PDA

View Full Version : does flowers get his first pick against favre

slc chief
10-22-2008, 10:50 AM
does he pick brett favre this weekend i hope so and hopefully he returns it for a touchdown and maybe branden carr adds to his one he has already got this year these two are going to be great corners for us in years to come hopefully we have two shutdown corners for the future

Dyno-Mite
10-22-2008, 11:01 AM
Brandon Carr still needs development.I'd easily put Patrick Surtain back opposite of Flowers.

slc chief
10-22-2008, 11:06 AM
Brandon Carr still needs development.I'd easily put Patrick Surtain back opposite of Flowers.

agreed they both still need developemant but carr has 28 tackles 1 pick and 4 pd teams have tried to pick on him but for the most part to no avail

Sn@keIze
10-22-2008, 12:00 PM
does he pick brett favre this weekend i hope so and hopefully he returns it for a touchdown and maybe branden carr adds to his one he has already got this year these two are going to be great corners for us in years to come hopefully we have two shutdown corners for the futureWith us allowing more than 200 ruching yds. a game, theres no reason for Brett to have to air it out that much.

Kerry Collins only had 11 completions and that was way more than he needed.

Three7s
10-22-2008, 12:49 PM
Yeah, with Thomas Jones back there, all they'll do is run and we'll be out of the game by halftime.

Sn@keIze
10-22-2008, 04:07 PM
Yeah, with Thomas Jones back there, all they'll do is run and we'll be out of the game by halftime.Thomas Jones and um, Leon Washington, the RB the Jets got in the Herm trade. Oh god, this could be bad.

DMN
10-22-2008, 06:25 PM

Yeah I am gonna have to go ahead and disagree.

A. This team sucks so there is no reason starting a CB that may only have one more year left. Lets let him get experience and develop his confidence.

B. This guy seems to always give 100%. like last week when the entire team got scorched on the run he was full speed to the endzone no matter the separation.

Bottom line the only reason to watch a chiefs game these days is to hopefully see some potential in the players who are "rebuilding" this franchise.

slc chief
10-22-2008, 07:39 PM
With us allowing more than 200 ruching yds. a game, theres no reason for Brett to have to air it out that much.

Kerry Collins only had 11 completions and that was way more than he needed.

i hve a strange feeling that our d-line is going to tighten up this week thus making brett throw giving brandon flowers his first pick of the year i also think dorsey is going to have a better game as well let's hope so

Grey144
10-22-2008, 07:49 PM
i hve a strange feeling that our d-line is going to tighten up this week thus making brett throw giving brandon flowers his first pick of the year i also think dorsey is going to have a better game as well let's hope so

I hope your right as I have Favre running in my fanasty league. Do you seriuosly believe that the chiefs are going to be sucking interceptions from brett? Farve may throw interceptions quite often but this is the chiefs we are talking about here. Favre is going to pick them to peices if he passes the ball. Granted maybe he throws one int to 4 or 5 TD's

slc chief
10-22-2008, 08:14 PM
I hope your right as I have Favre running in my fanasty league. Do you seriuosly believe that the chiefs are going to be sucking interceptions from brett? Farve may throw interceptions quite often but this is the chiefs we are talking about here. Favre is going to pick them to peices if he passes the ball. Granted maybe he throws one int to 4 or 5 TD's

he aint gonna pick these cornerbacks apart not on the two brandons clock what are you rooting for the jets j/k i am trying to be optimistic nobodys tore up our secondary yet then again it was right out of jeff fishers mouth i left alot of pass plays on the table because we were running the ball so well

slc chief
10-22-2008, 08:19 PM
now that i read that again you do sound like a jets fan i do not know if it is the i hope favre gets me alot of points in fantasy or if it was the it is the chiefs we are talking about comment sounds fishy sorry if i am wrong

Darth CarlSatan
10-22-2008, 08:23 PM
does he pick brett favre this weekend i hope so and hopefully he returns it for a touchdown and maybe branden carr adds to his one he has already got this year these two are going to be great corners for us in years to come hopefully we have two shutdown corners for the future

I'm down with that! I don't know if Carr will be in or not though, as Surtain is technically the starter on that side.
As hard and diligently as Flowers works on his game, it would be great to see him get a big reward like that.
Carr and Flowers are the type of rookie CB's that every coach and D-Coord pray for, and they continue to be the only consistent points of light on our defense; hence my Flowers "man-crush"...:D

Three7s
10-22-2008, 08:50 PM
I'm down with that! I don't know if Carr will be in or not though, as Surtain is technically the starter on that side.
As hard and diligently as Flowers works on his game, it would be great to see him get a big reward like that.
Carr and Flowers are the type of rookie CB's that every coach and D-Coord pray for, and they continue to be the only consistent points of light on our defense; hence my Flowers "man-crush"...:D
They're very good corners, no question, but it doesn't matter. Teams don't even need to throw the ball to beat us. We constantly stack the line, yet teams are still running right through us.

Darth CarlSatan
10-22-2008, 09:04 PM
he aint gonna pick these cornerbacks apart not on the two brandons clock what are you rooting for the jets j/k i am trying to be optimistic nobodys tore up our secondary yet then again it was right out of jeff fishers mouth i left alot of pass plays on the table because we were running the ball so well

You got THAT right. You could remove the D-Line altogether( which sometimes seems to be the case anyway ), and the only thing Brett will be "picking apart" is his nose going up against the 'Killer B's'

God help every Quarterback in the NFL if we ever establish a dominant pass-rush again; those two will become the "Turnover Twins" overnight, and you'll see more interceptions than you ever thought possible out of a Chiefs Defense.

Darth CarlSatan
10-22-2008, 09:07 PM
They're very good corners, no question, but it doesn't matter. Teams don't even need to throw the ball to beat us. We constantly stack the line, yet teams are still running right through us.

You want to know the 2-second fix to that particular problem?

Demorrio and DuJuan. Problem Solved. :bananen_smilies046:

slc chief
10-22-2008, 09:08 PM
You got THAT right. You could remove the D-Line altogether( which sometimes seems to be the case anyway ), and the only thing Brett will be "picking apart" is his nose going up against the 'Killer B's'

God help every Quarterback in the NFL if we ever establish a dominant pass-rush again; those two will become the "Turnover Twins" overnight, and you'll see more interceptions than you ever thought possible out of a Chiefs Defense.

i was trying to think of some nicknames for them but you did a great job i like the turnover twins actually i like them both great post

Darth CarlSatan
10-22-2008, 09:10 PM
i was trying to think of some nicknames for them but you did a great job i like the turnover twins actually i like them both great post

Gracias, Muchas GRACIAS!

:bananen_smilies046::D:bananen_smilies046:

slc chief
10-26-2008, 09:07 PM
well he got it and it was a dandy good job flowers he actually had two didnt he

Darth CarlSatan
10-26-2008, 09:28 PM
well he got it and it was a dandy good job flowers he actually had two didnt he

Yes He Did! Now if we can just get Eddie Royal to defect...

:bananen_smilies046:

jtandcrew
10-27-2008, 10:37 AM
Yes He Did! Now if we can just get Eddie Royal to defect...

:bananen_smilies046:

Royal? How come we didnt try to trade for williams that Dallas got? I know it was alot but I woulda gave that up for him.

Darth CarlSatan
10-27-2008, 11:57 AM
Royal? How come we didnt try to trade for williams that Dallas got? I know it was alot but I woulda gave that up for him.

Who would you have traded?

jtandcrew
10-27-2008, 12:00 PM
They got him for picks....a 1st, 4th and 5th (I Think)

Bike
10-27-2008, 02:17 PM
They got him for picks....a 1st, 4th and 5th (I Think)
Ain't worth it..