PDA

View Full Version : Colquitt - He's gotta go!

hardcorechiefsfan
11-16-2008, 05:58 PM
Kansas City is really lacking in the kicking department. Why can't we get a punter and kicker that can kick? 48 yards?
One thing I always hated and loved about Denver is that they can get a kicker that can kick long. I'd like to see the chiefs work on getting a good kicker even paying big time for a tried and true one, not just scraping the bottom of the barrel after all the others have been picked.

Three7s
11-16-2008, 06:03 PM
Kansas City is really lacking in the kicking department. Why can't we get a punter and kicker that can kick? 48 yards?
One thing I always hated and loved about Denver is that they can get a kicker that can kick long. I'd like to see the chiefs work on getting a good kicker even paying big time for a tried and true one, not just scraping the bottom of the barrel after all the others have been picked.
Are you serious? Out of the millions of things to complain about, you pick the punter! You do realize that Colquitt has been injured, right? You do realize that he could've, easily, been the team's MVP, last season, right? If you have a beef with the punter, fine, but please, if you're gonna post, pick something more rational like the play of the DEs.

jmlamerson
11-16-2008, 06:05 PM
Are you serious? Out of the millions of things to complain about, you pick the punter! You do realize that Colquitt has been injured, right? You do realize that he could've, easily, been the team's MVP, last season, right? If you have a beef with the punter, fine, but please, if you're gonna post, pick something more rational like the play of the DEs.

Exactly. Colquitt's hurting. When healthy, he's the best in the league.

We're losing because of our loser of a HC and terrible personnel on our defense.

slc chief
11-16-2008, 06:11 PM

are you serious

jerhart
11-16-2008, 06:15 PM
:funnypost:

hardcorechiefsfan
11-16-2008, 06:24 PM
are you serious
Actually I am serious. Maybe I didn't word my post correctly but it seems that everyone is saying that we need this or we need that but a punter is a pretty important player.

jmlamerson
11-16-2008, 06:27 PM
Actually I am serious. Maybe I didn't word my post correctly but it seems that everyone is saying that we need this or we need that but a punter is a pretty important player.

Out of curiosity, have you seen Colquitt when healthy? Or are you judging him on these past two games when he's fighting a bad hamstring?

IlovetheChiefs
11-16-2008, 06:30 PM
Dustin really is one the best punters. We've often jokingly tried to console ourselves the past 2 years here on the fact that we have a pro Bowl punter that can regularly kick 50yd plus punts. He has been injured of late, as mentioned, and even missed a game or two recently. That's the only reason his numbers may not be as impressive as usual. He is excellent. That's one position we do not need to worry about.

wolfpack
11-16-2008, 06:35 PM
he should have been the teams MVP last year and probably was till thigpen jumped started the offense. no we dont need a punter unless you can find one that plays mlb`er also.

TRB05
11-16-2008, 08:11 PM
Hardcore, who would you say is a better punter?

Seriously, you can't be serious.

I looked at some stats. While Colquitt is only 11th in Punt Average, there are more important stats than just distance. He is 4th in Net Average (what really matters), and I could only find one punter that had a higher "Inside the 20" percentage. He has 20 out of 47 punts inside the 20 (42.5%), Jeff Feagles has 16 of 36 (44.4%).

There are plenty of things that need improvement, but I really don't think punter is one of them.

texaschief
11-16-2008, 08:14 PM
This is a dumb thread.

sorry.

TRB05
11-16-2008, 08:17 PM
This is a dumb thread.

sorry.

I'm pretty convinced it's tongue-in-cheek. Has to be.

Darth CarlSatan
11-16-2008, 10:03 PM

Before I opened it up, I thought we were about to have another "Colquitt Sarcasm"-thread.

We got problems, but Colquitt isn't one of them.

PawnshopMarimba
11-16-2008, 11:46 PM
Even if he meant place-kicker there wouldn't be much of an argument, as Connor Barth seems to be doing pretty well also.

No one's mentioned the amount of fumbles that Colquitt causes with his magical left leg, either. Dude puts a WACKY spin on that ball that a lot of PR's have a tough time getting a handle on.

Darth CarlSatan
11-16-2008, 11:59 PM
Yep.

hardcorechiefsfan
11-17-2008, 12:54 AM
Is anyone hearing me about the kickers?? Neither kick that far...

Three7s
11-17-2008, 02:27 AM
Not really, I'd just give up now. You're on your own with this one.

PawnshopMarimba
11-17-2008, 03:17 AM
He's right dude. This is a lost argument. Colquitt kicks plenty far when he's healthy. Before he got hurt he was routinely kicking 50+ yarders... You can't ask for much more than that.

JMDChiefs58
11-17-2008, 07:12 AM
Colquitt is one of the top 5 best players on the team.

jtandcrew
11-17-2008, 08:30 AM
Colquitt is not just 1 of the top 5 players on this team. I would go as far as that when hes healthy? He is in the top 3 punters in the league. Not only that hes left footed which puts an opposite spin on the ball. Punting is in his blood since his dad was also a good punter in the league as well. Colquitt was not the problem yesterday and has not been the problem in the past. Its the coverage that has sucked. I cant remember how many times Colquitt has had to make a last ditch effort to stop a TD regardless how far he punts it.

Seek
11-17-2008, 09:27 AM

I won't argue about Barth. His kick offs lack distance.

You are way off on Colquitt. He had a bad game that is or sure, but he is one the best punters in the league. If you watch him kick live you will see that most of his kicks are a good 30 feet higher than the opposing punters. He also booms some big kicks when we need to make up ground.

Pro_Angler
11-17-2008, 10:48 AM
frikin cry babys there is nothing wrong wth the punter.. he has saved our azz'es more times then any other player on the team probably.

Seek
11-17-2008, 10:59 AM
Even if he meant place-kicker there wouldn't be much of an argument, as Connor Barth seems to be doing pretty well also.

No one's mentioned the amount of fumbles that Colquitt causes with his magical left leg, either. Dude puts a WACKY spin on that ball that a lot of PR's have a tough time getting a handle on.

I haven't seen many fumbles. I know there was reports about that in training camp after we signed him, but I haven't seen actual game day fumbles.

garciakcfan
11-17-2008, 11:17 AM
LOL, I dont even know what to say about this thread except: EPIC FAILURE

pig89
11-17-2008, 12:17 PM
I'm sure I'm repeating several others, but Colquitt is not the problem or ever been the problem. Don't forget he just came off a groin injury, which could be the reason for a slight decline in performance (hangtime and distance) the last couple of weeks. Best punter we've had and has saved us many times when it came down to the opposing teams field position.

yashi
11-17-2008, 01:13 PM
Colquitt is one of the best punters in the NFL......... enough said.

IlovetheChiefs
11-17-2008, 04:14 PM

Or since this is regarding a punter, maybe the way to put it is --> Hardcore is pulling our leg. haha

stlchief
11-18-2008, 12:05 AM
All - I've been offline a long time, just had a few minutes down time and dropped by to check out serious chatter on the Chiefs. Then I see this thread. Looks like the site crapped out if a guy who knocks it 55+ yards on occassion is being picked out because his average is low (hmmm, could that be related to the number he drops inside the 20?) and is hurt for a few games.

Too bad - there used to be some intelligence here...

:-)

Darth CarlSatan
11-18-2008, 12:24 AM
All - I've been offline a long time, just had a few minutes down time and dropped by to check out serious chatter on the Chiefs. Then I see this thread. Looks like the site crapped out if a guy who knocks it 55+ yards on occassion is being picked out because his average is low (hmmm, could that be related to the number he drops inside the 20?) and is hurt for a few games.

Does somebody else wanna' take this one? I've already met my "release the hounds"-quota for the next 24.

Three7s
11-18-2008, 01:01 AM
I'll take it!

I think the only guy that's picking on Colquitt is the OP. Everyone else is highly critical of him doing said action.

chief31
11-18-2008, 10:35 AM

STL. Long time - no see.

This particular thread is an enigma to most around here.

I think that hardcorechiefsfan might have just been going off of this single game, as most of us know that Colquitt is an excellent Punter.

Had you read more than the opening post, I think you would have noticed that the knowledge around here is still very high.

Very smart group in here, including hardcorechiefsfan. Just a bit of a slip. :D

theaxeeffect4311
11-19-2008, 04:22 AM
Whoever started this post has not seen Colquitt before this season. He has a groin injury this season, so he has not seen much action or been as productive. However, he is one of the best punters in the NFL. Just give him time to recover from his injury then judge his skills.

Hayvern
11-19-2008, 10:36 AM
If any thread is deserving of a lock because of a stupid premise, this one is it. Bye Bye

Canada
11-19-2008, 11:25 AM
Closed X ....I have no power here.

Chiefster
11-19-2008, 10:09 PM
Fact: Dustin is a good punter.

Fact: Dustin is injured.

That is all.

Canada
11-19-2008, 10:11 PM
I believe I closed this thread!!

tammietailgator
11-19-2008, 10:14 PM

I second that!

Chiefster
11-19-2008, 10:15 PM

Even if the thread was closed, mods and admins could still post in it. :D

Chiefster
11-19-2008, 10:17 PM
If any thread is deserving of a lock because of a stupid premise, this one is it. Bye Bye

Closed X ....I have no power here.

I second that!

Oh alright. :11:

chief31
11-20-2008, 03:50 AM
He's right you know. :lol: