PDA

View Full Version : LJs meeting with Goodell

Canada
10-28-2008, 06:40 PM
Anyone heard anything about LJs meeting with the big boss?

slc chief
10-28-2008, 09:17 PM
nfl live just mentioned that the suspension will most likely be a 3 game suspension possibly starting this week

Chiefster
10-28-2008, 10:19 PM
nfl live just mentioned that the suspension will most likely be a 3 game suspension possibly starting this week

That could make things interesting.

Drunker Hillbilly
10-28-2008, 11:09 PM
That could make things interesting.
How? Nothing will change.

slc chief
10-28-2008, 11:13 PM
i kind of have mixed feelings on this matter i know johnson has not been a very good role model,teammate,citizen etc. and i know he needs to be punished but in my eyes he is still a chief for how long who knows but i know won thing the hate for herm and carl is definantly there. for lj i am not sure i think he is the best rb back we got and his contract is telling me he will be a chief for a few more years so i am going to support him as chief and hope he can turn this thing around and get back to respectability i know this is not going to sit well with others but honestly i do not think he will be leaving so GOOD LUCK LJ get your head out of your a##

Sn@keIze
10-28-2008, 11:16 PM
I hope Goodell considers the fact that he already sit out two games.

slc chief
10-28-2008, 11:31 PM
I hope Goodell considers the fact that he already sit out two games.

that should definantly be taken into consideration we could definantly use him at the end of the year to try and get some wins for motivation for next year

greg3564
10-29-2008, 12:19 PM
LJ will be lucky to make it the rest of the season, let alone a another year, as a Chief. His behavior cannot and will not be tolerated and as fans we should demand better conduct from our players. After all, it's our money that's being paid to these guys. I've read several news articles that have all theorized that this will be LJ's last year as a Chief and I tend to agree. Good riddance. I'm sure the Raiders would love to have his drama.

yashi
10-29-2008, 01:10 PM
Cut him ASAP. The guy is a locker room cancer and turning the magic age for RBs next year anyway. Let him go to the Bengals or Raiders where he belongs.

And to anyone who might say he still has something left, his only 2 games this season above 3.4 YPC came against the Falcons and Broncos, the 23rd and 30th ranked rush defenses in the league. He had 1.8 YPC against the 26th ranked Raiders, 0.3 YPC against the 14th ranked Panthers, and 3.4 against the 20th Patriots.

Sn@keIze
10-29-2008, 01:16 PM
Keep him. Hes got some good running in him. So hes not perfect, so what, neither are any of us.

Who of us hasnt pushed or spit in womans face at 3:00 in the morning?:D

jmlamerson
10-29-2008, 01:17 PM
Cut him ASAP. The guy is a locker room cancer and turning the magic age for RBs next year anyway. Let him go to the Bengals or Raiders where he belongs.

And to anyone who might say he still has something left, his only 2 games this season above 3.4 YPC came against the Falcons and Broncos, the 23rd and 30th ranked rush defenses in the league. He had 1.8 YPC against the 26th ranked Raiders, 0.3 YPC against the 14th ranked Panthers, and 3.4 against the 20th Patriots.

The problem with cutting LJ now is that you eat his cap hit and get nothing in return. It's a bad situation, and as badly as he needs to be off this team, it actually hurts us to cut him. We'd be better off suspending him for the year, like the Bucs did with Keyshawn and the Eagles did with TO.

Try and trade him in the offeason for anything. If it turns out he's untradeable, then you look at cutting him.

jap1
10-29-2008, 03:09 PM
I hope he comes back and dominates at the end of the season. That way if they do trade him, then he will be worth something. If not, then we know he still has some left in the tank. I think if Peterson is still here in the offseason, LJ is gone (and unfortunately probably TG too). If Peterson steps down/is fired, then we may be able to keep them.

AkChief49
10-29-2008, 05:30 PM
I hope Goodell considers the fact that he already sit out two games.he sat out two games with a check!not really teaching him much of a lesson there.

Darth CarlSatan
10-29-2008, 05:39 PM
Anyone heard anything about LJs meeting with the big boss?

Nothing official( which is all that matters ), but general consensus on the wire is:

He's done with the Chiefs, if not the NFL altogether.

Drunker Hillbilly
10-29-2008, 06:51 PM
Nothing official( which is all that matters ), but general consensus on the wire is:

He's done with the Chiefs, if not the NFL altogether.
Now this made me laugh! "if not the NFL all together". What?????? There are murderers in the league! He spit in a girls face!

Darth CarlSatan
10-29-2008, 06:55 PM
Now this made me laugh! "if not the NFL all together". What?????? There are murderers in the league! He spit in a girls face!

If he's cut by the Chiefs, who takes him?
Answer:
No one, unless they are the very definition of "desperate". But who knows, you may be right!

I'm sure there are plenty of Coaches in the NFL who really want to acquire some poison for their team!

Three7s
10-29-2008, 06:58 PM
Someone will take him, but he's gonna be known as a player at risk, forever. Most won't want to take that risk.

Drunker Hillbilly
10-29-2008, 07:04 PM
If he's cut by the Chiefs, who takes him?
Answer:
No one, unless they are the very definition of "desperate". But who knows, you may be right!

I'm sure there are plenty of Coaches in the NFL who really want to acquire some poison for their team!
Are you and Three 7's serious???? He one of the best backs in the league for god sakes! If Pac Man Jones got a 15th chance, LJ sure as hell will get one!! Randy Moss ran into a policeman with his car, Ray Lewis Killed someone, Leonard Little has had 47 DUI's etc.... I don't need to go on but LJ WILL play in the NFL!!

yashi
10-29-2008, 07:49 PM
LJ is absolutely not one of the best backs in the league. He is one of the worst pass blocking backs, average receiver, and has 1 great rushing game for every 2 terrible ones these days.

Drunker Hillbilly
10-29-2008, 08:07 PM
LJ is absolutely not one of the best backs in the league. He is one of the worst pass blocking backs, average receiver, and has 1 great rushing game for every 2 terrible ones these days.
HAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAA!! Good one!:drunkhb: :puff:

rbedgood
10-29-2008, 08:17 PM
Teams that would sign LJ if he was released...

Seattle--aging team needs an immediate answer. He'd look a lot better than Julius Jones or Maurice Morris

New England--They signed Moss and squared him up...their top RB (Maroney) is out for the season and they could use a guy to take the role Corey Dillon had there for years

Chicago--Gave up on Benson this year, Forte looks legit, but with LJ you can know if you have an O-line he can get it done. Chicago has an O-line

Pittsburgh--they've been needing a workhorse since Bettis retired. Willie Parker won't stay healthy with 20+ carries per game. Bringing in LJ helps FWP fill a role he's better served in...and LJ would look real good behind their run blocking line.

Now I don't think any of those teams would trade for LJ under his current contract, but all of them would sign him as a free agent.

jmlamerson
10-29-2008, 08:36 PM
Teams that would sign LJ if he was released...

Seattle--aging team needs an immediate answer. He'd look a lot better than Julius Jones or Maurice Morris

New England--They signed Moss and squared him up...their top RB (Maroney) is out for the season and they could use a guy to take the role Corey Dillon had there for years

Chicago--Gave up on Benson this year, Forte looks legit, but with LJ you can know if you have an O-line he can get it done. Chicago has an O-line

Pittsburgh--they've been needing a workhorse since Bettis retired. Willie Parker won't stay healthy with 20+ carries per game. Bringing in LJ helps FWP fill a role he's better served in...and LJ would look real good behind their run blocking line.

Now I don't think any of those teams would trade for LJ under his current contract, but all of them would sign him as a free agent.

I bet the Bengals, Browns, Ravens, Jags, BRONCOS, Cardinals, Lions, Bucs, and Saints (w/ Deuce gone) would trip over themselves to sign him to a contract if available. Not at half of what we signed him, but something in the range of a 4-year, $10M deal.

You telling me Shanahan wouldn't have him on the next plane to Denver?

Darth CarlSatan
10-29-2008, 08:55 PM

Not to mention the ONE THING that made him an endearing "go to guy" is now completely absent and/or gone:

The ability to punch through the wall in Red Zone situations.

Yep; Gone.

slc chief
10-29-2008, 10:12 PM
Not to mention the ONE THING that made him an endearing "go to guy" is now completely absent and/or gone:

Yep; Gone.
the correct answer to that is the o-line really though that has a big part of it

Darth CarlSatan
10-29-2008, 10:34 PM
the correct answer to that is the o-line really though that has a big part of it

True enough, though I have to say his "Herm Hug Touchdown" was one of the most lethargic looking runs I've ever seen.

Drunker Hillbilly
10-29-2008, 10:53 PM

Yep; Gone.
He would DOMINATE, yes DOMINATE on ANY team with a half mediocre O line. Just like jm said, there are 15 teams in this league that would do absolutely whatever they could to get this guy. If in fact he does go elsewhere, he will only return to scorch us. Too bad but that is what will happen. Doesn't have anything to do with us not improving or me not having any faith blah blah blah. It is strictly because with any kind of line, he is IMO a top 3 back in the league. Top 5 at worst.

Darth CarlSatan
10-29-2008, 11:02 PM
He would DOMINATE, yes DOMINATE on ANY team with a half mediocre O line. Just like jm said, there are 15 teams in this league that would do absolutely whatever they could to get this guy. If in fact he does go elsewhere, he will only return to scorch us. Too bad but that is what will happen. Doesn't have anything to do with us not improving or me not having any faith blah blah blah. It is strictly because with any kind of line, he is IMO a top 3 back in the league. Top 5 at worst.

Damn; and I thought my "man-crush" on Flowers was over the top...:D

tammietailgator
10-29-2008, 11:38 PM
My daughter picked out a LJ jersey in the pre season.... She told me today that she is going to throw it away, because he is bad! Out of the mouths of babes!

Darth CarlSatan
10-30-2008, 12:25 AM
My daughter picked out a LJ jersey in the pre season.... She told me today that she is going to throw it away, because he is bad! Out of the mouths of babes!

As you are by now well aware, I'm hardly a candidate for the New-Old American Puritan Party. But I applaud The Commissioner for cracking down hard on this kind of nonsense.
Football is, by and large, a source of hope for a lot of kids who want to go to College and make something of themselves as well as being a source of influence to all athletically inclined kids in general.
Very rarely do the guys like Johnson ever see or win a Super Bowl; they get the money, get distracted, and their personal game goes downhill.
The Chiefs have been fairly good about weeding this kind of thing out by not letting it in the door in the first place, but sometimes when we're winning even WE have turned a blind eye( Carter and Rison, anyone? ).

The NFL Commissioner has my FULL support in this matter; more DT's, TG's, and Holmes, and a lot less LJ's.

Coach
10-30-2008, 01:21 AM
I think every team would be willing to put LJ on their roster for the right price. No way is he done in the NFL. For that matter, I'd be very surpriused if he is done with the Chiefs. He is the perfect back for their running scheme. I think he is here next year. Actually, I'd prefer that he is. We have much more pressing needs on this team than drafting another RB.

greg3564
10-30-2008, 01:32 AM
As you are by now well aware, I'm hardly a candidate for the New-Old American Puritan Party. But I applaud The Commissioner for cracking down hard on this kind of nonsense.
Football is, by and large, a source of hope for a lot of kids who want to go to College and make something of themselves as well as being a source of influence to all athletically inclined kids in general.
Very rarely do the guys like Johnson ever see or win a Super Bowl; they get the money, get distracted, and their personal game goes downhill.
The Chiefs have been fairly good about weeding this kind of thing out by not letting it in the door in the first place, but sometimes when we're winning even WE have turned a blind eye( Carter and Rison, anyone? ).

The NFL Commissioner has my FULL support in this matter; more DT's, TG's, and Holmes, and a lot less LJ's.

I guess Vermeil was right in not wanting him on the team. I think a lot of us thought Vermeil was a little over the top in his assessment. Not any more. In all respect to Coach, LJ is gone after this season. The Chiefs drafted Charles as an insurance plan for this very scenario. Add in Smith, and the Chiefs can look into a low draft pick or an undrafted 3rd RB. Charles is the real deal. But he too needs a half decent line to run behind. Priest Holmes in his prime couldn't run behind this pathetic O line.

Coach
10-30-2008, 01:36 AM
Jamaal Charles is not an every down back.

greg3564
10-30-2008, 01:43 AM
Jamaal Charles is not an every down back.

You obviously didn't watch him every weekend like myself and others have here in Texas. Despite skipping his senior year, Charles ranks fourth in the list of total-rushing yards by a UT player, behind Ricky Williams (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ricky_Williams), Cedric Benson (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cedric_Benson), and Earl Campbell (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earl_Campbell), with 3,328 yards. In 2005 he was averaging 7.2 yards per carry and in 2006 and 2007 he averaged over 6 per carry.

Darth CarlSatan
10-30-2008, 01:48 AM
I think every team would be willing to put LJ on their roster for the right price. No way is he done in the NFL. For that matter, I'd be very surpriused if he is done with the Chiefs. He is the perfect back for their running scheme. I think he is here next year. Actually, I'd prefer that he is. We have much more pressing needs on this team than drafting another RB.

We wouldn't have to draft an RB; it's the one position that's already stacked.
Want fast? Charles.
Want tough? Savage( my KINGDOM to see if LJ could take that hit on the return against Denver that Savage did, and still have the ball in his hands?; I'm guessing NOPE. )
Want shuck and jive? Smith.

Yep; deep as a country well, and no more digging required.

hermhater
10-30-2008, 01:50 AM
We've got too much money in LJ.

Carl doesn't waste money.

Three7s
10-30-2008, 01:55 AM
You obviously didn't watch him every weekend like myself and others have here in Texas. Despite skipping his senior year, Charles ranks fourth in the list of total-rushing yards by a UT player, behind Ricky Williams (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ricky_Williams), Cedric Benson (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cedric_Benson), and Earl Campbell (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earl_Campbell), with 3,328 yards. In 2005 he was averaging 7.2 yards per carry and in 2006 and 2007 he averaged over 6 per carry.
I agree with Coach, he's far too small to be an every down back. He'll get hurt if he gets the full load. In fact, he's hurt now! Though, it's not too serious. Some in Texas may agree with you, but it was texaschief that said, first, that he wasn't an every down back!

Darth CarlSatan
10-30-2008, 02:07 AM
We've got too much money in LJ.

Carl doesn't waste money.

Doesn't make it either as of late. He'll pander, beg, borrow and steal to come out of this smelling like a rose; LJ is HIS personal f*ck up.

Yep; all of a sudden, a solid Defensive End who LOVED being a Chief and genuinely loved us, the fans, is no longer in the picture due to his "player at risk" status as decreed by King Dipsh*t, and I'm stuck with a useless sack of sh*t "Jay-Z"-wannabe sociopath.

Yay Carl; Yayyyyyy.....

Darth CarlSatan
10-30-2008, 02:50 AM
I guess Vermeil was right in not wanting him on the team. I think a lot of us thought Vermeil was a little over the top in his assessment. Not any more. In all respect to Coach, LJ is gone after this season. The Chiefs drafted Charles as an insurance plan for this very scenario. Add in Smith, and the Chiefs can look into a low draft pick or an undrafted 3rd RB. Charles is the real deal. But he too needs a half decent line to run behind. Priest Holmes in his prime couldn't run behind this pathetic O line.

Well here's where you and I are gonna' jive quite nicely.
I grew up in the Switzer-era of OU Football. In Oklahoma. You and I both know that football starts at birth in Texas and Oklahoma; there truly is NOTHING ELSE.
And WE know, that even the most underachieving of teams from those places and mindsets can walk in to almost any big city and blow some doors off.
Why? Cause' it's a whole different level in those parts of the Country; the dominance of the South in the 12 bears this out more often than not.

My point, as it relates to Charles, is this; the kid can adapt.

The kid comes from a place where "jammin' it up the middle" is but one of two-dozen plus possibilities. And this goes back to my b*tch-fit regarding Gailey; SHAKE IT UP OLD MAN.
Why? Because Charles can handle it. You give this guy the unorthodox path, you make the line less of a crutch?
RESULTS.
Craftiness, subterfuge, and misdirection; Charles can play that game. Can Chan create it?
I hope, and we'll see.

hermhater
10-30-2008, 03:01 AM
Is this still about LJ's meeting with Goodell?

What is the status of this?

3 or 4 game suspension?

Sn@keIze
10-30-2008, 03:04 AM
Is this still about LJ's meeting with Goodell?

What is the status of this?

3 or 4 game suspension?
Goodell hasnt decided yet. Adam Schefter on NFL network says it looks like it will be some time tho. At least 4 games the way he was talking.

Darth CarlSatan
10-30-2008, 03:13 AM
ADDENDUM:

I've said and campaigned, since the end of last season, that I want to see the Chiefs return to a two-back set.

I analyzed the HELL out of that first preseason game against Chicago, and I mean PLAY BY PLAY.

Towards the end, the Bears lined up two backs. We were stacking 3 behind the line.
The snap came off, and even in a simple straight up the line run, the misdirection of the fake created enough hesitation on the part of our 3 LB's to allow Chicago to pick up 5 when they should have gotten stuffed.

Mike Cox, in my eyes, has MORE than proven his worth to our team.
LJ is out. For now.
Let's shore up that weakness on the line with a fullback who can help clear the road, and let's put Mr. Charles to work.

hermhater
10-30-2008, 03:23 AM
Was that a response to me?

Darth CarlSatan
10-30-2008, 03:27 AM
Was that a response to me?

About Carl and LJ? yes.

hermhater
10-30-2008, 03:37 AM
So when is he coming back, or leaving then?

Drunker Hillbilly
10-30-2008, 09:46 AM
Damn; and I thought my "man-crush" on Flowers was over the top...:D
I see facts leave little to you for rebuttle.

Drunker Hillbilly
10-30-2008, 09:49 AM
I too watched him play every game at Texas. College isn't the pro's we've seen this time and time again. He will never be anything but a part timer. He isn't even getting the load over Kolby Smith. What does that say?

Darth CarlSatan
10-30-2008, 10:48 AM
So when is he coming back, or leaving then?

As soon as old "Hooves and Horns" can manipulate his wunderkind back on to the roster I suppose.

Darth CarlSatan
10-30-2008, 11:01 AM
I see facts leave little to you for rebuttle.

Rebuttle Shuttle says:

Being "on" one time this season against an inferior defense does NOT scream "Oh God we must do everything WE CAN TO KEEP LJ"!!!!

"IT'S THE APOCALYPSE! THE SKY IS FALLING! OH DEAR GOD, WHY DID WE GET RID OF LJ, OH WHYYYYY"!!!!

:11::D

Darth CarlSatan
10-30-2008, 11:04 AM

Well I'll tell ya' who can have him; Minnesota. There is however a price to be paid...:D

Drunker Hillbilly
10-30-2008, 11:11 AM
Rebuttle Shuttle says:

Being "on" one time this season against an inferior defense does NOT scream "Oh God we must do everything WE CAN TO KEEP LJ"!!!!

"IT'S THE APOCALYPSE! THE SKY IS FALLING! OH DEAR GOD, WHY DID WE GET RID OF LJ, OH WHYYYYY"!!!!

:11::D
You mock yet still have failed to refute the facts that he is a top RB.

jmlamerson
10-30-2008, 11:13 AM
Well I'll tell ya' who can have him; Minnesota. There is however a price to be paid...:D

I do see your points, but if the Chiefs cut LJ (1) we eat his cap hit; (2) we get nothing in return; and (3) he'll sign elsewhere, maybe in division.

We get the advantage of getting him off the team.

The question is whether that advantage outweighs the disadvantages.

I can't see how it does. Imagine that LJ goes to the Broncos and tears it up for 2,000 yards (400 against the Chiefs) next season, and says that no one could have run with the Chiefs OL and QBs. All the Chiefs have $9M (I think) in dead cap space from his cap hit.

This is a bad situation. I say, wait it out for this year and maybe next. In 2010, his cap hit will be much less, and the chance of him signing as a premier back will be much less.

Darth CarlSatan
10-30-2008, 12:22 PM
You mock yet still have failed to refute the facts that he is a top RB.

My point here is that he WAS a top RB. Past tense.

Drunker Hillbilly
10-30-2008, 12:34 PM
My point here is that he WAS a top RB. Past tense.
OK. However IMO, just because he has had a few off field problems doesn't mean his football talent has taken a hit. There is nobody in the league that would be succesfull behind this line! Period! A game here or there maybe but would not have a successfull year by normal standards. I'm sure you and many others weren't saying any of this when he played in 8 games and had better numbers than ant RB in the league when Priest went down. I don't have any ties or love affair with LJ I just think that if the O line is improved, all of these issue's on and off the field would be non existant! Frustration is a mean *****! It affects your entire life when things aren't going well at work!

Darth CarlSatan
10-30-2008, 12:54 PM
OK. However IMO, just because he has had a few off field problems doesn't mean his football talent has taken a hit. There is nobody in the league that would be succesfull behind this line! Period! A game here or there maybe but would not have a successfull year by normal standards. I'm sure you and many others weren't saying any of this when he played in 8 games and had better numbers than ant RB in the league when Priest went down. I don't have any ties or love affair with LJ I just think that if the O line is improved, all of these issue's on and off the field would be non existant! Frustration is a mean *****! It affects your entire life when things aren't going well at work!

I understand what you're saying. But by that yardstick, TG should be the biggest thug in the NFL.
What "character" LJ possesses is weak. That's all there is to it, because this scenario he finds himself in is hardly the first time.
It's not the job making his game and/or life "bad"; it's the man who has been tested and has come up short.
I find it very fitting and ironic that his mouthpiece looks like a pacifier.

Drunker Hillbilly
10-30-2008, 01:23 PM
I understand what you're saying. But by that yardstick, TG should be the biggest thug in the NFL.
What "character" LJ possesses is weak. That's all there is to it, because this scenario he finds himself in is hardly the first time.
It's not the job making his game and/or life "bad"; it's the man who has been tested and has come up short.
I find it very fitting and ironic that his mouthpiece looks like a pacifier.
Are we babysitting or trying to win football games here? I'm not following your TG analogy but the bottom line is winning football games and if your best players are happy, the team is better! We have two of the best players at their positions and both ar unhappy because of what management has failed to do, bring in surrounding talent to help them! Do you not agree that the MOST PRESSING issue on our team is the O Line? It helps TG, it helps LJ and it also helps the QB. Yes, our D needs some work to but I think DV proved that if you can score more points than you opponents, you will win most of your games.

Sn@keIze
10-30-2008, 01:32 PM
Are we babysitting or trying to win football games here? .
Thank you.:bananen_smilies046:

Darth CarlSatan
10-30-2008, 02:23 PM
Are we babysitting or trying to win football games here? I'm not following your TG analogy but the bottom line is winning football games and if your best players are happy, the team is better! We have two of the best players at their positions and both ar unhappy because of what management has failed to do, bring in surrounding talent to help them! Do you not agree that the MOST PRESSING issue on our team is the O Line? It helps TG, it helps LJ and it also helps the QB. Yes, our D needs some work to but I think DV proved that if you can score more points than you opponents, you will win most of your games.

Unless CARLSATAN can work his black magic, then I would say that we ARE in fact done babysitting!
God Willing...

The most depressing aspect of this team for me resides on the sidelines and wears a motorola headset.

Yes Mertle; winning teams are confident teams. I'm expecting to hear those particular words of wisdom from 'Coach W' at least once before the season is out, because as we all know;
No one on Gods Green Earth can state the obvious like Herman Edwards.

Okay, it's Official; I am 100% On-Board.

When we go to New York for the Draft, and begin signing free agents, I WANT NOTHING BUT LINEMEN.

Linemen all...f*cking...day...long!

Beg, borrow, lie, cheat, steal, and kill to get them if necessary.

Sweet God In Heaven; BRING ME TEN PRO-BOWLERS, AND DO IT YESTERDAY!!!

Because FOR THE LOVE OF GOD how I look forward to the day I can talk/critique Chiefs Football and not have to factor in or mention the MOTHERF*CKING LINES!!!!! MAKE IT HAPPEN CARLHERM:AAAAAARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:prison::AA::sign0080::sign0012:

m0ef0e
10-30-2008, 04:58 PM
It's been reported that the Chiefs are going after LJ for 5 mil or something like that.

No suspensions or anything yet that I've heard of.

Drunker Hillbilly
10-30-2008, 08:55 PM
It's been reported that the Chiefs are going after LJ for 5 mil or something like that.

As in fining him $5 million? That's crazy talk.

Darth CarlSatan
10-30-2008, 09:18 PM
As in fining him $5 million? That's crazy talk.

Nope.

5 million fully recoverable dollars as spelled out by his contract; yes Virginia, there ARE existing clauses.

And how do I know it's true? Because for the first time in my long listener ship, I heard The Keitz PRAISING Peckersatan for goin' after it.

Three7s
10-30-2008, 11:00 PM
Nope.

5 million fully recoverable dollars as spelled out by his contract; yes Virginia, there ARE existing clauses.

And how do I know it's true? Because for the first time in my long listener ship, I heard The Keitz PRAISING Peckersatan for goin' after it.
Yep, I think the last time I heard Keitz say anything positive about CP was around 15 years ago. I think we got Montana and won a couple playoff games!

Darth CarlSatan
10-30-2008, 11:21 PM
Yep, I think the last time I heard Keitz say anything positive about CP was around 15 years ago. I think we got Montana and won a couple playoff games!

A ton of fans don't like him because he's "too negative", but I've found myself at odds with him a few times for being "too glossy" on certain issues.
He defended the play calling at the end of the Jets game; who the hell's gonna' do that?
And he accused Tony of not being a team player; something I vehemently disagree with.

He just calls Carl and Herm's bullsh*t which also happens to be a lot of OTHER peoples bulls*it.

jap1
10-31-2008, 09:21 AM

Does anybody have a news source for this? I havent been able to find any information on this topic on the web.

Sn@keIze
10-31-2008, 10:05 AM
Does anybody have a news source for this? I havent been able to find any information on this topic on the web.
got nothing:welcome:

Coach
11-01-2008, 01:16 AM
I didn't realize that he played pro ball in Texas..... Charles is too small to be an every down back. Trust me, I've met him(See attached file). This team obviously thinks so as well since he is playing a third down back role behind Kolby Smith. I think the kid is great, but I just don't see him being a full-time replacement for Larry Johnson

College is a different game and if you need proof, look at this list of past Heisman winners and think about how they fared in the NFL.
http://www.nationalchamps.net/NCAA/heisman/heisman_trophy_winners.htm

hermhater
11-01-2008, 01:32 AM
I'm still baffled on why we aren't using Charles for kick returns.

Chiefster
11-01-2008, 01:38 AM
A ton of fans don't like him because he's "too negative", but I've found myself at odds with him a few times for being "too glossy" on certain issues.
He defended the play calling at the end of the Jets game; who the hell's gonna' do that?
And he accused Tony of not being a team player; something I vehemently disagree with.

He just calls Carl and Herm's bullsh*t which also happens to be a lot of OTHER peoples bulls*it.

I don't like Herm as a head coach because he's an NFL head coaching idiot.

Darth CarlSatan
11-01-2008, 01:45 AM
I didn't realize that he played pro ball in Texas..... Charles is too small to be an every down back. Trust me, I've met him(See attached file). This team obviously thinks so as well since he is playing a third down back role behind Kolby Smith. I think the kid is great, but I just don't see him being a full-time replacement for Larry Johnson

College is a different game and if you need proof, look at this list of past Heisman winners and think about how they fared in the NFL.
http://www.nationalchamps.net/NCAA/heisman/heisman_trophy_winners.htm

Dude; how tall are you?!

I'm 6'1", but I'm not steppin' in for Bowe or Flowers any time soon! I had this talk with my printer the other day. He's like "I'm 5'9", 220; I can play"! Then he wisely said "And then you see these guys up-close"...
And I finished the thought for him:
..."Yeah; 5'9", 220 all muscle and bone is hell of a lot different than 5'9", 220 on the "fluffy" side"!

I vote for the two-back set. At this point, lining up one back behind this line is futile. And if it's obvious to the defense that you're not gonna' pass the ball, you might as well hold up a sign that says; "Hey everybody, get ready to follow this ONE running back, and stuff his a** behind the line of scrimmage"!
Get Cox in there, and get him involved! Get CREATIVE!
LJ was a great power back under ideal conditions; those conditions are no longer there. I believe the reason we've kept this One Back Fiasco even though we don't have a line, is because we've placed a premium on the Tight End position. Most other clubs don't. And when the time comes that TG leaves or retires, I can pretty much guarantee you that old gameplan WON'T be part of the picture anymore.

I don't want to exclude one of our best players from the game plan, of course, but at the same time we need to get ready for the future.

Darth CarlSatan
11-01-2008, 01:59 AM

I thought that's where he'd end up too...

But, I'm not as smart as 'Coach W', so whaddaya' gonna' do?

Darth CarlSatan
11-01-2008, 02:49 AM
I do see your points, but if the Chiefs cut LJ (1) we eat his cap hit; (2) we get nothing in return; and (3) he'll sign elsewhere, maybe in division.

We get the advantage of getting him off the team.

The question is whether that advantage outweighs the disadvantages.

I can't see how it does. Imagine that LJ goes to the Broncos and tears it up for 2,000 yards (400 against the Chiefs) next season, and says that no one could have run with the Chiefs OL and QBs. All the Chiefs have $9M (I think) in dead cap space from his cap hit.

This is a bad situation. I say, wait it out for this year and maybe next. In 2010, his cap hit will be much less, and the chance of him signing as a premier back will be much less.

In terms of straight-up strategy, you're right. To be perfectly honest, I don't expect a God D*mned Thing out of this team until 2010 anyway. I knew this at the end of 2007, and I'll know it at the end of this season as well.
The problem, or potential problem, is that we're taking a HUGE risk keeping this guy around if he chooses to go on the defensive instead accepting accountability for his actions. The thought of a guy like Flowers( or any of the other rookies or sophomores )looking up to a guy like LJ scares the sh*t out of me. And I'm NOT talking about looking up to him in terms of personal game, or past accomplishments.
When I see Bowe doing the "Diamond Cutter" right along side LJ after a touchdown, it makes my skin crawl.
Bottom line is that this guy is going to have to be brought low in a BIG WAY before he will either grow up or burn out. I don't want to see all of this other future and young talent start heading down HIS road like a bunch of kids following the ice cream truck.

Sn@keIze
11-01-2008, 04:02 AM
Speed is nothing if you dont have agility and vision.