PDA

View Full Version : I am truly at a loss...

Darth CarlSatan
10-06-2008, 01:29 AM
Before this game, I thought I had a pretty good bead on what was happening at One Arrowhead Drive. I thought the games leading up to Denver were a combination of Brodie's injury holding back true evaluation of what each guy could and could not do, and not enough real-time, "team-time" together.

I thought Herm and Chan were coaxing these guys along slowly, making sure they had mastered the basics before really opening up the Playbook.

I was wrong.

My hands are firmly thrown up in the air; I couldn't even begin to give you an inkling of an idea as to what the hell we are doing. I know we have talent, and I know we can play. What I don't know is why we can not play well consistently.

Somethin' ain't right in River City...

By the way, I'm new here so "Hey" to all of my fellow fans.

Bike
10-06-2008, 01:38 AM
Welcome to ChiefsCrowd, Darth. Most people around here will agree with you. At one Arrowhead Drive, sh!t doesn't roll downhill. It stays stacked up in CP's office.
Time to bring in the shovels....

Darth CarlSatan
10-06-2008, 01:53 AM
Welcome to ChiefsCrowd, Darth. Most people around here will agree with you. At one Arrowhead Drive, sh!t doesn't roll downhill. It stays stacked up in CP's office.

Thanks Bike; glad to be here. I think it's a given that we can expect Carl to be gone at the end of his contract( maybe sooner if Clark is a man of his word ), but I'm now starting to wonder if Herm has lost control of his players.

I mean, even Gunther got a few wins out of his guys! I really hate the idea of all this young talent losing faith in the Franchise so soon in their careers; it's a shame.

Bike
10-06-2008, 02:06 AM
Well, I've said before, its not necessarily all Herms fault for the mess we are in. Its more Carls' fault for bringing him here in the first place...

tornadospotter
10-06-2008, 02:17 AM
You know come to think about it, Clark comes from a affluent family, maybe he doesn't know how to shovel sh!t, maybe doesn't have a shovel, I have one, maybe we all need to bring our shovels and help him clean out cp' office? :D

tornadospotter
10-06-2008, 02:22 AM
Thanks Bike; glad to be here. I think it's a given that we can expect Carl to be gone at the end of his contract( maybe sooner if Clark is a man of his word ), but I'm now starting to wonder if Herm has lost control of his players.

I mean, even Gunther got a few wins out of his guys! I really hate the idea of all this young talent losing faith in the Franchise so soon in their careers; it's a shame.
Please check out the Introduce yourself to the Crowd thread.:11:
:welcome: to the Chiefs Crowd!

Darth CarlSatan
10-06-2008, 02:32 AM
Please check out the Introduce yourself to the Crowd thread.:11:

I did Tornado, AND I even made an introductory post. It said the post was "pending approval".

I'm not getting email notifications on replies to my post, though I'm pretty sure my settings are correct.
AND, I'm still working on getting my sig to show up.
Moving in to a new house is HARD work! :)

tornadospotter
10-06-2008, 02:54 AM
I did Tornado, AND I even made an introductory post. It said the post was "pending approval".

I'm not getting email notifications on replies to my post, though I'm pretty sure my settings are correct.
AND, I'm still working on getting my sig to show up.
Moving in to a new house is HARD work! :)

If that is the case you should not have been able to post at all unless approved.
( Coach better check that out!),
Darth we have been getting plastered by spammers new members join and then spam us. So Coach is working on fixing that, I quess I am supprised you was able to start a thread if you were not approved. I do not know what all Coach has done to fix our problems, but I know he is working on it.

Darth CarlSatan
10-06-2008, 04:01 AM
Well, rest-assured I am NO spammer, just a long-time fan trying to find a new crew to hang with.

They're also having that problem at the Coalition; you'll get a notification in your email about a new topic, and it's a bunch of "un-savory, non-football related material", shall we say?

Anywho, nice to meet you and hopefully I can get my notifications by email to start working.

:bananen_smilies046:
Wait; I just figured it out!

tornadospotter
10-06-2008, 04:21 AM
Well then you are most welcome here my fellow Chief fan!

Darth CarlSatan
10-06-2008, 04:55 AM
Thanks! It's hard to come to a new place after so long; everybody is kind of used to your personality and the things that make you uniquely you.

And now I gotta' start all over again. Plus, you miss those one or two people that you're really tight with( though I will keep in touch with them ). And, I like having at least one, but hopefully many old, old school fans from the AFL days to bring the historical perspective to today's era.

They've got a pretty good board over there, but there are a couple of non-fan trolls who are tight with at least one or two of the mods. They're allowed to talk smack about the Chiefs AND to belittle the fans, but if you're a better player-hater than them and you put them in their place; they run to the mods and cry "foul".
And you, the Chiefs Fan, get the "time out".

No thanks; I'll go elsewhere. Just bear with me a while, I'll figure out just how I fit in here.

Thanks again!

tornadospotter
10-06-2008, 05:09 AM
Thanks! It's hard to come to a new place after so long; everybody is kind of used to your personality and the things that make you uniquely you.

And now I gotta' start all over again. Plus, you miss those one or two people that you're really tight with( though I will keep in touch with them ). And, I like having at least one, but hopefully many old, old school fans from the AFL days to bring the historical perspective to today's era.

They've got a pretty good board over there, but there are a couple of non-fan trolls who are tight with at least one or two of the mods. They're allowed to talk smack about the Chiefs AND to belittle the fans, but if you're a better player-hater than them and you put them in their place; they run to the mods and cry "foul".

No thanks; I'll go elsewhere. Just bear with me a while, I'll figure out just how I fit in here.

Thanks again!
There are always going to be conflicting personality's but I joined that site right before I found the Crowd, I still lurk on the collation just to see whats being said, but this is the Forum to be a member of, I have made some good friends here. Had a great time with some at the Chiefs home opener!

chief31
10-06-2008, 10:51 AM
Well, I've said before, its not necessarily all Herms fault for the mess we are in. Its more Carls' fault for bringing him here in the first place...

I can't argue that logic. Lol.

Thanks again!

There are many sides around here, but very few 'clicks'.

I am one of those who is generally down on the team for the past three seasons.

But, I have had arguments with just about everyone else who appears to feel the same way.

We generally have something to disagree about. LJ, JA, Herm, Carl, Huard... There is a long list of topics that noone seems to be in total agreeance with me on.

(They will all figure it out eventually.):lol:

tornadospotter
10-06-2008, 10:57 AM

But, I have had arguments with just about everyone else who appears to feel the same way.

We generally have something to disagree about. LJ, JA, Herm, Carl, Huard... There is a long list of topics that noone seems to be in total agreeance with me on.

:funnypost: :sign0153: :D , We know, or at least some of us know!:lol: :bananen_smilies046:

Seek
10-06-2008, 01:48 PM
Before this game, I thought I had a pretty good bead on what was happening at One Arrowhead Drive. I thought the games leading up to Denver were a combination of Brodie's injury holding back true evaluation of what each guy could and could not do, and not enough real-time, "team-time" together.

I thought Herm and Chan were coaxing these guys along slowly, making sure they had mastered the basics before really opening up the Playbook.

I was wrong.

My hands are firmly thrown up in the air; I couldn't even begin to give you an inkling of an idea as to what the hell we are doing. I know we have talent, and I know we can play. What I don't know is why we can not play well consistently.

Somethin' ain't right in River City...

By the way, I'm new here so "Hey" to all of my fellow fans.

Do you know KcontheBrain.

Darth CarlSatan
10-06-2008, 01:58 PM
Do you know KcontheBrain.

I know him very well...;)

Seek
10-06-2008, 02:04 PM
I know him very well...;)

Thought so! Welcome.

Can't wait to start arguing with you again. :sign0104:

Darth CarlSatan
10-06-2008, 02:19 PM
Good to see you too, and I'm sure we will! :)

hardcorechiefsfan
10-07-2008, 12:05 AM
You know something? I don't think I have ever seen Brandon Flowers play; is he injured?

Darth CarlSatan
10-07-2008, 12:28 AM
:sign0153::sign0153::sign0153:

Oh Yes You Have!!!! (I love it when I get to gloat on my boy)

He's started every game, and he( and also with Brandon Carr now )walked right in to the NFL "All World" from day one.
During the aftermath of the draft, everyone was giddy about Glenn and Brandon Albert, and to a lesser extent; Jamaal Charles. Nobody was giving Flowers the time of day.
I went on you tube to look at highlight reels of our top four, and I got to Flower's reel last. After one viewing, I couldn't wipe the smile off my face for an hour; out of all those guys, he was the only one I saw that made me say "I've seen everything I need to know, and this guy is Vintage Arrowhead All The Way".

Sure enough; three days in to camp at River Falls, Flowers is the "it"-guy, and he hasn't let up ever since. Even in this Carolina debacle, he and Carr were the only two guys that got ANY praise from the KC sports media.
Flowers and Carr are monsters, and even in their rookie years; they're getting the job done and turning heads in this leauge.

hardcorechiefsfan
10-07-2008, 12:39 AM
:sign0153::sign0153::sign0153:

Oh Yes You Have!!!! (I love it when I get to gloat on my boy)

He's started every game, and he( and also with Brandon Carr now )walked right in to the NFL "All World" from day one.
During the aftermath of the draft, everyone was giddy about Glenn and Brandon Albert, and to a lesser extent; Jamaal Charles. Nobody was giving Flowers the time of day.
I went on you tube to look at highlight reels of our top four, and I got to Flower's reel last. After one viewing, I couldn't wipe the smile off my face for an hour; out of all those guys, he was the only one I saw that made me say "I've seen everything I need to know, and this guy is Vintage Arrowhead All The Way".

Sure enough; three days in to camp at River Falls, Flowers is the "it"-guy, and he hasn't let up ever since. Even in this Carolina debacle, he and Carr were the only two guys that got ANY praise from the KC sports media.
Flowers and Carr are monsters, and even in their rookie years; they're getting the job done and turning heads in this leauge.

I guess that I miss alot from the time church is out to the time I get home and turn on the tv. Its good that we do have some strong players.

Darth CarlSatan
10-07-2008, 12:51 AM
I guess that I miss alot from the time church is out to the time I get home and turn on the tv. Its good that we do have some strong players.

Amen to that.:bananen_smilies046:

hardcorechiefsfan
10-07-2008, 01:19 AM
Amen to that.:bananen_smilies046:

I hope you don't mind if I drink a soda, lol.

Guru
10-07-2008, 01:59 AM

I disagree.:lol:

Darth CarlSatan
10-07-2008, 02:17 AM
I hope you don't mind if I drink a soda, lol.

You're obviously very involved in your Church. So which is it; Minister, Deacon, Reverend etc?

Though it would probably not set well with traditionalists, there's a great BBQ place in Austin called "Stubbs" that has a Gospel Sunday Brunch/Buffet with music, the Pastor, and the whole nine yards.
Throw in the "Make Your Own Bloody Mary"-bar, and my Soul is already a convert though I've never set foot in the house!

Bike
10-07-2008, 12:08 PM
Chiefs could definetly use some divine intervention at this point. Please put in a good word...

Darth CarlSatan
10-07-2008, 12:35 PM
Chiefs could definetly use some divine intervention at this point. Please put in a good word...

Word, with a side of WORD! :D

hardcorechiefsfan
10-07-2008, 11:42 PM
You're obviously very involved in your Church. So which is it; Minister, Deacon, Reverend etc?

I am a Pentecostal which is are very big on prayer. I am not a deacon or a pastor. I am involved in my church - I go to Sunday school before the service, 2 Bible studies a week, I go to prayer at the church on Tuesday nights although tonight I forgot about it, and on Wednesday nights I am involved with children's ministry by being a teacher for kindergarten girls.

Though it would probably not set well with traditionalists, there's a great BBQ place in Austin called "Stubbs" that has a Gospel Sunday Brunch/Buffet with music, the Pastor, and the whole nine yards.
Throw in the "Make Your Own Bloody Mary"-bar, and my Soul is already a convert though I've never set foot in the house!

I used to drink until I couldn't down the double screwdrivers like I used to. All this was before I came to be at the church I go to now. Just as long as no one forces me to drink, I can enjoy a good time like everone else but not in a bar(I don't do bars).

I've tried to get my pastor to say a prayer over the chiefs' game that week but he isn't a avid chiefs' fan like we are, he could care less if he watched football so I have had a little chat with God about my boys(the chiefs) in the past but this season I've been kinda busy and worn out lately so I've neglected praying for my boys. I will have to change that.

Word, with a side of WORD! :DIt says in the Bible somewhere that if 2 or 3 or more are in agreement(praying for the same thing) then God makes it so. Of couse that would mean being less negative when talking about the chiefs. God will make what we believe to be true.
Who is in this with me?

Darth CarlSatan
10-07-2008, 11:59 PM
It says in the Bible somewhere that if 2 or 3 or more are in agreement(praying for the same thing) then God makes it so. Of couse that would mean being less negative when talking about the chiefs. God will make what we believe to be true.
Who is in this with me?

I say "Pray Hard and Plan Wisely For The Future".

hardcorechiefsfan
10-08-2008, 12:34 AM
I say "Pray Hard and Plan Wisely For The Future".
Very true.