PDA

View Full Version : Who retires/leaves after the season?

jmlamerson
10-23-2008, 10:36 AM
I think you will see Brian Waters, Tony G., Donnie Edwards, Patrick Surtain, and Damon Huard retire (or demand a trade) after the season.

Does anyone know who's contracts are up? I know Page's is, and I can't imagine anyone paying him 1/2 of what the Chiefs will overpay to keep a safety who can't tackle or provide coverage.

Is it possible, the with the exceptions of Bowe and Flowers, we'll have no skilled players left worth anything?

DMN
10-23-2008, 10:42 AM
Yeah I will agree with that. The thing that makes me sick to my stomach is that we will need so much help from free agency just to be competitive but no one will want to come to the chiefs. I will be surprised if we even get single impact player from FA next offseason.

Hayvern
10-23-2008, 10:44 AM
I think you will see Brian Waters, Tony G., Donnie Edwards, Patrick Surtain, and Damon Huard retire (or demand a trade) after the season.

Does anyone know who's contracts are up? I know Page's is, and I can't imagine anyone paying him 1/2 of what the Chiefs will overpay to keep a safety who can't tackle or provide coverage.

Is it possible, the with the exceptions of Bowe and Flowers, we'll have no skilled players left worth anything?

We will still have Colquitt :lol:

Seriously, I think you are right, though I think Waters and Edwards might stay if Herm or Carl or both are fired. I think no matter what TG and Surtain are both gone whether they retire, or they are traded or, in the case of Surtain, released.

Seek
10-23-2008, 01:01 PM

Alphonso Boone and Ron Edwards as well.

slc chief
10-23-2008, 01:06 PM
tony g trades brian waters retired donnie edwards old folk home bj sams cut pat surtain dropped damon huard retire sacintosh cut hopefully the list could go on and on i do like our new fullback cox he will stay

Seek
10-23-2008, 01:27 PM
tony g trades brian waters retired donnie edwards old folk home bj sams cut pat surtain dropped damon huard retire sacintosh cut hopefully the list could go on and on i do like our new fullback cox he will stay

Sams is already cut. He was released when we brought in the other WR a couple weeks ago. Dang, I forgot his name. He went to OU, I think his name is Bradford, but me thinks I may be mixing that up with their current QB.

slc chief
10-23-2008, 02:17 PM
Sams is already cut. He was released when we brought in the other WR a couple weeks ago. Dang, I forgot his name. He went to OU, I think his name is Bradford, but me thinks I may be mixing that up with their current QB.
i forgot all about that it is mark bradley i believe here are some more players to be gone ingle martin dont think he will make it who knows alfonso boone j.p darche possibly patterson as well

jmlamerson
10-23-2008, 02:18 PM
i forgot all about that it is mark bradley i believe here are some more players to be gone ingle martin dont think he will make it who knows alfonso boone j.p darche possibly patterson as well

Well, I know a lot of people will be cut. I was more asking who was going to leave voluntarily.

Seek
10-23-2008, 03:57 PM
Well, I know a lot of people will be cut. I was more asking who was going to leave voluntarily.

A bunch of season tickets holders. Thats for sure.

slc chief
10-23-2008, 04:00 PM
A bunch of season tickets holders. Thats for sure.
that was funny

jtandcrew
10-24-2008, 04:51 AM
Lets hope we can get rid of LJ at end of season. He has turned out to be nothing more than a Terrell Owens. He wasnt happy till he got to a team HE was happy with. Waters retires, if he dosent? I would be surprised. Huard? cut. Edwards? cut. I would be surprised if they brought him back 1 more year. Surtain? cut or MAYBE traded. He might still have value as a slot DB. Other than that I cant think of anyone else atm.

jtandcrew
10-24-2008, 04:53 AM

How can you leave voluntarily if you are under contract? If it was possible I think TG woulda left last year!

Dyno-Mite
10-24-2008, 09:19 AM
Lets hope we can get rid of LJ at end of season. He has turned out to be nothing more than a Terrell Owens. He wasnt happy till he got to a team HE was happy with. Waters retires, if he dosent? I would be surprised. Huard? cut. Edwards? cut. I would be surprised if they brought him back 1 more year. Surtain? cut or MAYBE traded. He might still have value as a slot DB. Other than that I cant think of anyone else atm.

If L.J. leaves then that's bad news for us.I do believe that Kolby Smith still can be a better dependable option at the starter position instead of Jamaal Charles if L.J. leaves.

Seek
10-24-2008, 09:26 AM
If L.J. leaves then that's bad news for us.I do believe that Kolby Smith still can be a better dependable option at the starter position instead of Jamaal Charles if L.J. leaves.

Just like most running backs in the league. The running back is only as good as his offensive line. With a good offensive line, LJ will look great. Behind a bad offensive line, LJ will look horrible.

Unlike your theory, I think the Chiefs need four new offensive lineman. By the time this team gets turned around in the aspect of having a line and QB. LJ would already be gone because of his attitude.

wolfpack
10-24-2008, 10:18 AM
isn`t DJ`s contract up soon? TG and Waters might stay if the right gm and coach came along.

jtandcrew
10-24-2008, 12:09 PM
Just like most running backs in the league. The running back is only as good as his offensive line. With a good offensive line, LJ will look great. Behind a bad offensive line, LJ will look horrible.

Unlike your theory, I think the Chiefs need four new offensive lineman. By the time this team gets turned around in the aspect of having a line and QB. LJ would already be gone because of his attitude.

As I said in a earlier thread, I really think we are just 2 guards away from having a good line NEXT year. Waters will prob not want to return to another year of this. And Jones hasnt proved anything to me yet. I think Albert at LT Niswanger at C and Taylor at RT... all 3 will come into their own after a season of starting.

m0ef0e
10-24-2008, 03:09 PM
As I said in a earlier thread, I really think we are just 2 guards away from having a good line NEXT year. Waters will prob not want to return to another year of this. And Jones hasnt proved anything to me yet. I think Albert at LT Niswanger at C and Taylor at RT... all 3 will come into their own after a season of starting.

We will still need another decent tackle and 1 more guard for depth-- at least.

Seek
10-24-2008, 03:43 PM

I have seen nothing of Niswanger to lead me to believe that.

I like Herb Taylor but at this point in time, I am afraid we are giving him more credit than he deserves only because he doesn't suck as bad as Sacintosh. He is a good pass blocker but is laking run blocking.

Even if Waters returns. His performance has been just as bad as the rest of the offensive line and the Chiefs need to think about upgrading all accross the line.

jap1
10-24-2008, 04:01 PM
I have seen nothing of Niswanger to lead me to believe that.

I like Herb Taylor but at this point in time, I am afraid we are giving him more credit than he deserves only because he doesn't suck as bad as Sacintosh. He is a good pass blocker but is laking run blocking.

Even if Waters returns. His performance has been just as bad as the rest of the offensive line and the Chiefs need to think about upgrading all accross the line.

Problem is that any o-lineman is only as good as the guy standing next to him. The best lineman can only block one guy at a time. So if they throw 2 guys into the C-G gap, the C and G have to trust each other and pick up the right guy. If one of them messes up, they both look like they messed up.

I think Waters has been decent. He doesnt look great because people have been sending blitzes to overload Albert and Waters look bad by association.

I hope he doesnt leave. If he stays we can draft a 3rd-4th Rd guard for him to mentor, and just pick up a RT and RG in FA. Our line will be decent, and ready to improve with experience. If Waters leaves, I hope he decides soon after the season so we have time to replace him ... not like some of our other great O-lineman.

Bike
10-24-2008, 06:20 PM
LJ, Tony G., Croyle, Huard, probably already gone.
Webb and Darling - seeya. Pat Thomas, Surtain, Mcbride
Boone, Tamba, both Edwards (3 including Herm) - later.
Entire OL - flush it.
Bring in Cowher. Take Stafford as first pick. Rest of draft OL and DL.
Almost forgot - Clark loses Chiefs in side bet to Mark Cuban at charity golf outing in Dallas.
Oh, ok. I'm awake now.

hardcorechiefsfan
10-24-2008, 09:12 PM

Does anyone know who's contracts are up?

Isn't Tony's contract up after this season?

jap1
10-24-2008, 10:11 PM
Isn't Tony's contract up after this season?

In '07 I am pretty sure he signed a 5 year deal. So he would have 3 years left after this season.