PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs and Playoffs? Listen before you laugh.

Big Daddy Tek
11-06-2008, 09:21 PM
The leader in our woefull division has 4 wins. If the Chiefs dont choke against the Jets, Bucs, and Pats, (big if's) the Chiefs would also have 4 wins, plus the tiebreaker with Denver, leaving them in first place. But as you all know, If's dont get you anywhere. Unless they are pointed towards the future of coarse. The Chiefs cant change what they did last month but "IF" they can change what they do this month you might be very surprised were they end up. First of all, the Broncos have to lose tonight, which is very possible. Next the Chiefs would have to beat the Chargers, which is not impossible. If these two things were to happen, you would wake up on Monday morning, with your favorite team two games back of the division lead, with tiebreaker wins against Denver and San Diego. When you throw in the fact that the chiefs will have 7 games left, this idea starts getting very exciting. One more fact: Most Vegas groups have the AFC west winner as the Broncos at 8-8 or 7-9. Can we do that? Probably not, but its worth an eye brow raise.
GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!! :yahoo:

greg3564
11-06-2008, 09:26 PM
I have to admit...I laughed before I listened. And then, I listened and still laughed. :lol:

In all seriousness, there's about a 1 percent chance of us winning one more football game, let alone making a wildcard playoff berth. This team is woefully inconsistent right now.

Sn@keIze
11-06-2008, 09:44 PM
I have to admit...I laughed before I listened. And then, I listened and still laughed. :lol:

right now.Funny as hell.:lol:

Seriously tho, thats how woeful our division is. The last two games I can seriously think we can beat. I brought this up in an earlier thread, that if we went 6-2 teh rest of the season, our playoff chances are good. the question is what two teams do we lose to. (Please sunshiners, me saying we lose 2 games is optimistic enuf)

If going 6-2 with this team against this schedule is impossible.....then let me hear somebody say it.

greg3564
11-06-2008, 11:10 PM
If going 6-2 with this team against this schedule is impossible.....then let me hear somebody say it.

It's impossible. There, I said it. :D Because there is no "this team" so far. "This team" is terribly inconsistent. Would it surprise me if San Diego rolls over us by 3 TD's this weekend? No. Would it surprise me if we pulled out a win? No. This team is so erratic and under coached, it's really not funny anymore. I say it's way too early to say what kind of team "this team" is right now. It would be awfully hard for the 2008 Chiefs to win any game on the road, when we blew a 23 point lead at home. I know it sucks, but it is what it is. Coaching and game management has also been bad and that hurts an already struggling team.

Sn@keIze
11-06-2008, 11:20 PM
I thought I had too much too drink.:D

Drunker Hillbilly
11-06-2008, 11:24 PM
The leader in our woefull division has 4 wins. If the Chiefs dont choke against the Jets, Bucs, and Pats, (big if's) the Chiefs would also have 4 wins, plus the tiebreaker with Denver, leaving them in first place. But as you all know, If's dont get you anywhere. Unless they are pointed towards the future of coarse. The Chiefs cant change what they did last month but "IF" they can change what they do this month you might be very surprised were they end up. First of all, the Broncos have to lose tonight, which is very possible. Next the Chiefs would have to beat the Chargers, which is not impossible. If these two things were to happen, you would wake up on Monday morning, with your favorite team two games back of the division lead, with tiebreaker wins against Denver and San Diego. When you throw in the fact that the chiefs will have 7 games left, this idea starts getting very exciting. One more fact: Most Vegas groups have the AFC west winner as the Broncos at 8-8 or 7-9. Can we do that? Probably not, but its worth an eye brow raise.
Well, we have already lost to 2 of those teams sooo.......

IlovetheChiefs
11-07-2008, 12:27 AM
Doggone it, the Donks had to go and win tonight. Now they're 5-4. 4-5 would have been so much more fun. Now even with a win at SD we'd still be 3 games back. Why did Cutler have to be like Elway in the 4th quarter? Oh, because the opponent was the Browns (who Elway always burned in the comeback drives).

Guru
11-07-2008, 12:48 AM
This isn't even worth a reply.

err wait.

Damn.

texaschief
11-07-2008, 03:04 AM

After watching the Broncos thursday night, (who are supposed to be the best team in this division) barely beat a surprisingly bad Browns team, I'm not convinced they get to 8-8 or even 7-9 for that matter. I think if the Chargers can get healthy, they'll end up winning this division.

Broncos remaining:
@ Atlanta-loss
Oakland-win
@NYJ-loss
KC-loss :D
@Carolina-loss
Buffalo-loss
@ San Diego-loss

Even IF they beat the Chiefs 4 weeks from now, I only see a 7-9 team at the best.

San Diego remaining:
KC-loss :D
@Pitt-loss
Indy-loss
Atlanta-loss
Oakland-win
@KC-loss
@Tampa-loss
Denver-win

Even if the beat the Chiefs twice, that leaves them with a 7-9 season. I mean, looking at the rest of that schedule, who can you definitively say they're going to beat? Atlanta? Maybe?

Oakland remaining
Carolina-loss
@Miami-loss
@Denver-loss
KC-loss
@San Diego-loss
New England-loss
Houston-win?
@Tampa-loss

Even if they beat the Chiefs again, that leaves them with a 4 win season at best.

Chiefs remaining
@San Diego-win :D
New Orleans-loss
Buffalo-loss
@Oakland-win
@Denver-win
San Diego-win :D
Miami-win
Cincinnati-win

The Chiefs remaining schedule is by far the least hazardous of the 4 division foes. Don't get me wrong, there's a good chance the Chiefs could drop a lot more than 2 games of their remaining schedule. But, if they could somehow win both San Diego games and the Denver game, they'd have the tie breakers over both teams if they were able to split with the Broncos and Chargers, that would probably tie them all at 6-10. I pretty sure the Chiefs would lose any tie breakers. lol

But, if they could somehow win their remaining division games, then beat Miami and Cinci, we might actually win the division. LMAO. Maybe its just me, but winning those 6 games, doesn't seem out of the question. Especially after watching Denver against the Chiefs and the Browns. I honestly haven't seen the Chargers yet, but the lost to the Broncos a couple weeks before we killed them.

I'm just sayin, if this team is righting the ship and continues to play at a level that took the Bucs to overtime, it's not entirely impossible. But, with a team full of rookies and injured starters, it's going to be A LOT to ask of this team to play at that level consistently.

rbedgood
11-07-2008, 04:20 AM
texaschief,

The only game I'd question in your list is that Miami game. They've looked better than most expected this year. I've actually been saying for the past few weeks that I wouldn't be surprised by Miami winning their division. I'm not counting on it, but I wouldn't be surprised. As such, I wouldn't chalk them up as a win quite yet.

hardcorechiefsfan
11-07-2008, 06:52 AM
You should try to have a more positive chiefs' heart. We might not win 3 of the last 8(?) regular games but at least we can see the promise in them, no matter how much later that promise will come to fruition. It would be nice if KC turned out to be the best out of the AFC west. As far as "knowing" or being certain the chiefs will win AFC west, they are not that consistent.
The game in Denver, I would most likely bet against the chiefs because for some reason they can't win in Denver except for the Joe Montana game. I doubt that even Thigpen can take them to a win in but I do try to have a open mind especially with Thigpen. He has opened my eyes to possibilities.
So let's hope that the chiefs make all those "Vegas groups" lose alot of money, Let my first thought about Denver be wrong and let this game against the Chargers be the first in the KC chiefs win consistency.
:yahoo: GO CHIEFS!:yahoo:
THIGPEN, THIGPEN, YOU'RE OUR MAN, GIVE US A WIN AS FAST AS YOU CAN!:yahoo::yahoo: :yahoo:
:yahoo: GO CHIEFS! GO THIGGIE!:yahoo:

Seek
11-07-2008, 01:59 PM
Can we focus on winning A game before we even blindly think we can still win the division. Seriously, I know the offense has looked good recently but they still have looked bad, and with the injuries on the already pathetic defense, That aint gonna help us.

Chiefster
11-07-2008, 02:12 PM

In all seriousness, there's about a 1 percent chance of us winning one more football game, let alone making a wildcard playoff berth. This team is woefully inconsistent right now.

Ditto!:lol: :lol: :lol:

But, technically we didn't listen at all; we read, and I didn't read it all.

texaschief
11-07-2008, 05:31 PM
texaschief,

The only game I'd question in your list is that Miami game. They've looked better than most expected this year. I've actually been saying for the past few weeks that I wouldn't be surprised by Miami winning their division. I'm not counting on it, but I wouldn't be surprised. As such, I wouldn't chalk them up as a win quite yet.

True. They've looked good. They'd probably be the best team in OUR division, that's for sure. Especially since they've already beaten our two division leaders. lol

But looking at the schedule, I think if you want to look at it as though the Chiefs have a shot at making the playoffs, the game against Miami HAS to be a game the Chiefs win. If for no other reason, than common opponent in case of a division tie.

IlovetheChiefs
11-07-2008, 06:51 PM
A question: The Eagles have never won a Super Bowl but they won the championship in 1960 before there were Super Bowls. Now if someone asks us how many championships we have won, we can say Super Bowl 4, of course. But can we also say 1962? We were the Dallas Texans that year. Then we became the Kansas City Chiefs in 1963. I'd say we can count 1962, since it was the same franchise and had players like our Len Dawson. Although the name wasn't the CHIEFS.

texaschief
11-07-2008, 07:38 PM
A question: The Eagles have never won a Super Bowl but they won the championship in 1960 before there were Super Bowls. Now if someone asks us how many championships we have won, we can say Super Bowl 4, of course. But can we also say 1962? We were the Dallas Texans that year. Then we became the Kansas City Chiefs in 1963. I'd say we can count 1962, since it was the same franchise and had players like our Len Dawson. Although the name wasn't the CHIEFS.

Yes. It's the same organization. As an organization, we have won one Super Bowl and one AFL Championship.

Canada
11-08-2008, 01:27 AM
We won the first ever SuperBowl!!

Darth CarlSatan
11-08-2008, 04:23 AM
It's impossible. There, I said it. :D Because there is no "this team" so far. "This team" is terribly inconsistent. Would it surprise me if San Diego rolls over us by 3 TD's this weekend? No. Would it surprise me if we pulled out a win? No. This team is so erratic and under coached, it's really not funny anymore. I say it's way too early to say what kind of team "this team" is right now. It would be awfully hard for the 2008 Chiefs to win any game on the road, when we blew a 23 point lead at home. I know it sucks, but it is what it is. Coaching and game management has also been bad and that hurts an already struggling team.

:funnypost:

By George I've got it! Herm has invented his own signature coaching style/method!
We're gonna' hit 'em with the 'Edwards Powerball'; 1 in 80-million odds of success! BRILLIANT!

chief31
11-08-2008, 11:09 AM
True. They've looked good. They'd probably be the best team in OUR division, that's for sure. Especially since they've already beaten our two division leaders. lol

But looking at the schedule, I think if you want to look at it as though the Chiefs have a shot at making the playoffs, the game against Miami HAS to be a game the Chiefs win. If for no other reason, than common opponent in case of a division tie.

I think that all of the remaining games would be considered in the same fashion.

We won the first ever SuperBowl!!

Actually, we lost the very first Super Bowl. We won the fourth one.:D

Canada
11-08-2008, 11:21 AM
I think that all of the remaining games would be considered in the same fashion.

Actually, we lost the very first Super Bowl. We won the fourth one.:D

Actually, the SuperBowl was not named the Superbowl until the 4th AFL/NFL championship game. Chiefs vs Minnesota. The first three games were later name SuperBowls I,II and III :D

chief31
11-08-2008, 11:29 AM
Actually, the SuperBowl was not named the Superbowl until the 4th AFL/NFL championship game. Chiefs vs Minnesota. The first three games were later name SuperBowls I,II and III :D

Ohhhh.

Canada
11-08-2008, 11:31 AM
Ohhhh.

I have won a lot of beer betting people they don't know who won the first ever superbowl!! :bananen_smilies046:

chief31
11-08-2008, 11:37 AM
I have won a lot of beer betting people they don't know who won the first ever superbowl!! :bananen_smilies046:

I just assumed you were being a big dumb Canadian again. :lol:

Canada
11-08-2008, 11:40 AM
I just assumed you were being a big dumb Canadian again. :lol:

I was, but I outsmarted you! puny American!! :yahoo:

Sn@keIze
11-08-2008, 04:19 PM
Heres one for you Canada:

Who coined the term "Superbowl"?

Bike
11-08-2008, 07:26 PM
Anheiser Busch?

Hayvern
11-08-2008, 08:30 PM
Anheiser Busch?

Sorry Bike, your Chiefs Fan Card has been revoked.

You cannot be a Chiefs fan unless you know who came up with the term "Super Bowl"!

Looking it up on the Internet does not count!

Bike
11-08-2008, 08:55 PM
Sorry Bike, your Chiefs Fan Card has been revoked.

You cannot be a Chiefs fan unless you know who came up with the term "Super Bowl"!

Looking it up on the Internet does not count!
Dammit man!!!???:toast2:

Canada
11-08-2008, 09:43 PM
Heres one for you Canada:

Who coined the term "Superbowl"?

Lamar Hunt

tammietailgator
11-09-2008, 01:01 AM
Lamar coined the name Super bowl....... Chiefs won the first SB and if we still have a chance at the playoffs this year.... then we still have a chance to win the Super Bowl! I am all for that! :bananen_smilies046:

Big Daddy Tek
11-09-2008, 01:16 AM
First of all Lamar did coin the term "Super Bowl. " But I bet many of you dont know how he thought of it. His children had a "superball." One of those crazy mini blue balls that would bounce all over the place. Anyway thats how he thought of it. Second of all, Is my thread subject so boring that we turned it into a Super Bowl invention thread and then a Polotics thread. Geeze, sorry for mentioning Chiefs and Playoffs together.

Sn@keIze
11-09-2008, 01:43 AM
First of all Lamar did coin the term "Super Bowl. " But I bet many of you dont know how he thought of it. His children had a "superball." One of those crazy mini blue balls that would bounce all over the place. Anyway thats how he thought of it. Second of all, Is my thread subject so boring that we turned it into a Super Bowl invention thread and then a Polotics thread. Geeze, sorry for mentioning Chiefs and Playoffs together.I hate blue balls:D

And to answer your 2nd question...............NO! your thread is not boring. This is just another example of why the Political thread should be YANKED!!

Spare me your answers Mods...like, "oh we allow all sorts of subjects and BLAH BLAH BLAH"

Hayvern
11-09-2008, 01:52 AM
First of all Lamar did coin the term "Super Bowl. " But I bet many of you dont know how he thought of it. His children had a "superball." One of those crazy mini blue balls that would bounce all over the place. Anyway thats how he thought of it. Second of all, Is my thread subject so boring that we turned it into a Super Bowl invention thread and then a Polotics thread. Geeze, sorry for mentioning Chiefs and Playoffs together.

Its not boring, just a little unrealistic.

Actually, up until the Bucs game I had a thought that we might make the playoffs. There is a possibility if we beat everyone in our division between now and the end of the year... but even then that is a stretch.

Sn@keIze
11-09-2008, 02:39 AM
No matter what, the AFC West is so terrible that whoever does make the playoffs is going to get hammered.

Honestly, Can you see any of these teams going up against the Steelers, Titans, Jacksonville, Bills, maybel Colts. (considering those teams did make playoffs).

Still, making the playoffs is still cool and something to be proud of.

chief31
11-09-2008, 08:58 AM
I hate blue balls:D

And to answer your 2nd question...............NO! your thread is not boring. This is just another example of why the Political thread should be YANKED!!

Spare me your answers Mods...like, "oh we allow all sorts of subjects and BLAH BLAH BLAH"

Actually, I don't see how you could view it as political topics coming into regular threads supports your concept of eliminating the political thread.

In fact, if we didn't have place for political discussions, then it would find it's way into more threads.

As is, I can move those political posts into a thread, whereas you would have them all deleted, I am guessing.

People are going to discuss politics, no matter what. No matter what kind of forum you go to, you are going to have political discussions.

You'll just have to get used to it.

As for the topic, it just isn't going to happen. I do feel like we might actually be able to win a game or two, if we are able to continue to protect our QB.

But playoffs? No.:D

Sn@keIze
11-09-2008, 02:31 PM
In fact, if we didn't have place for political discussions, then it would find it's way into more threads.
OMG! I see.

Keep the political thread!!!:sign0098: