PDA

View Full Version : Gonzales to Giants?

AkChief49
10-11-2008, 02:47 AM
(http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/10/10/gonzalez-to-giants/)

Posted by Mike Florio on October 10, 2008, 11:52 p.m.
A reader tells us that KSHB in Kansas City is reporting that Chiefs tight end Tony Gonzalez has requested a trade, and that one of the teams in the running is the New York Gootball Fiants. (It’s an inside joke that you’ll understand only if you check the site every day, multiple times per day.)
Though we haven’t confirmed that KSHB is reporting this information, we’ve learned separately that, indeed, an effort is afoot to move Gonzalez out of Kansas City.
The trade deadline is October 14 at 4:00 p.m. EDT.
Stay tuned....... and the rats start to leave the ship....not that TG is a rat!:sign0153:

hardcorechiefsfan
10-11-2008, 04:31 AM

A reader tells us that KSHB in Kansas City is reporting that Chiefs tight end Tony Gonzalez has requested a trade, and that one of the teams in the running is the New York Gootball Fiants. (It’s an inside joke that you’ll understand only if you check the site every day, multiple times per day.)
Though we haven’t confirmed that KSHB is reporting this information, we’ve learned separately that, indeed, an effort is afoot to move Gonzalez out of Kansas City.
Stay tuned....... and the rats start to leave the ship....not that TG is a rat!:sign0153:

I think Tony should go, he has more of a chance with any other team than the chiefs to get a superbowl ring. He has given so much blood to the chiefs and for what?

rbedgood
10-11-2008, 04:32 AM

Hmmm...the Giants are one team that has depth to spare on the O-line. Could be interesting?

hardcorechiefsfan
10-11-2008, 04:35 AM
Hmmm...the Giants are one team that has depth to spare on the O-line. Could be interesting?

I wish Tony all the luck with whatever team he goes to.

rbedgood
10-11-2008, 04:38 AM
I wish Tony all the luck with whatever team he goes to.

I think that most every fan around the NFL (outside of Chokeland) would have enough class to wish Tony G the best.

tammietailgator
10-11-2008, 09:54 AM
I am NOT happy about this! Can we have Eli for Tony?

:mob:

Canada
10-11-2008, 09:56 AM
Who the hell is MikeFlorio? Is this just some guy off another board?

tammietailgator
10-11-2008, 10:00 AM
He is a well know NFL blogger

tornadospotter
10-11-2008, 10:05 AM
He is a well know NFL blogger
He is? :mob: Never heard of him.

Canada
10-11-2008, 10:05 AM
WTF is a blogger?

tammietailgator
10-11-2008, 10:10 AM
WTF is a blogger?

From Wikipedia:

Profootballtalk.com is a news and rumor website that focuses on the National Football League (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL). Though much of the information on PFT is aggregated from mainstream media (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mainstream_media) sources, site editor Mike Florio often writes original stories based on tips given to him from his network of league sources.
Though the main focus of the site is the "Daily Rumor Mill", which consists of postings of the aforementioned news items as well as editorializing by Florio, the site has many other notable features as well. Throughout the season, weekly rankings of players at various positions for fantasy football (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fantasy_football) are posted, and Florio operates a "Live Blog" for one or two games each week. Furthermore, the site maintains a year-round "Turd Watch" competition, in which teams are ranked based on the criminal activities of their members.
The site was created on November 1st, 2001, by Mike Florio, who is also the site's primary editor and contributor. Florio is responsible for the multiple daily updates to the primary page of the site, the "Daily Rumor Mill." Other elements can also be found on PFT, such as humorous photo-illustrations and periodic live blogs by Mike Florio of NFL games or the draft.

tornadospotter
10-11-2008, 10:13 AM
From Wikipedia:

Profootballtalk.com is a news and rumor website that focuses on the National Football League (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL). Though much of the information on PFT is aggregated from mainstream media (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mainstream_media) sources, site editor Mike Florio often writes original stories based on tips given to him from his network of league sources.
Though the main focus of the site is the "Daily Rumor Mill", which consists of postings of the aforementioned news items as well as editorializing by Florio, the site has many other notable features as well. Throughout the season, weekly rankings of players at various positions for fantasy football (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fantasy_football) are posted, and Florio operates a "Live Blog" for one or two games each week. Furthermore, the site maintains a year-round "Turd Watch" competition, in which teams are ranked based on the criminal activities of their members.
The site was created on November 1st, 2001, by Mike Florio, who is also the site's primary editor and contributor. Florio is responsible for the multiple daily updates to the primary page of the site, the "Daily Rumor Mill." Other elements can also be found on PFT, such as humorous photo-illustrations and periodic live blogs by Mike Florio of NFL games or the draft.
Ok he is a turd spotter!:yahoo:

Canada
10-11-2008, 10:38 AM
From Wikipedia:

So he is a guy who sits around and makes up stories and claims to have some sort of league source. hmmm...

tammietailgator
10-11-2008, 02:13 PM
So he is a guy who sits around and makes up stories and claims to have some sort of league source. hmmm...

hmmm I dunno - but it has been all over the local news here in KC. I am holding my breath till tuesday!

Coach
10-11-2008, 04:37 PM
I think it is a probably a good move for TG. But it could start a full scale riot outside Carl Peterson's office by the fans. People are going to go nuts on CP if this happens!!!!!

nigeriannightmare
10-11-2008, 05:57 PM
I think it is a probably a good move for TG. But it could start a full scale riot outside Carl Peterson's office by the fans. People are going to go nuts on CP if this happens!!!!!

I think it's a done deal, my buddies in Omaha and the bay area say that they have heard it on their sports radio. I am screaming the sky is falling now. F**k Herm and f**k Carl they can both kiss my a**. I hope TG gets what he deserves, a superbowl ring. But Carl P and Herm Edwards can both, I am not gonna even go there but this sucks. I don't care how Texas Chief spins this, it sucks. He's a hall of famer, and been an awesome franchise player and one of the few skilled veterans we have. If this goes through, I think it's safe to say that no matter what happens we've got 1 more season of Herm and Carl.

hermhater
10-11-2008, 05:57 PM
http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/grumpy.gif

hardcorechiefsfan
10-13-2008, 12:08 AM

A reader tells us that KSHB in Kansas City is reporting that Chiefs tight end Tony Gonzalez has requested a trade, and that one of the teams in the running is the New York Gootball Fiants. (It’s an inside joke that you’ll

He would be going to a great QB, something that he never had here(We didn't have him when we had Joe, did we?).

jerhart
10-13-2008, 06:58 AM
He would be going to a great QB, something that he never had here(We didn't have him when we had Joe, did we?).

Nope...TG doesnt have a post-season win. We went to the AFC championship with Joe.

127markaz
10-13-2008, 07:32 AM
Unfortunately, the Chiefs don't deserve Gonzales any longer. He's too much of a superior talent and 'class act' to have to play his last years for an organization that puts its faith in the hands of Herman Edwards. Now...this is going to sound like the words of a dual homer (KC and Arizona). Gonzales to the Cardinals straight up for Matt Leinert. The Chiefs and Leinert are for the future whereas the Cardinals and Gonzales are NOW. Gets Tony out of the AFC and Leinert gets to start. One could only wish.

hardcorechiefsfan
10-13-2008, 07:49 AM
Unfortunately, the Chiefs don't deserve Gonzales any longer. He's too much of a superior talent and 'class act' to have to play his last years for an organization that puts its faith in the hands of Herman Edwards. Now...this is going to sound like the words of a dual homer (KC and Arizona). Gonzales to the Cardinals straight up for Matt Leinert. The Chiefs and Leinert are for the future whereas the Cardinals and Gonzales are NOW. Gets Tony out of the AFC and Leinert gets to start. One could only wish.

I so agree about how the chiefs don't deserve Tony but to the cardinals??? never!!

throughthickandthin
10-13-2008, 08:05 AM
With all of this talk of trading Tony for the good of the Chiefs, and honestly for his own good, one can't help but recall the "rebuilding" statements we've all heard for so long. If we're rebuilding this team from the ground up this fan can't help but wonder when do we, the fans, get to trade Carl and Herm? God knows it's the only way were moving up from here.

hardcorechiefsfan
10-13-2008, 08:14 AM
With all of this talk of trading Tony for the good of the Chiefs, and honestly for his own good, one can't help but recall the "rebuilding" statements we've all heard for so long. If we're rebuilding this team from the ground up this fan can't help but wonder when do we, the fans, get to trade Carl and Herm? God knows it's the only way were moving up from here.

You have to talk to Clark about that.

AkChief49
10-13-2008, 08:30 AM
Unfortunately, the Chiefs don't deserve Gonzales any longer. He's too much of a superior talent and 'class act' to have to play his last years for an organization that puts its faith in the hands of Herman Edwards. Now...this is going to sound like the words of a dual homer (KC and Arizona). Gonzales to the Cardinals straight up for Matt Leinert. The Chiefs and Leinert are for the future whereas the Cardinals and Gonzales are NOW. Gets Tony out of the AFC and Leinert gets to start. One could only wish. Leinart needs to stay in the desert! I watched the Oklahoma/Texas game the other day......either one of these QB's would work for the Chiefs. I give a slight edge to Bradford:D

hardcorechiefsfan
10-13-2008, 08:50 AM
Leinart needs to stay in the desert! I watched the Oklahoma/Texas game the other day......either one of these QB's would work for the Chiefs. I give a slight edge to Bradford:D

Its over for about 15 years.

127markaz
10-13-2008, 08:54 AM
I so agree about how the chiefs don't deserve Tony but to the cardinals??? never!! You think the attacks on Bill Bidwell and the Cardinals joke of an organization over the past 21 years aren't deserved? But lo' and behold he brings in Ken Whissenhunt two years ago. All of a sudden the desert ain't so bad, but that's directly attributable to the head coach. Two years ago there is no way I would want Tony G to come here and ruin his career. Now THAT would have been a waste. After 8-8 last year and a 4-2 start this year I'm guessing that many players would want to come here, including Gonzales.

Seek
10-13-2008, 09:00 AM
Jay Glazer just reported on 610. That Tony Gonzalez has asked for a trade to a contender. Tony did say that the Giants would be ideal but, the Giants have reported to Jay Glazer that they are only slightly interested. They have a top ranked offense that does not utilize the Tight end so they don't want to mess with their game planning.

Supposedly Buffalo is overing two picks for him. ONe being a third, but Tony said he would rather play for Arizona than Buffalo. His wife would kill him if he played for Buffalo.

He stated that if he is not traded he will still give it his all as a Chief. He will always be a Chief.

There is three issues regarding Tony's trade. A. Compensation for Tony. B. Cap room for Tony's contract on the other team or a new contract. C. Tony has to sign off on the trade. He sounds legit in his trade request. He wants to win a superbowl. If that can't be done he would rather remain a Chief.

throughthickandthin
10-13-2008, 09:04 AM
Jay Glazer just reported on 610. That Tony Gonzalez has asked for a trade to a contender. Tony did say that the Giants would be ideal but, the Giants have reported to Jay Glazer that they are only slightly interested. They have a top ranked offense that does not utilize the Tight end so they don't want to mess with their game planning.

Supposedly Buffalo is overing two picks for him. ONe being a third, but Tony said he would rather play for Arizona than Buffalo. His wife would kill him if he played for Buffalo.

He stated that if he is not traded he will still give it his all as a Chief. He will always be a Chief.

There is three issues regarding Tony's trade. A. Compensation for Tony. B. Cap room for Tony's contract on the other team or a new contract. C. Tony has to sign off on the trade. He sounds legit in his trade request. He wants to win a superbowl. If that can't be done he would rather remain a Chief.

"He will always be a Chief". Now that is a man that deserves a hand from every fan.

garciakcfan
10-13-2008, 09:21 AM
Ill be pissed if he goes but if we cant get him a ring he deserves to go somewhere else... Sad day in chiefs history if this happens... Buffalo is not a contender they are a pretender as you will see as the season goes not only that I will personally riot in front of ralph wilson stadium by myself if that happens and im sure Canada will join me

jtandcrew
10-13-2008, 09:24 AM
I saw the look on his face during the last game....I knew he would ask for a trade. Although we are going to be hard pressed to find anyone to give more than they did for Shockey. Which was a 2nd and a 5th I think. I feel he is worth more than that though. He is proven and hes not injury prone.

Also in other threads I said I wouldnt be opposed to giving him a trade if he asked but I REALLY didnt think either side would ask or agree!

That being said, the problem is, if there is a contender out there they most likely already have a TE they want. I dont think the contract is a issue. I think the issue will be to find a spot on a team that will use him as a starter and not p!$$ of their starter already.

I understand why he wants to go and can respect the idea, but I dont really think the deal will get done. Also, if it does? I really dont think we will get what hes worth! He really IS our only proven talent on offense we have besides Bowe (only having 1 season) and LJ (before season ending injury). TG has been our only constant on offense!

The Chiefs will and would be crazy to give him up for draft picks other than 1st and 3rd or 4th!

garciakcfan
10-13-2008, 09:27 AM
they're talking about it on 810 radio, im streaming it live right now

Canada
10-13-2008, 09:33 AM
Tony does not need to worry about his wife if he goes to fubbalo, he needs o worry about me!!

wolfpack
10-13-2008, 10:01 AM
610,pfw are reporting today that the bills have offered a 3rd and a 6 for tony and the chiefs have taken it.

jtandcrew
10-13-2008, 10:07 AM
610,pfw are reporting today that the bills have offered a 3rd and a 6 for tony and the chiefs have taken it.

3rd and a 6th? If thats true, I am done with Carl and Herm! Which ive already been but, That will be a slap in the face for all Chiefs fans everywhere! TG is the face of the franchise! Also if this is true? Screw Clark also! A 3rd pick and a basic throw away? BS! :mob:

slc chief
10-13-2008, 10:17 AM
i am gone a week and all of this goes down i am hearing that the bills,giants,eagles and bucs have all been talking to the chiefs about the great tg

nigeriannightmare
10-13-2008, 10:17 AM
This can not be true. A 3rd and a 6th, that's a little on the cheap side for a hall of famer. Screw Carl, Herm, and Clark.

jtandcrew
10-13-2008, 10:22 AM
i am gone a week and all of this goes down i am hearing that the bills,giants,eagles and bucs have all been talking to the chiefs about the great tg

I havent heard anything about the eagles and bucs but anything is possible at this point

wolfpack
10-13-2008, 10:27 AM
it willbe more interesting to see if there is any takers and what he is worth on LJ.

wolfpack
10-13-2008, 10:29 AM
should have said if you want TG you have to take carl and hermmie. every stadium needs cleanup crews after the game.

throughthickandthin
10-13-2008, 10:30 AM
:sign0153:
If this is true let me be the first to say Good Luck Tony you will be missed by all, and as far as us, we're screwed.

wolfpack
10-13-2008, 10:36 AM
since we dont really have any threat other than bowe,teams will put nine in the box and double up on bowe. our rookie TE from Tenn. better devolpe real fast.

throughthickandthin
10-13-2008, 10:40 AM
Maybe Carl is more focused on the new stadium developments and ticket prices then managing a winning team. 3rd and 6th sounded like a good idea at the time lol. Way to go Carl!!
:sign0098:

jtandcrew
10-13-2008, 10:43 AM
Maybe Carl is more focused on the new stadium developments and ticket prices then managing a winning team. 3rd and 6th sounded like a good idea at the time lol. Way to go Carl!!
:sign0098:

At the time? What? When he was a unproven rookie? You have got to be kidding me! He is a future HOF'r! He has probably got 2-3 more GOOD years left in him. After that he will still be productive when needed. A 3rd and a 6th is a insult!

throughthickandthin
10-13-2008, 10:46 AM
At the time? What? When he was a unproven rookie? You have got to be kidding me! He is a future HOF'r! He has probably got 2-3 more GOOD years left in him. After that he will still be productive when needed. A 3rd and a 6th is a insult!

No that's not what I meant. 3rd and 6th is a great insult to not only Gonzalez but to every current and future HOF'rs. "3rd and 6th sounded like a good idea at the time" is something ol' Carl will be saying to himself so he can sleep at night.

jtandcrew
10-13-2008, 10:51 AM
No that's not what I meant. 3rd and 6th is a great insult to not only Gonzalez but to every current and future HOF'rs. "3rd and 6th sounded like a good idea at the time" is something ol' Carl will be saying to himself so he can sleep at night.

Oh, OK, sorry, but TG isnt going to care what the Chiefs get for him TBH

tornadospotter
10-13-2008, 10:54 AM
Oh, OK, sorry, but TG isnt going to care what the Chiefs get for him TBH
Yep if he wants traded, He wants to go to a team that can win the superbowl now.

throughthickandthin
10-13-2008, 10:56 AM
Yep if he wants traded, He wants to go to a team that can win the superbowl now.

You're both right and I hope that he does it. I can't think of any other pro that deserves to be on a winning team.

jtandcrew
10-13-2008, 10:58 AM

Well, like I said before. He and Chiefs will be hard pressed to find a continder to want him since if they are contending? Then either they already have their TE or dont really use 1 in their offense. I hope he gets to ATLEAST win a playoff game if not get a ring. I still dont like the move! Move a leader and not a problem/possible cancer?

throughthickandthin
10-13-2008, 11:04 AM
Well, like I said before. He and Chiefs will be hard pressed to find a continder to want him since if they are contending? Then either they already have their TE or dont really use 1 in their offense. I hope he gets to ATLEAST win a playoff game if not get a ring. I still dont like the move! Move a leader and not a problem/possible cancer?

Oh this is definitely bad for the Chiefs as an organization. Not only in the short term but thinking ahead, our rookies will never have a mentor like Gonzalez. After all who is left? I believe that is also part of Croyle's problem, other then being completely fragile he has no one to teach him how to play. A coach can only do so much every rookie needs a mentor.

jtandcrew
10-13-2008, 11:08 AM
Oh this is definitely bad for the Chiefs as an organization. Not only in the short term but thinking ahead, our rookies will never have a mentor like Gonzalez. After all who is left? I believe that is also part of Croyle's problem, other then being completely fragile he has no one to teach him how to play. A coach can only do so much every rookie needs a mentor.

Yes, ill take it 1 step further. We lost a great asset when we let Green go. If you watched him on sidelines when he was injured he did nothing but talk with Huard and Croyle. We are about to lose our best asset we have. TG understands the QB position about as much as any QB. If this all goes down? This will be a dark day for a LONG time in Chiefs history.

Seek
10-13-2008, 11:11 AM

I think a 3rd and 6th rounder is the best you will get. Tony has already said he will most likley retire in two years. Realistically, teams don't spend picks on short time players unless they feel he is the key to win a superbowl

throughthickandthin
10-13-2008, 11:11 AM
Yes, ill take it 1 step further. We lost a great asset when we let Green go. If you watched him on sidelines when he was injured he did nothing but talk with Huard and Croyle. We are about to lose our best asset we have. TG understands the QB position about as much as any QB. If this all goes down? This will be a dark day for a LONG time in Chiefs history.

I completely agree with the Green comment it's nice to finally meet another fan that doesn't laugh at me when I say that. It seems that so many fans put all of thier faith in Croyle when he was drafted that they can't stand to hear a foul word said about him.

throughthickandthin
10-13-2008, 11:15 AM
I think a 3rd and 6th rounder is the best you will get. Tony has already said he will most likley retire in two years. Realistically, teams don't spend picks on short time players unless they feel he is the key to win a superbowl

I think you're wrong and I'll explain. IF tony is traded to a true contender that doesn't choke in the first round of the playoffs or doesn't tank like we've been doing I've got him in for another 4 to 5.

m0ef0e
10-13-2008, 11:18 AM
3rd and 6th is stupid. Period. Anybody who would consider this needs to be institutionalized!

jtandcrew
10-13-2008, 11:21 AM

He WOULD be the key to any team competeing for the title. Look at what he has done with the Chiefs? Mainly with defensive minded coaches other than Vermiel? Any team would improve with him on their team!

I completely agree with the Green comment it's nice to finally meet another fan that doesn't laugh at me when I say that. It seems that so many fans put all of thier faith in Croyle when he was drafted that they can't stand to hear a foul word said about him.

I dont have ANYTHING nice to say about Croyle other than he has a strong arm. Hes not accruate and he makes alot of poor judgements on throwing the ball. I feel he was a wasted pick, at what? 3rd round I believe? We coulda traded for Shaub or a couple other guys that year. Though Carl and Herm were more worried about draft choices rather than quality. Look at Medlock! Im surprised they moved up to get Albert TBH!

balto
10-13-2008, 11:23 AM
Its also rumored that teh Packs are in teh bidding war.

Would you be ok with a Brohm for Gonzo trade?

throughthickandthin
10-13-2008, 11:24 AM
He WOULD be the key to any team competeing for the title. Look at what he has done with the Chiefs? Mainly with defensive minded coaches other than Vermiel? Any team would improve with him on their team!

I dont have ANYTHING nice to say about Croyle other than he has a strong arm. Hes not accruate and he makes alot of poor judgements on throwing the ball. I feel he was a wasted pick, at what? 3rd round I believe? We coulda traded for Shaub or a couple other guys that year. Though Carl and Herm were more worried about draft choices rather than quality. Look at Medlock! Im surprised they moved up to get Albert TBH!

I don't think that it would be necessary to bring up is interception records either. Even playing Croyle on Madden you can't keep the ball out of the defender's hands.
:lol:

slc chief
10-13-2008, 11:25 AM
I havent heard anything about the eagles and bucs but anything is possible at this point
Source: Chiefs willing to listen to offers for record-setting TE Gonzalez

ESPN.com news services

Updated: October 12, 2008, 4:53 PM ET

Comment (http://myespn.go.com/conversation/story?id=3638551)
Email (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3638551#)
Print (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/print?id=3638551&type=story)

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Tony Gonzalez (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=1231), the most productive tight end in NFL history, will be traded to a contender if the Kansas City Chiefs (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=kan) get the right price.
ESPN's Michael Smith first reported the fact Gonzalez was to be shopped Saturday.

A league source confirmed to ESPN that Gonzalez went to Chiefs GM Carl Peterson and inquired about a trade to a contender earlier this week.

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/10/34.jpg Gonzalez

Gonzalez, who holds the NFL tight end record for receptions, touchdown catches and yards receiving, is active in civic and charitable affairs and enjoys great popularity in Kansas City. He has always said he would like to end his career with the Chiefs, who drafted him in the first round out of California in 1997.
But the Chiefs (1-4) are rebuilding from the bottom up and not likely to contend for the Super Bowl any time soon. In spite of all his personal accomplishments, Gonzalez, 32, has never even won a postseason game.
He would like an opportunity to play in a Super Bowl and the rebuilding Chiefs would like to acquire extra draft picks.
The Buffalo Bills (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=buf), Tampa Bay Buccaneers (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=tam), Green Bay Packers (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=gnb), New York Giants (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=nyg), Philadelphia Eagles (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=phi) have been in contact with the Chiefs regarding Gonzalez.
The Giants traded tight end Jeremy Shockey (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=3542) to New Orleans last summer for Nos. 2 and 5 drafts pick in 2009. Shockey's replacement, Kevin Boss (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=10596), has been a disappointment even though the defending Super Bowl champs are undefeated.
Michael Smith is a reporter for ESPN. The Associated Press contributed to this report.

throughthickandthin
10-13-2008, 11:26 AM

Brohm has strong stats (college at least) and he isn't as fragile as Croyle or as weak minded as Huard. We're losing TG anyway might as well try anything at this point.

jtandcrew
10-13-2008, 11:30 AM

Id take Brohm and a 4th for TG if Brohm was going to be given a chance. Remember, Green was the starter and Herm took over and wanted Croyle the whole time to b the starter. So you never know whats in his mind! If we give up TG there better be a leadership change!

jtandcrew
10-13-2008, 11:30 AM
I don't think that it would be necessary to bring up is interception records either. Even playing Croyle on Madden you can't keep the ball out of the defender's hands.
:lol:

I only have Madden 05

wolfpack
10-13-2008, 11:33 AM
trade him to a team who has a good backup QB and maybe a 4th. we need a QB in the worst way.

throughthickandthin
10-13-2008, 11:34 AM
Id take Brohm and a 4th for TG if Brohm was going to be given a chance. Remember, Green was the starter and Herm took over and wanted Croyle the whole time to b the starter. So you never know whats in his mind! If we give up TG there better be a leadership change!

I would expect to be waiting a little while on the leadership change. We have been complaining for years to no avail, like someone said earlier today it seems like the Carl and Herm relationship runs a little deeper than we all think.

throughthickandthin
10-13-2008, 11:38 AM
trade him to a team who has a good backup QB and maybe a 4th. we need a QB in the worst way.

Regardless what happens we as true fans will never be satisfied for the trade we get for Gonzalez. He's a true player and I think you would be hard pressed to find any fan to think otherwise. Even though I believe that it's best for Tony's career it's a stake to the heart of the Chiefs.

m0ef0e
10-13-2008, 11:43 AM
It's official. We have now become the Royals of the NFL.

I could go compile a list of all the talent we have let go that has gone on to be successful with other teams. (Maybe sometime in the near future.)

The point remains that this team isn't getting it done and keeps shopping their talent to other teams. This is exactly what I've seen the Royals do for years. (I'll make another list.)

jtandcrew
10-13-2008, 11:45 AM

How do you know what a good back up is? If hes playing then hes obviously worth it. No one knew if Cassell would be any good and I think he is. Yeah he makes mistakes but not like Croyle does. Also, look at Garrard in Jacksonville? How long was he a back-up?

I would expect to be waiting a little while on the leadership change. We have been complaining for years to no avail, like someone said earlier today it seems like the Carl and Herm relationship runs a little deeper than we all think.

I think at end of season, if we dont win atleast 5 games then Carl is gone. Then Kuharich will take his place. Herm? I think he will still be here. If we cant play up to standards of what we did in the Denver game? Then I think Clark should clean house and start over. So far we have gotten our butts whipped in every game we have played! If I remember right, we were out run and out passed in that game ( I might be wrong)

throughthickandthin
10-13-2008, 11:48 AM
How do you know what a good back up is? If hes playing then hes obviously worth it. No one knew if Cassell would be any good and I think he is. Yeah he makes mistakes but not like Croyle does. Also, look at Garrard in Jacksonville? How long was he a back-up?

I think at end of season, if we dont win atleast 5 games then Carl is gone. Then Kuharich will take his place. Herm? I think he will still be here. If we cant play up to standards of what we did in the Denver game? Then I think Clark should clean house and start over. So far we have gotten our butts whipped in every game we have played! If I remember right, we were out run and out passed in that game ( I might be wrong)

IF we got rid of Carl I'd be willing to give Herm another chance. You gotta wonder how much Carl has tied his hands, even if I'm wrong what's another losing season?

jtandcrew
10-13-2008, 11:50 AM
IF we got rid of Carl I'd be willing to give Herm another chance. You gotta wonder how much Carl has tied his hands, even if I'm wrong what's another losing season?

Another LOSING season! I dont want to go through another early 80's! Croyle is starting to remind of Blackledge when we coulda had who? Marino, kelly...who else?

throughthickandthin
10-13-2008, 11:52 AM
Another LOSING season! I dont want to go through another early 80's! Croyle is starting to remind of Blackledge when we coulda had who? Marino, kelly...who else?

Your list could go on for a while. My only point is we've dealt with it for so long I don't even think we would notice. LOL

jtandcrew
10-13-2008, 11:58 AM
Your list could go on for a while. My only point is we've dealt with it for so long I don't even think we would notice. LOL

Im talking about that 1 draft. Yes, Carl didnt have anything to do with that 1 but, we draft Medlock over Crosby and then take in Rainer after Crosby unseated him? Give me a break! Id rather be competitive and maybe beat someone we shouldnt then go through another rebuilding mode. Remember Carl's 5 year plan 15 years ago? Carl makes decisions based on feelings when it doesnt come to putting asses in the seats! Like I said, Carl has made a killing putting mediocre teams on field and Herm has made a killing taking playoff (yes I know we snuck in) teams back to mediocrcy if not worse!

throughthickandthin
10-13-2008, 12:44 PM
Im talking about that 1 draft. Yes, Carl didnt have anything to do with that 1 but, we draft Medlock over Crosby and then take in Rainer after Crosby unseated him? Give me a break! Id rather be competitive and maybe beat someone we shouldnt then go through another rebuilding mode. Remember Carl's 5 year plan 15 years ago? Carl makes decisions based on feelings when it doesnt come to putting asses in the seats! Like I said, Carl has made a killing putting mediocre teams on field and Herm has made a killing taking playoff (yes I know we snuck in) teams back to mediocrcy if not worse!

I can see your point and I'll agree but do we give Herm another chance if we replace Carl?

Seek
10-13-2008, 12:48 PM
I think you're wrong and I'll explain. IF tony is traded to a true contender that doesn't choke in the first round of the playoffs or doesn't tank like we've been doing I've got him in for another 4 to 5.

I could be. I am just going off what he says. He has said many times that 2 years is his plan. He has a family now.

However, it is pretty clear he has a goal in sight. I think he has reached all but the one. If he goes to a team that does contend, he could play longer. If they win, he could retire then.

A general rule, is that when you draft someone with the first round, you expect 10 years of service from that player.

A second to 3rd rounder you expect at least 5. To think you can get more for a guy who may only play 3 more years is reaching.

Personally, I don't think a 3rd and 6th is worth giving up for TG. But that may be the best over realistically.

Seek
10-13-2008, 12:54 PM

If we get rid of CP, and don't hire someone already with the Chiefs to replace CP. I don't see Herm getting a chance to stick around.

That new GM will want and should bring in his own guy. Start the rebuild year one.

I might not have agreed with it then, but Herm should have stripped this team his first year here and then started the rebuild. You can blame DV for making this team old, but Herm pro-longed it by adding to it. That is unexcusable. I don't want our new GM making that same mistake.

throughthickandthin
10-13-2008, 12:56 PM
I could be. I am just going off what he says. He has said many times that 2 years is his plan. He has a family now.

However, it is pretty clear he has a goal in sight. I think he has reached all but the one. If he goes to a team that does contend, he could play longer. If they win, he could retire then.

A general rule, is that when you draft someone with the first round, you expect 10 years of service from that player.

A second to 3rd rounder you expect at least 5. To think you can get more for a guy who may only play 3 more years is reaching.

Personally, I don't think a 3rd and 6th is worth giving up for TG. But that may be the best over realistically.

IF whoever he is traded to wins the Superbowl then yeah I would say he'd retire but regardless of the pick that team gives up Tony Gonzalez would be the reason they won. A player of that size with that kind of skill how could he not be a key player in a championship? I mean he's playing with arguably some of the worst Quarterbacks in the league but he still manages to break records, c'mon I don't care who you are that's talent.

throughthickandthin
10-13-2008, 01:00 PM
If we get rid of CP, and don't hire someone already with the Chiefs to replace CP. I don't see Herm getting a chance to stick around.

That new GM will want and should bring in his own guy. Start the rebuild year one.

I might not have agreed with it then, but Herm should have stripped this team his first year here and then started the rebuild. You can blame DV for making this team old, but Herm pro-longed it by adding to it. That is unexcusable. I don't want our new GM making that same mistake.

I agree that a new General Manager would bring in someone else, but Herm has eluded several times in side conversations that he doesn't have a whole lot to do with team decision making. I'm not saying that Herm is completely innocent in the fall of the Chiefs but I would put the majority of the blame on Carl.

John from Hemet
10-13-2008, 01:01 PM
Hey whats up KC Fans bills fan here

We got a report on our boards today from that scout.com is reporting the bills offered a 3rd rounder for Tony G.

What are your thoughts on that? We are really in need of a TE.

Seek
10-13-2008, 02:05 PM

We got a report on our boards today from that scout.com is reporting the bills offered a 3rd rounder for Tony G.

It is not enough. Tony G is like our Brett Favre.. He is not just a TE. He has been our go to receiver for years. He has been a stud on and off the field. He is an ideal person to build every NFL player around.

slc chief
10-13-2008, 05:53 PM

you guys are in desperate need of a tight end i think tony might be enough to put you guys over the hump with a good d and running game and good line. i bet tony would tear it up for you guys but only a third rounder sorry not enough. i do not think people are realizing (other than us)how good of a tight end he is jeremy shockey could not hold tony's jock strap. he just has not been in a good offense of system the past two years

Canada
10-13-2008, 06:29 PM

My thoughts....fold you sh!tty team and move them to Canada where we can at least drink good beer while we watch your crappy team.

nigeriannightmare
10-13-2008, 06:35 PM
My thoughts....fold you sh!tty team and move them to Canada where we can at least drink good beer while we watch your crappy team.

Canada, what is your beer of choice north of the border??????

tornadospotter
10-13-2008, 06:50 PM
I am betting Cold beer.:D

Canada
10-13-2008, 08:32 PM

I drink Bud but it is brewed in Canada. It is a much different taste. I also like Guiness, Alexander Kieths, and Moosehead!

nigeriannightmare
10-13-2008, 10:15 PM
I drink Bud but it is brewed in Canada. It is a much different taste. I also like Guiness, Alexander Kieths, and Moosehead!

Talk to me cheech, I am also a Bud drinker how is it different and is it better and if it is better why?

Canada
10-13-2008, 11:03 PM
Talk to me cheech, I am also a Bud drinker how is it different and is it better and if it is better why?

I find the taste here (in Canada) is muc better. I find American beer to be really watery tasting. I am also not sure of the alcohol content of Bud in the US but I know I had no trouble putting away about 60 a day when I wa down there for the opener.

hardcorechiefsfan
10-13-2008, 11:12 PM
I find the taste here (in Canada) is muc better. I find American beer to be really watery tasting. I am also not sure of the alcohol content of Bud in the US but I know I had no trouble putting away about 60 a day when I wa down there for the opener.

I don't drink but when I want to pee I have a sip of someone's beer. I don't know about Budweiser but the taste of Sam Adams is excellent.

chief31
10-14-2008, 06:13 AM
A 3rd should be plenty. He is wasting away here. So, other than as a mentor, he has little value to this team.

I doubt there will be anything more offered than that anyway. Might as well let him go and deal with what we have.

I will admit that I would rather see him with just about any of the other teams that were mentioned though.

Canada
10-14-2008, 08:20 AM
A 3rd should be plenty. He is wasting away here. So, other than as a mentor, he has little value to this team.

I doubt there will be anything more offered than that anyway. Might as well let him go and deal with what we have.

I will admit that I would rather see him with just about any of the other teams that were mentioned though.

If you mean that about fubbalo then we are not frineds anymore!!

chief31
10-15-2008, 12:35 AM
If you mean that about fubbalo then we are not frineds anymore!!

That was any of the other (Other than Buffalo) teams that were mentioned. :lol: