PDA

View Full Version : Time for some TG Reality(gather 'round the soapbox)

Darth CarlSatan
11-06-2008, 11:34 PM
I'm going to assume that in an ideal world, we would all like to see Tony stick around and finish up in Kansas City.

If you're a Chiefs fan who doesn't care, or if you see juicy, tantalizing draft options in exchange for Tony's services elsewhere; this post is not for you. You will gain nor lose anything from it.

Here we are, four games past our only victory this year. When the Denver game was over, we were riding high and we were a TEAM! YAY!!!

And then something "horrible" happened( GASP! ):
The only proven Champion, and single-handed carrier of the Apple Cart, more often than not in useless seasons past, suddenly became "not a team player" in the eyes of every RUBE in the sports media and in the Arrowhead Nation.

WHAT HAS THIS MAN EVER ASKED FOR BESIDES BEING COMPENSATED FOR BRINGING THE HIGHEST LEVEL OF PLAY AT HIS POSITION TO THE SAD CLUSTERF*CK THAT IS POST-MARTY ARROWHEAD???

AND DON'T YOU DARE MENTION THE NAME OF DICK VERMEIL TO ME;
HALF A TEAM IS NOT A TEAM, AND I AM NOT GONNA' HEAR IT!

TONY GONZALES HAS BEEN NOTHING BUT STAND-UP FOR THIS TEAM, AND FOR THE CITY OF KANSAS CITY SINCE
DAY ONE.
WHAT IN THE MERRY, HAPPY HELL DID HERMAN EDWARDS EVER GIVE YOU THAT WAS EVEN CLOSE?
ANSWER:
NOT A DAMN THING.
AND YOU, AND EVERYBODY ELSE, RIDING HIGH ON A WIN,
TURNED YOUR BACK ON TONY.
ALL THE MAN WANTED, WAS TO REACH HIS PERSONAL MILESTONE IN THE HOUSE THAT HE LOVES, AMONG THE FANS AND THE FAMILY THAT HE PLAYS FOR AND LOVES AS WELL.
I WAS NEVER SO DISGUSTED IN MY LIFE WITH FELLOW CHIEFS FANS AND THE LOCAL SPORTS MEDIA; IT WAS ABSOLUTELY SICKENING.
I want Tony to stay on this team. And if you want the same thing, you better wake up and RECOGNIZE Who's who, and what's what.
Who contributes, and who just collects a paycheck.

Seek
11-07-2008, 09:08 AM
I am not sure what you are ranting for. Who turned their back on TG?

chief31
11-07-2008, 09:16 AM
I am not sure what you are ranting for. Who turned their back on TG?

I think he's drunk. :lol:

hardcorechiefsfan
11-07-2008, 09:23 AM
I'm going to assume that in an ideal world, we would all like to see Tony stick around and finish up in Kansas City.

If you're a Chiefs fan who doesn't care, or if you see juicy, tantalizing draft options in exchange for Tony's services elsewhere; this post is not for you. You will gain nor lose anything from it.

Here we are, four games past our only victory this year. When the Denver game was over, we were riding high and we were a TEAM! YAY!!!

The only proven Champion, and single-handed carrier of the Apple Cart, more often than not in useless seasons past, suddenly became "not a team player" in the eyes of every RUBE in the sports media and in the Arrowhead Nation.

WHAT HAS THIS MAN EVER ASKED FOR BESIDES BEING COMPENSATED FOR BRINGING THE HIGHEST LEVEL OF PLAY AT HIS POSITION TO THE SAD CLUSTERF*CK THAT IS POST-MARTY ARROWHEAD???

TONY GONZALES HAS BEEN NOTHING BUT STAND-UP FOR THIS TEAM, AND FOR THE CITY OF KANSAS CITY SINCE
DAY ONE.
WHAT IN THE MERRY, HAPPY HELL DID HERMAN EDWARDS EVER GIVE YOU THAT WAS EVEN CLOSE?
ANSWER:
NOT A DAMN THING.
ALL THE MAN WANTED, WAS TO REACH HIS PERSONAL MILESTONE IN THE HOUSE THAT HE LOVES, AMONG THE FANS AND THE FAMILY THAT HE PLAYS FOR AND LOVES AS WELL.
I WAS NEVER SO DISGUSTED IN MY LIFE WITH FELLOW CHIEFS FANS AND THE LOCAL SPORTS MEDIA; IT WAS ABSOLUTELY SICKENING.
I want Tony to stay on this team. And if you want the same thing, you better wake up and RECOGNIZE Who's who, and what's what.

Your rant was lovely but what is it about? And what is this about Dick Vermiel? He is from years ago.
What I do understand is that Tony G. was never a chief just for the paycheck. I recognised that he was always playing his best especially when the rest of the team was having an "off" day. Of course we know that it became a regular thing for the rest of the team to be "off".Tony Gonzalez has the biggest chiefs' heart, he loves the chiefs!

P.S. - I don't envy the headache you will have when you wake up.

Seek
11-07-2008, 12:51 PM
Your rant was lovely but what is it about? And what is this about Dick Vermiel? He is from years ago.
What I do understand is that Tony G. was never a chief just for the paycheck. I recognised that he was always playing his best especially when the rest of the team was having an "off" day. Of course we know that it became a regular thing for the rest of the team to be "off".Tony Gonzalez has the biggest chiefs' heart, he loves the chiefs!

P.S. - I don't envy the headache you will have when you wake up.

I will disagree slighlty... Tony is a player playing for a paycheck, the love of the game and for himself.

I don't have a problem with Tony, but he does distance himself from the Chiefs and KC every off season. He is a California boy, and only does what he is expected to keep himself ready for the season. Playing for the Chiefs is his job and he is paid well for it. He did hold out asking for WR money when Carl franchised him as a TE. He got his money and he has been happy. He is alsoa model employee who gives 100% all the time beause he is a competitive guy who wants to win. But he does play for a paycheck.

Will Shields was a pure Chief through and through. He had the same intangibles as TG but claimed KC as his home, and he still does.

Chiefster
11-07-2008, 01:21 PM

DAY ONE.
ANSWER:
NOT A DAMN THING.

Really Darth, say what's on your mind already and quit beating around the bush! :11: :lol:

Sn@keIze
11-07-2008, 01:34 PM
:sign0153: Nobody turned their back on Tony.

If you want TG to stay then your a Chiefs fan because hes awesome.

If you want TG to go your still a Chiefs fan because you appreciate what he has done and would like to see him get a ring.

Its OK Darth, I start drinking this early sometimes too.

Darth CarlSatan
11-07-2008, 02:54 PM
Back Turners Were/Are:

Anyone who got on the Sports Press/Edwards "Tony's wrong on this one, you don't take the risk in that game, gotta' do what's right for the team, blah-blah-blah-VOMIT"-band wagon.

Does Tony have to stay in KC all year, in the off season too, to be a "True Chief"? If you were Tony, and had Tony's high profile and friend list, would YOU stick around shoveling snow in the post season and sweating your gnads off before camp in the summer?
That isn't even a valid debate. Tony's been running in high profile circles a lot longer than LJ, and between the two of them I think it's pretty clear who has handled it better.

Now; I was not drunk and/or drinking when I posted this.
And, I'm not debating this post either. I've put in my two cents, said my piece, and that's ALL i'm going to do with this thread. No replys, no more. When I see responses to this thread in my inbox, straight to File 13 they go.

Canada
11-07-2008, 04:40 PM
I like Tony and he will be a Chief next year. File that sh!t!!

nigeriannightmare
11-07-2008, 06:32 PM
Sports pundits/announcers did say Tony was showing poor leadership in asking for a trade. They said it was a bad example for the younger guys. Guy has broken every tight end record to break, and has yet to win a playoff game. I don't blame him and if he does get traded, i hope it's to a NFC team, it'll be easier to cheer for him.

okikcfan
11-07-2008, 08:13 PM
I don't feel Tony will be traded. The best offer we got was a second round, Tony is worth much more than a second round pick, but no one was willing to fulfill the contract or couldn't. He'll be here next year. LJ on the other hand we can't even give him away.

okikcfan
11-07-2008, 08:19 PM
Sports pundits/announcers did say Tony was showing poor leadership in asking for a trade. They said it was a bad example for the younger guys. Guy has broken every tight end record to break, and has yet to win a playoff game. I don't blame him and if he does get traded, i hope it's to a NFC team, it'll be easier to cheer for him.

Puck'em all. When you work your entire career for the one thing every player dreams of and your getting up there in age, I for one feel it's only fair to give him a shot at that dream. He'll always and forever be a GREAT LEADER, a GREAT SPORTSMAN and a CHIEF!!