PDA

View Full Version : The season is a wash......

SIC J
11-04-2008, 05:17 PM
So lets just hope they lose the remaining 8 games, we get the #1 pick, find a new QB, and fire Herm Edwards. Then we might have something to look forward to next season.

Sn@keIze
11-04-2008, 05:23 PM
So lets just hope they lose the remaining 8 games, we get the #1 pick, find a new QB, and fire Herm Edwards. Then we might have something to look forward to next season.
I understand that you want a good draft pick.

But you will never catch me sayin I hope the Chiefs lose. .......EVER!!

I dont care if we lose #1 overall because we happen to win last game of season.

jap1
11-04-2008, 07:15 PM
I understand that you want a good draft pick.

But you will never catch me sayin I hope the Chiefs lose. .......EVER!!

I dont care if we lose #1 overall because we happen to win last game of season.

I agree. Cannot ever root for a loss. I cannot even admit that a game is over (yes I was still talking trash to the Titans fans that were sitting next to me at the bar during the last 2 minutes).

Plus, who wants to pay the huge 1st pick $$$? There tends to be a huge dropoff after the 5th pick.
It will be interesting, though, because of the bottom 10 teams, who will draft a QB:

- Detroit? Now they probably have Culpepper for a few years. Millen is gone so they might not draft another receiver. Will they go for a QBOTF ... who knows.
- 49ers do need a QB, but also need O-line help.
- Seattle, if Hasselbeck is healthy for the rest of the season they wont spend a 1st round pick on a QBoTF.
- St Lou likes Bulger for now and has bigger needs.
- Oakland will draft Crabtree or whoever runs the fastest 40 (I love Al Davis's senility)
- Houston has big needs on D (but Matt Schaub is not a franchise QB).
- Jax, Cleveland, Cinci, and SD are set at QB.

Who knows, we may not need to have a top 10 pick to get the #1 QB if that is what we need (maybe Thiggy pop will continue to improve).

So, for that reason, I say we make a run for the playoffs! We are only 3 games behind Denver and beat them once!!!! Go undefeated the rest of the season and we can win the division!!:sign0153:

(Please leave me to my delusions of grandeur!)

slc chief
11-04-2008, 08:18 PM

get that crap out of here i am hoping for 4 more wins at least i do not want an overpaid 1st pick hopefully thigpen works out allowing us to take a qb in the 2nd or 3rd round i have had about enough of so called chiefs fans rooting against the team you are not true fans there would never and i mean never be a sunday were i woke up and said i hope the chiefs lose

Sn@keIze
11-04-2008, 08:38 PM
slc chief: Easy man Easy. Lets not say who is a true Chief fan or not. I see where hes coming from. Maybe a bit excessive bout losing the rest of the games and what not but I see his point.

SIC J: Welcome and dont take too much from what we say. But its not a good idea to say "I hope the Chiefs lose" around here.

And in response to our draft pick strategy. If we had a top 3 pick, I wouldnt be opposed to trading it for a late 1st and a 2nd to a team that really wanted a certain player. because we have some serious holes to fill.

slc chief
11-04-2008, 08:52 PM
slc chief: Easy man Easy. Lets not say who is a true Chief fan or not. I see where hes coming from. Maybe a bit excessive bout losing the rest of the games and what not but I see his point.

SIC J: Welcome and dont take too much from what we say. But its not a good idea to say "I hope the Chiefs lose" around here.

And in response to our draft pick strategy. If we had a top 3 pick, I wouldnt be opposed to trading it for a late 1st and a 2nd to a team that really wanted a certain player. because we have some serious holes to fill.

your right sn@keize (yoursn@keize) it was the heat of the moment i apoligize it just gets a little discouraging hearing the chiefs getting bashed all of the time even by our own things are not good right now but they are starting to show potential i dont have the right to say who is a true chiefs fan or not welcome to the forums have fun and stick around sicj

hardcorechiefsfan
11-06-2008, 05:14 AM
Gee, you are really bubbling with positivity. NOT.

Guru
11-06-2008, 07:21 AM
Rooting for losses? Whatever pal.

If we finish 1-15 I won't complain (much) but I WILL NOT root for it.

chief31
11-07-2008, 10:10 AM
Rooting for losses? Whatever pal.

If we finish 1-15 I won't complain (much) but I WILL NOT root for it.

But just try and stop me from it.:lol:

hardcorechiefsfan
11-07-2008, 10:37 AM
But just try and stop me from it.:lol:
That is a true chiefs' fan!:D

jtandcrew
11-08-2008, 01:39 PM
:sign0153: While we are rooting for the Chiefs to lose lets just take the extra step. Lets all start rooting for our players to start throwing themselves off the top of Arrowhead! Lets start rooting for a mutiny where the team goes and hangs Herm and Peterson! Lets start rooting for the team to refuse to take the field at the start of the remaining games so we can have a team strike and get some real players for replacements! Come on, really? Root for losses? Thats got to rank up there with some of the stupidist things ive heard on here! :lol:

okikcfan
11-08-2008, 02:24 PM
Before the season started, Hunt gave Herm the go ahead to rebuild the Chiefs Team....BUT, He also planned to see progress in the 2008 season. So we are kinda in a no win area here. We want our young players to learn and grow as a Team including Thigpen, but at the same time we really don't want to show too much progress. Our goal is to kick Carl and Herm to the curb and HOPE that the next GM and HC and better than what we have now and really know what they are doing.

kcchiefs4life
11-08-2008, 03:22 PM
get that crap out of here i am hoping for 4 more wins at least i do not want an overpaid 1st pick hopefully thigpen works out allowing us to take a qb in the 2nd or 3rd round i have had about enough of so called chiefs fans rooting against the team you are not true fans there would never and i mean never be a sunday were i woke up and said i hope the chiefs lose
I agree man. I was down for the Chies vs Bucs game last weekend and ALL OVER KANSAS CITY people were talking to my buddy who had a bucs shirt on saying things like "you uys are going to kill us this weekend" and "we suck this year". I finally said to a guy at the mall by the stadium "dude, lets not count them out man". He had nothing positive to say.
I know its been a rough year so far, but cmon man, where is the LOVE?

Bike
11-08-2008, 06:25 PM
I could never, ever wish for a Chiefs' loss...

IlovetheChiefs
11-08-2008, 07:47 PM
I could never, ever wish for a Chiefs' loss...

Ditto. It's one thing to say after a loss, "Well on the bright side at least we could get a better draft pick..." But to hope for the Chiefs to lose? No way. Impossible. Can't do it. Ever. Go Chiefs! I ALWAYS want you to WIN!

Big Daddy Tek
11-09-2008, 12:21 AM
Dont come in here on your 2nd post talking about how we should lose the next 8 games. Its guys like you that make me lose my cool. What the hell is wrong with you. You obviously have no idea what that would do to the phsyche of a football team. I cant even reply to your post without feeling dumber.

SIC J
11-10-2008, 04:48 AM
Dont come in here on your 2nd post talking about how we should lose the next 8 games. Its guys like you that make me lose my cool. What the hell is wrong with you. You obviously have no idea what that would do to the phsyche of a football team. I cant even reply to your post without feeling dumber.

So because you have 150 post andvonly registered a couple months before me you're cooler than me? Give it a rest man.

I've been a Chiefs fan since I knew what football was over 20 years ago and I'm only 28. I just know what REALITY is. As long as Herm Edwards is the coach, the Chiefs aren't going anymore. They're still my team to root for but I ain't as excited as I used to be. The more loses they get, the better the chance that Herm will get fired and changes will be made that are SERIOUSLY needed.

NKChiefs
11-10-2008, 05:46 AM
Ditto. It's one thing to say after a loss, "Well on the bright side at least we could get a better draft pick..." But to hope for the Chiefs to lose? No way. Impossible. Can't do it. Ever. Go Chiefs! I ALWAYS want you to WIN!

:bananen_smilies046: Salud to that!

Go' Chiefs