PDA

View Full Version : Team 49er

Sweets
07-11-2007, 02:09 PM
Yep, I'm a 49er fan but I'm not here to make your lives a living hell like others do, I see you've met up with Spammin timbok already...lol

I think we're finally going to have a decent season with a tad more wins then last season and the new guys that Nolan has brought in will hopefully help. We're also finally getting to run the 3-4 something that we haven't been able to do because of injury mainly, so NFC West, watch out, we're coming for ya!!!

chief31
07-11-2007, 04:12 PM
I especially liked the way the 49ers traded up, in the draft, to select OT Joe Staley, late in the first round. Good luck to them, this season.

Sweets
07-11-2007, 04:18 PM
Thanx 31, I love Staley already if for the only reason that he wins over Kwame Harris' spot on the roster, God, I hate that guy. I wanted Willis and I'm glad that we got Darrell Jackson and Nate Clements although we did spend a lot, I just hope that my fav. player shows up this season and steps it up big time and that's Shawntae Spencer.

YZILLA
07-11-2007, 06:47 PM
I like the Niners for the Simple fact they gave The Donks hell on New years and gave us one more chance to play last year. The Niners should be a really good team this year and I wish them luck also. Thanks for stopping by for a friendly Chat !

Sweets
07-11-2007, 06:53 PM
No prob Zilla, I loved that the Broncos thought they had the game won. Alex Smith grew up a lot that day in Denver, and thanx for the luck, appreciate it.

chief31
07-11-2007, 07:03 PM
Yes. We owe the Niners a "thank you". And, in my opinion, an apology, for not making the best, of a situation, that the Niners help us get into.

Coach
07-11-2007, 11:45 PM
Yep, I'm a 49er fan but I'm not here to make your lives a living hell like others do, I see you've met up with Spammin timbok already...lol

I think we're finally going to have a decent season with a tad more wins then last season and the new guys that Nolan has brought in will hopefully help. We're also finally getting to run the 3-4 something that we haven't been able to do because of injury mainly, so NFC West, watch out, we're coming for ya!!!

Yes 'Spammin Timbok' makes an appearance hear as well. God love him and his red reps.

I especially liked the way the 49ers traded up, in the draft, to select OT Joe Staley, late in the first round. Good luck to them, this season.

Passing on Joe Staley could haunt the Chiefs for the next few years. Especially if Dwayne Bowe has a bad year. I was listening to NFL radio on Sirius during the draft. I think Carl Peterson owes all of those radio anchors a pair of underwear, because they literally about sh*t themselves when the Chiefs pass him up.

I like the Niners for the Simple fact they gave The Donks hell on New years and gave us one more chance to play last year. The Niners should be a really good team this year and I wish them luck also. Thanks for stopping by for a friendly Chat !

I spent New Year's with a good friend of mine that is a Donkey fan. Let's just say New Year's rocked. Everything went perfectly that day.

Sweets
07-12-2007, 07:31 AM
red reps??? All I see are 3 green dots, guess he's making a comeback

Coach
07-12-2007, 08:24 PM
red reps??? All I see are 3 green dots, guess he's making a comeback
No, he gave me a red rep. He still has green reps because I am a nice person.

Sweets
07-12-2007, 10:56 PM
I'm not...need help??? Here are my skills http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/07/4.jpg

chief31
07-12-2007, 10:59 PM
Mmmmmmmmmmmm, banana split.

Chiefster
07-13-2007, 10:02 PM
I like pie!

Sweets
07-13-2007, 10:45 PM
49ers OT Kwame Harris is entering the final season of his contract. This might come as a shock to the anti-Harris faction of the audience (and that seems to be a sizeable group), but he will likely get a pretty good contract on the open market. Tackles are difficult to find. Those who make it to free agency are generally paid top dollar. Because the club already has Jonas Jennings, Adam Snyder and Joe Staley, I would not expect the 49ers to step up and sign him to an extension. Harris has a much different personality and approach to his contract situation than Smiley. Whereas Smiley likes to check out the market and compare himself to others out there, Harris seems oblivious to it all. This camp, Harris will be in a battle with Staley to keep his job. It's unclear whether Snyder will make it a three-pronged competition or if he'll concentrate on the guard positions.

Source: Matt Maiocco, Press Democrat (http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/default.asp?item=647426)

You guys have NO idea how estatic I am that Joe Staley can hopefully push his way into taking the starting job away from that weak arsed Kwame Harris, I didn't like him when they drafted him from Stanford and I still don't like him to this day, he's weak and gets beat all the time.

If another team wants to give him a huge payday, that's on them....I'm sick of him

chief31
07-13-2007, 11:26 PM
Staley was a phenomenol pass-blocker at Central Michigan. He was a great run-blocker too, but may need some work to make the jump and become a force, in the NFL, as a run-blocker. I think he will immediately be a good pass-blocker. (Which is the "skill" part of the job.)

Chiefster
07-13-2007, 11:35 PM
Staley was a phenomenol pass-blocker at Central Michigan. He was a great run-blocker too, but may need some work to make the jump and become a force, in the NFL, as a run-blocker. I think he will immediately be a good pass-blocker. (Which is the "skill" part of the job.)

I think that will come in a relatively short time though.

Guru
07-13-2007, 11:40 PM

Aren't you guys lucky you got stuck with the Seahawks and not the Chiefs during re-alignment. We would have owned your division during the Vermiel years.

Sweets
07-14-2007, 01:09 AM
lol Guru...in 2002 I really don't think it would have matter who we got in the realignment process the 49ers stunk up the field and Vermiel would have only cried even more...omg talk about embarrassing..sheesh man, pull yourself together...

chief31
07-14-2007, 01:25 AM
I have no problem with the tears. The man knew offense, like noone else.

Guru
07-14-2007, 01:27 AM
lol Guru...in 2002 I really don't think it would have matter who we got in the realignment process the 49ers stunk up the field and Vermiel would have only cried even more...omg talk about embarrassing..sheesh man, pull yourself together...

So you are saying we would not have won your division? HA

Sweets
07-14-2007, 01:47 AM

So you are saying we would not have won your division? HA

Guru, maybe you should re-read my statement before you laugh...I never said you wouldn't have won...calm down dude you don't have to prove anything to me, your AFC , I don't care.

Guru
07-14-2007, 02:14 AM

Guru, maybe you should re-read my statement before you laugh...I never said you wouldn't have won...calm down dude you don't have to prove anything to me, your AFC , I don't care.

Gotcha. If you hadn't ended it with "pull yourself together..." I probably would have taken you meaning then.

Chiefster
07-14-2007, 08:36 AM
I have no problem with the tears. The man knew offense, like noone else.

Look up the word offense in the dictionary and you see two pictures; Joe Montana's and Dick Vermeil's.

Sweets
07-14-2007, 10:34 AM
Not in my dictionary....I have Bill Walsh...lol

Oh and Guru, the "pull yourself togther man" comment I was actually talking to/about Vermiel, I didn't mean you...sorry :)

chief31
07-14-2007, 01:58 PM
Not in my dictionary....I have Bill Walsh...lol

Oh and Guru, the "pull yourself togther man" comment I was actually talking to/about Vermiel, I didn't mean you...sorry :)

Oh, sure. Don't back off, Sweets. Give it to 'em. Lol. J/K.

DrunkHillbilly
07-14-2007, 02:13 PM
Yo Sweets,
The NFC West is gonna be the best race to the playoffs in football this season, ya think?

Canada
07-14-2007, 03:02 PM
Yo Sweets,
The NFC West is gonna be the best race to the playoffs in football this season, ya think?

I know I am not sweets, but it will be the second best race.

Sweets
07-14-2007, 03:03 PM
Oh, sure. Don't back off, Sweets. Give it to 'em. Lol. J/K.

Don't start trouble 31...I'm not one to back down but I did say that in reference to Vermiel, I just don't let crybabies that have no self control, a tear or two is one thing but the sniffling and outright balling is pathetic and embarrassing, I mean damn it's not like a family member died.:damnit:

Sweets
07-14-2007, 03:07 PM
Yo Sweets,

Hey Drunk, well I know that finally all 4 of the teams in the NFC West are capable of unseating the other 3, I just hope that this year the Cards don't own us like they have, out of the other 3 I think the Rams have the best chance though, well if they can get Bulger to not sit out.

Canada, stop being a homer you have a couple tough teams in your division that will probably run over the other two this season and your division have been consistently tough where the NFC West has only had usually one dominating team consistently year in and year out, I think that's what Drunk was alluding to.

Canada
07-14-2007, 03:12 PM
Hey Drunk, well I know that finally all 4 of the teams in the NFC West are capable of unseating the other 3, I just hope that this year the Cards don't own us like they have, out of the other 3 I think the Rams have the best chance though, well if they can get Bulger to not sit out.

Canada, stop being a homer you have a couple tough teams in your division that will probably run over the other two this season and your division have been consistently tough where the NFC West has only had usually one dominating team consistently year in and year out, I think that's what Drunk was alluding to.

That's exactly why I think the NFC West will be the second best race. There are some serious contenders in AFC West. The NFCW will be more competitive that the last few years, but I think there is little chance that the next Super Bowl champ will come out of NFCW. I think the our division is the toughest, most competitive and most exciting division in football.

Sweets
07-14-2007, 03:14 PM
yeah ok Canada....there are only 2 right now in your division and the Chiefs aren't one of em...just my opinion don't hate.

DrunkHillbilly
07-14-2007, 04:22 PM
Take off your HOMER GLASSES canuck!!! The Chiefs are gonna struggle to get 3rd in our division!

Canada
07-14-2007, 05:43 PM
Oh....I didn't know. I guess I will just watch the '09 season. Will we have a chance by then?? I will let you wait to hear what the "experts" say before I decide to watch.

Sweets
07-14-2007, 05:57 PM
You know this isn't a fight guys, we are all adults, well most of us anyway and we are all here because we love the game of football. There's nothing wrong with loving your respective football teams however you can't turn a blind eye to obvious things that are wrong with your teams. That's why I hate "official" team boards, they are homerism at it's worse where you can't say a bad thing about the team or player or coaches without mods and admins either telling you to straighten up or moderating your posts because a player might log on and see that you don't like them...give me a f*ing break if a multimillion dollar player can't take criticism from a fan then f* em, the word fan is from the word fanatic and I should be able to give my unbiased opinion of what I see is good or bad about my team.

Canada, please don't take what I say about your team as bad just that talent wise KC is seriously lacking next to the Chargers and Broncos, sure as TX said it's who wins the game but ultimately the best run, most talented and what team has the better players will win in the long run.

I am the outsider here, or guest as it where but what I will tell you is that I will be as critical of my own team as I will be with yours and let me say that I am as critical of Alex Smith as any outsider, yes he's young but for the amount of money we paid he hasn't lived up to my expectations as yet and maybe in his 3 year everything will come together. I hate Kwame Harris and I didn't like him from day one, he's weak and not a good fit at his position, I am very critical of Derek Smith and I think he gets more respect and kudos then he deserves, he misses initial contact often and is credited with tackles that IMO are non existent. My favorite player right now is Shawntae Spencer and I'm afraid he is in big jeopardy of losing his starting job to a much better player and I'm not going to sing his praises just because he's my fav., he needs to step up and step up big to win his job back.

Canada
07-14-2007, 06:13 PM
You know this isn't a fight guys, we are all adults, well most of us anyway and we are all here because we love the game of football. There's nothing wrong with loving your respective football teams however you can't turn a blind eye to obvious things that are wrong with your teams. That's why I hate "official" team boards, they are homerism at it's worse where you can't say a bad thing about the team or player or coaches without mods and admins either telling you to straighten up or moderating your posts because a player might log on and see that you don't like them...give me a f*ing break if a multimillion dollar player can't take criticism from a fan then f* em, the word fan is from the word fanatic and I should be able to give my unbiased opinion of what I see is good or bad about my team.

Canada, please don't take what I say about your team as bad just that talent wise KC is seriously lacking next to the Chargers and Broncos, sure as TX said it's who wins the game but ultimately the best run, most talented and what team has the better players will win in the long run.

I am the outsider here, or guest as it where but what I will tell you is that I will be as critical of my own team as I will be with yours and let me say that I am as critical of Alex Smith as any outsider, yes he's young but for the amount of money we paid he hasn't lived up to my expectations as yet and maybe in his 3 year everything will come together. I hate Kwame Harris and I didn't like him from day one, he's weak and not a good fit at his position, I am very critical of Derek Smith and I think he gets more respect and kudos then he deserves, he misses initial contact often and is credited with tackles that IMO are non existent. My favorite player right now is Shawntae Spencer and I'm afraid he is in big jeopardy of losing his starting job to a much better player and I'm not going to sing his praises just because he's my fav., he needs to step up and step up big to win his job back.

I agree with what you are saying, but being on this board also dosen't mean that I am going to spend my days always talking about what is wrong with my team. If you dispute my position on my post about how the Chiefs stack up againt the rest of the division then that is your opinion. I am entitled to think that when you stack up position for position with all the teams in the west, the Chiefs are not as bad as you may think. I adressed that I think that SD and Den probably have a better o-line and corners. I know that we are aging at the corner position, i know that our o-line might not be up to snuff. I have discussed that plenty of times with people on this board. You will not however convince me that our RBs, TE, WR, D-Line, LBs and Safties will not compare with the rest of this division. You and the hillbilly can call me Homer all day long, but it dosen't make me wrong in what I say. I see the Chiefs for what they are. They have consistently been one of the most competitive regular season teams in the NFL and I expect that to continue next year.

Chiefster
07-14-2007, 06:15 PM
You know this isn't a fight guys, we are all adults, well most of us anyway and we are all here because we love the game of football. There's nothing wrong with loving your respective football teams however you can't turn a blind eye to obvious things that are wrong with your teams. That's why I hate "official" team boards, they are homerism at it's worse where you can't say a bad thing about the team or player or coaches without mods and admins either telling you to straighten up or moderating your posts ...

Speaking as a moderator I take exception to the notion that we moderate or in any way edit what anyone says about the Chiefs good, bad, or indifferent. As our official rules state the mods and admins take a very liberal less is more approach to moderating the boards when it comes to allowing everyone the right to express their opinions; all we ask is that it remain respectful. We feel that everyone has the right to express his/her opinions without personal attacks. Now having said thus, I will say this much in Canada's defense is that for the most part he has provided balance to the very large amount of pessimism that has been displayed here in the name of none homerism.

Canada
07-14-2007, 06:15 PM
Take off your HOMER GLASSES canuck!!! The Chiefs are gonna struggle to get 3rd in our division!

Sorry if I do not agree with you on that one, but now you are telling me the Faders are gonna be better. I think you might still have time to delete that post.

Sweets
07-14-2007, 06:16 PM
Well and I respect your opinions of your team as well, so I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree...it's all good. and I'm repping you for your post.

Sweets
07-14-2007, 06:18 PM
Speaking as a moderator I take exception to the notion that we moderate or in any way edit what anyone says about the Chiefs good, bad, or indifferent. As our official rules state the mods and admins take a very liberal less is more approach to moderating the boards when it comes to allowing everyone the right to express their opinions; all we ask is that it remain respectful. We feel that everyone has the right to express his/her opinions without personal attacks. Now having said thus, I will say this much in Canada's defense is that for the most part he has provided balance to the very large amount of pessimism that has been displayed here in the name of none homerism.

Chiefster, this is NOT an official team board which is what I was alluding to, I have been on the "OFFICIAL" 49er board where you are banned or moderated when you post things that they think is against the players or team.

As I said I respect Canada and his opinion and I will continue to do so.

Canada
07-14-2007, 06:19 PM
Thanx...if I know how to rep I would return it. It's nice to argue/discuss with someone other than Chief31. Looks like I will be seeing you in "the Ring" soon!

Sweets
07-14-2007, 06:21 PM
lol Canada...I enjoy this rants with you also and I'm happy that we can be argumentative without getting pissy...^5 to ya my Canadien friend..:)

Chiefster
07-14-2007, 06:23 PM
Chiefster, this is NOT an official team board which is what I was alluding to, I have been on the "OFFICIAL" 49er board where you are banned or moderated when you post things that they think is against the players or team.

As I said I respect Canada and his opinion and I will continue to do so.

Ok, I misinterpreted your use of the term "Official" to mean a single team board; which is mainly what we are.

Carry on. :D

DrunkHillbilly
07-14-2007, 06:38 PM
Sorry if I do not agree with you on that one, but now you are telling me the Faders are gonna be better. I think you might still have time to delete that post.

Never said better. Just implied that San Diego and Denver are going to be heads and tails above us this season. It kills me to give the donkeys any credit but i think they are a much improved team.

Canada
07-14-2007, 06:40 PM
Never said better. Just implied that San Diego and Denver are going to be heads and tails above us this season. It kills me to give the donkeys any credit but i think they are a much improved team.

Until they sweep us, I can't agree that either one of them are better than us. Neither one of them beat us twice last year and neither one of them did any better in the playoff than us.

DrunkHillbilly
07-14-2007, 06:43 PM
Until they sweep us, I can't agree that either one of them are better than us. Neither one of them beat us twice last year and neither one of them did any better in the playoff than us.

Better than us meaning finishing the season with better records! Not head to head, although I wouldn't bet on the Chiefs in either of those series this season.

Canada
07-14-2007, 06:49 PM
Better than us meaning finishing the season with better records! Not head to head, although I wouldn't bet on the Chiefs in either of those series this season.

I would happily wager at least a split in both of those series this and every year. As for overall records, that means nothing. (Please do not take this the wrong way.) If you want to compare these teams then head to head is the only way to see who is better, and like I said I would take the Chiefs to split them with both teams

DrunkHillbilly
07-14-2007, 06:58 PM
I would happily wager at least a split in both of those series this and every year. As for overall records, that means nothing. (Please do not take this the wrong way.) If you want to compare these teams then head to head is the only way to see who is better, and like I said I would take the Chiefs to split them with both teams

They might very well split. They do most of the time but at the end of the day, records do matter. If you win the division, you are better off than the teams that don't!

You can't possibly disagree with this can you?

Canada
07-14-2007, 07:05 PM
Yes, that is why i find it confusing that you relegate the Chiefs to third without a doubt when we were second in the division and made the playoffs and split the series with both of those teams. Records matter. I get that but the better teams beat the worse teams and i have not seen either of those teams dominate the Chiefs. I disagree with you and anyone who tells me right now that we do not have a chance at winning our division this year.

DrunkHillbilly
07-14-2007, 07:11 PM
Yes, that is why i find it confusing that you relegate the Chiefs to third without a doubt when we were second in the division and made the playoffs and split the series with both of those teams. Records matter. I get that but the better teams beat the worse teams and i have not seen either of those teams dominate the Chiefs. I disagree with you and anyone who tells me right now that we do not have a chance at winning our division this year.

You realize that we play other teams that are not in our in our division right?

I guess what I'm saying is that at this point in time, San Diego is IMO, the best team(will end up with the best record) in our division. Denver has done SUBSTANTIALLY more to improve their team this off season than the Chiefs.

Let me ask you this, were the Chiefs as good as the Chargers last season?

Canada
07-14-2007, 08:43 PM
Head to head...yes. I have not at any point said that San Diego is a bad team. I never said Denver was a bad team. However I think that Kansas City is as good...you do not. That is where our opinions differ and you will not change my mind or tell me I am wrong. And yes I realize that we play other teams...I know records count and I still think the Chiefs will compete for the division title. I know it is all about numbers for you, but if we had won at Indy in the playoffs and then beat NE before losing in the AFC Championship with a 9-7 record and SD finished 14-2 and lost first round. Who would be the better team? My point is records are what get you into the playoffs. I have seen Denver make changes, I will wait until the season before I say that they have done enough to be better than the Chiefs. SD did not do any better than a loss in their first playoff game as well so again we will have wait until they actually play the games. I guess I just have a little more optimism about next year. I am going to expect wins and enjoy them when they come and I will be bummed about the losses. Do you really enjoy expecting losses and then being surprised when they win and happy that you were right when they lose. The Chiefs will be competitive in the division race. Maybe we end up with a wild card, maybe we reel off a few wins, maybe not. If you aren't watching to see your team succeed then why are you watching?

DrunkHillbilly
07-14-2007, 09:08 PM
Head to head...yes. I have not at any point said that San Diego is a bad team. I never said Denver was a bad team. However I think that Kansas City is as good...you do not. That is where our opinions differ and you will not change my mind or tell me I am wrong. And yes I realize that we play other teams...I know records count and I still think the Chiefs will compete for the division title. I know it is all about numbers for you, but if we had won at Indy in the playoffs and then beat NE before losing in the AFC Championship with a 9-7 record and SD finished 14-2 and lost first round. Who would be the better team? My point is records are what get you into the playoffs. I have seen Denver make changes, I will wait until the season before I say that they have done enough to be better than the Chiefs. SD did not do any better than a loss in their first playoff game as well so again we will have wait until they actually play the games. I guess I just have a little more optimism about next year. I am going to expect wins and enjoy them when they come and I will be bummed about the losses. Do you really enjoy expecting losses and then being surprised when they win and happy that you were right when they lose. The Chiefs will be competitive in the division race. Maybe we end up with a wild card, maybe we reel off a few wins, maybe not. If you aren't watching to see your team succeed then why are you watching?

Ok. If, If, If...If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle!!!!! If we would have beat Indy and then beat New England and If If If.

The bottom line is IF we would have won more games, we would have been better!!!

I guess I, as well as most others on this site from what I read, are just a little more realistic. It is no secret that we are in a bit of a retooling phase and that means youth which in turn means mistakes.

We always want our team to win but I am one that doesn't have or want a false sense of security when it comes to winning games. I am never glad when we lose and yes, at times I am surprised and happy that we have won a game that maybe we got a few breaks in.

You are entitled to your opinion and I respect that but I will tell you right now that if you ask 100 people who are not Chief fans, who is the better team, 99 of them will say San Diego! Go ask your neighbor, I bet he says San Diego.

It's difficult to only compare head to head games because they play other teams. If they played 16 games against each other you would have a legitimate argument.

Trust me, when we don't do as well as you anticipate us doing, I will be the first there to take your shoestrings for your own good.

Canada
07-14-2007, 09:15 PM
Well, I guess I hope you are all right. Maybe this board is a little too depressing to enjoy. It really is a bunch of "realistic" chief haters. Call it what you want. I am excited about the upsides of my team. If I was watching and cheering for the team "everyone else thinks is better" then I would be a NE or INDY fan. I have been called enough names and I have said my piece about having a little faith in Herm and the Chiefs and most people strongly disagree with me. I guess I have not much else to say. You think that SD and DEN. You make it sound as if Den and SD have no weakness. Might as well give em the title now and save a few injuries.

Canada
07-14-2007, 09:22 PM
Ok. If, If, If...If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle!!!!! If we would have beat Indy and then beat New England and If If If.

The bottom line is IF we would have won more games, we would have been better!!!

I guess I, as well as most others on this site from what I read, are just a little more realistic. It is no secret that we are in a bit of a retooling phase and that means youth which in turn means mistakes.

We always want our team to win but I am one that doesn't have or want a false sense of security when it comes to winning games. I am never glad when we lose and yes, at times I am surprised and happy that we have won a game that maybe we got a few breaks in.

You are entitled to your opinion and I respect that but I will tell you right now that if you ask 100 people who are not Chief fans, who is the better team, 99 of them will say San Diego! Go ask your neighbor, I bet he says San Diego.

It's difficult to only compare head to head games because they play other teams. If they played 16 games against each other you would have a legitimate argument.

Trust me, when we don't do as well as you anticipate us doing, I will be the first there to take your shoestrings for your own good.

Final result last year?? SD and KC in the playoffs both lost first game. Two games head to head...SD 1-1 KC 1-1. See...it isn;t difficult to compare. That is realistic. What you are is pessimistic. And if 99 of those 100 people said that the world is flat...would they be right?

DrunkHillbilly
07-14-2007, 09:37 PM
Well, I guess I hope you are all right. Maybe this board is a little too depressing to enjoy. It really is a bunch of "realistic" chief haters. Call it what you want. I am excited about the upsides of my team. If I was watching and cheering for the team "everyone else thinks is better" then I would be a NE or INDY fan. I have been called enough names and I have said my piece about having a little faith in Herm and the Chiefs and most people strongly disagree with me. I guess I have not much else to say. You think that SD and DEN. You make it sound as if Den and SD have no weakness. Might as well give em the title now and save a few injuries.

Don't take it personnaly, it's just banter! Just don't want to get the hopes too high!

There is a difference between optomistic, pesomistic and realistic. Hurts less when your realistic! Try it.

I will give one of them the title!!! To the NFC West. NOT the Superbowl though!

Sweets
07-15-2007, 01:14 AM

Canada, come on now...no one is giving in this is what people talk about in the off season and no one is hating on the Chiefs. If everyone that came here said the same thing "the Chiefs are the best in the league" there would be nothing else to talk about and you may as well close the site, that's what's great about message board you have a lot of people with different opinions talking and jawing about football and what they think and during the season we can come in here and give each other **** for what we said in the off season, every team has weaknesses its the teams that accentuate their strengths and lessen their weaknesses that in the end come out on top. No one is giving any team the title now, we all are going to have to earn our way to the top, Indy included because that's one of the hardest things to do is repeat.

Canada
07-15-2007, 10:09 AM

Sorry to come back to this post again, but people are saying the Raiders are gonna be better and that is not hatin on the Chiefs? I don't know how to quote multiple posts, but trust me I could find you a hundred posts about how bad the Chiefs are. I do not do a lot of computer stuff, but I know when I am reading a bunch of negative things about the Chiefs. I hear enough of their bad side and how good the donkeys and bolts are on TV. Everyone says they hate ESPN and NFL Network here, but it is like watching a rerun of Total Access listening to the downfalls of the Chiefs. I hear the same sh#t here as I do everywhere else. I come here to talk about the Chiefs and what I like about them. Have you seen anyone on this board have any prolonged conversation at all about something positive with this team. We all hate Carl, We all hate Herm, the season is over before it starts. You are right, everyone has a right to their own opinion. I am sorry I just expected to find more optimism here.

Homer

Sweets
07-15-2007, 10:24 AM
The Raiders??? bwahahahahahahahahahah, of course maybe their defense, they are stocked on D but on offense..I DON'T THINK SO....unless the Chiefs totally break down somewhere, I don't see the Raiders moving ahead of anyone in your div.

Coach
07-15-2007, 11:22 AM

Don't lump me into that pessimistic group of people. I'm a glass half full kind of guy that gets sick of all of the negativity as well. But in an off-season where a team has done little to shore up problems, the skeptics are going to be out in full force. That's their right. But it's also my right to stay positive about the Chiefs for a lot of the reasons you have already mentioned. The Chiefs haven't lost anything yet. We have a new QB, a new #1 WR and the Chiefs are coming off their first playoff season in a few years. The defense is vastly improved and should be a top 10 defense this year. The Chiefs still have the best tight end in football, hopefully LJ, and finally a deep threat in the passing offense. There is a lot to be optimistic about. Don't let the negativity pull you down. I don't!

:bananen_smilies047: Take that skeptics!!!!!!:bananen_smilies047:

Sorry to come back to this post again, but people are saying the Raiders are gonna be better and that is not hatin on the Chiefs? I don't know how to quote multiple posts, but trust me I could find you a hundred posts about how bad the Chiefs are. I do not do a lot of computer stuff, but I know when I am reading a bunch of negative things about the Chiefs. I hear enough of their bad side and how good the donkeys and bolts are on TV. Everyone says they hate ESPN and NFL Network here, but it is like watching a rerun of Total Access listening to the downfalls of the Chiefs. I hear the same sh#t here as I do everywhere else. I come here to talk about the Chiefs and what I like about them. Have you seen anyone on this board have any prolonged conversation at all about something positive with this team. We all hate Carl, We all hate Herm, the season is over before it starts. You are right, everyone has a right to their own opinion. I am sorry I just expected to find more optimism here.

Homer

Again, don't lump us all into that group of pessimists. It's just like watching your local news. You don't see stories on the good things happening in your local community, you see stories about a double-murder on the SE side of town, or how the local economy is struggling. You can let yourself get caught up in being negative, but it's an awful life to live. All this banter reminds me a lot of a quote from my favorite movie of all time(Shawshank Redemption), "Get busy livin', or get busy dyin."

I feel sorry for people that do nothing but complain. As I said earlier, it's an awful way to live your life. If you don't believe me, then try this challenge.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17362505/

The Raiders??? bwahahahahahahahahahah, of course maybe their defense, they are stocked on D but on offense..I DON'T THINK SO....unless the Chiefs totally break down somewhere, I don't see the Raiders moving ahead of anyone in your div.

Agreed 100%. Holy cow as I'm writing this article, I just heard an optimistic story about Dwayne Bowe on ESPN. See it is possible.

Sweets
07-15-2007, 11:42 AM
Well hell, post the dang story already!!!!!:anim-magicman:

Coach
07-15-2007, 11:47 AM
Well hell, post the dang story already!!!!!:anim-magicman:

Sorry for the long post. Didn't want to make it even longer.

Sweets
07-15-2007, 01:22 PM
Well a paragraph and the link would be sufficient...come on YOU CAN DO IT

DrunkHillbilly
07-15-2007, 01:48 PM
I have not seen ANY posts saying the Raiders are going to be better than the Chiefs!!! I did say they would be fightin it out with them for third because I think the Donks and SD are going to be 1st and 2nd. But the raiders better than anyone?????? Come on! They'll be suckin the bottom of the barrel for years to come!

As far as pesamistic goes, maybe, but as I said, I get sick of year after year, going by and we are a good regular season team and couldn't beat 11 of us in the playoffs! When we luck into them that is.

Dwayne Bowe, I am one of the people that was glad we took a receiver in the 1st round! Glaring need for the Cheifs. They have him ranked third in rookie of the year voting in an article I read.

Everyone always wants to be optimistic about their teams upcoming season. But realism kicks in at some point doesn't it? You can't go on every year and say "Man, we have a great tight end, Wow, are RB is awesome"! We know this already! How about "I wish we do something to improve( you fill in the blank)? It sounds to me like mediocrity has set in on a couple of you. I do not like mediocrity however! This team hasn't won in 100 years! It's time to stop being satisfied with 8,9,10 wins and to start wanting to jump in the pool with the teams of this century and continue to improve our team year after year! If that is being PESAMISTIC then I guess I am the KING!!!! I have nothing else in my life to be stressed about so I guess this is my one vice. Strive to be the best, not MEDIOCRE!!!!

Canada
07-15-2007, 06:27 PM
I have not seen ANY posts saying the Raiders are going to be better than the Chiefs!!! I did say they would be fightin it out with them for third because I think the Donks and SD are going to be 1st and 2nd. But the raiders better than anyone?????? Come on! They'll be suckin the bottom of the barrel for years to come!

As far as pesamistic goes, maybe, but as I said, I get sick of year after year, going by and we are a good regular season team and couldn't beat 11 of us in the playoffs! When we luck into them that is.

Dwayne Bowe, I am one of the people that was glad we took a receiver in the 1st round! Glaring need for the Cheifs. They have him ranked third in rookie of the year voting in an article I read.

Everyone always wants to be optimistic about their teams upcoming season. But realism kicks in at some point doesn't it? You can't go on every year and say "Man, we have a great tight end, Wow, are RB is awesome"! We know this already! How about "I wish we do something to improve( you fill in the blank)? It sounds to me like mediocrity has set in on a couple of you. I do not like mediocrity however! This team hasn't won in 100 years! It's time to stop being satisfied with 8,9,10 wins and to start wanting to jump in the pool with the teams of this century and continue to improve our team year after year! If that is being PESAMISTIC then I guess I am the KING!!!! I have nothing else in my life to be stressed about so I guess this is my one vice. Strive to be the best, not MEDIOCRE!!!!

Saying that we will be in a fight for third with the raiders means that you think the raiders have the potential for third and since SD and the Donks have got 1st and 2nd locked up already Where does that leave the Chiefs? Last!! That my friend is saying that the Raiders might be better. They won't even be close, but if that is a team that you think has potential then I have to wonder are DEN and SD really as good as you say?I have stated quite clearly the spots where I think this team has needs. I do not come in here talking about how we are gonna go undefeated and win the SuperBowl. U want realistic...which team is gonna win the Super Bowl this year? You already know who isn't so I would like to hear who will some money. I just don't understand why you would bother watching the Chiefs if you think they are such a bad team all these years. That makes no sense to me at all.

DrunkHillbilly
07-15-2007, 06:52 PM
Saying that we will be in a fight for third with the raiders means that you think the raiders have the potential for third and since SD and the Donks have got 1st and 2nd locked up already Where does that leave the Chiefs? Last!! That my friend is saying that the Raiders might be better. They won't even be close, but if that is a team that you think has potential then I have to wonder are DEN and SD really as good as you say?I have stated quite clearly the spots where I think this team has needs. I do not come in here talking about how we are gonna go undefeated and win the SuperBowl. U want realistic...which team is gonna win the Super Bowl this year? You already know who isn't so I would like to hear who will some money. I just don't understand why you would bother watching the Chiefs if you think they are such a bad team all these years. That makes no sense to me at all.

When I say fighting for third place, I just mean that I think Denver and SD will be strides above us in the fight for the top. By NO means do I think the Raiders are going to be better than the Chiefs! I was just trying to imply that we were not going to be in 1st or 2nd.

I hope I am wrong about this but with the way we lucked into the playoffs last year and the improvements that Denver made, I don't think I will be. I never said anything about the Chiefs being a BAD team all these years. On the contrary my friend! Read my posts and you will see that what I said was I am sick of being such a GOOD team in the regular season and choking it up in the playoffs!

Can you deny the fact that all through the Marty days up until now that we have been a laughing stock to other NFL teams as well as their fans when it comes to the playoffs? Everyone has made light of the Chiefs getting into the playoffs because of our efforts in the playoffs!

As far as the Superbowl winner goes.....My pick is the New England Patriots. Not a fan, just my pick.

Who is yours? Let me guess!!!!!! Don't say it!

Canada
07-15-2007, 07:06 PM
My pick to win the Bowl is NOT the number 1 seed or 2 seed, it is not the team that looks best on paper, it is not the team that 99 out of 100 people say is better...it is the Chiefs. That is what I hope for every season and until they have been eliminated from Super Bowl contention, I will continue to believe that this is the year. If it isn't and they have a good year and win 11 games then I am happy. If they lose 11 games then I am upset and then I think people have the right to ***** about them being bad. The team that everyone is saying is not going anywhere this year has not even played a single game together nevermind a practice. I see a lot of talented players on the Chiefs that just might get the right chemistry and put together a team that absolutely no one can score on. Sure we won't have DV's offence but that offence got us nowhere but the highlight reels. I think that the Chiefs can line up on any given Sunday with ANY team in the NFL and have a good chance to win the game. And if they can do that, stay healthy and get a few breaks to go their way then I think they are going to surprise a lot of people. People don't talk us seriously in the playoffs??...have you noticed that most of their "fans" don't seem to think too much of them either. "Backing into the playoffs"??...don't take this personally but that sounds like a Donx fan. We beat Jacksonville. We won enough games to make the playoffs. Period. Den can't beat SF...their problem. We won 10 games the year before and didn't make it in (incidentally PIT got our wildcard spot and won the SB)but did anyone say that PIT "backed in" to the playoffs? NO. So I honestly don't care if Rich Eisen dosen't talk about the Chiefs on TV and they aren't Rnaked #1 by the "experts' and we only backed into our playoff spot last year, nothing anyone says will make me change my mind. The Chiefs are a damn good team with a shot at winning a lot of games this year.

As far as the Superbowl winner goes.....My pick is the Kansas City Chiefs. Am a fan, still my pick.

DrunkHillbilly
07-15-2007, 07:55 PM
OK!! Whatever!

We all wish for that but....Do Cubs fans pick the Cubs at the beginning of the year too????

Canada
07-15-2007, 08:13 PM
Probably

Sweets
07-15-2007, 08:14 PM
Well getting back to Team "49ER"...lol

YZILLA
07-15-2007, 10:34 PM
Why don't we just wait and see what happens . Hell we have the best Tightend in the league , A Top Running Back, A Quarterback in Huard who played a Damn near Perfect season for a guy who has had hardly any playing time in his whole career. I mean The guy made me hopeful the first game he started after Green went Down. I know what everyone thinks of Green and I loved him too. But I also Know That When he started having Troubles , at least 90% of the stadium Booed him. When He was taken out for an injury to his ankle for a couple plays The crowd Went nuts for Huard when he came in and led them to yet another score. Then Green came back in and the Boos Started ( I was there ) . But back to the optimistic side. Huard is an Awsome Quarterback and I would have wanted him starting over Green this year, We picked up some Huge keys players on Defense compared to last year. So Heres the moral to my Story . We have a proven Quarterback , Runningback/s, Wide Receiver/s Tightend and a Great defensive Field. lets just sit back and see what happens . Nobody knew larry Johnson before priest really got hurt. So Lets see what all these guys do as a " TEAM" because A Team who plays as a cohesive unit will beat a Team with a Few Awsome stars on it almost all the time. Lets give our Coach and Coaching staff a Chance to put the puzzle together with all of the pieces they have added to the pile. Herm hasn't had a fair shot yet, he was given a team last year . This year will be different . I feel it. GO CHIEFS !!!!

Chiefster
07-15-2007, 10:39 PM
Why don't we just wait and see what happens ...

That is all we can do but in the mean time it's fun to speculate, if for no other reason then to see how right or wrong we are at the end of the season; good bad or indifferent.

Sweets
07-16-2007, 11:55 AM
Anyway, back to MY team.....*looks up at title of thread* Yes, it's all about me and my team up in here damn it!!!

There's talk in league circles that the San Francisco 49ers are closing in on a deal with offensive tackle Joe Staley, the 28th overall pick in the 2007 draft. Only one first-round selection has signed a contract (tight end Greg Olsen of the Bears, at No. 31), even though training camps begin to open next week.
Source: Mike Florio, ProFootballTalk.com (http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm)

Sweets
07-16-2007, 11:56 AM
I want Joe Staley so that Kwame Harris will lose his starting position and go away.

Canada
07-16-2007, 11:58 AM
That is what I have been saying and I am going to continue to cheer for us to win the Super Bowl!

Sweets
07-16-2007, 12:06 PM
You've been saying you want Joe Staley too?? wow, I had no idea..lol

Chiefster
07-16-2007, 03:16 PM
Joe Staley would be nice for sure.

Coach
07-17-2007, 12:31 AM
Nobody knew larry Johnson before priest really got hurt.

Great point. We don't know what we have with Croyle. He could be the next Montana for all we know.

DrunkHillbilly
07-17-2007, 12:36 AM
Do we know Larry yet?

Coach
07-17-2007, 12:40 AM
Do we know Larry yet?

I think we know that he is a very good rb.

DrunkHillbilly
07-17-2007, 12:48 AM
I think we know that he is a very good rb.

Oh, when I was saying he needed to get paid someone said we didn't know enough about him in a year and a half to know if he was any good. Not sure who it was. But i agree with you.

Coach
07-17-2007, 01:11 AM
Oh, when I was saying he needed to get paid someone said we didn't know enough about him in a year and a half to know if he was any good. Not sure who it was. But i agree with you.

I said that we don't know enough about him in 1.5 yrs to justify paying him LT money. There is a big difference there. I have never questioned whether he was a good RB.
Good attempt to back me into a corner though.:bananalama:

DrunkHillbilly
07-17-2007, 01:26 PM
I said that we don't know enough about him in 1.5 yrs to justify paying him LT money. There is a big difference there. I have never questioned whether he was a good RB.
Good attempt to back me into a corner though.:bananalama:

Well then, how good is he? How much is he worth?

According to a few of you, he can't catch, he won't block, he refuses to run outside, he has an attitude like TO.

Hell, he ain't worth nothin if all this is true!!!!:sign0161:

Canada
07-17-2007, 07:35 PM
Well then, how good is he? How much is he worth?

According to a few of you, he can't catch, he won't block, he refuses to run outside, he has an attitude like TO.

Hell, he ain't worth nothin if all this is true!!!!:sign0161:

Could be worth a few picks and the future of this franchise if they are spent wisely.

DrunkHillbilly
07-17-2007, 09:13 PM
Could be worth a few picks and the future of this franchise if they are spent wisely.

Sure, because he is terrible and shouldn't be in this teams future!!:character0011:

Canada
07-17-2007, 10:58 PM
Sure, because he is terrible and shouldn't be in this teams future!!:character0011:

Why are you always trying to start a fight? I never said that. I have heard all you speechs. If LJ is our RB in the future and is successful and gains 1750 yds a season for the next 5 yrs behind the same line but does not win a playoff game then so what. I never once said LJ was not good. No one here has EVER said that (to my knowledge) However, maybe we trade him and get two picks in next years draft that turn out to be the new Roaf and Shields. Then I could run behind them. LJ's trade value will never be higher than it is right now so pay him or trade him. I can see a valid argument for both sides but don't say I don't like him as a running back. He could improve parts of his game and if he wants a big payday he better improve. It's not like KC has trouble producing running backs. No matter how good you are there is always someone waiting to take your place.

Chiefster
07-17-2007, 11:02 PM
Why are you always trying to start a fight? I never said that. I have heard all you speechs. If LJ is our RB in the future and is successful and gains 1750 yds a season for the next 5 yrs behind the same line but does not win a playoff game then so what. I never once said LJ was not good. No one here has EVER said that (to my knowledge) However, maybe we trade him and get two picks in next years draft that turn out to be the new Roaf and Shields. Then I could run behind them. LJ's trade value will never be higher than it is right now so pay him or trade him. I can see a valid argument for both sides but don't say I don't like him as a running back. He could improve parts of his game and if he wants a big payday he better improve. It's not like KC has trouble producing running backs. No matter how good you are there is always someone waiting to take your place.

...Could not have said it better!

DrunkHillbilly
07-17-2007, 11:21 PM

Easy thin skin!!!! I'm not fighting at all. If I have to place smiley's after every post I will!

I just don't understand why you would take a chance on a "possibility" rather than build your team around a "definitley"? He is a stud RB!!

Also, if you can see a valid argument for both sides, why are you only arguing one side?

As far as producing RB's goes, who's the back up now? Exactly, do you want to put our future on his shoulders do you? Meaning, who would take Lj's place if we have someone waiting to take his place.:character00265: :character00265: :character00265:

No fighting!! Just conversing. We all don't have to agree on the same thing do we? :character00265:

DrunkHillbilly
07-17-2007, 11:23 PM
...Could not have said it better!

You too????:D :D :D :D

Chiefster
07-17-2007, 11:24 PM
Easy thin skin!!!! I'm not fighting at all. If I have to place smiley's after every post I will!

I just don't understand why you would take a chance on a "possibility" rather than build your team around a "definitley"? He is a stud RB!!

Also, if you can see a valid argument for both sides, why are you only arguing one side?

As far as producing RB's goes, who's the back up now? Exactly, do you want to put our future on his shoulders do you? Meaning, who would take Lj's place if we have someone waiting to take his place.:character00265: :character00265:

No fighting!! Just conversing. We all don't have to agree on the same thing do we? :character00265:

Only if it's to agree to disagree. LOL!!! :D

Chiefster
07-17-2007, 11:25 PM
You too????:D :D :D

I was just agreeing. :D

Canada
07-17-2007, 11:26 PM

Sounds like both sides to me.

Canada
07-17-2007, 11:29 PM

I don't have thin skin, you just put these words in my mouth and then started arguing about it is all. If we disagree on opinions that is one thing, just don't argue things i never said.

Chiefster
07-17-2007, 11:29 PM
Sounds like both sides to me.

"Tastes great - less filling!"

Canada
07-17-2007, 11:33 PM
Fine!! 1 more and then that is it. I gotta get up and do nothing again tomorrw. I am so bored.

Chiefster
07-17-2007, 11:35 PM
Fine!! 1 more and then that is it. I gotta get up and do nothing again tomorrw. I am so bored.

Hey why wait until tomorrow to do nothing; stay up tonight and do nothing while conversing with us. :D

Canada
07-17-2007, 11:37 PM
hmmm....your ideas intrigue me and I would like to subscribe to your magazine! Lemme go see how the "supply" is doing. Can't compute all night without being properly hydrated.

Chiefster
07-17-2007, 11:40 PM
hmmm....your ideas intrigue me and I would like to subscribe to your magazine! Lemme go see how the "supply" is doing. Can't compute all night without being properly hydrated.

Ahhh; beer made with "high quality H2o".

Canada
07-17-2007, 11:45 PM
You guessed it my fiend. Yes...i put fiend. I think you secretly work for the beer company and you are trying to improve your profit margins by subtly mentioning beer knowing that i will have to have one every time you post anything. Yup thats right...i have one for every post you post!! I already had a few this afternoon and I don't know if i should continue on this path of nonsensical babble. hmmm....yes, i should. Although I called you a fiend earlier in the post for being a secret employee of the beer companies, you are also my friend for being a secret employy..beer ...blah. think might nap abit now giod djjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj jjjjjjjjjj
jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj
jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj jjjj

Canada
07-17-2007, 11:45 PM
is that even how you spell fiend?

DrunkHillbilly
07-17-2007, 11:46 PM
I don't have thin skin, you just put these words in my mouth and then started arguing about it is all. If we disagree on opinions that is one thing, just don't argue things i never said.

It was just the implication that if he gains 1750 and we don't win, then what kind of contribution has he given thing.

Trade him now and get a few draft picks eludes to you not having much confidence in him being a top back! If you don't like him thats fine but to say he won't be a contributor with out those numbers is aggressive to me.

I also disagree that anyone could run behind draft picks like Roaf and Sheilds. They were truly legends!! :character00265: :character00265:

Canada
07-17-2007, 11:51 PM
It was just the implication that if he gains 1750 and we don't win, then what kind of contribution has he given thing.

Trade him now and get a few draft picks eludes to you not having much confidence in him being a top back! If you don't like him thats fine but to say he won't be a contributor with out those numbers is aggressive to me.

I also disagree that anyone could run behind draft picks like Roaf and Sheilds. They were truly legends!! :character00265: :character00265:

He gained 1750 yds. That is his contribution. That is what he brings to the table is it not?

That is not a lack of confidence in his ability as a back, I would prefer to have a stronger 0-line. The o-line can make or break a team.

Roaf and Shields were draft picks once upon a time. All I am saying is that we might be able to pick up some excellent talent on the line.

Chiefster
07-18-2007, 12:08 AM
You guessed it my fiend. Yes...i put fiend. I think you secretly work for the beer company and you are trying to improve your profit margins by subtly mentioning beer knowing that i will have to have one every time you post anything. Yup thats right...i have one for every post you post!! I already had a few this afternoon and I don't know if i should continue on this path of nonsensical babble. hmmm....yes, i should. Although I called you a fiend earlier in the post for being a secret employee of the beer companies, you are also my friend for being a secret employy..beer ...blah. think might nap abit now giod djjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj jjjjjjjjjj
jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj
jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj jjjj

Tastes great -

is that even how you spell fiend?

...less filling!!!!

LOL!!! ROFL!!!!!!