PDA

View Full Version : 1st round DE signs with the Chiefs!!!

texaschief
11-12-2008, 02:14 AM
DE Jason Babin was the 27th pick in the 2004 NFL draft. He was traded to the Seahawks for Boulware. I remember there were a lot of people upset about his leaving the area because he was performing VERY well. In fact, according to Rustshack, some people were saying he was traded because he was outperforming Mario Williams and they didn't want people talking about him being a bust. The Texans were under a lot of pressure to take Vince Young or Reggie Bush that year and they ended up with Williams. I'd say they made the right choice.

The Texans tried to convert him to a LB. That didn't work too well. He hasn't had a great career up to this point and was lost in the shuffle the last couple years. But, he got back in shape and made some noise during the summer and preseason for the Seahawks. He was cut after the first week and has been trying to land somewhere. But, now that he's in great condition again, the Titans, Saints and Chiefs were really trying to get him signed. He ultimately signed with the Chiefs because he could probably start immediately with the injuries to Turk and Hali.

Also, the Chiefs signed LB Kyle Shotwell. Apparently, he's spent some time with the Bucs this season. He's a rookie out of Cal-Poly.

jap1
11-12-2008, 03:16 AM
Lets hope this turns out to be another Mark Bradley. For now I am happy that at least we have a few warm bodies on defense.

chief31
11-12-2008, 06:25 AM
It sure would be nice to wind-up getting something for nothing.

Can't help but wonder why he was available. But if he doesn't work out, oh well. Nothing lost.

hardcorechiefsfan
11-12-2008, 01:08 PM
DE Jason Babin was the 27th pick in the 2004 NFL draft. He was traded to the Seahawks for Boulware. I remember there were a lot of people upset about his leaving the area because he was performing VERY well.

Also, the Chiefs signed LB Kyle Shotwell. Apparently, he's spent some time with the Bucs this season. He's a rookie out of Cal-Poly.
I hope all these guys are good, I'm tired of the chiefs signing up duds.

Grey144
11-12-2008, 02:20 PM
Anybody being signed right now is not going to be a good player. The odds are against it. Otherwise they would not be sitting at home hoping the phone rings. These are stop gap guys coming in to fill holes on the defense with just a warm body.

hardcorechiefsfan
11-12-2008, 02:53 PM
I was kinda thinking of that; why would a team get rid of someone that was getting "too good"?

texaschief
11-12-2008, 03:00 PM
I was kinda thinking of that; why would a team get rid of someone that was getting "too good"?

There was a lot of pressure on the GM when they took Mario Williams. Vince Young was born and raised in Houston and was a Texas legend at UT. If Williams was considered a bust by getting outplayed by someone, that probably would've cost the GM his job. So, he packaged up a decent DE for a solid LB so the comparisons wouldn't be made any longer.

Coach
11-12-2008, 05:29 PM
So we got another 1st rounder. Wow, Herm is a great drafter.:lol: .

Hopefully this guy works out well. It doesn't sound like he's ever gotten a fair shot. He should have a chance to play on this team.

Chiefster
11-12-2008, 06:34 PM

...The Ryan Sims syndrome.

chief31
11-13-2008, 12:21 AM
Anybody being signed right now is not going to be a good player. The odds are against it. Otherwise they would not be sitting at home hoping the phone rings. These are stop gap guys coming in to fill holes on the defense with just a warm body.

I know that most Chiefs fans' opinion of Ty Law isn't very good. But he just got picked-up by The Jets.

It's not impossible to find a gem at this stage. Just very unlikely.

Darth CarlSatan
11-13-2008, 01:15 AM

I hear ya'. Maybe Carl's 'Yard Sale Pick Me Up'-method is finally bearing fruit.

slc chief
11-13-2008, 07:07 AM
what about mark bradley he ha sfilled the no2 rec spot pretty well it could happen

papa1
11-13-2008, 07:40 PM
Are You Kidding Some Guys Get Caught Up In Politics

slc chief
11-13-2008, 09:48 PM
Kansas City Chiefs President Carl Peterson announced on Wednesday that the club has agreed to terms of a one-year contract with DE Jason Babin. No other terms of the agreement were made available.
Babin (6-3, 260) has seen action in 47 games (22 starts) with Houston (2004-06) and Seattle (2007-08). He has registered 147 tackles (100 solo), 13.0 sacks (-85.0 yards), two passes defensed, two forced fumbles and a pair of fumble recoveries. Babin played in two games for Seahawks this season. The Kalamazoo, Michigan native was originally a first-round pick (27th overall) of Houston in the 2004 NFL Draft.

THESE ARE NOT AWEFUL NUMBERS I SAY GIVE HIM A TRY

hardcorechiefsfan
11-14-2008, 12:32 PM
I know that most Chiefs fans' opinion of Ty Law isn't very good. But he just got picked-up by The Jets.

It's not impossible to find a gem at this stage. Just very unlikely.
Our luck, Ty Law will bloom for the jets.

Darth CarlSatan
11-14-2008, 12:34 PM
Our luck, Ty Law will bloom for the jets.

Not likely. Dudes like a hundred and ten years old.

hardcorechiefsfan
11-14-2008, 12:49 PM
Ok. Then it is a good thing he isn't here.

Darth CarlSatan
11-14-2008, 01:14 PM
Ok. Then it is a good thing he isn't here.

His best days were with New England, and it's players like him, Warren Moon, DeBerg, and the whole plethora of Carl's "Estate Sale Pick Me Ups" , that have all but turned me against free agency.
There are exceptions of course; M. Allen, Joe Montana etc., but I like this thing we're doing now a whole lot better.

You're building your core with the best young talent you can get, and you're spending a good amount of time looking at younger players who for whatever reason have been let go by other teams.
You bring them in and make evaluations in a 'Meritocracy' kind of way. If you get a winner( Bradley ), that's ideal. If not, then you haven't lost a ton of cash on some high-profile guy who demands big bucks yet doesn't produce.
:bananen_smilies046:

Big Daddy Tek
11-14-2008, 11:23 PM
DE Jason Babin was the 27th pick in the 2004 NFL draft. He was traded to the Seahawks for Boulware. I remember there were a lot of people upset about his leaving the area because he was performing VERY well. In fact, according to Rustshack, some people were saying he was traded because he was outperforming Mario Williams and they didn't want people talking about him being a bust. The Texans were under a lot of pressure to take Vince Young or Reggie Bush that year and they ended up with Williams. I'd say they made the right choice.

The Texans tried to convert him to a LB. That didn't work too well. He hasn't had a great career up to this point and was lost in the shuffle the last couple years. But, he got back in shape and made some noise during the summer and preseason for the Seahawks. He was cut after the first week and has been trying to land somewhere. But, now that he's in great condition again, the Titans, Saints and Chiefs were really trying to get him signed. He ultimately signed with the Chiefs because he could probably start immediately with the injuries to Turk and Hali.

Great info Tex!

Chiefster
11-15-2008, 12:52 AM

That's age discrimination! And, that's wrong! :11: :D

Darth CarlSatan
11-15-2008, 12:57 AM
That's age discrimination! And, that's wrong! :11: :D

I'm sorry. The record does indeed reflect a "spry" 96 and counting.
:D

Chiefster
11-15-2008, 12:58 AM
I'm sorry. The record does indeed reflect a "spry" 96 and counting.
:D

Better! :11: :lol:

Darth CarlSatan
11-15-2008, 01:10 AM
Better! :11: :lol:

You know, you can still get a Ty Law jersey from the in-house pro shop for the price of a subway ride, and I'm thinking about getting one, taking the "name patch" on the back off, flipping it over, and having my local printer make me a little som'in-som'in that the Quakers who run the NFL Pro Shop wouldn't touch.

Chiefster
11-15-2008, 01:12 AM
You know, you can still get a Ty Law jersey from the in-house pro shop for the price of a subway ride, and I'm thinking about getting one, taking the "name patch" on the back off, flipping it over, and having my local printer make me a little som'in-som'in that the Quakers who run the NFL Pro Shop wouldn't touch.

I'd take the subway ride. :D

Darth CarlSatan
11-15-2008, 01:17 AM
I'd take the subway ride. :D

You have obviously forgotten who now wears that number; for shame.:11:

Chiefster
11-15-2008, 01:24 AM
You have obviously forgotten who now wears that number; for shame.:11:

No, I've just never ridden a subway. :lol:

Darth CarlSatan
11-15-2008, 01:30 AM
No, I've just never ridden a subway. :lol:

Man, subways are the BOMB. Imagine getting from KCI to Westport in 15 minutes.

Chiefster
11-15-2008, 01:39 AM
Man, subways are the BOMB. Imagine getting from KCI to Westport in 15 minutes.

Something I would like to experience at least once in my life.

Darth CarlSatan
11-15-2008, 01:45 AM
Something I would like to experience at least once in my life.

You know Rotterdam did a GREAT thing with their light rail system; they built a very large portion of it about 70ft above ground.

So not only does it serve the community, it's also a FANTASTIC way to sight-see in the City.

I swear, with each passing day I get more and more jealous of that Country.

Chiefster
11-15-2008, 01:48 AM
You know Rotterdam did a GREAT thing with their light rail system; they built a very large portion of it about 70ft above ground.

So not only does it serve the community, it's also a FANTASTIC way to sight-see in the City.

I swear, with each passing day I get more and more jealous of that Country.

Knowing my luck I'd get mugged riding it though. :lol:

Darth CarlSatan
11-15-2008, 01:56 AM
Knowing my luck I'd get mugged riding it though. :lol:

Not likely. Like anywhere else in the world, crime DOES exist.
But go look up the violent crimes numbers on, let's say, all of 2007 between Holland and the US; the picture it paints will open your eyes big-time.

They've reduced violent crime by decriminalizing a great number of the elements that more often than not bring it about.

Chiefster
11-15-2008, 02:01 AM
Not likely. Like anywhere else in the world, crime DOES exist.
But go look up the violent crimes numbers on, let's say, all of 2007 between Holland and the US; the picture it paints will open your eyes big-time.

They've reduced violent crime by decriminalizing a great number of the elements that more often than not bring it about.

Yeah...I was only kidding about getting mugged. :D

Darth CarlSatan
11-15-2008, 02:04 AM
Yeah...I was only kidding about getting mugged. :D

Cool!

Chiefster
11-15-2008, 02:10 AM
Cool!

:lol:

Well it's be great talkin to ya bud, but this old man's got to get his beauty sleep. :wheelchair:

Nite Crowd!

Darth CarlSatan
11-15-2008, 02:11 AM
:lol:

Well it's be great talkin to ya bud, but this old man's got to get his beauty sleep. :wheelchair:

Nite Crowd!
****...:lol:

Chiefster
11-15-2008, 02:14 AM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :)