PDA

View Full Version : Even CBS commentators say Herms's not going anywhere...

nigeriannightmare
10-19-2008, 04:01 PM
I know this is a young team, and I know that we are rebuilding. What I don't get is how Herm continues to get a pass. CBS commentators said that Herm carries no responsibility for the state of this team. They said that becasue of vets like Tony G, and Larry J not being happy and asking for trades, missing meetings is why this team is ine state they are in.

This isn't Herm's first season it's his third. I don't get t! WTF! What does the media see in Herm? How is he a proven NFL coach?

slc chief
10-19-2008, 04:05 PM
I know this is a young team, and I know that we are rebuilding. What I don't get is how Herm continues to get a pass. CBS commentators said that Herm carries no responsibility for the state of this team. They said that becasue of vets like Tony G, and Larry J not being happy and asking for trades, missing meetings is why this team is ine state they are in.

This isn't Herm's first season it's his third. I don't get t! WTF! What does the media see in Herm? How is he a proven NFL coach?

he is a proven nfl head coach a proven loser

Raider Haider
10-19-2008, 04:17 PM
We can't even make a frickin' first down!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuU-vcWqdoU

hardcorechiefsfan
10-19-2008, 05:28 PM
Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/redbar/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?p=102572#post102572)

The commentators don't know anything. We know that the ...uh - disarray of the team is the fault of Hermie's horrible decisions, starting with this total youth movement.
Forget Tony and forget LJ, the young team doesn't have the desire to be something special. I've said this once and I will say it again - they need motivation!
You know, I just thought about something to work toward. An incentive, at least for the first year. Some kind of premium or bonus when the players play well if they win. I would think that would be motivation enough.

he is a proven nfl head coach a proven loser

The chiefs have fired coaches(wasn't Gunther fired after one season or 2????) after just one season. Please... someone remind me of why Clark and Carl have kept this guy?

Bike
10-19-2008, 05:36 PM
Sorry, Julie. But these are grown men that get paid to do a job. My paycheck is what motivates me to go to work. I think these guys are playing hard, they just don't have the talent, leadership, coaching, or management to succeed...

hardcorechiefsfan
10-19-2008, 06:16 PM
Sorry, Julie. But these are grown men that get paid to do a job. My paycheck is what motivates me to go to work. I think these guys are playing hard, they just don't have the talent, leadership, coaching, or management to succeed...
Too bad they aren't paid game by game and they aren't paid when they lose.

Bike
10-19-2008, 06:22 PM
Too bad they aren't paid game by game and they aren't paid when they lose.
Now THAT would be motivation!!! But with the shambles this organization is in now, They would still probably be 1-5 with little hope for the rest of the year...

Hayvern
10-19-2008, 09:12 PM
The chiefs have fired coaches(wasn't Gunther fired after one season or 2????) after just one season. Please... someone remind me of why Clark and Carl have kept this guy?

Because Peterson paid a lot to get him in here, he gave him complete control over rebuilding this team and in order to save face, he has to give him every opportunity to do it.

We should never have brought him in here in the first place.

Good news is that we only have one more year of Peterson. Hopefully Edwards goes at the same time.

Hayvern
10-19-2008, 09:22 PM
Commentators are pretty slimy for the most part, I only place them slightly ahead of lawyers and bankers on my list of worthiness.

The one on Direct TV today, cannot remember his name, who cares! Anyway, everytime Tony caught a ball he would say, "The main who asked for a trade this week is really playing well!" I mean every single time, he had to point out that Tony asked for a trade.

He also made a huge effort to point out with his "extensive" background, that the whole Tony thing was a distraction and was probably why the Chiefs were not playing well today. Afterall, who wants to share the field with a player that does not believe in his teammates?

garciakcfan
10-19-2008, 10:20 PM
Commentators are pretty slimy for the most part, I only place them slightly ahead of lawyers and bankers on my list of worthiness.

The one on Direct TV today, cannot remember his name, who cares! Anyway, everytime Tony caught a ball he would say, "The main who asked for a trade this week is really playing well!" I mean every single time, he had to point out that Tony asked for a trade.

He also made a huge effort to point out with his "extensive" background, that the whole Tony thing was a distraction and was probably why the Chiefs were not playing well today. Afterall, who wants to share the field with a player that does not believe in his teammates?

Let me refresh your memory for you, Gus Johnson and Steve Tasker.... I dont remember what you are talking about but if it was Tasker I think he knows a little about football.... One point that he said that I have been Constantly arguing is you dont fire a head coach that is going through a rebuild like this, if you think you are taking one step forward you are not you are taking two steps backward....

I totally agree with this and you know it... But I am disgusted with the play that I have seen and it can only get better, obivously.... We need a freaking QB; that will solve soooo many of our problems.... Offense second half 3 and out 3 and out 3 and out, No wonder our defense is getting gashed... No momentum and no points!!!!!! And they cant get off the field

Im not in the mood to argue tonight but thats how im looking at it...

slc chief
10-19-2008, 10:41 PM
Let me refresh your memory for you, Gus Johnson and Steve Tasker.... I dont remember what you are talking about but if it was Tasker I think he knows a little about football.... One point that he said that I have been Constantly arguing is you dont fire a head coach that is going through a rebuild like this, if you think you are taking one step forward you are not you are taking two steps backward....

I totally agree with this and you know it... But I am disgusted with the play that I have seen and it can only get better, obivously.... We need a freaking QB; that will solve soooo many of our problems.... Offense second half 3 and out 3 and out 3 and out, No wonder our defense is getting gashed... No momentum and no points!!!!!! And they cant get off the field

Im not in the mood to argue tonight but thats how im looking at it...

the rams and raiders did not take two steps back today they actually presented descent teams on the field get herm and carl as far away from kc as possible even the lions are playing in close games since they got rid of their clown as a gm their is something sick in the air in kc and it is the air that is coming out of carl and herm these players are not buying into them at AT ALL THEY HAVE LOST THIS TEAM good gawd herm show some freaking emotion after getting spanked like you did today but losing is second nature to his sorry ### it just comes natural

garciakcfan
10-19-2008, 10:48 PM
the rams and raiders did not take two steps back today they actually presented descent teams on the field get herm and carl as far away from kc as possible even the lions are playing in close games since they got rid of their clown as a gm their is something sick in the air in kc and it is the air that is coming out of carl and herm these players are not buying into them at AT ALL THEY HAVE LOST THIS TEAM good gawd herm show some freaking emotion after getting spanked like you did today but losing is second nature to his sorry ### it just comes natural

I really dont want to argue, lol... But, Marc Bulger over Brad Johnson any day of the week, once again poor QB play.... The Raiders almost, almost beat the JETS.. you are going to prove a point by that???? The Raiders almost beat the 5-1 Bills and the Raiders, oh god its killing me to say this, have a better overall d right now... OUCH!!!!! Kill me for saying that I know..... and a better QB than us.. The rams were a favorite to win their division before the season started, Thats why he got fired they werent playing to their potential....

Three7s
10-20-2008, 12:17 AM
I thought the day the Raiders would be better than the Chiefs would be the day that Al Davis died. Sigh.

Bike
10-20-2008, 12:29 AM
I thought the day the Raiders would be better than the Chiefs would be the day that Al Davis died. Sigh.
As much as an a-hole Davis is, at least he seems to give a sh!t about his team. Maybe its time for Hunt to be a little more proactive instead of leaving the entire organization in the hands of an inept salesman.:toast2:

slimdagreat
10-20-2008, 08:14 AM
Herm is partly to blame, well mostly to blame, but Vermeil gets a pass for not injecting some youth into the OL while he was here, so Herm was left with a bare cubbard on the OL and at QB.

Vermeil and King Carl gambled on winning with vets early in the decade and it didn't work.

jtandcrew
10-20-2008, 09:27 AM
Herm is partly to blame, well mostly to blame, but Vermeil gets a pass for not injecting some youth into the OL while he was here, so Herm was left with a bare cubbard on the OL and at QB.

Vermeil and King Carl gambled on winning with vets early in the decade and it didn't work.

Herm and Carl had atleast 1 year to start rebuilding the O-line even 1 player at a time. Although I think McIntosh gave us 1 good year but hes lost a few steps. They should have worked on it a little better especially knowing they had to talk Roaf and Shields into not retiring. IMO all 3 are too blame for this debacle!

slc chief
10-20-2008, 03:04 PM

then they should have addresed the bare cubbard back then

jmlamerson
10-20-2008, 03:52 PM
then they should have addresed the bare cubbard back then

Why do people forget that:

(1) Herm Edwards wasted his entire first draft (2006) on things decidedly non-OL (except for the immortal Tre- Stallings);

(2) In 2006, they let Tony Richardson, a key component of the running game, leave for no reason;

(3) Herm Edwards wasted his entire second draft (2007) on things decidedly non-OL (except for the overrated Herb Taylor);

(4) In 2007, the Chiefs let Kawika Mitchell, who would easily be their best LB today, go for no reason;

(5) Herm Edwards wasted his third draft (2008) on things decidedly non-OL (except for Brendan "please play me at my natural position" Albert and the immortal ) Barry Richardson) - this was with 13 picks;

(6) In 2008, the Chiefs traded Jared Allen, the best young DE in the game, for no reason, and let Jimmy Wilkerson (who would be the best DE on the team today), Casey Weigmann (a solid center), and Benny Sapp (a solid CB), go for no reason;

(7) The Chiefs have spent four picks in the first three rounds of the draft over Herm's tenure on the defensive line (Hali, Turk, Tank, and Dorsey), none of whom are productive today, and who gave up 334 yards on the ground on Sunday, insetad of drafting OL;

(8) The Chiefs have spent three picks on TEs (instead of OL) over the past two years, despite having the best TE in the game in his prime, and have spent two picks on RBs (instead of OL) over the past two years, despite having the highest paid RB in the game in his prime;

(9) The Chiefs have not made one useful free agent signing in the past three years; and

(10) Players are retiring rather than play with Herm Edwards, just as Waters and Gonzalez will this offseason.

The cupboard wasn't stocked when Herm arrived, but it wasn't that empty either. Free agent pickups have been overpiced veterens who cannot command significant pay for any other teams (McIntosh and Law, especially).

What have the current folks actually done to "rebuild" this team?

Dyno-Mite
10-20-2008, 05:30 PM
Herm and Carl had atleast 1 year to start rebuilding the O-line even 1 player at a time. Although I think McIntosh gave us 1 good year but hes lost a few steps. They should have worked on it a little better especially knowing they had to talk Roaf and Shields into not retiring. IMO all 3 are too blame for this debacle!

The offensive line is not in complete wreck.Herm and King Carl have definitely summoned up certain key areas along the offensive line.We got a talented player to replace a player such as Willie Roaf in Prince Albert.B-dub can easily be considered as one of the best 3 left guards in the NFL.Niswanger is a complete playmaker at the Center psotion.I enjoy watching Nismanger play.He is everything that Casey Weigmann was and possibly will be better as time rolls by.The right side is the problem.Mac and Jones need to be replaced.Ok,Herb is the answer to replace one of these guys.Getting a superb veteran free agent signing through free agency involving the right side will make our offensive line dominate as before.

jmlamerson
10-20-2008, 05:40 PM
The offensive line is not in complete wreck.Herm and King Carl have definitely summoned up certain key areas along the offensive line.We got a talented player to replace a player such as Willie Roaf in Prince Albert.B-dub can easily be considered as one of the best 3 left guards in the NFL.Niswanger is a complete playmaker at the Center psotion.I enjoy watching Nismanger play.He is everything that Casey Weigmann was and possibly will be better as time rolls by.The right side is the problem.Mac and Jones need to be replaced.Ok,Herb is the answer to replace one of these guys.Getting a superb veteran free agent signing through free agency involving the right side will make our offensive line dominate as before.

You're dreaming. Waters is not one of the top three LGs in the league anymore, and even if he were, he'll retire before playing another season for Herm.

Albert is lost at LT. His next team will move him back to RG.

Nismanger is a 50th percentile sort of C. He isn't great, but he's not bad. Someone bigger would be nice, but he'll be acceptable.

Herb Taylor is massively overrated on these boards.

Unless the Chiefs massively retool on the OL (move Albert to RG and sign/draft some decent tackles), the Chiefs will not be able to play offense.

chief31
10-21-2008, 02:31 AM

All Herm. He has has three off-seasons to attempt to answer the questions, and hasn't.

I have never sunk so low as to respond to any of your dribble before. But I have to say that you must be confused.

You're dreaming. Waters is not one of the top three LGs in the league anymore, and even if he were, he'll retire before playing another season for Herm.

Albert is lost at LT. His next team will move him back to RG.

Nismanger is a 50th percentile sort of C. He isn't great, but he's not bad. Someone bigger would be nice, but he'll be acceptable.

Herb Taylor is massively overrated on these boards.

Unless the Chiefs massively retool on the OL (move Albert to RG and sign/draft some decent tackles), the Chiefs will not be able to play offense.

You, on the other hand, are awesome. Aside from Benny Sapp, I agree with all of that. (Sapp was a retard, who was shoving everyone on his own team last season.)

chief31
10-21-2008, 02:40 AM
Why do people forget that:

(1) Herm Edwards wasted his entire first draft (2006) on things decidedly non-OL (except for the immortal Tre- Stallings);

(2) In 2006, they let Tony Richardson, a key component of the running game, leave for no reason;

(3) Herm Edwards wasted his entire second draft (2007) on things decidedly non-OL (except for the overrated Herb Taylor);

(4) In 2007, the Chiefs let Kawika Mitchell, who would easily be their best LB today, go for no reason;

(5) Herm Edwards wasted his third draft (2008) on things decidedly non-OL (except for Brendan "please play me at my natural position" Albert and the immortal ) Barry Richardson) - this was with 13 picks;

(6) In 2008, the Chiefs traded Jared Allen, the best young DE in the game, for no reason, and let Jimmy Wilkerson (who would be the best DE on the team today), Casey Weigmann (a solid center), and Benny Sapp (a solid CB), go for no reason;

(7) The Chiefs have spent four picks in the first three rounds of the draft over Herm's tenure on the defensive line (Hali, Turk, Tank, and Dorsey), none of whom are productive today, and who gave up 334 yards on the ground on Sunday, insetad of drafting OL;

(8) The Chiefs have spent three picks on TEs (instead of OL) over the past two years, despite having the best TE in the game in his prime, and have spent two picks on RBs (instead of OL) over the past two years, despite having the highest paid RB in the game in his prime;

(9) The Chiefs have not made one useful free agent signing in the past three years; and

(10) Players are retiring rather than play with Herm Edwards, just as Waters and Gonzalez will this offseason.

The cupboard wasn't stocked when Herm arrived, but it wasn't that empty either. Free agent pickups have been overpiced veterens who cannot command significant pay for any other teams (McIntosh and Law, especially).

What have the current folks actually done to "rebuild" this team?

I submit that the cupboard was in better shape than many believe it was.

Scott Fujita, Derrick Johnson, Kawika Mitchell, Jared Allen, Greg Wesley, Lawrence Tynes, Dustin Colquit, Brian Waters, Larry Johnson, Welbourne, Tony Gonzales, Casey Weigmann and more, is far from the empty cupboard situation that some are selling.

It isn't all gold, but it isn't crap either.

Jmlamerson eh? I lkie it. You had better stick around for a while. (Until I disagree with you about something.):D

Guru
10-21-2008, 03:35 AM

Because they are stupid. duh.:lol:

jtandcrew
10-21-2008, 09:19 AM

Uh? have you watched the same games as me? Or are you watching highlight reels? Albert hasnt proven he can stay healthy or even block on a consistent basis. Im not saying hes no good by no means but hes got a LONG ways to go. Call me stupid if you want but who the hell is B-dub? Niswanger has NOT proven he can be as mobile as Wiegman. Remember? Wiegman was to old for us now. Yet Denver will sign him to back up the line that makes mediocre rb's look great! Whos starting now for Denver at center? Yes, I agree that MacIntosh has lost a step and im not convinced on Jones. I also agree they have failed at the free agency market and not even tried for any of the top O-line men.

Dyno-Mite
10-21-2008, 11:48 AM
Uh? have you watched the same games as me? Or are you watching highlight reels? Albert hasnt proven he can stay healthy or even block on a consistent basis. Im not saying hes no good by no means but hes got a LONG ways to go. Call me stupid if you want but who the hell is B-dub? Niswanger has NOT proven he can be as mobile as Wiegman. Remember? Wiegman was to old for us now. Yet Denver will sign him to back up the line that makes mediocre rb's look great! Whos starting now for Denver at center? Yes, I agree that MacIntosh has lost a step and im not convinced on Jones. I also agree they have failed at the free agency market and not even tried for any of the top O-line men.

Moron,B-dub is Brian Waters.By the way,Niswanger needs a new right guard and a new right tackle to ultimately see the better player in him.Geesh,we overwork his talent by supplying him with a suck right side tandem.Give him help on the right side and you'll see how mobile he really is.As for Albert,he's still young but can develop into a better player.I'd still love to see Albert start at right guard while McIntosh goes to where he was before which was left tackle.Our coaching staff is all screwed up.

Hayvern
10-21-2008, 02:05 PM
Moron,B-dub is Brian Waters.By the way,Niswanger needs a new right guard and a new right ...

Dude, seriously was this called for? The man asked a question, if anyone should be called a moron around here it should be someone who thinks that Elvis Grbac was their favorite Chiefs player.

Rizzo
10-21-2008, 04:48 PM
Hi Guys !

I am Attila Riczu from Europe. My two major hobbies are football and painting. The attached oil painting was painted by me. I have already sold many paintings to European football fans. If any of You are interested I would be happy to paint the picture of your favourite football star.
I am ready to send the painting to your address by FedEx or any other courier service.
If anyone is interested please contact me at attila.riczu35@gmail.com (attila.riczu35@gmail.com) or laszlo.rita@laszlogo.hu (laszlo.rita@laszlogo.hu) .

SeeYa, Attila

Darth CarlSatan
10-21-2008, 05:55 PM
Dude, seriously was this called for? The man asked a question, if anyone should be called a moron around here it should be someone who thinks that Elvis Grbac was their favorite Chiefs player.

:funnypost::funnypost::funnypost: :bananen_smilies046:

Thankfully, Elvis HAS left the building!

drstandley31
10-21-2008, 06:59 PM
Hey Rizzo, Paint this! Doushe

As for the rest of us, I doubt that Clark would make any move until Jan. Hopefully he's got a GM short list and would pull the trigger fast. I pray.

Maybe you guys have said this and I've missed it, I don't get on that much. But why are we cutting Gun any slack. His F'n D blows and I don't think he knows what the h*ll he's doing either. I know we've all loved this guy, he's colorful, but jesus, how much can we take.

Darth CarlSatan
10-21-2008, 09:34 PM
Hey Rizzo, Paint this! Doushe

As for the rest of us, I doubt that Clark would make any move until Jan. Hopefully he's got a GM short list and would pull the trigger fast. I pray.

Maybe you guys have said this and I've missed it, I don't get on that much. But why are we cutting Gun any slack. His F'n D blows and I don't think he knows what the h*ll he's doing either. I know we've all loved this guy, he's colorful, but jesus, how much can we take.

Here's thing about Gun:

As fans, we've been real quick since last season and in to THIS season to jump on the bandwagon in terms of letting people go who are, and have been, producers.
You know who these people are, so there's no need to write the list.
At this point I, and a few other fans are starting to see the light regarding this. We've let Carl and Herm get one( several, actually )over on us, so we're becoming "Gun Shy"( no pun intended )about letting more of these people go in the wake of Carl and Herm's obvious and MONUMENTAL ineptitude.

The other thing is that Gun's not a Cover 2 guy; it's not what he does or runs best. If I had to guess, I'd say he hates it, and who can blame him? It's predicated on coverage and prevention as opposed to aggression. And as we ALL know; Gun's all ABOUT the aggression.
Personally, I hate Cover 2 as well; I think it's a big pile of sh*t that has NO PLACE on a Kansas City Football Field.
Knowing what I know now, I consider Gun to be the one guy who I hope survives all of this nonsense when the house finally get's swept and cleaned.

Dyno-Mite
10-22-2008, 09:29 AM

Elvis Grbac reminded me of Brett Favre in a way.These 2 guys were indentical.Grrrrrrr!

Darth CarlSatan
10-22-2008, 10:36 AM
Elvis Grbac reminded me of Brett Favre in a way.These 2 guys were indentical.Grrrrrrr!

Note to self:

Discover identity of forum member "Grbac"'s weed supplier; it is obviously very, very good stuff.

End Note.

Dyno-Mite
10-22-2008, 10:53 AM
Surviving games while going through tremendous pain was just one of the key things that Elvis Grbac conquered which Brett Favre made a living of doing.The rocket arm was also another thing.KC fans,these 2 guys were identical brothers during Brett Favre's but also Elvis Grbac's earlier NFL tenures.

Hayvern
10-22-2008, 09:04 PM
Surviving games while going through tremendous pain was just one of the key things that Elvis Grbac conquered which Brett Favre made a living of doing.The rocket arm was also another thing.KC fans,these 2 guys were identical brothers during Brett Favre's but also Elvis Grbac's earlier NFL tenures.

Sure and Steve Bono was JUST like Dan Marino, that is why the 49ers lets them both go eh?

It's all good man, just be careful with calling people names eh?

:yahoo: