PDA

View Full Version : What are the Freakin odds????

drstandley31
10-26-2008, 04:17 PM
The odds of a loss when you're +3 in turnovers, one returned for a TD are amazing. But damned if we didn't find a way to do it. And the Jets had a worse game plan than Herm, and we still lost. At least we found a QB maybe. ugh this blows.

tornadospotter
10-26-2008, 06:30 PM
The odds of a loss when you're +3 in turnovers, one returned for a TD are amazing. But damned if we didn't find a way to do it. And the Jets had a worse game plan than Herm, and we still lost. At least we found a QB maybe. ugh this blows.
:11: Yes it does, we lost, but maybe we can take the positives from this game and build on them! I think there is a lot of positives from this game. :11:

Hayvern
10-26-2008, 08:29 PM
:11: Yes it does, we lost, but maybe we can take the positives from this game and build on them! I think there is a lot of positives from this game. :11:

We had some good plays. Thigpen looked good this game, the defensive line and linebackers were not even on the field for the most part. We got lucky that the Jets decided to test our secondary, because if they run the ball 40 times, we lose this game by a much wider margin.

Edwards did not show up to this game. The play calling in the fourth quarter was stupid. With 5 minutes left in the fourth quarter and a 3 point lead, you cannot allow Favre to get the ball back, and you certainly cannot let him have it back on the 40 yard line.

That is exactly what we did though. Three running plays when you know the running game is not doing anything, then you place your chances on a second string punter and a special teams crew that has not been playing well at all.

I know that everyone will likely say that series was text-book football, and you might be right if you are a competitive ball club, we are anything but textbook this season.

Canada
10-26-2008, 09:14 PM

:lol: Now we have a QB controversy!! :D

josh1971
10-26-2008, 10:06 PM
We had some good plays. Thigpen looked good this game, the defensive line and linebackers were not even on the field for the most part. We got lucky that the Jets decided to test our secondary, because if they run the ball 40 times, we lose this game by a much wider margin.

Edwards did not show up to this game. The play calling in the fourth quarter was stupid. With 5 minutes left in the fourth quarter and a 3 point lead, you cannot allow Favre to get the ball back, and you certainly cannot let him have it back on the 40 yard line.

That is exactly what we did though. Three running plays when you know the running game is not doing anything, then you place your chances on a second string punter and a special teams crew that has not been playing well at all.

I know that everyone will likely say that series was text-book football, and you might be right if you are a competitive ball club, we are anything but textbook this season.

BUT! And it's a big, Sir Mixalot but, this game also has a completely different face with Mr. Larry Johnson in our lineup, instead of week after week, made an example by "dad" Herm Edwards. I find it increasingly frustrating that the league hasn't done anything to Larry, but Herm's deciding every week to make him inactive, to the detriment of the team.

Should a guy be allowed to act like a criminal clown off the field? No, but you're paying him an awful lot to play football. He's not doing that, and ultimately, Herm... your inability to win (something made much more likely with Johnson ON the field) is going to cost you your job.

JB

tornadospotter
10-26-2008, 10:16 PM
BUT! And it's a big, Sir Mixalot but, this game also has a completely different face with Mr. Larry Johnson in our lineup, instead of week after week, made an example by "dad" Herm Edwards. I find it increasingly frustrating that the league hasn't done anything to Larry, but Herm's deciding every week to make him inactive, to the detriment of the team.

Should a guy be allowed to act like a criminal clown off the field? No, but you're paying him an awful lot to play football. He's not doing that, and ultimately, Herm... your inability to win (something made much more likely with Johnson ON the field) is going to cost you your job.

JB
I not sure about that josh, if lj was going to play, would the game plan have been more running, and not so much passing? Not sure if having lj in the game plan would have helped, or we would have had a different game plan? Just not sure anymore about lj's value as a Chief.

josh1971
10-26-2008, 10:23 PM
Fair enough, and it was indeed Thigpen's passing that got us as close as we were. But that 3-and-out might have actually turned into a first down with LJ.

Of course... err... it might have even turned into a first down with Jamal Charles in there.

stupid ankles...

jb

Darth CarlSatan
10-27-2008, 12:26 AM

I can name at least one. :wink:

Darth CarlSatan
10-27-2008, 12:36 AM
Fair enough, and it was indeed Thigpen's passing that got us as close as we were. But that 3-and-out might have actually turned into a first down with LJ.

Of course... err... it might have even turned into a first down with Jamal Charles in there.

stupid ankles...

jb

They want the League to drop the hammer, so CARLHERM( yep; they are now one hive mind as far as I'm concerned )is using the old stall-tactic to avoid taking a financial hit.

I would have said "to save face", but really; what "reputation or face" is there to save?

When this season and draft are over, can we just "time warp" to 2010, when the REAL Kansas City Chiefs Football Program will commence???

Ah, dare to dream... :bananen_smilies046:

hardcorechiefsfan
10-27-2008, 03:51 AM
The chiefs played better than they have been; they might not of won but it was a game to be proud of, considering the games they've had in the season so far. I was a bit ticked when the guy that was supposed to catch the last chiefs ball of the game didn't but it was nice that they ended up with 2 digits on the scoreboard, even if it was a loss.

Bike
10-27-2008, 06:53 AM
Herm lost this game for us. What an idiot.

Sn@keIze
10-27-2008, 06:53 AM
The chiefs played better than they have been; they might not of won but it was a game to be proud of. Like hell it was a game to be proud of!

The Jets are Pathetic. Its debatable if our playcalling is worse. How do you throw it 40+ times against the worst rushing D in the league?

On the Flowers Int. that resulted in a TD. How do you throw it on 3rd and short, in the 4th, in the redzone, with the lead on the worst rush D in the league? Flowers shouldve never had that pick because he shouldve never had the opportunity.

The Jets lost to the Faids if that tell you anything.

Canada
10-27-2008, 11:50 AM
I love it!! When we do good its because the other team sucks and when we do bad its cause we suck!! LOL...you guys are always good for a laugh!!

Drunker Hillbilly
10-27-2008, 12:04 PM
I thought I saw something yesterday that said LJ was to meet with league officials on Tuesday.

Darth CarlSatan
10-27-2008, 12:25 PM
I love it!! When we do good its because the other team sucks and when we do bad its cause we suck!! LOL...you guys are always good for a laugh!!

Yep.
Everybody should just face reality; we will not have a playoff-ready team until 2010.

Bike
10-27-2008, 02:24 PM
No doubt. Chiefs played well on the road. Herm lost this game with sh!t play calling on last drive.
I'm lookin for a win vs Bucs. If Herm will let 'em!!:bananen_smilies046:

Grey144
10-27-2008, 02:50 PM
Like hell it was a game to be proud of!

The Jets are Pathetic. Its debatable if our playcalling is worse. How do you throw it 40+ times against the worst rushing D in the league?

On the Flowers Int. that resulted in a TD. How do you throw it on 3rd and short, in the 4th, in the redzone, with the lead on the worst rush D in the league? Flowers shouldve never had that pick because he shouldve never had the opportunity.

The Jets lost to the Faids if that tell you anything.

I disagree. The chiefs can be proud of this game. There are different levels of pride. Sure did they lose, did the jets do everything they could have to make the game close, did Farve's pride get in the way of the jets running a mud hole on us, did we play a so-so game and blow it at the end will crappy coaching. Yes to all these.

However they can still be proud that they showed us an improved chiefs this week. Thigpen played very well and though he is not the answer to finding a Franchise starter he can certainly fill in for the rest of the year. Our corners got some confidence with picking Brett off 3 times even though they were very bad passes. Jamal Charles flashed on the run until he got hurt but showed some good promise for when he is better. The Defense showed some improvement as well getting a lttle more pressure on the QB. So did they win and look like awesome chiefs football. No they didn't. Did they look like a rebuilding team that was better than the last 3 times they took the field and showing marked improvement. Yes they did and for that they can be proud.

Although Herm still sucks.

"umm yeah I thought we could get the first on three kolby runs, yeah uh I thought we could do it." (everyone in the known universe rolls thier eyes, thanks herm thanks you moron.)

yashi
10-27-2008, 03:50 PM
This game was a blessing in disguise. The team looked great, and Herm somehow made himself look like even worse of a coach than people already thought he was. This SHOULD cement his departure after this season, hopefully sooner. If not then I've lost all faith in the Hunt family.

Darth CarlSatan
10-27-2008, 03:57 PM
I disagree. The chiefs can be proud of this game. There are different levels of pride. Sure did they lose, did the jets do everything they could have to make the game close, did Farve's pride get in the way of the jets running a mud hole on us, did we play a so-so game and blow it at the end will crappy coaching. Yes to all these.

However they can still be proud that they showed us an improved chiefs this week. Thigpen played very well and though he is not the answer to finding a Franchise starter he can certainly fill in for the rest of the year. Our corners got some confidence with picking Brett off 3 times even though they were very bad passes. Jamal Charles flashed on the run until he got hurt but showed some good promise for when he is better. The Defense showed some improvement as well getting a lttle more pressure on the QB. So did they win and look like awesome chiefs football. No they didn't. Did they look like a rebuilding team that was better than the last 3 times they took the field and showing marked improvement. Yes they did and for that they can be proud.

"umm yeah I thought we could get the first on three kolby runs, yeah uh I thought we could do it." (everyone in the known universe rolls thier eyes, thanks herm thanks you moron.)

When it comes to Herm, eye rolling is almost an hourly exercise. Game day OR not.
:bananen_smilies046:

Canada
10-27-2008, 04:04 PM
I thought I saw something yesterday that said LJ was to meet with league officials on Tuesday.

you did see that

drstandley31
10-27-2008, 04:19 PM
you did see that

The police also just charged him and turned himself in. $500 bale and a court date. That won't help his meeting much.

Darth CarlSatan
10-27-2008, 04:34 PM
The police also just charged him and turned himself in. $500 bale and a court date. That won't help his meeting much.

I hope the young guys will take heed of this and guys like Vick.
You're not a f*cking gangster, you're not a f*ucking rapper / rockstar, and only YOU give two f*cks about you and your buddies clothing line.

Be a Football Player; that's what you get paid for.

Grey144
10-27-2008, 05:20 PM
I hope the young guys will take heed of this and guys like Vick.
You're not a f*cking gangster, you're not a f*ucking rapper / rockstar, and only YOU give two f*cks about you and your buddies clothing line.

Be a Football Player; that's what you get paid for.

It's to bad this is the way most of the so called stars carry themselves anymore. Remember the quiet cool of the greats back in the day. They just came out and ran, did not blow up or make stupid gestures or get all full of themselves. Remember when Marcus was here or even priest holmes they would just run hard and get the job done, no flash, no smoke and mirrors. They went out did what they had to do and then walked by to the sideline like they had been doing it all thier life. That is the way a pro handles themselves and to me that makes them cool. It's the quiet cool that gives you the respect. Not the hey look what I can do mentallity many pro's have today. Just my opinion though.

Darth CarlSatan
10-27-2008, 05:26 PM
It's to bad this is the way most of the so called stars carry themselves anymore. Remember the quiet cool of the greats back in the day. They just came out and ran, did not blow up or make stupid gestures or get all full of themselves. Remember when Marcus was here or even priest holmes they would just run hard and get the job done, no flash, no smoke and mirrors. They went out did what they had to do and then walked by to the sideline like they had been doing it all thier life. That is the way a pro handles themselves and to me that makes them cool. It's the quiet cool that gives you the respect. Not the hey look what I can do mentallity many pro's have today. Just my opinion though.

You got it. I used to work for Bobby Bell, and he always carried himself with grace and good humor.
DT was the same way; do the "talking" on the field.

nigeriannightmare
10-27-2008, 07:03 PM

The pick 6 was Flowers flat out being stronger than the receiver, the receiver gave up on the rout because Mr. Flowers wouldn't let him get underneath. Favre threw it to a spot the receiver was supposed to be and Mr. Flowers got in his way. The other 2 you can say were bad passes but not the pick 6. Brandon Flowers is going to be a STUD!!!!

Herm still sucks, and chances are will always suck as a HC!!!!!

Darth CarlSatan
10-27-2008, 09:00 PM
The pick 6 was Flowers flat out being stronger than the receiver, the receiver gave up on the rout because Mr. Flowers wouldn't let him get underneath. Favre threw it to a spot the receiver was supposed to be and Mr. Flowers got in his way. The other 2 you can say were bad passes but not the pick 6. Brandon Flowers is going to be a STUD!!!!

Herm still sucks, and chances are will always suck as a HC!!!!!

Give him and Carr a pass-rush worthy of Chiefs History, and I guarantee you're gonna' see a lot of teams adopt a "We've decided to embrace the run"-philosophy.

And maybe if the NFL Shop will pull their heads out of their a**es, I might get my Flowers jersey just in time for the end of the season! Yayyyy!
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

nigeriannightmare
10-27-2008, 11:35 PM
Give him and Carr a pass-rush worthy of Chiefs History, and I guarantee you're gonna' see a lot of teams adopt a "We've decided to embrace the run"-philosophy.

And maybe if the NFL Shop will pull their heads out of their a**es, I might get my Flowers jersey just in time for the end of the season! Yayyyy!
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

That's the jersey I told my wife I wanted, but haven't found it yet. Why is that? He was the first pick of the second round they thought that he may have been first round worthy, you think they would have already printed it. They ain't make their money off of ticket sales.

Darth CarlSatan
10-27-2008, 11:42 PM
That's the jersey I told my wife I wanted, but haven't found it yet. Why is that? He was the first pick of the second round they thought that he may have been first round worthy, you think they would have already printed it. They ain't make their money off of ticket sales.

You'll have to customize one. My advice however is to do it over the phone with a real human being. Get the sales rep's name and number, cause their auto-system is a joke.