PDA

View Full Version : saints are going down

slc chief
11-13-2008, 07:45 AM
i feel pretty good coming into this game at arrowhead please give us our 2nd win kc i do not like the thought of reggie bush being back though

IlovetheChiefs
11-13-2008, 06:14 PM
I agree. I think this game is a toss up. Whereas our 3 division rivals should all lose. I look for this one to be close and high scoring along the lines of 31-30. (Oh I hope we don't fall short for the 4th week in a row! But another competitive game is still a plus. But I'm so hungry for a WIN and if the other 3 in the AFC West lose as they are expected to, it would really be SWEET!

Grey144
11-13-2008, 06:34 PM
I agree. I think this game is a toss up. Whereas our 3 division rivals should all lose. I look for this one to be close and high scoring along the lines of 31-30. (Oh I hope we don't fall short for the 4th week in a row! But another competitive game is still a plus. But I'm so hungry for a WIN and if the other 3 in the AFC West lose as they are expected to, it would really be SWEET!

I hope it is a High scoring Game. Call me wierd but I got Thigpen, Jamal, and Bradley running in my Fantasy league. I could do with another 30 pts from thiggy this week :yahoo:

Coach
11-13-2008, 10:10 PM
I think a high scoring afair is our only chance to win this weekend. The Saints will score at least 30. The question is whether the Chiefs will be able to keep up.

Chiefster
11-13-2008, 11:11 PM
I think a high scoring afair is our only chance to win this weekend. The Saints will score at least 30. The question is whether the Chiefs will be able to keep up.

...Well, as long as Herm doesn't go for two. j/k. :D

Three7s
11-14-2008, 12:06 AM
That's the thing, we've improved on offense this season, but digressed on defense. However, I think the defense will, naturally, be better next year with all the kids. However, if we need to win some of these games. That's way they'll know how to win.

IlovetheChiefs
11-15-2008, 12:11 PM
Yes and with the remaining 7 teams being poor (like Oakland and Cincinnati) or mediocore, it gives us a good shot to get some wins and give them that confidence going into '09.

By the way, if the final score is 31-30 as I speculated about, and we are on the losing end, it better NOT be because we were trailing 31-24, got a td in the final seconds, and then went for 2 and failed! heh

okikcfan
11-15-2008, 01:08 PM
i feel pretty good coming into this game at arrowhead please give us our 2nd win kc i do not like the thought of reggie bush being back though

Chiefs coach Herm Edwards said five starters (guard Adrian Jones, defensive end Tamba Hali, linebackers Pat Thomas and Derrick Johnson and cornerback Brandon Flowers) plus their third cornerback (Patrick Surtain) would not play against the Saints. Now for the good news, Bush will NOT play Sunday!!!:yahoo:

IlovetheChiefs
11-16-2008, 12:39 PM
Now for the good news, Bush will NOT play Sunday!!!:yahoo:

Also good news is that the Kansas City Star scouting report says the Saints cornerback situation is even more damaged right now than ours.

And gotta like their prediction for us to win today:

"We’ll forgive the Chiefs to an extent for their failure to get a victory in any of the last three games. They aren’t as good yet as the Jets, Bucs or Chargers. It’s time for them to make their stand today against the Saints, who aren’t in a class with the others. This is the type of game that plays to Kansas City’s strengths. This is a shaky pick, one made with little confidence. Prediction: Chiefs 24, Saints 20."

Albeit they did say it's a pick made with little confidence. But at least they agree the Saints are GOING DOWN!

GO CHIEFS!!

hardcorechiefsfan
11-16-2008, 05:03 PM
Apparently not having Reggie Bush today really didn't make a difference. The chiefs still went to 1-9.

IlovetheChiefs
11-16-2008, 05:15 PM
Yeah and Deuce McAllister wasn't even a factor today. It was this Pierre Thomas guy running on us, and, of course, Brees passing all over. Our defense (zero sacks again) is just too young, injured, and weak.

mudslapper
11-17-2008, 07:06 PM
I don't understand how you can have guys like Bowe and TG against puny little Gay and David and not just throw up the ball to them. When the Saints secondary lined up against the Chiefs it was like going back in time and seeing David vs. Goliath. (yes I do realize that Goliath lost, not the point.) It was frustrating.