PDA

View Full Version : Will Herm get to 1-19?

jmlamerson
11-23-2008, 12:41 PM
The Chiefs are only one loss away from getting to 1-19 - which would be the worst 20-game record for any team since the '76-'77 Bucs.

Can Herm do it?

jerhart
11-23-2008, 12:45 PM
No...this team will when a couple more games I predict. It would be nice if we could win at least the last couple of games. The team is young, and I think it would be great for their confidence if they were to end the season with a couple of wins...rather than going into the offseason with another losing streak.

okikcfan
11-23-2008, 02:44 PM
The Chiefs are only one loss away from getting to 1-19 - which would be the worst 20-game record for any team since the '76-'77 Bucs.

Can Herm do it?

At the first of the season I predicted an 0-16 season, I was wrong, I think we can beat the Raiders the second time around but predict that will be it. And trust me when I say I HATE picking those numbers!!! Herm will call some thing STUPID towards the end of the game which will cost us and make us 1-10

slc chief
11-23-2008, 02:46 PM
we desperatly need a win i would hate to see him beat this record

Three7s
11-23-2008, 02:47 PM
At the first of the season I predicted an 0-16 season, I was wrong, I think we can beat the Raiders the second time around but predict that will be it. And trust me when I say I HATE picking those numbers!!! Herm will call some thing STUPID towards the end of the game which will cost us and make us 1-10
You don't think we'll beat the Bengals?

okikcfan
11-23-2008, 02:51 PM
You don't think we'll beat the Bengals?

Did you hear Herm this week say "it's up to the players, the coaches have done all they can?" He has given up, Get him out!!

okikcfan
11-23-2008, 02:52 PM
I think we CAN beat alot of teams, but the coaching won't let us. Stupid is as Stupid does.........

jmlamerson
11-23-2008, 03:01 PM
I think we CAN beat alot of teams, but the coaching won't let us. Stupid is as Stupid does.........

I do not think that the Chiefs have the talent on either side of the ball to be competitive in games against good opponents. I think our hustle and Gailey's OCing is enough to keep us competitive against bad teams or teams who overlook us.

The Chiefs have the least talent of any team in the league right now at almost every position.

It is sad, and it makes me very angry, but it is true.

Three7s
11-23-2008, 03:20 PM
I do not think that the Chiefs have the talent on either side of the ball to be competitive in games against good opponents. I think our hustle and Gailey's OCing is enough to keep us competitive against bad teams or teams who overlook us.

The Chiefs have the least talent of any team in the league right now at almost every position.

That's pretty funny, at the beginning of the game, the CBS announcers said almost the exact opposite as this. I wonder who's right?!

jmlamerson
11-23-2008, 03:26 PM
That's pretty funny, at the beginning of the game, the CBS announcers said almost the exact opposite as this. I wonder who's right?!

Me. The CBS announcers are paid to be positive about every team so ratings stay high. I'm unpaid, so I'll say the truth.

The Chiefs need new (edit: and better) players at the following positions if they ever intend to be competitive (and this isn't even assuming that Gonzo and Waters retire):

C
RG
RT
LDT
RDT
RDE
LDE
MLB
ROLB
1CB
SS
FS
KR/PR

If Gonzo and Waters retire (and I'll bet anyone a shiny new nickel they do), add LG and maybe TE to that list.

drstandley31
11-23-2008, 03:26 PM
Well I thought we would go 3-13, now I hope for 2 wins. Herm says it's up to the players now...... well yes Herm wasn't the one who turned the ball over 4 times, but Herm's also the one whose gotten everything he wanted for 3 years, and this is what we've got. Oh, I know, injuries, they're young, it's all part of the rebuilding, What F'ing ever. This is a team we should beat, and we're just getting it handed to us. I don't see any quit, and I know they want to win, but face it, we are just a pretty bad football team.

jmlamerson
11-23-2008, 03:35 PM
Well I thought we would go 3-13, now I hope for 2 wins. Herm says it's up to the players now...... well yes Herm wasn't the one who turned the ball over 4 times, but Herm's also the one whose gotten everything he wanted for 3 years, and this is what we've got. Oh, I know, injuries, they're young, it's all part of the rebuilding, What F'ing ever. This is a team we should beat, and we're just getting it handed to us. I don't see any quit, and I know they want to win, but face it, we are just a pretty bad football team.

Agreed. If KC were in a large market, Herm Edwards would have replaced Isiah Thomas as a walking punchline months ago.

Three7s
11-23-2008, 03:36 PM
Me. The CBS announcers are paid to be positive about every team so ratings stay high. I'm unpaid, so I'll say the truth.

The Chiefs need new (edit: and better) players at the following positions if they ever intend to be competitive (and this isn't even assuming that Gonzo and Waters retire):

C
RG
RT
LDT
RDT
RDE
LDE
MLB
ROLB
1CB
SS
FS
KR/PR

If Gonzo and Waters retire (and I'll bet anyone a shiny new nickel they do), add LG and maybe TE to that list.
I''ll have to disagree with DTs, for now. They take quite a bit of time to develop. If you can't be patient, then that's too bad. I think we only need one end. When Jared was here, Hali was much better, I think he'd get better with a better DE. A corner? I hope that's for depth. Everything else, I agree with.

brish
11-23-2008, 03:38 PM

What?!

Tyler Thigpen has talent, whether it is enough we will have to see.

Brandon Flowers has lots of talent, give him some time.
Brandon Carr has been playing pretty good too, give him some time..

Bowe is a good reciever, but he hasn't had the chance to really shine yet, because of Herm's run the ball philosophy and the lack of a good QB. Best rookie reciever last year!

Bernard Pollard has been playing pretty good the last few games.

Derrick Johnson is a former 1st rounder, and he has had good games before.

Jamaal Charles is very fast, and could become a niche playmaker!

Glenn Dorsey is a 1st round pick, its too early to say he isn't going to be good.

Branden Albert is actually doing okay, he's playing a new position and he's a rookie.

Not to mention the few good "vets" and the players we don't get to see play every game.

There are plenty of people with "talent" on this team, its making it all work at the same time that seems to be the problem. Take a look at the Patriots, a team which is notorius at taking "wash-outs" from other franchises and making them stars.
Chan Gailey is a step in the right direction, he puts the players before the "system".

Maybe it's time to let Herm go?!

jmlamerson
11-23-2008, 03:44 PM
I''ll have to disagree with DTs, for now. They take quite a bit of time to develop. If you can't be patient, then that's too bad. I think we only need one end. When Jared was here, Hali was much better, I think he'd get better with a better DE. A corner? I hope that's for depth. Everything else, I agree with.

Flowers and Carr are getting torched out there. They'd maybe be fine with a pass rush, but they'll get burned every time without one. I have no faith either will ever be a legitimate number one CB.

Hali stinks. Anyone would look good opposite JA. Hali's the 2nd worst staring DE in the NFL after Turk McBride.

Our DTs stink. We could have grabbed a couple of 7th rounders, and they wouldn't be playing worse. They can't rush the passer or stop the run. What good are they, and why the hell were they worth a 1st and 3rd rounder?

jmlamerson
11-23-2008, 03:45 PM
What?!

Tyler Thigpen has talent, whether it is enough we will have to see.

Brandon Flowers has lots of talent, give him some time.
Brandon Carr has been playing pretty good too, give him some time..

Bowe is a good reciever, but he hasn't had the chance to really shine yet, because of Herm's run the ball philosophy and the lack of a good QB. Best rookie reciever last year!

Bernard Pollard has been playing pretty good the last few games.

Derrick Johnson is a former 1st rounder, and he has had good games before.

Jamaal Charles is very fast, and could become a niche playmaker!

Glenn Dorsey is a 1st round pick, its too early to say he isn't going to be good.

Branden Albert is actually doing okay, he's playing a new position and he's a rookie.

Not to mention the few good "vets" and the players we don't get to see play every game.

There are plenty of people with "talent" on this team, its making it all work at the same time that seems to be the problem. Take a look at the Patriots, a team which is notorius at taking "wash-outs" from other franchises and making them stars.
Chan Gailey is a step in the right direction, he puts the players before the "system".

Maybe it's time to let Herm go?!

See my later post about who needs to go, and who needs to stay.

Three7s
11-23-2008, 03:51 PM
Flowers and Carr are getting torched out there. They'd maybe be fine with a pass rush, but they'll get burned every time without one. I have no faith either will ever be a legitimate number one CB.

Hali stinks. Anyone would look good opposite JA. Hali's the 2nd worst staring DE in the NFL after Turk McBride.

Our DTs stink. We could have grabbed a couple of 7th rounders, and they wouldn't be playing worse. They can't rush the passer or stop the run. What good are they, and why the hell were they worth a 1st and 3rd rounder?
Flowers hasn't even played since the TB game, and he's been part-time today. Also, I want you to look up the stats of Haynesworth his rookie year, you might be surprised.

drstandley31
11-23-2008, 03:53 PM
I guess when you're 1 - 18, you don't get A-game announcers. Holly crap these guys are awful. But no worse than our team as it turns out.

jmlamerson
11-23-2008, 04:05 PM
Flowers hasn't even played since the TB game, and he's been part-time today. Also, I want you to look up the stats of Haynesworth his rookie year, you might be surprised.

Dorsey has good stats with regards to tackles, but he is only getting tackles because teams keep rushing at him every down because he's awful against the run.

Hayneworth, his rookie year, helped the Titans have one of the best run defenses (ranked 2nd) in the league, only giving up 3.8 yds/carry (ranked 7th).

Edge: Haynesworth

okikcfan
11-23-2008, 04:41 PM

Sorry, but I think the Chiefs have plenty of talent, they just don't have a REAL HEAD COACH. Only time will tell. Being a Head Coach and Pretending to be a Head Coach is as Winning and losing, Cut Carl, Cut Herm, Get a real HC and GM. They want to rebuild, Well rebuild from the Top Down!!!

hardcorechiefsfan
11-23-2008, 04:55 PM

Can Herm do it?
Hermie can do anything he wants! (Only if that involves losing, because that is all he knows how to do,:lol:)

On a light note... Hermie was looking totally disgusted, or he was very embarrased by the chiefs' playing and being behind. When the camera was on him he was never speaking. Perhaps there is a resignation in this...? I can only hope...

jmlamerson
11-23-2008, 04:55 PM
Sorry, but I think the Chiefs have plenty of talent, they just don't have a REAL HEAD COACH. Only time will tell. Being a Head Coach and Pretending to be a Head Coach is as Winning and losing, Cut Carl, Cut Herm, Get a real HC and GM. They want to rebuild, Well rebuild from the Top Down!!!

You see, you are falling into the common trap. You think the Chiefs have a lot of young talent, and we just need someone to mold it. We don't.

I am willing to bet anyone $1,000, that four years (after all initial contracts have expired) from now, no more than three Chiefs drafted by Herm Edwards will be on the team.

You are missing the fact that every good, young Chief during the Herm/Carl administration has either been traded or let go as a FA after their contract was over.

You are missing the fact that, of our supposedly great twelve draft picks last year, only three, Carr, Albert, and to a lesser extent Charles, are contributing positively right now.

You are missing the fact that if you cut our entire 53-man roster, only 15-20 players are going to find homes on other teams, and only 5-6 (Gonzo, Waters, Bowe, Albert, LJ and maybe Carr) would be starting for another NFL team.

We need a massive infusion of talent on this team, in both the front office, coaching ranks, and personnel.

jmlamerson
11-23-2008, 04:57 PM
Hermie can do anything he wants! (Only if that involves losing, because that is all he knows how to do,:lol:)

On a light note... Hermie was looking totally disgusted, or he was very embarrased by the chiefs' playing and being behind. When the camera was on him he was never speaking. Perhaps there is a resignation in this...? I can only hope...

I hope it's embarassment. The defense was his baby, and it's a sieve. After he throws Gunther under the bus, he'll have no one else to blame.

slc chief
11-23-2008, 04:59 PM
I hope it's embarassment. The defense was his baby, and it's a sieve. After he throws Gunther under the bus, he'll have no one else to blame.
yeah he will he blame those same players he drafted he will throw everybody under the bus i wont be suprised if he starts blaming the fans

nigeriannightmare
11-23-2008, 05:21 PM
You see, you are falling into the common trap. You think the Chiefs have a lot of young talent, and we just need someone to mold it. We don't.

I am willing to bet anyone $1,000, that four years (after all initial contracts have expired) from now, no more than three Chiefs drafted by Herm Edwards will be on the team.

You are missing the fact that every good, young Chief during the Herm/Carl administration has either been traded or let go as a FA after their contract was over.

You are missing the fact that, of our supposedly great twelve draft picks last year, only three, Carr, Albert, and to a lesser extent Charles, are contributing positively right now.

You are missing the fact that if you cut our entire 53-man roster, only 15-20 players are going to find homes on other teams, and only 5-6 (Gonzo, Waters, Bowe, Albert, LJ and maybe Carr) would be starting for another NFL team.

We need a massive infusion of talent on this team, in both the front office, coaching ranks, and personnel.

I disagree with your perception of the talent on this team. I think we do have atheletes that are football savvy. I love Brandon Flowers. I absoltely blame this on the coaching. The defensive scheme is terrible. We get no pressure on the QB, despite having pretty good CB play. We are dead last in sacks, yet our pass defense wasn't in the bottom 3 where it should be. We have . terrible special teams play, its coaching

The head coach has never coached a team of completely 1st and 2nd year players, I think he has no clue as how to mentor them. He has never rebuilt any team in the NFL, yet we decided that he could do it with the Chiefs.. i don't know about the rest of you, but when I don't know someting I ask for help or make sure I know what I'm doing before I do it. This is his 3rd year as Hc and we just got 51 points but on us by the freaking Buffalo BIlls. Screw Herm, Carl, and Clark.

jmlamerson
11-23-2008, 05:42 PM
I disagree with your perception of the talent on this team. I think we do have atheletes that are football savvy. I love Brandon Flowers. I absoltely blame this on the coaching. The defensive scheme is terrible. We get no pressure on the QB, despite having pretty good CB play. We are dead last in sacks, yet our pass defense wasn't in the bottom 3 where it should be. We have . terrible special teams play, its coaching

The head coach has never coached a team of completely 1st and 2nd year players, I think he has no clue as how to mentor them. He has never rebuilt any team in the NFL, yet we decided that he could do it with the Chiefs.. i don't know about the rest of you, but when I don't know someting I ask for help or make sure I know what I'm doing before I do it. This is his 3rd year as Hc and we just got 51 points but on us by the freaking Buffalo BIlls. Screw Herm, Carl, and Clark.

Would I be able to get everyone to agree that the players we have at the following positions should be upgraded (if possible) in the offseason?

C
RG
RT
LDE
RDE
2DT
MLB
ROLB
FS
KR/PR

Would I be able to get everyone to agree that right now, we have serious questions as to whether these starters will be successful next year as to the following additional posiitons?

TE (Tony G. will demand trade or retire, and Cottam is unknown)
LG (Waters will probably retire)
RB (LJ is a discipline and suspension problem, and Charles doesn't have what it takes to be an every down back)
1DT (Dorsey looks completely lost)
SS (Pollard is getting slaughtered out there - we need a new scheme or a new SS)
1CB (Flowers can't stay healthy, and he is too slow to cover if no DL pressure)

Can I finally get us to agree that the people we have at the following positions (who are not referenced above) would probably not be starting elsewhere in the NFL, despite how well they may be doing for us?

QB (I like Thigpen, but he's a backup on any other team right now)
2WR (Bradley is doing really well, but he isn't starting elsewhere in the league)
ROLB (DJ has all the physical talent in the world, but he isn't there mentally)

Who does that leave?

1WR (Bowe is a stud)
LT (Albert is looking good, and would start at some position - RG or LT - on most lines)
FB (Cox is playing fine)
2CB (Carr looks like fine at this spot)
P (though colquitt needs to get healthy)
K (Barth is fine)

That's the unvarnsihed situation. You may agree or diasagree as to a couple of these (I know people like Pollard, and think the jury's out on Tank and Dorsey), but I think this is an accurate representation as to the status of the team.

In other words, we need talent, badly.

slc chief
11-23-2008, 06:03 PM
Would I be able to get everyone to agree that the players we have at the following positions should be upgraded (if possible) in the offseason?

C
RG
RT
LDE
RDE
2DT
MLB
ROLB
FS
KR/PR

Would I be able to get everyone to agree that right now, we have serious questions as to whether these starters will be successful next year as to the following additional posiitons?

RB (LJ is a discipline and suspension problem, and Charles doesn't have what it takes to be an every down back)
1DT (Dorsey looks completely lost)
SS (Pollard is getting slaughtered out there - we need a new scheme or a new SS)
1CB (Flowers can't stay healthy, and he is too slow to cover if no DL pressure)

Can I finally get us to agree that the people we have at the following positions (who are not referenced above) would probably not be starting elsewhere in the NFL, despite how well they may be doing for us?

QB (I like Thigpen, but he's a backup on any other team right now)
2WR (Bradley is doing really well, but he isn't starting elsewhere in the league)
ROLB (DJ has all the physical talent in the world, but he isn't there mentally)

Who does that leave?

1WR (Bowe is a stud)
LT (Albert is looking good, and would start at some position - RG or LT - on most lines)
FB (Cox is playing fine)
K (Barth is fine)

That's the unvarnsihed situation. You may agree or diasagree as to a couple of these (I know people like Pollard, and think the jury's out on Tank and Dorsey), but I think this is an accurate representation as to the status of the team.

disagree i know what a suprise bradley is playing wr just fine flowers is going to be a great cb dorsey will be fine guarantee if he went to another team next year he would tear it up witch he wont lj will not go anywhere to tied up with an o-line he can produce look at his numbers today we just drafted a pr/kr last year this was his first full game and quit hating on thigpen he had a bad day today but if he can bounce back and play well next week that is a sign of a good qb he moves the offense waters will probably retire tg will be traded so here is alist of our true talent

d-bowe solid
b albert- only 2 sacks given up this year
b flowers -if you can not see the potential out of this rook you are blind
b-carr -proven himself well so far for a rookie
lj given the space and the ball he can produce
m bradley- solid #2 wr duh
cox- doing well for fb
d johnson- not a hall of famer but descent
d colquit- hes a punter
here is a list of players that could be good next year

t thigpen qb of the future maybe not but he can move the offense
g dorsey remember d williams first year give him time
b cottam he can block and is learning from the best
k robinson let him get some return time
legget showed some life today

the problem with the chiefs is that this team is being rebuilt from the outside in not the inside out football games are won in the trenches and good teams have a good o and d line we fix that we might be sitting pretty

chief31
11-23-2008, 06:05 PM

C
RG
RT
LDE
RDE
2DT
MLB
ROLB
FS
KR/PR

If we had HOFers at every position, then I would still agree that we should upgrade every position, if possible. If it is possible to upgrade, then yeah, upgrade.

1DT (Dorsey looks completely lost) I will hold out a bit longer on this one. The guy is a rookie.
SS (Pollard is getting slaughtered out there - we need a new scheme or a new SS)He is being asked to do too much, considering the lack of pressure that we get. He has been a disappointment. But I think he would be alot better if the rest of the defense was getting their jobs done.
1CB (Flowers can't stay healthy, and he is too slow to cover if no DL pressure) There are exactly zero Dieon Sanders' and Rod Woodsons in the league right now. Nobody can cover NFL WRs with as little pressure as we are getting right now. And he is just a rookie.

QB (I like Thigpen, but he's a backup on any other team right now)No. Vikings. 49ers, just to start the list.
2WR (Bradley is doing really well, but he isn't starting elsewhere in the league) There are plenty of teams that need WRs. This is a reach.
ROLB (DJ has all the physical talent in the world, but he isn't there mentally)Not a chance. This guy can play.

Who does that leave?

1WR (Bowe is a stud)
FB (Cox is playing fine)
K (Barth is fine)

I have no doubt that you are over-reacting. A few weeks ago, the entire offense looked as bad as our defense does now.

I am thoroughly convinced that this defense has two major problems. Herm Edwards and Jared Allen.

Sure, there would still be smaller issues to address. But those two issues are paramount, in my opinion.

drstandley31
11-23-2008, 06:17 PM
There is a lot of decent talent on this team, it just takes 2 to 3 years for players to really develop. But that's when they are in a good system, with good coaching, and I don't believe we have that right now. Losing by 23 at home to an average team means that you're just not very good. Wasn't one or two bad plays, wasn't a bad call or two, it's just a colective group of young players, average coaching, and no hope. We go 3 games in a row with positive turnover ratio and lose. We have a negative turn over ration and get blown out. It's very frustrating and depressing. They come to Oh to play Cin to see who gets the Number 2 pick, and I can't even stomach to go watch it. It's a 90 mile drive and I'm sure they're giving tickets away and I still can't stomach it. But just in-case, watch for the guy with the brown paper bag on his head, chiefs flag, good looking blond drinking beer beside him, and a banner saying "Thanks Herm". might go just for that reason.

jmlamerson
11-23-2008, 06:25 PM
disagree i know what a suprise bradley is playing wr just fine flowers is going to be a great cb dorsey will be fine guarantee if he went to another team next year he would tear it up witch he wont lj will not go anywhere to tied up with an o-line he can produce look at his numbers today we just drafted a pr/kr last year this was his first full game and quit hating on thigpen he had a bad day today but if he can bounce back and play well next week that is a sign of a good qb he moves the offense waters will probably retire tg will be traded so here is alist of our true talent

d-bowe solid
b albert- only 2 sacks given up this year
b flowers -if you can not see the potential out of this rook you are blind
b-carr -proven himself well so far for a rookie
lj given the space and the ball he can produce
m bradley- solid #2 wr duh
cox- doing well for fb
d johnson- not a hall of famer but descent
d colquit- hes a punter
here is a list of players that could be good next year

t thigpen qb of the future maybe not but he can move the offense
g dorsey remember d williams first year give him time
b cottam he can block and is learning from the best
k robinson let him get some return time
legget showed some life today

the problem with the chiefs is that this team is being rebuilt from the outside in not the inside out football games are won in the trenches and good teams have a good o and d line we fix that we might be sitting pretty

I want to respond fully, but I can't understand what you are writing. I'm not trying to be rude, but you're not making much sense when you write like this.

If I understand correctly, you and I listed the same folks as talented except for Flowers and LJ. I said Bradley, DJ, and Thigpen were doing fine, they just wouldn't be starting elsewhere.

I still say Flowers is a question mark, and LJ won't be on the team next year. However, even if I accept Flowers, LJ, Robinson, Dorsey, and Cottam, You're admitting we still lack people (or have massive questions) at:

C
RG
RT
LDE
2DT
RDE
MLB
ROLB
SS
FS

That 10 out of 25 (22 starters plus KR/PR, K, and P) starting positions, and that's only if Flowers, LJ, Cottam, Robinson, and Dorsey turn out. If they don't, that's 15 out of 25 (and the more critical 15).

And of the 10-15 we agree can be starters, three are at non-critical positions (FB, K, and P), and the rest (except Bowe and maybe Albert) aren't in the top 20 at their position.

Given that we need upgrades or at least have big questions regarding the majority of our roster, do you think I exaggerated when I said we need a massive transfusion of talent?

Right now our starters for next year are as follows. I've placed an asterick near people who need upgrades, and a plus sign near those with questions:

QB: Thigpen
RB: LJ +
FB: Cox
1WR: Bowe
2WR: Bradley
TE: Cottam +
LT: Albert
LG: Unknown *
C: Nigwanger *
RG: Albai Jones *
RT: McIntosh *

LDE: Hali *
1DT: Dorsey +
2DT: Tank *
RDE: McBride *
LOLB: DJ
MLB: Pat Thomas *
ROLB: Donnie Edwards *
1CB: Flowers
SS: Pollard +
FS: Page *
2CB:Carr

KR/PR: Robinson +
K: Barth
P: Colquitt

When you look at it this way, can you say we're a team on the rise, or would you say that we're a team that needs, massive help?

jmlamerson
11-23-2008, 06:31 PM
I have no doubt that you are over-reacting. A few weeks ago, the entire offense looked as bad as our defense does now.

I am thoroughly convinced that this defense has two major problems. Herm Edwards and Jared Allen.

Sure, there would still be smaller issues to address. But those two issues are paramount, in my opinion.

Chief31, check my response below. Even if I agree entirely with you, we'll still have no one NFL-worthy talent at half of our starting positions (and that's including FB, K, and P). Am I wrong then, when I say we don't have the good young talent everyone thinks?

Three7s
11-23-2008, 07:00 PM

Of course he's over-reacting. When some people watch a bad/young team, some people just like to take the full plunge into negativity. I just look at what I see and then check out the stats to compare to their play. I see a young team that has young talent. If we went by what jml said, we'd be stuck in rebuild mode for the rest of franchise history, since almost no rookie is good in his first season.

jmlamerson
11-23-2008, 07:14 PM
Of course he's over-reacting. When some people watch a bad/young team, some people just like to take the full plunge into negativity. I just look at what I see and then check out the stats to compare to their play. I see a young team that has young talent. If we went by what jml said, we'd be stuck in rebuild mode for the rest of franchise history, since almost no rookie is good in his first season.

Three7s, I'm beginning to believe you work for the Chiefs front office. Like them, you've never heard of free agency. Maybe we could use free agency to fill our most pressing needs, and then bring up young players behind our free agents. Instead of relying on the draft entirely to fill needs.

Everyone keeps saying that we need years to develop DTs and DEs. Don't you think this is an excellent argument against using only 1st to 3rd year players on the DL?

Maybe we should sign some young (25-28 years old) free agents, and let our young players mature behind them?

Three7s
11-23-2008, 07:19 PM
Three7s, I'm beginning to believe you work for the Chiefs front office. Like them, you've never heard of free agency. Maybe we could use free agency to fill our most pressing needs, and then bring up young players behind our free agents. Instead of relying on the draft entirely to fill needs.

Everyone keeps saying that we need years to develop DTs and DEs. Don't you think this is an excellent argument against using only 1st to 3rd year players on the DL?

Maybe we should sign some young (25-28 years old) free agents, and let our young players mature behind them?
Funny, because if I worked for the front office, I would've highly endorsed this. I DO think we went into the rebuild mode a bit overboard, but we can't change that now. Just another stupid move by Carl and Herm.

jmlamerson
11-23-2008, 07:26 PM
Funny, because if I worked for the front office, I would've highly endorsed this. I DO think we went into the rebuild mode a bit overboard, but we can't change that now. Just another stupid move by Carl and Herm.

But we can change that now!!!!! We're going to be over $50M under the salary cap! We can afford anyone we want. The question is whether they'll join us.

Bike
11-23-2008, 07:32 PM
But we can change that now!!!!! We're going to be over $50M under the salary cap! We can afford anyone we want. The question is whether they'll join us.
As long as king carl aint making these $50M decisions...

greg3564
11-23-2008, 07:40 PM
There is a lot of decent talent on this team, it just takes 2 to 3 years for players to really develop. But that's when they are in a good system, with good coaching, and I don't believe we have that right now. Losing by 23 at home to an average team means that you're just not very good. Wasn't one or two bad plays, wasn't a bad call or two, it's just a colective group of young players, average coaching, and no hope. We go 3 games in a row with positive turnover ratio and lose. We have a negative turn over ration and get blown out. It's very frustrating and depressing. They come to Oh to play Cin to see who gets the Number 2 pick, and I can't even stomach to go watch it. It's a 90 mile drive and I'm sure they're giving tickets away and I still can't stomach it. But just in-case, watch for the guy with the brown paper bag on his head, chiefs flag, good looking blond drinking beer beside him, and a banner saying "Thanks Herm". might go just for that reason.

Average coaching? More like piss poor coaching. These coaches just can't seem to motivate the players and the play calling sucks. Let's face it, we won't know if this youth experiment will work or not. I just don't see it working without solid veteran leadership. But the coaching is terrible, Gunther has lost his touch and Herm is what his record says he is...A big fat LOSER.

jmlamerson
11-23-2008, 07:48 PM
As long as king carl aint making these $50M decisions...

So many are so no-brainer. If we could sign three of the following five: Karlos Dansby (I'd start him at ROLB), Jordan Gross, Nnamdi Asomugha, Terrell Suggs (I'd move him back to DE), and Albert Haynesworth, it would solve so very, very many of our problems.

In addition, sign good veteran FAs at C, RG, RDE, MLB, etc. Let your rookies actually get a year under them before starting. Act like a real damn team.

Bike
11-23-2008, 07:55 PM
So many are so no-brainer. If we could sign three of the following five: Karlos Dansby (I'd start him at ROLB), Jordan Gross, Nnamdi Asomugha, Terrell Suggs (I'd move him back to DE), and Albert Haynesworth, it would solve so very, very many of our problems.

In addition, sign good veteran FAs at C, RG, RDE, MLB, etc. Let your rookies actually get a year under them before starting. Act like a real damn team.
Sounds good. Why not do it? Dansby is an animal...