PDA

View Full Version : Culpepper to work out for Chiefs

jap1
10-26-2008, 09:24 PM
According to ESPN and fox sports, Culpepper is going to KC to take a physical and discuss contracts. Dont know if Thigpen's play will have any effect on this or not.

slc chief
10-26-2008, 09:26 PM
stay at home your services and your selfish attitude are not wanted

josh1971
10-26-2008, 09:41 PM
Thigpen seemed to do all right this weekend. It will be interesting to see if that holds up, but I'm curious as to why Culpepper is even coming to work out. Didn't we just sign Quinn Gray? Granted, with our offensive line, we should probably have 6 or 7 QBs ready, but Culpepper would make the 4th, wouldn't he? (Not counting Huard and Croyle, which would make 6)

jb

jap1
10-26-2008, 09:56 PM
Thigpen seemed to do all right this weekend. It will be interesting to see if that holds up, but I'm curious as to why Culpepper is even coming to work out. Didn't we just sign Quinn Gray? Granted, with our offensive line, we should probably have 6 or 7 QBs ready, but Culpepper would make the 4th, wouldn't he? (Not counting Huard and Croyle, which would make 6)

jb

The impression I get from the comments that the Chiefs staff have made is that they dont think Ingle Martin is good enough to make it off the practice squad. He is the 2nd string by attrition only.

I am worried now Thigpen will lose confidence if we sign someone else, or start giving Gray 1st string reps. Itll be interesting to see how this plays out.

josh1971
10-26-2008, 09:59 PM
Yeah, you really don't want to start having a battle for the #1 spot at this point in the season, really...

jb

jtandcrew
10-27-2008, 10:06 AM
We signed Grey as a backup and possibly a starter. When they bring in Dante for a work out I dont think that Tyler should be worried. As long as he does well then he will be the starter. He should understand that the team needs help. ATM? He is the starter and it will take weeks before anyone else is ready to learn and run the offense. Although, we need some veteran back ups. I think it will be healthy for the competition of the position. In the end? Whats wrong with having 3 possible starters? I think its better than what we had with Huard. I think Herm was trying to squeek 1 more year outta Huard.

Drunker Hillbilly
10-27-2008, 11:21 AM
ESPN is reporting that the Chiefs are considering giving Culpepper a multi year contract.

Canada
10-27-2008, 11:31 AM
The impression I get from the comments that the Chiefs staff have made is that they dont think Ingle Martin is good enough to make it off the practice squad. He is the 2nd string by attrition only.

I am worried now Thigpen will lose confidence if we sign someone else, or start giving Gray 1st string reps. Itll be interesting to see how this plays out.

I don't think he will lose confidence. This is the NFL and he has only had one good game. I don't think that he expects to be named the starter just because he almost won a game. I hope the competition will improve his play.

jtandcrew
10-27-2008, 11:44 AM
I don't think he will lose confidence. This is the NFL and he has only had one good game. I don't think that he expects to be named the starter just because he almost won a game. I hope the competition will improve his play.

Well said Canada! That was the point I was trying to make!:bananen_smilies046:

Canada
10-27-2008, 11:48 AM
Well said Canada! That was the point I was trying to make!:bananen_smilies046:

You know what they say...Great minds and all!! :bananen_smilies046:

jtandcrew
10-27-2008, 11:56 AM
You know what they say...Great minds and all!! :bananen_smilies046:

:bananen_smilies046:

Bike
10-27-2008, 02:15 PM
ESPN is reporting that the Chiefs are considering giving Culpepper a multi year contract.
Hope not. A has-been with a bad attitude.
But then again, LJ would finally have a locker room buddy!!
But then again, LJ is done as a Chief.
Don't sign Culpepper. Thanks.

Dyno-Mite
10-27-2008, 04:46 PM
Dante Culpepper shouldn't be signed on a multi year contract.After seeing how young Thig tore apart the Jets defense I don't know if we need Culpepper.I'd give Thig 2 more shots to destroy other opponents defense before the coaches quickly simply decide to just throw Culpepper in it.

Bike
10-27-2008, 04:59 PM
Dante Culpepper shouldn't be signed on a multi year contract.After seeing how young Thig tore apart the Jets defense I don't know if we need Culpepper.I'd give Thig 2 more shots to destroy other opponents defense before the coaches quickly simply decide to just throw Culpepper in it.
Good job Timsatt1.