PDA

View Full Version : Area flooding.

Chiefster
07-02-2007, 09:05 PM
30% of my home town (Coffeyville) is currently underwater; my wife's aunt and uncle and most everyone else who resides on the east side of town have lost all they had. Fredonia, a small rural community north of us was nearly wiped out and a few other area towns and cities were greatly affected as well. Prayers and well wishes would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks; and thank you for letting me share.

Coffeyville residents cope with major flooding
Posted By: Prashanthi Musapet (musapet@kjrh.com)
http://www.centralmediaserver.com/KJRH/news/weather/kansasflood.jpg
Authorities shut down the east side of Coffeyville after major flooding causes harmful conditions to area residents.

Officials issued a mandatory evacuation order with around 2,500 evacuated so far.

Some didn't follow the notice and firefighters had to conduct 50 water rescues.

The flood conditions were made worse when contaminants were found in the water.

The Kansas Department of Health and Environment are continuing to investigate the situation while a local refinery is being considered a possible cause.

Canada
07-02-2007, 09:11 PM
Hope everyone is alright. I would love to help, if there is anything I can do from the Great White North please let me know.

Chiefster
07-02-2007, 09:16 PM
Hope everyone is alright. I would love to help, if there is anything I can do from the Great White North please let me know.

Much appreciated my friend; if I hear of anything I will be sure to let you know. Our local hospital is currently having a clothing drive; I can get you a mailing address if you'd like.

Coach
07-02-2007, 10:20 PM
Wow. I didn't realize that the flooding was taking that place that far north. Please stay safe!

Chiefster
07-02-2007, 10:27 PM
Wow. I didn't realize that the flooding was taking that place that far north. Please stay safe!

Will do buddy; I actually have some good news. I just did a little recon and much of the water has already receded. On the down side I'm still cut off from my wife who went to take care of her physically disabled mom and we got cut off from each other. Hopefully the waters will recede enough there tomorrow for her to get back home.

Guru
07-03-2007, 02:32 AM
Prayers to all buddy. How did your home fair?

timbok
07-03-2007, 09:00 AM
my prayers go out to all of the plains..

chief31
07-03-2007, 09:16 AM
Wow, that is aweful. I hope everybody is O.k. and that things will improve, very soon.

Chiefster
07-03-2007, 10:40 AM
Prayers to all buddy. How did your home fair?

We were very fortunate that the flood waters never reached our home; it stayed about three blocks north of us and about four to five blocks east of us, and we're up hill from it in both directions.

The prayers and good thoughts are very much appreciated; Thank you. :)

Chiefster
07-03-2007, 10:43 AM
Wow, that is aweful. I hope everybody is O.k. and that things will improve, very soon.

Thanks; the good news is that as of yesterday the waters had receded about three blocks from what I could tell.

timbok
07-03-2007, 11:22 AM
thats awesome news bud..

chief31
07-03-2007, 12:09 PM
I hope that the rains will stay away, from you , for a while.

Chiefster
07-03-2007, 05:20 PM
thats awesome news bud..

Yeah, but now a main water line has broken and they're predicting that we'll be without useable water for about three days.

I hope that the rains will stay away, from you , for a while.

Me too buddy.

Guru
07-04-2007, 04:49 AM
We were very fortunate that the flood waters never reached our home; it stayed about three blocks north of us and about four to five blocks east of us, and we're up hill from it in both directions.

The prayers and good thoughts are very much appreciated; Thank you. :)

I knew there was a reason I enjoyed living in one of the highest areas of Topuka.

Chiefster
07-04-2007, 01:01 PM
I knew there was a reason I enjoyed living in one of the highest areas of Topuka.

No doubt; wished I was living there. :D

timbok
07-16-2007, 10:32 AM
how did everything turn out chiefster

Chiefster
07-16-2007, 03:45 PM
how did everything turn out chiefster

The river is back inside its banks and all seems to be dried out; although the extent of the damage won't fully be realized for years to come.

Thanks for yours and everyone's concern.

timbok
07-16-2007, 04:12 PM
your welcome chiefster..