PDA

View Full Version : Time to run the ball this sunday.

ASDF
10-31-2008, 02:02 PM
I know that our beloved Chiefs have not been doing well running the ball lately except against a bad run D in the Broncos.

Right now the Bucs are excepting us to throw the ball as it proved very effective against the Jets last Sunday.

I think we should run the ball more than passing and keep them guessing, but we need to shock them with a solid run at the start of the game.

P.S:

Herm after 20 years,

It's +18ish

http://img134.imageshack.us/my.php?image=8320helicopter20nativebd3.jpg

jmlamerson
10-31-2008, 02:46 PM
I know that our beloved Chiefs have not been doing well running the ball lately except against a bad run D in the Broncos.

Right now the Bucs are excepting us to throw the ball as it proved very effective against the Jets last Sunday.

I think we should run the ball more than passing and keep them guessing, but we need to shock them with a solid run at the start of the game.

P.S:

Herm after 20 years,

It's +18ish

Run it with whom? Charles is gimpy and LJ is suspended.

Kolby Smith isn't going to strike a lot of fear into the Bucs D.

The best hope for the Chiefs this week is to come out in the spread and do what they did last week. Going to a more traditional Herm offense is NOT the answer.

windwalker
10-31-2008, 04:59 PM

P.S:

Herm after 20 years,

It's +18ish

What does excepting us to throw the ball mean????:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Hayvern
10-31-2008, 11:28 PM
Run it with whom? Charles is gimpy and LJ is suspended.

Kolby Smith isn't going to strike a lot of fear into the Bucs D.

The best hope for the Chiefs this week is to come out in the spread and do what they did last week. Going to a more traditional Herm offense is NOT the answer.

Agreed and rep added. This last thing we need to do on sunday is come out and run the ball. We have been trying to do that all season with NO success. Johnson had one good game, other than that he has not been an issue and no one else has stepped up.

Sorry guys, the running game has no chance against Tampa Bay, especially considering the Bucs offensive line.

Chiefster
11-01-2008, 01:15 AM

P.S:

Herm after 20 years,

It's +18ish

Remember that we are speaking of Herm Edwards here.

Hayvern
11-01-2008, 02:01 PM
Remember that we are speaking of Herm Edwards here.

And as such, we know that we will do a great many three and out possessions with running plays as being the only plays called.

PawnshopMarimba
11-01-2008, 03:00 PM
If they're going to run, they're going to have to set it up with the pass first, unfortunately. We have to figure out a way to get Jamal Charles to the outside of the field. I'm almost tempted to suggest an option play with him and Thigpen, but I know better than that.

So, I dunno. Swing passes? Misdirection? A few FB handoffs to set up a fake/pitch to Charles? I'm running out of ideas on how to get this running game kick-started...

jmlamerson
11-01-2008, 03:16 PM
If they're going to run, they're going to have to set it up with the pass first, unfortunately. We have to figure out a way to get Jamal Charles to the outside of the field. I'm almost tempted to suggest an option play with him and Thigpen, but I know better than that.

So, I dunno. Swing passes? Misdirection? A few FB handoffs to set up a fake/pitch to Charles? I'm running out of ideas on how to get this running game kick-started...

The only way to get the run game started is to get decent linemen and a decent OL coach.

I give credit to LJ, Charles, and Kolby for getting as many yards as they have gotten with this line. Niswanger isn't a terrible center, but he's in the bottom third in run blocking. Jones and McIntosh may be the worst starting RG and RT in the NFL. Albert is gimpy and trying to adjust to LT.

The Chiefs should abandon the run altogether and move to a Texas Tech sort of spread offense. With this personnel, what else would you suggest?

chief31
11-01-2008, 08:16 PM

P.S:

Herm after 20 years,

It's +18ish

I don't think that one game, against The Jets, is going to convince The Bucs, or anyone else, that we are going to be a passing team.

Herm has 8 seasons of history to look at, with very little variety. I don't think that this one game would be something to structure your defense around.

hardcorechiefsfan
11-02-2008, 01:23 AM

With our running boys out, of course we are going to be passing the ball more against TB. With they chiefs always being a running team, I kept praying to God for the chiefs to surprise the other team and pass alot; it never happened.

What is TB's defense like? I've always known TB to be even lower than the chiefs as a football team. Are they worse this season?