PDA

View Full Version : The Positive Thread(or, medication for Canada's Soul)

Darth CarlSatan
11-04-2008, 11:40 AM
We have a Quarterback who can play, and quite possibly the two best Corners in the NFL.
(Definitely the two best ROOKIE Corners!)

Chan Gailey, as it turns out, is NOT a moron and seems to have found a QB who can execute the system he's trying to implement.

The grass at Arrowhead Stadium is green and pretty.:D

Drunker Hillbilly
11-04-2008, 11:49 AM
We have a Quarterback who can play, and quite possibly the two best Corners in the NFL.
(Definitely the two best ROOKIE Corners!)

Chan Gailey, as it turns out, is NOT a moron and seems to have found a QB who can execute the system he's trying to implement.

The grass at Arrowhead Stadium is green and pretty.:D
I am sooooooo on board with your last positive!

jmlamerson
11-04-2008, 11:58 AM
Look, the problems with this team . . .

. . . oops, wrong thread.

Canada
11-04-2008, 11:59 AM
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahaha that is some funny f***in' sh!t hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahah

PawnshopMarimba
11-04-2008, 12:45 PM
Positive: The Chiefs won't go winless this year.

That is all I can muster. Sorry. ;-)

Darth CarlSatan
11-04-2008, 12:54 PM
Positive: The Chiefs won't go winless this year.

That is all I can muster. Sorry. ;-)

BAD PAWNSHOP!!! MALLETS REVOKED!:11::D

Seek
11-04-2008, 01:12 PM
A. Not only do we have a QB who is playing okay, but our OC is adapting the offense around him and the HC is okay with that. Not only that, but the offense is starting to play with Thigpen and they look competitive. That is a big positive for me.

B. The corners have been good. I hope the continue to grow in their roles and take over some leadership from people who are trying to be leaders but don't support their mouths with horrible play.

C. M. Bradley appears to be one heck of a pick up. We appear to have a legit #1, #2 receiving corp.

D. Jamaal Charles is showing up and helping the offense.

E. Tony G is still a Chief. He is also showing these young kigs what it means to play in the NFL and helping Thigpen a ton. Should he still want to be traded in the off season, he is certainly helping the Chiefs by raising his value by showing up each week and putting it all on the line.

Darth CarlSatan
11-04-2008, 01:31 PM
A. Not only do we have a QB who is playing okay, but our OC is adapting the offense around him and the HC is okay with that. Not only that, but the offense is starting to play with Thigpen and they look competitive. That is a big positive for me.

B. The corners have been good. I hope the continue to grow in their roles and take over some leadership from people who are trying to be leaders but don't support their mouths with horrible play.

C. M. Bradley appears to be one heck of a pick up. We appear to have a legit #1, #2 receiving corp.

D. Jamaal Charles is showing up and helping the offense.

E. Tony G is still a Chief. He is also showing these young kigs what it means to play in the NFL and helping Thigpen a ton. Should he still want to be traded in the off season, he is certainly helping the Chiefs by raising his value by showing up each week and putting it all on the line.

:sign0098: EXCELLENT!

PawnshopMarimba
11-04-2008, 01:48 PM
One more: We could conceivably get the #1 pick in the draft!

jap1
11-04-2008, 06:53 PM
In the trend of putting a positive spin ...

The Chiefs were on the Sportscenter Top 10 plays ... 3 times. Granted two were us being embarassed by the Bucs (the KR for a TD and the halfback pass for TD number 3 and 4 I think). BUT, we had the NUMBER ONE highlight: Bradley to Thiggy Pop!!!

Darth CarlSatan
11-04-2008, 07:09 PM
In the trend of putting a positive spin ...

The Chiefs were on the Sportscenter Top 10 plays ... 3 times. Granted two were us being embarassed by the Bucs (the KR for a TD and the halfback pass for TD number 3 and 4 I think). BUT, we had the NUMBER ONE highlight: Bradley to Thiggy Pop!!!

:sign0098: AWESOME!

You gotta' LOVE seeing a play like that come from the Chiefs; WE JUST DON'T DO THAT KIND OF SH*T!
Until Now.

jap1
11-04-2008, 07:26 PM
Some more feel good stuff. The notes on the Chiefs game from Scouts Inc on ESPN's website:

Buccaneers 30, Chiefs 27
Tampa Bay
• The Buccaneers were stoned on the ground by Kansas City's base 4-3 defensive fronts. RB Earnest Graham found very few creases up front thanks to the Chiefs' physical, aggressive style. Kansas City won the battles at the point of attack. The Tampa Bay blockers had trouble disengaging off their blocks to get to the second level, which allowed the Chiefs' linebackers to scrape, flow to the ball and put the clamps on Graham.

Kansas City
• Chiefs offensive coordinator Chan Gailey did a great job of developing a game plan to get the ball to his best weapons. Gailey moved TE Tony Gonzalez around -- split wide, in-line, flexed, in the slot -- to get mismatches in the passing game that QB Tyler Thigpen was able to take advantage of. Gailey also did a nice job of keeping Tampa Bay off-balance with unconventional formations and plays, such as the throwback pass for a touchdown that came out of the Wildcat formation.

From that you would think that we actually won.

chief31
11-05-2008, 02:18 AM
While my bitterness towards the teams management hasn't been rleived much, I do have a far brighter outlook on this team right now.

Tosh has done a 360 over the past two games, and Adrian Jones has been surprisingly unnoticable, while Albert is starting to impress.

That alone makes me feel pretty good about the team.

But, I am not ready to get involved in discussions about what we need in the off-season, because as soon as I recognize the need for a DE, my wounds are refreshed, all the way to the bone.

But being able to actually look at a QB playing in KC is nice. Poorly, or well, I am just glad that I can finally see a QB being given the opportunity.

I hope that it lasts for a while.

Darth CarlSatan
11-05-2008, 02:26 AM
While my bitterness towards the teams management hasn't been rleived much, I do have a far brighter outlook on this team right now.

Tosh has done a 360 over the past two games, and Adrian Jones has been surprisingly unnoticable, while Albert is starting to impress.

That alone makes me feel pretty good about the team.

But, I am not ready to get involved in discussions about what we need in the off-season, because as soon as I recognize the need for a DE, my wounds are refreshed, all the way to the bone.

But being able to actually look at a QB playing in KC is nice. Poorly, or well, I am just glad that I can finally see a QB being given the opportunity.

I hope that it lasts for a while.

Okay, that was "quasi-positive". Damnit; this is for Canada's well-being!
Put your "Partridge Family Sunshine Specs On", smoke a fatty, and let the love FLOW!!!
:11::D

chief31
11-05-2008, 02:29 AM
Okay, that was "quasi-positive". Damnit; this is for Canada's well-being!
Put your "Partridge Family Sunshine Specs On", smoke a fatty, and let the love FLOW!!!
:11::D
You're trying to get blood from a turnip here. I have given what I've got.

Darth CarlSatan
11-05-2008, 02:50 AM
You're trying to get blood from a turnip here. I have given what I've got.

I think I know what you're feeling. All of a sudden, the offense comes to life, but where's the other two thirds?

Jesus Christ; this whole process is hard as a fan, but as a football student it's probably the most interesting time I've ever had as a Chiefs fan. It's a lot of fun to see the possibilities.

Carl may define "true fans" as those who purchase season tickets and fill his new posh-boxes( and I can't disparage those who keep the coffers full ), but I define a true fan as someone who cares enough about this franchise to spend genuine time thinking about it, respecting it, and keeping the spirit and legacy of it alive.
You'll never in a MILLION years hear a player or member of the franchise say "I check out the forums, I like to get a pulse on the fans", but they do.

From time to time, they do.

YZILLA
11-05-2008, 04:31 AM
Ok Canada , I benched P.manning and Inserted Thigpen and Bowe for the Chargers game this weekend in my fantasy League. We are gonna take home a win this time around. We are getting our **** together and the rest of the season is gonna be filled with games we can be positive about.

garciakcfan
11-05-2008, 12:30 PM
I enjoy these kinds of threads too!!!! LOL They don't get the blood flowing as much

chiefnationrepresentarmy
11-05-2008, 04:47 PM
I agree Yzila, just got back from KC on monday. flew up from Ft Bragg NC to catch an amazing game. the Chiefs looked amazing and have nothing but potential in thigpen and jamal charles. even the D is playing better. lots of hope for the rest of the year and going into next year maybe we dont waste a 1st pick on a qb that will need time to develop. maybe we can get another position of need as high as we will be picking. GO CHIEFS and I am outta here

tornadospotter
11-05-2008, 09:31 PM
GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!
IT WOULD BE TOTALLY AWESOME IF THE CHIEFS MAKE A RUN FOR THE AFC WEST CHAMPS!!!!!!
GO CHIEFS!!!!
:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :rock_dj: :fan_wave2: :fan_wave2: :bananen_smilies046:

We still can. I think.

Three7s
11-05-2008, 11:13 PM
GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!
IT WOULD BE TOTALLY AWESOME IF THE CHIEFS MAKE A RUN FOR THE AFC WEST CHAMPS!!!!!!
GO CHIEFS!!!!

We still can. I think.
We can, but we'd have to just about win out. Losing to the Jets and Bucs killed us.

Bike
11-05-2008, 11:59 PM
GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!
GO CHIEFS!!!!

We still can. I think.
We can still finish 9-7 and go to superbowl!!! Why not??:bananen_smilies046:

tornadospotter
11-06-2008, 12:53 AM
We can, but we'd have to just about win out. Losing to the Jets and Bucs can motivate us to win!!!!!!!!!!!
Changed your post!:11:

texaschief
11-06-2008, 01:08 AM

Looking at how bad this division is, we could finish 7-9 and still maybe go to the playoffs. It really IS sad that we're only 3 games out.

What REALLY hurts this season is that this division IS so bad. What if we connect on one of the 4 attempts from the 2 against the Patriots and then get the 2pt conversion for the win? What if the Chiefs take these last two games? We're tied for first!! LMAO!!!

At least the Chiefs HAVE excuses for being so bad. Almost half the team are rookies and some of them are even hurt. We haven't had a healthy QB for every game but 2 this season. Johnson has missed 3 games, plus another coming up. We now have a 7th round, 2nd year player as our starting QB. The D-line can't get to the QB. The right side of the O-line sucks. We have only ONE solid WR. Our special teams is young and allows huge run backs. The kicker is a replacement. The punter pulled a hammy. We can't keep 3 LBs healthy.

Also, it's not like the Chiefs have had some powder puff schedule. The Chiefs have a loss to ONLY ONE sub-.500 team.
Titans 8-0
Panthers 6-2
Bucs 6-3
Falcons 5-3
Patriots 5-3
Jets 5-3
Raiders 2-6

AANNNDDD we're almost 28 million under the cap!!!

The Raiders went on a spending spree and are 2.5 million under the cap. The HAVE a healthy "franchise" QB and tried to build that team thru free agency. They're gawd awful. Only one game better then the Chiefs, but are currently playing at a level MUCH lower than the Chiefs. The Chiefs are +7 in turnovers for the entire season. They rank 3rd in the league in that category. The Chiefs also rank near the top of the league in penalties yards accumulated. The Raiders on the other hand, with a team full of free agent vets, leads the league in penalty yards and are currently ranked 22nd in the league with a -2 turnover ratio.

San Diego HAS an established franchise O-line, RB, QB and solid defense. They're tied with the Raiders with a -2 turnover ratio, rank about middle of the pack in penalty yards and are currently 13 million under the cap.

The Broncos started 3-0, then loss to the Chiefs... convincingly!! The Broncos are about 1 million under the cap. Have their O-line, QB and developed WRs. BUT, they rank dead freakin last in the league in turnover ratio at -11 and rank in the bottom quarter in penalties.

I don't think it's ANY question right now the all three teams in our division have better and more experienced talent than the Chiefs do. They have a LOT more money invested in their teams and the Broncos and Chargers especially expected contending teams this season. I'm sure the Raiders expected it too after the amount of money they pumped into free agency.

This team may not be very good, but the Chiefs DO have reasons for their poor record at this point in the season. What are the other coaches excuses? Why haven't we heard the cries for their heads on the chopping block? (Well, there was Kiffin. LOL) Every other coach was given EVERY tool to succeed this season.

No team who expects to win or even contend for a division title would rank dead last in the league in salary. Bottom line, the Chiefs are trying to develop players this season for a LONG run like the Colts and Pats have enjoyed. This team has just taken two VERY SOLID football teams to the last second and even overtime. If you haven't seen improvement in this team, you're not really watching.

Now, look at the Chiefs' remaining schedule:
San Diego 3-5
New Orleans 4-4
Buffalo 5-3
Oakland 2-6
Denver 4-4
San Diego 3-5
Miami 4-4
Cincinatti 1-8

If this team continues to improve each week, coupled with the horrible play by this division, it's not out of the question to think the Chiefs could make some noise in this division before the season is over.

I'm just sayin, it's not all doom and gloom when you compare where this team is compared to the rest of the division. I'd be A LOT more upset if we were any other team in this division with the payroll they have and the players they already had in place before the season started. But, at 27 million under the cap and starting a whole bunch of 1st, 2nd and 3rd year players, I'm ok with where this team is relatively.

I agree, this is a fun time to be a TRUE Chiefs fan and student of the game.

Darth CarlSatan
11-06-2008, 01:16 AM
Changed your post!:11:

Only now, at this post in the thread do you understand; your feeble individual Homerism's are no match for the POWER OF THE DARTHSIDE!

:yahoo::bananen_smilies046::toast2:

texaschief
11-06-2008, 01:26 AM
Only now, at this post in the thread do you understand; your feeble individual Homerism's are no match for the POWER OF THE DARTHSIDE!

:yahoo::bananen_smilies046::toast2:

:sign0153:

Three7s
11-06-2008, 01:28 AM
Looking at how bad this division is, we could finish 7-9 and still maybe go to the playoffs. It really IS sad that we're only 3 games out.

What REALLY hurts this season is that this division IS so bad. What if we connect on one of the 4 attempts from the 2 against the Patriots and then get the 2pt conversion for the win? What if the Chiefs take these last two games? We're tied for first!! LMAO!!!

As a fan who wants them to win games that are within reach, it hurts, but it's nice to know that we're rebuilding, and yet, could still be in contention.

At least the Chiefs HAVE excuses for being so bad. Almost half the team are rookies and some of them are even hurt. We haven't had a healthy QB for every game but 2 this season. Johnson has missed 3 games, plus another coming up. We now have a 7th round, 2nd year player as our starting QB. The D-line can't get to the QB. The right side of the O-line sucks. We have only ONE solid WR. Our special teams is young and allows huge run backs. The kicker is a replacement. The punter pulled a hammy. We can't keep 3 LBs healthy.

It's true that we have some excuses, but some of those "excuses" are playing pretty well, for now. Notably, the 7th round QB! Even the right side of the O-line is showing some life. Still needs to be replaced, however.

Also, it's not like the Chiefs have had some powder puff schedule. The Chiefs have a loss to ONLY ONE sub-.500 team.
Titans 8-0
Panthers 6-2
Bucs 6-3
Falcons 5-3
Patriots 5-3
Jets 5-3
Raiders 2-6

AANNNDDD we're almost 28 million under the cap!!!

The Raiders went on a spending spree and are 2.5 million under the cap. The HAVE a healthy "franchise" QB and tried to build that team thru free agency. They're gawd awful. Only one game better then the Chiefs, but are currently playing at a level MUCH lower than the Chiefs. The Chiefs are +7 in turnovers for the entire season. They rank 3rd in the league in that category. The Chiefs also rank near the top of the league in penalties yards accumulated. The Raiders on the other hand, with a team full of free agent vets, leads the league in penalty yards and are currently ranked 22nd in the league with a -2 turnover ratio.

San Diego HAS an established franchise O-line, RB, QB and solid defense. They're tied with the Raiders with a -2 turnover ratio, rank about middle of the pack in penalty yards and are currently 13 million under the cap.

The Broncos started 3-0, then loss to the Chiefs... convincingly!! The Broncos are about 1 million under the cap. Have their O-line, QB and developed WRs. BUT, they rank dead freakin last in the league in turnover ratio at -11 and rank in the bottom quarter in penalties.

I don't think it's ANY question right now the all three teams in our division have better and more experienced talent than the Chiefs do. They have a LOT more money invested in their teams and the Broncos and Chargers especially expected contending teams this season. I'm sure the Raiders expected it too after the amount of money they pumped into free agency.

I don't wanna see us spend a ton on FAs, this off-season, but I do want to see us grab the necessities. If we don't cover some areas in the draft, it is a MUST to use some of this cap room to fill the vacancies. No excuses.

This team may not be very good, but the Chiefs DO have reasons for their poor record at this point in the season. What are the other coaches excuses? Why haven't we heard the cries for their heads on the chopping block? (Well, there was Kiffin. LOL) Every other coach was given EVERY tool to succeed this season.

No team who expects to win or even contend for a division title would rank dead last in the league in salary. Bottom line, the Chiefs are trying to develop players this season for a LONG run like the Colts and Pats have enjoyed. This team has just taken two VERY SOLID football teams to the last second and even overtime. If you haven't seen improvement in this team, you're not really watching.

Indeed, they have improved, and a big reason for that is the play of Thigpen at the QB position. As long as he does what he did the last two weeks for the rest of the season, we'll compete in every game. There are some other areas, but they would be overlooked if it wasn't for the obvious area.

Now, look at the Chiefs' remaining schedule:
San Diego 3-5
New Orleans 4-4
Buffalo 5-3
Oakland 2-6
Denver 4-4
San Diego 3-5
Miami 4-4
Cincinatti 1-8

If this team continues to improve each week, coupled with the horrible play by this division, it's not out of the question to think the Chiefs could make some noise in this division before the season is over.

I think both Charger games could be exciting, as well as the Saints game. I don't see us beating the Bills.(sorry Canada!) We should beat the Raiders and, at least, compete against the Broncos, Chargers, and Dolphins. Bengals should be an easy win.

I'm just sayin, it's not all doom and gloom when you compare where this team is compared to the rest of the division. I'd be A LOT more upset if we were any other team in this division with the payroll they have and the players they already had in place before the season started. But, at 27 million under the cap and starting a whole bunch of 1st, 2nd and 3rd year players, I'm ok with where this team is relatively.

I agree, this is a fun time to be a TRUE Chiefs fan and student of the game.
All in all, I agree with everything you said, as always. Rep.

Darth CarlSatan
11-06-2008, 01:39 AM
:sign0153:

:D

Move along, nothing to see here. Move along.

I'm too tired to give the full and roundabout explanation. I just spent an hour putting my case together for why I no longer endorse Matt Stafford to some peoples who see him as the Chiefs QB Messiah.

texaschief
11-06-2008, 01:39 AM
All in all, I agree with everything you said, as always. Rep.

The problem with spending money in FA, free agency comes BEFORE the draft. So, you don't know what holes you'll be able to fill in the draft before you start spending money. If you wait till after the draft to sign free agents, you're spending money on 2nd and 3rd tier free agents. If you're going to do that, you might as well just start a bunch of rookies and let them develop.... kinda like you're seeing THIS season.

While I wouldn't mind going another season without blowing a bunch of money of free agents, unless the franchise shows A LOT of improvement in the 2nd half, I think Hunt will insist we bring in some free agents to fill some of the holes.

Like i've said previously, Vilma would be a HUGE signing if he hits the market, but other than him, I just don't think there are FAs out there worth spending money on to fill holes that we have right now. That being said, I haven't seen all those free agents play and we might be able to bring someone in that could be a cornerstone for the future of the franchise.

If it were up to me though, I'd wait one more year to spend on FAs. I think we need one more year, just like the one we're having this year (personnel wise) before spending on big name free agents.

texaschief
11-06-2008, 01:44 AM
:D

Move along, nothing to see here. Move along.

I'm too tired to give the full and roundabout explanation. I just spent an hour putting my case together for why I no longer endorse Matt Stafford to some peoples who see him as the Chiefs QB Messiah.

eh. I like Stafford as a franchise QB. He plays in an NFL style offense and has a freakin CANNON for an arm. His mobility is lacking and could prove costly if he came here. Unless he gets behind a completely solid O-line, I think he's going to have a rough start to his NFL career. He makes poor decisions on the run. But, he'll probably be the best QB coming out in April.

But, I'd rather let Thigpen take the reigns next year if he continues to earn the spot throughout the rest of this season. Then, after a year and half leading this team and staying healthy, we'll have a good read on him as a franchise QB. If he's not that guy, then we take Bradford or McCoy or someone like that in 2010.

I'm off the "we need a QB in the first round" bandwagon for at least a few weeks. I'm more interested in filling other positions in the draft this year and waiting for that QB till 2010 if we still need a QB.

just my feelings on that.

tornadospotter
11-06-2008, 02:29 AM
eh. I like Stafford as a franchise QB. He plays in an NFL style offense and has a freakin CANNON for an arm. His mobility is lacking and could prove costly if he came here. Unless he gets behind a completely solid O-line, I think he's going to have a rough start to his NFL career. He makes poor decisions on the run. But, he'll probably be the best QB coming out in April.

But, I'd rather let Thigpen take the reigns next year if he continues to earn the spot throughout the rest of this season. Then, after a year and half leading this team and staying healthy, we'll have a good read on him as a franchise QB. If he's not that guy, then we take Bradford or McCoy or someone like that in 2010.

I'm off the "we need a QB in the first round" bandwagon for at least a few weeks. I'm more interested in filling other positions in the draft this year and waiting for that QB till 2010 if we still need a QB.

I agree. :sign0153: :sign0105: :sign0148: :iagree: :bananen_smilies046:

Darth CarlSatan
11-06-2008, 02:30 AM

Tomorrow I'll put together my Chiefs Crowd edition, and try to shed some light and perspective on the total situation.

chief31
11-06-2008, 03:52 AM

Shanahan is a two-time Super Bowl Champion. (Puke-a**ed mother-f***er that he is) And The Chargers are more like The Raiders. Meaning that their upper management is more to blame for this. (They fired Marty)

But The Chargers also have been carrying a heavy load from injuries.

Oh, and neither of those teams is 1 for their last twenty.

Just off the top of my head.

hardcorechiefsfan
11-06-2008, 04:37 AM
Ok Canada , I benched P.manning and Inserted Thigpen and Bowe for the Chargers game this weekend in my fantasy League. We are gonna take home a win this time around. We are getting our **** together and the rest of the season is gonna be filled with games we can be positive about.
Fantastic move zilla!

GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!
GO CHIEFS!!!!

We still can. I think.
What is the "if" for? The chiefs WILL do it, playing like they did in the last two games.

Yeah! Why not go to superbowl?

Something that no one else mentioned here in this thread that is extremely positive is the fact that Thigpen is still healthy, unlike the chiefs' original starter and 1st backup QB. I think this means that the o-line is melding with Thiggie and is learning to protect him.

I got a "what if", what if the chiefs do well enough so that Tony G. decides to stay?

hardcorechiefsfan
11-06-2008, 07:59 PM
http://www.kcchiefs.com/media/images/620C54E7A8C845BDA30F56AF6809DF16.GIF?0.71242075486 86156
The chargers' total offense, pass offense, rush defense, points per game, and the points they allow might make them seem better than the chiefs, BUT the chiefs rush offense, pass defense, and turnover ratio is better than the chargers.:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Darth CarlSatan
11-06-2008, 08:24 PM
Fantastic move zilla!

What is the "if" for? The chiefs WILL do it, playing like they did in the last two games.

Yeah! Why not go to superbowl?

Something that no one else mentioned here in this thread that is extremely positive is the fact that Thigpen is still healthy, unlike the chiefs' original starter and 1st backup QB. I think this means that the o-line is melding with Thiggie and is learning to protect him.

I got a "what if", what if the chiefs do well enough so that Tony G. decides to stay?

If the offense can keep on firing, and not regress to the utterly sad, slow, and useless Huard/LJ/Gailey-era, and if the D and Special Teams can elevate and start making plays and making a difference by the end of the season, I would say the possibility of Tony staying in KC increases.
If Herm is shown the door at the end of this season, you can COUNT ON Tony staying.
:bananen_smilies046:

jap1
11-06-2008, 08:37 PM
If the offense can keep on firing, and not regress to the utterly sad, slow, and useless Huard/LJ/Gailey-era, and if the D and Special Teams can elevate and start making plays and making a difference by the end of the season, I would say the possibility of Tony staying in KC increases.
If Herm is shown the door at the end of this season, you can COUNT ON Tony staying.

I always hear that Herm is very well liked by the players, but he was the one who decided to NOT give Tony a chance to break the record at home (and I dont blame him).

I think if Carl Peterson is booted, then Tony G will be much more likely to stay.

I think Tony G is definitely trade bait at this point though.

Darth CarlSatan
11-06-2008, 09:09 PM
I always hear that Herm is very well liked by the players, but he was the one who decided to NOT give Tony a chance to break the record at home (and I dont blame him).

I think if Carl Peterson is booted, then Tony G will be much more likely to stay.

I think Tony G is definitely trade bait at this point though.

That's a given, but I should have included it.

This is the positive thread, so I'm moving my Tony Agenda out to the Main Floor.

hardcorechiefsfan
11-07-2008, 09:42 AM
One last "I do believe Tony will stay. I do believe that Tony will stay, I do, I do, I do!"

chief31
11-07-2008, 10:08 AM
One last "I do believe Tony will stay. I do believe that Tony will stay, I do, I do, I do!"

His only other options are to retire, or pay The Chiefs, for holding-out.

jmlamerson
11-07-2008, 11:47 AM
His only other options are to retire, or pay The Chiefs, for holding-out.

He will retire before he plays for the Chiefs in 2009, if Herm and Carl are in charge. The Chiefs burned this bridge pretty well.

And I can't imagine a single fan blaming him.

Chiefster
11-07-2008, 01:51 PM
I love this thread! :lol:

...And why hasn't Darth's MANCARD not been revoked Guru??? :sign0153: :p