PDA

View Full Version : Is it too early to say Thigpen is our QB of the future?

jerhart
11-09-2008, 08:17 PM
...I know 3 games are just flashes in a pan, but for the 3rd straight week I think he was the best QB on the field. I really like what I see in him. He shows poise in the pocket, spreads the ball around, and he can throw is more than 10 yards! I know Bradley has helped out a lot also, but some does have to throw to bradley for him to make the play. GO TYLER! ::Goes to order Jersey:: :yahoo:

There are plenty of posts about the end of the game already so I will just say I am with those who say it was the right call. As for the pass D-pass interference call on TG...we deserved it after a couple of bogus calls made on Tony the past couple of weeks. The team is showing signs of improvement. We were missing some key players on D. Let's keep LJ on the bench.

jmlamerson
11-09-2008, 08:20 PM
...I know 3 games are just flashes in a pan, but for the 3rd straight week I think he was the best QB on the field. I really like what I see in him. He shows poise in the pocket, spreads the ball around, and he can throw is more than 10 yards! I know Bradley has helped out a lot also, but some does have to throw to bradley for him to make the play. GO TYLER! ::Goes to order Jersey:: :yahoo:

There are plenty of posts about the end of the game already so I will just say I am with those who say it was the right call. As for the pass D-pass interference call on TG...we deserved it after a couple of bogus calls made on Tony the past couple of weeks. The team is showing signs of improvement. We were missing some key players on D. Let's keep LJ on the bench.

He may be. I just want to see him over the rest of the season before saying yes or no.

Three7s
11-09-2008, 08:21 PM

I disagree about going for 2 being the right call. If we knocked it right in right off the bat, then yeah, go for it, but it took us 3 tries from the one to get it in. How can we POSSIBLY get it in with 1 chance at the 2?

tornadospotter
11-09-2008, 08:25 PM
He may be. I just want to see him over the rest of the season before saying yes or no.
I think he maybe also, but lets see how the rest of this season goes.

jerhart
11-09-2008, 08:26 PM
I disagree about going for 2 being the right call. If we knocked it right in right off the bat, then yeah, go for it, but it took us 3 tries from the one to get it in. How can we POSSIBLY get it in with 1 chance at the 2?

I hope this doesnt turn into the 'right call wrong call ' thread....but I have more faith in our offense at this point. With the 2 pt conversion, our offense got the ball neat the endzone with one shot. With the OT, we could end up like last week...our O could have not even gotten a chance.

A lot of people are jumping to the conclusion that we would have made the PAT....lets not forget about what happened on the first PAT of the game.

tornadospotter
11-09-2008, 08:28 PM
I hope this doesnt turn into the 'right call wrong call ' thread....but I have more faith in our offense at this point. With the 2 pt conversion, our offense got the ball neat the endzone with one shot. With the OT, we could end up like last week...our O could have not even gotten a chance.

A lot of people are jumping to the conclusion that we would have made the PAT....lets not forget about what happened on the first PAT of the game.
You mean the one that was made?

jerhart
11-09-2008, 08:31 PM

ha...your right, the 2nd....still, PAT's are not guranteed

Three7s
11-09-2008, 08:32 PM
Lol, we botched the 2nd one, a bad snap. I try not to think about that kind of thing. Also, yes you're right, maybe we don't get the ball, but what if we do?

texaschief
11-09-2008, 08:43 PM
Thiggy is lookin nice. He's a completely different QB than what he showed in preseason and the Atlanta game. It's crazy. If he IS the QB of the future, his measurables aren't great, but they're at least comparable.

Tyler Thigpen
6'1, 224

Phillip Rivers
6'5, 228

Jay Cutler
6'3, 233

Brady Quinn
6'3, 235

Drew Brees
6'0, 209

Matt Ryan
6'4, 220

He's smaller than the rest of the younger QB's in the league, but he's comparable to at least Brees and Cutler.

jmlamerson
11-09-2008, 08:55 PM
Thiggy is lookin nice. He's a completely different QB than what he showed in preseason and the Atlanta game. It's crazy. If he IS the QB of the future, his measurables aren't great, but they're at least comparable.

Tyler Thigpen
6'1, 224

Phillip Rivers
6'5, 228

Jay Cutler
6'3, 233

Brady Quinn
6'3, 235

Drew Brees
6'0, 209

Matt Ryan
6'4, 220

He's smaller than the rest of the younger QB's in the league, but he's comparable to at least Brees and Cutler.

Yeah, I'm not worried about his measurables. I'm a bit worried because he's played much better in the 1st half than in the 2nd, and because he's only played with massive turnover advantages.

I want to see how he does against a good, efficient team that doesn't make mistakes.

But I agree, he looks like the QB who should open as starter next season, at least.

Three7s
11-09-2008, 08:57 PM
Yeah, I'm not worried about his measurables. I'm a bit worried because he's played much better in the 2nd half than in the 1st, and because he's only played with massive turnover advantages.

I want to see how he does against a good, efficient team that doesn't make mistakes.

But I agree, he looks like the QB who should open as starter next season, at least.
I think it's the other way around......

jmlamerson
11-09-2008, 08:59 PM
I think it's the other way around......

Fixed. Thanks.

jap1
11-09-2008, 09:04 PM
Thiggy has looked great, I agree, but only when he has a lot of time in the pocket. The line has REALLY stepped it up the last few weeks. Today, Thiggy Pop threw a couple of balls where everyone in the bar was like WTF? (Like the one where he had Bradley open in the endzone and threw it to the 3rd row). He still is a little wild when he has pressure on him.

I am not saying he is bad. I am just saying he is not the next Joe Montana ... yet. As a diehard Chiefs fan of course I have hope that he will become that guy. But I cannot annoint him just yet. Also, dont forget the Chargers have one of the worst pass defenses in the league.

On a side note, I do not agree with the 2-point conversion call, but I figured it is better to lose by trying to win than to lose because you are trying not to lose (i.e. running 3 and out when you have absolutely no run game). I am not going to complain about that one.

chief31
11-10-2008, 02:29 AM
Thiggy is lookin nice. He's a completely different QB than what he showed in preseason and the Atlanta game.

Has noone else noticed that he has been able to stand in the pocket and make reads, without getting hit before making a pass?

The QB play looks like night and day, because the protection is night and day.

Now, I'm not saying that the o-line is making Thigpen look good. Just that they are finally giving a Chiefs QB the opportuinty to look good. Whereas they had been denting Chiefs QBs that opportunity for quite some time.

I am with you guys on Thigpen. He has played very well. All I am saying is that he wouldn't be playing well, if the o-line wasn't playing well.

I've said it over, and over, that the o-line has to protect, to even see what the QB can do. And now, with it happening before everyones eyes, it still doesn't get noticed.

I pray that the o-line continues to protect, and that Thigpen continues to shine. That way, I can step back from the idea of needing several O-linemen in the off-season.

If the offense plays like this for the rest of the season, then I could drop my O-line draft demands to 3rd round. (First pick of the third round)

How awesome would that be?

texaschief
11-10-2008, 02:44 AM
Has noone else noticed that he has been able to stand in the pocket and make reads, without getting hit before making a pass?

Now, I'm not saying that the o-line is making Thigpen look good. Just that they are finally giving a Chiefs QB the opportuinty to look good. Whereas they had been denting Chiefs QBs that opportunity for quite some time.

I am with you guys on Thigpen. He has played very well. All I am saying is that he wouldn't be playing well, if the o-line wasn't playing well.

I've said it over, and over, that the o-line has to protect, to even see what the QB can do. And now, with it happening before everyones eyes, it still doesn't get noticed.

I pray that the o-line continues to protect, and that Thigpen continues to shine. That way, I can step back from the idea of needing several O-linemen in the off-season.

If the offense plays like this for the rest of the season, then I could drop my O-line draft demands to 3rd round. (First pick of the third round)

How awesome would that be?

It's amazing what happens to players when they're given the opportunity to develop and play together, huh? :D

I think the relationship between the line and the QB is mutually beneficial. I don't think that the right side of the line has necessarily ascended to average. The rushing game still isn't great. I think that Thigpen's mobility has made both parties look much better than what we thought they were. I'm pretty sure you'd still be calling for O-linemen in the first round if Huard were still in there. I think you'd still be calling for a first round O-lineman if Croyle was still in there as well.

Thigpen has proven to be more mobile then Huard and more durable than Croyle, thus making the line look much better. lol

I still think that both the RT and RG need to be replaced before next season.

chief31
11-10-2008, 02:54 AM
It's amazing what happens to players when they're given the opportunity to develop and play together, huh? :D

I think the relationship between the line and the QB is mutually beneficial. I don't think that the right side of the line has necessarily ascended to average. The rushing game still isn't great. I think that Thigpen's mobility has made both parties look much better than what we thought they were. I'm pretty sure you'd still be calling for O-linemen in the first round if Huard were still in there. I think you'd still be calling for a first round O-lineman if Croyle was still in there as well.

Thigpen has proven to be more mobile then Huard and more durable than Croyle, thus making the line look much better. lol

I still think that both the RT and RG need to be replaced before next season.

So you really don't even watch the current games?

Thigpen has not proven to be more durable than anyone. He simply isn't getting pressured like he was in The Falcons game, and all Chiefs QBs have been for well over a year.

Even when he does scramble, it has been after he was done trying to find a receiver, not because the pressure was all over him.

The few times he has been sacked has been primarily coverage sacks.

Thigpen has been playing very well. But, if the right side of that line were protecting like they had been for the first 4-5 games, then we would be criticizing Quinn Gray right now.

texaschief
11-10-2008, 03:02 AM
So you really don't even watch the current games?

Thigpen has not proven to be more durable than anyone. He simply isn't getting pressured like he was in The Falcons game, and all Chiefs QBs have been for well over a year.

Even when he does scramble, it has been after he was done trying to find a receiver, not because the pressure was all over him.

The few times he has been sacked has been primarily coverage sacks.

Thigpen has been playing very well. But, if the right side of that line were protecting like they had been for the first 4-5 games, then we would be criticizing Quinn Gray right now.

..ok

sup3rdup3r
11-10-2008, 03:08 AM
It's not so much Thigpens mobility that's making the o-line appear better but his quick decision making. Having just watched the game on my DVR, I noticed that he gets rid of the ball almost immediately after completing his drop back. It's impressive that he's doing that so soon because usually young QBs are very indecisive with small vision.

Sn@keIze
11-10-2008, 04:58 AM
I wanted to wait a while before I said it......like maybe after the season. But Im starting to not be able to help myself.

But his mobility and poise......reminds me of another QB we use to have. I wont say who it is, but I will tell you that is rhymes with Wich Wannon.

hardcorechiefsfan
11-10-2008, 06:41 AM

As for the pass D-pass interference call on TG...we deserved it after a couple of bogus calls made on Tony the past couple of weeks. The team is showing signs of improvement. We were missing some key players on D. Let's keep LJ on the bench.
We still need to keep QB in mind when it comes to draft time. I would prefer that we get a QB that is better than Thiggie, but to keep Thiggie on as backup. He doesn't have a win yet but he shows promise(I've been telling you all this!)You all might think this is dumb but I think it would be a good idea if the chiefs had a back-up QB that can make something happen(Remember Cassel of the Patriots?).

Hey, at least he isn't injuried and out for the season!

the relationship between the line and the QB is mutually beneficial.
Something is happening out there and its good. I half expect to hear the rocky theme when I watch how the o-line and Thiggie are doing. They aren't the best that they can be yet but give them a year or two and we'll be hearing the music for sure!

windwalker
11-10-2008, 06:56 AM
yesterday's stats for Tyler

comp 27
Attmp 41
yards 266
per cent 65.9
ave yds 6.5
TDs 3
rating 108.4

Sn@keIze
11-10-2008, 07:14 AM
I still think that both the RT and RG need to be replaced before next season.Yes, build the line around Albert and Waters. That would be a good O-line. Waters is gettin old, but hes still got plenty of gas left.

I pray that the o-line continues to protect,

I agree with you and I have noticed the protection. However, San Diegos D line is bout as scary as ours, I wasnt intimidated by TBs or Jets either. Do you think our line would look like that gainst Titans D, Falc, or someone like the Giants?

I say we Still need to prioritize OL to the top.

We still need to keep QB in mind when it comes to draft time. I would prefer that we get a QB that is better than Thiggie,
Thig has a pass rating of 103 in the last 3 games with NO picks. One against an elite Pass D team (Bucs). If he continues to play like this. We take our chances with him!

chief31
11-10-2008, 07:37 AM
Yes, build the line around Albert and Waters. That would be a good O-line. Waters is gettin old, but hes still got plenty of gas left.

I agree with you and I have noticed the protection. However, San Diegos D line is bout as scary as ours, I wasnt intimidated by TBs or Jets either. Do you think our line would look like that gainst Titans D, Falc, or someone like the Giants?

No. But I have hope, where I had fealt like it was hopeless.

I say we Still need to prioritize OL to the top.

Thig has a pass rating of 103 in the last 3 games with NO picks. One against an elite Pass D team (Bucs). If he continues to play like this. We take our chances with him!

Ideally, I would love to take a top OT with our first selection, and move Albert in to RG. Albert has done well at OT, but I envision him being even better from the Shields spot. Also, that would give us strength on both sides of the O-line.

But, I am willing to settle for a RT/RG selection, if I can get that.

yashi
11-10-2008, 10:01 AM
I really hope Thigpen can be our QB of the future.. that way we can draft a great RT with our high pick so he can have all day to throw. Then he'd be even better! :D

There's supposed to be 3 standout tackles that could all be top 5 picks (Oher, Monroe, Andre Smith), so this is a great year to need that position.

I also wouldn't mind a Laurinitis or Maualuga to give us a star linebacker on defense... Maybe even Michael Johnson so we have a pass rusher?

Why do we have to have so many needs? :(

balto
11-10-2008, 10:49 AM
I agree with alot of you that I hope Thiggy is our man, but you have to agree that most of his success is because of the Spread O we have gone too. It gives more time for the QB, opens the field for our WR's and the most important thing is that it helps our Oline and makes it easier.

Yes we look a TON better BUT we still are not fuking winning games :mob:

If we keep with this spread Offense and stay with Thiggy we MUST go D with this draft and off season FA's we MUST!!!!!

Here is what I think.

If Thiggy does well the rest of the season then we DO NOT draft a QB high this year, but instead draft a QB like Harrell out of Texas Tech like in rounds 5 or 6.

Harrel is even moire of a system QB then Chase from MU, but if we keep thiggy and the spread Harrel would be a steal for a backup/future starter with our O style.

Also, I'm guessing QB's like McCoy, Bradford and a couple other young QB's wont declare this year so IF thuggy doe snot pan out we will probably be high in the draft yet again so we take say Bradford, BUT if thiggy does become our man we will hav eno need for a QB and have Harrel as our backup!!!

This gives us the chance this year to either trade down and get a stud OL (maybe Duke OG from OK) and also get that stuf MLB.

OR just take the best OL and either move Alberts to OG or put the new guy at RT (damn that woudl be a hell of a nice couple of bookends)

OR a crazy but in the long run a GREAT pick would be to take drum roll........ Crabtree!!!!!

Yes I know we need other spots, but if Thiggy is our man and we keep alberts/waters on left side we can get a good RT/OG in 3/4 rounds and get our stud LB with our second pick.

That would give us Bowe and crabtree (maybe Gonzo still)as WR weap (which teh Spread is a PASSING O not a Running O liek Herm likes to go with) How good would that be?

Also, if we stay with this style of O I say trade off LJ for maybe a 3rd? if our stars aline a 2nd? So we coudl have two 2nd rounders.

OR if we all hate Thiggy by year end and want to see him die in a fire we do this. Keep this new style of O and still draft either Crabtree/MLB in first. Then draft Teebow with one of our 2nd rounders.

I know Teebow??? but think about how good Thiggy has done because of his mibility? Teebow is BIG and runs great and he would be Better then thiggy in our O no question.

So draft coudl look like this. (If thiggy is our guy)

Round 1: Crabtree WR Texas Tech
Round 2: Best MLB/Brandon Spikes ILB Florida
Round 2: Best OT/OG/DE
Round 3: Best OT/OG/DE
Round 4: Best OT/OG/DE
Round 5: Harrell or best QB on board/Best CB
Round 6: Harrell or best QB on board/Best CB
Round 7: Someone we draft then release :yahoo:

OR if Thiggy sucks balls:

Round 1: Crabtree WR texas tech
Round 2: Brandon Spikes ILB/Teebow
Round 5: Best OT/OG/DE
Round 6: Best player on board
Round 7: Bill "the Chin" Cowher

OR we coudl go OL with our first pick BUT I really think in years to come the chiefs will benifit more from a Crabtree pick over a stud OL!!!! (and if we plan to put that stud OL at RT then its a no brainer)

And I think a top 3 pick is to high to take Rey Maualuga OR James Laurinaitis. We can get Brandon Spikes in the second.

balto
11-10-2008, 10:51 AM
We also need to get one of the studs from FA like Suggs or Peppers. Then we would not be in need to draft a DE!!!! Maybe even get our RT/OG in FA as well /shrug

jmlamerson
11-10-2008, 11:35 AM
I agree with alot of you that I hope Thiggy is our man, but you have to agree that most of his success is because of the Spread O we have gone too. It gives more time for the QB, opens the field for our WR's and the most important thing is that it helps our Oline and makes it easier.

Yes we look a TON better BUT we still are not fuking winning games :mob:

If we keep with this spread Offense and stay with Thiggy we MUST go D with this draft and off season FA's we MUST!!!!!

Here is what I think.

If Thiggy does well the rest of the season then we DO NOT draft a QB high this year, but instead draft a QB like Harrell out of Texas Tech like in rounds 5 or 6.

Harrel is even moire of a system QB then Chase from MU, but if we keep thiggy and the spread Harrel would be a steal for a backup/future starter with our O style.

Also, I'm guessing QB's like McCoy, Bradford and a couple other young QB's wont declare this year so IF thuggy doe snot pan out we will probably be high in the draft yet again so we take say Bradford, BUT if thiggy does become our man we will hav eno need for a QB and have Harrel as our backup!!!

This gives us the chance this year to either trade down and get a stud OL (maybe Duke OG from OK) and also get that stuf MLB.

OR just take the best OL and either move Alberts to OG or put the new guy at RT (damn that woudl be a hell of a nice couple of bookends)

OR a crazy but in the long run a GREAT pick would be to take drum roll........ Crabtree!!!!!

Yes I know we need other spots, but if Thiggy is our man and we keep alberts/waters on left side we can get a good RT/OG in 3/4 rounds and get our stud LB with our second pick.

That would give us Bowe and crabtree (maybe Gonzo still)as WR weap (which teh Spread is a PASSING O not a Running O liek Herm likes to go with) How good would that be?

Also, if we stay with this style of O I say trade off LJ for maybe a 3rd? if our stars aline a 2nd? So we coudl have two 2nd rounders.

OR if we all hate Thiggy by year end and want to see him die in a fire we do this. Keep this new style of O and still draft either Crabtree/MLB in first. Then draft Teebow with one of our 2nd rounders.

I know Teebow??? but think about how good Thiggy has done because of his mibility? Teebow is BIG and runs great and he would be Better then thiggy in our O no question.

So draft coudl look like this. (If thiggy is our guy)

Round 1: Crabtree WR Texas Tech
Round 2: Best MLB/Brandon Spikes ILB Florida
Round 2: Best OT/OG/DE
Round 5: Harrell or best QB on board/Best CB
Round 6: Harrell or best QB on board/Best CB
Round 7: Someone we draft then release :yahoo:

OR if Thiggy sucks balls:

Round 1: Crabtree WR texas tech
Round 5: Best OT/OG/DE
Round 6: Best player on board
Round 7: Bill "the Chin" Cowher

OR we coudl go OL with our first pick BUT I really think in years to come the chiefs will benifit more from a Crabtree pick over a stud OL!!!! (and if we plan to put that stud OL at RT then its a no brainer)

And I think a top 3 pick is to high to take Rey Maualuga OR James Laurinaitis. We can get Brandon Spikes in the second.

As much as I like Crabtree, we don't need a top flight WR right now nearly as much as we need to shore up our lines. Bradley and Bowe are both young and are both working well in our offense. Not to mention that, with the exception of Andre Johnson, I can't think of a recent top-10 WR who's been worth the pick. At best, Crabtree is a Braylon Edwards/Calvin Johnson. At worst, he's a Michael Rogers/Mike Williams.

Look at the Lions. Wouldn't they have been much better served in building their lines than drafting WRs four years in a row?

If we don't draft a QB or OL with our first pick, we've lost our minds. This draft is, by far, our best chance to rebuild our offense for the next few years. Which means 4 OL, a RB, a WR (not in the first four rounds, though), and a QB. Let's build on the progress we're making and not try to skate by with what we have.

Our defense is young enough right now. We need starters who can make an immediate impact, not rookies to groom. I agree wholeheartedly with you about Suggs and Peppers.

Edit: I don't think Tebow is coming out this year.

balto
11-10-2008, 01:29 PM
Lets pick up T.J. Houshmandzadeh in FA then lol

Also, I would only want to get a QB in first couple of rounds IF thiggy is not our guy and I really think the chiefs will give him at least one more year to prove if he is or not.

I 100% agree with you on us needing OL or top QB(if thig is not our guy), but with the style of offense we are running ATM we could get our OL help in the 3rd and 4th rounds or even start in the 2nd if we trade LJ(maybe NE takes him)

I also agree that Teebow might not come out this year, BUT with a lot of talk about how in 2010's draft there is a good chance of a salary cap for the draft then we MIGHT see a big draft influx of players that want to be paid. Even if it means getting drafted a Round later they could still sign a contract for more money if the would be draft in the first next year vs the second this year.

My favorite pick would be to get Houshmandzadeh in FA then do this trade

Say we are 3rd pick over all, so thats worth 2,200 draft points. Now the eagles have 2 first rounders and the want a TOP OL soooooo bad!!!! So i'm guess that the possablility of them trying to move up is a good one.

they are projected to have the 26th and 29th picks over all ATM. that is worth

26=700 points
29=640 points

and there 2nd round is worth 56=340 points

So there TWO first rounders and there 2nd would be worth 1680 draft points.

I say we trade our top 3 pick (hell even if we are in the top5 its a god deal for them) and take there 2 first and 2nder sounds to good to be true BUT we could throw LJ in since if anyone has watch the eagles they NEED a power RB soooooo bad.

This would give us the ability to get this (if we still trade LJ to NE for a 2nd)

round 1(26th): Duke Robinson, G, Oklahoma
round 1(29th): Brian Orakpo, DE, Texas
round 2(35th): Brandon Spikes, ILB, Florida
round 2(40th): Jason Smith, OT, Baylor
round 2(57th): Nic Harris, SS/FS, Oklahoma
round 3(67th): Kenny Britt, WR, Rutgers
round 4(99th): Shonn Greene, RB, Iowa (POWER)
round 5(131): Graham Harrell, QB, Texas Tech
round 6(163): Lydell Sargeant, CB, Penn State
round 7(195): Conredge Collins, FB, Pittsburgh

If we pick up suggs and/or peppers in FA this coudl change BUT this would beat last years draft by a long shot.

If we put LJ in with the trade to the Eagles then it would look like this.

round 3(67th): Sam Young, OT, Notre Dame

I would love to see this aswell, but lets hope we pick up some great FA's

jmlamerson
11-10-2008, 02:25 PM
Lets pick up T.J. Houshmandzadeh in FA then lol

Also, I would only want to get a QB in first couple of rounds IF thiggy is not our guy and I really think the chiefs will give him at least one more year to prove if he is or not.

I 100% agree with you on us needing OL or top QB(if thig is not our guy), but with the style of offense we are running ATM we could get our OL help in the 3rd and 4th rounds or even start in the 2nd if we trade LJ(maybe NE takes him)

I also agree that Teebow might not come out this year, BUT with a lot of talk about how in 2010's draft there is a good chance of a salary cap for the draft then we MIGHT see a big draft influx of players that want to be paid. Even if it means getting drafted a Round later they could still sign a contract for more money if the would be draft in the first next year vs the second this year.

My favorite pick would be to get Houshmandzadeh in FA then do this trade

Say we are 3rd pick over all, so thats worth 2,200 draft points. Now the eagles have 2 first rounders and the want a TOP OL soooooo bad!!!! So i'm guess that the possablility of them trying to move up is a good one.

they are projected to have the 26th and 29th picks over all ATM. that is worth

26=700 points
29=640 points

and there 2nd round is worth 56=340 points

So there TWO first rounders and there 2nd would be worth 1680 draft points.

I say we trade our top 3 pick (hell even if we are in the top5 its a god deal for them) and take there 2 first and 2nder sounds to good to be true BUT we could throw LJ in since if anyone has watch the eagles they NEED a power RB soooooo bad.

This would give us the ability to get this (if we still trade LJ to NE for a 2nd)

round 2(40th): Jason Smith, OT, Baylor
round 3(67th): Kenny Britt, WR, Rutgers

If we pick up suggs and/or peppers in FA this coudl change BUT this would beat last years draft by a long shot.

If we put LJ in with the trade to the Eagles then it would look like this.

round 3(67th): Sam Young, OT, Notre Dame

I would love to see this aswell, but lets hope we pick up some great FA's

The Eagles aren't going to trade for LJ. They've committed too much money to Westbrook, and Andy Reid isn't about to add a TO-like cancer to his locker room.

Really, we're not getting anything for LJ. We either have to cut him or pay him. Why would any team trade a 2nd rounder for a 30-year-old RB with a history of injuries and a rap sheet?

The Eagles aren't the sort of organization who will trade up like you're suggesting. They are more likely to trade down than trade up.

I don't think the Chiefs are going to pay Houshmenzadah 1WR money (which he'll want) with Bowe and Bradley on the team. Frankly, I agree with the Chiefs being cheap on this front. Why do you think we need a WR that badly? The Chiefs need a speed guy, but they have much, much bigger holes on both sides of the ball. We don't need a starter at the P, K, TE, WR, (maybe) CB, or (maybe) QB positions. We need starters at every other position (LB, DL, OL, S, RB).

Assuming the Chiefs get the 3rd pick, I'd draft:

1st round - Michael Oher (OT) or Andre Smith (OT)
2nd round - Colt McCoy (QB) - It doesn't do any harm to actually have an insurance policy in case Thigpen isn't the guy. If we wait until 2010 to discover that he isn't, we've wasted another year trying to rebuild without a franchise QB. If Thigpen is the guy, then we have a actual backup and a guy with real trade value in a few years.
3rd round - Best RG (someone like Trevor Canfield or Anthony Parker should be available)
4th round - Best C (someone like John McNeil or Antoine Caldwell should be available)
5th round - Best RB (I want Marcus Thigpen, just to have as many Thigpens as possible)
6th round - Best LG
7th round - Best WR

Even if we don't get any top flight defensive players in FA, I don't see the point in drafting defense. If Herm has the guys he thinks are the future on the team, then he should play them in 2009. If he doesn't, why should we trust him in drafting a 4th defensive class. I mean, we aren't missing one or two positions on the defense - we're missing eight or nine.

Seek
11-10-2008, 04:52 PM
In my opinion he is the QBOTF until he proves different... It usually takes a QB three years to develop. It has taken him basically one year in which he was injured and then threee games, two being starts before he produced.

These last three games, were pressure situation, and instead of folding. He calmly went down the field and produced. He is also doing so by protecting the ball and making smart decisions. Unfortunately it wasn't a win, but it appears he is mentally there.

I cant wait to see him play when he understands the game, and the speed of the game better.

balto
11-10-2008, 05:01 PM
I agree he looks rly rly good out there, BUT its because of the system we have gone too. Before (Atlanta game) we had not yet gone to the spread and he looked rly rly rly bad!!! I mean REALLY BAD!!!!!

Thiggy is doing well because of the system we are running ATM, but I think you could draft a QB like Bradford from OU or Teebow and you would see a big difference.

I think Thiggy could be the starter for us, but we could also get better if we wanted /shrug

Seek
11-10-2008, 05:26 PM
I agree he looks rly rly good out there, BUT its because of the system we have gone too. Before (Atlanta game) we had not yet gone to the spread and he looked rly rly rly bad!!! I mean REALLY BAD!!!!!

Thiggy is doing well because of the system we are running ATM, but I think you could draft a QB like Bradford from OU or Teebow and you would see a big difference.

I think Thiggy could be the starter for us, but we could also get better if we wanted /shrug

hold up... I know he is in a different system, but this system isn't much different than many of the same systems that we have seen for years with other teams, including Indy with Peyton Manning.

He is making the throws against NFL team and many of them have been tough. He is also hitting wide open people which is something I haven't seen in Kc for years. While they are running a spread type offense, they do often switch back to the old style off offense.

Don't discredit what he has done because of the system he is. Really, the system was changed to help give him time. It is impossible to make a player when you take a 7 step drop and someone is already in your face. This system is also helping the running game, since there was zero holes to run through.

Fix the line, and now we have an experienced QB ready to play.

windwalker
11-10-2008, 07:09 PM
Sometimes I wonder how many of you have actually coached football... other than pee-wee 'cause your kid was playing.

Granted, I have only coached High School ball, but over the years I have found that often, a coach may have to chance his mind about offenses, and defenses simply to match his talent. Sometimes, it is a tough decision, go away from the coach's beliefs, to something that he may not really know that well to match his players talent.

The first week against the Jets was a surprise to everyone... Then the Bucs saw in the films what we were doing.. They still didn't really stop us... Do you think the Chargers didn't know what was going to be thrown at them??? They knew, but still couldn't really stuff us...

The point is, with the young talent we have, offensively, they are coming together and growing as a team. It isn't any one thing, it is the confidence they are bringing to each other. The more they work together, the better they will get... up to a point... but that point hasn't arrived as of now.

We have a young team, they are improving, they are all working hard to become better... Like Thigpen says.. the credit should not be put on him, but the entire team. Everyone is stepping up to do the job.

The last 3 weeks has been fun, even without a win.. and if I were a betting guy, we have covered the spread every week.

I think we are going to "break out" with a big game soon, and turn this year into a fun year.. not necessarily a winning year. But OH... if we keep this up.. we really have a lot to look forward to for the "next" year...

Tyler... I have confidence in you.

nigeriannightmare
11-10-2008, 08:04 PM
Doesn't matter how young and talented we are. With Carl and Herm at the helm, I don't even want to go there. Look what they are doing in Atlanta and Miami. Miami won 1 game last year and have a legit shot at the playoffs and winning their division. Atlanta has an owner that gives a sh*t. I don't know enough about Clark, but Herm and Carl are not good for this team. I am sick and tired of hearing about the youth movement and what we have to look forward to. I may not be around tomorrow and neither may anyone else. We live in today and today Herm is a coach with a rather lousy record.

Eydugstr
11-11-2008, 12:06 AM
"Fix the line, and now we have an experienced QB ready to play."

Couldn't agree more! Thigpen has really turned his game up a notch. Given our offensive line woes, it's nice to have a QB with some mobility.

Personally I hope they just let Thigpen get more experience and get a better O-line around him in next year's draft.

Seek
11-11-2008, 09:12 AM
Sometimes I wonder how many of you have actually coached football... other than pee-wee 'cause your kid was playing.

Granted, I have only coached High School ball, but over the years I have found that often, a coach may have to chance his mind about offenses, and defenses simply to match his talent. Sometimes, it is a tough decision, go away from the coach's beliefs, to something that he may not really know that well to match his players talent.

The first week against the Jets was a surprise to everyone... Then the Bucs saw in the films what we were doing.. They still didn't really stop us... Do you think the Chargers didn't know what was going to be thrown at them??? They knew, but still couldn't really stuff us...

The point is, with the young talent we have, offensively, they are coming together and growing as a team. It isn't any one thing, it is the confidence they are bringing to each other. The more they work together, the better they will get... up to a point... but that point hasn't arrived as of now.

We have a young team, they are improving, they are all working hard to become better... Like Thigpen says.. the credit should not be put on him, but the entire team. Everyone is stepping up to do the job.

The last 3 weeks has been fun, even without a win.. and if I were a betting guy, we have covered the spread every week.

I think we are going to "break out" with a big game soon, and turn this year into a fun year.. not necessarily a winning year. But OH... if we keep this up.. we really have a lot to look forward to for the "next" year...

Tyler... I have confidence in you.

They need to win one though. If they keep losing, that will start to wear on them. Once they win that one game though. They could go on a run or tank it, thinking they have it.

chief31
11-11-2008, 11:17 AM
They need to win one though. If they keep losing, that will start to wear on them. Once they win that one game though. They could go on a run or tank it, thinking they have it.

100% agreed. They are stuck in a losing atmosphere, and the only way out is to win.

If they continue to lose, then they could lose what little confidence that they have.

Drunker Hillbilly
11-11-2008, 11:26 AM
I love this thread!!!!!! Thigpen has been sooooo awesome, he hasn't won a game!!!!!! Can we wait until he wins one before we crown him the QB of the future?

chief31
11-11-2008, 11:42 AM
I love this thread!!!!!! Thigpen has been sooooo awesome, he hasn't won a game!!!!!! Can we wait until he wins one before we crown him the QB of the future?

Probably not. We will just have to wait until he blows it.

Me? I will hope that he doesn't blow it, and earns the right to be called QBOTF.:D

Drunker Hillbilly
11-11-2008, 11:54 AM
Probably not. We will just have to wait until he blows it.

Me? I will hope that he doesn't blow it, and earns the right to be called QBOTF.:D
I too hope he doesn't blow it but come on!!! Just because he has been better than the scrubs that were in before him and looks 100,000,000 times better than they did does not mean he is the answer! If the Chiefs are unfortunate enough to not win another game this season, is he still the QBOTF??

chief31
11-11-2008, 12:13 PM
I too hope he doesn't blow it but come on!!! Just because he has been better than the scrubs that were in before him and looks 100,000,000 times better than they did does not mean he is the answer! If the Chiefs are unfortunate enough to not win another game this season, is he still the QBOTF??

You're barking up the wrong tree. I haven't given him the title.

But I don't mind allowing anyone else the joy of believing that he could be.

If he blows it, then they will be on him like stink on a passed-out Canadian.

Drunker Hillbilly
11-11-2008, 12:30 PM
You're barking up the wrong tree. I haven't given him the title.

But I don't mind allowing anyone else the joy of believing that he could be.

If he blows it, then they will be on him like stink on a passed-out Canadian.
Now thats funny!!!!

Seek
11-11-2008, 01:34 PM

Can you specificly point out where losing the game has been Thigpen's fault. I think the blame can soley be put on the coaches, the defense, or injuries, but I can't see anyway that losing the last three games was Thigpen's fault. I would strongly argue that his he is the only reason they have been close the last three games.

He is trying to make Chicken Salad.

Seek
11-11-2008, 01:45 PM

Define QBOTF... Cause Thigpen has been a much better QB than many other teams QBOTF... Should we start a list and compare.

1. Oaklands J. Russel - LOL
2. Arizona - Matt Leinart
3. Aaron Rogers - Yeah he is doing better but also has three years under his belt.
4. The Qb from MIN whose name I forgot
5. Brodie Croyle - LOL
6. TN - Vince Young

jmlamerson
11-11-2008, 02:49 PM
Can you specificly point out where losing the game has been Thigpen's fault. I think the blame can soley be put on the coaches, the defense, or injuries, but I can't see anyway that losing the last three games was Thigpen's fault. I would strongly argue that his he is the only reason they have been close the last three games.

Thigpen has been good, but another reason we've been close these last three games is that Chan Gailey's been doing the best coaching job in the NFL. He's running a spread offense with a bunch of castoffs who haven't been working togather vey long. Most spread offenses (like Indy's) tend to take a number of years to start rolling.

I can't see another OC in the league doing half as well with this OL and RB situation.

Drunker Hillbilly
11-11-2008, 03:00 PM

At NO point have I ever said he was to blame for any loss! I'm just not sure I am willing to turn the reigns over to a guy who has NEVER won a game for us.

Drunker Hillbilly
11-11-2008, 03:02 PM
Define QBOTF... Cause Thigpen has been a much better QB than many other teams QBOTF... Should we start a list and compare.

1. Oaklands J. Russel - LOL
2. Arizona - Matt Leinart
3. Aaron Rogers - Yeah he is doing better but also has three years under his belt.
4. The Qb from MIN whose name I forgot
5. Brodie Croyle - LOL
6. TN - Vince Young
QBOTF = The guy who is going to lead the Chiefs for the next several years.

You can compare him to anyone you want but 5 out of those 6 have actually won a game with their current team!!!!

Seek
11-11-2008, 04:04 PM
At NO point have I ever said he was to blame for any loss! I'm just not sure I am willing to turn the reigns over to a guy who has NEVER won a game for us.

Given that logic, You will never accept a home grown QB becuase that player must already have a won before you will let him take over this team.

The point being, Thigpen has outplayed the last three opposing QB's who got a win against the Chiefs. I am betting that if Thigpen was playing for any of those teams he would be 3-0.

I am also confident that He will get a win before the year is over.

texaschief
11-11-2008, 04:31 PM
QBOTF = The guy who is going to lead the Chiefs for the next several years.

You can compare him to anyone you want but 5 out of those 6 have actually won a game with their current team!!!!

So, if the Chiefs are kicking the extra point for the win instead of going for two because of a botched extra point, he'd be good by you?

Did Thigpen snap or hold that ball? I missed that play. :lol:

Drunker Hillbilly
11-11-2008, 05:34 PM
So, if the Chiefs are kicking the extra point for the win instead of going for two because of a botched extra point, he'd be good by you?

Did Thigpen snap or hold that ball? I missed that play. :lol:
He did neither and still lost however, if he makes one more completion, maybe the receiver takes it to the house and the missed field goal is a non issue!!:D

Drunker Hillbilly
11-11-2008, 05:36 PM
Given that logic, You will never accept a home grown QB becuase that player must already have a won before you will let him take over this team.

The point being, Thigpen has outplayed the last three opposing QB's who got a win against the Chiefs. I am betting that if Thigpen was playing for any of those teams he would be 3-0.

I am also confident that He will get a win before the year is over.
Has nothing to do with never accepting a home grown guy. I would love it if he were to keep improving and become the QB but for god sakes man, is it asking too much for the so called leader of your team to actually do what he is suppose to do? Win!!!

m0ef0e
11-11-2008, 06:37 PM
Thigpen played well enough to win the last 3 games. Our defense did not...

Three7s
11-11-2008, 08:15 PM
Has nothing to do with never accepting a home grown guy. I would love it if he were to keep improving and become the QB but for god sakes man, is it asking too much for the so called leader of your team to actually do what he is suppose to do? Win!!!
Thigpen has done about as well as anyone could imagine, he is the last guy that you should be complaining about. If you want a QB that wins, you'll never find one on this team because our defense is HORRIBLE! No matter how many points we score, our defense will give it up.

Drunker Hillbilly
11-11-2008, 08:44 PM
Thigpen has done about as well as anyone could imagine, he is the last guy that you should be complaining about. If you want a QB that wins, you'll never find one on this team because our defense is HORRIBLE! No matter how many points we score, our defense will give it up.
Please, don't get me started on the things that are wrong with this team! Yes, he has done well and much, much better than any of the others before him but as I said before, the QB is usually the leader of the team and ours is yet to win 1 game. If he is 0 for 10 or 11, whatever the number is, is he the one to take us to the promise land? Yes the D is bad which is funny because before the season everyone was talking about how good they would be but is drafting a QB warranted if he finishes with this record or something similar? I think so.

Sn@keIze
11-11-2008, 10:25 PM
Please, don't get me started on the things that are wrong with this team! Yes, he has done well and much, much better than any of the others before him but as I said before, the QB is usually the leader of the team and ours is yet to win 1 game. If he is 0 for 10 or 11, whatever the number is, is he the one to take us to the promise land? Yes the D is bad which is funny because before the season everyone was talking about how good they would bebut is drafting a QB warranted if he finishes with this record or something similar? I think so.There are plenty of outstanding QBs out there with losing teams. This is a team effort, and Thigpen( with a rating of 102.9 the last 3 games) is doing his part and them some.

While I do think it may be to early to tell, if he finishes the season like the way he has been playin (even if we do have a really bad record)and we do draft a QB early...........I will personally march up to Truman sports Complex, find CP and/or Herm, and put my foot straight up their anus. Lets put that as a bet in the "Fantasy Sportbook" thread.

Chiefster
11-11-2008, 11:03 PM
Thigpen has looked pretty decent even with the sub par O-line.

Drunker Hillbilly
11-11-2008, 11:13 PM
There are plenty of outstanding QBs out there with losing teams. This is a team effort, and Thigpen( with a rating of 102.9 the last 3 games) is doing his part and them some.

While I do think it may be to early to tell, if he finishes the season like the way he has been playin (even if we do have a really bad record)and we do draft a QB early...........I will personally march up to Truman sports Complex, find CP and/or Herm, and put my foot straight up their anus. Lets put that as a bet in the "Fantasy Sportbook" thread.
I'm betting against!!!!!!!:D

yashi
11-12-2008, 09:40 AM
The quarterback is only one position on the field... and when he's young and producing, it would be dumb to even consider replacing him.

Thigpen's been one of the only bright spots on the team lately. We've lost because of our defense, not him. I wouldn't quite say he's the "QBOTF" yet, but I'd much rather have him playing than Croyle, Huard, Grey, or any rookie we'd draft next season.

Can we instead call him the QB of the Forseeable Future? :D

QBOTFF, Tyler Thigpen.

Also, if he keeps playing like this then he's obviously the QB of the future.. Aside from maybe Kurt Warner, he's been the best QB in the NFL the past 3 weeks.

Canada
11-12-2008, 11:19 AM
He did neither and still lost however, if he makes one more completion, maybe the receiver takes it to the house and the missed field goal is a non issue!!:D

He did get a TD, we missed the extra point...maybe we should gone for 2. Stupid Herm!!

Grey144
11-12-2008, 11:23 AM
No one with any sense should be saying that Thigpen is the QBOTF after only 3 real games. However with his performance so far he has at least proven to be a competent Backup. In the last 3 games he has played exceptionally and every game he has shown improvement. Now we still have 7 games left. If he were to perform as well as he has the rest of the season I would say he has proven he has the talent to be a starter. Granted the offesive play calling has done alot to help the offense but it cannot make decisions for Thigpen. He has shown poise and solid decision making the last 3 games. You cannot attribute that to the offesive play calls that comes from the QB himself. So I am excited to watch Thigpen play the rest of the season and though I am not to the point of hailing him as our QB answer I am rooting for him to continue doing what he is doing and prove that we just may have a diamond in the rough at QB.

Drunker Hillbilly
11-12-2008, 11:37 AM
He did get a TD, we missed the extra point...maybe we should gone for 2. Stupid Herm!!
Yea, terrible move to go for 2!!! I mean the defense was only on the field for 35 min and could hardly stand up! Not to mention we were on the road!

Canada
11-12-2008, 12:31 PM
Yea, terrible move to go for 2!!! I mean the defense was only on the field for 35 min and could hardly stand up! Not to mention we were on the road!

Sorry mayb u missed the joke. I meant we should have gone for 2 on the missed extra point we had. Then I jokingly blamed Herm for it. I thought it would be good for a :lol: but nevermind.

hardcorechiefsfan
11-12-2008, 12:56 PM
I'd much rather have him playing than Croyle, Huard, Grey, or any rookie we'd draft next season.

Can we instead call him the QB of the Forseeable Future? :D

QBOTFF, Tyler Thigpen.

Also, if he keeps playing like this then he's obviously the QB of the future.. Aside from maybe Kurt Warner, he's been the best QB in the NFL the past 3 weeks.
Ok, if we trade for a weathered and experienced QB we should definitely put Thiggie as back-up(remember that he hasn't got a win under him yet). but yes, I can see him as the QB of the future. He just needs to get at least 1 win this season or he will be trade bait. Alot of teams would love to have him as a back-up, especially with how he's been creating these almost-win situations. With a confident team he would be unbeatable.

I think Thiggie is great but obviously something is off because he can't produce a win. For several years the chiefs have been known for a weak 2nd half with just a few players giving it their all.We don't know for a fact that the reason why the chiefs give a good game even though they lose. True it could be because of Thiggie staying healthy and in, but it could be because they just don't want to be a total washout.

yashi
11-12-2008, 01:21 PM
Ok, if we trade for a weathered and experienced QB we should definitely put Thiggie as back-up(remember that he hasn't got a win under him yet). but yes, I can see him as the QB of the future. He just needs to get at least 1 win this season or he will be trade bait. Alot of teams would love to have him as a back-up, especially with how he's been creating these almost-win situations. With a confident team he would be unbeatable.

I think Thiggie is great but obviously something is off because he can't produce a win. For several years the chiefs have been known for a weak 2nd half with just a few players giving it their all.We don't know for a fact that the reason why the chiefs give a good game even though they lose. True it could be because of Thiggie staying healthy and in, but it could be because they just don't want to be a total washout.

We haven't won, but we could have easily won all 3 games, which is much more than I could say earlier in the year. The passing game is producing.. so much that it's almost scary.

I mean what are we hoping for by switching QBs or drafting Michael Crabtree? 350 yds, 4 tds, 0 ints instead of 250 yds, 3 tds, 0 ints? When your passing game is putting up those kind of numbers, the reason you're losing has nothing to do with the passing game. Here are the reasons we're losing, in order of all facets of the game.. in my opinion:

1. Defense
2. Coaching
3. Rushing
4. Special Teams
5. Passing

The passing game is the least of our worries right now. The defense is terrible! You could have the best passing game in the league (which we've basically had the past 3 weeks), and wouldn't beat anyone with this defense.

You should absolutely never lose a game if you put up 266 yards and 3 tds through the air, and have ZERO turnovers on offense. Again.. this defense is dreadful. They're hurt, but they're still dreadful.

I'm officially hoping that we trade down in the draft and hopefully land a game changing defensive player or two. Sure we could use a right tackle, but taking a right tackle with a top 5 pick is a overkill, especially since Thigpen seems to be able to operate in this offense without a great oline.

Trade down and go for Laurinitis or Maualuga, book it!

hardcorechiefsfan
11-12-2008, 01:54 PM
We haven't won, but we could have easily won all 3 games, which is much more than I could say earlier in the year. The passing game is producing.. so much that it's almost scary.

I mean what are we hoping for by switching QBs or drafting Michael Crabtree? 350 yds, 4 tds, 0 ints instead of 250 yds, 3 tds, 0 ints? When your passing game is putting up those kind of numbers, the reason you're losing has nothing to do with the passing game. Here are the reasons we're losing, in order of all facets of the game.. in my opinion:...
I agree with you, Thiggie has been doing great but "could have easily won" is not a win. It is a loss added to our losing record.
You are right about the defense, it has alot to do with the other team getting by with stop-able runs and TDs. The chiefs' defense is so slow that they can't catch up with fast runners; they have a prob with their tackles being broken easily.
For some reason when the chiefs go out onto the field after halftime they rarely make anything happen(not counting Gonzalez, Bowe, and Bradley). Its like they are set to lose the second they leave the locker room to start on 2nd half. Someone explain this: how come their desire to keep their lead or to win just goes down the tube? Don't blame this on Hermie, they've had this problem long before he came to KC.

Drunker Hillbilly
11-12-2008, 02:01 PM
Sorry mayb u missed the joke. I meant we should have gone for 2 on the missed extra point we had. Then I jokingly blamed Herm for it. I thought it would be good for a :lol: but nevermind.
Hard to decifer your sarcasm from your arguing! I guess I'm just used to you disagreeing with everything I say!:D I agree, it was the right play.

Canada
11-12-2008, 02:33 PM
Hard to decifer your sarcasm from your arguing! I guess I'm just used to you disagreeing with everything I say!:D I agree, it was the right play.

:bananen_smilies046:

Seek
11-13-2008, 02:06 PM

The points of that post was to be as literal as you are... If we draft a QB and he is home grown, He will never be the QBOTF because he has yet to win a game.

Drunker Hillbilly
11-13-2008, 05:56 PM
The points of that post was to be as literal as you are... If we draft a QB and he is home grown, He will never be the QBOTF because he has yet to win a game.
Be as literal as you want, I welcome it but I don't give a damn how any QB gets on our team whether it be through the draft or FA, if he can't win a game or only wins 1 out of 11 or 12, I'm not ready to name him our QBOTF. I don't care how good he play's!

texaschief
11-13-2008, 07:19 PM
Here's a name that might be available this off season.

Mike Vick.

Ready.... go. :lol:

nigeriannightmare
11-13-2008, 10:08 PM

Mike Vick.

I got 5 bucks that says Al Davis signs him.

Chiefster
11-13-2008, 11:33 PM

Mike Vick.

Dude should never step foot on another football field again. IMO.

chief31
11-14-2008, 04:09 AM
I think that people are too hard on him.

Once he has paid his debt to sciety, it's paid.

Texas #1 Chiefs Fan
11-14-2008, 12:12 PM
You know Tigpen has been doing alot of good things. He is still young and has alot to learn. He deinately looks more comfortable in the pocket and is always looking down field. These traits are what you want to look for when you are building a young team. At the same time though I think on the offense side of the ball we are doing great compared to where we were 8 wks ago. The last three weeks I have to say come down to defense. Any way that you look at it the old saying still applies. "Offense sells tickets but defense wins the game." Without the D it will be very difficult to get the W. Back to the original question. It is still early to say but I think Thigpen is a QB that we can build a team around. When he throws he looks alot like Montana. I'm glad to finally see a QB that can run an offense and put points on the board again. GO CHIEFS!!! See ya in DEC.!!!

hardcorechiefsfan
11-14-2008, 12:26 PM
This is a good place as any to unloose your sarcasm:D

yashi
11-14-2008, 12:50 PM
Interesting thing about Vick... the wildcat formation that so many teams are implementing in their scheme now is perfectly suited for him. Not that I'm interested in him being a Chief, but it would be fun to see the possibilities with Vick and Thigpen on the field at the same time :D

Chiefster
11-15-2008, 01:06 AM

Agreed, and I would have absolutely no problem at all with him sacking groceries at a Super Center there in Atlanta.

OTR Chiefs fan
11-15-2008, 10:38 PM
I got 5 bucks that says Al Davis signs him.

Agreed, and I would have absolutely no problem at all with him sacking groceries at a Super Center there in Atlanta.

I totally agree with the first two quotes. And Chief31 don't worry somebody will be foolish enough to sign him. And Chiefster your last quote was cold.... and funny. :lol: :D

chief31
11-16-2008, 12:54 PM
I totally agree with the first two quotes. And Chief31 don't worry somebody will be foolish enough to sign him. And Chiefster your last quote was cold.... and funny. :lol: :D

I don't worry about him. I don't like him. I just think that we are too harsh on the guy.

He was never taught that what he did was wrong. He grew up viewing it as normal.

hardcorechiefsfan
11-16-2008, 04:36 PM
I still believe that Thiggie has promise but in no way is he ready to be the #1 QB.
I may be a little prejudiced because I lost alot of arrowcash on him.
Or maybe its the players, maybe they need to be putting on their hands what Tony does to his so he can catch those weird passes. You know - that sticky stuff.

Seek
11-17-2008, 10:51 AM
I still believe that Thiggie has promise but in no way is he ready to be the #1 QB.
I may be a little prejudiced because I lost alot of arrowcash on him.
Or maybe its the players, maybe they need to be putting on their hands what Tony does to his so he can catch those weird passes. You know - that sticky stuff.

In my opinion Thigpen has out peformed every QB he has opposed the last four weeks. Put thigpen on the Jets, Chargers, Bucs and Saints and he is 4-0.

He has shown more than enough promise with a horrible offensive line, and a pathetic defensive line to make me believe he is capable of being a #1 Qb.

Take away a QB's offensive line and they are nothing. Look at Peyton Manning this year. His offensive line is struggling and so is he. Look at Ben Rothlisburger. The guy is getting pounded and it is affecting his play.

Thigpen is making Chicken Salad out of Chicken Poop... Build a team that can compete and you will a have you QB.

We have got to fix the offensive line and get pressure on the opposing teams QB. Once that is done, we will compete against the best.

Seek
11-17-2008, 10:57 AM

Agreed.

yashi
11-17-2008, 01:18 PM
In my opinion Thigpen has out peformed every QB he has opposed the last four weeks. Put thigpen on the Jets, Chargers, Bucs and Saints and he is 4-0.

He has shown more than enough promise with a horrible offensive line, and a pathetic defensive line to make me believe he is capable of being a #1 Qb.

Take away a QB's offensive line and they are nothing. Look at Peyton Manning this year. His offensive line is struggling and so is he. Look at Ben Rothlisburger. The guy is getting pounded and it is affecting his play.

Thigpen is making Chicken Salad out of Chicken Poop... Build a team that can compete and you will a have you QB.

We have got to fix the offensive line and get pressure on the opposing teams QB. Once that is done, we will compete against the best.

He didn't outplay Brees, but the other 3 definitely. Not since our offensive line comprised of Roaf, Shields, Waters, and Wiegmann have we had a QB play this well...

At this point in time I think I'm ready to say Thigpen is our quarterback, and we can now concentrate on other positions in the draft.

Seek
11-17-2008, 03:46 PM
He didn't outplay Brees, but the other 3 definitely. Not since our offensive line comprised of Roaf, Shields, Waters, and Wiegmann have we had a QB play this well...

At this point in time I think I'm ready to say Thigpen is our quarterback, and we can now concentrate on other positions in the draft.

Breeze threw a pick that could have cost him a game. Thigpen threw his pick in desparation. I also saw Bowe Drop three passes that he never should have and Bradley dropped two. Thigpen out performed Breeze in my opinion, even if it be just by a hair. Thigpen reminds me a bunch of Drew.

If people want to discrediting Thigpen, I guess we could go outand waste a draft pick an another J. Russel, Vince Young, A. Smith, David Carr, Joey Harrington, Ryan Leaf etc. etc... The first round Qb's that do make it, have an oustanding line in front of them.

Fix the line and fix the Defense first. There is a clear cut QB in the draft that Detroit won't take before us anyway.

jmlamerson
11-17-2008, 03:53 PM
Breeze threw a pick that could have cost him a game. Thigpen threw his pick in desparation. I also saw Bowe Drop three passes that he never should have and Bradley dropped two. Thigpen out performed Breeze in my opinion, even if it be just by a hair. Thigpen reminds me a bunch of Drew.

If people want to discrediting Thigpen, I guess we could go outand waste a draft pick an another J. Russel, Vince Young, A. Smith, David Carr, Joey Harrington, Ryan Leaf etc. etc... The first round Qb's that do make it, have an oustanding line in front of them.

Fix the line and fix the Defense first. There is a clear cut QB in the draft that Detroit won't take before us anyway.

If Detroit doesn't draft Stafford number 1 overall, I'll eat my hat. It's the only obvious pick of the draft so far, IMO.

We should draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd, sit him behind Thigpen, and wait until 2010 before even pretending its a QB competition.

But getting our OL fixed should be our first and foremost concern.

chief31
11-17-2008, 04:11 PM
If Detroit doesn't draft Stafford number 1 overall, I'll eat my hat. It's the only obvious pick of the draft so far, IMO.

We should draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd, sit him behind Thigpen, and wait until 2010 before even pretending its a QB competition.

But getting our OL fixed should be our first and foremost concern.

If I am drafting for The Lions, then I go OT. Maybe that's just me though.

jmlamerson
11-17-2008, 04:15 PM
If I am drafting for The Lions, then I go OT. Maybe that's just me though.

Well, the Lions have dumped soooo many high picks into their OL an WR positions over the Millen era, I don't think they'll use another one. Taking Stafford in the 1st makes a whole lot of sense for them. They get a real QB of the future. They can use their second 1st round pick for OL (from the Roy Williams trade).

chief31
11-17-2008, 04:33 PM
Well, the Lions have dumped soooo many high picks into their OL an WR positions over the Millen era, I don't think they'll use another one. Taking Stafford in the 1st makes a whole lot of sense for them. They get a real QB of the future. They can use their second 1st round pick for OL (from the Roy Williams trade).

Well, I did forget about Gosder this season, but other than that one guy, they really haven't drafted any o-line.

I suppose, with the knowledge of them having gone OT in the first round last season, that you are right about them going QB this time around.

jmlamerson
11-17-2008, 04:49 PM
Well, I did forget about Gosder this season, but other than that one guy, they really haven't drafted any o-line.

I suppose, with the knowledge of them having gone OT in the first round last season, that you are right about them going QB this time around.

During the Millen years (2000-2008), The Lions picked in the first round OL in 2000, OL in 2001, QB in 2002, WR in 2003, WR and RB in 2004, WR in 2005, LB in 2006, WR in 2007, and OL in 2008 - so, three of their last nine. Their offense is like our defense - a number of high picks and nothing to show for it.

I still say they go QB this year as a clear sign they are starting over.

jap1
11-17-2008, 05:02 PM

I dont think Thiggie outplayed Brees. He threw a few ducks that were nowhere near a WR, threw a couple into bad coverage (admittedly I dont know if there was anyone else more open). He badly overthrew a WR that had badly beat the corner deep twice.

I think Thiggie is the answer, but he still needs more time to develop (and an O-line to keep him from getting too nervous). I think this last game was at best a side-step, if not a slightly worse performance than previous weeks, but that is to be expected when you groom a QB.

Drunker Hillbilly
11-17-2008, 05:07 PM
Can we at least hope Detroit doesn't win a game and we win another before we start talking about Detroit drafting 1st?

jmlamerson
11-17-2008, 05:21 PM
Can we at least hope Detroit doesn't win a game and we win another before we start talking about Detroit drafting 1st?

Actually, you're correct. If we stay at one win and Detroit wins only one game, and it's against Minnesota or GB, we flip a coin (tied in division wins and everything else). If its against TB, Tennessee, or New Orleans, we get the 1st pick (common opponents edge). If they win against Indy, then they still get the first pick (we'll have a division win and they won't).

I still think they lose the next six. That's a pretty awful schedule they have.

slimdagreat
11-17-2008, 05:25 PM
At the very least he's the future of this season. If he plays well then I say let him have the job next season. But even if he turns out to be a one hit wonder, I still don't think taking a QB in the 1st round is the answer.

We are fighting with Detroit for Andre Smith from Bama, and if we have a chance at him they HAVE to take him.