PDA

View Full Version : Huard out for season

ASDF
10-22-2008, 11:09 PM
I honestly think he's the best we've got and I'd take him over Gray anytime of the day. Something tells me that Herm does not like having Huard starting for the team and it's not for the "rebuild" movement. Remember 06 when Huard led after Green got hit?
Huard was the 2ed best QB in the league in terms of rating, but once Green came, Germ couldn't wait and benched Huard!!

Chiefs QB Huard out for season

By Sports Network

The Sports Network

Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Damon Huard was placed on the injured reserve list Wednesday after hurting his right thumb in Sunday's 34-10 loss to the Titans.
The 35-year-old Huard left in the fourth quarter of Sunday's game after his hand struck a helmet while following through on a pass, and he did not return. He had his hand wrapped on the sideline, while Tyler Thigpen came on to lead the Kansas City offense.
According to a report in the Kansas City Star, Thigpen will start Sunday's game against the Jets, and Ingle Martin will serve as the team's backup. The team also added Quinn Gray on Wednesday, and he will be the Chiefs' third quarterback.
The Chiefs are struggling to maintain their signal callers as Brodie Croyle, Kansas City's starter for the season opener, is also on the team's injured reserve list.
Huard appeared in five games this season, throwing for two touchdowns and four interceptions while completing 61.7 percent of his passes. His led Kansas City to its only win of the season, a 33-19 defeat of the AFC West-leading Denver Broncos.

slc chief
10-22-2008, 11:27 PM
i hate to say it but we were just spinning our wheels with huard don't get me wrong he gave us the best chance to win but he got hurt through his career with us pretty often and this position for us is just a joke try thigpen hope he improves try grey hope he is descent if carl and herm can not see the biggest need for our team in the 09 draft is a qb they are truly idiots hopefully they will not be here for that though i just hope whoever is there for the 09 draft is not blind to the freaking obvious WAKE UP

Guru
10-22-2008, 11:41 PM
Way to go Herm. Do you see why fans call you the QB killer yet.

chief31
10-23-2008, 12:17 AM
i hate to say it but we were just spinning our wheels with huard don't get me wrong he gave us the best chance to win but he got hurt through his career with us pretty often and this position for us is just a joke try thigpen hope he improves try grey hope he is descent if carl and herm can not see the biggest need for our team in the 09 draft is a qb they are truly idiots hopefully they will not be here for that though i just hope whoever is there for the 09 draft is not blind to the freaking obvious WAKE UP

I have two viable options here.

1.) Draft seven QBs.

This would provide the neccessary depth to have a QB all season long.

2.) How about if we make Herm Edwards play QB and see if he decides to find some protection for himself.

Personally, I like #2 the best. SInce Herm has never seen fit to protect his QBs, let it be his limbs that are getting twisted. Let it be his body getting thrown around by defenders.

As obvious as it has been that he needs to protect his QBs, with all of the injured QBs that Herm has seen, somehow, he still hasn't figured it out.

But if it were his body taking the beating, then maybe that would finally open his eyes.

Hayvern
10-23-2008, 01:56 AM
Look, I don't think Huard was the answer, but he had a good attitude and he was one of the few veterans this team had that had that trait.

Herm disgusts me, I never liked him when we got him, and I certainly do not like him now. He is an idiot and unfortunately he likely has ruined the careers of two QBs. Very likely before the season is over Thigpen will be injured as well. Certainly starting behind this line is not going to give him the confidence he needs to play in this league.

Just when I thought he could do no more harm...

hardcorechiefsfan
10-23-2008, 04:21 AM
Oh... whatever.

YZILLA
10-23-2008, 04:35 AM
Huard HAD everything we could ever need in a QB . Except this year he really didnt have the Physical Attributes like he did two years ago ( when our line blocked a little better ) . Sadly his time here is over . He will not be back.Wouldnt mind having him help out as a QB Coach . He is a smart guy .Better than curl is doing for us !

Dyno-Mite
10-23-2008, 11:56 AM
Damn,we needed Damon.Thigpen,Martin and Grey suck.

jtandcrew
10-24-2008, 04:55 AM
Damn,we needed Damon.Thigpen,Martin and Grey suck.

Lets be honest! They all sucked this year! We can only hope that the O-line finds someway of sucking it up and playing the way that atleast a mediocre O-line can!