PDA

View Full Version : I'm Sick of it

drstandley31
11-23-2008, 04:34 PM
So sick of starting my week this way. Every week.

jmlamerson
11-23-2008, 04:45 PM
So sick of starting my week this way. Every week.

The first thing you have to do is accept that fact that we are not almost fixed. If you start thinking that our team is a couple years, a couple players, or a new coach away, it will drive you nuts.

This team isn't a little but away. Our team has the least talent in the history of the NFL - from the owner, to the GM, to the coaches, to the players. There are diamonds in the rough (Gailey, Tony G., Thigpen, Waters, Bradley, etc.), but they are few and far between. We cannot get back to respectability easily. This team needs to be rebuilt from the GM on down to the kick returner.

When you have accepted that, you will feel much better. Knowing, as opposed to fearing, that your team is going in the wrong direction is very liberating. Realizing that the entire culture needs to be changed, instead of a couple things, means you don't get too upset when idiocies like cutting Napo, Savage, or Eric Walden occur like they have the later part of this season.

You should not begin to hope until foundational changes are made. When the Chiefs sign good, young FAs, you can begin to hope. When they sign their own good, young free agents instead of trading them or letting them go, then you can have hope. When our defensive schemes fit our defensive players, then you can have hope. When we begin drafting to our needs rather than drafting an impressive collection of TEs, then you have hope.

Until then, rest assured that the climate of losing created by Herm/Carl will not end until their entire philosophy of team building is destroyed.

slc chief
11-23-2008, 04:50 PM
The first thing you have to do is accept that fact that we are not almost fixed. If you start thinking that our team is a couple years, a couple players, or a new coach away, it will drive you nuts.

This team isn't a little but away. Our team has the least talent in the history of the NFL - from the owner, to the GM, to the coaches, to the players. There are diamonds in the rough (Gailey, Tony G., Thigpen, Waters, Bradley, etc.), but they are few and far between. We cannot get back to respectability easily. This team needs to be rebuilt from the GM on down to the kick returner.

When you have accepted that, you will feel much better. Knowing, as opposed to fearing, that your team is going in the wrong direction is very liberating. Realizing that the entire culture needs to be changed, instead of a couple things, means you don't get too upset when idiocies like cutting Napo, Savage, or Eric Walden occur like they have the later part of this season.

You should not begin to hope until foundational changes are made. When the Chiefs sign good, young FAs, you can begin to hope. When they sign their own good, young free agents instead of trading them or letting them go, then you can have hope. When our defensive schemes fit our defensive players, then you can have hope. When we begin drafting to our needs rather than drafting an impressive collection of TEs, then you have hope.

Until then, rest assured that the climate of losing created by Herm/Carl will not end until their entire philosophy of team building is destroyed.

you are one negative chiefs fan it is starting to get old this team will be a contender in a few years wait and see a few o-line free agents and draft picks a de end draft or free agent and some lbs draft or free agent and this team will be well on there way they have some bright spots in there young players if you can not see that than you are blind

Big Daddy Tek
11-23-2008, 04:52 PM

Wow, I wonder how long you've been watching football. I could blow this awful post up into 1000 pieces, but I just dont have the energy for you after this pitiful loss.

brish
11-23-2008, 04:54 PM
A little to negative for me, but you have some a point about the GM and coaches. But how can you call Tony Gonzales and Waters diamonds in the rough? Gonzo is probaby a first ballet Hall of Famer. :D

Big Daddy Tek
11-23-2008, 04:54 PM
you are one negative chiefs fan it is starting to get old this team will be a contender in a few years wait and see a few o-line free agents and draft picks a de end draft or free agent and some lbs draft or free agent and this team will be well on there way they have some bright spots in there young players if you can not see that than you are blind
I agree, that ************* guy is a complete Al Davis. (translation= jackass)

okikcfan
11-23-2008, 04:55 PM

We have new, young players, Yes, we have the youngest team in the NFL right now. But we DO have Talent. We Need Talent @ Coaching. It's time for Clark to step up to the plate and start HIS rebuilding of the Team, and yes just as you said from the GM and the HC down.

Three7s
11-23-2008, 04:56 PM
Since when do people listen to jml anyways?

slc chief
11-23-2008, 04:57 PM
Wow, I wonder how long you've been watching football. I could blow this awful post up into 1000 pieces, but I just dont have the energy for you after this pitiful loss.

starting with his drafting a te if i recall our hall of fame tight end wont be here much longer and it is better to address this while he is still here so the new guy can learn from him duh but this is coming from a guy who thinks the faiders lions and bengals have better young players than the chiefs all you had to do was listen to the commentators from todays game jm

jmlamerson
11-23-2008, 05:01 PM
A little to negative for me, but you have some a point about the GM and coaches. But how can you call Tony Gonzales and Waters diamonds in the rough? Gonzo is probaby a first ballet Hall of Famer. :D

By diamonds in the rough, I am saying that they are good players among players that aren't so good. It is a compliment to them.

chief31
11-23-2008, 05:03 PM
starting with his drafting a te if i recall our hall of fame tight end wont be here much longer and it is better to adress this while he is still here so the new guy can learn from him duh but this is coming from a guy who thinks the faiders lions and bengals have better young players than the chiefs all you had to do was listen to the commentators from todays game jm

JM is vastly over-reacting. But drafting a TE to be groomed for a couple of years, when you have several starting positions that aren't covered is, most definitely a bad idea.

And listening to commentators is also a bad idea. I can assure you that if they were announcing that they thought this team was just flat-out horrible, their jobs would be on the line.

They are not allowed to be too negative about the product that they are selling. That is considered bad business.

jmlamerson
11-23-2008, 05:05 PM
Since when do people listen to jml anyways?

Um, ever since I've been completely right about everything (except Thigpen - I never saw him being 1/2 as good)? Would that be a good time?

Yeah, I'm very, very negative about this team right now. That's because thinking everything is going to be OK won't do anyone any good.

You are all deluding yourself if you think we are on a team on the rise. We are a bad team that hasn't hit rock bottom yet. We have just finished the worst 20-game stretch in NFL history for a non-expansion team. We have the worst record in the NFL over the past two seasons. Rearranging the deck chairs won't stop this ship from sinking.

jmlamerson
11-23-2008, 05:09 PM
starting with his drafting a te if i recall our hall of fame tight end wont be here much longer and it is better to address this while he is still here so the new guy can learn from him duh but this is coming from a guy who thinks the faiders lions and bengals have better young players than the chiefs all you had to do was listen to the commentators from todays game jm

Chief31 has it right.

In 2008, we drafted Cottam with a 3rd round pick and signed him to a three-year deal.

In mid-2008, we refused to trade Tony G., despite the fact that he asked for one, we're "rebuilding," and we supposedly have the TE of the future in the wings.

At the end of 2008, Tony G. will demand a trade or retire. We will get less than the 3rd round pick we asked for, because Tony G. is older, and we have no leverage as he may retire.

If Tony G. doesn't retire and stays with the Chiefs, and he has two more years in him, then drafting Cottam as his backup, instead of drafting a RG/RT was a massive mistake.

How, exactly, did this draft pick make any sense if we are not trading Tony?

slc chief
11-23-2008, 05:12 PM
JM is vastly over-reacting. But drafting a TE to be groomed for a couple of years, when you have several starting positions that aren't covered is, most definitely a bad idea.

And listening to commentators is also a bad idea. I can assure you that if they were announcing that they thought this team was just flat-out horrible, their jobs would be on the line.

They are not allowed to be too negative about the product that they are selling. That is considered bad business.

thats what i am getting at i doubt it will be a couple of years he is being broken in this year and will most likely be our starting tight end next year and i dont base my opinions from the commentators i can see by watching the game some of the talent these young players have but i doubt the commentators have to sale anything with the nfl it sales itself but it came out of randy crosses mouth when he said this team has talent on the offensive side of the ball it just has to come together witch is true he did not get forced to say that one problem with a statement he made was when he said herm was a good football coach that i could not disagree more with

nigeriannightmare
11-23-2008, 05:12 PM
We have new, young players, Yes, we have the youngest team in the NFL right now. But we DO have Talent. We Need Talent @ Coaching. It's time for Clark to step up to the plate and start HIS rebuilding of the Team, and yes just as you said from the GM and the HC down.

We haVE tlaent at a few positons, but it doesn't matter how good we are. Herm Edwards is a sub par NFL coach, he is not the answer to this team. The fact that we may very well go 1-15 and Herm isn't even in the hotseat makes me question Clark. There is talent on this team,. but the coaching is absolutely below average. I am placing the blame of the failure of this franchise on Clark. Herm i14-29 as a head coach and not in the hot seat. This is absolutely astounding to me. I don't care what anyone says. Statistically this defense is as bad as any D under the Vermeil years. You can say we are young and inexperienced, but when you have no vets, or coaches to mentor, it doesn't matter how much talent we have. I am done blaming Herm. Screw Clark, he obviously doesn't give a ****.

jmlamerson
11-23-2008, 05:16 PM
thats what i am getting at i doubt it will be a couple of years he is being broken in this year and will most likely be our starting tight end next year and i dont base my opinions from the commentators i can see by watching the game some of the talent these young players have but i doubt the commentators have to sale anything with the nfl it sales itself but it came out of randy crosses mouth when he said this team has talent on the offensive side of the ball it just has to come together witch is true he did not get forced to say that one problem with a statement he made was when he said herm was a good football coach that i could not disagree more with

(1) Commentators never criticize coaches, GMs, or players, unless its for some egregious behavior. Not just for being terrible.

(2) No NFL personality is going to criticize a minority coach, as they are embarassed by the fact that so few coaches are minorities.

(3) If Cottam is to be our starting TE in 2009, then what possible sense did it make not to trade Tony G. as midseason like he asked? We're going to get less, not more, for him when the season is over.

chief31
11-23-2008, 05:18 PM
We haVE tlaent at a few positons, but it doesn't matter how good we are. Herm Edwards is a sub par NFL coach, he is not the answer to this team. The fact that we may very well go 1-15 and Herm isn't even in the hotseat makes me question Clark. There is talent on this team,. but the coaching is absolutely below average. I am placing the blame of the failure of this franchise on Clark. Herm i14-29 as a head coach and not in the hot seat. This is absolutely astounding to me. I don't care what anyone says. Statistically this defense is as bad as any D under the Vermeil years. You can say we are young and inexperienced, but when you have no vets, or coaches to mentor, it doesn't matter how much talent we have. I am done blaming Herm. Screw Clark, he obviously doesn't give a ****.

I have been wondering something about Clark.

Why would Lamar Hunt ask CP to promise to take care of the Arrowhead renovations and see this 'rebuild' through, instead of just asking Clark to do it?

I am wondering if Lamar didn't believe that his son would not be able to commit to anything.

slc chief
11-23-2008, 05:20 PM
(1) Commentators never criticize coaches, GMs, or players, unless its for some egregious behavior. Not just for being terrible.

(2) No NFL personality is going to criticize a minority coach, as they are embarassed by the fact that so few coaches are minorities.

(3) If Cottam is to be our starting TE in 2009, then what possible sense did it make not to trade Tony G. as midseason like he asked? We're going to get less, not more, for him when the season is over.

agree with all 3 but the reason tony did not get traded is well you know the teams that were interested had to deal with carl actually nobody offerd to much to begin with i hope tony stays but i do not see it happening

jmlamerson
11-23-2008, 05:25 PM

Also, I never said the Raiders or Bengals had better young talent than us - I said they had more talent now.

The Lions do have more young talent than we do. They also were smart enought to fire Millen after seven years. We aren't smart enough to fire CP after twenbty years.

jmlamerson
11-23-2008, 05:27 PM
agree with all 3 but the reason tony did not get traded is well you know the teams that were interested had to deal with carl actually nobody offerd to much to begin with i hope tony stays but i do not see it happening

The Eagles offered a 3rd round pick, which will probably be middle of the round. We aren't ever going to do better than that. We knew we were in a losing season anyway, and we wouldn't have Tony in 2009. How did this sequence of events make any sense?!

slc chief
11-23-2008, 05:35 PM
Also, I never said the Raiders or Bengals had better young talent than us - I said they had more talent now.

The Lions do have more young talent than we do. They also were smart enought to fire Millen after seven years. We aren't smart enough to fire CP after twenbty years.
previous post i thought you had there is no way the lions have more young talent i can only think of one player good they have and that is calvin johnson and oh yeah they still have not won a game or even been close to being competitive and keeping millen around after his third year was a dumb idea

NJChiefs
11-23-2008, 06:23 PM

The blind are those who feel the need to remain positive in the face of an embarassing disaster of a season. This team is more than a few years from a respectable season. A "real" fan is critical when criticism is due. And it was due a long time ago. And please punctuate. Your posts give me a headache.

jerhart
11-23-2008, 06:24 PM
The blind are those who feel the need to remain positive in the face of an embarassing disaster of a season. This team is more than a few years from a respectable season. A "real" fan is critical when criticism is due. And it was due a long time ago. And please punctuate. Your posts give me a headache.

Uh-oh...get ready newb!

Chiefster
11-23-2008, 06:32 PM

One can be optimistic or pessimistic and still be a real fan. I started two threads about today's game with both in mind. Please restrict commentary to the appropriate thread.

That is all.

NJChiefs
11-23-2008, 06:48 PM
One can be optimistic or pessimistic and still be a real fan. I started two threads about today's game with both in mind. Please restrict commentary to the appropriate thread.

That is all.

Agreed. And my apologies to SLC Chief. I'm just really po'd right now. And I agree that one can be "optimistic or pessimistic" and still be a real fan. But I think we all can at least be "realistic" and agree that this is one of the worst teams in the history of the NFL. At least that way we can start from scratch, dump Herm, and move on. If we insist on finding a silver lining, then we're giving Herm some wiggle room and we'll be stuck with him for the next several years.

Three7s
11-23-2008, 06:53 PM
Um, ever since I've been completely right about everything (except Thigpen - I never saw him being 1/2 as good)? Would that be a good time?

Yeah, I'm very, very negative about this team right now. That's because thinking everything is going to be OK won't do anyone any good.

You are all deluding yourself if you think we are on a team on the rise. We are a bad team that hasn't hit rock bottom yet. We have just finished the worst 20-game stretch in NFL history for a non-expansion team. We have the worst record in the NFL over the past two seasons. Rearranging the deck chairs won't stop this ship from sinking.
You think I don't know that? Come on, I'm usually the one that leads the charge on how bad we are! But to say that we have the worst talent of any team in NFL history is just plain silly. You can be negative, I like fans that are realists about their team, but you are completely on the other side of the fence.

slc chief
11-23-2008, 07:03 PM

for one you are nobody to say who is a chiefs fan or not does this team suck well duh look at the record i do not need to hear it in every single post and dont come in here trying to be an english teacher nobody has time for that to say we have the worst talent in the league is assonite there is some talent on the team we all knew what we were in store for at the begining of the year it is what it is theres people who need to go and there is some that need to stay and oh yeah no need to apologize because you have no cred anyway

slc chief
11-23-2008, 07:06 PM
Agreed. And my apologies to SLC Chief. I'm just really po'd right now. And I agree that one can be "optimistic or pessimistic" and still be a real fan. But I think we all can at least be "realistic" and agree that this is one of the worst teams in the history of the NFL. At least that way we can start from scratch, dump Herm, and move on. If we insist on finding a silver lining, then we're giving Herm some wiggle room and we'll be stuck with him for the next several years.

actually disregard my post as well as i am really pissed off about the teams performance today screw herm and carl welcome to the crowd

jmlamerson
11-23-2008, 07:07 PM
You think I don't know that? Come on, I'm usually the one that leads the charge on how bad we are! But to say that we have the worst talent of any team in NFL history is just plain silly. You can be negative, I like fans that are realists about their team, but you are completely on the other side of the fence.

Well, I basically posted this on another thread, but would I be able to get you to agree that the players beow are not NFL caliber players at the following positions, and that upgrading them hould be our number one priority?

C
RG
RT
LDE
RDE
2DT
MLB
ROLB
FS
KR/PR

Would I be able to get everyone to agree that right now, we have serious questions as to whether these starters will be successful next year as to the following additional posiitons?

TE (Tony G. will demand trade or retire, and Cottam is unknown)
LG (Waters will probably retire)
RB (LJ is a discipline and suspension problem, and Charles doesn't have what it takes to be an every down back)
1DT (Dorsey looks completely lost)
SS (Pollard is getting slaughtered out there - we need a new scheme or a new SS)

Who does that leave?

QB (I like Thigpen as a starter next year at least)
1WR (Bowe is a stud)
2WR (Bradley is doing really well)
LT (Albert is looking good, and would start at some position - RG or LT - on most lines)
FB (Cox is playing fine)
ROLB (DJ is fine)
1CB (I have questions still, but I'll wait until he's healthy for a season)
2CB (Carr looks like fine at this spot)
P (though colquitt needs to get healthy)
K (Barth is fine)

That's the unvarnsihed situation. You may agree or diasagree as to a couple of these (I know people like Pollard, and think the jury's out on Tank and Dorsey), but I think this is an accurate representation as to the status of the team.

We have 10 worthy starters although that includes K, P, and FB. Of those 7 (not including K, FB, or P), only Bowe and maybe Albert can be said to be in the top 20 at their position. That leaves us 5 question marks, and 10 who need badly to go.

In other words, we need talent, badly.

Bike
11-23-2008, 07:07 PM
This team has no direction, no leadership, no hope.
Even I can't stay positive at this point. Unreal.
And now we got to rebuild.........again.

Three7s
11-23-2008, 07:16 PM
Well, I basically posted this on another thread, but would I be able to get you to agree that the players beow are not NFL caliber players at the following positions, and that upgrading them hould be our number one priority?

C
RG
RT
LDE
RDE
2DT
MLB
ROLB
FS
KR/PR

Would I be able to get everyone to agree that right now, we have serious questions as to whether these starters will be successful next year as to the following additional posiitons?

TE (Tony G. will demand trade or retire, and Cottam is unknown)
LG (Waters will probably retire)
RB (LJ is a discipline and suspension problem, and Charles doesn't have what it takes to be an every down back)
1DT (Dorsey looks completely lost)
SS (Pollard is getting slaughtered out there - we need a new scheme or a new SS)

Who does that leave?

QB (I like Thigpen as a starter next year at least)
1WR (Bowe is a stud)
2WR (Bradley is doing really well)
LT (Albert is looking good, and would start at some position - RG or LT - on most lines)
FB (Cox is playing fine)
ROLB (DJ is fine)
1CB (I have questions still, but I'll wait until he's healthy for a season)
2CB (Carr looks like fine at this spot)
P (though colquitt needs to get healthy)
K (Barth is fine)

That's the unvarnsihed situation. You may agree or diasagree as to a couple of these (I know people like Pollard, and think the jury's out on Tank and Dorsey), but I think this is an accurate representation as to the status of the team.

We have 10 worthy starters although that includes K, P, and FB. Of those 7 (not including K, FB, or P), only Bowe and maybe Albert can be said to be in the top 20 at their position. That leaves us 5 question marks, and 10 who need badly to go.

In other words, we need talent, badly.
I'm very close to throwing Hali under the bus, some already have, I know. I don't like Tank very much, so I'm with you there, but I just don't think it's fair to Dorsey to completely justify him after his rookie season, I think he'll get better and will naturally upgrade itself.

As for immediate upgrade, that's obviously DE and MLB, those are absolute must areas. I can live with just one DE acquisition for now, but if we can get two, then great. We may have our FS in Morgan, but he never plays, may as well give him a shot for the rest of the season.

jmlamerson
11-23-2008, 07:24 PM
I'm very close to throwing Hali under the bus, some already have, I know. I don't like Tank very much, so I'm with you there, but I just don't think it's fair to Dorsey to completely justify him after his rookie season, I think he'll get better and will naturally upgrade itself.

As for immediate upgrade, that's obviously DE and MLB, those are absolute must areas. I can live with just one DE acquisition for now, but if we can get two, then great. We may have our FS in Morgan, but he never plays, may as well give him a shot for the rest of the season.

So, I think we agree about most. And if so, would you agree that our talent level is far below the rosy estimates of most people? We have big questions at the majority of positions right now.

However, we do disagree about Morgan. Morgan is too slow and too bad at coverage to play FS, especially in the Cover 2 - he's a natural SS. I know what you're thinking, why did we draft a backup SS in the 3rd round behind the 23-year-old Pollard when we badly needed OL? That is a very good question.

I didn't say Dorsey was bad - just that he's a question mark. He may turn out better, but he's a revolving door right now. And even 1st year DTs usually do better than him. He only has tackles because people keep running right at him because he's a sieve right now. I mean, we could plug any undrafted rookie in his spot right now and get the same production.

Tank, Turk, and Hali all need to be replaced as starters.

Three7s
11-23-2008, 07:43 PM
So, I think we agree about most. And if so, would you agree that our talent level is far below the rosy estimates of most people? We have big questions at the majority of positions right now.

However, we do disagree about Morgan. Morgan is too slow and too bad at coverage to play FS, especially in the Cover 2 - he's a natural SS. I know what you're thinking, why did we draft a backup SS in the 3rd round behind the 23-year-old Pollard when we badly needed OL? That is a very good question.

I didn't say Dorsey was bad - just that he's a question mark. He may turn out better, but he's a revolving door right now. And even 1st year DTs usually do better than him. He only has tackles because people keep running right at him because he's a sieve right now. I mean, we could plug any undrafted rookie in his spot right now and get the same production.

Tank, Turk, and Hali all need to be replaced as starters.
As for the FS thing, the main reason I haven't liked Page for awhile is that he can't tackle or deliver a blow when needed. His coverage seems decent, but he does get burned at times. He does have a knack for making some picks. If I could get a better tackling Page, then I'd be satisfied.

jmlamerson
11-23-2008, 07:52 PM
As for the FS thing, the main reason I haven't liked Page for awhile is that he can't tackle or deliver a blow when needed. His coverage seems decent, but he does get burned at times. He does have a knack for making some picks. If I could get a better tackling Page, then I'd be satisfied.

Page gets about three INTs a year. That isn't terrible, but it isn't enough to justify his starting position, especially since he can't tackle or cover the long ball. I still have nightmares of him v. Roddy White in ATL.

Let's just pick up a FS in FA. Someone better than Jon McGraw if possible.

Bike
11-23-2008, 07:52 PM
Forgive me for butting in on your debate, but better tackling is needed on the entire defense. 54 points.
Last in the league in every category.
Why hasn't somebody done something??
Why wait for even one more loss to flush this entire gm/coaching staff?

Three7s
11-23-2008, 07:55 PM
Forgive me for butting in on your debate, but better tackling is needed on the entire defense. 54 points.
Last in the league in every category.
Why hasn't somebody done something??
Why wait for even one more loss to flush this entire gm/coaching staff?
If I were the head-honcho, Gunther would be out of here first thing in the morning.

Bike
11-23-2008, 08:02 PM
If I were the head-honcho, Gunther would be out of here first thing in the morning.
If I were the head-honcho, Cowher would be the one kickin' his a$$ out the door...:bananen_smilies046:

jmlamerson
11-23-2008, 08:07 PM

Me too. I don't know if the past three years have been fair for him, given the HCs idiotic Cover 2 scheme, trading his best player (JA), not getting him veteran help, etc., but we need someone new, if only as a wakeup call to the players and fans.