PDA

View Full Version : The Silver Lining Reaction To Today's Game Against Buffalo!

Chiefster
11-23-2008, 06:06 PM
...Pessimists need not apply! :sign0098:

IlovetheChiefs
11-23-2008, 06:52 PM
- We scored 31 points!

- Tony G caught 10 passes for 113 yards

- We've been good many times before and this 1-19 skid won't last forever. We will have a winning team again!

- Jamaal Charles caught a td pass and had a 20 yd run (too bad they won't give him the ball more often).

Other good news today (but doesn't have anything to do with the Chiefs, though):

-The Eagles lost by more than we did (36-7!) and Donovan McNabb had 3 INTs and one fumble for the second week in a row and was benched after the first half. What a bum he is!

- The Donks are losing 31-10 to the Faders! (Yes I know we don't like to see Jokeland win, but since they are 2-8 and out of the playoffs and Denver is 6-4, I say this is GREAT because it serves to mess up Denver's season [whereas Oakland's is already ruined, haha!]). Boy the AFC West is absolutely horrid this year, eh?

- The Lions lost again (so they still have a worse record than us at 0-11).

Three7s
11-23-2008, 06:54 PM
So, you're saying I can't post? Darn! :(

Just kidding!

Scored 31 points, which is alright. Go offense?

jmlamerson
11-23-2008, 07:17 PM

Gailey, Thigpen, Bowe, Bradley, Albert, Carr, and Gonzo all look like NFL caliber players.

jerhart
11-23-2008, 07:20 PM
Quinn Grey was solid in his one drive. :D

greg3564
11-23-2008, 08:01 PM
- Jamaal Charles caught a td pass and had a 20 yd run (too bad they won't give him the ball more often).

I wonder why they aren't using him more? I know some here have said he's not an every down back. People said that about him at Texas. He went on to tear up defenses and break school records. He's the kind of player that defenses can't catch once he's in the second level. Maybe that's the problem, our offense can't open up decent holes to run through. Could be that high ankle sprain is still bothering him. I would sure like to see him play more.

Coach
11-23-2008, 08:24 PM
The team is getting healthier and getting more experience.

jerhart
11-23-2008, 08:33 PM
We have a QB who is good for at least 2-3 TD's a game.:yahoo:

Is anyone selling #4 jerseys yet?

Chiefster
11-23-2008, 08:33 PM
I wonder why they aren't using him more? I know some here have said he's not an every down back. People said that about him at Texas. He went on to tear up defenses and break school records. He's the kind of player that defenses can't catch once he's in the second level. Maybe that's the problem, our offense can't open up decent holes to run through. Could be that high ankle sprain is still bothering him. I would sure like to see him play more.

Remember this is the thread of optimism! :11: :D

Chiefster
11-23-2008, 08:34 PM
The team is getting healthier and getting more experience.

That is always a good thing!

IlovetheChiefs
11-23-2008, 09:33 PM
Here's another silver lining: We lost 54-31, right? Well earlier this year the Cardinals lost by a similar score to the Jets, 56-35. Since then, the Cards have gone 5-2.
Heh, not really much to bank on there. :)

Besides the Jets are playing unreal this year with that Brett Favre. I correctly predicted they would give the Titans their first loss today (though I didn't expect they would rout em'!). That would be something if it's the Giants and the Jets in the SB.

Three7s
11-23-2008, 09:45 PM
Here's another silver lining: We lost 54-31, right? Well earlier this year the Cardinals lost by a similar score to the Jets, 56-35. Since then, the Cards have gone 5-2.

Besides the Jets are playing unreal this year with that Brett Favre. I correctly predicted they would give the Titans their first loss today (though I didn't expect they would rout em'!). That would be something if it's the Giants and the Jets in the SB.
I'd be rooting for the Jets. I'm a Favre fan, and I hate anything that has to do with the drama queen division, aka the NFC East.

IlovetheChiefs
11-23-2008, 09:59 PM
I'd be rooting for the Jets. I'm a Favre fan, and I hate anything that has to do with the drama queen division, aka the NFC East.

I can tolerate the Redskins, but I also hate the Giants, Cowgirls, and Ickles. And I can't stand the Patriots so that's another reason I'm glad to see the Jets doing good this year.

greg3564
11-23-2008, 10:16 PM
Remember this is the thread of optimism! :11: :D

My bad...We know Quinn Gray can throw 7/8 for 76 yards and a TD. There, something positive. :yahoo:

YZILLA
11-23-2008, 10:57 PM

Yeah only problem is he gets kickoffs and runs outa bounds at the 8 or fumbles on the three and . He had a touchdown today - Great !! But then he goes and gives up the ball or srews up when it really counts other times . I love him but he has been a big part of why the other team takes our momentum away from us.

YZILLA
11-23-2008, 11:03 PM

Honestly at this point in the season I would love to see the Jets in the Superbowl and Watch Eli fold like the sissy boy he is . He just seems so wimpy ( like Croyle- kinda feeble,shy geeky ) . Only Eli has an awsome line blocking for him allowing him to continue to play without injuries. Brett Farve is a stud and just a plain -"draw a play in the dirt" kinda player , yeah he has faults , but finds a way to convince his team they are gonna win. Also I would love to see him stick it to the team that told him to walk !

jap1
11-23-2008, 11:20 PM

Possibly because LJ averaged 11 yards on 7 carries and would have had more if not for a holding call. Or he has a tendency to cough it up when he is trying too hard for yardage.

jmlamerson
11-23-2008, 11:24 PM
Honestly at this point in the season I would love to see the Jets in the Superbowl and Watch Eli fold like the sissy boy he is . He just seems so wimpy ( like Croyle- kinda feeble,shy geeky ) . Only Eli has an awsome line blocking for him allowing him to continue to play without injuries. Brett Farve is a stud and just a plain -"draw a play in the dirt" kinda player , yeah he has faults , but finds a way to convince his team they are gonna win. Also I would love to see him stick it to the team that told him to walk !

For all Eli's faults, he played one of the best games I've ever seen from a QB in this year's Super Bowl. The Giants beating the Pats was one of my top 5 football moments all time.

I really hated the Pats last year, and the best thing Pollard ever did was ending Brady's year (career?).

YZILLA
11-23-2008, 11:26 PM
For all Eli's faults, he played one of the best games I've ever seen from a QB in this year's Super Bowl. The Giants beating the Pats was one of my top 5 football moments all time.

I really hated the Pats last year, and the best thing Pollard ever did was ending Brady's year (career?).

Agreed with everything in this statement.

hardcorechiefsfan
11-23-2008, 11:41 PM
- We scored 31 points!

- Tony G caught 10 passes for 113 yards

- We've been good many times before and this 1-19 skid won't last forever. We will have a winning team again!

Other good news today (but doesn't have anything to do with the Chiefs, though):

-The Eagles lost by more than we did (36-7!) and Donovan McNabb had 3 INTs and one fumble for the second week in a row and was benched after the first half. What a bum he is!

- The Donks are losing 31-10 to the Faders! (Yes I know we don't like to see Jokeland win, but since they are 2-8 and out of the playoffs and Denver is 6-4, I say this is GREAT because it serves to mess up Denver's season [whereas Oakland's is already ruined, haha!]). Boy the AFC West is absolutely horrid this year, eh?

- The Lions lost again (so they still have a worse record than us at 0-11).
:yahoo: Hurray for Tony!:yahoo:

Yes we will win again or when we lose our guys will play so good that everyone will still feel like we won because our boys played so d@mned GOOD!

I didn't realize that the lions were having a skidmark year.

tornadospotter
11-24-2008, 07:23 PM
We have one less game to worry about losing!!! :mob:

OTR Chiefs fan
11-24-2008, 11:41 PM
We have one less game to worry about losing!!! :mob:

:funnypost: :lol:

I thought the offense play well the first quarter and a half. Then we just fell apart in the second and third quarters. We'll just have to see how they rebound next week. It should be a competitive game. The Chiefs and the Raiders always play close games even when they aren't good teams. :D

Bearson
11-24-2008, 11:51 PM
I know this was probably already said but why did LJ only get 5 carries in the first half? It was still a winnable game in the first half, why did they throw it every single down? The purpose of having a running back and a running game is to take pressure off the QB so he doesn't have to everything. Herm and the OC wanted Thigpen to do everything. Even though he had 3 turnovers Thigpen also had 3 touchdown passes. Try handing the ball off to LJ or even Jamal Charles, and you won't have the opposing defense sit on routes and play pass every down. I don't care what anyone says, when your running back has +60 yards with 5 carries, KEEP GIVING HIM THE BALL......
:sign0104:

Hayvern
11-25-2008, 02:16 AM
I know this was probably already said but why did LJ only get 5 carries in the first half? It was still a winnable game in the first half, why did they throw it every single down? The purpose of having a running back and a running game is to take pressure off the QB so he doesn't have to everything. Herm and the OC wanted Thigpen to do everything. Even though he had 3 turnovers Thigpen also had 3 touchdown passes. Try handing the ball off to LJ or even Jamal Charles, and you won't have the opposing defense sit on routes and play pass every down. I don't care what anyone says, when your running back has +60 yards with 5 carries, KEEP GIVING HIM THE BALL......

Frankly, we do not have the offensive line to be successful running the ball. We never started having any offense until they went to the spread offense and going for those quick pass routes.

Johnson had a couple of good runs, but we simply cannot play like Herm Edwards would like to play. No one on the line can make a hole for a running back consistently. The only reason Johnson had a good first half was because the Bills did not expect us to use Johnson much.

I also think Johnson is trade bait for the off-season and the last thing they want to do is get him injured.

jap1
11-25-2008, 06:48 AM

It seemed like the Chiefs did not have very many drives where they kept the ball for more than a couple plays.

billb40
11-25-2008, 04:31 PM
Neither Herm or Carl got hurt????