PDA

View Full Version : Interesting.....LJ is #1 on list of possible trades on Yahoo

DrunkHillbilly
10-08-2008, 04:48 PM
1. RB Larry Johnson (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6363/;_ylt=Alcm1wLb0_bfSAQXAFYXUwfsYNAF), Kansas City Chiefs (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/kan/;_ylt=ApDbXpPsF0JkWdveEOEgAPzsYNAF)
Comment: “By the time the Chiefs are good again, he’s going to be done. … I don’t understand why they gave him all the money and then they wouldn’t sign Jared Allen (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6885/;_ylt=AoBAL6F3VzRp.tBAc84jaJrsYNAF). If you’re rebuilding, you don’t do it with a running back who’s going to be burned.” Another executive said Johnson has a reputation around the league as being a “spoiled brat” and “not much of a leader.”
Best potential fits: He’s not a perfect fit in Philadelphia because of the style of the offense, but all of the executives said the Eagles could use him now that Brian Westbrook (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5977/;_ylt=AsH0Wh1cGZOMXWgVyno.vjvsYNAF) has broken ribs. Other teams that could use him would be the Denver Broncos (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/den/;_ylt=AuaqcCmYDaDXNyexm0yS.8XsYNAF), New England Patriots (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/nwe/;_ylt=AvX42ySi9sVgQwUhQA9cwbnsYNAF) and New Orleans Saints (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/nor/;_ylt=AnE6oPC0sGUNl.LhDRu3FzXsYNAF).

Sn@keIze
10-08-2008, 04:51 PM
When is the trade deadline? Cant remember if its before the week 6 games start or after.

AkChief49
10-08-2008, 04:59 PM
trade deadline is next week- Oct. 14th

Nel Toille
10-08-2008, 05:06 PM
DO IT! Get rid of this guy. As long as he's here, he's going to demand carries and put out a half-assed effort when he get's frustrated. Charles and Smith can carry the load right now. Savage could be a good running back if given the chance. I'd love to see this happen.

YZILLA
10-08-2008, 05:15 PM
Dont forget Battle, we have a surplus of Runningbacks . As Bad as I hate to lose any of them , we need to remedy the problems we have in other areas.

Three7s
10-08-2008, 07:21 PM
It'll never happen. I'd be shocked if we traded this investment, there's no way a team will take over his contract, and that's the only way we trade him.

Sn@keIze
10-08-2008, 07:29 PM
Wait a minute! We all rip on how bad this O-line is. And true, it is disgusting to put it lightly.

But what can ANYBODY do with this O-line?

I ripped on LJ the first two games and caught myself after the falcs and panthers.

As a matter of fact, Im going to go ahead and say I am damm surprised LJ is averaging per game! Considering what he has to work with.

The problems is the opponents know what we are gonna do to our coaching predictability.

Get rid of Herm!CP! not LJ

YZILLA
10-08-2008, 10:46 PM
Which once again goes back to our O-line. A good team with a Good oline would say try and stop our run . We new Atlanta was gonna run the ball , We knew Carolina was gonna run the ball , Did we stop them ? No because their Beefy and talented O-line took our guys wherever they need to take us !

rbedgood
10-08-2008, 11:20 PM
If the Chiefs could unload LJ for draft picks and they used those picks on O-line help then trading him would be good. However what team that is a playoff contender (only reason to trade for LJ) both needs him and would have the salary cap space to take him?

I can't come up with anyone. Maybe Denver, but I can't see the Chiefs doing that...

Guru
10-08-2008, 11:33 PM
I wouldn't cry a tear if it happened.

jerhart
10-09-2008, 06:44 AM
Dont forget Battle, we have a surplus of Runningbacks . As Bad as I hate to lose any of them , we need to remedy the problems we have in other areas.

Except for LJ. :yahoo:

hardcorechiefsfan
10-09-2008, 08:09 AM
1. RB Larry Johnson (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6363/;_ylt=Alcm1wLb0_bfSAQXAFYXUwfsYNAF), Kansas City Chiefs (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/kan/;_ylt=ApDbXpPsF0JkWdveEOEgAPzsYNAF)
Comment: “By the time the Chiefs are good again, he’s going to be done. … I don’t understand why they gave him all the money and then they wouldn’t sign Jared Allen (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6885/;_ylt=AoBAL6F3VzRp.tBAc84jaJrsYNAF). If you’re rebuilding, you don’t do it with a running back who’s going to be burned.” Another executive said Johnson has a reputation around the league as being a “spoiled brat” and “not much of a leader.”

LJ thinks he's all that, he knows nothing about teamwork, and I believe that the chiefs head office is afraid to play against him because they know what he could do with an effective offense.

Best potential fits: He’s not a perfect fit in Philadelphia because of the style of the offense, but all of the executives said the Eagles could use him now that Brian Westbrook (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5977/;_ylt=AsH0Wh1cGZOMXWgVyno.vjvsYNAF) has broken ribs. Other teams that could use him would be the Denver Broncos (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/den/;_ylt=AuaqcCmYDaDXNyexm0yS.8XsYNAF), New England Patriots (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/nwe/;_ylt=AvX42ySi9sVgQwUhQA9cwbnsYNAF) and New Orleans Saints (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/nor/;_ylt=AnE6oPC0sGUNl.LhDRu3FzXsYNAF).

Please not Denver, please not Denver, please not Denver...

Canada
10-09-2008, 10:21 AM
They won't trade him in the division.

jakesmith
10-09-2008, 10:32 AM

I hope your right Canada, because if CP traqdes LJ to Denver then I know CP is on the take with Denver.

Seek
10-09-2008, 01:03 PM

Absoulutely. We wouldn't even trade Greg Wesley in the division. We certainly wouldn't trade someone with possible lethal consequences.

To even consider that in the article leades me to believe it is 100% opinion of the writer and nothing to be considered accurate.

NOW, if we did fire CP and hired a new GM. I could see LJ on a trading block. New GM 's do that often. Clean house with the players they don't want in their club house. If LJ is truly a baby brat and we could get something for him. I could see it happening.

If it could happen to Jason Taylor, it can happen to LJ.

Bike
10-09-2008, 01:56 PM
I hope your right Canada, because if CP traqdes LJ to Denver then I know CP is on the take with Denver.
Denver don't pay for rb's...And Shanahan has taken them to 4 superbowls with this philosophy.
Damn them donks!!

jtandcrew
10-09-2008, 04:34 PM
They wont trade him in the division because they cant. The other 3 teams have who they want. I can see the Chiefs trading him though but I dont think they will get what they are wanting. We would have to make multiple trades and take a loss on LJ and would have to trade TG in order to get nothing less than a young RT and a multi purpose guard. Unless we trade some of our younger talent. Like 1 of the safeties we have since Morgan backs them up and Herm likes Morgan. I would be opposed to trade any young talent. I say, let the season run its course, see if Croyle can stay healthy and see if we finish as bad as we start and see if we get a high draft choice. Replace Carl before he screws it up though!

jakesmith
10-09-2008, 04:36 PM
Denver don't pay for rb's...And Shanahan has taken them to 4 superbowls with this philosophy.
Damn them donks!!

I thought they paid for last few backs, except for their current guy. Didn't they shell out some cash for the guy (Sorry I always forget his name.) who is now out of the league because of his problems with drugs.

jtandcrew
10-09-2008, 04:37 PM
I thought they paid for last few backs, except for their current guy. Didn't they shell out some cash for the guy (Sorry I always forget his name.) who is now out of the league because of his problems with drugs.

Travis Henry wasnt it? If it was? They didnt spend that much on him.

Bike
10-09-2008, 04:37 PM
They wont trade him in the division because they cant. The other 3 teams have who they want. I can see the Chiefs trading him though but I dont think they will get what they are wanting. We would have to make multiple trades and take a loss on LJ and would have to trade TG in order to get nothing less than a young RT and a multi purpose guard. Unless we trade some of our younger talent. Like 1 of the safeties we have since Morgan backs them up and Herm likes Morgan. I would be opposed to trade any young talent. I say, let the season run its course, see if Croyle can stay healthy and see if we finish as bad as we start and see if we get a high draft choice. Replace Carl before he screws it up though!
He already has!:bananen_smilies046:

jtandcrew
10-09-2008, 04:41 PM
He already has!:bananen_smilies046:

Im talking about if we get a 1-5 pick after this year. He needs to go before he screws it up again!

Thats why I would like to see the change in the next few weeks so whoever comes in whether its just a new GM or a GM/HC let them evaluate what they have in a lost year and make the changes they need to for next year.:bananen_smilies046:

Bike
10-09-2008, 04:44 PM
Im talking about if we get a 1-5 pick after this year. He needs to go before he screws it up again!

Thats why I would like to see the change in the next few weeks so whoever comes in whether its just a new GM or a GM/HC let them evaluate what they have in a lost year and make the changes they need to for next year.:bananen_smilies046:
Exactly!:bananen_smilies046: I hope its Cowher, though. Holmgrens' track record in Seattle is, well, poopy.

Coach
10-09-2008, 10:43 PM

I agree. And if they do trade him, that means that we will need to draft a RB in the draft next year. We don't have an every down back on this roster. In my opinion, we have other needs that we will need to fill using our draft picks rather than RB.

tornadospotter
10-10-2008, 08:25 AM
Well if they trade him, I think we will be just fine with out him.

Drunker Hillbilly
10-10-2008, 11:43 AM
I think it's absolutely comical to see people talking about trading a top 5 RB in the league!!! Did everyone forget the year he had when we actually had an O line? Baby this baby that! He is like every other damn offensive player. He wants the ball!!! There isn't one RB in this league that could run behind this line consistantly!! Especially if he gets 7 carries a game!!!!!!!! I'm takin notes and I don't want to hear one word from you people that want to trade him if and when we do sure up the O line and LJ is getting 100 per game and a TD!! Trading LJ is not the answer to fixing this team! There were plenty of O lineman available on the FA market when the big 3 left. CP chose to NOT spend any money on a QB or any O lineman! Now look at the team!!! There will be plenty of serviceable lineman again this year. Mix those with the two or three we have now and the O line will be serviceable. Much better than it is now. They just have to soend some money and quit worrying about lining CP's pockets before he retires!!!!!!

Canada
10-10-2008, 11:51 AM
I think it's absolutely comical to see people talking about trading a top 5 RB in the league!!! Did everyone forget the year he had when we actually had an O line? Baby this baby that! He is like every other damn offensive player. He wants the ball!!! There isn't one RB in this league that could run behind this line consistantly!! Especially if he gets 7 carries a game!!!!!!!! I'm takin notes and I don't want to hear one word from you people that want to trade him if and when we do sure up the O line and LJ is getting 100 per game and a TD!! Trading LJ is not the answer to fixing this team! There were plenty of O lineman available on the FA market when the big 3 left. CP chose to NOT spend any money on a QB or any O lineman! Now look at the team!!! There will be plenty of serviceable lineman again this year. Mix those with the two or three we have now and the O line will be serviceable. Much better than it is now. They just have to soend some money and quit worrying about lining CP's pockets before he retires!!!!!!

So then why are we wasting $45 million on one when we could have just as much inconsistency with a much more inexpensive RB. By the time this line gets stable enough to have LJ run effectively, he will be Chiefsters age!! :11:

Nel Toille
10-10-2008, 02:02 PM
There isn't one RB in this league that could run behind this line consistantly!! Especially if he gets 7 carries a game!!!!!!!!
Barry Sanders could have ran behind our offensive line... he was, of course, a true professional who played only because he loved the game.

DrunkHillbilly
10-10-2008, 02:28 PM
Barry Sanders could have ran behind our offensive line... he was, of course, a true professional who played only because he loved the game.
Not even he could have ran behind this line. They are worse than any O line Detroit ever had!!

DrunkHillbilly
10-10-2008, 02:33 PM
So then why are we wasting $45 million on one when we could have just as much inconsistency with a much more inexpensive RB. By the time this line gets stable enough to have LJ run effectively, he will be Chiefsters age!! :11:
Its not "wasted" money if they sure up that line. Like I said, you can't build your O line with rookies. There are and have been many FA O lineman the last few years and we didn't spend any money. If CP really retires after 09, we will have the potential to get some of these guys. So I ask you this question, if we trade him today and get whatever and then we somehow get a few serciceable O lineman in the off season, do you think the RB's we have now would be compareable to LJ? Wouldn't even be close!!!!!! In fact, I bet not one of them would have as good a year as he did when he only played 8 games and dominated the league!!!

tornadospotter
10-10-2008, 02:45 PM
Yes he could have!

Not even he could have ran behind this line. They are worse than any O line Detroit ever had!!
He still could have ran, not saying for positive yards! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Canada
10-10-2008, 03:08 PM
Its not "wasted" money if they sure up that line. Like I said, you can't build your O line with rookies. There are and have been many FA O lineman the last few years and we didn't spend any money. If CP really retires after 09, we will have the potential to get some of these guys. So I ask you this question, if we trade him today and get whatever and then we somehow get a few serciceable O lineman in the off season, do you think the RB's we have now would be compareable to LJ? Wouldn't even be close!!!!!! In fact, I bet not one of them would have as good a year as he did when he only played 8 games and dominated the league!!!

It will be at least 2010 before this O line is good putting LJ at the age of 30. Top end of a RB shelf life. And yes, I believe that some of the RBs we have now would be able to compare with LJs half season and I think Kolby will be a better choice in 2010 as our RB. I am not getting down on LJ, but his time is now and the rest of the team is a few years from now.

Drunker Hillbilly
10-10-2008, 05:09 PM
It will be at least 2010 before this O line is good putting LJ at the age of 30. Top end of a RB shelf life. And yes, I believe that some of the RBs we have now would be able to compare with LJs half season and I think Kolby will be a better choice in 2010 as our RB. I am not getting down on LJ, but his time is now and the rest of the team is a few years from now.
Cool. Your opinion. Mine is that not ONE of the RB's we have now could do in an entire season what he did in half a season. We don't have a starting RB. None of the guys we have would start on any team in the league. You may end up being right but my point is that it didn't have to be 2010 before we had a line. This is why I have been on CP for as long as I've been a member here!! Why pay a guy if your going to set him up for failure? ANY RB in the league would be a failure behind this line! It's like paying Jerry Rice $75,000,000 and then not having any other receivers on the field! Not going to be too productive.

Not saying a 3 back committee couldn't have a decent result but when you have one of the best in the league, you need to do what is right for that particular player which in turn is what's right for the team. Production goes up for the running game AND the QB if the line is better. Like I said, why pay a QB millions and millions of dollars if your going to have yourself, me and Herm blocking for him? I think we are seeing the results!!!

Canada
10-10-2008, 06:36 PM
Cool. Your opinion. Mine is that not ONE of the RB's we have now could do in an entire season what he did in half a season. We don't have a starting RB. None of the guys we have would start on any team in the league. You may end up being right but my point is that it didn't have to be 2010 before we had a line. This is why I have been on CP for as long as I've been a member here!! Why pay a guy if your going to set him up for failure? ANY RB in the league would be a failure behind this line! It's like paying Jerry Rice $75,000,000 and then not having any other receivers on the field! Not going to be too productive.

Not saying a 3 back committee couldn't have a decent result but when you have one of the best in the league, you need to do what is right for that particular player which in turn is what's right for the team. Production goes up for the running game AND the QB if the line is better. Like I said, why pay a QB millions and millions of dollars if your going to have yourself, me and Herm blocking for him? I think we are seeing the results!!!

I don't disagree with what you are saying. I would love to have an O line, but we don't. I am just joining the thread about an LJ trade. I wish we could block for him but that does not seem to be happening and like I have said all along...I am not opposed to trading LJ. I don't deny that he is one of the better RBs in the league, but we can run run pass punt with anyone. :D

rbedgood
10-10-2008, 07:35 PM
Canada makes a good point. If you are rebuilding and making a youth movement, the pieces that should go are those that are veteran and have value.

tornadospotter
10-10-2008, 10:43 PM
I don't disagree with what you are saying. I would love to have an O line, but we don't. I am just joining the thread about an LJ trade. I wish we could block for him but that does not seem to be happening and like I have said all along...I am not opposed to trading LJ. I don't deny that he is one of the better RBs in the league, but we can run run pass punt with anyone. :D
And we are so far proving it! :mob:

chief31
10-11-2008, 11:10 AM

He was a truly amazing runner.

I actually agree with all of that. But I don't believe that a mediocre o-line would make LJ worth his paycheck here.

I just don't think that he is good enough to get top-5 HB stats with a generic o-line.

You might be right. I do agree about the quality of o-line. But Barry would have been able to break-off some big gains, even with our line. Not sure that it would be enough to give him respectable numbers, but they would likely be better than what we are getting right now.

hermhater
10-11-2008, 07:42 PM
Who's "Drunker Hillbilly"???

Does he live in AZ too?

hardcorechiefsfan
10-12-2008, 11:26 PM
Absoulutely. We wouldn't even trade Greg Wesley in the division. We certainly wouldn't trade someone with possible lethal consequences.

To even consider that in the article leades me to believe it is 100% opinion of the writer and nothing to be considered accurate.

NOW, if we did fire CP and hired a new GM. I could see LJ on a trading block. New GM 's do that often. Clean house with the players they don't want in their club house. If LJ is truly a baby brat and we could get something for him. I could see it happening.

If it could happen to Jason Taylor, it can happen to LJ.

If they say LJ will be traded, then they better not go back on their word. I'm holding them to their promise. LJ is definitely the original brat, move over Dennis the Menace!

Seek
10-13-2008, 09:23 AM
If they say LJ will be traded, then they better not go back on their word. I'm holding them to their promise. LJ is definitely the original brat, move over Dennis the Menace!

Can you think of a team that needs a running back yet alone one that is in contention.

jtandcrew
10-13-2008, 09:35 AM
LJ is still fairly young for a RB. He dont need a team in contention. He is not in TG's position. LJ still has not proven he can return to form after his injury last year. He seems to be running scared rather than with authority as he did before the new contract AND injury. Im starting to think he is proving to be more of a liability than his worth. Problem is no 1 is going to want him or his contract unless the Chiefs give him permission to talk with other teams and he can sell himself. Carl WONT be able to sell LJ on any team. Both LJ and the Chiefs have made their beds and are going to have to lie in them till either the Chiefs just cut him and eat the contract (which wont happen) or LJ returns to form and other teams inquire about him. Also most teams now are doing RB by committee...same as the Chiefs (for most part) and he wants to be a 1 man gang! Hard to find a fit for him.

Drunker Hillbilly
10-13-2008, 09:44 AM
Who's "Drunker Hillbilly"???

Does he live in AZ too?
New computer and can't seem to get admin to send "Drunk Hillbilly's" password. Had inquired about 5 times and then said F it!!! Still me though!!!!

Seek
10-13-2008, 01:00 PM
LJ is still fairly young for a RB. He dont need a team in contention. He is not in TG's position. LJ still has not proven he can return to form after his injury last year. He seems to be running scared rather than with authority as he did before the new contract AND injury. Im starting to think he is proving to be more of a liability than his worth. Problem is no 1 is going to want him or his contract unless the Chiefs give him permission to talk with other teams and he can sell himself. Carl WONT be able to sell LJ on any team. Both LJ and the Chiefs have made their beds and are going to have to lie in them till either the Chiefs just cut him and eat the contract (which wont happen) or LJ returns to form and other teams inquire about him. Also most teams now are doing RB by committee...same as the Chiefs (for most part) and he wants to be a 1 man gang! Hard to find a fit for him.

Lj's injury is not the issue. I don't care how good the running back is. If there isn't an offensive line, there isn't a running back. Look at the Donkey game for proof. LJ had holes to run through and he did or nearly 200 yards. There was no holes against Carolina, and he had nearly 0 yards.

I don't see LJ going anywhere. Why would a team not in contenion trade for LJ a day before the trade deadling instead of at year end.

Bike
10-13-2008, 01:06 PM
Why would ANYBODY want LJ??

nigeriannightmare
10-13-2008, 01:34 PM
If all it took was a 3rd and 6th ro trade TG, I don't even want to think what they would take for LJ. Probalby a semi full of footbals...

Canada
10-13-2008, 06:31 PM
...and a box of cookies.

chief31
10-14-2008, 06:54 AM
Keep the cookies. We'll just take the equipment.:lol:

tornadospotter
10-17-2008, 10:17 AM
New computer and can't seem to get admin to send "Drunk Hillbilly's" password. Had inquired about 5 times and then said F it!!! Still me though!!!!
How are the energy drinks doing?

Drunker Hillbilly
10-17-2008, 11:20 AM
How are the energy drinks doing?
I can't even begin to tell you!!!! I'll PM you.

Seek
10-17-2008, 11:39 AM
I can't even begin to tell you!!!! I'll PM you.

I'm interested as well.

I once had someone try to convince me to get into a catering booth with him. He was trying to tell me that he it was a sure fire money maker. I told him I wasn't interested. I just liked smoking food for my family. Not profit. He ended up eating close to 2 thousand dollars of left overs. Dang good left overs though... MMMMM...