PDA

View Full Version : LJ.

m0ef0e
10-15-2008, 02:49 PM
There are people everywhere (radio, internet, etc.) that have been down in the mouth about LJ saying he sucks, he's only as good as his line, etc.

Surely, LJ has laid some eggs this season. The game against Carolina was the worst stinker of his career.

However, since LJ is leading the AFC in rushing (8th in the NFL), I ask where the credit should lie. LJ? Or improvement up front? Is it a combination of the two?

My point is: You can be down on LJ for his character or whatever. Everybody is entitled to their opinion. But to say he sucks or is not a good running back while he leads the AFC in rushing over guys like LT is silly. JMHO

Three7s
10-15-2008, 02:51 PM
There are people everywhere (radio, internet, etc.) that have been down in the mouth about LJ saying he sucks, he's only as good as his line, etc.

Surely, LJ has laid some eggs this season. The game against Carolina was the worst stinker of his career.

However, since LJ is leading the AFC in rushing (8th in the NFL), I ask where the credit should lie. LJ? Or improvement up front? Is it a combination of the two?

My point is: You can be down on LJ for his character or whatever. Everybody is entitled to their opinion. But to say he sucks or is not a good running back while he leads the AFC in rushing over guys like LT is silly. JMHO
Well, LT is injured, so that's an unfair comparison. However, I don't think he's really that bad. Some people just want LJ out of here because he isn't a perfect citizen. Would you rather have T.O or Moss? How about Chad Johnson? LJ's horrible personality is nothing compared to those guys!

m0ef0e
10-15-2008, 02:53 PM
Well, LT is injured, so that's an unfair comparison. However, I don't think he's really that bad. Some people just want LJ out of here because he isn't a perfect citizen. Would you rather have T.O or Moss? How about Chad Johnson? LJ's horrible personality is nothing compared to those guys!

I agree completely. Rep.

Dyno-Mite
10-15-2008, 03:02 PM

I'd keep L.J. but there are some(probably you) who still think Jamaal Charles is the answer.Am I right or wrong 3,7's?:director:

hardcorechiefsfan
10-15-2008, 03:03 PM

LJ is injured? How and when?

Three7s
I'd keep L.J. but there are some(probably you) who still think Jamaal Charles is the answer.Am I right or wrong 3,7's?:director:
I dunno if Charles has the endurance to go 25-30 carries, but I do like that speed!

Three7s
LJ is injured? How and when?
LT is injured!

Darth CarlSatan
10-15-2008, 03:07 PM
quoteThree7s Well, LT is injured,

ALREADY?????

That tears it; LaDouchian IS the most overrated RB of the Millennium.

And as far as I'm concerned, he and LJ can go pimp 'Chunky Soup' together and somewhere far away from KC.

Three7s
10-15-2008, 03:09 PM
quoteThree7s Well, LT is injured,

ALREADY?????

That tears it; LaDouchian IS the most overrated RB of the Millennium.

And as far as I'm concerned, he and LJ can go pimp 'Chunky Soup' together and somewhere far away from KC.
He's still playing, but he isn't nearly as productive as he could be. Something with his foot.

wolfpack
10-15-2008, 03:44 PM
LJ maybe leading the afc as of 5 games but he isn`t worth no 45 mil.

m0ef0e
10-15-2008, 03:46 PM
LJ maybe leading the afc as of 5 games but he isn`t worth no 45 mil.

I agree with that.

Darth CarlSatan
10-15-2008, 03:46 PM
He's still playing, but he isn't nearly as productive as he could be. Something with his foot.

I think it's more likely that he hurt his vagina...

wolfpack
10-15-2008, 03:56 PM
LJ is still go but he just seems to run bored. he runs more into a pile and just seems to stop. Charles seems to want to bounce it outside more than LJ will. right now the way our offense is we need them both.

Darth CarlSatan
10-15-2008, 04:14 PM
LJ is still go but he just seems to run bored. he runs more into a pile and just seems to stop. Charles seems to want to bounce it outside more than LJ will. right now the way our offense is we need them both.

He's trying to make his name. And hell YES I think Charles can step right on in and get it done in LJ's place.
He can do it today, tomorrow, and every day for the rest of his NFL life.

Drunker Hillbilly
10-15-2008, 04:52 PM

I definitely think it's a combination of both! However, MOST of what happens on offense starts with the O line. We all know this! If our O line was mediocre, this thread would not exist and in fact the thread would be titled "LJ is the best in the league"! He would be dominating the entire league if the line was better and the Chiefs would have a much better record! The line has played decent one time this year and what happened? 198 and a TD or 2!!!! It really is that simple. Fix the O line and the entire offense is better!!!!

m0ef0e
10-15-2008, 05:22 PM
What do you guys make of the fact that Herm deliberately avoided two direct questions about LJ playing on Sunday? Think that may mean anything or was Herm just so frustrated that he couldn't even think or talk about LJ without things really getting out of hand?

Drunker Hillbilly
10-15-2008, 05:33 PM
What do you guys make of the fact that Herm deliberately avoided two direct questions about LJ playing on Sunday? Think that may mean anything or was Herm just so frustrated that he couldn't even think or talk about LJ without things really getting out of hand?
Personally I don't think this guy knows what to say about anything. He knows deep down that he has failed as the coach of this team! The only way LJ won't play is if he doesn't play him. Hell, he has only really played him once this year! You can't just give this guy the ball 7 or 10 times and expect him to go for 100!!! You just gave it to him more than anyone in the history of the game for god sakes!!! Does he not know of his college history? This guy is a work horse and needs the ball!!!! Don't worry about him getting hurt or about the future, it's all about now!!!!

m0ef0e
10-15-2008, 05:46 PM
Actually, if you are thinking about the future, you would want to play him a lot and him to play well. That way, if you are going to shop him, his trade value will improve.

Drunker Hillbilly
10-15-2008, 06:05 PM
Actually, if you are thinking about the future, you would want to play him a lot and him to play well. That way, if you are going to shop him, his trade value will improve.
I'm not one who is in favor of trading him. I just want them to fix the O line. FA is a great way to improve your line.It happens every year!!! He's a top 3 back for cryin out loud. Fix the line and your offense in immediatly better!

m0ef0e
10-15-2008, 06:16 PM
I'm not one who is in favor of trading him. I just want them to fix the O line. FA is a great way to improve your line.It happens every year!!! He's a top 3 back for cryin out loud. Fix the line and your offense in immediatly better!

I agree the line needs fixed. I still think LJ would be tops in the league with a decent line. I personally don't care if we trade him or not as long as we can get good value for him. Just to clarify my opinion some. :bananen_smilies046:

m0ef0e
10-15-2008, 06:44 PM
More of the same from Herm regarding LJ today:

Q: Any change in RB Larry Johnson’s status?

EDWARDS: “No, he practiced.”

Q: Is he going to play on Sunday?

EDWARDS: “He practiced, he did a good job practicing. I haven’t decided what I’m doing with anybody yet, but he practiced and that was good.”

Q: Are you looking at him any differently than you did three weeks ago?

EDWARDS: “He’s an active player. I don’t have to make that decision until Sunday.”

Q: Will your decision hinge on something that comes from the league?

EDWARDS: “Absolutely not.”

Q: So it’s your decision, not the league’s right now?

EDWARDS: “Yeah. Larry’s practicing. That’s all we need to know. I don’t need to make a decision on what happens with any player until Sunday.”

Q: Are you disappointed in Larry’s off-the-field issues?

EDWARDS: “That’s one of those deals that I have to deal with. That’s not for the public record, that’s just for me. There are some things that I believe in as a person and I have to deal with that. I live my life that way, regardless of the shield or not. I think you have to be a person of integrity. You have to live your life a certain way and if you’re in a leadership position, it’s very important to do that. Whether you’re a football coach or a parent, it doesn’t matter; it’s all the same to me. It all boils down to doing the right things on purpose. Sometimes you have to make some hard choices in life. If you decide to be a leader, if you decided to play in this league, there’s a big target on you. Sometimes players make mistakes and sometimes it’s not always what you read or hear. There’s two sides to a story. So I don’t get into that. I just know that I try to conduct myself in a manner where, when players look at me, what I say is what I do. I just think guys appreciate when you’re like this. You don’t change. I don’t change a whole lot. That’s kind of where I’m at.”

Q: Has he done everything you want around here?

EDWARDS: “He’s worked hard and prepared himself every week to play. That’s where that’s at.”

I don't know what's with the refusal to answer questions about LJ playing on Sunday. Things have been pretty weird at one Arrowhead Drive lately...

Canada
10-17-2008, 04:46 PM

LT is injured and it he is 1st in rushing in half the league. #8 out of 32 starting RBs is not all that much to brag about.

Bike
10-17-2008, 04:51 PM
More of the same from Herm regarding LJ today:

Q: Any change in RB Larry Johnson’s status?

EDWARDS: “No, he practiced.”

Q: Is he going to play on Sunday?

EDWARDS: “He practiced, he did a good job practicing. I haven’t decided what I’m doing with anybody yet, but he practiced and that was good.”

Q: Are you looking at him any differently than you did three weeks ago?

EDWARDS: “He’s an active player. I don’t have to make that decision until Sunday.”

Q: Will your decision hinge on something that comes from the league?

EDWARDS: “Absolutely not.”

Q: So it’s your decision, not the league’s right now?

EDWARDS: “Yeah. Larry’s practicing. That’s all we need to know. I don’t need to make a decision on what happens with any player until Sunday.”

Q: Are you disappointed in Larry’s off-the-field issues?

EDWARDS: “That’s one of those deals that I have to deal with. That’s not for the public record, that’s just for me. There are some things that I believe in as a person and I have to deal with that. I live my life that way, regardless of the shield or not. I think you have to be a person of integrity. You have to live your life a certain way and if you’re in a leadership position, it’s very important to do that. Whether you’re a football coach or a parent, it doesn’t matter; it’s all the same to me. It all boils down to doing the right things on purpose. Sometimes you have to make some hard choices in life. If you decide to be a leader, if you decided to play in this league, there’s a big target on you. Sometimes players make mistakes and sometimes it’s not always what you read or hear. There’s two sides to a story. So I don’t get into that. I just know that I try to conduct myself in a manner where, when players look at me, what I say is what I do. I just think guys appreciate when you’re like this. You don’t change. I don’t change a whole lot. That’s kind of where I’m at.”

Q: Has he done everything you want around here?

EDWARDS: “He’s worked hard and prepared himself every week to play. That’s where that’s at.”

I don't know what's with the refusal to answer questions about LJ playing on Sunday. Things have been pretty weird at one Arrowhead Drive lately...
I think Herm had this interview before he announced LJ's 1 week paid vacation..

m0ef0e
10-17-2008, 05:13 PM
I think Herm had this interview before he announced LJ's 1 week paid vacation..

yep.

m0ef0e
10-17-2008, 05:14 PM
LT is injured and it he is 1st in rushing in half the league. #8 out of 32 starting RBs is not all that much to brag about.

Well, it's a hell of a lot better than 32 out of 32.

Pro_Angler
10-17-2008, 06:33 PM
LJ as is MOST backs only as good as thier lines.. hell i thing savage is a better RB then LJ

Canada
10-17-2008, 06:45 PM
Well, it's a hell of a lot better than 32 out of 32.

true :bananen_smilies046: