PDA

View Full Version : 49er Fan checking in

Sweets
07-11-2007, 02:03 PM
Hi all, I'm Sweets(I'm female in case anyone is confused easily) and I'm a 49er fan. I hate the Raiders so I feel that I can bring a little somein somein to this board. I can't answer the question about how I became an avid Chief fan but just know that I think Tony Gonzales is da bomb!!!!

Good luck this season and GOOOOOOOOOOO NINERS!!

chief31
07-11-2007, 04:09 PM
Well, hi, Sweets. Good to have you aboard. I like the direction that the 49ers are headed. Hope to hear more, from you, soon.

Canada
07-11-2007, 06:05 PM
Hi all, I'm Sweets(I'm female in case anyone is confused easily) and I'm a 49er fan. I hate the Raiders so I feel that I can bring a little somein somein to this board. I can't answer the question about how I became an avid Chief fan but just know that I think Tony Gonzales is da bomb!!!!

Good luck this season and GOOOOOOOOOOO AWAY NINERS!!

Hey Sweets, my best friend in a 49ers fan too (with a soft spot for the Chiefs) We went to my first game at Arrowhead last year. Perhaps you remember the Chiefs/49ers game last year? No one has ever scored on the Chiefs when I am at Arrowhead. Welcome to the crowd

Sweets
07-11-2007, 06:14 PM
Oh ouch Canada and just when I thought I was going to like it here..:sign0144: So, is LJ staying???? Thanx for your welcome as well...

Canada
07-11-2007, 06:29 PM
Oh ouch Canada and just when I thought I was going to like it here..:sign0144: So, is LJ staying???? Thanx for your welcome as well...

Awwww.sorry Sweets. I was just pokin fun. I am not really good at talkin to girls. :sign0144:

Sweets
07-11-2007, 06:35 PM
You're doing fine Canada, one thing to learn about me anyway, I type with a lot of sarcasm....I can take it but I dish it out in piles...lol

41-0 isn't a football score, it's a basketball quarter with the other team sucking to high heaven...aka 49ers :(

Canada
07-11-2007, 06:37 PM
My buddy is a very obnoxious 49ers fan, so it is nice to always have something that will shut him up. he had been to two games in his life Chief/9ers(41-0) and Bucs/9ers (34-3 they lost) so i figure it is him who is bad luck and should never show his face at a game again. Unless they are playing the Chiefs!!

Sweets
07-11-2007, 06:43 PM
Yeah leave him at home polishing those 5 trophies that so many 49er fans love to throw out....not since 1995, shut up about those trophies, win a more recent one dang it.

chief31
07-12-2007, 07:28 PM
So, what brings Sweets to the Crowd? Where did you find us?

Sweets
07-12-2007, 10:34 PM
Well to be honest someone from this site joined a site that I'm an admin at, saw the link in his profile and joined and voila...I'm HERE

chief31
07-12-2007, 10:58 PM
Well, again, welcome, then.

Sweets
07-12-2007, 10:59 PM
Thanking you again!!! :)

chief31
07-12-2007, 11:06 PM
Yeah, it's been a pretty slow day.

Sweets
07-12-2007, 11:12 PM
I guess so..is this site new?

chief31
07-12-2007, 11:15 PM
About a year old. Plus, as a one team site, during the offseason, not a whole lot for folks to talk about.

Sweets
07-12-2007, 11:17 PM
Yeah most boards slow down a tad in a off season...

chief31
07-12-2007, 11:20 PM
The past couple of days, even some of the most reliable guys have been absent. But, then, they have been dealing with some serious flood problems, there, near K.C. too. I hope they are doing alright, with it.

Sweets
07-12-2007, 11:22 PM
wow, hope everyone is ok....we don't really get too much flooding here and pretty much none this time of year.

chief31
07-12-2007, 11:28 PM
Your yahoo messenger isnt on, ehh?

Sweets
07-12-2007, 11:28 PM
give me a sec

Coach
07-13-2007, 07:58 AM
Well to be honest someone from this site joined a site that I'm an admin at, saw the link in his profile and joined and voila...I'm HERE

That was me.

Sweets
07-13-2007, 05:20 PM
::::::::::::waving @ admin:::::::::::::::::....:smile:

timbok
07-13-2007, 07:07 PM
sweets..we meet again....welcome

Chiefster
07-13-2007, 09:22 PM

Good luck this season and GOOOOOOOOOOO NINERS!!

Glad to have ya here. The Niners gave us, for a couple of years, one of the best QB's to ever play the game, so I have respect for them but not what you would call a fan. :)

Anyone who hates the Faders is alright in my book!

Sweets
07-13-2007, 10:37 PM
Well then Chiefster, I could end up being your best friend my man....I have hated the Raiders since birth and I enjoy NOT watching their NOT sold out games on Sundays.....Black hole, please any one that wears more makeup then me can't be that hard core..damned Wusses

chief31
07-13-2007, 11:22 PM
Yeah, I forgot about how the Niners have the same kind of rivalry, with the Raider, that the Giants/Jets, Cubs/White Sox, Yankees/Mets have going. That really does make you an ally.

Chiefster
07-13-2007, 11:43 PM
Well then Chiefster, I could end up being your best friend my man....I have hated the Raiders since birth and I enjoy NOT watching their NOT sold out games on Sundays.....Black hole, please any one that wears more makeup then me can't be that hard core..damned Wusses

Hey the more Fader haters in this world the better.

Guru
07-13-2007, 11:44 PM

Isn't that what they made Alcatraz for?

Chiefster
07-13-2007, 11:48 PM
Isn't that what they made Alcatraz for?

Heh! Isn't Al Davis the warden?

Guru
07-14-2007, 12:05 AM
Heh! Isn't Al Davis the warden?

That would defeat the purpose of Alcatraz would it not?

He is more like Public Enemy #1.

Chiefster
07-14-2007, 12:09 AM
That would defeat the purpose of Alcatraz would it not?

He is more like Public Enemy #1.

True; just ask Marcus Allen.

Sweets
07-14-2007, 01:02 AM
Al Davis=http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/5091/cryptkeeperyq5.jpg

Yeah Davis totally f*ed up Marcus Allen's pro football career over some personal crap too...:crucified:

Chiefster
07-14-2007, 09:01 AM
Al Davis=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/

Yeah Davis totally f*ed up Marcus Allen's pro football career over some personal crap too...:crucified:

Yup; how does an owner set someone like Marcus Allen down on the bench for however many years it was simply to try and prove some idiotic point?

TXChief
07-14-2007, 09:36 AM
I dont know he sets Marcus, but Im glad he did.

Sweets
07-14-2007, 10:25 AM
I don't know TX, as a football fan first I never like to see "great" talent go to waste on the bench no matter what team it is....Even when Bo Jackson had to leave the game I was saddened, there aren't enough Bo Jacksons, Walter Paytons, etc in the game of football to be happy when one of them is injured, dies or is jacked because of some, as Chiefster put it, "idiotic point".

I mean to each their own, but as for myself I'm a total football fan first, 49er fan second..

TXChief
07-14-2007, 10:47 AM
I see your point Sweet. I just loved watching run for the Chiefs and hated him running against the Chiefs.

Sweets
07-14-2007, 10:49 AM
I hear ya TX, I hated that Oakland got Bo Jackson, but I never missed an opportunity to watch him run...even on Tecmo...lol

TXChief
07-14-2007, 11:10 AM
Who was better on Tecmo bowl, Bo or Okoye?

DrunkHillbilly
07-14-2007, 11:20 AM
I think talent wise it was Bo hands down but a far as NFL domination goes, the NIGHTMARE was the man! Did anyone see him on that reality show about a Pirate ship? It's still on but i guess he got kicked off.

TXChief
07-14-2007, 11:24 AM
By the time I heard about it he was gone.

chief31
07-14-2007, 01:56 PM
Who was better on Tecmo bowl, Bo or Okoye?

On Tecmo Bowl, it was Bo. He was the fastest guy in the game. Unfortunately, the Raiders didn't have a great pass-rusher. So, they weren't the best team to use.

Sweets
07-14-2007, 02:56 PM
TX...Bo Jackson dominated in Tecmo hence the moniker "Tecmo Bo"...In his first season he played in 7 games and rushed for 554 yards on 81 carries. I don't think anyone will ever forget his 1987 game against the Seahawks when he ran over Brian Bosworth who promised to contain Bo...lol and the 91 yard run through the end zone down the tunnel and into the lockerrooms, he gained like 220 yards that night...simply awesome. His numbers are still a Monday Night record I think.

31, that hip injury didn't help his football career which would have been great, but his first love was baseball.

chief31
07-14-2007, 03:36 PM
While his first love may have been baseball, he was a much better football player.

TXChief
07-14-2007, 03:40 PM
But it took 5 players to tackle Okoye on Tecmo.

chief31
07-14-2007, 03:46 PM
True. It was a close comparison. But Derrick Thomas made the Chiefs "the team to be" on that game.

Sweets
07-14-2007, 03:55 PM

That's because no one could catch Bo..lol

timbok
07-15-2007, 08:31 AM
lol at that al davis pic!

Sweets
07-15-2007, 03:12 PM
Wow was the only word I could muster after receiving a phone call that would change my life for 3 years.

I was at work one day when as usual the phone rang, making me cuss yet again because I was trying to finish a project and was running out of precious time. I pondered whether to let it continue ringing and for a split second did, then my conscience got the best of me and I picked up. I know that I sounded irritated on the receiving end of that phone but I didn't care, I was thoroughly pissed and my voice showed my obvious irritation. The voice on the other end was so sweet, I felt instantly guilty for answering in such an ubrupt manner. To my surprise it was the father of a fellow employee whom I had met once at a 49er game. I had assumed he called looking for his daughter "Shirley", so I said, Hi let me find her for you and was about to put him on hold when he said, "no, I need to talk to you". I was kind of surprised but said..ok, whats up.

When he told me the reason for his call, I was so shocked all I could say was...Huh? over and over again. He asked me if I had really understood what he said and again I said..."huh" then started laughing at my obvious nervousness. Then he repeated those words to me again..."I have 49er tickets, do you want them"..I finally found my voice and said yeah, almost screaming into the phone. Don't misunderstand here, I have been to several 49er games in my life, but this very kind man was offering me "his" tickets to the game. I said sure and asked which game did he want me to buy from him. He said, you're not understanding me, I would like to "give" you the seasons worth of my seats. At that point I started crying, I know what a baby, but these tickets are expensive to say the least and very hard to come by. Through the conversation that ensued he told me that because of an illness he would be unable to attend the seasons games and know that I loved to go to the games, and since the tickets were already paid for, it would be my christmas present, parking pass and all.

Well the day came for the first game and a friend and myself got to the game early to tailgate and meet some people that were also going to that game. One of the best part of going to football games is the tailgating, the comradie of being in one place with 60,000 people all with one thought and that is to see our great team win football games. It was awesome to say the least. I went to every home game that years and ended up with going for the next 2 years as well. I can't tell you what those 3 years at the stadium affectionately known to locals as The Stick has meant to me. The seagulls, the people, hell even the fans from the visiting teams all make up a great experience.

We sat in our seats knowing that these seats were "OURS" for 3 whole seasons, we were owners in effect and we sat there thinking we were "da ****". We ended up meeting everyone around us and sharing food and drink with them too, truly a great experience. Section 11, row G, wish I could now remember the seat numbers but no matter we were there, we were close 8 rows from the field and from the opening to where the teams comes running out onto the field before each game and each halftime. The pictures I took of Steve Young are mine to keep forever and I treasure them. But the people that we meant for those 3 years were the best people in the world.

Now as I think back to those years, I wonder if they think about me and all the peanuts and grapes that were thrown at the visiting teams fans as they yelled for their team to win. I miss one of the best things about Candlestick stadium and those are the great Garlic Fries, the smell of garlic was intoxicating and wafted through the stadium as fan after fan came back from the snack bar with fries and nachos in tow. And after that games, how we tried to dodge the seagulls circling and dropping their happy loads on us as we run for our cars. hahahaha

I hope when you all read this article you too can come away from this knowing that the great game of football can and does make people happy, friendlier and more giving of their friends and family, especially when you know that someone out there is watching a game from the stands and not just in front of the t.v. Although nowadays, I spend my time every Sunday and Monday in front of the t.v. with Directv (my best friend) and look at the stadium as they scan it looking for people that I may recognize...

And in case anyone is wondering, Shirleys pops is fine, and well and still going to the games..God bless him.

timbok
07-16-2007, 04:29 PM
awesome..

Sweets
07-16-2007, 04:44 PM
Thanx timbok!!! :)

chief31
07-16-2007, 04:46 PM
Great post.

Sweets
07-16-2007, 04:48 PM
Thanx 31 :)

timbok
07-16-2007, 04:56 PM
welcome

Coach
07-16-2007, 11:08 PM
Well said.

Wow was the only word I could muster after receiving a phone call that would change my life for 3 years....continued

What a great post! Rep added for you.

Sweets
07-17-2007, 12:04 AM
Thanx admin...appreciate all the kudos from you guys..

Chiefster
07-18-2007, 12:27 AM
Thanx admin...appreciate all the kudos from you guys..

You're welcome; great story BTW!