PDA

View Full Version : Broadcasting Opportunity!!

fantalk
06-30-2007, 12:48 PM
We are currently building a network of internet radio stations dedicated to the fans of NFL teams. We want to create programming by fans, for fans. Our first station is already on the air and we hope to add programming for every NFL team.

Here is your opportunity to voice your opinions on your favorite NFL team as well as take calls from other fans!

For more information, contact Fan Talk Radio at info@fantalkradio.com (info@fantalkradio.com).
Or visit us on the web at www.fantalkradio.com (http://www.fantalkradio.com/)

Guru
07-01-2007, 07:34 PM
Isn't this the same thing that hit our board about 6 months ago?

Chiefster
07-01-2007, 07:36 PM
Isn't this the same thing that hit our board about 6 months ago?

Yep, but I thought that since we have a couple more members I'd leave it up just in case.

Chiefster
07-02-2007, 10:39 PM
I'm going to give this thread a week for someone to show a little interest in the broadcasting opportunity before closing the thread. Then if it should appear again in another thread it will be considered spam, the thread deleted and a fair warning given.

Admin, please let me know if the above is appropriate action.
Thanks!
-Chiefster

fantalk
07-02-2007, 11:13 PM
I'm going to give this thread a week for someone to show a little interest in the broadcasting opportunity before closing the thread. Then if it should appear again in another thread it will be considered spam, the thread deleted and a fair warning given.

Admin, please let me know if the above is appropriate action.
Thanks!
-Chiefster

Thank you for allowing the thread to remain here. I truly believe this is a great opportunity for a fan to voice his/her opinions. It is free to the host to sign up and there is no cost for streaming the show.

I look forward to hearing from a die hard Chiefs fan who is interested in broadcasting for their team. If no one responds, I accept the decision made by the moderator.

Thank you again to all the Chiefs fans at Chiefs Crowd!!

Chiefster
07-02-2007, 11:24 PM
Thank you for allowing the thread to remain here. I truly believe this is a great opportunity for a fan to voice his/her opinions. It is free to the host to sign up and there is no cost for streaming the show.

I look forward to hearing from a die hard Chiefs fan who is interested in broadcasting for their team. If no one responds, I accept the decision made by the moderator.

Thank you again to all the Chiefs fans at Chiefs Crowd!!

Thank you for the follow-up and know that there is nothing personal in my previous post; it is a bit of a tight rope that we walk at times when dealing with those who just post a link and then leave, but you seem genuinely interested in contributing to the board. So, I will certainly take all that you have said here into consideration, and do some consulting with the other mod and the Admin regarding the future of this thread. :)

fantalk
07-02-2007, 11:25 PM
Thank you for the follow-up and know that there is nothing personal in my previous post; it is a bit of a tight rope that we walk at times when dealing with those who just post a link and then leave, but you seem genuinely interested in contributing to the board. So, I will certainly take all that you have said here into consideration, and do some consulting with the other mod and the Admin. :)

Thanks again!

Chiefster
07-02-2007, 11:39 PM
Thanks again!

No problem.

chief31
07-03-2007, 09:10 AM
I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't make a great "voice of the Chiefs".

Chiefster
07-03-2007, 10:48 AM

LOL!

Nooooo; why with your voice of optimism.... :D

chief31
07-03-2007, 12:01 PM
LOL!

I'm sure people would be wondering why there were no Chiefs fans around, to defend them, fom me. LOL.

Guru
07-03-2007, 04:11 PM

Meh. Just get on there and after every radio replay say "Oooooooooooh BABY!!!! What a play!!!!"

Chiefster
07-03-2007, 05:16 PM
Meh. Just get on there and after every radio replay say "Oooooooooooh BABY!!!! What a play!!!!"

Or Dangit Carl!!!!!!

Coach
07-03-2007, 09:16 PM
LOL!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!

I could probably do it considering 95% of what I do is public speaking. Unfortunately, I have so many other time commitments, that it just isn't practical to do for free. If someone were to pay the users of this site via Chiefs T-shirts or hats, etc; I might consider it.

Chiefster
07-04-2007, 01:13 PM
LOL!!!!!!!!!!

I could probably do it considering 95% of what I do is public speaking. Unfortunately, I have so many other time commitments, that it just isn't practical to do for free. If someone were to pay the users of this site via Chiefs T-shirts or hats, etc; I might consider it.

I hear ya; I'm much better with written communication then I am with spoken communication when it comes to expressing my opinions; trouble is I'm not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed. LOL!

Heh! I called myself a tool.

chief31
07-04-2007, 01:41 PM
I hear ya; I'm much better with written communication then I am with spoken communication when it comes to expressing my opinions; trouble is I'm not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed. LOL!

Wow. I can't even imagine the "dribble". Lol.

Coach
07-04-2007, 01:42 PM

ROTFLOL

Guru
07-04-2007, 05:43 PM

ROTFLMAO

Chiefster
07-04-2007, 10:59 PM

LOL!!!

Chiefster
07-05-2007, 01:51 AM
If I thought I could devote the kind of time to this thing that would give it justice; I might would give it a shot.

Guru
07-05-2007, 01:53 AM
If I thought I could devote the kind of time to this thing that would give it justice; I might would give it a shot.

Umm, maybe not. :undwech:

Chiefster
07-05-2007, 02:01 AM
Umm, maybe not. :undwech:

LOL!!!!

fantalk
07-05-2007, 02:21 AM
LOL!!!!

I've been reading this thread with a lot of interest. I'm a little surprised that it's gone on this long, actually! LOL!! But...honestly, there isn't a lot of preparation time involved with a show like this. If you take calls from other fans, you can do a "call-driven" show where the fans direct the show and bring up the topics. Sure, there is always news to research and stories to follow, but it's not terribly time consuming.

On our first show, we've been lucky, honestly, since we have two hosts. That cuts in half the amount of research for each of us and it helps us in that we can always disagree and keep things interesting.

Just a few thoughts. I think any passionate fan can host a very good, successful show.

Chiefster
07-05-2007, 02:28 AM
A very interesting concept; I wish I could be the one to accommodate it. But I think I'll go ahead and leave this up; You contribute to the board and bring a possibility of gaining some real attention to the site. In my eyes that is not spam.

fantalk
07-05-2007, 02:41 AM
A very interesting concept; I wish I could be the one to accommodate it. But I think I'll go ahead and leave this up; You contribute to the board and bring a possibility of gaining some real attention to the site. In my eyes that is not spam.

Thanks again! One of the great things about forums like Chiefs Crowd is that people of all view points can get together and argue, debate and root for their favorite team. A show, like the one I'm proposing to the fans here, gives one more opportunity for fans to do the same - just in a different medium.

To tell you the truth, forums like this one also give the potential host of a show a built in audience from the moment they sign on the first time too! Then the show begins as a bit of a family affair as the support starts with the same gang of fans they have always known from the forum they frequent the most. In this scenario (one that played out with our flagship show) the forum we visited became the unofficial home for the fans of the show. It actually became a pretty cool deal for everybody.

I hope we find a fan here who is interested enough and who has the time to do a show. It would be cool to tie the two together in much the same way.

Thank you for leaving this thread up and running! Who knows? Maybe this is the start of a pretty cool partnership!

Chiefster
07-05-2007, 02:45 AM
Thanks again! One of the great things about forums like Chiefs Crowd is that people of all view points can get together and argue, debate and root for their favorite team. A show, like the one I'm proposing to the fans here, gives one more opportunity for fans to do the same - just in a different medium.

To tell you the truth, forums like this one also give the potential host of a show a built in audience from the moment they sign on the first time too! Then the show begins as a bit of a family affair as the support starts with the same gang of fans they have always known from the forum they frequent the most. In this scenario (one that played out with our flagship show) the forum we visited became the unofficial home for the fans of the show. It actually became a pretty cool deal for everybody.

I hope we find a fan here who is interested enough and who has the time to do a show. It would be cool to tie the two together in much the same way.

Thank you for leaving this thread up and running! Who knows? Maybe this is the start of a pretty cool partnership!

Glad to do it bud; and I too hope we can find the one fan here to put it all together for us! :)