PDA

View Full Version : QB situation

DrunkHillbilly
07-10-2007, 01:44 PM
Is it really looking like Brodey Croyle is going to be our starting QB?? I hope he looks real, really good because I thought Damon did a pretty good job last season when Trent went down!

Coach
07-10-2007, 06:36 PM
I also hope he does well. It is comforting to know that Huard is waiting in the wings. He didn't do too bad of a job last year in a stripped down offense.

chief31
07-10-2007, 11:34 PM
My opinion, is that Huard should start, to see if he was for real, last season. If not, then Croyle would be forced into action, a little early.

Coach
07-10-2007, 11:38 PM
My opinion, is that Huard should start, to see if he was for real, last season. If not, then Croyle would be forced into action, a little early.

Interesting. I think everyone would like to know if Huard is as good as his record was last year. You'd hate to see Brodie come out and struggle, only for us to bring in Huard and have him struggle as well and then have to go back to Croyle. That would really suck.

DrunkHillbilly
07-11-2007, 12:15 AM
No doubt Huard should start but you never know what this brilliant coach we have will do. He is obviously looking to get younger which isn't a bad thing . I'm just not all that crazy about Herm and his game plan. Mangini sure turned Edwards' program around in a hurry!!

Coach
07-11-2007, 01:07 AM
No doubt Huard should start but you never know what this brilliant coach we have will do. He is obviously looking to get younger which isn't a bad thing . I'm just not all that crazy about Herm and his game plan. Mangini sure turned Edwards' program around in a hurry!!

There are a lot of people in Chiefs nation that share your skepticism about Hermie.

chief31
07-11-2007, 01:35 AM
What?!?!? WHERE?!?!? I'll straighten them out.

Sweets
07-11-2007, 06:27 PM
I just don't get it, management is really pushing for Brodey to start when you have a very good and capable QB in Huard. IMO I would start Huard in a heartbeat, the guy is really an underrated QB.

DrunkHillbilly
07-11-2007, 06:32 PM
Let's face it, either of them are going to have a tough year with the lack of recievers and sketchy O line we have. I hope this Bowe kid can bring some hope to the situation.

What's the word on him out there?

chief31
07-11-2007, 06:47 PM
I just don't get it, management is really pushing for Brodey to start when you have a very good and capable QB in Huard. IMO I would start Huard in a heartbeat, the guy is really an underrated QB.

Hit it, on the head. Huard was playing extremely well, especially, when you consider that we had Jordan Black (AKA I-65) blocking his "blind-side".

DrunkHillbilly
07-11-2007, 07:05 PM
What do people in KC think of Peterson?

chief31
07-11-2007, 07:13 PM
What do people in KC think of Peterson?

I'm not in K.C., myself, but, it seems that most hate him. I don't hate him, but he certainly gets me angry, sometimes. He even got me in trouble, once, here, at the Crowd.

Coach
07-12-2007, 12:17 AM
Carl is almost a cussword in these parts.

TXChief
07-12-2007, 05:57 PM
Every time I start to hate Carl I remember the 70s. He pisses me off alot but I cant hate him.

wolfpack
07-13-2007, 03:57 PM
i dont hate him but i`d pay good money to slam the door on him while he leaves,after getting fired.

DrunkHillbilly
07-13-2007, 06:57 PM
He hasn't contributed anything positive to this organization football related in a long, long time! Now he hires his long time friend hermie to drive our team straight into the ground!

Chiefster
07-13-2007, 09:29 PM
I also hope he does well. It is comforting to know that Huard is waiting in the wings. He didn't do too bad of a job last year in a stripped down offense.

:sign0156:

..And, I think that's the way it will go down should Croyle not show the ability to do the job in preseason.

DrunkHillbilly
07-13-2007, 09:35 PM
Are they still talking about Croyle in the local media in KC?

Chiefster
07-13-2007, 09:36 PM
He hasn't contributed anything positive to this organization football related in a long, long time! Now he hires his long time friend hermie to drive our team straight into the ground!

Hey; run, run, pass, punt/field goal. I've made no secret that I'm not a big Hermie fan, but, having said thus, he is who we have as head coach and I am interested in seeing how well things go in this his second year. I do believe that we will have one of the leagues best defenses; however, I've been wrong before.

DrunkHillbilly
07-13-2007, 10:06 PM
Ewww, not sure about that but they will be better than they have in years. I just hope we can have a .500 or slightly above season. Could be ugly for a few years!

Chiefster
07-13-2007, 10:09 PM
Ewww, not sure about that but they will be better than they have in years. I just hope we can have a .500 or slightly above season. Could be ugly for a few years!

Yeah, I'm kinda thinking it'll be an 8-8 season.

DrunkHillbilly
07-13-2007, 10:11 PM
It doesn't help that two of the four teams in our division are going to be atop the leagues best.

Chiefster
07-13-2007, 10:15 PM
It doesn't help that two of the four teams in our division are going to be atop the leagues best.

True; but then again the AFC West has always been tough. IMO

DrunkHillbilly
07-13-2007, 10:43 PM
Always!

Guru
07-13-2007, 11:42 PM
Carl is almost a cussword in these parts.
ALMOST!!!!

Damnit and Carl are synonymous together.

DAMNIT CARL!!!

Guru
07-13-2007, 11:43 PM

If LJ holds out, Huard will start. If we get a new contract worked out for LJ, Croyle starts.

Chiefster
07-13-2007, 11:45 PM
If LJ holds out, Huard will start. If we get a new contract worked out for LJ, Croyle starts.

More then likely.

DrunkHillbilly
07-14-2007, 12:29 AM
Why? Lack of faith in Huard?

TXChief
07-14-2007, 08:39 AM
I think Huard should start, he did a good job last year. Give Brodie another year. Maybe we can fix part of the OL by then.

chief31
07-14-2007, 01:54 PM
I think Huard should start, he did a good job last year. Give Brodie another year. Maybe we can fix part of the OL by then.
I like it. Good call. I don't want to see the kid come in and get beat up, right away.

Canada
07-14-2007, 03:04 PM

I don't mind, I know the Chiefs are there, who's second?

Sweets
07-14-2007, 03:12 PM
^^^Homer to a fault.....sorry Canada....you guys need help and Herm isn't getting for ya...IMO the Chargers and Broncos are ahead of ya.

Canada
07-14-2007, 03:14 PM
Looks that way on paper. Looked that way last year too. I guess the is a reason they play the games every Sunday.

Sweets
07-14-2007, 03:17 PM
I don't know about on paper....I just go by what I see, sure the 49ers helped you guys move on but you can't honestly think that your team right now is better player wise to the Chargers or even the Broncos. I hope the coaches can see past your vision or your team is f*ed...lol

Canada
07-14-2007, 03:28 PM
I am pretty sure we beat Denver and SD last year and they beat us last year. At what positions are we way behind them? RB Larry Johnson, TE Tony, WR Eddie Kennison, linebackers Derrick Johnson, Harris and Edwards. I will give you the O-line and Chump Baily. All young QBs. They don't look any better to me in SD or Den than they do in KC.

Sweets
07-14-2007, 03:50 PM
I am pretty sure we beat Denver and SD last year and they beat us last year. At what positions are we way behind them? RB Larry Johnson, TE Tony, WR Eddie Kennison, linebackers Derrick Johnson, Harris and Edwards. I will give you the O-line and Chump Baily. All young QBs. They don't look any better to me in SD or Den than they do in KC.

Well you don't know if you'll have LJ but I'd take LT anyday, any time he is wayyyyyyyyyyyyy better....TE I'd take Antonio Gates, nothing against Tony just age...and I love Lorenzo Neal..and Kennison isn't he like 100 years old, Merriman, need I say more and Rivers is a more experienced QB then Croyle and Volek as a back up....and Oline help and Champ Bailey as you said. Walker and Smith as WRs and always a huge hitter Lynch...overall I think both teams are more talented right now...

Well we beat the Bronco's but I don't think it was because we were team better just better on that particular day, probably because they were looking past our ****ty team to the playoffs.

TXChief
07-14-2007, 04:02 PM
Its the Afc West. It dosnt matter who has the most talent, its who comes to play that day.

DrunkHillbilly
07-14-2007, 04:18 PM
I don't mind, I know the Chiefs are there, who's second?

I hate to tell ya this but the Chiefs are gonna be fightin it out with the raiders for 3rd place!

Canada
07-14-2007, 05:48 PM
Well you don't know if you'll have LJ but I'd take LT anyday, any time he is wayyyyyyyyyyyyy better....TE I'd take Antonio Gates, nothing against Tony just age...and I love Lorenzo Neal..and Kennison isn't he like 100 years old, Merriman, need I say more and Rivers is a more experienced QB then Croyle and Volek as a back up....and Oline help and Champ Bailey as you said. Walker and Smith as WRs and always a huge hitter Lynch...overall I think both teams are more talented right now...

Well we beat the Bronco's but I don't think it was because we were team better just better on that particular day, probably because they were looking past our ****ty team to the playoffs.

So we still have a better RB than Denver, comparable TE with SD and better than Denver, I'd still like to see Merriman without the juice, and you are calling Kennison old and then mention Lynch in the next sentence? Tivers...QB rating that steadily decreased throughout the season to end at 53 in the month of December. SD can have him. "As far as youth at the QB spot...there are only 21 starts among the AFC West QBs. Rivers dosen't have that much experience.

Sweets
07-14-2007, 06:08 PM
Lynch is still a huge hitter...HUGE!!! Canada, come on Kennison has had what 2 years in his 12 with a little over 1000yds and last year about 850 or so, I wouldn't be bragging about that any time soon. I would pick Rivers to win more games with his oline and offense then Croyle will..

Canada
07-14-2007, 06:17 PM
Lynch is still a huge hitter...HUGE!!! Canada, come on Kennison has had what 2 years in his 12 with a little over 1000yds and last year about 850 or so, I wouldn't be bragging about that any time soon. I would pick Rivers to win more games with his oline and offense then Croyle will..

Don't you mean dirty? Pick who you like. Most people picked the same last year and look how well that worked out.

Sweets
07-14-2007, 06:28 PM
Not all his hits are dirty and every team has players that take extras shots etc, Lynch isn't an isolated player. And as you say, we'll just have to wait and see, but without fixing the oline it may not work out as you hope it will.

Canada
07-14-2007, 06:29 PM
I have volunteered before and I will do it again. I will play on the O-line if necessary. maybe fullback. Wherever I am needed. That is gonna be the wildcard this season. No one will see the crazy drunk Canadian showin up to play. They won;t know what hit em!!

Sweets
07-14-2007, 06:34 PM
hahahahahahahaha, I'll be watching that game...just give a shout out to Sweets from California...

Canada
07-14-2007, 06:36 PM
I will run a ball into the endzone and then pull a marker out of my sock and then...stab T.O. with it. I hate that guy!

Sweets
07-14-2007, 06:38 PM
Well so much for a shout out to Sweets from California I guess...

wolfpack
07-16-2007, 09:51 AM
haurd is a lifetime backup,nothing else. i think he got lucky last year and i`m hoping it will last this year. if he wasnt a lifetime backup somebody else would have signed him for more money. but he`ll start 1st then broide will come in. but i can see broide getting hurt with our line.

Chiefster
07-16-2007, 04:15 PM
haurd is a lifetime backup,nothing else. i think he got lucky last year and i`m hoping it will last this year. if he wasnt a lifetime backup somebody else would have signed him for more money. but he`ll start 1st then broide will come in. but i can see broide getting hurt with our line.

...Sure hope you're wrong; I think that given time to develop Croyle will be a good QB.

chief31
07-16-2007, 05:18 PM

Steve Young was a lifetime backup, until.......

Trent Green was a lifetime backup, until......

Rich Gannon...

Just a couple of quick thoughts, off the top of my head.

TXChief
07-16-2007, 06:02 PM
You forgot Steve Deberg.

wolfpack
07-17-2007, 01:21 AM
i really liked trent green but green didnt start putting up big numbers till big willie was signed. and it lasted till big 1-65 took his place. young and gannon had legs to run and young was a product of a great system. i hope i`m wrong on broide but he just looks frail.

wolfpack
07-17-2007, 01:41 AM
Solari willbe or hermsolari,because solari dosnt do anything without hermmies ok, broides down fall. unless solari starts mixing it up better,broide will get hurt.run,run,pass, punt will get him killed. if or when they resign LJ other teams will stack the line.

Chiefster
07-18-2007, 12:15 AM
Time will tell.