PDA

View Full Version : There will be better days, Chief fans.

JFKlovedKC
10-21-2008, 12:26 PM
I have been reading around the net for a few years now and thought I'd start enjoying some of the good Chiefs message boards out here in cyberspace. I have been posting on a few of the other boards for close to a year and having fun doing it.

Hope everyone is keeping the faith. I have always liked KC but I got into them heavy back in 93 when Montana graced us with his presence. We can only look at this one way which is optimistically. We'll be building through the draft again next year.

It might look like gloom and doom now but before you know it we'll have a contender in KC. Good to be here

Canada
10-21-2008, 03:48 PM
I have been reading around the net for a few years now and thought I'd start enjoying some of the good Chiefs message boards out here in cyberspace. I have been posting on a few of the other boards for close to a year and having fun doing it.

Hope everyone is keeping the faith. I have always liked KC but I got into them heavy back in 93 when Montana graced us with his presence. We can only look at this one way which is optimistically. We'll be building through the draft again next year.

It might look like gloom and doom now but before you know it we'll have a contender in KC. Good to be here

Good luck with that around here.

tornadospotter
10-21-2008, 04:01 PM

YouTube - Celtic Woman - Over the rainbow

Darth CarlSatan
10-21-2008, 05:52 PM

YouTube - Bleach: Never Meant to Belong (Sad Violin Solo)

Hayvern
10-21-2008, 08:34 PM

I think that is the only way we can look at it, I am not sure there is any way we can actually get much worse than we are right now. So this truly is rock bottom, the only optimistic question is "How long will we be the bottom feeder?"

section311
10-21-2008, 09:16 PM

Before you start mentioning the draft, first realize that if the current regime is still here, next year will not be pretty. Also, I don't feel any free agent will be enticed to join the mess Herm and CP. have created

Bike
10-21-2008, 09:57 PM
I think that is the only way we can look at it, I am not sure there is any way we can actually get much worse than we are right now. So this truly is rock bottom, the only optimistic question is "How long will we be the bottom feeder?"
Until Carl Peterson is gone from KC forever.

slc chief
10-21-2008, 11:09 PM

carl is this you i think it is or maybe you herm wichever one it is keep your coolaid out of here we are not drinking it

Three7s
10-22-2008, 01:18 AM
YouTube - Bleach: Never Meant to Belong (Sad Violin Solo) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fyp74H3kMdI)
Dang, you're a Bleach fan? :bananen_smilies046:

Darth CarlSatan
10-22-2008, 01:37 AM
Dang, you're a Bleach fan? :bananen_smilies046:

Much like George Washington and unlike practically everyone who came after him; I can not tell a lie.

I was looking for a sad violin piece to play for Canada, so I searched for "Sad Violin" on You Tube.
That said, I did find the piece enjoyable, though I'm generally a Brahms/Mozart man.
Now, to learn more about the Righteousness that IS DCS, please navigate to the You Tube Videos Forum, and soak in my latest posts!

:bananen_smilies046:

YZILLA
10-22-2008, 01:40 AM
Sorry Bro , some people in here say we are not allowed to think their might be something good in the future for us to be excited about . Your preaching to the wrong crowd I guess . Boo Chiefs and everything about them !

Darth CarlSatan
10-22-2008, 01:56 AM
Sorry Bro , some people in here say we are not allowed to think their might be something good in the future for us to be excited about . Your preaching to the wrong crowd I guess . Boo Chiefs and everything about them !

That's okay ChiefZilla; you can always saunter over to the Whine and Cheese Forum( Chiefs Coalition )where Wilkie and a whole host of idiots will be more than happy to blow smoke up your a** while touting the virtues of selling off the Arrowhead name, how a new "posh-box" addition to the stadium that the majority of fans will never sit in was a "great move" by Carl, and how "rebuilding" should not be accomplished or judged by a definite time-table.

Now be a good Labridoodle, and GO FETCH THOSE POSITIVES!!! :D

YZILLA
10-22-2008, 02:12 AM
See, like I said ......

chief31
10-22-2008, 02:12 AM

You are allowed to express your opinions, and I am allowed to express mine. But you shouldn't feel like my opinion is not allowing you to express yours.

That would be confusion.:D

YZILLA
10-22-2008, 02:27 AM
I would be better off just reading forums in here rather than posting . Thats probably what I will stick to. I sometimes lose my head and try and defend others right to be positive. You are right You have your right to your opinions also. I'll drop it . :bananen_smilies046:

chief31
10-22-2008, 02:32 AM
I would be better off just reading forums in here rather than posting . Thats probably what I will stick to. I sometimes lose my head and try and defend others right to be positive. You are right You have your right to your opinions also. I'll drop it . :bananen_smilies046:
I sure ain't trying to attack you. You are a great part of The Crowd!

I just think that you might have over-reacted a bit. We all do that sometimes. Drunk(er) Hillbilly doesn't compose a reply without it. :D

You can call me out all you want. Hell, I live for it. :yahoo:

I don't think that you would be a human being if you didn't wind-up in some minor argument with me, at some point. :lol:

Darth CarlSatan
10-22-2008, 02:33 AM
You are allowed to express your opinions, and I am allowed to express mine. But you shouldn't feel like my opinion is not allowing you to express yours.

That would be confusion.:D

You'll notice how he didn't deny his name or affiliation with the 'Merlot-U' alumni over in Idiotville...
Jesus Christ; I poked my head in over there after abandoning that pile of sh*t to see what people were saying about TG over the bye-week, and I got a major reality-check about that forum; a cross-section of regular posters were ALL spouting THEE DUMBEST sh*t I have EVER READ.
That place is a "Dumb-Down, Kool-Aid Factory", and I'm glad I had the will to leave behind the 3 or 4 good people that I liked there in order to elevate my discourse regarding our team.

chief31
10-22-2008, 02:36 AM
You'll notice how he didn't deny his name or affiliation with the 'Merlot-U' alumni over in Idiotville...
Jesus Christ; I poked my head in over there after abandoning that pile of sh*t to see what people were saying about TG over the bye-week, and I got a major reality-check about that forum; a cross-section of regular posters were ALL spouting THEE DUMBEST sh*t I have EVER READ.
That place is a "Dumb-Down, Kool-Aid Factory", and I'm glad I had the will to leave behind the 3 or 4 good people that I liked there in order to elevate my discourse regarding our team.

I would probably like it there. I ain't happy if I don't have anyone to argue with. :D

But they would probably think I am a Raiders fan in sheeps clothing.

Sn@keIze
10-22-2008, 02:39 AM

Ive done that for the past 20 years. So far all its gottin is one playoff win.

Now..........I want to see someones head on a lance!!!!!

Darth CarlSatan
10-22-2008, 02:46 AM
I would probably like it there. I ain't happy if I don't have anyone to argue with. :D

But they would probably think I am a Raiders fan in sheeps clothing.

No, no you wouldn't. The moment you step off of the Kool-Aid train, you become suspect. And then you get to watch all of the asinine little cliques come out to play.
Cherish your brain cells!

Well you and I ain't got much to argue about football-wise, and I damn near want to refuse to talk politics until this election is over, so we're gonna' have to find a subject of mutual interest that doesn't involve the above mentioned topics!

PawnshopMarimba
10-22-2008, 03:16 AM
Ive done that for the past 20 years. So far all its gottin is one playoff win.

Now..........I want to see someones head on a lance!!!!!

I hear you, man. I was 11 years old, (I think.. it was 95, right?) when the Chiefs got routed by the Bills in the AFC Championship. Now I'm 24. That's the closest we've gotten to the Super Bowl since we won one in the 70's. Now we can't even win a regular season game. So frustrating....

Edit: I still hold a grudge against Schottenheimer for not going for it on 4th and short in that game.....

chief31
10-22-2008, 04:02 AM
I hear you, man. I was 11 years old, (I think.. it was 95, right?) when the Chiefs got routed by the Bills in the AFC Championship. Now I'm 24. That's the closest we've gotten to the Super Bowl since we won one in the 70's. Now we can't even win a regular season game. So frustrating....

Edit: I still hold a grudge against Schottenheimer for not going for it on 4th and short in that game.....

...and Rich Gannon!

chief31
10-22-2008, 04:03 AM
No, no you wouldn't. The moment you step off of the Kool-Aid train, you become suspect. And then you get to watch all of the asinine little cliques come out to play.
Cherish your brain cells!

Well you and I ain't got much to argue about football-wise, and I damn near want to refuse to talk politics until this election is over, so we're gonna' have to find a subject of mutual interest that doesn't involve the above mentioned topics!

I do prefer to argue with those who have some scruples. But DH does ok too. :lol:

Canada
10-22-2008, 10:28 AM
That's okay ChiefZilla; you can always saunter over to the Whine and Cheese Forum( Chiefs Coalition )where Wilkie and a whole host of idiots will be more than happy to blow smoke up your a** while touting the virtues of selling off the Arrowhead name, how a new "posh-box" addition to the stadium that the majority of fans will never sit in was a "great move" by Carl, and how "rebuilding" should not be accomplished or judged by a definite time-table.

Now be a good Labridoodle, and GO FETCH THOSE POSITIVES!!! :D

Psssst....any chance you could get off your soapbox for a minute? Just because you are negative about everything going on with the Chiefs, does not mean you are the all knowing and guys like myself are idiots. You think we like the fact that they are selling the naming rights to Arrowhead? You believe that I think we have an awesome team and I am content with coaching staff and management? I still love the Chiefs and I still love watching games every Sunday. I get excited all week to watch them. Does that make u smarter than me? Where is your brilliant post that is such an in depth thought that the rest uf us regular idiots could not possibly think it up and put it into words? Is it where you say Fire CP, Fire Herm, Fix this fix that like 15 000 000 other Chiefs fan? Do I need to join the group and mindlessly repeat the same sh!t that is being spewed everywhere I turn. Call other fans idiots and morons because they can find something they like about the Chiefs? I believe that there is enough b!tching and complaining going here that we have a pretty good whine and cheese party going on right now. So why don't you be a good little puppy and stop barking out the same regurgitated bullsh!t that I have to read in evey thread. I have heard it a million times, I get it. I understand what the problems are but don't pretend you are so much smarter than the rest my friend.

And don't mistake Labridoodles for much bigger dogs. :bananen_smilies046:

Darth CarlSatan
10-22-2008, 10:39 AM
Psssst....any chance you could get off your soapbox for a minute? Just because you are negative about everything going on with the Chiefs, does not mean you are the all knowing and guys like myself are idiots. You think we like the fact that they are selling the naming rights to Arrowhead? You believe that I think we have an awesome team and I am content with coaching staff and management? I still love the Chiefs and I still love watching games every Sunday. I get excited all week to watch them. Does that make u smarter than me? Where is your brilliant post that is such an in depth thought that the rest uf us regular idiots could not possibly think it up and put it into words? Is it where you say Fire CP, Fire Herm, Fix this fix that like 15 000 000 other Chiefs fan? Do I need to join the group and mindlessly repeat the same sh!t that is being spewed everywhere I turn. Call other fans idiots and morons because they can find something they like about the Chiefs? I believe that there is enough b!tching and complaining going here that we have a pretty good whine and cheese party going on right now. So why don't you be a good little puppy and stop barking out the same regurgitated bullsh!t that I have to read in evey thread. I have heard it a million times, I get it. I understand what the problems are but don't pretend you are so much smarter than the rest my friend.

And don't mistake Labridoodles for much bigger dogs. :bananen_smilies046:

Unless your posting under two names, what in the merry, happy, HELL does my post to ChiefZilla HAVE TO DO WITH YOU??????

Did you even READ my post????

Canada
10-22-2008, 10:41 AM
Unless your posting under two names, what in the merry, happy, HELL does my post to ChiefZilla HAVE TO DO WITH YOU??????

Did you even READ my post????

Sorry, did I stumble into a pm or is this still a public forum where you started bashing on a guy for being positive?

Darth CarlSatan
10-22-2008, 10:56 AM
Sorry, did I stumble into a pm or is this still a public forum where you started bashing on a guy for being positive?

You have every right to say whatever you please and defend anyone that you want, just as I have the right to call that post of his a juvenile drive-by that did not even come CLOSE to achieving the desired result of being humorous or relevant.

If Clark, Herm and Carl want me to be "positive", they can start fielding a team that can COMPETE.

THEN, I will be positive all the live-long day.

Canada
10-22-2008, 10:58 AM
You have every right to say whatever you please and defend anyone that you want, just as I have the right to call that post of his a juvenile drive-by that did not even come CLOSE to achieving the desired result of being humorous or relevant.

If Clark, Herm and Carl want me to be "positive", they can start fielding a team that can COMPETE.

THEN, I will be positive all the live-long day.

That's great, dosen't mean you have to call those of us who do look for the positive idiots. I figure anyone who calls themselves a Chiefs fan but can't say anything good about them is an idiot, but I don't say that to people on the boards. :bananen_smilies046:

Darth CarlSatan
10-22-2008, 11:05 AM
That's great, dosen't mean you have to call those of us who do look for the positive idiots. I figure anyone who calls themselves a Chiefs fan but can't say anything good about them is an idiot, but I don't say that to people on the boards. :bananen_smilies046:

I never called you an idiot. I DID call the powers that be at Chiefs Coalition idiots, and I will stand by that all day, every day, 24/7, 365, until the end of time.

Canada
10-22-2008, 11:06 AM
I never called you an idiot. I DID call the powers that be at Chiefs Coalition idiots, and I will stand by that all day, every day, 24/7, 365, until the end of time.

That I can agree with! :bananen_smilies046:

Darth CarlSatan
10-22-2008, 11:23 AM
That I can agree with! :bananen_smilies046:

Cool!:bananen_smilies046:

JFKlovedKC
10-22-2008, 05:35 PM
We have all seen the Chiefs beat the NFL's elite down through the years. As fans we always knew that we had a chance to pull the big upset on any given Sunday, especially at Arrowhead. But it is different now. This is a new feeling for me and for probably many of you. We are actually that bad! I've been a fan quite a few years and I must say I can't rember feeling this way. Hopefully a strong draft in 09 and some wheeling and dealing via free agency will turn this team back into a contender.

We can only hope.

hardcorechiefsfan
10-23-2008, 04:58 AM
I'd like to think that there will be better days....

YZILLA
10-23-2008, 05:06 AM
Who the Hell is ChiefZILLA ?

Bike
10-23-2008, 06:55 AM
And now you've moved it to ChiefsCrowd.

Darth CarlSatan
10-23-2008, 10:38 AM
And now you've moved it to ChiefsCrowd.

McLame.

Canada
10-23-2008, 04:06 PM
McLame.

McLame?

Darth CarlSatan
10-23-2008, 04:35 PM
McLame?

He knows what I'm talkin' bout.

Oh well, you gotta' have the haters as well as those who like you, and I can more than live with the current ratio.