PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Game

tornadospotter
11-02-2008, 12:46 PM
http://www.justin.tv/majapapa

If you need a on-line feed try this.

IlovetheChiefs
11-02-2008, 01:11 PM
Thanks tornado. What an opening drive! Thigpen Kolby TG!

Three7s
11-02-2008, 01:12 PM
Looks like Thigpen is picking up where he left off!

IlovetheChiefs
11-02-2008, 01:13 PM
And it's a touchdown KANSASSSSSCITYYYYYYYY!!!

YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CHIEFS ARE GOING TO KILL THESE BUCS!!!!!!!!

Sn@keIze
11-02-2008, 01:13 PM
The chiefs scored on their opening drive? Am I seeing things? Nice job Thiggy.:sign0098:

IlovetheChiefs
11-02-2008, 01:21 PM
FUMBLE! And continuing to move the ball just as well as the first drive! Woohoo!! 14-0 comin' up!

Sn@keIze
11-02-2008, 01:25 PM
Back to back TDs against the 5th ranked D? Someone pinch me!!!!!

IlovetheChiefs
11-02-2008, 01:27 PM
Back to back TDs against the 5th ranked D? Someone pinch me!!!!!

And the first rushing td allowed by TB this year! HA!

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

We are firing on all cylanders!!!!! Wow what a game this would be to be at Arrowhead right now! And nice weather too!

IlovetheChiefs
11-02-2008, 01:41 PM
SO glad we held em to three! Now we'll see if we go 3-3 on our drives for scoring!

IlovetheChiefs
11-02-2008, 01:47 PM
Cool, Jamaal Charles gets his first carry and gets 6 yards. This is all the more exciting considering we have all these yards against one of the better defenses in the NFL!
We've already scored more than the Cowgirls could at home against TB last week. :)

Edit: And yet another great run by Charles! He's gonna be a star rb for us!

PawnshopMarimba
11-02-2008, 01:50 PM
You gotta be happy for Thigpen. After his miserable performances earlier this year it's nice to see an underdog player rebound like that.

WHAT a play! Who saw that direct-snap, end around WR option to the QUARTERBACK coming? What the hell is going on with this team?? I love it!

chief31
11-02-2008, 01:52 PM
What the hell is going on?

IlovetheChiefs
11-02-2008, 01:53 PM
You gotta be happy for Thigpen. After his miserable performances earlier this year it's nice to see an underdog player rebound like that.

WHAT a play! Who saw that direct-snap, end around WR option to the QUARTERBACK coming? What the hell is going on with this team?? I love it!

I love it too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thigpen CATCHES a TD pass woohoooo!!!!!!! CHIEFS! We are the champions! Gonna beat Denver again and take over the AFC WEST!!!!!!!

21-3!!!!!! Again I say it's 21-3!!!!!!!!!!!
:yahoo: :D :yahoo: :D :sign0098:

PawnshopMarimba
11-02-2008, 01:55 PM
Amazing what a little testicular fortitude in the play-calling will do for ya, eh?

jmlamerson
11-02-2008, 01:56 PM
What the hell is going on?

My theory is that Herm Edwards has been killed (YAY!) and has been replaced by someone who wants to win games.

I don't think the Bucs were prepared for us to actually try to score points.

Thigpen is putting on the greatest performance by a Chiefs QB in twenty years out there. He is single handedly elevating this team. I am deeply, deeply impressed by him.

IlovetheChiefs
11-02-2008, 01:57 PM
Canada had talked about wanting this to be the second game get together. What a time we would be having at Arrowhead right now eh? WOW!!!!!!

PawnshopMarimba
11-02-2008, 01:59 PM
My theory is that Herm Edwards has been killed (YAY!) and has been replaced by someone who wants to win games.

Thigpen is putting on the greatest performance by a Chiefs QB in twenty years out there. He is single handedly elevating this team. I am deeply, deeply impressed by him.

Me too. He looks at home out there.

Additionally: Ronde Barber was PISSED! I'd feel a little sting too if I just got burned by a QB. HA!

Nice pick!!

chief31
11-02-2008, 01:59 PM
I am not believing this. Is it Sunday?

PawnshopMarimba
11-02-2008, 02:02 PM
I am not believing this. Is it Sunday?

I think we all may be dead and in Heaven...

IlovetheChiefs
11-02-2008, 02:03 PM
Heaven until Kolby's knee injury right now. :(

jmlamerson
11-02-2008, 02:05 PM
Heaven until Kolby's knee injury right now. :(

If Herm Edwards decides that we've scored enough and has us run, run, run for th rest of the game, I will break his kneecaps.

PawnshopMarimba
11-02-2008, 02:05 PM
Yeah, that looks like it was pretty serious. Hopefully just a sprain and not torn ligament(s).

IlovetheChiefs
11-02-2008, 02:07 PM
Yeah, that looks like it was pretty serious. Hopefully just a sprain and not torn ligament(s).

Yes and hopefully Tyler's okay too, as it loks like he is. Whew, we sure don't need more injuries.

jmlamerson
11-02-2008, 02:10 PM
Maybe it's time to get Thigpen back under center, instead of Bradley.

PawnshopMarimba
11-02-2008, 02:11 PM
I'd agree to that... the gadget plays have served their purpose.

Update on Kolby, just a twisted knee. Whew.

IlovetheChiefs
11-02-2008, 02:12 PM
Well we had to punt but hey... that was the first punt of the game and it's late in the 2nd qtr! When we punt 7 times we lose. When we punt 3 times we win, heh. GO CHIEFS DEFENSE now!

PawnshopMarimba
11-02-2008, 02:13 PM
Yeah, you can't score every drive.... unless you're Indianapolis at Arrowhead in the playoffs....

edit: Another bomb! Thigpen to Bradley! Do we have a new Peyton/Harrison?? :-)

IlovetheChiefs
11-02-2008, 02:13 PM
I'd agree to that... the gadget plays have served their purpose.

Update on Kolby, just a twisted knee. Whew.

Whew! They'll probably keep him out the rest of this game though regardless right? Esp. with our lead it'd be foolish using him more today.

PawnshopMarimba
11-02-2008, 02:15 PM
Oh yeah, keep him out. I believe they said his return was probable though, should we need him.

IlovetheChiefs
11-02-2008, 02:16 PM
TYLER 56 yards to BRADLEY!!! Mark Bradley is also becoming a stud for us!!!!!!! CHIEFS 28-3 comin' up! that would put this one away!

IlovetheChiefs
11-02-2008, 02:17 PM
Darn go tsome company at the door. Gotta go for now. Been a great first half!

PawnshopMarimba
11-02-2008, 02:19 PM
Looks like we might have a consistent place kicker, too. Nice job, Connor.

Ugh... the REST of our special teams continues to reek, however. Make that tackle McGraw!!!

jmlamerson
11-02-2008, 02:37 PM
If the Chiefs lose this game, Herm Edwards needs to fired now. Not tomorrow, not after breakfast - NOW!

PawnshopMarimba
11-02-2008, 02:37 PM
yeah, I'm really getting nervous....

okikcfan
11-02-2008, 02:39 PM
OK all, I'm blacked out here in Okiville, hows Thiggie look?:mob: :drunkhb:

jtandcrew
11-02-2008, 02:41 PM
OK all, I'm blacked out here in Okiville, hows Thiggie look?:mob: :drunkhb:

Hes looking actually very good. Hes only made 1 maybe 2 bad decisions but no picks since the recievers made sure no one caught the ball. Im becoming mor and more impressed with him. Hes making me lose sleep before i go to work tonight and work till 6 am tomorrow! lol

hardcorechiefsfan
11-02-2008, 02:41 PM
I think he is doing real good.

slc chief
11-02-2008, 02:52 PM
If the Chiefs lose this game, Herm Edwards needs to fired now. Not tomorrow, not after breakfast - NOW!
curious if you still think we dont have any young talent on this team. you are right though if they lose this game it is going to be bad i do not think they will

hardcorechiefsfan
11-02-2008, 03:12 PM
curious if you still think we dont have any young talent on this team. you are right though if they lose this game it is going to be bad i do not think they will
I believe that it is a big 'might lose' because the chiefs are never strong in second half and you saw the TD that TB got. I do hope that the chiefs win but the only consistancy that they've shown is losing and a weak 2nd half.

chief31
11-02-2008, 03:13 PM
http://www.justin.tv/widgets/jtv_live.r66c8ff037b1757d0ec5f709e3a2cbb22230c912c .swf?channel=albania_3

jmlamerson
11-02-2008, 03:32 PM

Look at the players doing well today. Were any of them drafted by Herm? Thigpen, Savage, Thomas, and Bradley came off waivers. Tony G. and DJ predated him. Charles, Carr, and Flowers are doing well, but I never said Charles wasn't a good 3rd down back or that Carr and Flowers weren't great picks.

My argument has always been that Herm's drafts were extremely overrated. And that we need massive help on our lines - which we still do.

With the exceptions of Charles, Carr, and Flowers, I'm seeing nothing to change my opinion today.

P.S. If Herm loses this (and it's now 24-19), he needs to be fired.

PawnshopMarimba
Good lord.. we're going to lose this thing aren't we?

TRB05

Let's not get too crazy.....I seem to remember Montana playing here for awhile...

But if you're going to say twenty years, you might as well say 30.

PawnshopMarimba
11-02-2008, 03:41 PM
Thigpen got insanely lucky on that illegal contact call. Calm DOWN, kid.

slc chief
11-02-2008, 03:50 PM
Look at the players doing well today. Were any of them drafted by Herm? Thigpen, Savage, Thomas, and Bradley came off waivers. Tony G. and DJ predated him. Charles, Carr, and Flowers are doing well, but I never said Charles wasn't a good 3rd down back or that Carr and Flowers weren't great picks.

My argument has always been that Herm's drafts were extremely overrated. And that we need massive help on our lines - which we still do.

With the exceptions of Charles, Carr, and Flowers, I'm seeing nothing to change my opinion today.

P.S. If Herm loses this (and it's now 24-19), he needs to be fired.

i am almost starting to think you want them to lose and i think you forgot d-bowe and branden albert and by all means i am not backing herm but he was the one that brought thigpen in from the waiver wire

jmlamerson
11-02-2008, 04:04 PM
i am almost starting to think you want them to lose and i think you forgot d-bowe and branden albert and by all means i am not backing herm but he was the one that brought thigpen in from the waiver wire

Bowe was drafted over Herm's objections. Albert is having a good game - I did forget qbout him.

I want them to win, obviously.

P.S. That was the worst offensive pass interference call i've ever seen. BULL****!!!!!!!!!

kcvet
11-02-2008, 04:14 PM
incredible !!!! they lose with 19 secs left...........

PawnshopMarimba
11-02-2008, 04:14 PM
Ugh... this is absolutely maddening. I can't believe this.

Tampa wins the toss. Game over.

jmlamerson
11-02-2008, 04:16 PM
If every atom of my body were laid end on end with the word "Hate" on it, that would not equal one billionth of the hatred I have for Herm Edwards right now.

kcvet
11-02-2008, 04:17 PM
for the 2nd week they just need 1 lousy 1st dn to win and can't do it !!!!!! TG got it but pushed off.

PawnshopMarimba
11-02-2008, 04:24 PM
Absolutely pathetic. I'm struggling to remain a fan at this moment.

That being said, I HATE HATE HATE Sudden Death Overtime rules.

Wow. How often does a FALSE START FROM THE OPPOSING TEAM cost you a game? Unreal. I'm at a loss for words.

tornadospotter
11-02-2008, 04:33 PM
Well I hope this is the last time herm fkwards coaches in KC.

slc chief
11-02-2008, 04:36 PM
Bowe was drafted over Herm's objections. Albert is having a good game - I did forget qbout him.

I want them to win, obviously.

P.S. That was the worst offensive pass interference call i've ever seen. BULL****!!!!!!!!!

that call was total bull#### i can not believe we lost that game i am disgusted

kcvet
11-02-2008, 04:39 PM
and the Bucs did EVERYTHING they could to give it away. its like Edwards said thanks but no thanks !!!

PawnshopMarimba
11-02-2008, 04:39 PM
Already Herm's making excuses in the press conference, putting the loss on the injuries.

Two straight weeks where we win HUGE in the TO department and still lose. That NEVER happens. You're either poorly coached or TRYING to lose if that crap happens. With Edwards, I'm not sure which it is anymore.

Three7s
11-02-2008, 04:52 PM
Already Herm's making excuses in the press conference, putting the loss on the injuries.

Two straight weeks where we win HUGE in the TO department and still lose. That NEVER happens. You're either poorly coached or TRYING to lose if that crap happens. With Edwards, I'm not sure which it is anymore.
I can think of a lot of things to blame that aren't injuries. How about 3 points in the 2nd half? PATHETIC! You can't go conservative against ANY team, but somehow, Herm just never learns.

tornadospotter
11-02-2008, 05:46 PM
Well for some kinda good news, the fish are beating the donks, so far.

Darth CarlSatan
11-02-2008, 06:03 PM
BUMP!!!

I dub this thread "How to experience the roller coaster in 5 minutes".

Good lord; I'm GLAD I overslept.

At least Thiggy Pop( yep; I'm getting behind it )continues his personal growth.
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/