PDA

View Full Version : Jared Allen 8 sacks, Chiefs whole team - 6!

Chief_kickingtale
11-24-2008, 12:26 PM
That really worked out for the chiefs! Of course they did get some draft picks that we HOPE will be able to play in three to 4 years, then they will be FA's and will probably sign somewhere else!

Chiefs will brake all the wrong records this year!:mob:

jmlamerson
11-24-2008, 12:42 PM
That really worked out for the chiefs! Of course they did get some draft picks that we HOPE will be able to play in three to 4 years, then they will be FA's and will probably sign somewhere else!

You wouldn't believe it, but there are still people on this board who defend this trade.

Seek
11-24-2008, 01:00 PM
You wouldn't believe it, but there are still people on this board who defend this trade.

I'll defend it. Carl pissed of Jared. He was never going to sign with the Chiefs.

We got two decent starters instead of franchising him every year.

Now if you want to talk about the ignorance of pissing of Jared or how pathetic Herm has drafted. Okay.

Seek
11-24-2008, 01:04 PM
Here is something toremember. I heard on radio this morning that the NFL's worste record for team sacks is something like 13 sacks. The Chiefs have 6. One of those sacks was because a QB fell down on his own a yard short of the line of scrimmage.

The Chiefs could very well be the worste pass rushing defense in the NFL.

Chief_kickingtale
11-24-2008, 01:08 PM
Here is something toremember. I heard on radio this morning that the NFL's worste record for team sacks is something like 13 sacks. The Chiefs have 6. One of those sacks was because a QB fell down on his own a yard short of the line of scrimmage.

The Chiefs could very well be the worste pass rushing defense in the NFL.

What is even more sad, the first 7 games they blitzed alot! I bet they haven't sacked the QB with just rushing 4, I would say the other 5 came on a blitz.

jmlamerson
11-24-2008, 01:18 PM
I'll defend it. Carl pissed of Jared. He was never going to sign with the Chiefs.

We got two decent starters instead of franchising him every year.

Now if you want to talk about the ignorance of pissing of Jared or how pathetic Herm has drafted. Okay.

Fine, I'll rephrase. There are still people who think we're better off with Dorsey (we'd have drafted OL rather than Dorsey without the trade), Morgan, and Cottam than if we had JA.

The bridges weren't burned entirely at the end of 2007. A new GM, and we could have kept JA as our franchise defensive player.

Chief_kickingtale
11-24-2008, 01:51 PM
Fine, I'll rephrase. There are still people who think we're better off with Dorsey (we'd have drafted OL rather than Dorsey without the trade), Morgan, and Cottam than if we had JA.

The bridges weren't burned entirely at the end of 2007. A new GM, and we could have kept JA as our franchise defensive player.

I understand, they didn't keep JA happy, and they made the move. I understand they didn't keep TG happy, now he will probably go. I understand that they ruined LJ, and couldn't keep he happy at night, and now he will have to go. Will will probably retire, and now who do you have playing for you? All the good players are gone. Starting to remind me of the Royals.

brish
11-24-2008, 02:02 PM
Obviously Allen is a better player than Dorsey. But he wouldn't have made much difference this year anyway. 1 good DE wasn't going to salvage this season, get over it!
JA would have made the pass rush MUCH better, but the Chiefs still wouldn't have made it to the playoffs..

It's rebuilding time..!

It was a good idea to trade him, whether Herm picked the right players, well that still remains to be seen. Don't forget that Jared Allen is standing next to Kevin and Pat Williams. Its not like they can just double him and forget about them. So he will have good stats. :)

jmlamerson
11-24-2008, 02:31 PM
Obviously Allen is a better player than Dorsey. But he wouldn't have made much difference this year anyway. 1 good DE wasn't going to salvage this season, get over it!
JA would have made the pass rush MUCH better, but the Chiefs still wouldn't have made it to the playoffs..

It's rebuilding time..!

It was a good idea to trade him, whether Herm picked the right players, well that still remains to be seen. Don't forget that Jared Allen is standing next to Kevin and Pat Williams. Its not like they can just double him and forget about them. So he will have good stats. :)

I'm sorry, but that is one of the most foolish things I've ever read. Do you really think that the way to rebuild a team is by trading a 26-year-old homegrown DE, who is one of the best in the league? What do you think "rebuilding" is? Do you really think its drafting a bunch of rookies and hoping for the best?

A team that was really rebuilding would have signed JA long term. A team that was really rebuilding would have signed some veteran leadership to mentor the rookies. A team that was really rebuilding wouldn't be trading young, franchise DEs for project players.

I mean, are you serious? Of course we're not making it to the playoffs with this team. But locking down JA at the DE position would have made better for the next ten years.

Right now, we have nothing to build on. Every bit of talent is being stripped away. And people like you are saying its a good thing. Get your head on straight.

Canada
11-24-2008, 02:35 PM

I think you mean that there are people who have accepted it, the part I find hard to believe is that it still constantly gets brought up. Get over it man. It happened. He's gone. We know you don't like it. Are you adding anything new to the conversation or is this just another reason to bring it up AGAIN!

Lemme guess, you hate Herm and CP too.

Canada
11-24-2008, 02:37 PM

Post of the Year. Did you think this up all by yourself?
YouTube - Aerosmith- Same Old Song & Dance

jmlamerson
11-24-2008, 02:42 PM
I think you mean that there are people who have accepted it, the part I find hard to believe is that it still constantly gets brought up. Get over it man. It happened. He's gone. We know you don't like it. Are you adding anything new to the conversation or is this just another reason to bring it up AGAIN!

The whole thread is about the JA trade - I didn't start it. What was I supposed to post in a thread about the JA trade - how pretty the Chiefs look in their uniforms?

The question is, why are you posting in a thread about the JA trade if you don't want to talk about it?

Canada
11-24-2008, 02:45 PM
The whole thread is about the JA trade - I didn't start it. What was I supposed to post in a thread about the JA trade - how pretty the Chiefs look in their uniforms?

The question is, why are you posting in a thread about the JA trade if you don't want to talk about it?

Cause its funny to listen to you post the same sh!t over and over and over.

...and I was responding to your post.

jmlamerson
11-24-2008, 02:49 PM
Cause its funny to listen to you post the same sh!t over and over and over.

First, you read me post the same sh!t over and over, you don't listen to it.

Second, you're angry because your faith in the imbeciles in charge was obviously misplaced. You've tried to stay in the middle of the road, claiming to dislike Herm, but liking the course we're on. Disagreeing with some of the choices, but hoping everything turns out OK. Not really wanting the HC fired, but thinking he's a problem. Being in the middle of the road on every single thing, hoping everyone thinks you're a true fan because of it.

It's cowardice on your part, not fandom.

Canada
11-24-2008, 02:53 PM
First, you read me post the same sh!t over and over, you don't listen to it.

I read every post on the site, moronic or not.

Second, you're angry because your faith in the imbeciles in charge was obviously misplaced. You've tried to stay in the middle of the road, claiming to dislike Herm, but liking the course we're on. Disagreeing with some of the choices, but hoping everything turns out OK. Not really wanting the HC fired, but thinking he's a problem. Being in the middle of the road on every single thing, hoping everyone thinks you're a true fan because of it.

It's cowardice on your part, not fandom.

I just want to clear this up. I am not Pro Herm but I am not completely ANTI Herm. He either does everything right or everything wrong? there is no middle of the road? He can't possibly make 1 good decision because he has made mistakes now? Yes I hope everything turns out OK, you don't? I never said I don't think Herm should be fired. Find that post and then we can talk about it. I like starting a new team from the ground up, what is wrong with that? I am not sure why I am not a "true fan" according to you but at the end of the day I don't really give a sh!t what you think.

BTW...cowardice is hiding in your mommys basement calling people names on the computer.:sign0098:

jmlamerson
11-24-2008, 03:07 PM
I just want to clear this up. I am not Pro Herm but I am not completely ANTI Herm. He either does everything right or everything wrong? there is no middle of the road? He can't possibly make 1 good decision because he has made mistakes now? Yes I hope everything turns out OK, you don't? I never said I don't think Herm should be fired. Find that post and then we can talk about it. I like starting a new team from the ground up, what is wrong with that? I am not sure why I am not a "true fan" according to you but at the end of the day I don't really give a sh!t what you think.

BTW...cowardice is hiding in your mommys basement calling people names on the computer.:sign0098:
You missed my point. You "read" a post, you don't "listen" to it. I'll simplify my posts, you being Canadian and all.

I didn't you aren't a fan. I said that hoping that everything would turn out OK was cowardice. You want to be seen as a real fan, and you blame other fans for the team quitting (?!), but you won't say that we need to change things drastically. You'd rather blame the people on this board than the people who are in charge.

I'd respond to your insult, but I don't want you crying to the mods again.

Canada
11-24-2008, 03:56 PM
You missed my point. You "read" a post, you don't "listen" to it. I'll simplify my posts, you being Canadian and all.

I didn't you aren't a fan. I said that hoping that everything would turn out OK was cowardice. You want to be seen as a real fan, and you blame other fans for the team quitting (?!), but you won't say that we need to change things drastically. You'd rather blame the people on this board than the people who are in charge.

This about sums it all up. I am Canadian so what could I poosibly know. I sure wish your crazy American TV and radio signals would pass over the border here. Man I sure am dumb up here in all this snow. But thanks for clarifying that you "read" a post and not "listen" to it. I have to give it to you though, that is oficially the dumbest thing I have ever heard/read that has ever been said/typed on the Crowd. Good job you ********* ******* American. Its people like you that make Americans hated all over the world. Damn shame.

Canada
11-24-2008, 04:01 PM

I didn't you aren't a fan. BTW...if you are going to clarify "reading" and "listening" Maybe u should learn how to string a sentence together. I said that hoping that everything would turn out OK was cowardice. So you don't hope that everything will turn out OK?You want to be seen as a real fan, and you blame other fans for the team quitting (?!), I am not blaming any fans. I merely pointed out that some people think that if we stop going to games then it will bring about drastic change. Has that worked? I think it will do the opposite and the players will also give up. My apologies for using big words. but you won't say that we need to change things drastically. You'd rather blame the people on this board than the people who are in charge.

I won't explain it enough. I have said it as simply as I can but that is still not getting through to you. I will try and figure out how to put it into a picture or cartoon and then maybe u will get it.

Not sure what this means, but you seem like you have been plenty insulting already. I don't cry to the mods, theyjust seem to notice when u start acting like a ****. Wierd.

jmlamerson
11-24-2008, 04:14 PM
This about sums it all up. I am Canadian so what could I poosibly know. I sure wish your crazy American TV and radio signals would pass over the border here. Man I sure am dumb up here in all this snow. But thanks for clarifying that you "read" a post and not "listen" to it. I have to give it to you though, that is oficially the dumbest thing I have ever heard/read that has ever been said/typed on the Crowd. Good job you American. Its people like you that make Americans hated all over the world. Damn shame.

Ah, so you're one of those who thinks he can dish it out, but can't take it. A hypocrite. I get it.

Canada
11-24-2008, 04:27 PM
Ah, so you're one of those who thinks he can dish it out, but can't take it. A hypocrite. I get it.

You said it...I figured it is fair game. Is it not? You are not the first ******** person to make that comment and I am sure you won't be the last. You hate Canadians..I get it. Who else? Women? Chinese? Jews? Where does your ********* end?

jmlamerson
11-24-2008, 04:40 PM
You said it...I figured it is fair game. Is it not? You are not the first ignorant person to make that comment and I am sure you won't be the last. You hate Canadians..I get it. Who else? Women? Chinese? Jews? Where does your ignorance end?

I like the Chinese. And women. And the Jews. I like Jewish Chinese women.

I just don't like you. I'm not in the minority on that.

Canada
11-24-2008, 04:46 PM
I like the Chinese. And women. And the Jews. I like Jewish Chinese women.

I just don't like you. I'm not in the minority on that.

Yeah, I guess the 40 people I went to the opener with from this site were just pretending to like me right? No one cares if u don't like them

jmlamerson
11-24-2008, 04:54 PM
Yeah, I guess the 40 people I went to the opener with from this site were just pretending to like me right? No one cares if u don't like them

Yeah, probably they were pretending. Maybe it was pity. Who knows?

Seek
11-24-2008, 04:59 PM

My uncle who has recently passed away, was some what friends with Jared. Actually they just drank together and he did a lot of work for Jared. He didn't even follow the Chiefs, but he told me many times, that he was pretty sure that Jared would not be on the team in two years, which back then would have been the start of this year.

I just ingored him like he was an idiot because I never thought we would let him go. However, I truly believe now. That Jared never intended to play with KC after he became established.

We could have kept him as a Franchise Player, but that is a pretty hefty Cap hit every year. That would end up hurting this team.

nigeriannightmare
11-24-2008, 04:59 PM
Although I don't konw you two, I like you both. Intelligent threads, usually, and you both like the chiefs.

Seek
11-24-2008, 05:17 PM

I am not going to say that I like Canada, because that would be GAY... but I would most likely come to his aid if he needed it, share a beer with him and talk Chiefs, just as I would with any other Chiefs fan. He is a die hard Chiefs fan who loves his team. There are much better people in this world to hate on.

The mere fact that you think he went to the mods crying could very well be the fact that the MODS could be friends with him, despite having to slap his hands for getting out of hand many times himself.

I am not picking a side here. Just stating that there is one person who dosen't hate him as you suggested.

Seek
11-24-2008, 05:19 PM
Although I don't konw you two, I like you both. Intelligent threads, usually, and you both like the chiefs.

Dang,,, You stole my thunder in less words. Now I look like a copy cat...

IlovetheChiefs
11-24-2008, 07:38 PM
I read today in one column today on the Chiefs reminding about Derrick Thomas having seven sacks in one game. Which is more sacks than the entire Chiefs have this year in eleven games.

But the rest of the NFL still owes the Chiefs defense a debt of gratitude for taking out Tom Brady for the season! Heh, I know it was a clean hit and Brady just came down in a bad way.

tornadospotter
11-24-2008, 07:54 PM
I have met Canada, I was at the home openner. I know that Canada is a great person, and a class act.

You I have not met, therefore I do not know what you are like in person, so neg rep to you.

jmlamerson
11-24-2008, 08:41 PM
I have met Canada, I was at the home openner. I know that Canada is a great person, and a class act.

You I have not met, therefore I do not know what you are like in person, so neg rep to you.

That makes pefect sense.

I can say, without any exaggeration, that we have the team right now that fans like you and he deserve.

Canada
11-25-2008, 12:06 AM
That makes pefect sense.

I can say, without any exaggeration, that we have the team right now that fans like you and he deserve.

Yeah, too bad we can't all be miserable fu#ks . Life is too good to listen to whiners all day!! :bananen_smilies046:

brish
11-25-2008, 05:08 AM
I'm sorry, but that is one of the most foolish things I've ever read. Do you really think that the way to rebuild a team is by trading a 26-year-old homegrown DE, who is one of the best in the league? What do you think "rebuilding" is? Do you really think its drafting a bunch of rookies and hoping for the best?

A team that was really rebuilding would have signed JA long term. A team that was really rebuilding would have signed some veteran leadership to mentor the rookies. A team that was really rebuilding wouldn't be trading young, franchise DEs for project players.

I mean, are you serious? Of course we're not making it to the playoffs with this team. But locking down JA at the DE position would have made better for the next ten years.

Right now, we have nothing to build on. Every bit of talent is being stripped away. And people like you are saying its a good thing. Get your head on straight.

Yeah but he was pissed off and didn't want to be here.. For some reason he doesn't strike me as the "I will keep quiet, and do whats best for a team that will suck for the next couple of years" guy..

Mr. Oracle!

nigeriannightmare
11-25-2008, 01:49 PM
Yeah but he was pissed off and didn't want to be here.. For some reason he doesn't strike me as the "I will keep quiet, and do whats best for a team that will suck for the next couple of years" guy..

Mr. Oracle!

You just had the season of your career, and missed two games, you have completely changed your lifestyle to better suit the team, and can't get a long term contract. Yet LJ, who has been a distraction in the locker room since he got here signed a fat long term contrat after one of his career years. How would that make you feel, I would have told Herm and Carl to fly a kite as well. IF you are gonna pay one, you should have paid the other. LJ has just as many character issues as JA does.

Part greed on Allen's part, but flat out stupidity on Carl's part.

brish
11-25-2008, 03:51 PM
You just had the season of your career, and missed two games, you have completely changed your lifestyle to better suit the team, and can't get a long term contract. Yet LJ, who has been a distraction in the locker room since he got here signed a fat long term contrat after one of his career years. How would that make you feel, I would have told Herm and Carl to fly a kite as well. IF you are gonna pay one, you should have paid the other. LJ has just as many character issues as JA does.

Part greed on Allen's part, but flat out stupidity on Carl's part.

I can agree.. Im just saying that if they weren't going to pay him, he would have probably caused lots of problems in the locker room. Thats why it was best to trade him and get the picks. Whether they got their picks worth, well.. Who knows yet.. :)

billb40
11-25-2008, 04:10 PM
I can agree.. Im just saying that if they weren't going to pay him, he would have probably caused lots of problems in the locker room. Thats why it was best to trade him and get the picks. Whether they got their picks worth, well.. Who knows yet.. :)
At least you and night marestick to the topic. Unlike the other to gentlemen?

Canada
11-25-2008, 04:57 PM
At least you and night marestick to the topic. Unlike the other to gentlemen?

the other one gets really bent out of shape if you disagree with him, or cheer for the Chiefs. I will stay on topic now. :bananen_smilies046:

Canada
11-25-2008, 05:28 PM

this is the rude and insulting post? My true apologies, I did not know you were that sensitive.

greg3564
11-25-2008, 05:49 PM

Now that's real maturity at it's finest. I think each party in this "discussion" can handle their differences without negative reps being thrown around. And only because you haven't met someone in person?

I think everyone needs to grow up a little and move already.

Chiefster
11-25-2008, 09:26 PM
Ok, I've read enough of this thread to now that it has run it's course and is beating a dead horse. It is rediculous to begin thread after thread on the same subject matter. Use the "Search" option for threads that are addressing the old outdated subject matter you wish to discuss.

If you're sick of reading posts regarding a certain subject the stay away from threads discussing said subject matter. Start your own thread containing all new fresh content in which to discuss and respectfully debate over.

This is not rocket science!

Thread closed!

chief31
11-26-2008, 10:16 AM

Mr. Oracle!

And yet he kept so quiet in the '06-'07 offseason, that you seem to have forgotten about it.

When the entire Chiefs world was focused on LJ and all the stink that he was making, JA was also trying to get an extension.

But JA shut his mouth and played without anyone ever hearing about his complaint for the rest of the season.

It is nothing but opinion, but I don't think that JA would have been any trouble playing under the franchise tag.

Maybe for a bit before training camp. But he is just too happy-go-lucky to be a grouch all season.

I also believe hat by the end of this season, had he been playing here under the tag, he would have remained open to negotiations with The Chiefs, if Peterson were gone.

But that is just my opinion. It is based on the five days that I was around the guy at training camp, his friend (Boomer Grigsby)s opinion and his general demeanor in games.

Oh, and...

Nyah, nyah, nyah, nyah, nyah! I got the last word!