PDA

View Full Version : Has TG Played his last game with the Chiefs?

jerhart
10-11-2008, 12:59 PM
Well, I thought it was all talk, but the ticker on ESPN said Michael Smith (I think) has reported TG's inquiry on being traded to a contender. I know there are threads on this, but they were turning the topic into a rumor. I am afraid it is not a rumor a real. I don't blame TG and hopes he gets on a team who can get him a ring. He has been loyal to the Chiefs and the fans. The trade deadline is Tuesday. Which means, if traded, TG Played his last game as a Chief....kinda of bummed, but like I said, he deserves to play on a contender and not on a JV team.

...if traded, what do you think he is worth?

gcsofa
10-11-2008, 01:10 PM
He is at least worth a 2nd rd pick! If the NYG are a team that is interested......they have two 2nd rd picks. I would push for both of their 2nd rd picks!!!!!!

Three7s
10-11-2008, 02:59 PM
He is at least worth a 2nd rd pick! If the NYG are a team that is interested......they have two 2nd rd picks. I would push for both of their 2nd rd picks!!!!!!
Normally, I'd agree, but TG has stated himself that he's probably gonna retire after next season. You don't give up two high round picks for a guy that isn't gonna be on your team long-term. I would LOVE to get just one 2nd rounder. I'd expect more like a couple of 4th rounders or a 3rd.

nigeriannightmare
10-11-2008, 06:06 PM
A player and a second round pick.

hermhater
10-11-2008, 06:07 PM
Personally I think he's got 3 or 4 good seasons in him.

He's stated that he's in the best shape of his life right now.

Complete change of diet and a new workout regimen.

Canada
10-11-2008, 06:08 PM

nothing less:bananen_smilies046:

hermhater
10-11-2008, 06:11 PM
I hope it's an O lineman.

Canada
10-11-2008, 06:13 PM
I hope it's an O lineman.

This is Herm we are talking about. He will probably trade him for a box of donuts and a cold glass of milk.

Apparently it is you who has learned nothing!!

Canada
10-11-2008, 06:15 PM
What about Cleveland for Quinn. Winslow is in hospital so they need a TE.

hermhater
10-11-2008, 06:25 PM
Yeah I heard about Winslow's swollen nuts.

Cleveland already turned us down, maybe this will change their minds.

nigeriannightmare
10-11-2008, 06:57 PM

I'd jump all over that, but I think it would have to be a 3 team deal to get Tony to a contender, unless you think Cleveland is a contender.

hermhater
10-11-2008, 07:07 PM
Way to bring me down nn.

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/

Coach
10-11-2008, 08:15 PM

I'd love a 2nd rd'er but we are only asking for a 3rd rd'er and the giants are only offering a 6th rd'er.

I'd prefer a good o-lineman over a 6rd draft pick. Even if it was for a short-term contract. We need to be able to assess Croyle this year.

I'm doubting that Cleveland is thinking playoffs anymore.

I'd jump all over that, but I think it would have to be a 3 team deal to get Tony to a contender, unless you think Cleveland is a contender.
Yep.

Canada
10-11-2008, 08:16 PM

Yeah, i thought about that after I posted.

hermhater
10-11-2008, 08:25 PM
This whole situation stinks.

I love rooting for my Chiefs, and always will, but this is a dark time.

jerhart
10-11-2008, 09:05 PM
This whole situation stinks.

I love rooting for my Chiefs, and always will, but this is a dark time.

Yup...Sucks, but he deserves a ring. Everyone knows that if there was just a SLIGHT chance of us being a contender this year...he would stay. Says a lot about the shape of our team if TG is wanting to jump ship.

...well IF TG leaves...I guess we will def be the youngest team in the NFL. I believe we were tied with the Packers with an average age of 24.7?

hermhater
10-11-2008, 09:10 PM
Yup...Sucks, but he deserves a ring. Everyone knows that if there was just a SLIGHT chance of us being a contender this year...he would stay. Says a lot about the shape of our team if TG is wanting to jump ship.

...well IF TG leaves...I guess we will def be the youngest team in the NFL. I believe we were tied with the Packers with an average age of 24.7?

Close...

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/youngestteam.jpg

Drunker Hillbilly
10-11-2008, 09:32 PM
Where are all the "cancer" posts? What, he wants out because he knows the team sucks??????

In jest but you get my point!!

Canada
10-11-2008, 09:39 PM
Where are all the "cancer" posts? What, he wants out because he knows the team sucks??????

I guess there is something to be said for how you go about doing things.

jerhart
10-11-2008, 10:13 PM
Close...

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/

Damn! Off by 0.87! Where did you dig up those stats? I was surprised I was even that close. :lol:

:sign0153: :owws:

hermhater
10-11-2008, 10:19 PM

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/word.gif

hermhater
10-11-2008, 10:20 PM
Damn! Off by 0.87! Where did you dig up those stats? I was surprised I was even that close. :lol:

I cannot reveal my sources...

jerhart
10-11-2008, 10:21 PM
:bananen_smilies046: Cheers to that...as long as the info from the sources are shared :bananen_smilies046:

Bike
10-11-2008, 10:22 PM

Yeah, I guess its not about how you get that ring, though. I would think it would be more rewarding for Tony to get his ring with the team he has played with for the last decade or so; rather than going to a
"pre-built" contender after all this time. But I guess if a trade will get him a ring.....

hermhater
10-11-2008, 10:24 PM
It would be much more rewarding, but TG has finally realized what I've been saying for some time now.

Herm has no chance at ever winning a ring and he is here to stay.

jerhart
10-11-2008, 10:25 PM
Yeah, I guess its not about how you get that ring, though. I would think it would be more rewarding for Tony to get his ring with the team he has played with for the last decade or so; rather than going to a
"pre-built" contender after all this time. But I guess if a trade will get him a ring.....

...well maybe he just wants a playoff win.... :D

..he doesnt have one of those either! :mob:

Bike
10-11-2008, 10:33 PM
...well maybe he just wants a playoff win.... :D

..he doesnt have one of those either! :mob:
Very sad. I guess I can understand TG wanting to get away from Carl; being he hasn't got to the superbowl in the 20 years he's been here.
What would be better if Carl got away from us, bring in Cowher, and get Tony his ring in 2010-2011 right here!!

Drunker Hillbilly
10-12-2008, 12:24 AM
I guess but this is now the 2nd time he has brought it up this season (once in preseason). I mean by now the whole team knows he doesn't want to be there. Hows that make them feel?

Bike
10-12-2008, 12:27 AM
I guess but this is now the 2nd time he has brought it up this season (once in preseason). I mean by now the whole team knows he doesn't want to be there. Hows that make them feel?
I'm beginning to think theres a lot more than just Tony who don't want to be here under Carl and Herm...

hardcorechiefsfan
10-12-2008, 12:41 AM

My Tony is worth more than 2 2nd rd picks!!!

Canada
10-12-2008, 08:33 AM

How long has he played and you are bringing up the 2nd time he has said something? That is your argument? What do you think is gonna happen here? I am gonna say LJ isn't a whiner? Not gonna happen. Now you are trying to convince me that TG is no a class act? Weak.

hardcorechiefsfan
10-12-2008, 08:52 AM
...if traded, what do you think he is worth?

You know something, Tony has been with the chiefs for so long that I doubt that it is in his vocabulary to ask to be traded. He is an honorable man, he is not going to ask for a trade behind the chiefs' back.
Anyway, I read something where in an interview he was asked about that; he said that he could but he won't so I believe that what you read is just a rumor.

jerhart
10-12-2008, 09:02 AM
You know something, Tony has been with the chiefs for so long that I doubt that it is in his vocabulary to ask to be traded. He is an honorable man, he is not going to ask for a trade behind the chiefs' back.
Anyway, I read something where in an interview he was asked about that; he said that he could but he won't so I believe that what you read is just a rumor.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3638551

wolfpack
10-12-2008, 09:17 AM
you know it bad when your teams icon wants out. thanks carl and that flunkie you call a coach. thank you tony for all those years i got to watch the greatest TE in history.

Drunker Hillbilly
10-12-2008, 09:56 AM
How long has he played and you are bringing up the 2nd time he has said something? That is your argument? What do you think is gonna happen here? I am gonna say LJ isn't a whiner? Not gonna happen. Now you are trying to convince me that TG is no a class act? Weak.
Not what I'm getting at at all! Just pointing out the fact that this happens every year on every team all year long. Somebody on any given team at all times is unhappy with what is going on! How about Jerry Rice? He was one of the BIGGEST whiners in the game if he didn't get the ball! Weird, they start throwing him the ball and look what happened!

All I'm saying is that it is sometimes good for a teams premier player to voice his displeasure once in a while. It fires things up! Look what happened the very next week. 198 and 2!!!! Then they revert back to 7 carries and they get the same ole results...an a$$ whippin! MOST of the time when you hear of a player complaining about not getting the ball, they are one of the best in the league at their position, which is the case with LJ and TG. How they go about it is just the personality of the individual but trust me, if you think TG is being all cookies and cream in that locker room, your mistaken and I would agree with everything either one of them said. It's BS the way this team is being run and they should speak out about it!!!!!!

jerhart
10-12-2008, 10:13 AM
...one of the teams interested in TG is Philly....

...I would def be for trading TG for Lito Sheppard. :sign0098:

wolfpack
10-12-2008, 10:55 AM
they`ll trade him for more draft picks.we need vets not rookies. say 4 to 6 years experence. but it dosent matter, till we get a coach.

m0ef0e
10-12-2008, 01:15 PM
nfl.com is reporting that the Giants have shown the most interest so far.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80b8ad5a&template=with-video&confirm=true

This breaks my heart!! :drunkhb::toast2::drunkhb::drunkhb::drunkhb::mob:: mob::mob:

Tony will always be a Chief to me.

wamchief
10-12-2008, 01:34 PM
Carl must go along with Herm!

okikcfan
10-12-2008, 03:30 PM
The latest word is not only is TG on the block but LJ as well.......Hmm

jerhart
10-12-2008, 04:00 PM

Where did you hear this....I would like to see LJ leave and make Jamal Charles are premier back.

okikcfan
10-12-2008, 04:35 PM
Fox Sports
MORE TRADE SCOOPAGE: In addition to Gonzalez, FOX Sports has also learned that in those calls, the Chiefs have also been offering star running back Larry Johnson as well, informing teams he could also be available for the right offer.

chief31
10-12-2008, 04:39 PM
Fox Sports
MORE TRADE SCOOPAGE: In addition to Gonzalez, FOX Sports has also learned that in those calls, the Chiefs have also been offering star running back Larry Johnson as well, informing teams he could also be available for the right offer.

Might as well.

hardcorechiefsfan
10-12-2008, 04:45 PM
Originally Posted by okikcfan http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/redbar/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?p=101062#post101062)

Where did you hear this....I would like to see LJ leave and make Jamal Charles are premier back.

Ok, jerhart, I read the article you sent in the link. I guess I didn't want to believe it. So LJ is up for sale too. I won't miss him, he seems to be playing only for himself. I say good riddance to Larry Johnson.
About Tony, I don't blame him for wanting to be a part of a superbowl team. He should be. But I believe he would stay with the chiefs if he thought they had a chance, he does have red chiefs' blood in him.

paulnyg
10-12-2008, 05:08 PM
As a Giants fan, the most I can see our team giving up would be a conditional third plus a late round pick. TE is a need on the team, but this would only make a strong team stronger, so its not an absolute necessity. If i was making the deal thou I'd give ONE of the two's, both would be absolutely absurd.

I don't think a deal will get done thou, cause the Chiefs would have to accept getting less then they want, and Giants would have to accept the fact they'd also have to give up more. And personally i don't think either GM will budge.

Here's an article about Tony Gonzalez (http://mysportsrumors.com/blog/2008/10/12/tony-gonzalez-on-the-block/) from my blog with my thoughts.

hardcorechiefsfan
10-12-2008, 05:10 PM
I predict that the chiefs won't even make it to the
play-offs For about 10-15 years if that because the kids that they will have after Tony and LJ leave won't know which hole to stick their thumb in - their mouth or their :sign0053:!!!!!
I doubt that Clark knows a thing about football, otherwise he would of thrown Carl and Hermie out on their :sign0053: !!!!!!!
:sign0053: yeah, I hope they all :sign0053: :sign0053: in :sign0053: with their :sign0053: in the :sign0053: of Clark Hunt!!

Yes I'm a little angry, can't you tell?

Canada
10-12-2008, 06:38 PM
You should bash the Chiefs then. 10-15 years...good call!

hardcorechiefsfan
10-12-2008, 11:03 PM
You should bash the Chiefs then. 10-15 years...good call!

Thank you, Canada

jtandcrew
10-13-2008, 10:21 AM
I predict that the chiefs won't even make it to the
play-offs For about 10-15 years if that because the kids that they will have after Tony and LJ leave won't know which hole to stick their thumb in - their mouth or their :sign0053:!!!!!
I doubt that Clark knows a thing about football, otherwise he would of thrown Carl and Hermie out on their :sign0053: !!!!!!!
:sign0053: yeah, I hope they all :sign0053: :sign0053: in :sign0053: with their :sign0053: in the :sign0053: of Clark Hunt!!

Yes I'm a little angry, can't you tell?

I think you are full of it! They will get there much sooner BUT, Clark is going to have to make some MAJOR changes. Carl has proven he is just wanting to make orgnization money, Herm cant coach and believes in the Cover 2 even though everyone knows how to attack it now, Chan is starting to prove he cant adapt a offense to who he has to play for him and (even though I love Gunther as a DC) maybe he has lost something as a coach.

After getting a GM that knows football as well as business rather than 1 that knows business rather than football? We are not going to get anywhere!

It will be WAY before 10-15 years!

throughthickandthin
10-13-2008, 10:53 AM
I think you are full of it! They will get there much sooner BUT, Clark is going to have to make some MAJOR changes. Carl has proven he is just wanting to make orgnization money, Herm cant coach and believes in the Cover 2 even though everyone knows how to attack it now, Chan is starting to prove he cant adapt a offense to who he has to play for him and (even though I love Gunther as a DC) maybe he has lost something as a coach.

After getting a GM that knows football as well as business rather than 1 that knows business rather than football? We are not going to get anywhere!

It will be WAY before 10-15 years!

Agreed and well said.

nigeriannightmare
10-13-2008, 01:31 PM
IF the trade to Buffalo, Tony G will have 1 mroe game at Arrowhead, Novemver 23. He better get the ovation he deserves.

jerhart
10-13-2008, 01:47 PM
IF the trade to Buffalo, Tony G will have 1 mroe game at Arrowhead, Novemver 23. He better get the ovation he deserves.

Oh I think there is no doubt he will get a standing ovation.
The coaching staff are the ones screwed up in the head, not us fans....well at least most of us. :bananen_smilies046:

throughthickandthin
10-13-2008, 01:49 PM
Oh I think there is no doubt he will get a standing ovation.
The coaching staff are the ones screwed up in the head, not us fans....well at least most of us. :bananen_smilies046:

Find me a fan that doesn't love the guy.

jerhart
10-13-2008, 02:09 PM
Find me a fan that doesn't love the guy.

....I was referring more towards fans being screwed up in the head....not saying they wouldnt give TG an ovation...I mean Herm and CP will give TG an ovation too, just saying MOST of us fans arent screwed up in the head like HERM and CP (ie having a mindset "It's Okaaaay") ....except for those Herm supporters. =c)

...wow I shouldnt have had to explain it to that depth ha.

ha and being competitive, I bet I could find a fan who doesnt care for TG....I have fans from 31 other teams to pick from ;c)

throughthickandthin
10-13-2008, 02:13 PM
....I was referring more towards fans being screwed up in the head....not saying they wouldnt give TG an ovation...I mean Herm and CP will give TG an ovation too, just saying MOST of us fans arent screwed up in the head like HERM and CP (ie having a mindset "It's Okaaaay") ....except for those Herm supporters. =c)

...wow I shouldnt have had to explain it to that depth ha.

ha and being competitive, I bet I could find a fan who doesnt care for TG....I have fans from 31 other teams to pick from ;c)

My comment was only meant to agree with you. The man isn't going to have a hard time getting the standing ovation he deserves or a respectful nod from the 31 other teams and thier fans.

jerhart
10-13-2008, 02:20 PM
My comment was only meant to agree with you. The man isn't going to have a hard time getting the standing ovation he deserves or a respectful nod from the 31 other teams and thier fans.

Yup! A true first Ballot Hall-of-Famer! :yahoo:

throughthickandthin
10-13-2008, 02:22 PM
Yup! A true first Ballot Hall-of-Famer! :yahoo:

The man has my vote

Canada
10-13-2008, 08:40 PM
I keep hearing Fubbalo fans on the radio talking about Tony being too old to play for them!! I am gonna be PISSED if he goes there.

Darth CarlSatan
10-13-2008, 09:26 PM

I agree; this is where we can pick up some better up-front protection, free-agent wise, and have another strategic spot for the 2009 Draft.

Unless someone knows different, I suspect LJ will finish the season as a Chief.
It's a sad day if true, but I suspect he'll enter the Hall as a Chief.

throughthickandthin
10-13-2008, 11:53 PM
I agree; this is where we can pick up some better up-front protection, free-agent wise, and have another strategic spot for the 2009 Draft.

Unless someone knows different, I suspect LJ will finish the season as a Chief.
It's a sad day if true, but I suspect he'll enter the Hall as a Chief.

So far LJ has been a waste of a hell of a lot of time and money. As far as I'm concerned he can go whenever they decide it's time. Then we can work on our O'line and maybe get a top ranked offense sometime in the next 4 years.

hardcorechiefsfan
10-13-2008, 11:58 PM

I thought that the last date to trade is Oct 14. How can he have one more game if he is traded?

I do love the guy, its going to hurt like a knife in my chiefs' heart when he is traded. But he deserves the chance for a SB contender.

chief31
10-14-2008, 05:32 AM
I thought that the last date to trade is Oct 14. How can he have one more game if he is traded?

I do love the guy, its going to hurt like a knife in my chiefs' heart when he is traded. But he deserves the chance for a SB contender.

If he gets traded to Buffalo, then he will come to Arrowhead and with The Bills, on Nov. 23rd.