PDA

View Full Version : Re going for 2

section311
11-09-2008, 07:39 PM
Unless the team was gassed, going for 2 was a mistake. We were lucky to even have a shot, the interference call was horrible. Herm probably doesn't care at this point, because he's gone anyway. Just think, if we play for OT, we might be watching more football right now, and we might be driving for a win.

TRB05
11-09-2008, 11:04 PM
Well, there's a whole other thread but your post reminded me of something.

When Shanahan went for two and made it earlier in the year against SD, he was considered "gutsy, smart, etc" because he was given a gift and stole a win from it.

Herm gets a gift, tries the exact same tactic, but his players do not execute. He's considered an idiot, and is accused of not caring. weird

Chiefster
11-09-2008, 11:56 PM
Herm's an idiot!

Bike
11-10-2008, 05:12 AM
Herm may be stupid, but he ain't too smart!!

Canada
11-10-2008, 11:17 AM
:lol::lol:
Herm may be stupid, but he ain't too smart!!:lol::lol::bananen_smilies046:

nigeriannightmare
11-10-2008, 06:05 PM
Unless the team was gassed, going for 2 was a mistake. We were lucky to even have a shot, the interference call was horrible. Herm probably doesn't care at this point, because he's gone anyway. Just think, if we play for OT, we might be watching more football right now, and we might be driving for a win.

We can b*tch and moan till were blue in the face, Herm's not even in the hotseat. With all the injuries, the whole LJ fiasco, Herm will get a pass. Even if we go 1-15. It took stones for Herm to make the choice to go for 2, that's way out of character for him. I mentioned this before the 3rd and 3 play call with six minutes left is what pisses me off. you throw a ball 2 yards behind the line of scrimmage hoping that savage will break a tackle or 2 is ridiculus.