PDA

View Full Version : Priest Holmes still on the roster

stlchief
06-26-2007, 11:23 PM
OK. I have to ask. Why is Priest still on the roster? Just read an article on kcchiefs.com and they mentioned him as one of the veterans with 10+ yrs of experience.

I know Vermiel said he heard from Priest himself that he would be back this year. Green said if Priest says he'll be back, he'll be back. We all talked about it a few threads here. But WTF? That was all months ago.

I know if we cut him, he doesn't get paid and he can sign w/ other teams, but c'mon. After sitting out a year, and no real sign of him playing again, would anyone sign him? Are we keeping him on the roster out of loyalty?

Any articles out there with some detail about the Shadow?

Priest - if you are reading this (and I think all Chiefs players - both active and previous do read these forum posts), I'm pulling for you to suit up again. LJ is great, but you are on a different level.

(SideNote: I took my autographed Priest Holmes fathead my cousin won in the KCFX Easter Egg Hunt last year and gave to me as a birthday present to work. It had only been hung on a wall once - for the week the Chiefs were in the Playoffs - end of week 17 to first week of playoffs :( After the loss (per agreement with my wife), it came down from the front hallway. It went back on the fathead paper and has sat since. The day after I put it on the wall at work, I arrived to find it laying across my desk because it wasn't sticky enough. I put it back up with some putty the kids have for hanging glow-in-the-dark stars in their rooms, but what a crock. Don't they advertise as being able to take it down and put it back up as many times as you want?!?)

Guru
06-27-2007, 01:20 AM
I have posted this a few times on these forums.

He is DONE!

He is on the roster only because of loyalty.

stlchief
06-27-2007, 02:45 AM
Is that an opinion or is there something out there on the internet that shows it?

Chiefster
06-27-2007, 05:31 AM
Ok, do or do you not want him on the roster?

Just curious.

BoredomReallySux
06-27-2007, 06:52 PM
I really don't think he'll be back; like Guru said the guy's done.

Coach
06-27-2007, 10:12 PM
how great would it be if LJ sat out this season due to his contract, and Priest re-emerged as the #1 RB in the league. I would cream in my shorts. I can't stand LJ.

Guru
06-27-2007, 11:50 PM
how great would it be if LJ sat out this season due to his contract, and Priest re-emerged as the #1 RB in the league. I would cream in my shorts. I can't stand LJ.

12 year old alert!!!!!!:bluegrab:

stlchief
06-28-2007, 12:06 AM
I would love Priest back. Maybe he doesn't rush for 1700 yards, but he also doesn't:

1) Drop passes in the flat that will obviously be first downs.
2) Miss picking up a blitz that causes us to lose a down and 10 yards.

Trade LJ, keep Priest.

Guru
06-28-2007, 12:25 AM
I would love Priest back. Maybe he doesn't rush for 1700 yards, but he also doesn't:

Trade LJ, keep Priest.

If Priest hadn't been out for practically 2 years, I would agree with you. He is nowhere near the same Priest.

Chiefster
06-28-2007, 12:35 AM
how great would it be if LJ sat out this season due to his contract, and Priest re-emerged as the #1 RB in the league. I would cream in my shorts.

LOL!!
I was with ya up to this point, then it got a little weird. :p
j/k

I can't stand LJ.

I, too, don't care for his attitude although he runs best with a big chip on his shoulder.

Chiefster
06-28-2007, 12:36 AM
If Priest hadn't been out for practically 2 years, I would agree with you. He is nowhere near the same Priest.

Good point.

chief31
06-28-2007, 02:00 AM

3) Trot out of bounds, on running plays, to the outside.
Trade LJ, keep Priest.

Just wanted to add to that one.

Also, Without T-Rich, Shields and Roaf, running would be alot more difficult. The holes that Priest used to find, will no longer exist. I would love to see him prove me wrong, but would hate to see him prove me right, and get himself injured.

Chiefster
06-28-2007, 05:27 AM
Just wanted to add to that one.

Also, Without T-Rich, Shields and Roaf, running would be alot more difficult. The holes that Priest used to find, will no longer exist. I would love to see him prove me wrong, but would hate to see him prove me right, and get himself injured.

This has been my opinion for the last couple of years. I'd rather see him walk away then to wheel away. Queue Canada for his medical expertise. :D

Speaking of Canada has anyone heard from him?

chief31
06-28-2007, 06:38 AM
This has been my opinion for the last couple of years. I'd rather see him walk away then to wheel away. Queue Canada for his medical expertise. :D

Speaking of Canada has anyone heard from him?

There's always the possibilty, God forbid it, that he has run out of beer, therefore falling into a form of hibernation. Let's all pray, that it isn't true.

wolfpack
06-28-2007, 09:58 AM
nacho belly should retire. we have enough backs now. maybe not as good as he was 2 or 3 years ago but now they mightbe as good or better being he`s been out 2 years.

Canada
06-28-2007, 11:29 AM
There's always the possibilty, God forbid it, that he has run out of beer, therefore falling into a form of hibernation. Let's all pray, that it isn't true.

Running out of beer...after this case and that case over there I only have three left until I get into the reserve stash. Uh oh...I'll be back in a bit!! Bring back Priest!! Keep him healthy!! CHIEFS RULE!!

Chiefster
06-28-2007, 03:45 PM
Running out of beer...after this case and that case over there I only have three left until I get into the reserve stash. Uh oh...I'll be back in a bit!! Bring back Priest!! Keep him healthy!! CHIEFS RULE!!

Hitch up the team of dogs. :D

Coach
06-29-2007, 12:22 AM

My hero.:bananen_smilies065:

Chiefster
06-29-2007, 12:24 AM
My hero.:bananen_smilies065:

Canada, or Priest? :D

Guru
06-29-2007, 12:26 AM
Canada, or Priest? :D

Beer duh!

jtime
06-29-2007, 12:36 AM
Beer duh!

Beer, Duff beer.

Guru
06-29-2007, 12:38 AM
Beer, Duff beer.

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/06/1.jpg

BoredomReallySux
06-29-2007, 12:40 AM
Doh!!!

Guru
06-29-2007, 12:46 AM
I'm a Dope!!!

FYP :sign0151:

BoredomReallySux
06-29-2007, 12:48 AM
FYP :sign0151:

Mod abuse! :p

Guru
06-29-2007, 12:51 AM
Mod abuse! :p

You, my vacant, rump-fed, scantling, are not worthy of MOD abuse.

BoredomReallySux
06-29-2007, 12:58 AM
You, my vacant, rump-fed, scantling, are not worthy of MOD abuse.

Well all I know is that Chiefster has never treated me this way; what are you guys like the good cop/bad cop mod dual?

Guru
06-29-2007, 01:01 AM
Well all I know is that Chiefster has never treated me this way; what are you guys like the good cop/bad cop mod dual?

Chiefster will take care of you if you want him too.

:character0074:

BoredomReallySux
06-29-2007, 01:04 AM
Chiefster will take care of you if you want him too.

:character0074:

No thanks; I don't need anyones help here!

Guru
06-29-2007, 01:05 AM
No thanks; I don't need anyones help here!
I would disagree. You need more help than the U.S. could even provide.

BoredomReallySux
06-29-2007, 01:10 AM
I would disagree. You need more help than the U.S. could even provide.

Hey, I'm not some generational welfare abuser.

Chiefster
06-29-2007, 01:44 AM
Hey, I'm not some generational welfare abuser.

This goes way beyond comment.

Guru
07-03-2007, 02:30 AM
Beer, Duff beer.

First post in nearly 3 years? Somebody has come out of the woodwork.

Bighurt27
07-03-2007, 03:39 AM
I for one think LJ COULD be the best running back in the league if he didnt have that "Randy Moss" attitude. That being said, If Priest is healthy enough, give him a shot.

Chiefster
07-03-2007, 10:53 AM
I for one think LJ COULD be the best running back in the league if he didnt have that "Randy Moss" attitude. That being said, If Priest is healthy enough, give him a shot.

That, I think is a if.

chief31
07-03-2007, 11:58 AM

It usually does take a few years, for those kind of personalities to "grow-up". But, i agree, about the talent that he has. I just doubt that he will be able to put it all together, before his talent begins to diminish. Especially, with the way Herm plans to run him into the ground. I don't believe that he is worth it.

Chiefster
07-03-2007, 05:24 PM
It usually does take a few years, for those kind of personalities to "grow-up". But, i agree, about the talent that he has. I just doubt that he will be able to put it all together, before his talent begins to diminish. Especially, with the way Herm plans to run him into the ground. I don't believe that he is worth it.

I really think Herm is going to try to lighten LJ's load this year and use the backups more then he did last year, but then again I could be wrong.

peekaboo224
07-10-2007, 06:13 AM
It would be nice if Priest was able to make a comeback but I also think he is on the roster out of loyalty.

stlchief
07-10-2007, 07:58 AM
Loyalty and legal issues.

In a recent article that basically said everyone stop complaining about him, he already earned the $ he is making this year, it also said that he was going thru the motions of wanting to play (with his doctor's excuse).

Anyone know if there is a "legal / contractual" issue with cutting someone who is "injured"?

wolfpack
07-10-2007, 10:30 AM
i think he`s on the payroll to help sell nachoes at the stadium.

Coach
07-10-2007, 06:51 PM
Loyalty and legal issues.

In a recent article that basically said everyone stop complaining about him, he already earned the $ he is making this year, it also said that he was going thru the motions of wanting to play (with his doctor's excuse).

Anyone know if there is a "legal / contractual" issue with cutting someone who is "injured"?

I found this excerpt regarding Holmes situation:

Priest Holmes has no intention of playing tackle football again. Not without a new contract, something that is highly unlikely for a running back who will be 34 in October and has a history of getting injured almost every football season. This runs contrary to many previous reports, but Whitlock has the inside track when it comes to the Chiefs, though he admits the assertion is strictly his opinion. The constant medical evaluations of his neck and spine are simply steps in a dance he must do with the Chiefs to protect the signing bonus he received before the 2003 season. Had Holmes announced his retirement after the 2005 season, Peterson probably would've asked for a prorated portion of Holmes' $10 million signing bonus. So Holmes got a doctor's note, and his absence is excused.

Chiefster
07-13-2007, 10:21 PM
I found this excerpt regarding Holmes situation:

...Sounds about right.