PDA

View Full Version : 2 point conversion

slc chief
11-09-2008, 07:24 PM
what the hell herm you clown this just proves you do not have a clue

Seek
11-09-2008, 07:33 PM
what the hell herm you clown this just proves you do not have a clue

I read his lips right before the TD. Lets go for two. Gunther and everyone around him was smiling and agreeing with him.

jmlamerson
11-09-2008, 07:35 PM
I read his lips right before the TD. Lets go for two. Gunther and everyone around him was smiling and agreeing with him.

I wonder if Gailey was on board?

ASDF
I was so happy Herm went for it. He needs to prove that he is not a conservative coach. I don't care about the loss. I could not be happier with today's performance.

JMDChiefs58
I'm glad Herm went for two, he finally shpowed some guts. With our defense very banged up why not go for it. I actually gained some respect for Herm today.

I still want him gone, but I don't mind the call.

slc chief
11-09-2008, 07:36 PM
I was so happy Herm went for it. He needs to prove that he is not a conservative coach. I don't care about the loss. I could not be happier with today's performance.

stupid a## call look where it got us

jmlamerson
11-09-2008, 07:36 PM

Herm Edwards has snatched defeat from the jaws of victory three weeks in a row. I feel nothing but contempt for those who support him.

Seek
11-09-2008, 07:37 PM
I wonder if Gailey was on board?

I am sure he was. He probably already had the play picked out that already failed earlier.

jmlamerson
11-09-2008, 07:38 PM
I'm glad Herm went for two, he finally shpowed some guts. With our defense very banged up why not go for it. I actually gained some respect for Herm today.

I still want him gone, but I don't mind the call.

1. It took our offense three tries to get one yard for the TD.

2. Our running game is not feared.

3. We could move the ball on the Chargers D.

Only a complete imbecile would go for two instead of flipping the coin.

jmlamerson
11-09-2008, 07:39 PM
I am sure he was. He probably already had the play picked out that already failed earlier.

The earlier play was a muffed snap. Not a preplanned two-point play.

Hayvern
11-09-2008, 07:39 PM
Yeah, hate him if he misses it, love him if he does. Coming from the second biggest Herm Hater on this board, I do not blame him for going for it.

tornadospotter
11-09-2008, 07:41 PM
Well to try to change one's image by this call, wrong way to do it.

slc chief
11-09-2008, 07:42 PM
Yeah, hate him if he misses it, love him if he does. Coming from the second biggest Herm Hater on this board, I do not blame him for going for it.

screw herm for going for it i would take eighty yards of defense if we did not get the ball rather than that dumbass play what an idiot fyi that is three in a row enough is enough

jmlamerson
11-09-2008, 07:43 PM

If he made it, I'd still hate him.

I can say, without even a slight exaggeration, that the difference between 1-8 and 4-5 is Herm F'N Edwards.

Hayvern
11-09-2008, 07:45 PM
If he made it, I'd still hate him.

I can say, without even a slight exaggeration, that the difference between 1-8 and 4-4 is Herm F'N Edwards.

No argument there, but still... It was the right call.

jmlamerson
11-09-2008, 07:47 PM
No argument there, but still... It was the right call.

No. It took the Chiefs three tries from the 1 yard line to get in position to tie the game. The Chiefs do not have a running game to punch the ball in. Both defenses are worn out. Any decent coach ties the game here and prays for the best on the coin flip. He doesn't go for two.

tornadospotter
11-09-2008, 07:52 PM
No. It took the Chiefs three tries from the 1 yard line to get in position to tie the game. The Chiefs do not have a running game to punch the ball in. Both defenses are worn out. Any decent coach ties the game here and prays for the best on the coin flip. He doesn't go for two.
I agree!!!!

Hayvern
11-09-2008, 07:52 PM

OK we are just going to have to disagree on this one.

teamcool68
11-09-2008, 07:57 PM
No. It took the Chiefs three tries from the 1 yard line to get in position to tie the game. The Chiefs do not have a running game to punch the ball in. Both defenses are worn out. We lost the game thanks to our defense of recent acquisitions and a games worth of exhaustion. Any decent coach goes for two and prays for the best. He doesn't go for overtime.

this is the quote we'd see from 95% of chief fans given herm edwards went for OT and still lost thanks to a coint flip.

Coach
11-09-2008, 07:57 PM
I agree with the call. It's easy to second guess. But I like giving your guys a chance to win instead of leaving it to a coinflip. If we lose the coinflip, the defense is in shambles due to injuries and we lose the game. If we win the coinflip, we still have to drive the length of the field. Considering the Chiefs punted 4 of the last 5 possessions, I think he made the right call.

I am happy with the Chiefs performance again this week. I wish they had gotten the win, but thems the breaks. If we can get the defense healthy, this team will win some games. No doubt in my mind.

Coach
11-09-2008, 07:58 PM
Oh and I am officially on the Tyler Thigpen bandwagon.

teamcool68
11-09-2008, 08:01 PM
I agree with the call. It's easy to second guess. But I like giving your guys a chance to win instead of leaving it to a coinflip. If we lose the coinflip, the defense is in shambles due to injuries and we lose the game. If we win the coinflip, we still have to drive the length of the field. Considering the Chiefs punted 4 of the last 5 possessions, I think he made the right call.

I am happy with the Chiefs performance again this week. I wish they had gotten the win, but thems the breaks. If we can get the defense healthy, this team will win some games. No doubt in my mind.

hallelujah!

seconded on thigpen bandwagon. can't be thrilled enough to see a quarterback that can play as well as an emerging #2 receiver. let's say this team comes together and TG sticks with us a few more years. woo baby!

tornadospotter
11-09-2008, 08:02 PM
I always was! Glad to see him growing into what I belive he can and will be.

rustfan76
11-09-2008, 08:03 PM
Didn't the Chiefs stop SD to get the ball back and drive for that last TD, what makes you think they couldn't do it again in OT.

jmlamerson
11-09-2008, 08:04 PM
this is the quote we'd see from 95% of chief fans given herm edwards went for OT and still lost thanks to a coint flip.

I might begin to agree, if you could give me a single instance in NFL history when a fanbase booed the decision to take a game into overtime over going for two.

I couldn't think of one either.

rustfan76
11-09-2008, 08:08 PM
Just because you lose a coin flip doesn't mean you lose the game. Missing the 2 point conversion means you LOSE!

Nel Toille
11-09-2008, 08:10 PM
The only mistake made was Thigpen trying to force it in to Gonzo when Bradley had a chance to squeeze it in. It's okay though, he's young and he'll make that play the more experience he gets. If you blame Herm for this loss or the way the Chiefs have lost in the past two weeks, you're delusional. He HAD to make that call. You don't go on the road and expect to win in overtime with a defense as beat up as ours. It was clear that our offense didn't have too many big drives left either. Good call, Herm. Sorry it didn't work out. Some of you fans might not believe in what Herm is doing but the players obviously do and that's why they're playing better than any incarnation of this team has in recent past. You can look at our record and say we're a pitiful team and blame the coach etc. but if you can't see by now that the youth movement is starting to work, then you're blind.

Coach
11-09-2008, 08:12 PM
I miss the days when we could just send Priest over the top like we did in Oakland.

Coach
11-09-2008, 08:13 PM
The only mistake made was Thigpen trying to force it in to Gonzo when Bradley had a chance to squeeze it in. It's okay though, he's young and he'll make that play the more experience he gets. If you blame Herm for this loss or the way the Chiefs have lost in the past two weeks, you're delusional. He HAD to make that call. You don't go on the road and expect to win in overtime with a defense as beat up as ours. It was clear that our offense didn't have too many big drives left either. Good call, Herm. Sorry it didn't work out. Some of you fans might not believe in what Herm is doing but the players obviously do and that's why they're playing better than any incarnation of this team has in recent past. You can look at our record and say we're a pitiful team and blame the coach etc. but if you can't see by now that the youth movement is starting to work, then you're blind.

Exactly.

jmlamerson
11-09-2008, 08:16 PM

We may have the worst defense in the NFL. Despite a +9 advantage in turnovers and leads in the past three games as halftime, we're 0-3. Our OC is one of the best in the game and is making the offense work. Our HC and DC are doing their best to undo his good work.

That's what I see.

texaschief
11-09-2008, 08:19 PM
Didn't the Chiefs stop SD to get the ball back and drive for that last TD, what makes you think they couldn't do it again in OT.

400 total yards of offense, 4 scoring drives, 2 of which came just before that defensive stop and 5 drives of 45 yards or more might offer a clue.

Not to mention, it seems a little much to think a defense full of 3rd and 4th teamers could do that again after the game they just had.

Your offense had ONE first down the ENTIRE 2nd half before that scoring drive. You're on the road and 1-7. What is there to lose? If Gonzo isn't held on that play, he's wide open in the corner. Go watch the re-play. Why do you think he was so pissed? The call was the right one.

It really doesn't matter what he would've done at the end of the game, every Herm hater would've been on his *** regardless.

I wonder if you haters thought it was a bad decision for the Chiefs to go for two against the Raiders a few years ago when Vermeil was calling the game.... you know, the game they won? I doubt y'all hated that decision also. Except, they were at home with a much better record, a much better offense and a much better defense. But, they got the 2pts and everyone praised the decision. I bet y'all did too. Hypocrites.

Drunker Hillbilly
11-09-2008, 08:19 PM
If they lose the coin flip, they lose the game being SD had the ball for almost 35 mins.

tornadospotter
11-09-2008, 08:23 PM
You still have a better chance in overtime! How many 2 point attempts are actually made?

texaschief
11-09-2008, 08:23 PM
You still have a better chance in overtime! How many 2 point attempts are actually made?

A better chance... like last week?

jmlamerson
11-09-2008, 08:25 PM
400 total yards of offense, 4 scoring drives, 2 of which came just before that defensive stop and 5 drives of 45 yards or more might offer a clue.

Not to mention, it seems a little much to think a defense full of 3rd and 4th teamers could do that again after the game they just had.

Your offense had ONE first down the ENTIRE 2nd half before that scoring drive. You're on the road and 1-7. What is there to lose? If Gonzo isn't held on that play, he's wide open in the corner. Go watch the re-play. Why do you think he was so pissed? The call was the right one.

It really doesn't matter what he would've done at the end of the game, every Herm hater would've been on his *** regardless.

I wonder if you haters thought it was a bad decision for the Chiefs to go for two against the Raiders a few years ago when Vermeil was calling the game.... you know, the game they won? I doubt y'all hated that decision also. Except, they were at home with a much better record, a much better offense and a much better defense. But, they got the 2pts and everyone praised the decision. I bet y'all did too. Hypocrites.

Do you mean the game in Oakland where we had the best RB in the game to run the ball? Not this one, where we couldn't punch it in from the 1 with our outmatched RB corps.

It was an idiotic decision. Name one time - just one time - where a fan base booed because a coach took the game into overtime instead of going for two.

If we lost the coin flip, yeah, we probably lost the game. But our chance of winning th coin flip was higher than our getting the two-point conversion at the end of this game.

And yeah, I trust a SB winning coach with a winning record with a call like that instead of the mental midget whose now 1-18 over the past 19 games that we currently have on the sidelines.

jerhart
11-09-2008, 08:27 PM
A lot of people are jumping to the conclusion that we would have made the PAT....lets not forget about what happened on the first 2nd PAT of the game.

jmlamerson
11-09-2008, 08:27 PM
A better chance... like last week?

Do you mean last week, when our mental midget of a coach blew a 21 point lead?

I'll give Herm credit - he finds creative ways to blow games.

teamcool68
11-09-2008, 08:32 PM
Do you mean last week, when our mental midget of a coach blew a 21 point lead?

I'll give Herm credit - he finds creative ways to blow games.

i like how the defense of taking it to overtime rests on the fact that "not a single group of fans has ever booed taking it into overtime."

i wish i could hear every fan's opinion following an overtime loss.

texaschief
11-09-2008, 08:32 PM
Do you mean the game in Oakland where we had the best RB in the game to run the ball? Not this one, where we couldn't punch it in from the 1 with our outmatched RB corps.

It was an idiotic decision. Name one time - just one time - where a fan base booed because a coach took the game into overtime instead of going for two.

If we lost the coin flip, yeah, we probably lost the game. But our chance of winning th coin flip was higher than our getting the two-point conversion at the end of this game.

And yeah, I trust a SB winning coach with a winning record with a call like that instead of the mental midget whose now 1-18 over the past 19 games that we currently have on the sidelines.

lmao... exactly.

You WOULD think there's a better chance of winning a 50/50 coin toss, then driving 80 yards for a score with our offense and defense than a chance to score from the 2.

You've been railing all year long about how horrible this team and coaching is but yet, you're willing to let that horrible team and coaching staff take the game to overtime and give them more chances to make poor plays and poor decisions. You can't have it both ways. Either this team is horrible and has almost zero chance to win in overtime or the team is horrible and they have a little bit better than zero chance to score from the 2.

jmlamerson
11-09-2008, 08:38 PM
lmao... exactly.

You WOULD think there's a better chance of winning a 50/50 coin toss, then driving 80 yards for a score with our offense and defense than a chance to score from the 2.

You've been railing all year long about how horrible this team and coaching is but yet, you're willing to let that horrible team and coaching staff take the game to overtime and give them more chances to make poor plays and poor decisions. You can't have it both ways. Either this team is horrible and has almost zero chance to win in overtime or the team is horrible and they have a little bit better than zero chance to score from the 2.

1. We would only have to drive into FG range.

2. Our chance of going the 40-50 yards for a field goal are a whole lot better than doing what we weren't able to do that last drive - go two yards in one play.

3. When you have a great RB who can run for two yards, you might go for two. When you don't have RBs who can rush for two yards, then you don't. Is this hard to understand?

4. Our offense is a whole lot better than it used to be, thanks to Gailey getting to open the playbook, signing Bradley, starting Thigpen, and getting that gimp Croyle finally off the team.

So, I take it you couldn't come up with one instance of a HC being booed for going for OT?

IlovetheChiefs
11-09-2008, 08:39 PM
Horrible decision to go for 2, IMO. In week one when we were 1st and goal trailing the Patsies 17-10, someone here asked, "If we get the td, go for 2?" I said, "NO WAY!" I can't believe Herm actually did that very thing in this case. Sure, if it had been successful we would have won and I'd be celebrating the victory. But I would not be praising Herm for the decision; I'd still be saying, "Well it worked, but I think it was insane to try such a thing."

It's also such a shame the 2nd qtr. extra point was botched, or we wouldn't have gone through this. Amazing how things keep happening to keep us in this excruciating slide that is now 1-17 in the last 18 games.

But the good news, of course, is we have only lost by 4,3, and 1 points respectively in the last 3 games. (Heck, the Rams lost 47-3 to the same Jets we nearly beat). We're not having games anymore like the Rams and Lions did today. And Thigpen did wonderful once again. Good times are ahead for the Chiefs!

frazier1te
11-09-2008, 08:41 PM

Then call me blind... But you might want to get YOUR eyes checked...

Big Daddy Tek
11-09-2008, 08:42 PM
Our defensive was on crutches. Going for two was the only call. You guys would be pissed either way. Shut up.

jmlamerson
11-09-2008, 08:51 PM
Our defensive was on crutches. Going for two was the only call. You guys would be pissed either way. Shut up.

Hey Big Daddy Tek, why don't you shut the f*** up?

For the past three weeks, we've watched Herm Edwards blow leads and lose winnable games through terrible calls. Still people suuport him.

Our defense is the lousy defense he put together. Is it the worst in the league? Definitely. Would it be the worst defense in the league if it were 100% healthy? Definitely.

frazier1te
11-09-2008, 08:52 PM
lmao... exactly.

Why can't it be both? Because I think this team is both.

And you need to get your facts straight, you don't have to drive it 80 yards for a TD, you only have to go about 50 yards for a doable FG.

The bottom line is, you give yourself the BEST chance to win the game, and going for the two points wasn't it.

It makes me laugh when I see people say things like "you can't assume you are going to make the extra point kick". Yes... you can. It's about a 99.5% guaranteed play in the NFL. Just do it and go into OT.

teamcool68
11-09-2008, 08:53 PM
"Hey Big Daddy Tek, why don't you shut the f*** up?

For the past three weeks, we've watched Herm Edwards blow leads and lose winnable games through terrible calls. Still people suuport him."

lol wow.

wow.

Three7s
11-09-2008, 08:54 PM
Wow, just wow. Who in the WORLD thinks we'd win the game if we didn't get the coin flip? No one should be even close to arguing us stopping them in OT!

We don't get it in from the 1 in 2 tries, then we get it on an incredible catch by TG. We get moved back a yard and have one chance with a 2-point conversion, when we just failed to get it 2 times!? Sorry, but I'll take a 1/2 chance with the coin flip, rather than a 1/3 chance.

jmlamerson
11-09-2008, 08:57 PM
Wow, just wow. Who in the WORLD thinks we'd win the game if we didn't get the coin flip? No one should be even close to arguing us stopping them in OT!

We don't get it in from the 1 in 2 tries, then we get it on an incredible catch by TG. We get moved back a yard and have one chance with a 2-point conversion, when we just failed to get it 2 times!? Sorry, but I'll take a 1/2 chance with the coin flip, rather than a 1/3 chance.

Exactly what this guy said.

texaschief
11-09-2008, 09:07 PM
1. We would only have to drive into FG range.
We did this how many times in the 2nd half?
2. Our chance of going the 40-50 yards for a field goal are a whole lot better than doing what we weren't able to do that last drive - go two yards in one play.
I have no doubt you believe this. That doesn't make you right though. sorry.
3. When you have a great RB who can run for two yards, you might go for two. When you don't have RBs who can rush for two yards, then you don't. Is this hard to understand?
So, you think the only way to get a 2 point conversion is to have a franchise RB? In your mind, run plays are the only successful 2pt plays, huh? :lol:
4. Our offense is a whole lot better than it used to be, thanks to Gailey getting to open the playbook, signing Bradley, starting Thigpen, and getting that gimp Croyle finally off the team.
Agreed. The fact remains though, that the Chiefs only had ONE first down the entire 2nd half before the TD. Also, you're argument is still relying on the hope that the Chiefs win the toss. There's no way that defense who was already gassed, comes up with another stand in overtime. They did good enough just getting the ball back in time for the Chiefs to drive and score.
So, I take it you couldn't come up with one instance of a HC being booed for going for OT?
This is just dumb. When you're at home with a healthy team who's been at the very least getting first downs, you play for overtime.

Not when you're on the road giving up 400 yards of offense, letting the other team keep the ball for the majority of the game and hoping your 3rd and 4th team, off the street free agents who haven't had a whole week of practice defense can keep the 6th ranked passing defense from driving (what was it you said, 40-50 yards) into field goal range. OR when you have an offense who doesn't have a rushing attack and who has only been able to manage 1 first down the first 28 minutes of the 2nd half.

But guess what, the Chiefs, have both.

What happens if the Chiefs actually DO win the toss? Now, they're going AGAINST the wind, so that takes out your 40-50 yard theory for a field goal. What happens if the Chiefs go 3-out like they did for the majority of the first half, then they punt against the wind to the Charger's 40 (not including a run-back)? What are you on here spewing? My guess is that Herm is gutless, too conservative and is a horrible coach... *shocking*

jmlamerson
11-09-2008, 09:12 PM
So, you think the only way to get a 2 point conversion is to have a franchise RB? In your mind, run plays are the only successful 2pt plays, huh? :lol:

We're never going to agree, but I had to tackle this one point. Without a significant running threat, you have very little chance of converting a two-point conversion. You don't have to run, but without that threat, the defense can cover most of the endzone without fear.

I do like how you've (finally) come off the Croyle bandwagon.

Three7s
11-09-2008, 09:12 PM
What happens if the Chiefs actually DO win the toss? Now, they're going AGAINST the wind, so that takes out your 40-50 yard theory for a field goal. What happens if the Chiefs go 3-out like they did for the majority of the first half, then they punt against the wind to the Charger's 40 (not including a run-back)? What are you on here spewing? My guess is that Herm is gutless, too conservative and is a horrible coach... *shocking*
Well, if we go 3 and out, then that's that. Of course, I'm sure some would be spewing. Also, I think you mean the 2nd half.

texaschief
11-09-2008, 09:16 PM

For the past three weeks, we've watched Herm Edwards blow leads and lose winnable games through terrible calls. Still people suuport him.

Our defense is the lousy defense he put together. Is it the worst in the league? Definitely. Would it be the worst defense in the league if it were 100% healthy? Definitely.

How are you not banned yet?

texaschief
11-09-2008, 09:17 PM
We're never going to agree, but I had to tackle this one point. Without a significant running threat, you have very little chance of converting a two-point conversion. You don't have to run, but without that threat, the defense can cover most of the endzone without fear.

I do like how you've (finally) come off the Croyle bandwagon.

I was never "ON" the Croyle bandwagon. But at the beginning of the season, he DID represent the best chance this team had to win a game.

jmlamerson
11-09-2008, 09:21 PM
How are you not banned yet? You're a jackass.

Thankfully, no one cares even slightly about your opinions about anything.

Oh, I forgot you founded websites and submitted commentaries and stuff.

You also put up a spirited defense of the Chiefs defense - you know, the one that's cost us the past three games.

jap1
11-09-2008, 09:23 PM

You forget that our secondary couldnt stop the Chargers all night. I am not supporting the call, or criticizing it. My position is that we shouldnt have been there in the first place.

I find it hilarious that everyone criticizes Herm if he plays conservative and loses. And then he takes a chance and everyone still criticizes him.

texaschief
11-09-2008, 09:24 PM
Thankfully, no one cares even slightly about your opinions about anything.

Oh, I forgot you founded websites and submitted commentaries and stuff.

You also put up a spirited defense of the Chiefs defense - you know, the one that's cost us the past three games.

When are you going to come out and just say you're actually a Raiders fan? If this team is so bad, with awful talent, awful coaching etc... how the hell did you become a Chiefs' fan? Especially since you've only been a fan for a year. How does that work? You look at the teams, see who's been losing the majority of their games and say, "that's my new team?"

Idiot.

jap1
11-09-2008, 09:39 PM

Im new to this site, but it is sh!t like this that makes people not want to post here and bounce their ideas off of other people. Stuff like that drives people away from forums. You need to check your emotions buddy.

I am not a Herm defender, but I do not argue that call. We should have never been there to begin with. But going into OT at an away game with 30mph gusts with a defense that was giving up yardage in huge chunks ... thats not a position I would like to be in.

kcchiefs4life
11-09-2008, 09:46 PM
I think the bottom line is Herm Edwards = Douche.

I think we can all agree on that. There is no reason to fight with each other over the call or what people thought about the game. It is over and done with. We did learn a lot about some new players that played very well, especially since some of them just played their first game.
I am upset too,k but its not worth coming in ehre and talking smack to other fans. Everyone is allowed to their opinion. Like I said, it all comes back to the bottom line....Herm is a douche.

Coach
11-09-2008, 09:50 PM

You are way out of line. If you want to stay a part of this site, then I'd suggest that you get a grip in a big way. PM sent.

This goes for everyone. Personal attacks are not allowed. And the cussing with *** and other characters is getting old. Let's discuss Chiefs football like adults.

Coach
11-09-2008, 09:50 PM
Im new to this site, but it is sh!t like this that makes people not want to post here and bounce their ideas off of other people. Stuff like that drives people away from forums. You need to check your emotions buddy.

Exactly.

Darth CarlSatan
11-09-2008, 09:59 PM
No way would I have put that defense back on the field.
No way, no how.

This was the Offense's game to win AND lose; kudos to Herm and Chan for showing some stones for a change.

Three7s
11-09-2008, 10:10 PM
Everyone's missing the point. We all know we'd lose the game if we don't get the coin flip, I just don't like a 1/3 chance to win the game.

Coach
11-09-2008, 10:12 PM
Everyone's missing the point. We all know we'd lose the game if we don't get the coin flip, I just don't like a 1/3 chance to win the game.

We convert or we don't. 50%.

Three7s
11-09-2008, 10:13 PM
It took 3 tries to get it in from the 1. I'd go with those odds for the 2-points, as well.

Darth CarlSatan
11-09-2008, 10:29 PM

We score the 2 or we don't; 50%.

jap1
11-09-2008, 10:30 PM
It took 3 tries to get it in from the 1. I'd go with those odds for the 2-points, as well.

To argue along those same lines, how many scoring drives did we have? The Chiefs had 10 posessions, only three scores, thats less than 1/3. So it would be wrong to assume that we had a better chance to get the ball back and drive down with the wind in our faces to score.

texaschief
11-09-2008, 10:34 PM
Again, it took Gonzo getting held during his route for the play to not work. too bad it wasn't called. Then, we could've gotten 2 shots. :lol:

But, they didn't throw the flag. What else do you expect from the refs who flagged us for holding on a 3rd down incompletion on a drive that, because of that call, led to the go-ahead TD. And, a crew that decided to review BOTH close call catches the Chiefs made, but when a review would've helped Bowe on a long incompletion, they didn't. I'm just saying, even though it was a blatant hold in the back of the endzone, i feel ridiculous even WISHING they had thrown the flag.

AkChief49
11-09-2008, 10:49 PM
a botched snap for pat. Who's fault is that? Also, do we win the last 3 games if LJ is in the lineup? losing the last 3 games by total of 8 points...frustrating, but at the same time encouraging

Darth CarlSatan
11-09-2008, 10:51 PM
Again, it took Gonzo getting held during his route for the play to not work. too bad it wasn't called. Then, we could've gotten 2 shots. :lol:

But, they didn't throw the flag. What else do you expect from the refs who flagged us for holding on a 3rd down incompletion on a drive that, because of that call, led to the go-ahead TD. And, a crew that decided to review BOTH close call catches the Chiefs made, but when a review would've helped Bowe on a long incompletion, they didn't. I'm just saying, even though it was a blatant hold in the back of the endzone, i feel ridiculous even WISHING they had thrown the flag.

We ALWAYS get burned on the road by the refs. Always.

TRB05
11-09-2008, 10:59 PM

Ummmmm.....What? We could move the ball so lets kick it when we are 2 yards from victory. Strange logic here.

I disagree completely. Any decent coach does not "pray" for a coinflip to go his way when he could just let his players make a play to win a game. They were in position to win, they didn't do it. They are young, it will come with time.

jmlamerson
11-09-2008, 11:05 PM
They are young, it will come with time.

It will come with a new coach.

TRB05
11-09-2008, 11:11 PM

I know this is a different situation and all but, about 3-4 years ago, every Missouri Tigers fan I knew was calling for Gary Pinkel's firing. A few alumni I know actually went so far as to call Mike Alden and threaten to stop donating. Alden stuck it out, and now all I hear are praises (deservedly so).

Just have some patience, I agree Herm is not the best coach to ever put on a headset, but I really think he can be successful.

I just wish they had blown up the team when he got here instead of waiting 2 years.

jmlamerson
11-09-2008, 11:16 PM
I know this is a different situation and all but, about 3-4 years ago, every Missouri Tigers fan I knew was calling for Gary Pinkel's firing. A few alumni I know actually went so far as to call Mike Alden and threaten to stop donating. Alden stuck it out, and now all I hear are praises (deservedly so).

Just have some patience, I agree Herm is not the best coach to ever put on a headset, but I really think he can be successful.

I just wish they had blown up the team when he got here instead of waiting 2 years.

I will admit to anyone that I am not enthused with the direction of the team. I think Chan Gailey and Tyler Thigpen have the offense vastly overachieving, even though the talent level isn't there. I think the defense is playing just at its talent level.

I think the big problem is that the GM and HC have conspired to strip the team of all of its talent. Herm isn't Gary Pinkel. He's more Isiah Thomas.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. If any starter on our defense is still starting for the Chiefs in five years, I'll eat my hat.

Chiefster
11-09-2008, 11:58 PM
As stated before, many times, Herm's an idiot. Who knows what goes on inside the huge mellon of his.

chief31
11-10-2008, 12:59 AM
I've got to say, I couldn't agree with the call more. I may think Herm is garbage as a coach, but he hit on this 50/50 call.

I have heard it plenty of times..."At home, you play for OT. On the road, you go for the win."

This would also explain why the crowd doesn't boo the decision, if it is the opponenrts' crowd.

As much as I want Herm gone, this single call gets my support.

The offensive line continues to impress. I have no clue how those same two puds on the right side of our line are suddenly looking like NFL players.

Hell, they have been looking like good NFL players, even. I am actually starting to gain confidence in them.

For the record, Tosh has had a bit of my confidence before, but tends to give it back to me. :D

Anyway, this was the right call. Last week we were ripping him for not having any guts when we ran it three times, and punted. And now we are cursing his guts, for going for the win?

I didn't really climb on with the complaints about that play-calling last week, and I certainly can't climb on this week.

He is a terrible Head Coach, but he showed some guts. (Finally.) I don't have to hate his every decision to know that he is a tool.

Besides, he is still 1-8 on the season. And he is responsible for that.

Sn@keIze
11-10-2008, 04:50 AM
Going for 2 was the right call.

Had we kicked the tie (considering he doesnt miss again) and gone to OT and lose, some of you would be saying "Herm you Coward, we are 1-7 you gotta go for it"! Thats what Id be sayin for sure. We all complain and gripe bout Herm not havin guts and to show some backbone, not be conservative......well, you just got it.

Im happy to see some guts on this coaching staff. And the coaches are getting to see what happens when you take the leash off Thig and let em fly.

We are actually in these games, competing, not gettin blown out. I know we are 1-8, but its a step in the right direction.

JMDChiefs58
11-10-2008, 08:41 AM

People have been crying for weeks that Herm has no balls and is too conservative. So he shows some balls and goes for the win, big deal it didn't work out. The team was 1-7 when he made the call, now they are 1-8 and were never going to the playoffs. If the two point conversion was successful you would all be calling Herm a genius.
I’m not supporting Herm, as I’ve said before he is a losing coach and should be fired at the end of the season if not sooner, but I have no problem with that call.

Seek
11-10-2008, 09:01 AM
The earlier play was a muffed snap. Not a preplanned two-point play.

NO I am talking about the play they used on the 2 point conversion. It failed once already trying to score a TD when we were on the one. It was broken play just like the 2 point conversion.

Seek
11-10-2008, 09:03 AM

Coming from the biggest Herm Hater on the board. I like the call. I didn't yesterday but I do today. The Chiefs are 1-7. It gave the ball to a young player and told him to win the game. Unfortunately the play sucked and he didn't get a good chance at doing so.

Seek
11-10-2008, 09:04 AM

What took you so long?

yashi
11-10-2008, 09:47 AM
I liked the call. 1-8, nothing to lose, conservative coach who needs to shed that label if he wants a chance at a job ever again, a QB having an excellent game.... why not?

You either win the game, or you don't get it, try an onside kick with 30 seconds left and still an outside chance, but likely lose. If the game goes to OT, the Chargers easily win if they win the toss... the Chiefs may or may not have won if they won the toss.

It was an obvious call in my opinion...

Onto the playcall... The designed bootleg was the most obvious call ever, and the Chargers sniffed it out from a mile away. A BETTER call would have been a designed QB run up the gut from a shotgun formation since the ends were cutting outside every play. It worked for Schaub and the Texans a few weeks ago if anyone saw that game, and Thigpen is 100x faster than Schaub.

chief wiggum
11-10-2008, 11:10 AM
The Chiefs should never been in a position to be in a 2 point conversion attempt. That pass interference call against Hart was ridiculous. We should have been feeling fortunate to have a 2 point play and Herm made the right decision to go for 2.
I wouldn't get too excited about 400 yards offense either, the Chargers are a sieve defensively.
Chiefs are making progress, we all knew they would not be contenders. Patience.

Canada
11-10-2008, 11:10 AM

YouTube - The Four Tops-It's The Same Old Song (great 1966 color clip)

Drunker Hillbilly
11-10-2008, 11:15 AM
Actually Chris Mortenson had some stats pulled for the post game show on ESPN and said they both (coin flip and 2 point conversion) were about 50%. Besides, your on the road. Go for the win if you have a shot at it!!!!!!

Hayvern
11-10-2008, 01:15 PM
Coming from the biggest Herm Hater on the board. I like the call. I didn't yesterday but I do today. The Chiefs are 1-7. It gave the ball to a young player and told him to win the game. Unfortunately the play sucked and he didn't get a good chance at doing so.

Sorry Seek, you are not even in the top three of Herm Haters on this board. The real true number one biggest Herm Hater has been absent for a while, but my heart still goes out to him.

You might be number four, but my money is actually on number 5 on the Herm Hater top 5 list.

Seek
11-10-2008, 03:47 PM
Sorry Seek, you are not even in the top three of Herm Haters on this board. The real true number one biggest Herm Hater has been absent for a while, but my heart still goes out to him.

You might be number four, but my money is actually on number 5 on the Herm Hater top 5 list.

Don't count me out, even though my name is not HH.. I could be right there... I just don't usually comment about it, and blame everything on Herm. I always view those type of people as shollow minded uneducated people. I don't want the reputation of being one of those constantly negative members. I am trying to be positive.

Trust me, my family knows where I stand, and I have converted them all to my side. No announcer can say one thing positive during a game about Herm without correcting them.

I already did the most I could by not renewing my season ticket vowing to never buy another one until he is fired. I still love this team, and I don't wish for our team to fail, but I do hope there is a way to still succeed and yet fail enough to fire Herm.

People like Thigpen are messing that up, but I love it.

Seek
11-10-2008, 03:54 PM
Actually Chris Mortenson had some stats pulled for the post game show on ESPN and said they both (coin flip and 2 point conversion) were about 50%. Besides, your on the road. Go for the win if you have a shot at it!!!!!!

The average completion of 2 point conversion in the NFL is about 39%. I believe 80% the teams who win the coin flip in over time, wins the game. So that would about balance out.

Out of the last four teams who went 2 win the game, 3 of the teams won. The Chiefs being the one team who lost.

nigeriannightmare
11-10-2008, 05:53 PM
[quote=Seek;105855]The average completion of 2 point conversion in the NFL is about 39%. I believe 80% the teams who win the coin flip in over time, wins the game. So that would about balance out.

Out of the last four teams who went 2 win the game, 3 of the teams won. The Chiefs being the one team who lost.[/quote

None of this would matter had we converted our point after. I can understand college kids misisng the gimme point after, but paid professonals. We win by 1 if we get that.

TRB05
11-10-2008, 06:11 PM
None of this would matter had we converted our point after. I can understand college kids misisng the gimme point after, but paid professonals. We win by 1 if we get that.

I don't like this argument because the Chargers would have probably gone for 2 to tie it when they scored with like 6-7 minutes to go.

Sn@keIze
11-10-2008, 06:56 PM
I don't like this argument because the Chargers would have probably gone for 2 to tie it when they scored with like 6-7 minutes to go.Doesnt mean they would make it tho.

The missed PAT hurts indeed!

nigeriannightmare
11-10-2008, 07:57 PM
I don't like this argument because the Chargers would have probably gone for 2 to tie it when they scored with like 6-7 minutes to go.

We missed a gimme, what argument is there? I dare say that the precentage on that has got to be iless than 1%.

Darth CarlSatan
11-10-2008, 08:24 PM
Doesnt mean they would make it tho.

Dont'cha just love it when the announcers see it coming, and it spells your doom at the end?
yayyyy...

TRB05
11-10-2008, 11:12 PM

Let me clarify - This is the part I have a problem with. If they made the earlier PAT, they don't automatically win the game by 1. In fact, I'd say a 1 point win is almost out of the question. There are too many "ifs" to say this so concretely.

Doesnt mean they would make it tho.

I agree it hurts, but to say we win if we make it is silly.

We missed a gimme, what argument is there? I dare say that the precentage on that has got to be iless than 1%.

I did the stats for last year 98.9% good, and this year it's 99.5%, so you are about right.

drstandley31
11-10-2008, 11:28 PM
Herm sits on a 7 point lead at the half when we have the ball and momentum and over a minute, and I think 2 time out, but 1 for sure. and Pi$$ed it away. Pi$$ed away a chance to hang 3 more on the board. That lost the game! Just coaching scared, then trying to make up for it by calling for 2 point conversion when it was stupid. No running game left, everybody knew they had to pass. just awful game management, and the players deserved better. much better.

TRB05
11-10-2008, 11:37 PM
I remember distinctly thinking that at least they weren't running it up the middle and punting at the end of the half. They didn't chuck it down the field 3 straight, but I don't think the "pi$$ed" it away.

Sn@keIze
11-11-2008, 12:13 AM
I agree it hurts, but to say we win if we make it is silly.

Nobody said we would win. But it puts it on the Chargers to make the 2 point to win the game. Not the Chiefs. And even if they did make it. It would only tie it to go to overtime.

TRB05
11-11-2008, 07:17 AM

Nobody said we would win. But it puts it on the Chargers to make the 2 point to win the game. Not the Chiefs. And even if they did make it. It would only tie it to go to overtime.

Yes someone did. And this is what I have been arguing.

Seek
11-11-2008, 09:08 AM
[quote=Seek;105855]The average completion of 2 point conversion in the NFL is about 39%. I believe 80% the teams who win the coin flip in over time, wins the game. So that would about balance out.

Out of the last four teams who went 2 win the game, 3 of the teams won. The Chiefs being the one team who lost.[/quote

I am pretty sure that after San Diego got the lead they also became conservative and ran the ball three straight times, giving the ball back to KC. Had they been down by one or two, I guarantee they would have been moving the ball down the field like they did all game attacking the opposite corner from Carr.

Your point is moot.

nigeriannightmare
11-11-2008, 12:43 PM
Yes someone did. And this is what I have been arguing.

Last time I checked 1+1=2, we lost by 1. San Diego would have had to go for 2 not us. It doesn't really framking matter cuz missed the freaking PAT. Seriously who misses that in the NFL.

Pro_Angler
11-11-2008, 12:47 PM
yea ending the half when could have moved for a FG was BS, more so then the 2 point try??

TRB05
11-11-2008, 07:38 PM
Last time I checked 1+1=2, we lost by 1. San Diego would have had to go for 2 not us. It doesn't really framking matter cuz missed the freaking PAT. Seriously who misses that in the NFL.

PAT's get missed, not very often, but more often than I thought (12 out of 1142 attempts last year).

Not sure what you mean by 1+1=2.

My whole point is that you said that if they made the earlier PAT, they would have kicked the PAT at the end, and Chiefs win. I'm saying that it would have changed the whole game strategy, Chargers going for 2, etc., So you cannot definitively say "the Chiefs win if they make the earlier PAT."

Darth CarlSatan
11-11-2008, 07:50 PM
Yet no one has raised the obvious; who snapped that damn ball, and do we have anyone better suited for the task?
I know these things happen, but that had better be the last "statistical anomaly" seen in a Chiefs FG snap for the next 10 years.

chief addict
11-11-2008, 08:35 PM
Herm is trying his hardest to get us that #1 draft pick.

Darth CarlSatan
11-11-2008, 08:39 PM
:lol::funnypost:

How much 'snap' will 31-mill buy these days?

Coach
11-11-2008, 10:59 PM
Agreed. So is Gunther.

Chiefster
11-11-2008, 11:01 PM
Agreed. So is Gunther.

HA! One must go with ones strengths. :lol:

jap1
11-11-2008, 11:46 PM
Yet no one has raised the obvious; who snapped that damn ball, and do we have anyone better suited for the task?
I know these things happen, but that had better be the last "statistical anomaly" seen in a Chiefs FG snap for the next 10 years.

I think the LS is new to the team as of a couple weeks ago. The original is on the IR (Jean Philippe Darche). Just another injury that hurt us this year.

Darth CarlSatan
11-11-2008, 11:54 PM
I think the LS is new to the team as of a couple weeks ago. The original is on the IR (Jean Philippe Darche). Just another injury that hurt us this year.

A legitimate answer?! REP!

Thanks!

Darth CarlSatan
11-12-2008, 12:01 AM

No, no; what am I thinking?!

You took the time to go look that up?

PASS OUT THE EAR-PLUGS AND CEREMONIAL ROBES!
And Welcome jap1, to The Dirk-Rocked:
YouTube - the touch

jap1
11-12-2008, 12:08 AM
No, no; what am I thinking?!

You took the time to go look that up?

PASS OUT THE EAR-PLUGS AND CEREMONIAL ROBES!
And Welcome jap1, to The Dirk-Rocked:
YouTube - the touch (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3C9Bng7NPPY)

Thanks for this honor ... I would like to thank everyone who has made this possible ... my fiance, my mom, my brother (even though he is a faider lover) and the Navy for paying me while I surf the internet err umm I mean letting me serve my country.

Actually, at the risk of sounding like an uber-nerd, I didnt have to look that up.

Darth CarlSatan
11-12-2008, 12:28 AM
Thanks for this honor ... I would like to thank everyone who has made this possible ... my fiance, my mom, my brother (even though he is a faider lover) and the Navy for paying me while I surf the internet err umm I mean letting me serve my country.

Actually, at the risk of sounding like an uber-nerd, I didnt have to look that up.

Right On!:bananen_smilies046: