PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone else find it odd?

jtandcrew
11-03-2008, 08:36 AM
:bananen_smilies046: Everytime that they showed Thispen on the bench Huard was sitting right there talking to him. If Croyle is supposed to be the #1 QB where the hell is he? Huard is proving that he is a true team player and even on IR is helping when he can. In my opinion Huard is a class act and Croyle is proving he is just not apart of the team.:bananen_smilies046:

Bike
11-03-2008, 08:58 AM
We really don't want Croyle giving Thig advise. After all, he has never won an nfl game!! Huard is definetely a class act and happy to have him next to Thig..

gcsofa
11-03-2008, 09:24 AM
Didn't Croyle just have surgery on his knee? That could be a very good reason why he is no where to be found.

Bike
11-03-2008, 09:45 AM
Didn't Croyle just have surgery on his knee? That could be a very good reason why he is no where to be found.
Croyle has been here 3 years and hasn't won a game. He knows he's done. Another fantastic pick by the King.

TRB05
11-03-2008, 10:45 AM
Croyle was in Alabama getting his knee worked on by Dr. Andrews late last week, so he's probably recovering from surgery. Has Tom Brady been on the sidelines of any Pats' games?

Seek
11-03-2008, 01:19 PM
Without throwing Croyle under the bus, you generally don't see players on IR with the team unless they are eating Nacho's in a suite.

The fact the Huard has been down there with the team the last two weeks speaks volumes to me, and all Herm has done is piss in Huards Wheeties.

Nel Toille
11-03-2008, 01:56 PM
:bananen_smilies046: Everytime that they showed Thispen on the bench Huard was sitting right there talking to him. If Croyle is supposed to be the #1 QB where the hell is he? Huard is proving that he is a true team player and even on IR is helping when he can. In my opinion Huard is a class act and Croyle is proving he is just not apart of the team.:bananen_smilies046:
Huard learning how to coach. That's what he'll be doing when his career is over. He isn't the most athletic guy in to world but he always had knowledge of the game. Croyle, on the other hand, will be playing in arenas while Huard is coaching in the NFL or NCAA, so this makes sense to me.

chief31
11-06-2008, 04:32 AM

Wow. That's pretty harsh.

This.

Croyle was in Alabama getting his knee worked on by Dr. Andrews late last week, so he's probably recovering from surgery. Has Tom Brady been on the sidelines of any Pats' games?

And this. (Can't believe I'm using a Timsatt1 quote as a positive.)

Croyle is either on crutches, or in a wheelchair, with a long road to recovery. Expecting him to be on the sidelines is not realistic.

hardcorechiefsfan
11-06-2008, 04:49 AM
Without throwing Croyle under the bus, you generally don't see players on IR with the team unless they are eating Nacho's in a suite.

The fact the Huard has been down there with the team the last two weeks speaks volumes to me, and all Herm has done is piss in Huards Wheeties.
Hermie has done alot of peeing in people's wheaties, not just the players.
To this day I am much pickier about the cereal I buy from now on.:lol:

jerhart
11-06-2008, 06:58 AM
What advice does a winless qb have to give other than 'dont lose'?

Guru
11-06-2008, 07:19 AM

That is not only brutal but completely wrong. The guy is recovering from surgery. There is no reason to have him on the sidelines. Where's Tom Brady for the Pats?

jtandcrew
11-06-2008, 07:33 AM
That is not only brutal but completely wrong. The guy is recovering from surgery. There is no reason to have him on the sidelines. Where's Tom Brady for the Pats?

Dont know where Brady is I dont watch alot of Pats games and when I do I dont pay half the attention as I do when watching the Chiefs. As far as Croyle recovering? I hadnt heard he had his surgery yet? Though, where was he before the surgery? I understand that when on IR your not required to attend games but if your getting paid as much money as they do then, IMO, they should be right there whenever possible. No matter if your a starter or a back-up special teams player. I know if I get hurt at work and the dr says I can walk and do light duty then guess where my boss expects me to be? At work! just my opinion though.:bananen_smilies046:

leaves
11-06-2008, 03:37 PM
ha, pissing on his wheaties..please. You see Huard do his fetal-sack mode, he ain't eating wheaties.
Actually though, I didnt just post to diss him, I do respect damon's last two yrs of educating the young'ns we keep grabbing. I'm not gonna hate on Croyle, but good for one perm backup qb to help a younger likely perm backup.

greg3564
11-06-2008, 08:23 PM
Dont know where Brady is I dont watch alot of Pats games and when I do I dont pay half the attention as I do when watching the Chiefs. As far as Croyle recovering? I hadnt heard he had his surgery yet? Though, where was he before the surgery? I understand that when on IR your not required to attend games but if your getting paid as much money as they do then, IMO, they should be right there whenever possible. No matter if your a starter or a back-up special teams player. I know if I get hurt at work and the dr says I can walk and do light duty then guess where my boss expects me to be? At work! just my opinion though.:bananen_smilies046:

When you're at work, is there the very real threat of 250 pound football player running full speed at you at of bounds? I for one, would not want to be on crutches with an immobilized knee and have the potential of getting wiped out and hurt further. It's very rare for any football player on IR to be on the sidelines. I think he's getting undeserved criticism here. Was Priest Holmes on the sideline when he was hurt? Is Tom Brady, now? No.

Darth CarlSatan
11-06-2008, 10:34 PM
Hermie has done alot of peeing in people's wheaties, not just the players.
To this day I am much pickier about the cereal I buy from now on.:lol:

That was RIGHTEOUS! :lol:

Do you know what instantly comes to my minds eye when I hear the term "Players Coach"?

A Big.....Red.....FLAG.:bananen_smilies046:

Chiefster
11-06-2008, 11:20 PM

Nope, I don't find that odd at all. Huard is a quality individual.

chief31
11-07-2008, 09:24 AM

Will he expect you to be there when you can't walk? If so, then I suggest getting to know a bit about your local lawyers.

I know you have taken a bit of a beating in this thread. But you are criticizing a guy who may well be in a wheelchair, for not being on an NFL sideline.

You may want to visit this thread, for your atonement.

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5672&highlight=retraction

:D

jtandcrew
11-08-2008, 01:04 PM
Will he expect you to be there when you can't walk? If so, then I suggest getting to know a bit about your local lawyers.

I know you have taken a bit of a beating in this thread. But you are criticizing a guy who may well be in a wheelchair, for not being on an NFL sideline.

You may want to visit this thread, for your atonement.

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5672&highlight=retraction

:D

If you go back and read my last post in this a little closer I said I didnt hear he had the surgery already for 1. Also, I said if the dr's told me I COULD walk and do light duty then my boss would expect me to be at work. As I said, I didnt hear he already had the surgery. I will still stand behind my thoughts that when he does get back on his feet or atleast crutches I would expect him to be there to support his team. Maybe I didnt express what I was saying clearly for everyone.

okikcfan
11-08-2008, 02:11 PM
Does any one really think BC will be back next year, even as a back up? I dont, he been a waste of time and money. He tried his best, but we have to move on....So to me it doesn't really matter if he's there or not.

Darth CarlSatan
11-08-2008, 04:43 PM
Does any one really think BC will be back next year, even as a back up? I dont, he been a waste of time and money. He tried his best, but we have to move on....So to me it doesn't really matter if he's there or not.

Nope. But if he is, we are clearly morons who deserve every loss we get.

nigeriannightmare
11-08-2008, 05:37 PM
Croyle has been here 3 years and hasn't won a game. He knows he's done. Another fantastic pick by the King.

Croyle was Herm's pick.

Bike
11-08-2008, 06:23 PM
Croyle was Herm's pick.
Ok. But Herm was CP's pick!:bananen_smilies046:

nigeriannightmare
11-08-2008, 06:29 PM

yes, yes he was.

Hayvern
11-08-2008, 07:26 PM

OK, but lets also not forget that Vermiel gave Edwards a glowing review and is what drove Carl Peterson to hire him. Yep, that's right, we are still paying for the Vermiel expirement.

Darth CarlSatan
11-08-2008, 08:44 PM
OK, but lets also not forget that Vermiel gave Edwards a glowing review and is what drove Carl Peterson to hire him. Yep, that's right, we are still paying for the Vermiel expirement.

Who in their right mind would do THAT???? I knew there was a reason I pretty much tuned the Vermeil era out; good Lord.

Canada
11-08-2008, 08:50 PM
Croyle was Herm's pick.

yes, yes he was.

Yeah but don't forget that Clark Hunt picked ....his nose. :D

chief31
11-09-2008, 09:47 AM

I remember this clearly. Vermiel endorsed Saunders over Edwards. BUt he was friends with Edwards, so he had only good things to say on the matter.

But this wasn't Vermiels choice.