PDA

View Full Version : Beer

drstandley31
11-02-2008, 10:06 PM
We can only beat up Herm and CP for so long, then it just gets a little boring. I saw a rant :0) by Canada which included an "American Beer is Pi$$" reference. Which, if we're talking about the mass produced beers is exactly accurate. Luckily, we have better choices now. Goose Island, a new one I found called Racer 5. Michigan Bell's has some great choices. Let's chat a bit about our second (maybe first) past time.... Beer. What do you guys like? Any home brewers out there? I like IPA's and brew my own. I do like Labbatts (sorry about the spelling Canada), but the import suks. It's better when you get it north of the line. F Herm, let's drink together as frustrated fans and know that it will be better! :bananen_smilies046: Thoughts?

Canada
11-02-2008, 10:21 PM
We can only beat up Herm and CP for so long, then it just gets a little boring. I saw a rant :0) by Canada which included an "American Beer is Pi$$" reference. Which, if we're talking about the mass produced beers is exactly accurate. Luckily, we have better choices now. Goose Island, a new one I found called Racer 5. Michigan Bell's has some great choices. Let's chat a bit about our second (maybe first) past time.... Beer. What do you guys like? Any home brewers out there? I like IPA's and brew my own. I do like Labbatts (sorry about the spelling Canada), but the import suks. It's better when you get it north of the line. F Herm, let's drink together as frustrated fans and know that it will be better! :bananen_smilies046: Thoughts?

I like beer!! :bananen_smilies046: I agree with you about the mass production beer. It is the same here with Molson Canadian and Labatts Blue. I like Bud brewed in Canada as well as Moosehead and Alexander Keiths. I am also beg fan of MGD when I am in the US. :bananen_smilies046: But at the end of the day, if it's cold, wet and tastes like beer...:drunkhb:

Canada
11-02-2008, 10:22 PM
...oh and F@$k Herm and CP :bananen_smilies046:

Hayvern
11-02-2008, 11:49 PM

Hey, I am from the states and I do not liek the mass produced piss water that is brewed here. When I was in KC with teh Crowd for home opener and everyone was drinking Budweiser, I realized just how much I hate that beer.

There is some good stuff out there though, and it all depends on just how hard you like your beer. I personally love most of the stuff Stone Brew brings out, as well as Sierra Nevada and Samuel Adams. I can drink some MGD too, but the rest of it... leave it on the shelf.

Canada, have you ever tried to brew your own, or is that even legal in Canada?

Darth CarlSatan
11-03-2008, 04:21 AM
Hey, I am from the states and I do not liek the mass produced piss water that is brewed here. When I was in KC with teh Crowd for home opener and everyone was drinking Budweiser, I realized just how much I hate that beer.

There is some good stuff out there though, and it all depends on just how hard you like your beer. I personally love most of the stuff Stone Brew brings out, as well as Sierra Nevada and Samuel Adams. I can drink some MGD too, but the rest of it... leave it on the shelf.

Question:
Can micro-brew Belgian EVER have too much sweet, cloudy, thick and swirly yeast settled at the bottom, and just waiting for agitation?
Answer:
No. Not in a 1,000 Pharaohs lifetimes.

Rouge Mo' Ale, and Blue Moon; Goooooood Drinkin'.
And Free State Ironman Stout; Liquid Valium.

jtandcrew
11-03-2008, 08:06 AM
:toast2: :drunkhb: TBH, I drink Bud, although when I ant a nice import I drink Warstiener. They make it in a dark and a light. I reccomend the dark. Although I dont normally drink the imports since they are usually 7-10$ a 6 pack. Yes, im cheap! :lol: :drunkhb: :yahoo:

Bike
11-03-2008, 08:10 AM
Beer is awesome. Blvd Pale Ale, Moosehead, Bud my faves. I gotta tap a kidney...

Canada
11-03-2008, 09:32 AM

We do but I am lazy. I don't brew my own beer or grow my own weed. Too much work!! :D

Bike
11-03-2008, 09:46 AM
Beer.

TRB05
11-03-2008, 10:40 AM
If you like IPA's, try O'fallon's 5-day IPA. It's a small brewery over near St. Louis but they are stocked around the midwest. Their biggest seller is their Smoked Porter, which is really thick creamy and tastes like canadian bacon. Sounds weird but it's really good.

drstandley31
11-03-2008, 11:39 PM
If you like IPA's, try O'fallon's 5-day IPA. It's a small brewery over near St. Louis but they are stocked around the midwest. Their biggest seller is their Smoked Porter, which is really thick creamy and tastes like canadian bacon. Sounds weird but it's really good.
I'll look for that. never heard of it, but it may not be sold in Ohio. But I have some contacts and am always looking for a new brew.

tornadospotter
11-06-2008, 03:06 AM
I like beer! :bananen_smilies046: :bananen_smilies046: :drunkhb:

Darth CarlSatan
11-06-2008, 10:02 AM
I like beer! :bananen_smilies046: :bananen_smilies046: :drunkhb:

1234:

I like beer, beer tastes good!
I like beer, beer tastes....good!

TRB05
11-08-2008, 09:46 PM
I'll look for that. never heard of it, but it may not be sold in Ohio. But I have some contacts and am always looking for a new brew.

They actually list where their beer is sold on their website, but it usually only lists distributors, not actual stores.

Looking at it, they are distributed by a company out of Kalamazoo, MI and another out of McKee's Rocks PA. Those look like the closest to you.

Unrelated but I have been craving some Sam Adams' Cream Stout the last couple of days. mmmmmmmmmm

Canada
11-08-2008, 10:49 PM
1234:

I like beer, beer tastes good!
I like beer, beer tastes....good!

YouTube - Psychostick - BEER!

TRB05
11-08-2008, 11:01 PM
Hahaha, that's exactly what I thought of when I read that post.