PDA

View Full Version : NFL Wants Teams In Mexico, London & Toronto In 10 Years

Sweets
07-15-2007, 01:40 PM
Mark Waller, NFL senior vice president of sales and marketing, also said in an interview that he hopes the league would have teams based in London, Mexico and Canada within 10 years. Waller said that he hopes the league would have teams based outside the U.S. by 2017. "Ten years from now, I hope we will have a team in London, I hope we'll have a team in Mexico, I hope we'll have one in Toronto, playing within the NFL,'' Waller said.

Source: Ben Maller, FoxSports.com (http://msn.foxsports.com/rumors/nfl)

Coach
07-15-2007, 01:58 PM
I hope the NFL as we know it stays in the US. Can you imagine having to travel to another country every Sunday to play football?

Sweets
07-15-2007, 02:40 PM
I think the Europe team would be hell, there's like a 9 hour time difference compared to the West coast and just logistics alone would make it near impossible to fly to and from games and have enough time to practice etc. Is the NFL that desperate for money that they would go that far? I don't see the NFL having a team in Europe that would be intergrated into one of the divisions here.

Canada
07-15-2007, 07:18 PM
Mark Waller, NFL senior vice president of sales and marketing, also said in an interview that he hopes the league would have teams based in London, Mexico and Canada within 10 years. Waller said that he hopes the league would have teams based outside the U.S. by 2017. "Ten years from now, I hope we will have a team in London, I hope we'll have a team in Mexico, I hope we'll have one in Toronto, playing within the NFL,'' Waller said.

Source: Ben Maller, FoxSports.com (http://msn.foxsports.com/rumors/nfl)

I hope the NFL stays as is. As a Canadian I wouldn't mind having an exhibition game or two here, but the NFL is an American thing. Plus it would crush our little CFL and those games are a good reason to go for a few beers. If they ever have a Chiefs game in Toronto you are all welcome to stay here!! I got lots of beer!!

Chiefster
07-15-2007, 10:52 PM
I think the Europe team would be hell, there's like a 9 hour time difference compared to the West coast and just logistics alone would make it near impossible to fly to and from games and have enough time to practice etc. Is the NFL that desperate for money that they would go that far? I don't see the NFL having a team in Europe that would be intergrated into one of the divisions here.

I think the NFL's position on this would be that you could never be too desperate for money.

Sweets
07-15-2007, 10:57 PM
Well talking about taking the NFL to Europe is too desperate for money.

Chiefster
07-15-2007, 11:03 PM
Well talking about taking the NFL to Europe is too desperate for money.

They're business men; if they see a plausible market then they are going to look into it. What do you think they have been doing with the NFLE all this time, besides developing talent?

Sweets
07-15-2007, 11:06 PM
Chiefster, last time I cked the NFLE went belly up and they didn't have teams that traveled to the US and vice versus for games. And aside from a very small handful of players they didn't develop crap.

Chiefster
07-15-2007, 11:10 PM
Chiefster, last time I cked the NFLE went belly up and they didn't have teams that traveled to the US and vice versus for games. And aside from a very small handful of players they didn't develop crap.

Yes they did go belly up, but you have to believe that market research was also going on there. I'm not saying that I agree with the move to Europe; I too hope the keep it here in the States. All I'm saying is that they're businessmen doing what businessmen do.

Sweets
07-15-2007, 11:12 PM
I know, we're just yapping here, but logistically wise Europe would be a stupid idea and a money losing one as well, as I said when you have a 9 hour time difference it just makes no sense IMO.

Chiefster
07-15-2007, 11:18 PM
I know, we're just yapping here, but logistically wise Europe would be a stupid idea and a money losing one as well, as I said when you have a 9 hour time difference it just makes no sense IMO.

Yeah, it would have to be taped and rebroadcast for it to be even half way possible for commercial revenue here.

timbok
07-17-2007, 10:14 AM
mexico no
london no
toronto is find....there right on the border..they deserve a team up there...there are neighbors..but not across the sea games..

Chiefster
07-17-2007, 02:39 PM
mexico no
london no
toronto is find....there right on the border..they deserve a team up there...there are neighbors..but not across the sea games..

I don't know; there'd be a major international incident when at the end of the National Anthem at a Chiefs game there where the Chiefs fans sing "...home of the "Chiefs" and then the rest of the Canadian fans begin to boo. I'm pretty sure it would be an act of war. LOL!!!

timbok
07-17-2007, 03:39 PM
lol.......
i rather see..an team in canada..instead of europe

Canada
07-17-2007, 07:25 PM
I don't know; there'd be a major international incident when at the end of the National Anthem at a Chiefs game there where the Chiefs fans sing "...home of the "Chiefs" and then the rest of the Canadian fans begin to boo. I'm pretty sure it would be an act of war. LOL!!!

I won't allow it. I am pretty well known areond Canada!! :)

timbok
07-17-2007, 07:26 PM
ok senator chiefsfan..lol

Canada
07-17-2007, 07:27 PM
Prime Minister Chiefs Fan thank you!!

timbok
07-17-2007, 07:59 PM
lol....and i'm sir timbok..lol
the toronto polar bears..lol

Chiefster
07-17-2007, 11:41 PM
I won't allow it. I am pretty well known areond Canada!! :)

...Knew you could be depended on!

Guru
07-18-2007, 01:58 AM
Just a big fat NO

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

and NO!!!

Chiefster
07-18-2007, 02:01 AM
Just a big fat NO

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

and NO!!!

So you're saying there's a chance...

Guru
07-18-2007, 02:19 AM
So you're saying there's a chance...

We have no time for your dumbassery.:inwc:

Chiefster
07-18-2007, 02:22 AM
We have no time for your dumbassery.:inwc:

LOL!!! It seems as if time is just about all we do have.