PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs vs Jets GDT!

Three7s
10-26-2008, 01:50 PM
7-7 tie right now, surprisingly.

Jets got their TD, mostly due to Favre, we got ours with the help of Flowers first pick this season, Thigpen is looking good, so far.

PawnshopMarimba
10-26-2008, 01:51 PM
Tyler looks VERY good so far! Way to go, kid.

tornadospotter
10-26-2008, 01:53 PM
Yes this is what we need to see from him.

jerhart
10-26-2008, 02:26 PM

WOw...HE is HOTT right now! :yahoo:

...ya think Herm is actually trying to coach a game, beings he is playing his old team?

Three7s
10-26-2008, 02:32 PM
Halftime 14-14 tie.

Thigpen is ROLLING!

Nel Toille
10-26-2008, 02:33 PM
T-H-I-G Thig Thig Thig!

Seek
10-26-2008, 02:38 PM
Tamba is looking much better. He is actually getting some pressure. I am glad they moved him back to the other side.

DJ is having a pretty good games as well as the corners.

Coach
10-26-2008, 02:49 PM
I agree that tamba looks better on the other side. But so far this game is all about the play of Thigpen. We'll see if he can keep it up.

jerhart
10-26-2008, 02:49 PM
We have a new BC! Brad Cottam! Woot!! :yahoo:

Coach
10-26-2008, 02:52 PM
Jets ranked 24th in the league against the pass.

Coach
10-26-2008, 02:52 PM
Cottam made a great catch. Our legacy plan.

jerhart
10-26-2008, 03:19 PM
DJ! C'mon buddy! ugh! 21-17 Jets

Bike
10-26-2008, 03:29 PM
How can DJ drop that interception? C'mon dude. You got to catch that.

IlovetheChiefs
10-26-2008, 03:58 PM
I had to work today but was keeping updated on the Chiefs playing this whole game close! It was 21-17 Jets when I left work and then came home to 24-21 Chiefs! Such great news. Just hope we can hang on now!

Bike
10-26-2008, 04:05 PM
We're driving!!!!

IlovetheChiefs
10-26-2008, 04:08 PM
4th and 1 oh my. GO CHIEFS

Bike
10-26-2008, 04:09 PM
Sh!t.

IlovetheChiefs
10-26-2008, 04:10 PM
Darn it. We fell short.

jerhart
10-26-2008, 04:11 PM
Damn....obvious defensive pass interference.

Oh well....Chiefs were the better team today. Refs just have something against the AFC west this year.

teamcool68
10-26-2008, 04:12 PM
wow. i'd like to thank the referees for ruining a great game.

tornadospotter
10-26-2008, 04:13 PM
We lose again, but dammit at least this was a game!!!! I liked allot of what I seen in this game, the no huddle spread offense, to start the second half, we could have won this.

IlovetheChiefs
10-26-2008, 04:13 PM
25-36-280 yds. 2 tds, 0 ints for Thigpen is a wonderful nice surprise though. But aw man we were so close. And the Faders lost and the Dolts are losing to the Saints. A win would have made things interesting in our weak division, having already beaten the Donks. Still, nice we played so close and didn't have another performance like the last 2 games.

jerhart
10-26-2008, 04:14 PM
...and I really did not miss LJ at all during the game.

tornadospotter
10-26-2008, 04:18 PM
...and I really did not miss LJ at all during the game.
What we got was a different offense game plan for once.

drstandley31
10-26-2008, 04:19 PM
Well Herm will take it as a victory. Just like he did the New England game. Hey, only lost by a little bit. MF'er!

teamcool68
10-26-2008, 04:23 PM
i'll take it as a victory.

jesus, this was the first time since the denver game that i didn't feel like throwing something through the tv after the first 10 minutes.

i enjoyed every minute of it, and seeing as how we're going to have a piss poor record anyway, i'm judging the team by how much fun i have when i watch the game.

i gotta say though i'm incredibly disappointed by the officiating. to call gonzalez on that bowe catch... i thought the coles reception was a little suspect but then the last play was ridiculous.

Three7s
10-26-2008, 04:50 PM
I was very impressed with how we played, especially on offense. Thigpen was LEADING this team down the field. No running game to speak of, so no help in that department. He really looked like a different QB.

The defense still stinks, yes we got 3 turnovers, but the Jets had no trouble driving it on us. I was shocked that they didn't run the ball more. There were two reasons that we lost the game. First one was the missed pick by DJ that could've gone for a pick 6. The second was the CONSERVATIVE play-calling by Herm on that possession in the mid 4th quarter. Running it all three plays.....:owws:

All in all, good game by the team, hopefully we can show this type of play more consistently.

kcvet
10-26-2008, 04:57 PM
yeah at least they looked good losing :lol:

Bike
10-26-2008, 05:00 PM
We got hope!!! I was proud of our Chiefs today..
Tough to win anywhere on the road.

tornadospotter
10-26-2008, 05:22 PM
I was very impressed with how we played, especially on offense. Thigpen was LEADING this team down the field. No running game to speak of, so no help in that department. He really looked like a different QB.

The defense still stinks, yes we got 3 turnovers, but the Jets had no trouble driving it on us. I was shocked that they didn't run the ball more. There were two reasons that we lost the game. First one was the missed pick by DJ that could've gone for a pick 6. The second was the CONSERVATIVE play-calling by Herm on that possession in the mid 4th quarter. Running it all three plays.....:owws:

All in all, good game by the team, hopefully we can show this type of play more consistently.

yeah at least they looked good losing :lol:

We got hope!!! I was proud of our Chiefs today..
Tough to win anywhere on the road.
:sign0153: We have hope, Thig, had a great game, he may not be the QB we need, but, he elevated his game! He can be a NFL QB. :11: He made me feel that he can play. He started the game, performed, and was still playing at the end of the game! No injury's to the starting QB!!!! That is a improvement by itself! :11:

windwalker
10-26-2008, 05:22 PM
I still think Thigpen can be a very good QB in the NFL..
after all, he has not had much of a chance. Today the line gave him a little more time than usual, and his passes were for the most part, right on the money.

He is mobile, and ran when he had to...

I think the receivers are beginning to believe in him, and that makes a big difference.

kcvet
10-26-2008, 05:26 PM
they should let him run the no huddle. nothin' to lose and i think he's suited for it.............

section311
10-26-2008, 08:30 PM
I thought Thigpen played pretty good out there today. Now I hear Dante Culpepper is coming over. Just when it seems Thigpen can get it done, another recycled out of shape guy comes in. What's next?

kcvet
10-26-2008, 09:06 PM
I thought Thigpen played pretty good out there today. Now I hear Dante Culpepper is coming over. Just when it seems Thigpen can get it done, another recycled out of shape guy comes in. What's next?

my wife was listening to the game in the car. she claims Dawson said Thigpen has consulted him for advise. wow !!!

drstandley31
10-26-2008, 09:12 PM
they should let him run the no huddle. nothin' to lose and i think he's suited for it.............

Maybe when he knows more than 10 plays. He'll be fine brother, but the kids needs a lot more play time before you start letting a guy do that. He'd get killed or get someone else killed.

tornadospotter
10-26-2008, 09:57 PM
Maybe when he knows more than 10 plays. He'll be fine brother, but the kids needs a lot more play time before you start letting a guy do that. He'd get killed or get someone else killed.
:sign0153: Have you been watching this season, so far the players getting hurt are the QB's! Thig played the entire game and played well. That no huddle offense was working well. It was also refreshing to see the roll out finally! The should have used it more. Thig will be better if they build on that ability. Gives the option to run or pass, our just get away from the pass rush, that will cause defenses problems to deal with.

josh1971
10-26-2008, 10:02 PM
I agree- Thiggie's mobility is something nice to see, especially with this developing O-line of ours, and his ability to actually run down field. His accuracy was really nice, and so it will be interesting to see how we do next week.

I say, let him run it, "no huddle"

jb

Pro_Angler
10-26-2008, 10:26 PM
culpecker?? Might not be that bad, remember when Montana came over/ Yea yea he's no montana, but he;s got the experience that can really help a thigpen type..IMO>

kcvet
10-27-2008, 09:10 AM
:sign0153: Have you been watching this season, so far the players getting hurt are the QB's! Thig played the entire game and played well. That no huddle offense was working well. It was also refreshing to see the roll out finally! The should have used it more. Thig will be better if they build on that ability. Gives the option to run or pass, our just get away from the pass rush, that will cause defenses problems to deal with.

I didn't watch much of the game. they used the no huddle ???!!!! shocking !!!!! that means Edwards was thinking outside the box. a revelation.

tornadospotter
10-27-2008, 10:49 AM
I didn't watch much of the game. they used the no huddle ???!!!! shocking !!!!! that means Edwards was thinking outside the box. a revelation.
:scared2: Yes it is shocking!!!!:SHOCKED: hermy and chan must have gone to some Big 12 football games and taken notes. :D

kcvet
10-27-2008, 11:03 AM
:scared2: Yes it is shocking!!!!:SHOCKED: hermy and chan must have gone to some Big 12 football games and taken notes. :D

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80bf57f4

highlights

Seek
10-27-2008, 01:29 PM
culpecker?? Might not be that bad, remember when Montana came over/ Yea yea he's no montana, but he;s got the experience that can really help a thigpen type..IMO>

LOL... He has a bad attitude that help run his only weapon out of Minnesota. After Randy Moss left his career was all but over.

drstandley31
10-27-2008, 03:37 PM

Yes I watched, and yes it did work. Jets had an awful game plan, and we did something nobody expected. Let one team game plan for that and see what happens. I'm just saying the kid had a great game, he might turn out to be a great QB (I hope), but he needs a lot more experience before he can pull that off week after week. Although, you are so correct, the other isn't any better, our QB's are out for the season because of it. So maybe mix it up a little and keep throwing different angles at them.