PDA

View Full Version : chargers pass defense

slc chief
11-05-2008, 09:20 PM
they are ranked last in the league. i hope thigpen can explode on them and we get a conferance win.they did change their defensive cordinator. so hopefully we can catch them offguard.

Hayvern
11-05-2008, 10:59 PM
This is what has me telling people the Chiefs are going to win this weekend. If Herm can refrain from stupid coaching calls, we should be able to pull one off.

Three7s
11-05-2008, 11:12 PM
This is what has me telling people the Chiefs are going to win this weekend. If Herm can refrain from stupid coaching calls, we should be able to pull one off.
I think we can really put up some points on these guys, so that shouldn't be a problem. The problem lies in stopping them. Scoring contest, take three!

tornadospotter
11-06-2008, 01:00 AM
Chiefs will win!!!!!!

texaschief
11-06-2008, 01:24 AM
How sad is it that fans of a 1-7 team have a legitimate reason to be optimistic about beating a Chargers team that was considered a preseason walk away with the division and AFC contender? Did Merriman and Gates really mean THAT much to the success of that team? Other than those two players, they haven't lost THAT much to be THIS awful.

Think about this. If the Chiefs had lost Allen and Gonzo in 2005 or 2006, would the Chiefs have been this bad? And we didn't even have a previously dominant defense.

I really do want to know what the problems are in San Diego. Aren't they supposed to have the best QB/RB tandem in football? Hell, they're putting up 4 TDs per game!!! That's ranked 3rd in the LEAGUE!!! They're only giving up 24ppg. What the hell is wrong with that team?!! They should be running away with this division.

Three7s
11-06-2008, 01:31 AM
How sad is it that fans of a 1-7 team have a legitimate reason to be optimistic about beating a Chargers team that was considered a preseason walk away with the division and AFC contender? Did Merriman and Gates really mean THAT much to the success of that team? Other than those two players, they haven't lost THAT much to be THIS awful.

Think about this. If the Chiefs had lost Allen and Gonzo in 2005 or 2006, would the Chiefs have been this bad? And we didn't even have a previously dominant defense.

I really do want to know what the problems are in San Diego. Aren't they supposed to have the best QB/RB tandem in football? Hell, they're putting up 4 TDs per game!!! That's ranked 3rd in the LEAGUE!!! They're only giving up 24ppg. What the hell is wrong with that team?!! They should be running away with this division.
Merriman is, probably, the biggest reason for how bad they're doing. They're horrible on defense. The Chargers aren't running the ball too well, though, and that's because LT is still got that injured foot or toe. I don't know the specifics on it. Even with all that, I thought they'd be at least 5-3 right now.

texaschief
11-06-2008, 01:47 AM
Merriman is, probably, the biggest reason for how bad they're doing. They're horrible on defense. The Chargers aren't running the ball too well, though, and that's because LT is still got that injured foot or toe. I don't know the specifics on it. Even with all that, I thought they'd be at least 5-3 right now.

Hold on, wait.... let me get out my violin.... ok, go.... :lol:

tornadospotter
11-06-2008, 02:15 AM

How sad to always be a villian, and never see the positives! Yes I want to win every game, now I still want to win every game. I think we can!!!!:11:

hardcorechiefsfan
11-06-2008, 05:03 AM
they are ranked last in the league. i hope thigpen can explode on them and we get a conferance win.they did change their defensive cordinator. so hopefully we can catch them offguard.
What is their defense ranked?

Three7s
11-06-2008, 05:48 AM
What is their defense ranked?
I think it's 26th, overall?

jtandcrew
11-06-2008, 07:40 AM
I think this will definately be a interesting game. Hopefully the Chiefs Offense wont be looking at what the Chargers are ranked on D. Last week the offense stepped up against a pretty stout D with TB. Now this week its basically opposite from what we saw last week...Stout D with a weaker O...this week? Weaker D with a stouter O. Like I said this should be interesting. I still predict a Chiefs win regardless.:bananen_smilies046:

texaschief
11-06-2008, 04:42 PM
How sad to always be a villian, and never see the positives! Yes I want to win every game, now I still want to win every game. I think we can!!!!:11:

:sign0153:

IlovetheChiefs
11-06-2008, 05:01 PM
Chiefs will win!!!!!!

Yes! And Denver will lose tonight at Cleveland! Then we'll be 2 games out of first place with 7 to go. And will have a 2-0 record so far against Denver and San Diego. :)

Three7s
11-06-2008, 06:27 PM
Yes! And Denver will lose tonight at Cleveland! Then we'll be 2 games out of first place with 7 to go. And will have a 2-0 record so far against Denver and San Diego. :)
I wish I had NFL Network, I don't get the game. :(

IlovetheChiefs
11-06-2008, 06:50 PM
I wish I had NFL Network, I don't get the game. :(

Me either, but it's scheduled to be on channelsurfing.net. So as long as it works and doesn't say "Not broadcasting", we can see the Donks stink up the field once again! Go Browns! (Be neat also to see the performance of Brady Quinn).

greg3564
11-06-2008, 08:41 PM
Here's why KC is a 15 point underdog-

KC's NFL ranked offense vs SD defense

Points KC 29th scored against SD 26th allowed
Yards KC 26th against SD 26th allowed
Passing KC 28th against SD 32nd allowed
Rushing KC 14th against SD 16th allowed

Looks pretty good, huh?

Now, SD's offense against our defense

Points SD 3rd scored against KC 29th allowed
Yards SD 12th against KC 31st allowed
Passing SD 7th against KC 22nd allowed
Rushing SD 24th against KC 32nd allowed

So our O and their D match up pretty well, but their O is much better than our D, and that's a problem. And for what it's worth, they do have a lot of vets and leaders and have handled adversity. Our team is very young and hasn't played through as much adversity. That showed last week when we we blew a 23 point lead and lost at home.

Bike
11-07-2008, 01:07 PM
Good points. On paper bolts win. But on paper Jax beats Cincy. Didn't happen. Chiefs beat bolts this sunday...

Chiefster
11-07-2008, 01:16 PM

...But can our O-line passblock all game long?

Three7s
11-07-2008, 01:32 PM
Did it against the Bucs, I see no reason why they can't against the Chargers.

Chiefster
11-07-2008, 01:36 PM
Did it against the Bucs, I see no reason why they can't against the Chargers.

True, but it wasn't enough to win us the game either.

Three7s
11-07-2008, 01:37 PM
True, but it wasn't enough to win us the game either.
Yup, if only we had a decent defense!

Chiefster
11-07-2008, 01:42 PM

Yup that, and and offense that can keep the other teams defense guessing.

chief31
11-08-2008, 10:32 AM

They have astounded me for two straight games. It's the same guys who had been zeros all season up 'til then, but they don't look like it.

okikcfan
11-08-2008, 11:30 AM

I think we could have a decent defense if some one would just cut the Gun lose and let him do his job HIS WAY!!!

Bike
11-08-2008, 12:03 PM
I think we could have a decent defense if some one would just cut the Gun lose and let him do his job HIS WAY!!!
I think Gun has been around this game long enough that you would think he wouldn't let anybody - let alone Herm - tell him how to run his defense. If he is in fact letting Herm run his defense, then gun has truely let the game pass him by. He is past the stage of 'don't give a sh!t any more, I'm just here for the paycheck'.
At least you can see him on the sidelines now. I wonder whose decision that was?
C'mon Gun. Do whats right. Run your defense your way (if you still give a sh!t) or walk away and let the rest of the world know what we already know - that Herm is a moron.

chief31
11-09-2008, 09:50 AM
I think Gun has been around this game long enough that you would think he wouldn't let anybody - let alone Herm - tell him how to run his defense. If he is in fact letting Herm run his defense, then gun has truely let the game pass him by. He is past the stage of 'don't give a sh!t any more, I'm just here for the paycheck'.
At least you can see him on the sidelines now. I wonder whose decision that was?
C'mon Gun. Do whats right. Run your defense your way (if you still give a sh!t) or walk away and let the rest of the world know what we already know - that Herm is a moron.

That's it. Defy your boss, and get fired within hours. This is Herms defense. And Gunther will be fired if he doesn't follow orders.

But then, I expect him to get fired and blamed, regardless.

OTR Chiefs fan
11-09-2008, 11:10 AM

Yup that, and and offense that can keep the other teams defense guessing.

They have astounded me for two straight games. It's the same guys who had been zeros all season up 'til then, but they don't look like it.

To Three 7s point; yeah our D is pretty banged up and the inexperience is showing. If we would still have Allen on the squad it would at least solidify the D-line and given us a true pass rusher. Hali is good, but he's no Allen. Then we would at least had a basic solid defense to rely on and to build upon.

To Cheifster point; I have never liked Herm as a game manager. We had the Jets and the Bucs on the ropes late in the game and IMO Herm got conservative and predictable, instead of sticking with what got you the lead late in the game in the first place! :mob:

To Cheif31 point; We're starting to see these young players starting to gel. On both the offense and defense. I said at the start of the season that the first half of the season would be rough. (without a doubt!) But now we're at least playing competitively instead of getting blown out, which IMO is a good sign. Now if Herm would not get in the way and get predictable we can win some games. We should have 3 wins instead of 1. And I think it's a direct result of Herm's game management or lack thereof.:D

NKChiefs
11-09-2008, 03:06 PM
And I think it's a direct result of Herm's game management or lack thereof.:D

Totally Agree. And i really think that it frustrates the players too. (the post season game against colts, just came to my mind)
I hope O-line can hold the Chargers D, and that we can get some good passplay from the Offense today.

Go Chiefs

/NKChiefs

hardcorechiefsfan
11-09-2008, 04:21 PM
Originally Posted by Bike http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/redbar/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?p=105479#post105479)
I think Gun has been around this game long enough that you would think he wouldn't let anybody - let alone Herm - tell him how to run his defense.
Once upon a time, Gunther Cunningham was a fantastic defense coach but some evil master decided to make him the head coach and it broke the "fantastic defense coach" spell forever and ever.
Gunther begged his fairy godmother,"Please, make me great again!"
His fairy godmotherCarlina flew zigzaggedly through the air before him. "You were the best Gunther, but you blew it when you decided that you wanted to be head coach. Now you will be forever destined to be the worst defense coach. The worst, the worst, the worst..."
Gunther's head came down as huge teardrops fell.

Bike
11-10-2008, 05:02 AM
That's it. Defy your boss, and get fired within hours. This is Herms defense. And Gunther will be fired if he doesn't follow orders.

But then, I expect him to get fired and blamed, regardless.
Then so be it. It helps to have a pair and do whats right. In the long run, he will succeed...

chief31
11-10-2008, 07:51 AM
Then so be it. It helps to have a pair and do whats right. In the long run, he will succeed...

I doubt that Herm would even let him get more than a couple of plays in, before taking the helm.

Bike
11-10-2008, 08:33 PM
I doubt that Herm would even let him get more than a couple of plays in, before taking the helm.
Truth..