PDA

View Full Version : What NFL newtork critics say about Herm Edwards.

ASDF
10-23-2008, 06:07 PM
You could jump to the last 2 mins to hear what they say about Herm.

Spoilers alert "He's safe". But they do put Carl in hot water.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80bd75f0

slc chief
10-23-2008, 06:34 PM
thanks for the link i can see it now herm playing the without a qb card and the injuries pleauged us at that position card and he might get a pass i can see carl gone though hopefully it is both

JMDChiefs58
10-23-2008, 08:14 PM
All of the sudden I like Marshall Faulk.

Hayvern
10-23-2008, 08:39 PM
Guys, neither of them will go. I am on the record for saying it right now! Mark it down. Carl and Herm are both experiencing what we like to term at my job "job security"!

Seriously, Hunt is not going to fire Peterson with Peterson being one year away from retirement, and Edwards is safe as long as Peterson is there.

This is the sad reality check that we all have to be willing to face.

tornadospotter
10-23-2008, 09:49 PM
As I have also stated many times, Hate it, like I do, Carl is not going to be fired! He will retire, or leave when his contract is done, and Arrowhead is done or mostly done with renovations!
I really wish Clark would can his ***, just do not see it happening.

Darth CarlSatan
10-23-2008, 10:08 PM
All of the sudden I like Marshall Faulk.

Yep; "Drinking milk-plus at the Faulk Milk Bar I was". "Feeling all warm in me gutty-wutts, and sharpened up for a bit of the old 'Ultra-Violence' when Carl I came to call on".
-Alex.
Head Droog
Clockwork Orange.
:D

Guru
10-24-2008, 12:31 AM
thanks for the link i can see it now herm playing the without a qb card and the injuries pleauged us at that position card and he might get a pass i can see carl gone though hopefully it is both

Hey Herm!!! Did you ever wonder why your QBs can't stay healthy? Take a look at what you put on your O-lines you idiot.

Darth CarlSatan
10-24-2008, 12:39 AM
Hey Herm!!! Did you ever wonder why your QBs can't stay healthy? Take a look at what you put on your O-lines you idiot.

What's "Goal Line Blitz"?

PawnshopMarimba
10-24-2008, 01:20 AM

I've said it before, I'll say it again: If the quarterbacks were Herm's or Carl's children, he'd have them removed from his custody by Social Services under grounds of negligence.

The offensive line is obscenely bad. Branden Albert, as strong as he's been playing, wasn't enough. We had an amazingly good cushion in the salary cap, so we should've made a run at someone during the FA period like Anthony Clement. But, to my knowledge, we didn't. Why? He's "old". So f*cking what? A youth movement is FINE, but what's wrong with signing a vet to fill in at key positions where your talent is COMPLETELY AWFUL?

Darth CarlSatan
10-24-2008, 02:26 AM
I've said it before, I'll say it again: If the quarterbacks were Herm's or Carl's children, he'd have them removed from his custody by Social Services under grounds of negligence.

The offensive line is obscenely bad. Branden Albert, as strong as he's been playing, wasn't enough. We had an amazingly good cushion in the salary cap, so we should've made a run at someone during the FA period like Anthony Clement. But, to my knowledge, we didn't. Why? He's "old". So f*cking what? A youth movement is FINE, but what's wrong with signing a vet to fill in at key positions where your talent is COMPLETELY AWFUL?

I totally see your point, but I think the REAL question is:
If this is a "Youth Movement", why can't we establish a Meritocracy and get the dead weight off the field?
Did you notice that Herb Taylor did a good job when Albert went out against Denver? Does he not possibly deserve a shot at benching Sackintosh?
Did you notice Morgan, Williams, and Johnson firing on all cylinders together and performing like a defensive backfield that had promise AND skills?
Did you notice Carr and Flowers looking like the Greatest Rookie CB-Team to ever strut on to an NFL field?

And finally, did you notice that we WON the game?

:bananen_smilies046::bananen_smilies046::bananen_s milies046:

PawnshopMarimba
10-24-2008, 02:55 AM
Exactly. Herb Taylor earned at least a LOOK in another slot on the line. Worst case scenario: he's worse than Sackintosh... but how much worse can you possibly get??

Darth CarlSatan
10-24-2008, 03:30 AM
Exactly. Herb Taylor earned at least a LOOK in another slot on the line. Worst case scenario: he's worse than Sackintosh... but how much worse can you possibly get??

It's been a long time since I had to bring up this kind of scenario; there just weren't any viable cards in the Chiefs deck, and two seasons can feel like a lifetime.
But now that I've committed it to "shareable media", it feels like Gannon/Grbac all over again.

We're at a point where we can and SHOULD institute a team-wide, "The Ol' College Try"-policy in terms of starters.
If you can earn it by playing well consistently, then you should get the job.
Looking back at the Denver game, I never felt for one second then, OR today, that our victory was a fluke.
That squad, on THAT day, had chemistry. It worked.
And it chaps my a** to no end when you watch a guy like Kolby Smith have a great and productive day while LJ sits on the bench, and then you hear Herm say stuff like "We're not sure that he's a starter".
Call me old-fashioned, but I believe that your game and your attitude, and the way you carry yourself should be all of the "evaluation" a coach should need; contracts be damned.

jtandcrew
10-24-2008, 03:34 AM
I really think it will be next yeat before Albert shows his true stuff. Its hard to be a LT when you have a right handed QB. Taylor DOES deserve a look at RT. I think it will be a little bit easier of a position for him to learn. Also with Niswanger, I think he needs 1 good year under his belt to get to know the position. I think where we are going to hurt at most is going to be at the guard positions. I would be surprised to see Waters back next year. I think the first 3 picks we get depending on whos there should be used exclusively on the O-line. Unless we get 1 of the better QB's in the 3rd.

chief31
10-25-2008, 02:02 AM

Chris Terry?

I think the first 3 picks we get depending on whos there should be used exclusively on the O-line. Unless we get 1 of the better QB's in the 3rd.

AMEN!!! (Maybe not three, but I sure wouldn't complain.)

m0ef0e
10-25-2008, 02:17 AM
Chris Terry?

:lol:LMFAO

Three7s
10-25-2008, 02:27 AM
I thought Jordan Black and Svitek were pretty bad, but whatever.

m0ef0e
10-25-2008, 02:29 AM
I thought Jordan Black and Svitek were pretty bad, but whatever.

The list goes on...

PawnshopMarimba
10-26-2008, 01:04 PM
Chris Terry?

Ha! As soon as I posted that, I anticipated a Trezelle Jenkins reference, but Chris Terry works too. :-)

josh1971
10-26-2008, 10:16 PM
I think if Waters is going to retire, we should draft one stallion guard, and get another one, an actual, real, bona fide *Veteran* free agent for the other one. I'm all for a young line, but a guy who's been doing it for a while would be a welcome addition, too.

And what about the other guy we drafted this year for O-line? Have we heard anything out of him? Barry Richardson would almost have to be better than Macintosh.

And... oh my god, a Trezelle Jenkins reference

eek!

jb

Darth CarlSatan
10-26-2008, 10:49 PM
Ha! As soon as I posted that, I anticipated a Trezelle Jenkins reference, but Chris Terry works too. :-)

I'm familiar with pawnshops, and I'm familiar with marimbas, but I've never seen a marimba in a pawnshop.

Do you play?

jtandcrew
10-27-2008, 10:14 AM

I woulda done the Jenkins reference but, he was so bad I couldnt remember his name! It was on the tip of my tongue but just couldnt remember.