PDA

View Full Version : Brodie to start against Titans

texaschief
10-07-2008, 03:21 PM
Thank God.

Hope he can stay healthy.

Sn@keIze
10-07-2008, 03:44 PM
At this point, its like, who cares who starts. All these guys suck.

Brodie has yet to win game. Going up against the undefeated and #1 defense isnt going to help.

Oh well, you never know. Donks were undefeated too(Not really due to Ed Hocculi).

Dyno-Mite
10-07-2008, 03:50 PM
Bro,I want BRodie CRoyle to get right with us and stop getting injured.The Rainbow City Slugger still offers that beaming sunshine to our KC family.Brodie,please get right with us this time because Damon has been having your back for a long time now.:fighting0041:

texaschief
10-07-2008, 04:08 PM
Bro,I want BRodie CRoyle to get right with us and stop getting injured.The Rainbow City Slugger still offers that beaming sunshine to our KC family.Brodie,please get right with us this time because Damon has been having your back for a long time now.:fighting0041:

Damon's been doing what? I think you mean, "Get right with us because otherwise we're stuck with Damon backing you up."

IlovetheChiefs
10-07-2008, 04:42 PM
Would have been interesting to see who'd be playing on the 19th had Damon and the Chiefs played well in Carolina. But now it's a mute point.

Problem for our next game is the Titans have an awful tough defense. So if Croyle has bad numbers, it'll be hard to gauge how much was his fault and how much was simply playing against a great d.

m0ef0e
10-07-2008, 04:46 PM
The Titans have a great defense this year. What a game for Brodie to come back to...

IlovetheChiefs
10-07-2008, 04:48 PM
The Titans have a great defense this year. What a game for Brodie to come back to...

As they say, great minds.... ;)

wolfpack
10-07-2008, 05:38 PM
against the titians,he`ll might last till half. the sad thing is wanting our starting qb back who has lost all the games he has started.

texaschief
10-07-2008, 05:46 PM
against the titians,he`ll might last till half. the sad thing is wanting our starting qb back who has lost all the games he has started.

so, it IS all about the QB. how bout that. this whole time i was thinking it was a team game. it's good to know all this team needs or needed last season was a QB.

DrunkHillbilly
10-07-2008, 05:57 PM
Rest assured that he won't be starting the week after Tennessee. Healthy or not!!! It's like a game to Herm now. Who can I start this week???????

nigeriannightmare
10-07-2008, 06:49 PM
so, it IS all about the QB. how bout that. this whole time i was thinking it was a team game. it's good to know all this team needs or needed last season was a QB.

according to you we would have won 3 of our first 4 games if not all four if Croyle was under center. And why can't you ever answer the question as to what has herm done to keep getting passes, you blame carl, dick v, the offensive coordinator last year, everyone but herm. He's been in the league 8 years, what has he done as a coach to prove he can win in the nfl, we've got talent, where's the coaching....

Reddog33
10-07-2008, 07:45 PM
Herm needs to go.Has not proven anything he couldnt coach high school!!Dump 3qb's call minn ask four jackson # he will fitt in our offince!Stop waiting!!!!!!!!!

chief31
10-08-2008, 03:19 AM
Herm needs to go.Has not proven anything he couldnt coach high school!!Dump 3qb's call minn ask four jackson # he will fitt in our offince!Stop waiting!!!!!!!!!

Sure. Let's go make a block-buster miracle trade for Drew Brees and Peyton Manning too, so we can start complaining about how fragile those guys became once they got their great Chiefs contracts.

I don't care if it's Croyle, Huard, Thigpen, Jackson, Manning, Brees, or whoever you want to put in at QB... It's just another problem for the medical staff to tend to.

No QB fits in our offense, unless Sir Lancelot is going to be allowed to wear his suit of armor.

rbedgood
10-08-2008, 03:53 AM
No QB fits in our offense, unless Sir Lancelot is going to be allowed to wear his suit of armor.

...and then the complaints would be about his immobility and lack of arm strength. :D

chief31
10-08-2008, 04:24 AM
...and then the complaints would be about his immobility and lack of arm strength. :D
Funyy!!! But true, sadly.

DMN
10-08-2008, 07:39 AM

Of course it is a team game. But there is a reason that QB is the most criticized position on the team... maybe cause it is the most important!?!?! Our defense led the league in takeaways going into last sunday and plays pretty well overall when they arent on the field 45 minutes a game. offensively when we mix up play calling the running game can start to see success. Last time I checked we have a few payers that can catch the ball. But the common denominator is poor inconsistent play from the QB position. Even behind our line if you dont think that an experienced good QB would greatly improve our chances of winning than you are crazy. And if the QB position isnt the main need of this offense that has produced near last in the league results than please tell me what is.

jtandcrew
10-08-2008, 09:47 AM
Here we ago again! Another QB switch. Can we just pick 1 and go with him? With the Titans D he will be lucky to get out of this without getting injured again!

chief31
10-08-2008, 09:49 AM
Of course it is a team game. But there is a reason that QB is the most criticized position on the team... maybe cause it is the most important!?!?! Our defense led the league in takeaways going into last sunday and plays pretty well overall when they arent on the field 45 minutes a game. offensively when we mix up play calling the running game can start to see success. Last time I checked we have a few payers that can catch the ball. But the common denominator is poor inconsistent play from the QB position. Even behind our line if you dont think that an experienced good QB would greatly improve our chances of winning than you are crazy. And if the QB position isnt the main need of this offense that has produced near last in the league results than please tell me what is.

I am tired of telling you. Someone else can do it now.

And I think that Huard showed us that he is actually a good QB with a certain degree of protection. And, while he does improve our chances of winning, he still sucks behind our o-line.

Other than he fact that Favre could bring a sense of obligation to protect, your run-of-the-mill veteran QB wouldn't be worth a s**t her right now.

If I am 'crazy' because i saw Favre, Marino, Moon and other historically great QBs have ugly seasons with bad o-lines, then I am definitely crazy.

m0ef0e
10-08-2008, 11:34 AM
A 'running QB' would be the best fit right now. Just to add another element to the offense-- and he can run away from all the guys pouring through the right side of the line. However, that's not what you want to build around for the future.

KottkeKU
10-08-2008, 12:27 PM
I feel bad for Croyle...hes not going to finish this game either....and there really isnt that great of qb's in next years draft...

REY MAUALUGA PLEASE!!!

tornadospotter
10-08-2008, 12:34 PM
A 'running QB' would be the best fit right now. Just to add another element to the offense-- and he can run away from all the guys pouring through the right side of the line. However, that's not what you want to build around for the future.

With the play of the O-line has shown us, we need to play a QB that can run! Hopefully we will see some changes in the bye week, move the qb out of the pocket. Something other than drop back get hit every time. Run a more spread offense, make a change!

DMN
10-08-2008, 04:33 PM
I am tired of telling you. Someone else can do it now.

And I think that Huard showed us that he is actually a good QB with a certain degree of protection. And, while he does improve our chances of winning, he still sucks behind our o-line.

Other than he fact that Favre could bring a sense of obligation to protect, your run-of-the-mill veteran QB wouldn't be worth a s**t her right now.

If I am 'crazy' because i saw Favre, Marino, Moon and other historically great QBs have ugly seasons with bad o-lines, then I am definitely crazy.

Ugly seasons like 7-9 or ugly seasons like 4-12 and on pace to be even worse this year.... never were those teams under those QBs considered a pushover team like we are. They were the caliber of QB that could turn a game around and comeback to win. We go down by even a score and we are done. You put a decent QB on our team and IT WOULD IMPROVE OUR CHANCES TO WIN. Even on morale boost alone.

Bike
10-08-2008, 10:10 PM
Titans D allowing league leading 11 pts/game.
I'll be pleasantly surprised if Croyle can walk off the field in a consious state at halftime.
I hate to say it, but this game has the makings of an implosion to the likes we've never seen at Arrowhead.
Maybe thats what we need to get Clark off his a$$ and do the right thing. We all know what that is.
I mean, why wait for even one more loss to make the changes we so desperately need.
I don't mean to sound so down on my Chiefs. But sh!t, 34-0?? Is there seriously any hope for this team with Carl and Herm leading the way?

OTR Chiefs fan
10-08-2008, 10:32 PM
With the play of the O-line has shown us, we need to play a QB that can run! Hopefully we will see some changes in the bye week, move the qb out of the pocket. Something other than drop back get hit every time. Run a more spread offense, make a change!

Certainly Croyle's mobility will open up those options for us. So, that our QB is not a sitting duck just waiting to get pounded.

YZILLA
10-08-2008, 10:36 PM
I feel bad for Brodie , He really hasnt had a shot . he has been with a **** O-line since he got here. He doesnt stand a chance this year , The chips are always stacked against him. No QB would be productive on this team . Im sorry to say that about my beloved Chiefs but this season is not a rebuilding season its a Who we gonna draft with the first to third pick in the 09 Draft. Unless of Course we get a QB giving up our first round pick. PLEASE READ THESE WORDS !!!! I hope I am Wrong.

OTR Chiefs fan
10-08-2008, 10:54 PM
Titans D allowing league leading 11 pts/game.
I'll be pleasantly surprised if Croyle can walk off the field in a consious state at halftime.
I hate to say it, but this game has the makings of an implosion to the likes we've never seen at Arrowhead.
Maybe thats what we need to get Clark off his a$$ and do the right thing. We all know what that is.
I mean, why wait for even one more loss to make the changes we so desperately need.
I don't mean to sound so down on my Chiefs. But sh!t, 34-0?? Is there seriously any hope for this team with Carl and Herm leading the way?

Certainly 34-0 wasn't ugly, it was FGULY! :(

Having said that here are my thoughts; I stated before the season started that this team would take some lumps this season, especially the first half of the season. First, we played New England close when nobody gave us a chance. Granted, Oakland and Atlanta were teams we could of beat and probably should of. Then we surprise everyone and beat Denver and it was like WHEW! We finally got the losing monkey off our back. I think against Carolina our youngsters got over confident and had a let down intensity-wise. Getting Croyle back in the line up is a big step and him staying healthy is an even bigger step. We certainly need to see if he's the right person for the job. I've certainly seen some improvements along with mistakes. Unfortunately, usually you get the most growth from learning from your mistakes. I have the feeling that the second half of the season we're going to see some glimmer of what this team can be. As hard as it may be I think we need to have some patience and let's see where we're at as a team at the end of the season before we start calling for changes. For one thing, changes in the middle of the season accomplishes nothing in my opinion. :D

Bike
10-09-2008, 12:41 AM
Certainly 34-0 wasn't ugly, it was FGULY! :(

Having said that here are my thoughts; I stated before the season started that this team would take some lumps this season, especially the first half of the season. First, we played New England close when nobody gave us a chance. Granted, Oakland and Atlanta were teams we could of beat and probably should of. Then we surprise everyone and beat Denver and it was like WHEW! We finally got the losing monkey off our back. I think against Carolina our youngsters got over confident and had a let down intensity-wise. Getting Croyle back in the line up is a big step and him staying healthy is an even bigger step. We certainly need to see if he's the right person for the job. I've certainly seen some improvements along with mistakes. Unfortunately, usually you get the most growth from learning from your mistakes. I have the feeling that the second half of the season we're going to see some glimmer of what this team can be. As hard as it may be I think we need to have some patience and let's see where we're at as a team at the end of the season before we start calling for changes. For one thing, changes in the middle of the season accomplishes nothing in my opinion. :D
I don't think getting Croyle back is a big step. He's in his 3rd year and has yet to win a game. He has already proven (to me, at least) that he cannot withstand the rigors of the nfl. But qb is just one of many problems we have to suffer through. Peterson has screwed this team up so royally that its gonna take a minimum of three years to right this thing. Knowing Roaf and Shields were at there end and not having any forsight in replacing them is inexcusable. That blunder alone pisses me off to no end. Add the fact that Herm has lost this team leads(34-0) leads me to believe we are playing for nothing but draft picks and gaining experience for our young players.
So why not fire Carl - now?
Don't get me wrong, I love watching the Chiefs every weekend, and I do have patience. I have hope they can string together some wins and build toward bigger and better things. I just can't see them doing it under the current management we now have.
That being said I hope we kick the sh!t out of the Titans!!

greg3564
10-09-2008, 01:12 AM
Croyle needs to be the starter for the season. Herm needs to stick with that and only replace him if he gets hurt. We need to know if he's the guy. Will he win us games? Probably not. Neither will Huard. This is Croyle's year to sink or swim. Even with the horrendous line, we'll be able to tell if he has a future as a starting QB. I certainly don't expect great things. I think he's been unintentionally set up to fail through bad play calling, a bad offensive line and bad coaching.

You have to know Herm and Carl are praying he adds something, or their butts are gone for sure at the end of the season, if not sooner. I wish Clark would send a message to Herm and the other coaches by at least firing Carl soon. Both of them getting the can right now would be even better.

Bike
10-09-2008, 02:40 AM
Croyle needs to be the starter for the season. Herm needs to stick with that and only replace him if he gets hurt. We need to know if he's the guy. Will he win us games? Probably not. Neither will Huard. This is Croyle's year to sink or swim. Even with the horrendous line, we'll be able to tell if he has a future as a starting QB. I certainly don't expect great things. I think he's been unintentionally set up to fail through bad play calling, a bad offensive line and bad coaching.

You have to know Herm and Carl are praying he adds something, or their butts are gone for sure at the end of the season, if not sooner. I wish Clark would send a message to Herm and the other coaches by at least firing Carl soon. Both of them getting the can right now would be even better.
Besides the reasons you state above, don't you think Croyles' inability to lead this team to a win has anything to do with Croyle himself? I agree that bad ol, coaching, and play calling contribute to 0 wins. But I also understand moreso that a qbs' ability to lead, make good reads, decisions, throws, and instill confidence in his teammates are just as important. This game is war, and he is the general. He needs to lead this army to some wins! Tough to do on the sideline - sh!tty ol or not.

chief31
10-09-2008, 06:44 AM
Ugly seasons like 7-9 or ugly seasons like 4-12 and on pace to be even worse this year.... never were those teams under those QBs considered a pushover team like we are. They were the caliber of QB that could turn a game around and comeback to win. We go down by even a score and we are done. You put a decent QB on our team and IT WOULD IMPROVE OUR CHANCES TO WIN. Even on morale boost alone.

Favre was on some very bad teams. Marino was on some very bad teams. Hell, pretty much all of them were on some very bad teams.

But I do agree that having an all-time great like Favre would make us more competitive. I just don't think that it would gain us a sniff at the playoffs.

I feel like it would more likely cause us to lose 27-10, as opposed to 34-0.

Now, had we picked-up just one decent o-lineman in free-agency, and added a Favre, then we might have been able to win some games.

But, with the way our defense has been playing, maybe not.

hardcorechiefsfan
10-09-2008, 08:20 AM
according to you we would have won 3 of our first 4 games if not all four if Croyle was under center. And why can't you ever answer the question as to what has herm done to keep getting passes, you blame carl, dick v, the offensive coordinator last year, everyone but herm. He's been in the league 8 years, what has he done as a coach to prove he can win in the nfl, we've got talent, where's the coaching....

Where have you been? Hermie gets a pretty big slice of the blame pie, Carl gets the rest for all his bad decisions.

hardcorechiefsfan
10-09-2008, 08:33 AM
Favre was on some very bad teams. Marino was on some very bad teams. Hell, pretty much all of them were on some very bad teams.

I'm not all that familiar with Favre, pre-Packer

But I do agree that having an all-time great like Favre would make us more competitive. I just don't think that it would gain us a sniff at the playoffs.

I feel like it would more likely cause us to lose 27-10, as opposed to 34-0.

I feel that you underestimate Favre. He was(if not is)one of the greatest QB's in NFL. I feel that the chiefs would be in awe of him like they were of Joe Montana and would be willing to jump thru hoops for him.

Now, had we picked-up just one decent o-lineman in free-agency, and added a Favre, then we might have been able to win some games.

But, with the way our defense has been playing, maybe not.

As I just said, the chiefs would of been in awe of him.The chiefs would be busting with confidence. The o-line would be perfect, the d-line would strive to be as good as o-line.

Seek
10-09-2008, 01:16 PM
If it makes anyone feel better. Brandon Albert is expected to start at LT. Maybe the Chiefs take the bye week to move Herb Taylor over to RT and we can go a week without getting Brodie hurt again.

This is do or die for Croyle. It may already be over for him but if he gets hurt again. There is no way you can count on him to play a full season.

It is time to get our BUQBOTF some reps.

jtandcrew
10-09-2008, 05:07 PM
Maybe in this 1 or another thread I was saying to move Herb to RT. I totally agree. From what I saw McIntosh has lost whatever ability he had in protection. Lets move Herb to RT now so he can get some valuable exp at the position. If Albert gets hurt again then we have the option. Either move Herb back to LT or bring McIntosh off the bench back to his old position. Maybe thats why McIntosh is struggling? He has always been a LT.

nigeriannightmare
10-09-2008, 05:31 PM
Where have you been? Hermie gets a pretty big slice of the blame pie, Carl gets the rest for all his bad decisions.

This was in response to Texaschief's inability to answer the question as to why he thinks Herm's the guy. TXChies blames everyone else but Herm, and I just want to know why he has faith in the guy, he must know something most of us don't.

Dyno-Mite
10-14-2008, 12:08 PM
Maybe in this 1 or another thread I was saying to move Herb to RT. I totally agree. From what I saw McIntosh has lost whatever ability he had in protection. Lets move Herb to RT now so he can get some valuable exp at the position. If Albert gets hurt again then we have the option. Either move Herb back to LT or bring McIntosh off the bench back to his old position. Maybe thats why McIntosh is struggling? He has always been a LT.

Herb Taylor is a outstanding offensive lineman for years to come.JT,you were right mentioning that McIntosh is struggling because he's accustomed toward being a left tackle.This should be the reason in which we should remove him from the right tackle position and replace him for Herb Taylor.Being that Albert is going through injury them I'd assume that McIntosh can replace Albert and go to left tackle next to B-dub.This should be the best way for the coaching staff to handle this situation.

Bike
10-14-2008, 12:20 PM
Herb Taylor is a outstanding offensive lineman for years to come.JT,you were right mentioning that McIntosh is struggling because he's accustomed toward being a left tackle.This should be the reason in which we should remove him from the right tackle position and replace him for Herb Taylor.Being that Albert is going through injury them I'd assume that McIntosh can replace Albert and go to left tackle next to B-dub.This should be the best way for the coaching staff to handle this situation.
Wow. Such intelligent insight. The reason Mcintosh is struggling is because he sucks. He couldn't replace any offensive lineman in this league that I can think of...

Chief_kickingtale
10-14-2008, 12:59 PM
[

Problem for our next game is the Titans have an awful tough defense. So if Croyle has bad numbers, it'll be hard to gauge how much was his fault and how much was simply playing against a great d.[/quote]

Are you kidding me! If Croyle is the Future then he should produce, period. I don't want a guy that can play against the pretenders and not the contenders! Remember, they are all professionals!!! Perform!:mob:

Three7s
10-14-2008, 02:37 PM
[
quote]

Are you kidding me! If Croyle is the Future then he should produce, period. I don't want a guy that can play against the pretenders and not the contenders! Remember, they are all professionals!!! Perform!:mob:
Uhh, you'd have to search pretty hard to find any QB that could perform at his best against, probably, the best defense in the NFL.

Bike
10-14-2008, 02:55 PM
Uhh, you'd have to search pretty hard to find any QB that could perform at his best against, probably, the best defense in the NFL.
Yep. And you won't find him on the Chiefs sideline.
I want Ingle!!!

Chief_kickingtale
10-14-2008, 03:51 PM
Wow. Such intelligent insight. The reason Mcintosh is struggling is because he sucks. He couldn't replace any offensive lineman in this league that I can think of...

No one said he had to perform his best, just perform. Throw the ball down the field, no int's, manage the game, and win! Simple. Remember, they are professionals, they get paid to play. If they can't play, then quit paying them, and get someone else!

Drunker Hillbilly
10-14-2008, 03:56 PM
No one said he had to perform his best, just perform. Throw the ball down the field, no int's, manage the game, and win! Simple. Remember, they are professionals, they get paid to play. If they can't play, then quit paying them, and get someone else!
If this were to happen we may only have 6 guys on the field!!!!!!!!!

Chief_kickingtale
10-14-2008, 04:02 PM
If this were to happen we may only have 6 guys on the field!!!!!!!!!

Than explain to me why we have the other 40+, and who's fault that we have them? Why have these guys if they can't perform? Oh that is right, they are young, what happens when they can't perform when they are old? Do we get new young guys and hope they can perform?:mob:

Drunker Hillbilly
10-14-2008, 05:38 PM
Than explain to me why we have the other 40+, and who's fault that we have them? Why have these guys if they can't perform? Oh that is right, they are young, what happens when they can't perform when they are old? Do we get new young guys and hope they can perform?:mob:
UHHHHHH, have you watched us play for the last 8 years??? You answer your own question. CP maybe??

chief31
10-18-2008, 01:16 PM
[
quote]

Few could perform with our o-line.

So, I assume that you are suggesting that we forfeit the rest of our games this season?

We have maybe five, or six, players that can perform, but once we fire everybody else, they won't be able to perform, as they will be out-numbered. So then we fire them too. Now what?

hardcorechiefsfan
10-19-2008, 01:52 AM
Few could perform with our o-line.

So, I assume that you are suggesting that we forfeit the rest of our games this season?

We have maybe five, or six, players that can perform, but once we fire everybody else, they won't be able to perform, as they will be out-numbered. So then we fire them too. Now what?

Forfeiting the season is tempting to assure that we get the best draft picks but then I don't think Hermie knows what a great draft pick is. The last draft we gave a #1 draft pick to New England. I don't think that smart.

I don't think we should fire everyone but who wants to be on a sucky team? What have players done to get the chiefs to trade them? - Play bad ball even though we know that they are great players.