PDA

View Full Version : LJ suspension......

Drunker Hillbilly
10-16-2008, 03:29 PM
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/10/43.jpg (http://www.nfl.com/teams/profile?team=KC)

Chiefs suspend RB Johnson for violating unspecified team rule

Associated Press

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Running back Larry Johnson will not play Sunday against the Tennessee Titans (http://www.nfl.com/teams/tennesseetitans/profile?team=TEN), a one-game penalty for violating team rules.
Kansas City coach Herm Edwards on Thursday refused to specify what rules the two-time Pro Bowler violated. But Edwards did say it had nothing to do with the charge of simple assault filed against Johnson this week.

Drunker Hillbilly
10-16-2008, 03:32 PM
Not sure what Herm is holding back but it sounds like the Chiefs may be trying to be proactive to show Goodell that they will deal with things so he doesn't.

wolfpack
10-16-2008, 04:19 PM
what if he is found not guilty? he hasnt even gone to court yet. i cant tell if he is guilty or someone taking alittle push and looking for $$$$. bull$hit,it has everthing todo with the assumed push.

Drunker Hillbilly
10-16-2008, 04:22 PM
what if he is found not guilty? he hasnt even gone to court yet. i cant tell if he is guilty or someone taking alittle push and looking for $$$$. bull,it has everthing todo with the assumed push.
Oh I agree 100% but Goodell has the league under his finger and obviously isn't afraid of throwing his power around.

texaschief
10-16-2008, 04:25 PM
This wasn't about the suit filed against him. He missed a meeting over the off week. I love that they're suspending his ***!!! With the youngest team in the league, these young players need to know that not even "SUPER STARS" can get away with this B.S.

Seek
10-16-2008, 05:06 PM
This wasn't about the suit filed against him. He missed a meeting over the off week. I love that they're suspending his ***!!! With the youngest team in the league, these young players need to know that not even "SUPER STARS" can get away with this B.S.

Is that what they are sayng. :sign0103:

Three7s
10-16-2008, 06:27 PM
Where'd you hear this? I haven't heard anything about him missing a meeting. The way Kietzman was talking, it was something that we would all laugh out loud about. He, apparently, knows, but can't say anything over the air.

Drunker Hillbilly
10-16-2008, 06:31 PM
Where'd you hear this? I haven't heard anything about him missing a meeting. The way Kietzman was talking, it was something that we would all laugh out loud about. He, apparently, knows, but can't say anything over the air.
I actually just saw it on ESPN. Scrolling at the bottom.

Miller
10-16-2008, 09:01 PM
Is that all it was about?..a missed meeting? I heard Kietzman too and thought it was something entirely different. I think that Herm is trying to not lose control of the team and LJ was the person that screwed up first, so he made a example of him.

Sn@keIze
10-16-2008, 09:38 PM
So penalize him and bench him when were NOT playing the only undefeated team......Dam you Herm!!!!

hardcorechiefsfan
10-16-2008, 10:10 PM
This wasn't about the suit filed against him. He missed a meeting over the off week. I love that they're suspending his ***!!! With the youngest team in the league, these young players need to know that not even "SUPER STARS" can get away with this B.S.It is all about accountabilty. LJ can't be allowed to think he is untouchable and I think it is a good example for the other players. No one player is "special" because it is all about the team. LJ has to follow rules.

So penalize him and bench him when were NOT playing the only undefeated team......Dam you Herm!!!!What makes you think that LJ would of been able to move an inch against the Titans' defense? Like I said, its all about the team. The chiefs are not about any one player although Tony G.'s record-breaking is shining now.

Sn@keIze
10-16-2008, 10:17 PM
The same thing that would move Kolby or Charles an inch.

Its the Titans D!.. We need all we got and then some.

Bike
10-17-2008, 01:27 AM
Is that all it was about?..a missed meeting? I heard Kietzman too and thought it was something entirely different. I think that Herm is trying to not lose control of the team and LJ was the person that screwed up first, so he made a example of him.
I think Herm has already lost this team...

jtandcrew
10-17-2008, 02:05 AM
Herm has already lost thisw teaam and should be replaced. LJ should be suspened for however many games the comish sees fit on top of what carl sees fit. His attitude has shown hes not a team player and im sorry we diddnt get a taker on him since were shopping Gonzales, Johnson and Surtain

Seek
10-17-2008, 09:01 AM
Herm has already lost thisw teaam and should be replaced. LJ should be suspened for however many games the comish sees fit on top of what carl sees fit. His attitude has shown hes not a team player and im sorry we diddnt get a taker on him since were shopping Gonzales, Johnson and Surtain

What is there to be lost. This team doesn't even know what found is. Other than LJ, Huard, Gonzalez and Waters, this team dosen't really know what a true NFL team feels like. Ironic that three of the four main vets on this team are already being phased out.

m0ef0e
10-17-2008, 12:00 PM
Not suspended... Inactive for Sunday. That's it.

If he broke rules, he broke rules. The Giants just did the same thing with Plaxico. Guess what, they won that game and dropped the next one when he came back.

LJ wouldn't win or lose this game for us. With LJ in or out against the Titans, we still need the first, second, and third year guys who will be playing to step up and have the best game of their young careers.

Bike
10-17-2008, 03:33 PM
I wish I could get 'deactivated' for a week at work.
LJ still getting paid!! How awesome is Herm??!!

chief31
10-18-2008, 11:01 AM
What is there to be lost. This team doesn't even know what found is. Other than LJ, Huard, Gonzalez and Waters, this team dosen't really know what a true NFL team feels like. Ironic that three of the four main vets on this team are already being phased out.

Five. Donnie Edwards.

Seek
10-19-2008, 09:34 AM
Five. Donnie Edwards.

I don't really consider him a main Vet, but none the less he is also being phased out.

I guess we could include DJ and Colquit.

jtandcrew
10-20-2008, 10:03 AM

I think phased out is the wrong phrase to use. LJ is not a team player and Carl screwed up by even drafting him since his personality totatally sucks! Huard was going to be out anyways of his age and is getting more fragile also. He also doesnt have the accuracy and or arm strength he did even a year ago. So I guess you can say Huard is being phased out. Gonzales asked for the trade. Waters will go out like Shields and Roaf did...on his own terms. I think its more of 1 (unless you count Edwards) maybe 2 are being phased out. As far as DJ and Colquitt? If they even got mentioned in leaving then I will lose what little respect for anything goes down at 1 Arrowhead Dr! Aweful funny that after we are going to help build the "new Arrowhead" We get this type of team, coaching and leadership!

DMN
10-20-2008, 07:29 PM
I wish I could get 'deactivated' for a week at work.
LJ still getting paid!! How awesome is Herm??!!

Oh you guys haven't heard? The secret reason LJ was deactivated was to work on a new play that chan drew up. It is called the Nightclub Dive and it is ran out the I. Cox is spelled with the fastest cheerleader the chiefs have and LJ chases after her to hit her. Trick is she has to make it to the end zone before he does....

I feel completely defeated as a chiefs fan.....

jtandcrew
10-21-2008, 10:18 AM
Oh you guys haven't heard? The secret reason LJ was deactivated was to work on a new play that chan drew up. It is called the Nightclub Dive and it is ran out the I. Cox is spelled with the fastest cheerleader the chiefs have and LJ chases after her to hit her. Trick is she has to make it to the end zone before he does....

I feel completely defeated as a chiefs fan.....

:lol: :funnypost: