PDA

View Full Version : Why boycotting games is good.

ASDF
10-19-2008, 03:29 PM
It's the strongest message you can send to Clark Hunt.

We still love the Chiefs, but we need to be a factor in changing this horrible situation.

kcvet
10-19-2008, 04:16 PM
I agree !!!! empty stands means empty coffers. :lol:

okikcfan
10-19-2008, 04:20 PM
I agree !!!! empty stands means empty coffers. :lol:
Well, it sure has to be more than one or two games. It has to hurt. Boycot the remainder of the season and then say,"Can you hear me now?":bananen_smilies046:

kcvet
10-19-2008, 04:32 PM
that's what it takes. the fans did. back in the 70's. the year they went 2-12. man did Hunt turn that around. he'd roll in his grave if he knew what was going on now. and we are on track for winning maybe, maybe 2 games this year. :yahoo:

okikcfan
10-19-2008, 04:38 PM
2 Games? Who would be the second. I thing we have seen it all. Face it, It's pretty much over. We have to look for the draft picks now, which, I'm sure well be # 1

hardcorechiefsfan
10-19-2008, 04:46 PM
It's the strongest message you can send to Clark Hunt.

We still love the Chiefs, but we need to be a factor in changing this horrible situation.

It could backfire on us, Clark could take the chiefs out of KC on account of no fans.

okikcfan
10-19-2008, 04:57 PM
It could backfire on us, Clark could take the chiefs out of KC on account of no fans.
I don't think he would just pack up and move them. First they are under contract, and the cost, whew, he just needs to know how everyone feels, maybe if he even comes out and makes a statement to say what he's feeling. Not that it will do any good. I have to admit, I don't know if getting rid of Herm is the best move, but at the same time, look at the teams that fired there coaches. :drunkhb:

kcvet
10-19-2008, 05:00 PM

he could but i doubt it. he's know's what the problem is. his daddy gave him this team. who insisted it stay here. if he blames the fans he's worse than Edwards and CP combined.

Bike
10-19-2008, 05:17 PM
he could but i doubt it. he's know's what the problem is. his daddy gave him this team. who insisted it stay here. if he blames the fans he's worse than Edwards and CP combined.
If Clark aint got the nads to move the King and the Worm, you know he aint got the nads to move the entire team...:toast2:

okikcfan
10-19-2008, 05:24 PM
If Clark aint got the nads to move the King and the Worm, you know he aint got the nads to move the entire team...:toast2:
Only time will tell what will really happen.... Carls contract is up at the end of this season and as far as Hermmie is concerned, he'll be around at least one more season.:drunkhb:

kcvet
10-19-2008, 05:26 PM
and I really think its high time "Clark Kent" get out of his phone booth and kick some A** !!!!!

drstandley31
10-19-2008, 05:28 PM
I don't know what deal they struck with KC to let tax payers rebuild Arrowhead, but I'm sure they are not going anywhere. And yes, Don't Go. I travel to 3 or 4 a year, but not this year. Hotels, resturants, rentals, etc... all make a difference and the business community will make it known. Not to mention, parking, food, etc. sold at arrowhead. I've loved this team for 40 years, and always will, but a message needs to be sent. And we are the ones to send it.

†Crusader†
10-19-2008, 05:37 PM
Ok,
Who made the decision to be ashamed of a Warrior Indian Chief on a real horse mascot we had and instead replace it with a weak beerbelly wolf.
Kids know strength and can handle it.
Drop the wolf guy and bring back the CHIEF on horesback!
Make a statement Hank would be proud of.
Ask Lenny what to do for everything else.
I think the Hunts arent done yet if they make moves like this.

†FollowHIM†

hardcorechiefsfan
10-19-2008, 05:37 PM
...he just needs to know how everyone feels, maybe if he even comes out and makes a statement to say what he's feeling...

I really don't think Clark really cares about "how everyone feels".
About Clark coming out and giving a statement about how he feels... I think we have the right to know why he isn't givng the chiefs his all like his dad did.

†Crusader†
10-19-2008, 05:38 PM
Ok,
Who made the decision to be ashamed of a Warrior Indian Chief on a real horse mascot we had and instead replace it with a weak beerbelly wolf.
Kids know strength and can handle it.
Make a statement Lamar & Hank would be proud of.
From a Chiefs missionary in Texas. (Oh yea I AM Choctah Indian and proud of it so dont be ashamed to be a CHIEF!)
†FollowHIM†

okikcfan
10-19-2008, 05:44 PM
I really don't think Clark really cares about "how everyone feels".
About Clark coming out and giving a statement about how he feels... I think we have the right to know why he isn't givng the chiefs his all like his dad did.
The Indian was dropped due to lawsuits by Native Americans against many NFL teams, an agreement sorta speak. And Yes, Hunt needs to speak out, Whats the deal, what's his intenisions, What the Hell is he thinking??????

hardcorechiefsfan
10-19-2008, 05:47 PM
Ok,
Make a statement Hank would be proud of.

†FollowHIM†

No one is ashamed of the Indian chief mascot that we had before the wolf. The indian community had a little problem with their images being used - indians, hatchet, etc. Of course, they couldn't keep the fans from doing the hatchet but they were able to stop the indian mascots; hence the move to the wolf. As far as Clark Hunt is concerned, his hands are tied when it comes to the mascot change to the wolf guy.

Barbarian_lineman
10-19-2008, 05:50 PM
I'm all for it. Just think about it, the players coaches and other staff all hop back in their nice cars and go home to their nice houses. While the common fan is shelling out their hard earned money for tickets, paying for parking, fighting the crowds, paying for way overpriced food and beer to sit down on a nice Sunday to watch the Chiefs get ***** slapped all over the field. When it comes down to it it's us the fans who are really losing here. So I say until they can somehow turn this team around quit going to the games. I can think of a lot more better things to do with a Sunday rather then make the trip out to Arrow Head and watch them play a game that resembles Football.

Bike
10-19-2008, 05:55 PM
I'm all for it. Just think about it, the players coaches and other staff all hop back in their nice cars and go home to their nice houses. While the common fan is shelling out their hard earned money for tickets, paying for parking, fighting the crowds, paying for way overpriced food and beer to sit down on a nice Sunday to watch the Chiefs get ***** slapped all over the field. When it comes down to it it's us the fans who are really losing here. So I say until they can somehow turn this team around quit going to the games. I can think of a lot more better things to do with a Sunday rather then make the trip out to Arrow Head and watch them play a game that resembles Football.
Let me guess. You will start supporting the Chiefs when they start winning again...

Barbarian_lineman
10-19-2008, 05:58 PM
Let me guess. You will start supporting the Chiefs when they start winning again...

Damn, you got my number on that one...

No I'm not a fair weather fan, I'm just not going to the game. Simple as that.

hardcorechiefsfan
10-19-2008, 06:12 PM
Damn, you got my number on that one...

No I'm not a fair weather fan, I'm just not going to the game. Simple as that.

I can understand what you're saying, you don't want to go to a game the chiefs are going to lose anyway.
It is sad when the chiefs are so predictable at losing but its our responsibility as a red blooded chiefs fan to pick them up. It might mean to let the crowd's roar motivate them into playing better. Why do you think that once upon a time the chiefs' stadium used to be the one other teams hated playing in?

PawnshopMarimba
10-19-2008, 06:16 PM
Boycott or no, some kind of message definitely needs to be sent to the Hunt family. Carl Peterson isn't getting it done, and he's had an ample amount of time to prove himself.

Just think about this: In the past 15 years, every AFC West team has made a Super Bowl appearance... except the Chiefs. That speaks volumes about the management of this team.

The fans have been more loyal than most around the league, shelling out their cash by the fistful for this team. We, this amazing community of rabid Chiefs fans, deserve a championship, and a competent GM that can assemble a team capable of attaining it.

Enough is enough, Clark!

Darth CarlSatan
10-19-2008, 06:27 PM
Okay, number one; B****ing about the Mascot?????

F*ck me...

Number Two:

Boycotting is NOT cool or good. When the trash finally gets taken out, I don't want Glenn, Brandon, Brandon, Brandon, Brad, Jamaal, Dantrell, Will, or ANY of the new guys who can actually PLAY to have the slightest thought about going elsewhere, SO BUCK UP.

Don't be a little girl for Christ's Sake; your just embarrassing yourself AND this Team.

If you want to make the right statement, get on your phone, find the # for Hunt Industries( somewhere in Americas Armpit: Texas ), and start making calls; be relentless.

IT ALL STARTS AT THE TOP. PERIOD.

Bike
10-19-2008, 06:27 PM
Boycott or no, some kind of message definitely needs to be sent to the Hunt family. Carl Peterson isn't getting it done, and he's had an ample amount of time to prove himself.

Just think about this: In the past 15 years, every AFC West team has made a Super Bowl appearance... except the Chiefs. That speaks volumes about the management of this team.

The fans have been more loyal than most around the league, shelling out their cash by the fistful for this team. We, this amazing community of rabid Chiefs fans, deserve a championship, and a competent GM that can assemble a team capable of attaining it.

Enough is enough, Clark!
Its unfortunate that Clark feels the need to empty the stadium before he fields a winning football team.
Piss-poor management if you ask me..:toast2:

Three7s
10-19-2008, 06:35 PM
Its unfortunate that Clark feels the need to empty the stadium before he fields a winning football team.
Piss-poor management if you ask me..:toast2:
More like he feels he needs to rebuild arrowhead to make it all pretty before putting a winning team on the field.

Bike
10-19-2008, 07:01 PM
More like he feels he needs to rebuild arrowhead to make it all pretty before putting a winning team on the field.
Kinda like: "If he rebuilds it, they will come?!":bananen_smilies046:

CHIEFS_FN_ROCK
10-21-2008, 04:16 PM
VERY WELL PUT THERE BIKE!!!!!:bananen_smilies046: