PDA

View Full Version : What's the word with getting LJ resigned?

DrunkHillbilly
07-10-2007, 01:36 PM
I'm in Az and only here the occasional ESPN crap about the Chiefs. Any word out there on if or when Carl is going to do the right thing and resign LJ?

Coach
07-10-2007, 06:38 PM
Still no official word but the general opinion is that they will try to resign him. I really hope we don't give him Ladanian money though.

DrunkHillbilly
07-10-2007, 07:52 PM
Is that the feeling of most fans in KC? Maybe not LT money but somewhere in the $15-18 million for the same years would be fair to me. You have to agree that the $1.8 or whatever is WAAAAAAAYYYYYYY to little for LJ!!

Coach
07-10-2007, 08:21 PM
Agreed, but I think he's asking way too much.

chief31
07-10-2007, 11:32 PM
Yeah, what he ^^^^ said.

YZILLA
07-11-2007, 02:30 AM
He may not be doing things the right way as far as contract wise, But he does put everything he has into the game at hand. Sure he might say stupid things to the press . He also is the second best runningback in the league. Its easy to have an opinion on what Carl should do when he says some of the things he says. This world is full of people with different attitudes, likes, dislikes ect. But one thing for sure is when hes on the field with the ball in his hands , He is trying to mow people over with blood sweat and tears just to hear the fans go nuts . I dont really care if hes a goody goody or a jerk as long as he does his job ( which he has definately done so far ) . He plays with alot of aggression and passion and does not try to run around anyone. He is sticking his helmet into some guys chest and trying to put cleat marks on their facemask as hes running over them. Just what each and every couch potato / ex high school football star/ little leaguer would dream about doing if he was playing . Hes giving us alot of bang for the buck in my opinion and I would pay $ 100 plus a ticket everytime I go to a game if he keeps doing what he has been the last two years . This team really does revolve around him even if we dont want it to . Anything less than a larry johnson and I would just listen to the game on 101 the fox. I pay to see the stars .TG cant carry the team as much as I love that guy. I hope we keep him because we will never get enough for him in trade. Like Dallas got giving Herchal Walker to the Vikes. I like the guy and thats just my opinion . He just plays hard and gives the fans what the want ( touchdowns ) . Love him or hate him he is ours and we should Want to keep him because he is the best . Money is just money. Lots of people male way too much money for what they do in life. Look at about every CEO of any huge company. Sorry for ranting -its late-LOL . Take it easy on the replies Im just a Guy who loves the Chiefs and Loves to have Larry Johnson on my side and not running against my beloved chiefs. This is just my opinion everyone ! .......PEACE

YZILLA
07-11-2007, 02:47 AM
http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/Larry%20Johnson%20-%20THE%20BLADE.avi

chief31
07-11-2007, 10:27 AM
I fully respect your opinion.

Having said that, I will, now, tell you about the negatives, that you didn't mention, about Larry. That "blood sweat and tears" effort that you mentioned, seems to dissapear, when he isn't running "between the tackles".

If he decides to put forth that same effort, in the rest of his game, then I would agree, that he is the second best runningback, in the game. However, he hasn't shown that ability, yet, and I fear that, upon receipt of a huge new contract, we may see, even less effort from him.

YZILLA
07-11-2007, 11:10 AM
True , Getting a huge contract might make him decide that now he doesnt have to try as hard anymore. But if we decide to look elsewhere and we start with a new rookie that will take years to build into what Larry is now whos to say we wont be talking the same about that guy. I guess you jsut have to make the contract performance based, Dont really know the answer .Im just glad we have him ! Hell we are still paying Priest Holmes and what are we getting in return for that. Memories ? I think You have to pay the guys who make your team at least competitive. I dont agree that we should pay him more than he is worth. ( like most highly paid athletes ) Just make it fair for the fans who are paying his salary .The ones who take their families to the game and spend up to $500 bucks to have a great couple hours of football. Thanks for your reply Chief

YZILLA
07-11-2007, 11:17 AM
Also he really needs to learn how to catch a pass - to rightfully deserve LT money .

DrunkHillbilly
07-11-2007, 12:19 PM
For those of you who don't want him.....What's or who is your alternative??? Right, there's not one!! The only thing that hurts LJ is the fact that just like the last 10 years, they won't draft any fricken recievers!!!!!! How about picking one up in free agency??? That would take some pressure off of the RB. Everyone just loads up the box because they sure as hell aren't scared of us going deep!! As far as him trying to get to the outside goes, well, that's debatable but some guys are built to go up the middle and some are built to get to the outside. Last time I checked, the all time leading rusher was pretty good up the middle!!!

I'm actually surprised to here people on this site talking about not wanting a top 2 RB on the Chiefs! In my opinion, he's got every right to be upset at not getting an extension! He's gonna make $1.9 million base salary this year!!! Talk about underpaid!!! There's back ups that are going to make more than him! You have to remember that NONE of these contracts are guaranteed. Only the signing bonus is! I don't know that he is worth the 8 year $60 million that LT got( which will be renegotiated before it ever gets to 8 years) but give me a break. This guy is clearly the 2nd best RB in the league! He deserves to get paid like it! Not like some second string scrub. And for those talking about injuries...it's simple, he gets hurt...the only thing the Chiefs are on the hook for is the signing bonus! It's not like the NBA. No play...NO pay!!

Canada
07-11-2007, 01:31 PM
For those of you who don't want him.....What's or who is your alternative??? Right, there's not one!! The only thing that hurts LJ is the fact that just like the last 10 years, they won't draft any fricken recievers!!!!!! How about picking one up in free agency??? That would take some pressure off of the RB. Everyone just loads up the box because they sure as hell aren't scared of us going deep!! As far as him trying to get to the outside goes, well, that's debatable but some guys are built to go up the middle and some are built to get to the outside. Last time I checked, the all time leading rusher was pretty good up the middle!!!

I'm actually surprised to here people on this site talking about not wanting a top 2 RB on the Chiefs! In my opinion, he's got every right to be upset at not getting an extension! He's gonna make $1.9 million base salary this year!!! Talk about underpaid!!! There's back ups that are going to make more than him! You have to remember that NONE of these contracts are guaranteed. Only the signing bonus is! I don't know that he is worth the 8 year $60 million that LT got( which will be renegotiated before it ever gets to 8 years) but give me a break. This guy is clearly the 2nd best RB in the league! He deserves to get paid like it! Not like some second string scrub. And for those talking about injuries...it's simple, he gets hurt...the only thing the Chiefs are on the hook for is the signing bonus! It's not like the NBA. No play...NO pay!!

I have heard rumours (just rumours, i don't know how much truth is involved) that the Cowboys would trade Julius Jones and a 1st and 4th round pick in '08 for LJ. I would happily take that trade if they were to use those picks on the O-line and share the load between Bennett and Jones. I think our running game would be just as productive if not better. I see that you are a big LJ supporter and I don't mind the guy but he is not irreplacable. T.O. puts up good numbers, but I do not want him on the team. If LJ does not improve his attitude then I do not think he is worth the kind of money that is reserved for team leaders. Again I am not saying I don't want him on the team, but I do want what is best for the Chiefs long term, not what is best for LJ long term.

DrunkHillbilly
07-11-2007, 01:44 PM
And you think Jones and Bennet are a better choice? You know they wouldn't spend those draft picks on offensive line players! Herm is a defense first coach! And for you to compare T O's attitude to LJ's is comical! I'm not a die hard LJ fan. I also want what is best for the Chiefs but to insinuate that the tandem you mentioned would be better than LJ is absurd! I'm all for the rotating RB but not with that tandem! Especially with our line. Keep your eye on Jones this season. He won't be nearly as productive as he has been the last cuple of years. Their line is bad and it just got worse when they signed Leonard Davis!

So you apparently think the $1.9 that he will recieve this year is sufficient?

wolfpack
07-11-2007, 04:07 PM
$1.9 isnt enough but hes worth more to trade than what he wants. 1000 yard RB`S are a dime a dozen. combin 1000 yarder and a short yet sometimes long passing game and it`ll work for hermmie nursing home offense.

chief31
07-11-2007, 04:32 PM

A) Without a "big-name" wideout, the Chiefs managed to be the number one offense, in the NFL, for four years. If you think that you have to have a wide reciever lead the team in receptions, then go ahead and get rid of Gonzales. Since you don't want him to catch the ball.

B) Find offensive linemen who can pass-protect, and you have a deep threat, no matter how fast he is. (Eddie Kennison)

C) Larry Johnson averaged 4.2 yards per carry, last season. That doesn't impress me. Yeah, I know, "opposing defenses never bother to cover the Chiefs recievers, because they all have to tackle L.J. and the Chiefs quarterbacks all have seperated throwing shoulders and are unable to throw, past four yards. So, every play that L.J. ran was against eight and nine, in the box." Where do you see something, in his stats, from '06, that indicates something above average?

D) Noone argues that he hasn't earned a pay increase. I doubt Larry will accept anything but, L.T. money, though.

chief31
07-11-2007, 04:36 PM
And you think Jones and Bennet are a better choice? You know they wouldn't spend those draft picks on offensive line players! Herm is a defense first coach! And for you to compare T O's attitude to LJ's is comical! I'm not a die hard LJ fan. I also want what is best for the Chiefs but to insinuate that the tandem you mentioned would be better than LJ is absurd! I'm all for the rotating RB but not with that tandem! Especially with our line. Keep your eye on Jones this season. He won't be nearly as productive as he has been the last cuple of years. Their line is bad and it just got worse when they signed Leonard Davis!

You haven't noticed the decline in L.J.s numbers, between the last two seasons? You don't think that the Chiefs' offensive line is declining?

I respond to the "Keep your eyes on....." Statement, with this one.

Keep your eyes on L.J., this season. He won't be nearly as productive, as he has been, the last couple of years.

Canada
07-11-2007, 06:01 PM

I said "if" they use those picks on the O'line then yes, I think they could average 4 yards per carry. And LJ right now is looking a lot like a young TO in San Francisco.

Sweets
07-11-2007, 06:23 PM
A young TO???? what about LJ makes him look like TO??? One a WR and one a RB??? The cowboys would end up the better for that kind of deal, Jones isn't that great as the cowboys have learned, pay LJ...NOW

DrunkHillbilly
07-11-2007, 06:28 PM
So, you would rather have the #1 offense in the league than have a team that has multiple threats??? Come on bud! Eddie Kennison is your savior? Seriously!

A) I want Gonzales to catch the ball but most of the time he is too busy helping the O line block! Look at his numbers from 2005 to 2006. DOWN!

B) I'm still waiting for an offensive lineman!! Have been for 2 years!

C)Something above avg???? How about 1800 yds and 17 touchdowns!!

Look, you are proving my point. The fact that they have 8 or 9 in the box every fricken play hurts the RB position! Look at all the teams with medeocre RB's and you will find above avg. recievers! ( Decent teams) There's no way in hell you could bring in two avg. RB's to replace LJ with the recievers we have and expect success! WE NEED BALANCE!!!

As far as declining numbers go, if you go by numbers, he had a better year this season than he did last season. I know, I know, more games! But when you start bringin up the whole yds per carry thing.... the number 1 RB in the league averaged 5.3! There were only 6 other RB's in the top 30 that had significantly ( more than .5 better) better averages! And only 2 of them were within 5 TD's of LJ! Don't start bringin up averages and comparing him to other RB's in the league because there aren't many that are even close!

My whole point on this issue is that Peterson isn't even willing to budge on the talks. We all know that he deserves more money! Trust me on this, Peterson is fast becoming the new Bidwill of the NFL. He never wants to pay anyone what they deserve! An extension for one of the best backs in the league that worked his *** off last season for the organization isn't asking too much. If they would both give just a little i think they could resolve this but Peterson doesn't even want to talk!

Sweets
07-11-2007, 06:32 PM
Kennison, isn't he like 100?

Canada
07-11-2007, 06:34 PM
So, you would rather have the #1 offense in the league than have a team that has multiple threats??? Come on bud! Eddie Kennison is your savior? Seriously!

A) I want Gonzales to catch the ball but most of the time he is too busy helping the O line block! Look at his numbers from 2005 to 2006. DOWN!

B) I'm still waiting for an offensive lineman!! Have been for 2 years!

C)Something above avg???? How about 1800 yds and 17 touchdowns!!

Look, you are proving my point. The fact that they have 8 or 9 in the box every fricken play hurts the RB position! Look at all the teams with medeocre RB's and you will find above avg. recievers! ( Decent teams) There's no way in hell you could bring in two avg. RB's to replace LJ with the recievers we have and expect success! WE NEED BALANCE!!!

As far as declining numbers go, if you go by numbers, he had a better year this season than he did last season. I know, I know, more games! But when you start bringin up the whole yds per carry thing.... the number 1 RB in the league averaged 5.3! There were only 6 other RB's in the top 30 that had significantly ( more than .5 better) better averages! And only 2 of them were within 5 TD's of LJ! Don't start bringin up averages and comparing him to other RB's in the league because there aren't many that are even close!

My whole point on this issue is that Peterson isn't even willing to budge on the talks. We all know that he deserves more money! Trust me on this, Peterson is fast becoming the new Bidwill of the NFL. He never wants to pay anyone what they deserve! An extension for one of the best backs in the league that worked his *** off last season for the organization isn't asking too much. If they would both give just a little i think they could resolve this but Peterson doesn't even want to talk!

I am not getting into the "balanced team" argument with anyone again. I agree LJ deserves more than he is getting but not as much as he is asking.

DrunkHillbilly
07-11-2007, 06:37 PM
Lj isn't happy about not getting an extension and all of a sudden he gets compared to T.O?????? I;m not sure what your smokin but it has obviously taken affect! Man, I wish some of you guys lived here in Az. You think you have something to complain about.

DrunkHillbilly
07-11-2007, 06:39 PM
I am not getting into the "balanced team" argument with anyone again. I agree LJ deserves more than he is getting but not as much as he is asking.

Not arguing just tryin to spread a little light. Winning teams all have balance!

Doesn't really matter though. the Patriots are going to win the whole deal!

Sweets
07-11-2007, 06:40 PM
Heat, desert, scorpions, spiders....Card fans....??????? lol

chief31
07-11-2007, 06:44 PM
Lj isn't happy about not getting an extension and all of a sudden he gets compared to T.O?????? I;m not sure what your smokin but it has obviously taken affect! Man, I wish some of you guys lived here in Az. You think you have something to complain about.

He has had some attitude issues, since he came into the league. I think it a stretch, to compare him to T.O., but a liitle exaggeration, often helps, in making a point.

Sweets
07-11-2007, 06:45 PM
Unless LJ is throwing his QB under the bus, don't compare him to T.O.

DrunkHillbilly
07-11-2007, 06:45 PM
Heat...Only brutal 3 months out of the year. It's like San Diego the other 9.

Desert...yea but it's beautiful. Not like on TV.

Scorpions... Don't see very often.

Spiders... No more than anywhere else.

Cards fan...I'm tryin! It's gettin easier over the last few years! They may actually be decent this year.

Sweets
07-11-2007, 06:46 PM
As a 49er fan, I HOPE NOT!!!!

DrunkHillbilly
07-11-2007, 06:47 PM
He has had some attitude issues, since he came into the league. I think it a stretch, to compare him to T.O., but a liitle exaggeration, often helps, in making a point.

Let's face it, when these guys come into the league it's not ALL about the money! Don't get me wrong, they definetly want to get paid and I think they are all OVER paid but some of these guys actually like to play the game! You know how it is, it sucks when you don't get to play! Some handle it better than others.

DrunkHillbilly
07-11-2007, 06:49 PM
As a 49er fan, I HOPE NOT!!!!

Niners are going to be decent this year as well. I think it will be a good division fight between all 4 teams. Maybe one of the better races to watch!

Sweets
07-11-2007, 06:51 PM
IMO the Rams are going to be the forerunner unless Bulger keeps holding out..lol

chief31
07-11-2007, 06:55 PM
Let's face it, when these guys come into the league it's not ALL about the money! Don't get me wrong, they definetly want to get paid and I think they are all OVER paid but some of these guys actually like to play the game! You know how it is, it sucks when you don't get to play! Some handle it better than others.

It's not just that. He made a ricist remark, about not being able to have the same kind of connection, with a white coach, as he has, with Herm. He, often, throws his arms down, to his sides and appears to "pout" his way, out of bounds, on sweeps. He has made a statement about blocking Shawn Merrimen 10,000 times, in a game, or something exaggerative, like that. Complaining about the previous coach; complaining about play-calling. (which, by the way, was the only kind of play that he puts any effort into.) I haven't even taken issue, with his behaviour, over this "hold-out). I think he has acted better than I would have expected.

chief31
07-11-2007, 06:57 PM
Niners are going to be decent this year as well. I think it will be a good division fight between all 4 teams. Maybe one of the better races to watch!

I agree. I think the Seahawks are the best, of the bunch. But, I like each of those teams, alot, this season.

Sweets
07-11-2007, 06:59 PM
Not having a connection with a white coach IMO isn't a racist comment, its a comment that he felt strongly enough about to say. I work with a lot of Asian upper management and trust me I have a better connection with a white or black manager.

Canada
07-11-2007, 07:01 PM
It still isn't a comment that a young running back should be making to the media.

DrunkHillbilly
07-11-2007, 07:01 PM
Thanks for the debate!!! I like a little heated conversation without everyone gettin all butt hurt!

Canada
07-11-2007, 07:02 PM
Thanks for the debate!!! I like a little heated conversation without everyone gettin all butt hurt!

Man...if gettin butt hurt is the result of disagreeing with you, i am on your side for everything! :)

DrunkHillbilly
07-11-2007, 07:05 PM
Man...if gettin butt hurt is the result of disagreeing with you, i am on your side for everything! :)

Hell, I'm just glad it's time to talk FOOTBALL !!!!! Now that the Suns have pissed me of I guess it's the Chiefs turn!!

chief31
07-11-2007, 07:11 PM
Not having a connection with a white coach IMO isn't a racist comment, its a comment that he felt strongly enough about to say. I work with a lot of Asian upper management and trust me I have a better connection with a white or black manager.

Would it be racist for a white player, to say that he could never have the same kind of connection, with a black coach, that he can with a white coach?

DrunkHillbilly
07-11-2007, 07:19 PM
Dude if that happened Al Sharpton would be all over it!!

Sweets
07-11-2007, 07:23 PM
Would it be racist for a white player, to say that he could never have the same kind of connection, with a black coach, that he can with a white coach?

As I said IMO, no...people just need to be just a tad more tolerant and not jump to the conclusions that it's always a racial thing and not a cultural one instead.

YZILLA
07-11-2007, 07:32 PM
K ........I thinks its time we all sit down and have a beer and relax. Regardless of what each team will or will not do this season I will be in the parking lot setting up my grill at 8:45 and cracking a beer and meeting new and great people at every game I attend this year ( at least 6 ) I drive 6 hours to Missouri because I love The whole experience of Chiefs Football. I am closer to the Vikings but who the hell would want to go and tailgate in some little business parking lot in Downtown Minneappolis. Not me and not to mention ( A DOME Game ) . If I lived near anyone of the teams we have mentioned I could be a huge fan . I love the atmoshere of the Chiefs games as a whole not just the game . They will lose and have lost when I am there. But I will still go home yelling Touchdown KAAANNSSSAASSS City in the car for the whole trip. And praying for the next game so I can pack up and go and do it all over again. PEACE to each and everyone of you who have entered into this heated argument . Let us remember what is truley important ( Family and Fiends/Health ) . I would love for all of us to hook up and drink some beer in the parking lot this season. Tell me which lot and Ill be there ! Later Friends........YZILLA

chief31
07-11-2007, 08:15 PM
As I said IMO, no...people just need to be just a tad more tolerant and not jump to the conclusions that it's always a racial thing and not a cultural one instead.

I would agree, that people tend to over-react, alot. However, to say that you can connect with one race of people, but not with another race, is flat-out racist. Or, that you prefer a certain race of people....

Sweets
07-11-2007, 10:48 PM
I would agree, that people tend to over-react, alot. However, to say that you can connect with one race of people, but not with another race, is flat-out racist. Or, that you prefer a certain race of people....

Well I prefer a certain race of people...preferably from the HUMAN race...:p

Coach
07-11-2007, 11:25 PM

Nice One.

Coach
07-11-2007, 11:32 PM
K ........I thinks its time we all sit down and have a beer and relax. Regardless of what each team will or will not do this season I will be in the parking lot setting up my grill at 8:45 and cracking a beer and meeting new and great people at every game I attend this year ( at least 6 ) I drive 6 hours to Missouri because I love The whole experience of Chiefs Football. I am closer to the Vikings but who the hell would want to go and tailgate in some little business parking lot in Downtown Minneappolis. Not me and not to mention ( A DOME Game ) . If I lived near anyone of the teams we have mentioned I could be a huge fan . I love the atmoshere of the Chiefs games as a whole not just the game . They will lose and have lost when I am there. But I will still go home yelling Touchdown KAAANNSSSAASSS City in the car for the whole trip. And praying for the next game so I can pack up and go and do it all over again. PEACE to each and everyone of you who have entered into this heated argument . Let us remember what is truley important ( Family and Fiends/Health ) . I would love for all of us to hook up and drink some beer in the parking lot this season. Tell me which lot and Ill be there ! Later Friends........YZILLA

I really love your enthusiasm for the Chiefs. You're getting green rep for that post. It really is an experience at Arrowhead. Not many stadiums can say the same. Over the last 15 years I have lived in Chicago, San Diego, Phoenix, Indy, and Detroit. The only stadium of those I just mentioned that offers remotely the same experience in my mind is Soldier Field in Chicago. Those boys love Da Bears.

But I'll take my Chiefs any day of the week. Great people, great stadium, great fans, great tailgating, and GREAT football. I love dem Chiefs!:pepper:

DrunkHillbilly
07-11-2007, 11:52 PM
Say it loud brotha!!!

TXChief
07-12-2007, 06:42 PM
I went to a Chiefs game in phoenix a few years ago and it was almost like being at Arrowhead. Alot more chiefs fans than Card fans. When Bono scored on a 76 yard TD run it sounded like Arrowhead. Any where you are with alot of Chiefs fans is fun.

DrunkHillbilly
07-13-2007, 07:00 PM
There are several games a year like that here! Since we have the new stadium( last season) it has gotten better. There is actually a waiting line for season tickets! Fans just didn't want to sit out in 100 degree weather to watch the team lose!!! Now we have an AWESOME retractable roof stadium and the team is even making strides to improve!! Like I said before, Carl peterson is quickly becoming the Bidwill of the NFL by not spending any money on free agency!

TXChief
07-13-2007, 07:20 PM
What free agent did you want him to sign?

Chiefster
07-13-2007, 09:14 PM
I don't dislike LJ; not in love with the guys attitude, and I think he does deserved more money but what he is asking for is not realistic. IMO.

Chiefster
07-13-2007, 09:14 PM
Welcome aboard Sweets!

DrunkHillbilly
07-13-2007, 09:33 PM
What free agent did you want him to sign?

Uhhh, how bout ANY!! Here are a few WR's off the top of my head that I can remember being available over the last 2-3 years....i'm sure some are restricted but that doesn't mean you shouldn't even test the waters!

Deion Branch
Plaxico Burress
Reggie Wayne
Javon Walker
Donte Stallworth
Keenan McCardell
Andre Davis
Ernest Wilford
Antonio Bryant

I guarantee there are more but these are a few!

TXChief
07-14-2007, 08:30 AM
So Carl is turning into Bidwill because he hasnt signed a free agent WR? Nobody will ever suck as bad as long as Bidwill, he is the true king of suck. I think you build the core of your team from the draft and you fill holes with free agents. Last year we signed Law, Reed, and R Edwards. This year we signed Harris, Boone and D Edwards. We were in the playoffs last year and he is as bad as Bidwill?

Chiefster
07-14-2007, 08:42 AM
So Carl is turning into Bidwill because he hasnt signed a free agent WR? Nobody will ever suck as bad as long as Bidwill, he is the true king of suck. I think you build the core of your team from the draft and you fill holes with free agents. Last year we signed Law, Reed, and R Edwards. This year we signed Harris, Boone and D Edwards. We were in the playoffs last year and he is as bad as Bidwill?

Hmmmmm; makes ya wonder just how many responses King Carl would get if he yelled "Edwards!" in the locker room.

DrunkHillbilly
07-14-2007, 11:08 AM

While signing Law was an ok signing last season, he got burned a bundle of times but I liked it anyway. Reed and Edwards just replaced back ups that we already had. We could have brought guys up from the practice squad to fill those positions.

This season, Donnie Edwards I like. The other 2, they might be lucky to see the playing field.

I want him to shell out some money for someone who can make an offensive contribution. In the past, we have had such good offenses and it seems like for the last few years, we have been getting away from that. We have done a good job of sureing up our defense and I would like to see some offensive players that will impact things signed.

We have a top 3 RB. A top 2 or 3 TE. Need some help at O line. NO RECEIVERS! And even though Huard a (journeyman) did a pretty good job last season, we are turning the ball over to him or a rookie???? There were several QB's that changed teams this year( not sure if many of the free agents were worth while) but maybe a few and there were several that got traded. I don't think we even looked!

I do agree that you build your team through the draft and fill holes with free agents, but with the exception of 2 out of the 6 you mentioned, they are scrubs. Not to mention the didn't cost anything. No guaranteed contracts here!

Not only is Bidwill the king of suck, he is the king of signing old worn down veterans that are on there last leg and scrubs who will never see the field( that's where the comparison comes in to play). The last couple of years he has ponied up a little and the prospects of this team turning it around are a little brighter but it's been a looooooooooooooooong time since there's been any hope in the state of AZ. as far as football has been concerned!!!!

And seriously, don't even talk about how we backed into the playoffs last season! I was almost embarrassed by that. Then, I was definitely embarrassed by the playoff performance!!!

TXChief
07-14-2007, 12:04 PM
It will take more than one freeagent. We need some linemen to help our offence. I know a big time WR would help our o-line, but aleast we have some youth at WR.
Dont you think Harris is an upgrade at MLB?
Id rather back into the playoffs than not be in the playoffs. I got to watch the Chiefs play one more half game of football. By half time I was so drunk i couldnt see the tv. I guess drinking them pretty only works on women.

DrunkHillbilly
07-14-2007, 12:21 PM
It will take more than one freeagent. We need some linemen to help our offence. I know a big time WR would help our o-line, but aleast we have some youth at WR.
Id rather back into the playoffs than not be in the playoffs. I got to watch the Chiefs play one more half game of football. By half time I was so drunk i couldnt see the tv. I guess drinking them pretty only works on women.

Yea, tough to drink that debacle pretty! I think Harris is an ok addition I guess. He's just another one of those players that doesn't do a bunch except occupy that position. He's probably been in the league 5,6,7 years and only has a handfull of sacks, not many forced fumbles, very few int's and probably has averaged 35-40 tackles. Just kinda there ya know.

I hope your right about the Youth at receiver.

Chiefster
07-16-2007, 01:02 AM

I read ya.

texaschief
07-16-2007, 01:26 AM
looks like we as Chiefs fans may need to be looking at Green Bay. We can pick a couple of players off that team and a first round pick. . . so, who do we want? I say this because the rumors out of GB is that they've been keeping a close eye on the negotiations. The Packers also have a lot of cap room to lock LJ up.

Chiefster
07-16-2007, 01:30 AM
looks like we as Chiefs fans may need to be looking at Green Bay. We can pick a couple of players off that team and a first round pick. . . so, who do we want? I say this because the rumors out of GB is that they've been keeping a close eye on the negotiations. The Packers also have a lot of cap room to lock LJ up.

Anything, of course, is possible, but I really do look Carl to cut a deal in order to keep LJ with the Chiefs.

Nite Crowd!

TXChief
07-16-2007, 05:42 PM
Carl will pay LJ after he signs the new draft picks. Thats what hes done in the past.

Coach
07-16-2007, 11:42 PM
I think Harris was a nice pickup. I'd also rater be in the playoffs. Whether they 'backed in' or not. I also was drinking during that game. I drank a six pack in the first half. I wish I'd drank more so that I wouldn't remember it.

Carl will pay LJ after he signs the new draft picks. Thats what hes done in the past.

I really hope you're right. I just hope we don't pay thru the nose for him.

Chiefster
07-18-2007, 12:30 AM

Yep; Carl will get the deal done.