PDA

View Full Version : colt mccoy is staying in college

slc chief
10-23-2008, 05:18 PM
scratch him off the list of possible qbs for kc in 2009 kind of sucks he would have been a later pick and is already being compared to romo

texaschief
10-23-2008, 05:22 PM
Vince Young said the same thing before they won the title in January of 2006. I'll believe these comments when they happen closer to the draft. If people get in his ear and start telling him that he'll be the #1 pick or a top 5 pick and could make all that money, it's going to be difficult for him to say no.

All I'm saying is wait until january or february to take it to the bank.

slc chief
10-23-2008, 05:26 PM
Vince Young said the same thing before they won the title in January of 2006. I'll believe these comments when they happen closer to the draft. If people get in his ear and start telling him that he'll be the #1 pick or a top 5 pick and could make all that money, it's going to be difficult for him to say no.

All I'm saying is wait until january or february to take it to the bank.
i think it is probably win win for you right do you watch him every weekend what do you think could he make it in the nfl

texaschief
10-23-2008, 05:44 PM
i think it is probably win win for you right do you watch him every weekend what do you think could he make it in the nfl

I thought he was really good his freshman year. He set college passing records for freshmen. But, i thought he was too small. It showed last year when he got hurt. He added 15 lbs. this season and now he's a freakin stud. He's a better runner and decision maker and a more accurate passer than Vince Young who was the 7th pick overall.

Without a doubt, he'd be the best QB to come out this year if he decided to do so... and that's even considering the likelihood that Bradford and Tebow will probably come out early as well.

McCoy is the real deal.

Three7s
10-23-2008, 06:09 PM
I thought he was really good his freshman year. He set college passing records for freshmen. But, i thought he was too small. It showed last year when he got hurt. He added 15 lbs. this season and now he's a freakin stud. He's a better runner and decision maker and a more accurate passer than Vince Young who was the 7th pick overall.

Without a doubt, he'd be the best QB to come out this year if he decided to do so... and that's even considering the likelihood that Bradford and Tebow will probably come out early as well.

McCoy is the real deal.
I think Tebow is gonna be a bust, I just don't like how his style of QBing will translate to the NFL. People always talk about Bradford, and yes he is extremely accurate, but I think he's slightly overrated. Still gonna be a good NFL QB, though.

Stafford is the guy I'm highest on. He plays behind a HORRIBLE O-line in Georgia and still finds ways to make plays. He has a cannon for an arm and makes decent decisions. McCoy would be my next pick, but I heard him say that he'd go back to college a few weeks ago, so I wrote him off.

slc chief
10-23-2008, 06:38 PM
I think Tebow is gonna be a bust, I just don't like how his style of QBing will translate to the NFL. People always talk about Bradford, and yes he is extremely accurate, but I think he's slightly overrated. Still gonna be a good NFL QB, though.

Stafford is the guy I'm highest on. He plays behind a HORRIBLE O-line in Georgia and still finds ways to make plays. He has a cannon for an arm and makes decent decisions. McCoy would be my next pick, but I heard him say that he'd go back to college a few weeks ago, so I wrote him off.

i agree with the tebow comment he reminds me of alex smith same coach same system i will be bummed if that is who we end up with i disagree with the bradford comment mel kiper stated that he has bradford way ahead of matt ryan as far as translation to the nfl and ryan has been descent but mell is not always right i do like stafford as well

Darth CarlSatan
10-23-2008, 07:10 PM
scratch him off the list of possible qbs for kc in 2009 kind of sucks he would have been a later pick and is already being compared to romo

Staying in College you say?

Good for Texas, GREAT for Kansas City.

McCoy, Bradford, and Daniel = NO GO.

No more toothpicks with great arms; been there, done that.

Darth CarlSatan
10-23-2008, 11:12 PM

I hate preaching to the choir, but every time I see someone give the nod to Stafford, I have to come in and second the motion.
I also like him because he's got a couple of really sneaky, shifty, serpent-like receivers who at times require a split-second "threading adjustment" to properly deliver the ball; and he does.
Stafford's improvisation and adaptation skills are top-tier all the way.

Darth CarlSatan
10-23-2008, 11:23 PM

Dude, look what I found:

Born: Feb. 7, 1988; Major: Speech Communication

I know that's an intangible but damnit; something about that says "will be applicable and useful when leading a team". I like it.

Darth CarlSatan
10-23-2008, 11:39 PM

I was watching some film and interviews with Stafford, and I got my first look at the guy without his helmet on. My initial thought was "he looks like Elway".
Then I noticed the number( duh ), and finally in an interview when asked who his favorite QB was...well, you know the rest.
The interview was pre-recruitment, so I'm sure he's dropped the "baby fat" and put on some muscle since then( it's a relevant concern ).

The kid's stock is growing...:D

jtandcrew
10-24-2008, 04:15 AM

If he wins the Hiesmon he will go into the draft. That will most likely move him up a round.

jtandcrew
10-24-2008, 04:16 AM
I was watching some film and interviews with Stafford, and I got my first look at the guy without his helmet on. My initial thought was "he looks like Elway".
Then I noticed the number( duh ), and finally in an interview when asked who his favorite QB was...well, you know the rest.
The interview was pre-recruitment, so I'm sure he's dropped the "baby fat" and put on some muscle since then( it's a relevant concern ).

The kid's stock is growing...:D

NO HORSE FACE JOHN THE II IN KC! :lol:

yashi
10-24-2008, 09:53 AM
It's driving me crazy that people are eating up this Texas offense now whenever a QB is nearing the end of his stint... it's a gimmick offense, not to mention the guy is the size of Brodie Croyle.

Vince Young was a pro bowler his rookie year because his team (not him) won games. He's a terrible NFL quarterback, and McCoy will be too.

And the worst part about it? Some team will take him and pass on a much better talent ala Young/Leinart over Cutler.

Who knows what QBs are going to be available for sure since they're all juniors and down for the most part. Stafford is the most talented quarterback, and the most NFL ready being that he plays in an NFL style offense. I think Bradford has much less of a bust factor however since he has been incredibly successful at the college level and Stafford has not, but he's only a sophomore and will likely not come out.

Darth CarlSatan
10-24-2008, 11:35 AM
NO HORSE FACE JOHN THE II IN KC! :lol:

Awww, come on man; wouldn't you rather have a Horse Face throwing FOR YOU instead of against?
:bananen_smilies046:

jtandcrew
10-24-2008, 11:37 AM
Awww, come on man; wouldn't you rather have a Horse Face throwing FOR YOU instead of against?
:bananen_smilies046:

Im sorry, you lost me when you compared him to horse face John! :lol: