PDA

View Full Version : Croyle gone for the year

kcvet
10-19-2008, 03:19 PM
I didn't hear what the injury was but that's it for Edwards wonder boy. guy's made a glass. that should be career ending. will Edwards/CP move on???? :wheelchair: :wheelchair:

ASDF
10-19-2008, 03:27 PM
Call me evil but I was happy when I heard that.

bigkcman
I knew when they drafted him it was a bad move, he stayed hurt in college, he is the biggest wuss I ever seen.

greg3564
I didn't hear what the injury was but that's it for Edwards wonder boy. guy's made a glass. that should be career ending. will Edwards/CP move on???? :wheelchair: :wheelchair:

Huard replaced by Thigpen after what appears to be a hand injury. I don't see how any QB can survive a season behind that horrendous line. One play after another, defenders are busting through there. I can't believe what the Chiefs have become. Ugh! :mob:

greg3564
10-19-2008, 03:29 PM
I knew when they drafted him it was a bad move, he stayed hurt in college, he is the biggest wuss I ever seen.

Looks like the "wuss" blew out his knee. What a "wuss." Only a "wuss" tears his knee out in the NFL. :iamwithstupid:

kcvet
10-19-2008, 03:34 PM
they said KC has not had back to back shut outs since moving here. :beer:

nigeriannightmare
10-19-2008, 03:36 PM
We might need to start the direct snanp thing to a running back, cuz we b running out of qb's. !

PawnshopMarimba
10-19-2008, 03:37 PM
Nice toss from Thigpen (for once) *should* keep us from getting shut out again....
*stares down Nick Novac*

kcvet
10-19-2008, 03:44 PM
1st and goal from the 1 AND its a FG .........GOOD !!!!!!:sign0098:

PawnshopMarimba
10-19-2008, 03:47 PM
At least Nicky can hit the gimmies....

kcvet
10-19-2008, 04:15 PM
CBS claims were the worst in the NFL. but hold here. Cincy is 0-7. hmmmmm

greg3564
10-19-2008, 04:19 PM
CBS claims were the worst in the NFL. but hold here. Cincy is 0-7. hmmmmm

Yeah, but we are definitely in the bottom 2 or 3 teams right now.

ASDF
10-19-2008, 04:20 PM
1st and goal from the 1 AND its a FG .........GOOD !!!!!!:sign0098:

Herm needed to put something on the board to avoid two shut outs back to back. Selfish twat.

kcvet
10-19-2008, 04:22 PM
wow !!! everone in the division lost today. is this game rigged ???!!!!:sign0153:

okikcfan
10-19-2008, 04:23 PM
Herm needed to put something on the board to avoid two shut outs back to back. Selfish twat.
BC has been gone for most of the season already, so what is really going to change?:drunkhb:

hardcorechiefsfan
10-19-2008, 05:58 PM
I didn't hear what the injury was...

I remembered seeing a shot of Brodie going to the lockerroom(I assume) on crutches with a brace covering his left leg.

...guy's made a glass. :wheelchair: :wheelchair:

As far as brodie's breakability, HE DOES NOT HAVE AN O-LINE TO PROTECT HIM! DUHHHHH!

Bike
10-19-2008, 06:04 PM
Yeah but Brodie can't take a hit. He's done in the NFL.

kcvet
10-19-2008, 06:04 PM
I remembered seeing a shot of Brodie going to the lockerroom(I assume) on crutches with a brace covering his left leg.

As far as brodie's breakability, HE DOES NOT HAVE AN O-LINE TO PROTECT HIM! DUHHHHH!

niether did Green his last few years here. but far more durable than than the glass man !!!!

Three7s
10-19-2008, 06:39 PM
niether did Green his last few years here. but far more durable than than the glass man !!!!
I'll agree that Green was injury prone, but saying "years" is stupid. He had the best O-line that CP could buy until 06.

wants to win
10-19-2008, 06:46 PM
No QB, No OL, No HC, No GM and an owner with no balls. Poor Poor Lamar.

kcvet
10-19-2008, 07:47 PM
I'll agree that Green was injury prone, but saying "years" is stupid. He had the best O-line that CP could buy until 06.

and he still took a beatin' and came back. I said his last few years. and don't call me stupid, stupid

nigeriannightmare
10-19-2008, 08:00 PM
With all that we know, mainly Herm not going anywhere. When will enough be enough. We r still missing a qb, which is Herm's guy. Brodie was his pick, his project. Back to the drawing boards, which puts us at 2 or 3 years down the road before we r competitive again. Given the young guys will stick around. But damn, Clark must have a glass vagina to match Brodie's.

Three7s
10-19-2008, 08:01 PM
and he still took a beatin' and came back. I said his last few years. and don't call me stupid, stupid
I, almost, forgot that he even played after the 06 season since he was injured for almost all of it because of the bad O-line. So forgive me for that! Btw, I wasn't calling you stupid, just what you said at the time seemed stupid to me. Again, no hard feelings. :bananen_smilies046:

kcvet
10-19-2008, 08:59 PM
I, almost, forgot that he even played after the 06 season since he was injured for almost all of it because of the bad O-line. So forgive me for that! Btw, I wasn't calling you stupid, just what you said at the time seemed stupid to me. Again, no hard feelings. :bananen_smilies046:

none at all. they have to get away from this 5 step drop with this bad line. and their still doing it. hence the reason these QB's are eating dirt or off to the hospital. they should be doing at most a 3 step drop and let it fly. or run away from the pressure. these D's lick their chops. their playing a bad O line with a 5 step drop. hell !!! I'd stack the box to and go get him to. a hurry up O would help big time. keep their D from making changes. we see other teams use it. and very effectively. get in a rhythm.. have you ever seen KC run a hurry up???? no me. not ever. you adapt. modify to the changes. but Edwards is stuck on stupid. I just simply don't get it. he still wants to put points on the board and let the D win it. jezzz:confused: :confused:

Hayvern
10-19-2008, 09:03 PM
Well being one of the guys that supported Croyle here and wanted to see what he could do, I am not ready to say that I think the man is done. He cannot even play a half a game of football without getting injured.

We need that first rounder for a good QB this offseason

TRB05
10-19-2008, 09:34 PM
I don't know if anyone here listens to Soren Petro but there is a repeat caller that has been pushing his case for the Chiefs to sign Joey Harrington. He calls once a week or so and is generally mocked by the host.

I now see the positive in Harrington. He played for a long time behind an awful O-Line and wasn't hurt. He at least played.

SIGN HARRINGTON!!!!!!!!!

(BTW My tongue is firmly planted in my cheek)

Drunker Hillbilly
10-20-2008, 02:47 AM
wow !!! everone in the division lost today. is this game rigged ???!!!!:sign0153:
Uhhhhhhhh, the Raiders won!!!!

JMDChiefs58
10-20-2008, 07:55 AM
This Croyle experiment should be over. The guy is to fragile and should be playing golf instead of football. Even when healty , I've not seen anything from Croyle that would lead me to believe he is going to be a good NFL QB. This team desperately needs a QB.

jtandcrew
10-20-2008, 09:28 AM
This Croyle experiment should be over. The guy is to fragile and should be playing golf instead of football. Even when healty , I've not seen anything from Croyle that would lead me to believe he is going to be a good NFL QB. This team desperately needs a QB.

12 career starts = 4 injuries and this 1 for the year! Also still without his 1st career win! Enough said!

Seek
10-20-2008, 10:24 AM
There is no question. Croyle just can't play every down in the NFL. He wasn't looking bad either, but you just can't rely on a fragile QB.

He could be a very viable back up, but that is it.

chief31
10-21-2008, 05:08 AM
I have never see Croyle get a chance to play, nor stay healthy. He has been on Herms team since he got drafted.

m0ef0e
10-21-2008, 12:59 PM
Even if he could stay healthy, Croyle is scared to throw down field. He takes the check-down every time. I don't want a QB that is scared to make plays.

chief31
10-22-2008, 12:30 AM
Even if he could stay healthy, Croyle is scared to throw down field. He takes the check-down every time. I don't want a QB that is scared to make plays.

Any QB will learn to be scared, when they play behind our o-line for a bit. So you want Bruce Banner?:D

m0ef0e
10-22-2008, 12:57 PM
Any QB will learn to be scared, when they play behind our o-line for a bit. So you want Bruce Banner?:D

If we could make a few plays down the field and start moving the football, the o-line would gain confidence and maybe improve. This offense can't have faith in playing for a leader who won't throw more than 5 yards and can't stay on the field for 2 quarters.

NEWS FLASH: Brodie Croyle sucks. I said it last year when I was pulling for Huard. When I had no choice but to watch him take the reigns this year, I supported him and hoped he would do well. But I still knew he sucks.

yashi
10-22-2008, 01:26 PM
Croyle has been far and away the best QB on the team this year in the limited time he played... 20/29 with no interceptions.

Honestly, I don't think he sucks.. and I don't think anyone can say for certain that he does. What would happen if he was behind Denver's offensive line? or the Browns line? If only we could rewind our O-Line, I'd love to see him get a chance behind the likes of Shields, Roaf, Waters, and Wiegmann, minus the Herm Edwards brainwash of any pass that goes further than 5 yards is a bad one.

The dude has a rocket arm, and would probably be much more accurate and decisive if he didn't have to go into every play worrying about being killed from his blind side. Croyle to Bowe could have been a great thing to see for years, in my opinion.

m0ef0e
10-22-2008, 04:39 PM
Croyle has some of the worst accuracy on the run of any QB I have ever seen and he is too small/frail to be a pocket passer. He can't stand tall, step up, and take a hit. Why?? Because he gets injured.

20/29... SO FREAKING WHAT???? He's 0-8 as a starter, has a paltry average of 5.4 yards per attempt over his career, has been injured 4 times in 12 games.

In those 12 games, he has thrown only 6 TD's and 8 picks, fumbled the ball 4 times, and been sacked 19.

He has a career rating of 67.5. Yes, Brodie Croyle does, in fact, SUCK.

While Damon Huard hasn't really been any better than Croyle this season, he has been able to at least play consecutively and consistently. I'm not going to list all of Damon's stats here but they are better than Croyle's.

Brodie was never the guy and this failed experiment was doomed from the start. A few on this board saw it last year when he and Damon were battling for the starting spot last year. Now, its absolutely undeniable. Croyle is awful. Anybody that thinks otherwise is deceiving theselves, sorry.

I feel bad for Brodie and certainly don't wish him ill but I'm glad we can finally move on from this abortion.

tornadospotter
10-22-2008, 04:40 PM
Huard is done for the year also. Placed on IR.

m0ef0e
10-22-2008, 04:47 PM
Huard is done for the year also. Placed on IR.

Yeah, I know. I was just mentioning Huard because there have been many people on this site who were trashing him (even after he performed admirably in Green's absence).

Meanwhile, many of those same people were firmly planted on the Croyle bandwagon. (Somebody even dared label him the next coming of Joe Montana).

:lol::lol::lol:

The point is, last year in the preseason, there was a giant flame war between members on this site that were either pro-Huard or pro-Croyle to get the starting position in 2007. And it went on for months. I guess what I'm doing here is a little bit of "I told you so" now that this test-tube quarterback experiment is finally done.

(Let me be clear in saying that Damon is not the guy, either. I don't even really want him for a back-up next season.)

chief31
10-23-2008, 01:11 AM
If we could make a few plays down the field and start moving the football, the o-line would gain confidence and maybe improve. This offense can't have faith in playing for a leader who won't throw more than 5 yards and can't stay on the field for 2 quarters.

NEWS FLASH: Brodie Croyle sucks. I said it last year when I was pulling for Huard. When I had no choice but to watch him take the reigns this year, I supported him and hoped he would do well. But I still knew he sucks.

You must be joking. How do you make plays down the field, with no protection? Our Qbs have three choices.

1.) Play 'Hot Potato' with the football.

This means get the ball, then get rid of right now, no matter where it goes.

2.) Make a couple of reads, and get labeled injury-prone.

This is primarily what we have been seeing. QBs trying to do what a QB does, but without the protection that is required to do the job.

3.) Fake an injury, so you don't have to go out there.

This is the wise option. Some have guessed that Damon Huard has done this. I hope he is smart enough to do that.

Funny, the way, after the news comes out that Croyle is done for the season, leaving the job to Huard, now Huard is out too?

I bet he heard that he was going to be the new tackling dummy for Herm, and had his wife run over his hand.

Yeah, I know. I was just mentioning Huard because there have been many people on this site who were trashing him (even after he performed admirably in Green's absence).

Meanwhile, many of those same people were firmly planted on the Croyle bandwagon. (Somebody even dared label him the next coming of Joe Montana).

:lol::lol::lol:

The point is, last year in the preseason, there was a giant flame war between members on this site that were either pro-Huard or pro-Croyle to get the starting position in 2007. And it went on for months. I guess what I'm doing here is a little bit of "I told you so" now that this test-tube quarterback experiment is finally done.

(Let me be clear in saying that Damon is not the guy, either. I don't even really want him for a back-up next season.)

If you remember correctly, I was also very big on defending Huard. And the reason I cited was because that o-line was no place to put your "QBOTF".

Dyno-Mite
10-23-2008, 12:12 PM
Croyle has been far and away the best QB on the team this year in the limited time he played... 20/29 with no interceptions.

Honestly, I don't think he sucks.. and I don't think anyone can say for certain that he does. What would happen if he was behind Denver's offensive line? or the Browns line? If only we could rewind our O-Line, I'd love to see him get a chance behind the likes of Shields, Roaf, Waters, and Wiegmann, minus the Herm Edwards brainwash of any pass that goes further than 5 yards is a bad one.

The dude has a rocket arm, and would probably be much more accurate and decisive if he didn't have to go into every play worrying about being killed from his blind side. Croyle to Bowe could have been a great thing to see for years, in my opinion.

CRoyle to D-rainbow still is a likely option to see for years to come.I hope we keep hope and supply him with more offensive line help because he is a talented quarterback.Geesh,he never got a chance to even play a full game with L.J. in it.I wouldn't take a chance of drafting another quarterback.

nigeriannightmare
10-23-2008, 12:46 PM
CRoyle to D-rainbow still is a likely option to see for years to come.I hope we keep hope and supply him with more offensive line help because he is a talented quarterback.Geesh,he never got a chance to even play a full game with L.J. in it.I wouldn't take a chance of drafting another quarterback.

Hard to fininsh a game when you can't take a hit. Not calling him a wuss, but the hits that have been laid on him haven't been that brutal. He just has bad luck and has been injury prone since his days of Alabama. He spent half his career injured there as well. It's God's way of saying give up football. Shoulda, coulda, woulda, but the kid is done. He had hs shot.

Dyno-Mite
10-23-2008, 04:39 PM
Hard to fininsh a game when you can't take a hit. Not calling him a wuss, but the hits that have been laid on him haven't been that brutal. He just has bad luck and has been injury prone since his days of Alabama. He spent half his career injured there as well. It's God's way of saying give up football. Shoulda, coulda, woulda, but the kid is done. He had hs shot.

You don't know for sure if he is done as a Chief.

m0ef0e
10-23-2008, 06:59 PM
You must be joking. How do you make plays down the field, with no protection? Our Qbs have three choices.

1.) Play 'Hot Potato' with the football.

This means get the ball, then get rid of right now, no matter where it goes.

This is primarily what we have been seeing. QBs trying to do what a QB does, but without the protection that is required to do the job.

3.) Fake an injury, so you don't have to go out there.

This is the wise option. Some have guessed that Damon Huard has done this. I hope he is smart enough to do that.

Funny, the way, after the news comes out that Croyle is done for the season, leaving the job to Huard, now Huard is out too?

I bet he heard that he was going to be the new tackling dummy for Herm, and had his wife run over his hand.

If you remember correctly, I was also very big on defending Huard. And the reason I cited was because that o-line was no place to put your "QBOTF".

Big Ben has been getting sacked 3.5 times per game and still makes plays downfield.

Canada
10-23-2008, 10:21 PM

Do you know what injury prone means? It means a guy who is prone to being injured. We have three QBS and for some reason one of them has been called injury prone. Do you think it might have to do with the fact that he has been injured since high school? I mean somehow Hurad and Thigpen have played behind the same O line without nearly as many injuries. But I guess we can keep blaming it on the protection. :bananen_smilies046:

PawnshopMarimba
10-24-2008, 01:49 AM

Croyle's been injury prone his entire career. The KC Star demonstrated this to us. A QB taking a hit always sucks, but Huard, at his ripe age, didn't get injured with every hit. Nor has Thigpen. The offensive line's play has been unacceptable, but even if they were good, there's no point in having a guy that gets hurt every time he gets hit on the roster.

jtandcrew
10-24-2008, 04:13 AM
Im not trying to defend Croyle since I didnt even like it when the Chiefs picked him. Although, after taking as many hits as he did, I cant blame him for being hurt again. That being said, if we keep him he should be nothing more than a backup. Huard will be gone after this year to either retirement or just let go. We are putting all eggs in 1 basket with Croyle, Thigpen and the new guy. I really think that after we see how Croyles injury heals Herm will name him the starting QB next year depending on how everyone else does in camp.

nigeriannightmare
10-24-2008, 12:23 PM
Do you know what injury prone means? It means a guy who is prone to being injured. We have three QBS and for some reason one of them has been called injury prone. Do you think it might have to do with the fact that he has been injured since high school? I mean somehow Hurad and Thigpen have played behind the same O line without nearly as many injuries. But I guess we can keep blaming it on the protection. :bananen_smilies046:

Exactly. Brodie just happens to get hurt, a lot.

nigeriannightmare
10-24-2008, 12:26 PM
You don't know for sure if he is done as a Chief.

He's done, take a picture, right it down, he's done as a chief.

Canada
10-24-2008, 02:34 PM
Im not trying to defend Croyle since I didnt even like it when the Chiefs picked him. Although, after taking as many hits as he did, I cant blame him for being hurt again. That being said, if we keep him he should be nothing more than a backup. Huard will be gone after this year to either retirement or just let go. We are putting all eggs in 1 basket with Croyle, Thigpen and the new guy. I really think that after we see how Croyles injury heals Herm will name him the starting QB next year depending on how everyone else does in camp.

I would agree with you if this were a problem that was limited to just his NFL career, but he was hurt in HS and college too. Sometimes a guy just can't take a hit.

m0ef0e
10-24-2008, 02:44 PM

No way. :mob::mob::mob::mob:

Bike
10-24-2008, 05:44 PM
I want Stafford. Unfortunately, nobody here to groom him....

chief31
10-24-2008, 10:52 PM

How many times, in the past two seasons, has Huard been injured? Pulled from a game for it? Held from a start for it? Huard has suffered more injuries than Croyle, since the beginning of last season. Huard - 4, Croyle - 3.

Severity could be discussed, but since Croyle told us he wasn't ready to play this last game, I think being forced to play injured could probably account for some of that.

I won't say that Croyle is not injury-prone. All I can say is that all QBs seem to be injury-prone when playing for Herm, and I don't think that is just bad luck.

m0ef0e
10-25-2008, 02:36 AM
How many times, in the past two seasons, has Huard been injured? Pulled from a game for it? Held from a start for it? Huard has suffered more injuries than Croyle, since the beginning of last season. Huard - 4, Croyle - 3.

Severity could be discussed, but since Croyle told us he wasn't ready to play this last game, I think being forced to play injured could probably account for some of that.

I won't say that Croyle is not injury-prone. All I can say is that all QBs seem to be injury-prone when playing for Herm, and I don't think that is just bad luck.

You have a point. However, Croyle's career has taken a serious setback (if you will) during his tenure under Herm- as you have so often opined...

Croyle not only has to overcome the physical trauma of so many injuries and surgeries, but also has to come back and think twice about stepping up in the pocket to deliver that gamebreaker while taking that shot to the chin... he's scared to go deep/make mistakes whatever... he's not franchise... he's 3rd string.

chief31
10-25-2008, 02:38 AM
You have a point. However, Croyle's career has taken a serious setback (if you will) during his tenure under Herm- as you have so often opined...

Croyle not only has to overcome the physical trauma of so many injuries and surgeries, but also has to come back and think twice about stepping up in the pocket to deliver that gamebreaker while taking that shot to the chin... he's scared to go deep/make mistakes whatever... he's not franchise... he's 3rd string.

I can't concede that. But will definitely agree to the vast likelihood.... now.

jtandcrew
10-25-2008, 08:52 AM
Fact of the matter is...Huard and Croyle are injury prone and the O-line does suck! We just have to hope Thigpen is a little more sturdy at that position. We will see how he does Sun since we all know he is going to take some hits. Saying that I think that any QB worth drafting as a possible starter or 2nd string in next years draft is probably VERY concerned about the Chiefs. They will prob be sitting at home hoping their name doesnt get called when the Chiefs are on the clock.