PDA

View Full Version : To all the Herm supporters...

Pages : [1] 2

nigeriannightmare
10-06-2008, 06:28 PM
There are a few on this site that say Herm needs to be given the chance because the foundation has been laid for a contender. What good is that gonna do with Herm at the helm? Last year 5 out of the 8 youngest teams made the playoffs, one of them won the superbowl. So this whole youth movement is played out. Look what their doing in Atlanta and Miami. It may not last but they have beat some competitive teams and are showing improvement. Where are we seeing improvement. we still don't have a QB, and Croyle was Herm's guy. He continues to show how inconsistent he is, but continues to get a pass. To the Herm lovers, wherever you are, please explain why you think Herm's the guy, please, please, please...

ASDF
10-06-2008, 07:00 PM
Sometimes I wish AL Davis was the owner of the Chiefs. Herm would have been fired a looong time ago.

Darth CarlSatan
10-06-2008, 08:32 PM
Sometimes I wish AL Davis was the owner of the Chiefs. Herm would have been fired a looong time ago.

First, I wouldn't wish that pox on our house ever because,

Second; we'd get a great coach who would be fired after four weeks, and we'd get to repeat this process every year.:D

All of this mess hinges on a guy from Texas; it's in his hands how he want's to change or not change things around. Speculators say he'll be doing some shopping around Super Bowl time, and trying to get the franchise hooked up with the right people who can clean this mess up. We'll see.

texaschief
10-06-2008, 08:48 PM
There are a few on this site that say Herm needs to be given the chance because the foundation has been laid for a contender. What good is that gonna do with Herm at the helm? Last year 5 out of the 8 youngest teams made the playoffs, one of them won the superbowl. So this whole youth movement is played out. Look what their doing in Atlanta and Miami. It may not last but they have beat some competitive teams and are showing improvement. Where are we seeing improvement. we still don't have a QB, and Croyle was Herm's guy. He continues to show how inconsistent he is, but continues to get a pass. To the Herm lovers, wherever you are, please explain why you think Herm's the guy, please, please, please...

I keep forgetting. Who is the QB for the Dolphins again? It's funny, as soon as Herm's other QB gets to Miami, Miami is considered a better team. The BIGGEST problem Miami and Atlanta had last year was they were absolutely AWFUL at QB... there seems to be a theme here. I've never been sold on Croyle. I want a 1st or 2nd round QB to build around. But until you get consistent QB play, you're going to have ups and downs like this.

As I've said since Croyle goes down, I'm reserving judgment of this team until Croyle comes back and stays in the lineup. Until that happens, you really can't get a good read on what this team is capable of. I realize you're one of those people who stick your fingers in your ears, close your eyes and scream "it's all Herm's fault," but I'm not. I want to see what this team looks like with all their pieces in place before i run around screaming "the sky is falling."

Second; we'd get a great coach who would be fired after four weeks, and we'd get to repeat this process every year.:D

All of this mess hinges on a guy from Texas; it's in his hands how he want's to change or not change things around. Speculators say he'll be doing some shopping around Super Bowl time, and trying to get the franchise hooked up with the right people who can clean this mess up. We'll see.

That's just a rumor. I decided to turn the job down. The Bengals offered more money. :lol:

Darth CarlSatan
10-06-2008, 09:17 PM
As I've said since Croyle goes down, I'm reserving judgment of this team until Croyle comes back and stays in the lineup Well, if nothing else we can start a spread on how many hits it will take to send Croyle back to the bench...:D

Yep, I dub this bet/spread "The Tootsie Pop"; how many licks DOES IT take??? :yahoo:

By the way; nice beat down on Colorado the other night!

KingStriker
10-06-2008, 09:21 PM
Born a Chief, Raised a Chief, but a Seahawk by choice.

I am young at 22 and got to choose my team when I was a child. I was born into the Chiefs, and love everything about them, however I found my team at 7 in Seattle.

But onto the real topic I just want to say that some of my favorite players/coaches of all time came from the Chiefs.

I miss Marty Schottenheimer.
We should have started Rich Gannon (The Cannon).

And now the topic that relates to this forum, I think we should fire Herm and look to grab Mike Holmgren or try to get Marty back. Holmgren leaves my Seahawks after this season and plans a 1 year break before returning. However, Holmgren is a master of grooming QB's (He coached Steve Young in college as well as Joe Montana, Steve Young, Brett favre, and Matt Hasslebeck in NFL) and turned a disgraced organization like the Seahawks into the team it is today (he has taken us to more playoff appearances than all our past coaches combined, brought in amazing players while he had the Head of Football Operations/GM powers upon comeing till the end of 2005 when he was stripped, a new stadium no longer sharing with a baseball team, the 2nd largest football training facility in NFL history, and our franchises first and only superbowl appearance.)

So that is my advice/idea of what should happen. Convince Holmgren to come to the Chiefs instead of taking time off. You bring a proven SB contening coach who has the ability to draft and mold players.

Other options, Marty and Bill Cowher.

Darth CarlSatan
10-06-2008, 09:28 PM

I am young at 22 and got to choose my team when I was a child. I was born into the Chiefs, and love everything about them, however I found my team at 7 in Seattle.

But onto the real topic I just want to say that some of my favorite players/coaches of all time came from the Chiefs.

I miss Marty Schottenheimer.

And now the topic that relates to this forum, I think we should fire Herm and look to grab Mike Holmgren or try to get Marty back. Holmgren leaves my Seahawks after this season and plans a 1 year break before returning. However, Holmgren is a master of grooming QB's (He coached Steve Young in college as well as Joe Montana, Steve Young, Brett favre, and Matt Hasslebeck in NFL) and turned a disgraced organization like the Seahawks into the team it is today (he has taken us to more playoff appearances than all our past coaches combined, brought in amazing players while he had the Head of Football Operations/GM powers upon comeing till the end of 2005 when he was stripped, a new stadium no longer sharing with a baseball team, the 2nd largest football training facility in NFL history, and our franchises first and only superbowl appearance.)

So that is my advice/idea of what should happen. Convince Holmgren to come to the Chiefs instead of taking time off. You bring a proven SB contening coach who has the ability to draft and mold players.

As the originator of the Marty/Chin Dream-Team Campaign, which began in Oct/Nov 2007, I applaud your obvious wisdom and intelligence! :sign0098:

hardcorechiefsfan
10-06-2008, 10:42 PM

I miss Marty .

I miss Schottenheimer too. I feel like when he left the chiefs he took the spirit of the chiefs. To go with our tail between our legs begging for him to come back, I don't think that would work because Lamar Hunt would turn in his grave if we did. Anyway, the chiefs don't have a very good record for bring in coaches. If Vermeil couldn't make a superbowl team out of the chiefs I doubt that anybody could. It is up to the players to find the desire to be winners.
KS, you are right about how we should of had Gannon as top QB, us fans loved him and not so loved Grbac. Happy fans make for a great team. I hated it when he did real well for the raiders.

Darth CarlSatan
10-06-2008, 11:04 PM
I miss Schottenheimer too. I feel like when he left the chiefs he took the spirit of the chiefs. To go with our tail between our legs begging for him to come back, I don't think that would work because Lamar Hunt would turn in his grave if we did.

Ideally, we bring Marty "back" to give him a shot at the job he now covets; General Manager. We've gotten so used to having one person wear three hats( and not wearing them very damned well...), we've lost sight of the fact that being a proper GM is a full-time gig.
You can't be effective as a GM if you're also the President and CEO.
You get Marty in the Head Office and Cowher on the sidelines; that's Championship Baby!!!
:bananen_smilies046::yahoo::bananen_smilies046:

hardcorechiefsfan
10-06-2008, 11:20 PM
Ideally, we bring Marty "back" to give him a shot at the job he now covets; General Manager. We've gotten so used to having one person wear three hats( and not wearing them very damned well...), we've lost sight of the fact that being a proper GM is a full-time gig.
You get Marty in the Head Office and Cowher on the sidelines; that's Championship Baby!!!

Now that might work because Marty was very effective as coach. I think that unlike Carl Peckerson, Marty would do whatever he had to do to make the team effective.

nigeriannightmare
10-06-2008, 11:38 PM
I keep forgetting. Who is the QB for the Dolphins again? It's funny, as soon as Herm's other QB gets to Miami, Miami is considered a better team. The BIGGEST problem Miami and Atlanta had last year was they were absolutely AWFUL at QB... there seems to be a theme here. I've never been sold on Croyle. I want a 1st or 2nd round QB to build around. But until you get consistent QB play, you're going to have ups and downs like this.

As I've said since Croyle goes down, I'm reserving judgment of this team until Croyle comes back and stays in the lineup. Until that happens, you really can't get a good read on what this team is capable of. I realize you're one of those people who stick your fingers in your ears, close your eyes and scream "it's all Herm's fault," but I'm not. I want to see what this team looks like with all their pieces in place before i run around screaming "the sky is falling."

What's Herm's record as a coach, and what teams has he rebuilt, I think I have asked this many teams before what has he done, besides have a couple of good drafts, which doesn't constitute good coaching, what has he done, seriously? Oh yeah he won a couple of playoff games with Parcells teams. I'll

nigeriannightmare
10-06-2008, 11:39 PM

What's Herm's record as a coach, and what teams has he rebuilt, I think I have asked this many teams before what has he done, besides have a couple of good drafts, which doesn't constitute good coaching, what has he done, seriously? Oh yeah he won a couple of playoff games with Parcells teams. I'll be in the corner, with my fingers in my ears, screaming and pouting.....

Darth CarlSatan
10-06-2008, 11:40 PM
Well it's a well-known fact; Marty does not want to coach again. He wants to take the next step up, and I'm betting dollars to doughnuts he's "disappeared" from the scene full-time the way he has, to bone-up and study what the job is all about and how to be effective at it.

He knows Kansas City would LOVE to have him back in that capacity, and he knows when Carl's contract is set to expire. Arrowhead is a drug, and I'm pretty sure he misses it.

The hardest part of getting the total ticket together is Cowher; he lives in the Carolinas, and we'd have to pay him a ****LOAD of money to get him here. That said, a proven Super Bowl coach around a ton of young talent just begging to be lead in the right way; it's every penny well-spent as far as I'm concerned.

Darth CarlSatan
10-06-2008, 11:49 PM
What's Herm's record as a coach, and what teams has he rebuilt, I think I have asked this many teams before what has he done, besides have a couple of good drafts, which doesn't constitute good coaching, what has he done, seriously? Oh yeah he won a couple of playoff games with Parcells teams. I'll be in the corner, with my fingers in my ears, screaming and pouting.....

I don't know Herm's numbers, but I DO know Herm's Curse:

Most everything he touches turns to mediocrity, and when he leaves; it turns to gold.

greg3564
10-07-2008, 12:43 AM
I don't know Herm's numbers, but I DO know Herm's Curse:

Most everything he touches turns to mediocrity, and when he leaves; it turns to gold.

Here you go...8 years as a head coach for a record of 53-64. Winning percentage of .453. Jets record of 39-41 and Chiefs record of 14-23.

Darth CarlSatan
10-07-2008, 01:00 AM
Here you go...8 years as a head coach for a record of 53-64. Winning percentage of .453. Jets record of 39-41 and Chiefs record of 14-23.

Oh man...

How DID this guy get hired?!?!?

When you're a Chiefs fan, you learn to cultivate the patience of Job. You also have to learn a LOT more about the game, strategy, and drafting because you never get that period where everything is SO great; you get to be just a lazy fan.

I don't know if what little shards of pride I have left can take another season of Carl/Herm...

hardcorechiefsfan
10-07-2008, 01:13 AM
Well it's a well-known fact; Marty does not want to coach again. He wants to take the next step up, and I'm betting dollars to doughnuts he's "disappeared" from the scene full-time the way he has, to bone-up and study what the job is all about and how to be effective at it.

Oh, because he couldn't take the chargers to superbowl?

He knows Kansas City would LOVE to have him back in that capacity, and he knows when Carl's contract is set to expire. Arrowhead is a drug, and I'm pretty sure he misses it.

When is Peckerson's contract going to expire?

The hardest part of getting the total ticket together is Cowher; he lives in the Carolinas, and we'd have to pay him a ****LOAD of money to get him here. That said, a proven Super Bowl coach around a ton of young talent just begging to be lead in the right way; it's every penny well-spent as far as I'm concerned.

Vermeil was a proven superbowl coach, maybe not around a young team, but he didn't get the chiefs to the top. I thought that the rams had gone thru a youth movement when he took them to the superbowl. I might of remembered wrong but I do try to keep up with football news.

Guru
10-07-2008, 02:02 AM
And to think, we gave up a draft pick to get Herm.

Darth CarlSatan
10-07-2008, 02:03 AM
Oh, because he couldn't take the chargers to superbowl?

I can't speak for everyone but personally, I heaved a BIG sigh of relief when SD let him go because I know better. I think the combination of the Elvis/Gannon debacle combined with being let go by SD after he was the first guy since GOD to get that sorry franchise to the post-season, just made him say "it's time to look at different ways I can be an effective partner in an NFL franchise".
He's done a bit of media work with various outlets like Sirius Radio and ESPN, but my gut tells me he'd LOVE to come home and give the right coach all of the support and backing from ownership that he didn't get from Carl at some very crucial junctures.

When is Peckerson's contract going to expire?

Say it with me, EVERYBODY; "TWENTY-TEN, TWENTY-TEN, TWENTY-TEN"!!! lol!

Vermeil was a proven superbowl coach, maybe not around a young team, but he didn't get the chiefs to the top. I thought that the rams had gone thru a youth movement when he took them to the superbowl. I might of remembered wrong but I do try to keep up with football news.

Vermeil was another Peckerson "Yard Sale Pick-Me Up"; a great offense man due to apprenticeship under Bill Walsh, but the craft/language of defense might as well have been Swahili to the guy.
Dick really came in at the wrong time. When Derrick passed away, the heart and soul of that unit was just gone, and there wasn't a big premium placed on rebuilding that aspect because everybody just felt and believed that everything Derrick embodied was somehow and in some way still there.

All I can hope for is that Clark Hunt will understand that in these young guys we've got more talent per-capita than I've ever seen on a team this young. They need the right people at the right time; we need better leadership.

Darth CarlSatan
10-07-2008, 02:07 AM

Just reading that makes my colon hurt...:D

Seek
10-07-2008, 01:25 PM
I want to see what this team looks like with all their pieces in place before i run around screaming "the sky is falling."

The proof is in the defense. Herm came in his first year here and put his stamp on the defense. This defense is supposed to be a nearly finished product. This defense is getting torched worse than when DV was here.

Putting the pieces together as you say is only dealying the obvious. Herm has never rebuilt a team. He inherited a good team and won with them, and when it started to become his own team. They lost and that is when NY said, I don't think this is working, UH wait... someone wants to give us a pick for you. Done deal..

hardcorechiefsfan
10-07-2008, 09:04 PM

Did we??!???

Vermeil was another Peckerson "Yard Sale Pick-Me Up"; a great offense man due to apprenticeship under Bill Walsh, but the craft/language of defense might as well have been Swahili to the guy.
Dick really came in at the wrong time. When Derrick passed away, the heart and soul of that unit was just gone, and there wasn't a big premium placed on rebuilding that aspect because everybody just felt and believed that everything Derrick embodied was somehow and in some way still there.

All I can hope for is that Clark Hunt will understand that in these young guys we've got more talent per-capita than I've ever seen on a team this young. They need the right people at the right time; we need better leadership.

The day I found out that Derrick had died I cried because I too felt that he gave the team its oomph. After Derrick Thomas died, I prayed constantly for God to send down Derrick's spirit to instill the desire to win, my prayer wasn't answered. What we got was Dante Hall and his stupid X-factor thingy, Jarrod Page and his calf tying thingy, and LJ with his dumb thing he does when he gets a TD.
What I found out was that dead people can't help us; as much as I loved Derrick and his red chiefs' heart, he can't help us and we must remember that.
I feel like a curse descended on the chiefs the day that Peckerson decided to put Gunther in as head coach after Marty left. The right time for Vermeil to be coach was when Gunther was coach. Gunther didn't have head coach in him, that season was a total mistake. That was a season that should never of happened.
Someone needs to slap some sense into those that make the important decisions because the chiefs franchise has no heart or soul. They got to do something because when players' contracts are up and because the team isn't showing any possibilty of being a team that can go to the superbowl they might just want out so they don't have to be embarrassed of the team they play for. Something needs to be done NOW. Let's see these kids get transfusions of red chiefs' blood. Metaphorically speaking of course.We want them to LOVE this team as we do.

Darth CarlSatan
10-07-2008, 09:45 PM
The proof is in the defense. Herm came in his first year here and put his stamp on the defense. This defense is supposed to be a nearly finished product. This defense is getting torched worse than when DV was here.

Putting the pieces together as you say is only dealying the obvious. Herm has never rebuilt a team. He inherited a good team and won with them, and when it started to become his own team. They lost and that is when NY said, I don't think this is working, UH wait... someone wants to give us a pick for you. Done deal..

Someone told me a while back that Herm would be a great Corner Back coach, and I agree because the proof is in the pudding; we are in possession of quite possibly the two greatest rookie Corners to ever walk in to this League.
My instincts tell me he has a great rapport with them, and Herm has his OWN little slice of "Corner History" as well.
That said; being a great squad coach and talent evaluator for your squad does NOT a great Head Coach make.

Quite the opposite.

Three7s
10-07-2008, 09:49 PM
Someone told me a while back that Herm would be a great Corner Back coach, and I agree because the proof is in the pudding; we are in possession of quite possibly the two greatest rookie Corners to ever walk in to this League.
My instincts tell me he has a great rapport with them, and Herm has his OWN little slice of "Corner History" as well.
That said; being a great squad coach and talent evaluator for your squad does NOT a great Head Coach make.

Quite the opposite.
I was impressed with how well our corners handled Smith and Muhammad. They had decent coverage at times. Only thing they did wrong was giving too much room at the start, that led to some of the big plays. They weren't too physical because they were scared they'd get beat, but that's the only way to stop receivers like Smith and Muhammad.

Darth CarlSatan
10-07-2008, 10:07 PM
Did we??!???

The day I found out that Derrick had died I cried because I too felt that he gave the team its oomph. After Derrick Thomas died, I prayed constantly for God to send down Derrick's spirit to instill the desire to win, my prayer wasn't answered. What we got was Dante Hall and his stupid X-factor thingy, Jarrod Page and his calf tying thingy, and LJ with his dumb thing he does when he gets a TD.
What I found out was that dead people can't help us; as much as I loved Derrick and his red chiefs' heart, he can't help us and we must remember that.
I feel like a curse descended on the chiefs the day that Peckerson decided to put Gunther in as head coach after Marty left. The right time for Vermeil to be coach was when Gunther was coach. Gunther didn't have head coach in him, that season was a total mistake. That was a season that should never of happened.
Someone needs to slap some sense into those that make the important decisions because the chiefs franchise has no heart or soul. They got to do something because when players' contracts are up and because the team isn't showing any possibilty of being a team that can go to the superbowl they might just want out so they don't have to be embarrassed of the team they play for. Something needs to be done NOW. Let's see these kids get transfusions of red chiefs' blood. Metaphorically speaking of course.We want them to LOVE this team as we do.

We've got a LOT of season to go yet. And from what I've seen, we're just gonna' have to take it week to week because there is just NO consistency to speak of outside of Flowers and Carr.
If this season ends up like last year or worse, the best thing Clark Hunt could do would be to have a one on one sit-down with the top and most promising talent of this franchise, and assure them that the House is about to be cleaned big time. He should make a commitment to these guys to provide them with the best coaching and staffing money can buy.
He should then in turn wipe the entire chalkboard clean, roll up his sleeves, establish a local residence, and start cracking the whip ala Jerry Jones EVERY DAY, while being in that office EVERY DAY until the ship is firmly righted and ready to sail again.

It's been real fashionable in the past for the entirety of the sports-media to bash on Jerry Jones for being so hands-on with his Cowboys.
You know what I say?
My KINGDOM for a Jerry Jones at One Arrowhead Drive!
Dallas is building a One BILLION dollar new stadium and the Cowboys, without exception, will always make at least TWO legitimate 'Ring Runs' every decade.

It ALL starts at the top.

Darth CarlSatan
10-07-2008, 10:15 PM
I was impressed with how well our corners handled Smith and Muhammad. They had decent coverage at times. Only thing they did wrong was giving too much room at the start, that led to some of the big plays. They weren't too physical because they were scared they'd get beat, but that's the only way to stop receivers like Smith and Muhammad.

It's that 'Swiss Cheese Syndrome'; 4 or 5 guys who can produce, trying to make up for those who can't.
When I think about having a Smith/Thomas-level pass-rush, with Carr and Flowers and Pollard back there, my mind absolutely reels at the unlimited possibilities!
:bananen_smilies046:

chief31
10-08-2008, 05:42 AM

I wonder if we could rent Al for an hour or so?

I keep forgetting. Who is the QB for the Dolphins again? It's funny, as soon as Herm's other QB gets to Miami, Miami is considered a better team.

I know you aren't giving Herm the credit for The Dolphins' improvement. I know it because you have blamed Pennington for Herms failure with The Jets.

So I am obviously mis-understanding that statement.

You must be trying to give credit to either OT Jake Long. No, as I remember, you pretty much said that he was a nothing too.

Well, that only leaves The Tuna. So that must be who you are referring to. But then, Super-Herm managed to take a band of Parcells' losers to the playoffs.

I'm confused here.

The BIGGEST problem Miami and Atlanta had last year was they were absolutely AWFUL at QB... there seems to be a theme here. I've never been sold on Croyle. I want a 1st or 2nd round QB to build around. But until you get consistent QB play, you're going to have ups and downs like this. Hey. You are a Herm-guy. QBs are nothing but hamburger. Or is it hit-sponges?

I prefer to credit he high draft picks, OT Sam Baker, OT, Justin Blalock and OT Jake Long more than the QBs that you told us were absolute garbage. Because I so trust your judgement of QBs.

No. TC is more of a 'stick your finger in your ears and scream "Nothing is Herms fault!"' -kinda guy. :D

Ok. I like you. You are one of the good guys. (For the moment.):D

Seek
10-08-2008, 08:50 AM

Well when you give a QB all day to throw the ball because there is zero pass rush, and I mean zero hurries. A corner is going to get beat regardless who they are. They were respecting those receivers so they wouldn't get beat right off the line.

Can't even point a finger at the corners. So far, they have been one of the few bright spots under HERMAN.

Seek
10-08-2008, 09:03 AM
Adam Teicher said yesterday on 610 sports that Carl actually gave Marty the reigns his last three years here. He said Marty was horrible as a GM and that is when Marty's team declined. He then retired because he got in hot water with Carl and CP took away his authority and Marty didn't want to stick around for the rebuild because it was going to be such a mess.

Darth CarlSatan
10-08-2008, 11:40 AM
Adam Teicher said yesterday on 610 sports that Carl actually gave Marty the reigns his last three years here. He said Marty was horrible as a GM and that is when Marty's team declined. He then retired because he got in hot water with Carl and CP took away his authority and Marty didn't want to stick around for the rebuild because it was going to be such a mess.

Unless there's something I'm not seeing in your post, I have to ask:

How can you be the GM and the Head Coach at the same time?
If Carl was expecting Marty to do both jobs at the same time, then Carl really IS a moron. There's a reason a football franchise, like so many other businesses, is compartmentalized; you want each person to focus solely on their task(s) and to do the job with relentless efficiency and professional pride.

A lot of penny-pinching in this franchise, and we now see the end result.

chief31
10-08-2008, 11:50 AM

If Carl was expecting Marty to do both jobs at the same time, then Carl really IS a moron. There's a reason a football franchise, like so many other businesses, is compartmentalized; you want each person to focus solely on their task(s) and to do the job with relentless efficiency and professional pride.

Carl is President and GM. And I know that Mike Holmgren was both head coach and Gm of the Seahawks for a few season.

It's not completely unheard of.

Seek
10-08-2008, 05:22 PM

I believe CP pretty much let Marty make all the shot personel wise. CP continued the administration part.

I don't know. Adam Teicher basically said, that Marty has already shown he is not GM material and wouldn't even consider him becoming the GM. He is a good coach and that was it.

Darth CarlSatan
10-08-2008, 07:09 PM
I believe CP pretty much let Marty make all the shot personel wise. CP continued the administration part.

I don't know. Adam Teicher basically said, that Marty has already shown he is not GM material and wouldn't even consider him becoming the GM. He is a good coach and that was it.

I understand. Here's something you should know about Tiecher though; he's a Donko fan and I'm sure he'd love to see Carl here until he dies, and Marty never walking through the door again.
Eh; whatta ya' gonna' do?:D

Seek
10-09-2008, 09:21 AM
I understand. Here's something you should know about Tiecher though; he's a Donko fan and I'm sure he'd love to see Carl here until he dies, and Marty never walking through the door again.
Eh; whatta ya' gonna' do?:D

One thing about Teicher is he is completely unbiased in his opinions of the Chiefs. He follows the team every day of the year and he isn't a true fan of the Chiefs. So he doesn't report the rose colored opinions.

I thought he was more of a Raider Fan. He loves the Angels and despises the Dodgers, so I figured he was an LA guy. Of course he went to Michigan State.

He was pretty adimit about Marty being the reason this team was a mess when he retired. And being an unbiased report as we know he is. Which does make some sense with how Marty left. We all assumed it was becuase he wasn't given any say in who the team signed. Teicher could be telling it as it was.

Asking for Marty to become GM could be a disaster. He has zero experience in the administration part of the job.

jakesmith
10-09-2008, 10:28 AM
You are all clamoring about Shoddy Schot. He was a good coach in the regular season. He could put together a great team to roll through the regular season. (Look at the Chargers teams and the Chiefs Teams and the Brown Teams) All of those teams had great regular season records. BUT!!! BUT, what happened in the playoffs for all those teams?

Why would we want someone like that back in KC. He was let go for a reason in KC, SD and Cleveland. Dont bring it back. Shoddy Schot wants a GM job? Let Al Davis hire him and screw up that team more.

My opinion is continue with the youth movement. Look at some of the recent surges in the MLB. Those GMs are young and vibrant. There are young talented people in the NFL that might just be what we need. CP is old and tired and the team plays old and tired.

Darth CarlSatan
10-09-2008, 11:10 AM
One thing about Teicher is he is completely unbiased in his opinions of the Chiefs. He follows the team every day of the year and he isn't a true fan of the Chiefs. So he doesn't report the rose colored opinions.

I thought he was more of a Raider Fan. He loves the Angels and despises the Dodgers, so I figured he was an LA guy. Of course he went to Michigan State.

He was pretty adimit about Marty being the reason this team was a mess when he retired. And being an unbiased report as we know he is. Which does make some sense with how Marty left. We all assumed it was becuase he wasn't given any say in who the team signed. Teicher could be telling it as it was.

Asking for Marty to become GM could be a disaster. He has zero experience in the administration part of the job.

In the end, I don't care WHO they call. Call Daffy Duck for all I care, but call SOMEONE who is intelligent and committed to this Franchise!
And do it YESTERDAY!!!:11:

Bike
10-09-2008, 01:44 PM
In the end, I don't care WHO they call. Call Daffy Duck for all I care, but call SOMEONE who is intelligent and committed to this Franchise!
And do it YESTERDAY!!!:11:
We all know Carl should have been fired probably after the 98 season, after Marty won us 1 single playoff game in 10 years. But we didn't and here we are.
Clark is a businessman loyal to his cronies that were under his dad.
Carl is a salesman loyal to nobody but Clark and himself.
The Kansas City fans and the Chiefs franchise are now seeing the results of this arrangement come to a head.
It obviously all comes down to Clark. Does he have the nads to do whats right? I don't know. You woulda thunk he woulda made the drastic changes we needed after the 4-12 disaster last year.

Darth CarlSatan
10-09-2008, 02:08 PM
We all know Carl should have been fired probably after the 98 season, after Marty won us 1 single playoff game in 10 years. But we didn't and here we are.
Clark is a businessman loyal to his cronies that were under his dad.
Carl is a salesman loyal to nobody but Clark and himself.
The Kansas City fans and the Chiefs franchise are now seeing the results of this arrangement come to a head.
It obviously all comes down to Clark. Does he have the nads to do whats right? I don't know. You woulda thunk he woulda made the drastic changes we needed after the 4-12 disaster last year.

Yep! And if he doesn't fulfill his word after another bad season, he knows his credibility is shot.
But you and I know that the ONE thing which will supersede all of that loyalty is $$$$.
Poor ticket sales, Season Holders that won't renew, and television blackouts will put Carl and Herm out the door.

Bike
10-09-2008, 02:17 PM
Yep! And if he doesn't fulfill his word after another bad season, he knows his credibility is shot.
But you and I know that the ONE thing which will supersede all of that loyalty is $$$$.
Poor ticket sales, Season Holders that won't renew, and television blackouts will put Carl and Herm out the door.
Yeah, and unfortunately thats a tough way to go in KC. KC fans are the most loyal fans in the nfl. We support our Chiefs, win or lose. Thats what is keep Carl in office. Fan loyalty. It will probably have to go back to the 70's when we were putting 20,000 people in the seats to make the change. Sad.

Chiefster
10-09-2008, 02:18 PM

Because he plays to win the game! :lol:

Chiefster
10-09-2008, 02:21 PM
You are all clamoring about Shoddy Schot. He was a good coach in the regular season. He could put together a great team to roll through the regular season. (Look at the Chargers teams and the Chiefs Teams and the Brown Teams) All of those teams had great regular season records. BUT!!! BUT, what happened in the playoffs for all those teams?

Why would we want someone like that back in KC. He was let go for a reason in KC, SD and Cleveland. Dont bring it back. Shoddy Schot wants a GM job? Let Al Davis hire him and screw up that team more.

My opinion is continue with the youth movement. Look at some of the recent surges in the MLB. Those GMs are young and vibrant. There are young talented people in the NFL that might just be what we need. CP is old and tired and the team plays old and tired.

Playing not to loose and going with a prevent defense in a close game is a recipe for failure.

Darth CarlSatan
10-09-2008, 02:24 PM
Yeah, and unfortunately thats a tough way to go in KC. KC fans are the most loyal fans in the nfl. We support our Chiefs, win or lose. Thats what is keep Carl in office. Fan loyalty. It will probably have to go back to the 70's when we were putting 20,000 people in the seats to make the change. Sad.

If we squander all of this young talent for the sake of Carl and Herm, I will be absolutely ENRAGED.

Bike
10-09-2008, 02:46 PM
If we squander all of this young talent for the sake of Carl and Herm, I will be absolutely ENRAGED.
I'm already ENRAGED!!:bananen_smilies046: Damn it, man.

Darth CarlSatan
10-09-2008, 02:58 PM

One more shut-out, and I'll be right there with you.

jtandcrew
10-09-2008, 04:28 PM

If we have another shut out this season im throwing myself of my roof! Between the economy, election and the Chiefs? Im feeling like my grandfather living through the depression!:lol:

jakesmith
10-09-2008, 04:33 PM
Playing not to loose and going with a prevent defense in a close game is a recipe for failure.

BINGO!!!! :sign0098:

jtandcrew
10-09-2008, 04:49 PM

The prevent defense is the only thing worse than the cover 2 defense imo. The cover 2 might of worked good at first but, now teams know how to do pick it apart. Sorta like when they came out with the run and shoot offense. It was unstoppable at first but eventually eveyone caught up.

Darth CarlSatan
10-09-2008, 05:50 PM
The prevent defense is the only thing worse than the cover 2 defense imo. The cover 2 might of worked good at first but, now teams know how to do pick it apart. Sorta like when they came out with the run and shoot offense. It was unstoppable at first but eventually eveyone caught up.

I absolutely loathe the Herm Edwards, Kansas City Turd-2 Defense.
How do I hate it? Let me count the ways:

1) Marginal against the run.
2) Practically non-existent against the pass. We could do man to man ALL DAY LONG, and get the exact same results.
3) Pass rushing up the box? Nope. Not unless we can clone Glenn Dorsey 3 times over...

2 CB's, 1 SS, 1 FS, and two OLB's; that's how you play Chiefs Defense.
Watch sometime when the ball get's passed to the receiver Carr is covering; you'll see Brandon Flowers coming from the side of your screen to assist on the hit or tackle right about the time that ball hits the receivers hands.
Carr, Flowers, Williams, and Pollard can take care of the secondary just fine by themselves, thank you.
We need OLB-power bringing the heat and pain to the backfield, and we need it yesterday.

spiman
10-09-2008, 07:06 PM
Hired Oct 1 2006..What not a super Bowl yet? :lol:
Knows the Chiefs were old when aquired team. Rebuild..
What not a super bowl?:lol: He has a 6yr contract.
I am quessing in his mind a 4yr plan. What-deep in the playoffs by then, I would suppose..:sign0098: I would imagine his cotract has guarantied $..That $ would be well spent on free agents..Like o-line or the big hit of a Drafted QB!:wheelchair: New coach-I am not for it! New GM? Yea!:bananen_smilies046:

Three7s
10-09-2008, 07:22 PM
Cover 2 isn't great, but I don't think that most of you know what it's for.

Cover 2 is meant to try and trick teams to go deep and force opposing teams to throw picks. It worked against Denver. The way you attack it is by going short, and hoping your receivers can make a play, which is what Carolina did.

For the most part, Cover 2 is good against inexperienced or bad QBs with slow receivers. As for it's defense against the run, not that much difference, as with all coverages, the D-line and LBs are most important against the run.

jtandcrew
10-09-2008, 08:38 PM
Cover 2 isn't great, but I don't think that most of you know what it's for.

Cover 2 is meant to try and trick teams to go deep and force opposing teams to throw picks. It worked against Denver. The way you attack it is by going short, and hoping your receivers can make a play, which is what Carolina did.

For the most part, Cover 2 is good against inexperienced or bad QBs with slow receivers. As for it's defense against the run, not that much difference, as with all coverages, the D-line and LBs are most important against the run.

Your favorite player is Donnie Edwards? Then think back to when he was in his prime. He was supposed to be DT's replacement in what? A Gunther style attack defense. When the Chiefs had a top 5 defense we ALWAYS ran a more of a man to man/blitz combo. I dont see that any more. Granted we dont have the same 2 CB (hardy and the other is on the tip of my tongue) either way....it was a hell of alot better defense than we have now!

Ive said it before and ill say it again!

DAMMIT GIVE GUNTHER HIS DEFENSE BACK!

Darth CarlSatan
10-09-2008, 08:58 PM
Your favorite player is Donnie Edwards? Then think back to when he was in his prime. He was supposed to be DT's replacement in what? A Gunther style attack defense. When the Chiefs had a top 5 defense we ALWAYS ran a more of a man to man/blitz combo. I dont see that any more. Granted we dont have the same 2 CB (hardy and the other is on the tip of my tongue) either way....it was a hell of alot better defense than we have now!

Ive said it before and ill say it again!

DAMMIT GIVE GUNTHER HIS DEFENSE BACK!

Having two OLB's that don't get manhandled coming off the line everytime would help the equation considerably.
Every time they've lined up PT and DJ on the outside, they lose.

Sn@keIze
10-09-2008, 10:08 PM
Its funny how we rebuild and Herm wants to get young, yet he kepted "has been" Donnie.

Gdammit, Itd be nice to have Scott Fujita back or some LB that has some quality or something left in the tank.

spiman
10-09-2008, 10:42 PM
What is more scary is LJ/TG and some others r getting old too..Oh noooooooo.....Well LJ 28 yrs football old? or 32yrs TG football years old? How young is the Chiefs going to get? TG going to retire and play basketball?

garciakcfan
10-09-2008, 10:50 PM
interesting thread.....

lets see, where to start... I personally think he is a good coach(bash away) and I like the cover two defense when you have the right personnal out there... Does anyone remember the superbowl two years ago???? Bears vs Colts... HMMMMMM what coaching pedigree does herm come from??? Cover 2 you need big DL keeping Ol off of the LB's and a smart MLB....

Its funny that "someone" has brought up his record, yeah its pretty bad right now for us but when he was with the jets he had 3 out of 5 winning seasons and each time with a winning record, making the playoffs, and 2 out of those 3 they advanced

For all of the Vermeil lovers out there... Do you realize that he only brought us 1, count that 1 playoff game??? We only finished first in our division once.. 3 out of the 5 years were losing... And some of you hold on to him like he was the freaking pope!!!!!! Why because he got lucky one year and rode a hungry Kurt Warner to the superbowl and still almost lost by 1 yard to the titans???? Get over it!!! Im sure most of you when he went 6-10 (at the time the worst record in chiefs history) and 8-8 were calling for his head too!!

He left this team in shambles and herm did get lucky his first year with us making it into the playoffs but I could see then that this team was old and changes needed to be made.. Ive said this before and i'll say it again that it didn't matter what coach came in they would still be in the same position as Herm.... And you would still be pissin and moanin about that guy....

I will support whatever coach wears that red on sundays no matter what until changes are made.... Im just more patient than most and don't really care what anybody else says.... I'm tired of losing and if Herm isnt the guy I want to find out the right way and this organization is showing more class by letting him stay and try to make this right..... But, like I said before if he doesnt in another year or two I will be calling for his head as well....

So go ahead and call me a herm supporter or whatever you want but I will always love my chiefs and support them no matter what even on not so "fair" weather days

CIAO!!!!!!!!

Darth CarlSatan
10-09-2008, 10:50 PM
Its funny how we rebuild and Herm wants to get young, yet he kepted "has been" Donnie.

Gdammit, Itd be nice to have Scott Fujita back or some LB that has some quality or something left in the tank.

Especially when Williams went out there and had a more dominant game against Denver than I've ever seen Donnie do anything.

garciakcfan
10-09-2008, 10:52 PM
interesting thread.....

lets see, where to start... I personally think he is a good coach(bash away) and I like the cover two defense when you have the right personnal out there... Does anyone remember the superbowl two years ago???? Bears vs Colts... HMMMMMM what coaching pedigree does herm come from??? Cover 2 you need big DL keeping Ol off of the LB's and a smart MLB....

Its funny that "someone" has brought up his record, yeah its pretty bad right now for us but when he was with the jets he had 3 out of 5 winning seasons and each time with a winning record, making the playoffs, and 2 out of those 3 they advanced

For all of the Vermeil lovers out there... Do you realize that he only brought us 1, count that 1 playoff game??? We only finished first in our division once.. 3 out of the 5 years were losing... And some of you hold on to him like he was the freaking pope!!!!!! Why because he got lucky one year and rode a hungry Kurt Warner to the superbowl and still almost lost by 1 yard to the titans???? Get over it!!! Im sure most of you when he went 6-10 (at the time the worst record in chiefs history) and 8-8 were calling for his head too!!

He left this team in shambles and herm did get lucky his first year with us making it into the playoffs but I could see then that this team was old and changes needed to be made.. Ive said this before and i'll say it again that it didn't matter what coach came in they would still be in the same position as Herm.... And you would still be pissin and moanin about that guy....

I will support whatever coach wears that red on sundays no matter what until changes are made.... Im just more patient than most and don't really care what anybody else says.... I'm tired of losing and if Herm isnt the guy I want to find out the right way and this organization is showing more class by letting him stay and try to make this right..... But, like I said before if he doesnt in another year or two I will be calling for his head as well....

So go ahead and call me a herm supporter or whatever you want but I will always love my chiefs and support them no matter what even on not so "fair" weather days

CIAO!!!!!!!!

BUmp sorry

Darth CarlSatan
10-09-2008, 11:09 PM
What is more scary is LJ/TG and some others r getting old too..Oh noooooooo.....Well LJ 28 yrs football old? or 32yrs TG football years old? How young is the Chiefs going to get? TG going to retire and play basketball?

LJ might be around a while longer, or we trade him at the end of this season so we can get some personnel WE need, and he moves on to a team that can give him a better shot at a Ring before age 30.

General consensus( and a LOT of wishful thinking )prognosticates TG being a "lifer".

I don't see it.
And after getting burned in Carolina, and having to finally achieve that record in such a God-Awful situation, Tony not only has my Blessing, but my encouragement as well.
The entire post-Denver week, two camps arose:
The "Tony's not being a team-player" camp, and the
"Tony has MORE than earned the right to get that record at home against our rival who previously held it".

I'm in camp number two. ONE great team effort, and everybody forgets about the lone mule who had to pull the applecart ALL BY HIS LONESOME for a number of years.
If I could talk to Tony face to face, I would say this:

"Tony, you've given everything and more to Kansas City, and you'll always be welcome here". "I'm sorry that the House couldn't get it done for you". "So don't walk, do NOT pass "GO", do NOT collect two-hundred dollars, and run as fast as you can to the airport, and DON'T look back".
"Go get that Ring; you've earned it".

chief31
10-10-2008, 03:08 AM

Very true. And even if The Chiefs wind-up at 2-14 this season, they will draft some players and hype them up, and we will get all excited and pay to see them again. (Most will actually make it to see them, once they have paid.:D )...............................:frown:

Three7s
10-10-2008, 03:20 AM
interesting thread.....

CIAO!!!!!!!!
I don't really care about the Vermeil vs Edwards debate, I'd just like to point out one thing. Yeah, we only made the playoffs once, but you forget that in 02 and 05, we could've easily made the playoffs, we were just unlucky.

Darth CarlSatan
10-10-2008, 03:26 AM
Very true. And even if The Chiefs wind-up at 2-14 this season, they will draft some players and hype them up, and we will get all excited and pay to see them again. (Most will actually make it to see them, once they have paid.:D )...............................:frown:

They didn't have to "hype up" anyone; we DID score great players.
And if we( and by "we" I mean Clark Hunt )can secure legitimate coaching and management, we WILL have a great team sooner rather than later.

One more time, boys and girls:

It ALL starts at the Top.

Darth CarlSatan
10-10-2008, 03:38 AM
I don't really care about the Vermeil vs Edwards debate, I'd just like to point out one thing. Yeah, we only made the playoffs once, but you forget that in 02 and 05, we could've easily made the playoffs, we were just unlucky.

If you count having no defense as "unlucky", then I agree.

Three7s
10-10-2008, 03:45 AM
If you count having no defense as "unlucky", then I agree.
I know we had no defense, I'm just going by record. 8-8 in 02, all we had to do was beat the Raiders on the last game of the season and hope for a Bronco loss. In 05, we were 10-6, and you almost never miss the playoffs at 10-6, but we did!

rbedgood
10-10-2008, 04:10 AM
I know we had no defense, I'm just going by record. 8-8 in 02, all we had to do was beat the Raiders on the last game of the season and hope for a Bronco loss. In 05, we were 10-6, and you almost never miss the playoffs at 10-6, but we did!

The point is better made with the '05 argument... 10-6 should get you in the playoffs...

chief31
10-10-2008, 04:20 AM
interesting thread.....

lets see, where to start... I personally think he is a good coach(bash away) Gotcha. and I like the cover two defense when you have the right personnal out there... Does anyone remember the superbowl two years ago???? Bears vs Colts... HMMMMMM what coaching pedigree does herm come from??? Cover 2 you need big DL keeping Ol off of the LB's and a smart MLB....

Nice to inherit a good team. But, even with that good team, what was his career record when we hired him?

For all of the Vermeil lovers out there... Do you realize that he only brought us 1, count that 1 playoff game??? We only finished first in our division once.. 3 out of the 5 years were losing... And some of you hold on to him like he was the freaking pope!!!!!!

He was the kind of coach who took on the challenge of leading a horrible team to becoming a winner.

Why because he got lucky one year and rode a hungry Kurt Warner to the superbowl and still almost lost by 1 yard to the titans????

Check the third year of each of Vermiels tenures. You believe that it was all just Warner, and not the coach that always did make a winner in three years? That's pretty bold.

Get over it!!! Im sure most of you when he went 6-10 (at the time the worst record in chiefs history) and 8-8 were calling for his head too!!

You are sure? Like, completely sure? Because eveyone seemed rather quiet about it to me. But you do seem pretty sure about everyone elses feelings here.

He left this team in shambles and herm did get lucky his first year with us making it into the playoffs but I could see then that this team was old and changes needed to be made..

I think most of realized that whenever DV left, the party was over. It sounds like you may have arrived late to the party on that one.

Ive said this before and i'll say it again that it didn't matter what coach came in they would still be in the same position as Herm.... And you would still be pissin and moanin about that guy....

That's just plain BS. It seems to be the standard that good coaches show results in their third season, not announce a rebuild that should have already been finished.

How many years did it take Cowher to get the disgustingly bad Steelers to the Super Bowl? (3)

And, again, Vermiel turned around three horrible football teams, and made them winners, in his third season with each.

Good coaches win. Herm loses.

I will support whatever coach wears that red on sundays no matter what until changes are made....

I'm gonna remeber you said that.

Im just more patient than most (I can't believe that you just said that. Lol.) and don't really care what anybody else says.... But you sure do get pissed about what others say, for someone who doesn't care. Lol. I'm tired of losing and if Herm isnt the guy I want to find out the right way and this organization is showing more class by letting him stay and try to make this right..... But, like I said before if he doesnt in another year or two I will be calling for his head as well....

Well, I didn't have to remember it for long. "I will support whatever coach wears that red on Sunday, no matter what."

CIAO!!!!!!!!

OMG! You just turned around and said it again! That must have been intended as a joke.

How can you go from "I'll support him no matter what" to "Ill be calling for his head" to "I'll support him no matter what" again, that quickly?

Anyway, Did you also support guys like Jordan Black, Kendrell Bell and Ryan Simms until the very end? Or did you do some complaining about them?

Seriously, I don't know. Because you seem rather indecisive.

Well, I recommend that you check this out. It may help you some...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizophrenia

Just teasin' ya.

But Herm has inherited two winning teams, and run them into the laughing-stock. While Vermiel took three laughing-stocks, and made them into winners within three seasons.

Who is the better coach?

The only reason that I usually get on the subject of DV, is because someone else blames him for Herms shortcomings, and I defend DV.

rbedgood
10-10-2008, 04:54 AM
Who is the better coach?

The only reason that I usually get on the subject of DV, is because someone else blames him for Herms shortcomings, and I defend DV.

I'll only say this...

Super Bowl victories as a coach

Dick Vermeil-- 1
Herm Edwards-- 0

Record as a coach (including postseason)

Dick Vermeil-- 126-114 (6-5 in the playoffs)
Herm Edwards--54-67 (2-4 in the playoffs)

Awards

Dick Vermeil
Awards2003 Maxwell Football Club NFL COY (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_Coach_of_the_Year_Award#Maxwell_Football_Club_ NFL_Coach_of_the_Year)
1999 AP Coach of the Year (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_Coach_of_the_Year_Award#AP_NFL_Coach_of_the_Ye ar)
1999 Sporting News COY (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_Coach_of_the_Year_Award#Sporting_News_NFL_Coac h_of_the_Year)
1999 Pro Football Weekly COY (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_Coach_of_the_Year_Award#Pro_Football_Weekly_NF L_Coach_of_the_Year)
1999 Maxwell Football Club NFL COY (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_Coach_of_the_Year_Award#Maxwell_Football_Club_ NFL_Coach_of_the_Year)
1979 Sporting News COY (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_Coach_of_the_Year_Award#Sporting_News_NFL_Coac h_of_the_Year)
1979 Pro Football Weekly COY (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_Coach_of_the_Year_Award#Pro_Football_Weekly_NF L_Coach_of_the_Year)
1978 UPI NFL COY (NFC) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_Coach_of_the_Year_Award#UPI_NFL_Coach_of_the_Y ear)

Herm Edwards

Awards (queue sound of crickets)

Arguments could be made about their respective skills as talent evaluators, drafting, etc....but NOT coaching!!!

Seek
10-10-2008, 08:58 AM
interesting thread.....

CIAO!!!!!!!!

Lets define a supporter.

Some supports are Bras. Some supports are jock straps. Which one are you because you gave Herm a very short leash and are already giving him a time table to fail? So you have your doubts.

Most NFL coaches inherit a team in shambles. Thus being why the opening was there. DV inherited a team in shambles and turned it around in two years.

What has Herm done in his last three years? He took an old play off team with a very short window and barely squeked into the playoffs. Then did nothing for a year except add inadequate Free agents to further the demise of this team. It is not DV's fault this team is in shambles three years later. That is just an excuse for his failure this far. Dv did not sign, Devard Darling, Donnie Edwards, Ron Edwards, James Reed, Ty Law, Nap Harris, MacIntosh, Adrian Jones, BJ Sams and a few kikers.

Darth CarlSatan
10-10-2008, 10:52 AM
Lets define a supporter.

Some supports are Bras. Some supports are jock straps. Which one are you because you gave Herm a very short leash and are already giving him a time table to fail? So you have your doubts.

Most NFL coaches inherit a team in shambles. Thus being why the opening was there. DV inherited a team in shambles and turned it around in two years.

What has Herm done in his last three years? He took an old play off team with a very short window and barely squeked into the playoffs. Then did nothing for a year except add inadequate Free agents to further the demise of this team. It is not DV's fault this team is in shambles three years later. That is just an excuse for his failure this far. Dv did not sign, Devard Darling, Donnie Edwards, Ron Edwards, James Reed, Ty Law, Nap Harris, MacIntosh, Adrian Jones, BJ Sams and a few kikers.

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

That was GREAT.

m0ef0e
10-10-2008, 12:18 PM
I was done with Herm when he subjected us to the torture of watching our concussed, over-the-hill QB suck it up in the playoffs against the Colts... again... While the guy that helped get you there all season rides the bench. Herm may be a decent talent evaluator or whatever but he has a problem with putting the players on the field that gives him the best chance to win. We had already seen that exact same QB scenario here so it was nothing new and should have never happened. Especially when we had almost no first downs the entire first half!

Herm's philosophy is also flawed. The style of football he likes to play will get you 10-6 seasons at best and almost assuredly, no championships. Just look at the league now: The truly elite teams are ones that can be aggressive, go for the jugular, and put games away offensively-- or at least have enough diversity in their calls that they can confuse a defense every once in a while in order to get a few clutch plays. The elite teams also have stifling defenses that stop the run and get after the passer. You need good coverage but it all starts up front. Herm puts too much on his secondary and doesn't expect enough from his front seven.

So, he can't put games away and can't put the right players on the field. Yeah, I would say bad coach. But like I said, I was already done with Herm after watching the playoff game his first year here.

Texas #1 Chiefs Fan
10-10-2008, 12:26 PM
I don't really see how anyone can even compare Herm to DV. in comparision Herm is still a Rookie to DV. I'm am upset more than most with this season to date. I don't think it's all Herm though. We still have plenty of talent even though we may be short on experience. What we don't have is a OL that can keep their assignments and actually block for the one guy everyone knows can put yards in the book and points on the board. Although when we can to that we don't have a secondary to actually tackle and wrap up. What the hell is up with arm tackling. These guys may be young but this is crazy. Either way I love the Chiefs and always will.
GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!

Canada
10-10-2008, 12:35 PM
I don't really see how anyone can even compare Herm to DV. in comparision Herm is still a Rookie to DV. I'm am upset more than most with this season to date. I don't think it's all Herm though. We still have plenty of talent even though we may be short on experience. What we don't have is a OL that can keep their assignments and actually block for the one guy everyone knows can put yards in the book and points on the board. Although when we can to that we don't have a secondary to actually tackle and wrap up. What the hell is up with arm tackling. These guys may be young but this is crazy. Either way I love the Chiefs and always will.
GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!

Really? Stick around a while and we will see. :bananen_smilies046:

tornadospotter
10-10-2008, 03:27 PM
Really? Stick around a while and we will see. :bananen_smilies046:
:beer:

Darth CarlSatan
10-10-2008, 03:29 PM
I was done with Herm when he subjected us to the torture of watching our concussed, over-the-hill QB suck it up in the playoffs against the Colts... again... While the guy that helped get you there all season rides the bench. Herm may be a decent talent evaluator or whatever but he has a problem with putting the players on the field that gives him the best chance to win. We had already seen that exact same QB scenario here so it was nothing new and should have never happened. Especially when we had almost no first downs the entire first half!

Herm's philosophy is also flawed. The style of football he likes to play will get you 10-6 seasons at best and almost assuredly, no championships. Just look at the league now: The truly elite teams are ones that can be aggressive, go for the jugular, and put games away offensively-- or at least have enough diversity in their calls that they can confuse a defense every once in a while in order to get a few clutch plays. The elite teams also have stifling defenses that stop the run and get after the passer. You need good coverage but it all starts up front. Herm puts too much on his secondary and doesn't expect enough from his front seven.

So, he can't put games away and can't put the right players on the field. Yeah, I would say bad coach. But like I said, I was already done with Herm after watching the playoff game his first year here.

Yep; Herm just doesn't have the Mojo.
My favorite thing was the "we're here because we played better than the other teams"-nonsense heading off to play Indy on the Wild Card.

Yeah.....I'm gonna' say that the perfect alignment of the planets in the Slim Chance Galaxy does NOT constitute getting the Chiefs to the play-offs.

Canada
10-10-2008, 04:03 PM
Yep; Herm just doesn't have the Mojo.
My favorite thing was the "we're here because we played better than the other teams"-nonsense heading off to play Indy on the Wild Card.

Yeah.....I'm gonna' say that the perfect alignment of the planets in the Slim Chance Galaxy does NOT constitute getting the Chiefs to the play-offs.

Don't give me that snuck into the playoffs crap. I hear more about that than I do about when we were 10-6 and missed the playoffs. No one complains about that but I hear a ton of crap when we actually do make the playoffs. You guys are just never happy.

tornadospotter
10-10-2008, 04:36 PM
Don't give me that snuck into the playoffs crap. I hear more about that than I do about when we were 10-6 and missed the playoffs. No one complains about that but I hear a ton of crap when we actually do make the playoffs. You guys are just never happy.
Yep! We want to get in to the playoffs, then win!!!!
:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :bananen_smilies046: :beer:

Darth CarlSatan
10-10-2008, 05:50 PM

Hey, I'm always happy to go to the playoffs, but let's not call a good shake of the Magic 8-Ball that returns a positive answer being a well-oiled Football Machine.

The proof was in the 2007 pudding.:11:

Three7s
10-10-2008, 06:28 PM
I complain about the 10-6 season in 05. We could've easily been 13-3 that season, and, on paper, it was our best team under Vermeil, even better than the 03 team. We just let a couple of teams beat us that shouldn't have. As well as some unluckiness.

nigeriannightmare
10-10-2008, 06:31 PM

That's because Bill Parcells built the Jets team that Herm eventually ran into the ground, keep thinking he's the savior.....

nigeriannightmare
10-10-2008, 06:36 PM

I went to Indy cheered and my a** off, our group of 5 got jumped on the way to White Castle and I mean most of us got beat up pretty bad. I have never heard so much talk about bob freaking sanders in all my life. Anyhoo Canada, when seven things have to happen over a two week period to get in. I think is pretty lucky. We did what we had to do to get in which is true but Denver losing to San Fran at home after having to beat the bengals the week before I call lucky.

Canada
10-10-2008, 06:40 PM
My point is that not one of you complains about the 10-6 when someone else "snuck" into our playoff spot. It's only ever brought up to demean the Chiefs. We SNUCK into the playoffs but when we lost (10-6)because someone else did the same thing....they earned their spot and it is CPs fault that we didn't get in.

If that week 17 was week 1...no one would ever say snuck in the playoffs. It just happed to be week 17 that it all happened so it got magnified.

Darth CarlSatan
10-10-2008, 06:45 PM
I went to Indy cheered and my a** off, our group of 5 got jumped on the way to White Castle and I mean most of us got beat up pretty bad. I have never heard so much talk about bob freaking sanders in all my life. Anyhoo Canada, when seven things have to happen over a two week period to get in. I think is pretty lucky. We did what we had to do to get in which is true but Denver losing to San Fran at home after having to beat the bengals the week before I call lucky.

How many were in your group? That's why I carry the Kentucky Raider Control-Stick.
The Kentucky Raider Control Stick; Don't Leave Home Without It.

nigeriannightmare
10-10-2008, 09:23 PM
How many were in your group? That's why I carry the Kentucky Raider Control-Stick.
The Kentucky Raider Control Stick; Don't Leave Home Without It.
I'm a retard, what's a Kentucky Raider Control-Stick. I don't really remember what happened I woke up in hand cuffs. My brother said that I landed maybe 2 goodblows and then got dropped like I was nothing. Mind you we had been drinkins since noon and the police report said it happened around 10. I dunno, I just know I had bruises for a couple of weeks. Indy fans suck a**, I may hate them as much as donkeys and gayders....

Darth CarlSatan
10-10-2008, 09:55 PM
I'm a retard, what's a Kentucky Raider Control-Stick. I don't really remember what happened I woke up in hand cuffs. My brother said that I landed maybe 2 goodblows and then got dropped like I was nothing. Mind you we had been drinkins since noon and the police report said it happened around 10. I dunno, I just know I had bruises for a couple of weeks. Indy fans suck a**, I may hate them as much as donkeys and gayders....

Louisville Slugger. Batter UP! :41:

nigeriannightmare
10-10-2008, 10:12 PM
Louisville Slugger. Batter UP! :41:

It's no light saber, but it'll work.

Darth CarlSatan
10-10-2008, 10:21 PM
It's no light saber, but it'll work.

I'd love to have a fully functional, yet non lethal lighstaber; watch how fast "disagreements" become "Yes Sir, Right Away Sir"!
:D

Canada
10-10-2008, 10:21 PM
I love Life Savers....especially butterscotch!!

Darth CarlSatan
10-10-2008, 10:26 PM
I love Life Savers....especially butterscotch!!

OOOHHHHHHHH!

Ska-doomp-BA!
:drums:

He'll be here ALL week ladies and gentlemen!

Canada
10-10-2008, 10:28 PM
OOOHHHHHHHH!

Ska-doomp-BA!
:drums:

He'll be here ALL week ladies and gentlemen!

Thank you...thank you...you are all too kind!! Don't forget to tip the waitress!!

tornadospotter
10-10-2008, 10:35 PM
Thank you...thank you...you are all too kind!! Don't forget to tip the waitress!!
And send beer to the Canadian and me.:beer:

hermhater
10-10-2008, 11:08 PM
Herm supporters?

:lol:

Darth CarlSatan
10-10-2008, 11:09 PM

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn182/lightbringerrr/DLROTH-1-1.jpg

hermhater
10-10-2008, 11:12 PM
Dave meant beer.

nigeriannightmare
10-10-2008, 11:16 PM

Well if we're giving things a way, I'll take a bottle of rumpleminze.

hermhater
10-10-2008, 11:17 PM
Well if we're giving things a way, I'll take a bottle of rumpleminze.

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/10/22.jpg

Cheers!

nigeriannightmare
10-10-2008, 11:19 PM
Hermhater, that was the best cyber gift I have ever received. I am forever in your debt. I'm doing a shot for the both of us.

hermhater
10-10-2008, 11:22 PM

nigeriannightmare
10-10-2008, 11:30 PM
Herm supporters?

There are a few. Shocking, and sad, but still true.

hermhater
10-10-2008, 11:36 PM
Don't tell me that texas is still rooting for that dbag???

spiman
10-10-2008, 11:56 PM
Kudos to all posts 4.5.6.7 posts- All Valid points!
The youth movement under Herm still needs a chance.
To those Dick V. lovers he was a pussie..Football is a game of smash mouth and take names. Both lines need to push forward..Youth/strength/brains win the games. Pawns in a chess game. For those who r thinking of next yrs draft/ Shame on the lots.. A game is played to win.
If you think {Herm} is tring to loose-You do not understand the male ego.. I have met the man in Monterey-Calif and he can kick ***..Not a loser waanna a B.. Yea this season is gonna suck..But KC does not have the $ like Dallas/SF/ etc Free agency could b where it is at..Fire Herm and $ wasted. :11:

garciakcfan
10-11-2008, 12:05 AM
ive written a response twice and both somehow got erased just check out the new sig it explains it all chief31... Did your little heart tingle everytime he cried????

tammietailgator
10-11-2008, 12:09 AM
Seriously? Nobody should be deleting posts!

:11:

Darth CarlSatan
10-11-2008, 12:10 AM
ive written a response twice and both somehow got erased just check out the new sig it explains it all chief31... Did your little heart tingle everytime he cried????

"Tingle"? No.

Changing of the channel at hyper-dimensional speed? Yes.

garciakcfan
10-11-2008, 12:11 AM
Seriously? Nobody should be deleting posts!

No, No thats not what happened... lol I was trying to post this pic of vermeil on my response and it deleted my post... Its my fault

tammietailgator
10-11-2008, 12:14 AM
No, No thats not what happened... lol I was trying to post this pic of vermeil on my response and it deleted my post... Its my fault

I was about to get mavericky for you!:lol:

(sorry - thats my word for the night)

Darth CarlSatan
10-11-2008, 12:21 AM
I was about to get mavericky for you!:lol:

(sorry - thats my word for the night)

Intelligence, Presentation, Improvisation, and Superior Negotiating/Ambassadorial Skills = My kind of "Mavericky". :D

jtandcrew
10-11-2008, 12:24 AM
mavericky = I just dont agree with anyone to me! :lol: :bananen_smilies046:

hermhater
10-11-2008, 12:37 AM
Kudos to all posts 4.5.6.7 posts- All Valid points!
The youth movement under Herm still needs a chance.
To those Dick V. lovers he was a pussie..Football is a game of smash mouth and take names. Both lines need to push forward..Youth/strength/brains win the games. Pawns in a chess game. For those who r thinking of next yrs draft/ Shame on the lots.. A game is played to win.
If you think {Herm} is tring to loose-You do not understand the male ego.. I have met the man in Monterey-Calif and he can kick ***..Not a loser waanna a B.. Yea this season is gonna suck..But KC does not have the $ like Dallas/SF/ etc Free agency could b where it is at..Fire Herm and $ wasted. :11:

Why do you still have that sig when the Chiefs are the only team that matters right now?

chief31
10-11-2008, 10:55 AM
My point is that not one of you complains about the 10-6 when someone else "snuck" into our playoff spot. It's only ever brought up to demean the Chiefs. We SNUCK into the playoffs but when we lost (10-6)because someone else did the same thing....they earned their spot and it is CPs fault that we didn't get in.

If that week 17 was week 1...no one would ever say snuck in the playoffs. It just happed to be week 17 that it all happened so it got magnified.

When you turn losers into winners, you can get away with alot of things.

But, when you turn winners into losers, "Get over it" just doesn't work.

I prefer a winner, that cries, over a loser that might be the hardest of hard-a**es.

Canada
10-11-2008, 11:51 AM
When you turn losers into winners, you can get away with alot of things.

Yeah, things like "We snuck into the playoffs"

But, when you turn winners into losers, "Get over it" just doesn't work.

Like when you go 10-6 and don't make the playoffs.

I prefer a winner, that cries, over a loser that might be the hardest of hard-a**es.

My point is I hear that we snuck into the playoffs 10 times more than I ever hear anyone complain about missing the playoffs with a 10-6 record. If that ain't focusing on the negative then I don't know what is. We do well, it was just lucky and if we get unlucky no one ever remembers what happened.

chief31
10-11-2008, 12:36 PM
My point is I hear that we snuck into the playoffs 10 times more than I ever hear anyone complain about missing the playoffs with a 10-6 record. If that ain't focusing on the negative then I don't know what is. We do well, it was just lucky and if we get unlucky no one ever remembers what happened.

Change of subject for me, but I usually push both sides in my Herm-DV discussions.

The argument that Herm took this team to the playoffs in his first season gets brought up alot. And I agree that all of the other teams backed-out of the playoffs. (Not that we backed-in.)

Meanwhile, DV gets blamed for missing the playoffs, at 10-6 the previous season, when all of the other teams won.

I see it as "smartest kid on the short bus", or "big-fish, small-pond".

When the conference was extremely competetive, and 10-6 wasn't enough, we got the short end of the stick. (With DV)

While, when the conference was not nearly as tough in '06, Herms Chiefs made it, despite having not done as well during the season.

And that is not to say that the AFC was weak in '06. Just alot weaker than it was in '05.

I think the reason that you see the "didn't earn it in '06" attitude alot more is because everyone pretty-much agrees that the '05 team should have been in. Therefore, that aspect doesn't fit in many debates. It's already kind of agreed upon. And because the Herm-side of these debates likes to point-out that Herm "succeeded" where DV had "failed".

hermhater
10-11-2008, 06:31 PM
I'd like to step in and remind everyone how much Herm sucks, and what a moron he is.

Darth CarlSatan
10-11-2008, 06:35 PM
In the Big Picture; neither of them do a damn thing for me.

Vermeil = Draft For Today. (Insert Raspberry Here)

Herm = Draft For The Future, Coach like the 70's. (Insert Flushing Sound Here).

More on Herm later; I gots'ta go take care O' bidness.

P.S. THANK YOU LONGHORNS!!!!

:toast2::bananen_smilies046::lol: :bananen_smilies046:

hermhater
10-11-2008, 06:43 PM
Go Tigers!!!

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/10/24.jpg

tammietailgator
10-11-2008, 06:56 PM
ROCK CHALK!!!!

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/10/25.jpg

nigeriannightmare
10-11-2008, 06:58 PM
ROCK CHALK!!!!

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/10/25.jpg

Not this year, not in football anyway. You play oklahoma, texas, and ttech, not to mention Mizzou. Maybe next year tho.

tammietailgator
10-11-2008, 07:01 PM
Not this year, not in football anyway. You play oklahoma, texas, and ttech, not to mention Mizzou. Maybe next year tho.

I am going to peck you on the head with my beak!!!

tammietailgator
10-11-2008, 07:02 PM

And then I am going to let mangino eat you!!!:11:

hermhater
10-11-2008, 07:05 PM
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/

I would be very afraid nn!

Bike
10-11-2008, 08:57 PM
Herm supporters?

HermHater, why am I getting the impression you don't like Herm? Gimme some beer>>:bananen_smilies046:

hermhater
10-11-2008, 09:03 PM
HermHater, why am I getting the impression you don't like Herm? Gimme some beer>>:bananen_smilies046:

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/ http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/ http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/ http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/ http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/ http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/ http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/ http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/ http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/

tammietailgator
10-11-2008, 09:04 PM
Hi bike... I have been wondering why you picked the name Bike.... Do you ride a bike? If so is it motorized or pedal?

hermhater
10-11-2008, 09:06 PM
Also Bike you should put all your Arrowcash on us reaching 100,000 posts by the 14th, if you want some easy money.

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/ http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/ http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/ http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/ http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/ http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/ http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/

Bike
10-11-2008, 09:11 PM
Hi bike... I have been wondering why you picked the name Bike.... Do you ride a bike? If so is it motorized or pedal?
Well, not exactly. I had just bought my daughter a new bicycle the morning I stumbled onto ChiefsCrowd. While I was trying to come up with a nickname, she came up to me and asked me why I still haven't adjusted the seat on her new bike. So I opened the fridge, grabbed a cold one, and the rest is history!!:bananen_smilies046: :bananen_smilies046:
Thanks for asking, though!!

tammietailgator
10-11-2008, 09:13 PM
Well, not exactly. I had just bought my daughter a new bicycle the morning I stumbled onto ChiefsCrowd. While I was trying to come up with a nickname, she came up to me and asked me why I still haven't adjusted the seat on her new bike. So I opened the fridge, grabbed a cold one, and the rest is history!!:bananen_smilies046: :bananen_smilies046:

:lol: I hope you got back to adjusting her bike seat!

Bike
10-11-2008, 09:14 PM
Also Bike you should put all your Arrowcash on us reaching 100,000 posts by the 14th, if you want some easy money.

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/ http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/ http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/ http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/ http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/ http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/ http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/
Done!!:bananen_smilies046:

hermhater
10-11-2008, 09:16 PM
Who ever heard of a banana drinking a beer?

Coach needs to change that smilie out.

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/

Bike
10-11-2008, 09:16 PM
:lol: I hope you got back to adjusting her bike seat!
Yeah, but she's 15 now and now asking about a car!
Damn it, man!!!:lol:

hermhater
10-11-2008, 09:17 PM
My son will be 16 next month.

He is getting my old jalopy, because we all know they will wreck their first car...

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/

Bike
10-11-2008, 09:19 PM
Who ever heard of a banana drinking a beer?

Coach needs to change that smilie out.

I thought that was a yellow squash. Does squash drink beer????

hermhater
10-11-2008, 09:20 PM
Well that would make more sense, cuz everyone knows that squash drinks beer!

tammietailgator
10-11-2008, 09:21 PM

He is getting my old jalopy, because we all know they will wreck their first car...

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/

Your a good dad! I had to share my first car because I am a twin! :(

Bike
10-11-2008, 09:25 PM

Yep. My first daughter wrecked her 1st car....twice.
I made sure the next car I bought her was already wrecked...

hermhater
10-11-2008, 09:25 PM
My first car had two different colored doors, and was a POS.

It cost $250 and lasted about 6 months.

It was a Fiat

Bike
10-11-2008, 09:26 PM
Well that would make more sense, cuz everyone knows that squash drinks beer!

Precisely what I was thinking!!!!!

hermhater
10-11-2008, 09:28 PM
Hey coach when are you going to change out that banana smilie?

Make me an Admin for an hour and I will do it for you!

Bike
10-11-2008, 09:30 PM
My first car had two different colored doors, and was a POS.

It cost $250 and lasted about 6 months.

It was a Fiat
HaHa! My first car was a 72 Duster. It didn't run for
sh!t, but the stereo kicked a$$ cruisin' down Blue Ridge! Oh, yeah, Chiefs!!!!

tammietailgator
10-11-2008, 09:37 PM
Mine was a datsun 810! terrible car with no shocks!

Canada
10-11-2008, 09:38 PM
i walked

hermhater
10-11-2008, 09:40 PM
That's because you were always http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/

Bike
10-11-2008, 09:42 PM
Mine was a datsun 810! terrible car with no shocks!
Shocks schmocks!! As long as I had a 300 watt amp with Uriah Heep crammed in my 8-track, I was in hog heaven!!! Herm blows.

Canada
10-11-2008, 09:44 PM
That's because you were always http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/

thats what my mom said!!

hermhater
10-11-2008, 09:45 PM
Shocks schmocks!! As long as I had a 300 watt amp with Uriah Heep crammed in my 8-track, I was in hog heaven!!! Herm blows.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot what this thread was about!

Herm is a friggin' moron!

Canada
10-11-2008, 09:46 PM
Hey, no need to insult morons!! :)

hermhater
10-11-2008, 09:48 PM
Every need in the world to insult a moron who is killing our team!

Canada
10-11-2008, 09:49 PM
Musta gone over your head...I forgot you are only 4'3"!!

Bike
10-11-2008, 09:52 PM
Hey, no need to insult morons!! :)
Ok. Herm is one awesome moron!!:drunkhb:

Canada
10-11-2008, 09:53 PM
Oh yeah, I almost forgot what this thread was about!

Herm is a friggin' moron!

Hey, no need to insult morons!!

the joke is that a moron is a level up from a Herm. ....nevermind

hermhater
10-11-2008, 09:54 PM
Not if I use beer cans for stilts!

Bike
Musta gone over your head...I forgot you are only 4'3"!!
4'3"?? You must play handball against a curb...

hermhater
Oh, now I get it!

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/

Canada
Not if I use beer cans for stilts!

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/

Yeah but you will be all lopsided cause you can't handle more than 3!! :lol: :lol:

hermhater
10-11-2008, 09:55 PM

It's the perfect height for punching big drunk Canadians in the nuts!

Canada
10-11-2008, 09:55 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Canada
10-11-2008, 09:56 PM
It's the perfect height for punching big drunk Canadians in the nuts!

Hows your head feeling wee man?

Bike
10-11-2008, 10:00 PM
:toast2:
Yeah but you will be all lopsided cause you can't handle more than 3!! :lol:
Thats would be cool to watch!!:toast2:

hermhater
10-11-2008, 10:00 PM
Actually it feels like cr@p.

I am coming down with the flu, and only have 2 beers in me.

It's gonna take a lot more than that to kill this bug!

hermhater
10-11-2008, 10:01 PM
:toast2:
Thats would be cool to watch!!:toast2:

Especially while drunk!

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/

Canada
10-11-2008, 10:02 PM

do you remember the head butt yet?

Bike
10-11-2008, 10:04 PM

Might I suggest, uh, a cold 20-pack...

Canada
10-11-2008, 10:05 PM

A cold 4 pack is more his speed!!

hermhater
10-11-2008, 10:09 PM
do you remember the head butt yet?

Who did I head butt???

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/ http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/ http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/ http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/ http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/ http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/ http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/ http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/ http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/ http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/

hermhater
10-11-2008, 10:09 PM

I'm sick, so I'm only drinking 16 tonite!

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/ http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/ http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/ http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/ http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/ http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/ http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/ http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/ http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/ http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/

Canada
10-11-2008, 10:11 PM
Who did I head butt???

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/ http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/ http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/ http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/ http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/ http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/ http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/ http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/ http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/

Nobody, but you did get knocked out for a little while!! :lol:

tammietailgator
10-11-2008, 10:12 PM
I suggest a hot totty!

hermhater
10-11-2008, 10:15 PM
Nobody, but you did get knocked out for a little while!! :lol:

Are you serious???

I don't remember that.

Was it when I was slamming you on the card table?

Canada
10-11-2008, 10:15 PM
I suggest a hot totty!

..or I could come baKC and knoKC you out again!!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

hermhater
10-11-2008, 10:16 PM
I suggest a hot totty!

I don't have any whiskey (thank God), but our neighbor makes his own wine (about as strong as moonshine) and I had some of that before I started on the beer!

hermhater
10-11-2008, 10:21 PM
..or I could come baKC and knoKC you out again!!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Why did you knock me out again???

Canada
10-11-2008, 10:22 PM
Why did you knock me out again???

Something funny to do!! :D

Canada
10-11-2008, 10:22 PM
Are you serious???

I don't remember that.

Was it when I was climbing up on the card table and fell off?

No, that was the second time!

Bike
10-11-2008, 10:24 PM
I suggest a hot totty!
Who is Totty?

hermhater
10-11-2008, 10:26 PM
Good question, where's she at tammie?

tammietailgator
10-11-2008, 10:35 PM
I have no idea who totty is, but I wanna hear how you were knocked out!:yahoo:

hermhater
10-11-2008, 10:36 PM
Canada says I was head butted, but he's too scared to tell me who did it...

Canada
10-11-2008, 10:37 PM
I have no idea who totty is, but I wanna hear how you were knocked out!:yahoo:

there was also a time when he took a swing at me and Dan and completely missed and ended up face down in the parking lot!! :lol:

Canada
10-11-2008, 10:37 PM
Canada says I was head butted, but he's too scared to tell me who did it...

I DID IT AND I WILL DO IT AGAIN!!!!!

hermhater
10-11-2008, 10:39 PM
there was also a time when he took a swing at me and Dan and completely missed and ended up face down in the parking lot!! :lol:

Good times...

:sign0098:

hermhater
10-11-2008, 10:39 PM
I DID IT AND I WILL DO IT AGAIN!!!!!

I'd rather you didn't...

tammietailgator
10-11-2008, 10:56 PM
Your both cool! or you wouldnt have anything to talk about now!:lol:

hermhater
10-11-2008, 11:11 PM
Did you hear that Dave?

She called us cool!

Canada
10-11-2008, 11:13 PM
My mom thinks I'm cool

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/10/32.jpg

Bike
10-11-2008, 11:15 PM
My mom thinks I'm cool

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/10/32.jpg
My wife thinks I'm a pig.

Canada
10-11-2008, 11:16 PM

don't worry, my wife thinks you are a pig too!! :D

hermhater
10-11-2008, 11:17 PM
Have I posted this here yet?

Canada
10-11-2008, 11:18 PM

you have now!

Bike
10-11-2008, 11:18 PM
don't worry, my wife thinks you are a pig too!! :D
You told!!:bananen_smilies046:

Bike
10-11-2008, 11:19 PM

Nope

hermhater
10-11-2008, 11:20 PM
We shouldn't be giving TG away for so little.

Can I blame Herm for this, or is it all on Carl?

Bike
10-11-2008, 11:23 PM
We shouldn't be giving TG away for so little.

Can I blame Herm for this, or is it all on Carl?
Probably Tony. He told Carl he wanted to get away from his dumba$$ for any pick he could get.

hermhater
10-11-2008, 11:25 PM
Let's watch TG some more before he's gone.

Canada
10-11-2008, 11:26 PM
You told!!:bananen_smilies046:

No, she just assumes anyone who would talk to me or hang out with me must be a pig too! :D

hardcorechiefsfan
10-11-2008, 11:27 PM

Next time, put the toilet seat down.
If women where meant to sit on water we would of been born with webbed feet!!

Bike
10-11-2008, 11:32 PM
I always leave it down! I guess I should lift it up before I go...Thanks, Tammy!!:yahoo:

hermhater
10-11-2008, 11:33 PM
I always leave it down! I guess I should lift it up before I go...Thanks, Tammy!!:yahoo:

Now that's just funny!

Canada
10-11-2008, 11:34 PM

That is a load of crap. The toilet seat should ALWAYS remain up. When you gotta go...gravity can put the seat down. When I have to go I have to work against gravity. Less work for women...you do it!!

Bike
10-11-2008, 11:40 PM
That is a load of crap. The toilet seat should ALWAYS remain up. When you gotta go...gravity can put the seat down. When I have to go I have to work against gravity. Less work for women...you do it!!
My toilet IS a load of crap...I usually have to double flush. Herm blows.

Canada
10-11-2008, 11:44 PM
My toilet IS a load of crap...I usually have to double flush.

I flush halfway through!!

hermhater
10-11-2008, 11:45 PM
And Herm sucks.

Bike
10-11-2008, 11:46 PM
Dude! I never thought of that!! Excellent advice and here's a beer..:bananen_smilies046:

tammietailgator
10-11-2008, 11:47 PM

:sign0153: I didnt post that... there are things I have learned to live with... with 3 brothers..... that is one of those things

BTW its IE not Y - its right there in my sig and name! :)

Canada
10-11-2008, 11:48 PM
Dude! I never thought of that!! Excellent advice and here's a beer..:bananen_smilies046:

cheers :bananen_smilies046: ...and it reduces the smell.

FYI Cold beer in a hot shower feels even colder!!

Bike
10-11-2008, 11:49 PM
Have you ever blown a hole completely through your shorts? I got 1 pair that is nothing left but threads..:beer:

Canada
10-11-2008, 11:50 PM
Have you ever blown a hole completely through your shorts? I got 1 pair that is nothing left but threads..:beer:

I don't wear underwear!

Bike
10-11-2008, 11:51 PM
I don't wear underwear!
Do you do your own laundry??

Bike
10-11-2008, 11:53 PM
cheers :bananen_smilies046: ...and it reduces the smell.

FYI Cold beer in a hot shower feels even colder!!
Hold on. I gotta write all this down...

Canada
10-11-2008, 11:55 PM
Do you do your own laundry??

Nope, I leave a sock in the laundry tub so that it overflows and then my wife just says it is easier if she does it!! :D

Bike
10-11-2008, 11:57 PM
Nope, I leave a sock in the laundry tub so that it overflows and then my wife just says it is easier if she does it!! :D
Awesome! I have learned more tonight than college and high school together! Thanks, Canada!!!:sign0098:

Canada
10-11-2008, 11:58 PM
Awesome! I have learned more tonight than college and high school together! Thanks, Canada!!!:sign0098:

Its the least I can do!! Maybe I will start a thread offering up little tidbits of info to make everyones life easier!!

Bike
10-11-2008, 11:59 PM
:sign0153: I didnt post that... there are things I have learned to live with... with 3 brothers..... that is one of those things

BTW its IE not Y - its right there in my sig and name! :)
Sorry tammie. And I want to apoligize for Canadas' crude behavior...

Canada
10-12-2008, 12:00 AM
Sorry tammie. And I want to apoligize for Canadas' crude behavior...

You will do no such thing!!

Bike
10-12-2008, 12:02 AM
Its the least I can do!! Maybe I will start a thread offering up little tidbits of info to make everyones life easier!!
You bet! I'm planning on passing on all this info to my sister-in-law when she comes over for the Titans game!
Again, Thanks.:bananen_smilies046:

tammietailgator
10-12-2008, 12:45 AM
:lol::lol::lol: good info! Thanks!

hardcorechiefsfan
10-12-2008, 12:45 AM
Who is playing this weekend?

Darth CarlSatan
10-12-2008, 12:55 AM
Go Tigers!!!

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/10/24.jpg

First; I love you. You Rule!
Second, the love affair for the Heisman has to take a BACK SEAT.
All of the accolades don't mean **** if you're unwilling to play TOTAL FOOTBALL.
Tonight was a Glamour Game; Pinkel bet on Glamour and lost Big Time. That was an easily winnable game, if played like a team. They didn't play like a team.

And WHAT THE **** was that **** with Daniel wearing another Number?
This hurts my Soul to even Go There, but it Rolls Like This; "Keep your feet on the ground, and keep reaching for the Stars"!

Boyz better learn how to be a TEAM.
The rest will take care of itself.

Word.

Darth CarlSatan
10-12-2008, 01:03 AM

Get your *** a Banana Seat; and Roll Like A Pimp!!!:funnypost:

hardcorechiefsfan
10-12-2008, 01:21 AM
Originally Posted by Bike http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/redbar/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?p=100668#post100668)

Shame on you for putting beer before your sweet innocent daughter, flesh of your flesh.

Bike
10-12-2008, 01:23 AM
[/i]

Shame on you for putting beer before your sweet innocent daughter, flesh of your flesh.

I never put beer before my daughter. She's much too young to drink...:toast2:

hardcorechiefsfan
10-12-2008, 01:36 AM
I never put beer before my daughter. She's much too young to drink...:toast2:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chiefster
10-12-2008, 02:19 AM
This is a strange little thread.

Canada
10-12-2008, 08:23 AM
[/i]

So you are saying I should buy a car for my daughter before I buy myself a case of beer? :funnypost::iamwithstupid: now:beer:

hardcorechiefsfan
10-12-2008, 09:00 AM
This is a strange little thread.

:D I agree. The very title invites spam because I doubt that there are any Herm supporters here.

jtandcrew
10-13-2008, 10:38 AM
So you are saying I should buy a car for my daughter before I buy myself a case of beer? :funnypost::iamwithstupid: now:beer:

NO! Hes saying drink more beer since the thread is? Everyone hates Herm! HERM SUCKS! Im so p!$$ed right now I cant even see straight! Wait, maybe thats the beer? Who cares! HERM STILL SUCKS! CARL STILL SUCKS! and....CLARK IS LEARNING! :lol: :mob: :bananen_smilies046: :toast2:

nigeriannightmare
10-13-2008, 01:36 PM
:D I agree. The very title invites spam because I doubt that there are any Herm supporters here.

Texas Chief's a herm supporter.

Three7s
10-13-2008, 03:33 PM
Texas Chief's a herm supporter.
I think Garcia is a Herm supporter, too.

Canada
10-13-2008, 08:37 PM
I am a Herm Supporter...as long as he is our HC. I may not agree with him all the time, but I will support him since he is leading the Chiefs.

nigeriannightmare
10-13-2008, 10:17 PM
I am a Herm Supporter...as long as he is our HC. I may not agree with him all the time, but I will support him since he is leading the Chiefs.

I understand you are the resident optimist, but are you a buddhist or something cuz this whole zen thing is hard for me to grab. I don't think I could ever look at Herm like that.

balto
10-13-2008, 10:36 PM
YouTube - We can't even make a frickin' first down

This is perfect for this thread

Darth CarlSatan
10-13-2008, 10:48 PM
This is perfect for this thread

That was Fantastic!
:lol::lol::lol:

Canada
10-13-2008, 11:00 PM
I understand you are the resident optimist, but are you a buddhist or something cuz this whole zen thing is hard for me to grab. I don't think I could ever look at Herm like that.

Patience my friend. Good things come to those who wait!! :bananen_smilies046:

hardcorechiefsfan
10-13-2008, 11:27 PM

:) Wow Canada, I like how you think. It doesn't do us any good to stress out over Hermie and this whole sucky youth movement.

Darth CarlSatan
10-14-2008, 12:01 AM
:) Wow Canada, I like how you think. It doesn't do us any good to stress out over Hermie and this whole sucky youth movement.

Come on now; the youth movement is the correct and long-overdue part.
The leadership running it? Not so much.

Bike
10-14-2008, 12:18 AM
I hear ya. Kinda like starting a new company, hiring the workers, then bringing in the management to manage them. A$$-backwards IMO, but worse, as we still aint got capable management.
Bring in all the youth and talent you want. Without capable coaching and management to lead them, what difference does it make. Fire Peterson. Please.

hardcorechiefsfan
10-14-2008, 12:23 AM

The sucky part of the youth movement is that it will take 1 or 2 decades to get them to the point where they have the desire to WIN.

Darth CarlSatan
10-14-2008, 12:41 AM
I hear ya. Kinda like starting a new company, hiring the workers, then bringing in the management to manage them. A$$-backwards IMO, but worse, as we still aint got capable management.
Bring in all the youth and talent you want. Without capable coaching and management to lead them, what difference does it make. Fire Peterson. Please.

PEOPLE, PEOPLE, PEOPLE!!!!

I know the situation is less than ideal, but you have to find the positives!
I don't want Carl and Herm around next year either. But if they and Cook can engineer another great draft, it'll be worth it. We'll have to suffer through another brutal season, but Carl and Herm's contracts WILL expire at the end of it!

Everybody knew this was a minimum 2-year grind going in. So do the Right Thing; support the players and hate the staff. Let the kids know we're glad they're here, that we understand the situation, and that the situation will improve with the Changing of the Guard.

Darth CarlSatan has spoken; now EXECUTE BEFORE I THROW YOU OUT THE AIRLOCK!!!!

Bike
10-14-2008, 12:46 AM
Peterson needs to go now.

hardcorechiefsfan
10-14-2008, 12:54 AM

I don't want Carl and Herm around next year either. But if they and Cook can engineer another great draft, it'll be worth it. We'll have to suffer through another brutal season, but Carl and Herm's contracts WILL expire at the end of it!

Everybody knew this was a minimum 2-year grind going in. So do the Right Thing; support the players and hate the staff. Let the kids know we're glad they're here, that we understand the situation, and that the situation will improve with the Changing of the Guard.

This last draft the chiefs gave away a 1st round draft!!! All so they could get a certain draft. That is crazy!!

The main problem is that the chiefs have no motivation to win and they have a rotten role model in LJ. If Tony gets traded, what good role model would they have?

Darth CarlSatan
10-14-2008, 01:19 AM
This last draft the chiefs gave away a 1st round draft!!! All so they could get a certain draft. That is crazy!!

The main problem is that the chiefs have no motivation to win and they have a rotten role model in LJ. If Tony gets traded, what good role model would they have?

There was NO WAY IN HELL Jake Long was coming to KC; that's what that move was all about.
The biggest mistake they made was to bypass Matt Ryan because they were( and still are )riding the Brodie Train.
And even if they HAD picked Ryan, he'd be parked on the bench JUST LIKE BRODIE, because WE HAVE NO LINE.
We have Albert and Taylor; that's where it begins and ENDS.
The smart move is to draft a real QB, two more linemen, free-agent TWO MORE linemen, and either draft or free-agent a solid Linebacker.
Williams, Pollard, and some new blood will get it done.
Ditch Pat Thomas, and make Derrick Johnson elevate his game by putting him toe to toe with a new Linebacker whose level is above HIS. I believe DJ will rise in that kind of a situation.
And NO MORE TALK about drafting more Wide-Outs! With a REAL QB and a REAL LINE to protect him, the ones we have right now will do JUST FINE.

hardcorechiefsfan
10-14-2008, 01:38 AM
And NO MORE TALK about drafting more Wide-Outs! With a REAL QB and a REAL LINE to protect him, the ones we have right now will do JUST FINE.

Yup, it always comes down to a real QB. Maybe Thiggie will bloom or something.

Darth CarlSatan
10-14-2008, 02:16 AM
Yup, it always comes down to a real QB. Maybe Thiggie will bloom or something.

Nope; not Thigpen.

Bike
10-14-2008, 11:40 AM

OK. Whats with all this Star Wars sh!t. What are you, 6 years old?:character00270:

m0ef0e
10-14-2008, 11:44 AM
OK. Whats with all this Star Wars sh!t. What are you, 6 years old?:character00270:

Star Wars roolz! :beer::toast2:

Darth CarlSatan
10-14-2008, 11:45 AM

Yes. Yes I am.

Bike
10-14-2008, 11:47 AM
Yes. Yes I am.
That explains it. Now get your a$$ off the computer and get to school..

Darth CarlSatan
10-14-2008, 11:49 AM
That explains it. Now get your a$$ off the computer and get to school..

Who p***ed in your Ovaltine this morning, Ralphie?

Bike
10-14-2008, 12:01 PM
Who p***ed in your Ovaltine this morning, Ralphie?
I don't drink Ovaltine. I just think that grown men that emulate Star Wars or Star Trek characters are, well, stupid.

m0ef0e
10-14-2008, 12:55 PM
I don't drink Ovaltine. I just think that grown men that emulate Star Wars or Star Trek characters are, well, stupid.

Poopy head, you are. Told me, Yoda did.

Darth CarlSatan
10-14-2008, 01:29 PM
Poopy head, you are. Told me, Yoda did.

He's just mad because he couldn't figure out how to put that bicycle together after all, and now he's stuck with board name that reminds him of his failure.

Yep; His Failure Is Now Complete! :D:D:D

Bike
10-14-2008, 02:49 PM
C'mon. You guys can trash me better than that!!!

Darth CarlSatan
10-14-2008, 03:09 PM
C'mon. You guys can trash me better than that!!!

Being a Superior Player-Hater got in me in trouble at my last forum; I don't want a repeat.

So until Coach says "Release The Hounds!", I'm keeping it civil.

Bike
10-14-2008, 03:25 PM
Being a Superior Player-Hater got in me in trouble at my last forum; I don't want a repeat.

So until Coach says "Release The Hounds!", I'm keeping it civil.
Oh no!!! No lightsabers??? :sign0153: I'm bummed.