PDA

View Full Version : read this herm is not going anywhere

slc chief
11-25-2008, 07:10 PM
Digg it (http://digg.com/submit?phase=2&url=http://www.kansascity.com/160/story/907734.html) del.icio.us (http://del.icio.us/post) AIM (aim:goim?Message=http://www.kansascity.com/160/story/907734.html)
Cunningham has been unable to help Chiefs’ defense get better

By ADAM TEICHER

The Kansas City Star

As is the norm for this time of the football season, Gunther Cunningham had day-old stubble on his face, wore heavy bags under his eyes and generally looked Monday like someone who hadn’t slept in days.
Told this, the Chiefs’ defensive coordinator managed a weak smile.

“I haven’t slept for six weeks, I don’t think,” he said.

It’s that kind of season for the beleaguered Cunningham, and it got worse Sunday when he presided over a defense that allowed a team-record 54 points in the loss to Buffalo.

Cunningham has spent a coaching career trying to cram more than 24 hours of work into every day, and given the Chiefs’ considerable defensive weaknesses, that hasn’t changed.

He said he’s given up watching “SportsCenter” and reading the Internet and the local media and is putting that time into finding solutions for the 1-10 Chiefs and their forlorn defense.

It’s doing precious little good. The Chiefs are last in the NFL in yards allowed and 30th in points allowed, propped up by only the equally pitiful Rams and Lions.

Cunningham isn’t generating the answers he once did. Over the years, some of Cunningham’s defenses have been dominant and others not so good, but he’s always had something that worked in his bag of tricks.

Not this season. The Chiefs are soft against the run and, lacking a strong rush, weak against the pass.

The hideous statistics attached to his name might suggest otherwise, but Cunningham said he believes this is one of his better coaching jobs.

“I’m probably coaching better this year than I have in a long time,” he said. “The Chargers game was one of the highlights of my coaching career even though we lost. We had so many injuries. To do the things we had to do to get through that game and fight them until the end and have a chance to win, that was pretty good.

“If I’ve improved in one area, it’s how to nurture young players and how to teach them in the classroom and on the grass. I’ve had to do things I’ve never had to do before because there are so many young people around me. I can’t even begin to tell you how much more of a teacher you have to be than when you have veteran players.”

Coach Herm Edwards agreed with Cunningham’s assessment, saying the entire defensive staff, the coordinator included, would be invited to return next season.

“We’re building something here and those guys are part of it,” Edwards said.

It’s also been one of Cunningham’s most challenging seasons. The Chiefs are using numerous young players. Injuries have not only knocked several starters from their lineup but forced the Chiefs to use players who only recently signed on.

Cunningham has mostly worked with veteran defenders in his time with the Chiefs, so he’s had to adjust. The Chiefs start three rookies. Only four of their starters are beyond their third NFL season.

Edwards said Cunningham isn’t out of his element working with so many young players.

“He’s doing something he hasn’t done in a long time, but he can do this and he’s enjoying it,” Edwards said.

The sparkle comes back to Cunningham’s face when he speaks of the many young players. Glenn Dorsey, Brandon Flowers, Brandon Carr, Bernard Pollard, Jarrad Page, Tank Tyler. Cunningham pushed the Chiefs to draft all of them.

He’s been guilty of leading the Chiefs astray before on veteran players like Kendrell Bell and Napoleon Harris but insisted this would be different.

slc chief
11-25-2008, 07:10 PM
neither is any of the defensive coaches ouch

jap1
11-25-2008, 08:55 PM
He’s been guilty of leading the Chiefs astray before on veteran players like Kendrell Bell and Napoleon Harris but insisted this would be different.

The same Napoleon Harris that was picked up by the Vikes after we cut him and had a fumble return for a TD, and seems to be contributing to their D?

slc chief
11-25-2008, 09:02 PM
Digg it (http://digg.com/submit?phase=2&url=http://www.kansascity.com/160/story/907734.html) del.icio.us (http://del.icio.us/post) AIM (aim:goim?Message=http://www.kansascity.com/160/story/907734.html)
Cunningham has been unable to help Chiefs’ defense get better

By ADAM TEICHER

The Kansas City Star

Coach Herm Edwards agreed with Cunningham’s assessment, saying the entire defensive staff, the coordinator included, would be invited to return next season.
“We’re building something here and those guys are part of it,” Edwards said.

this is the part that worries me

Seek
11-26-2008, 09:45 AM
the article doesn't say anything to make me believe Herm is staying. In his mind, based on the question yes, but given an out. He will take it.

jmlamerson
11-26-2008, 10:17 AM
the article doesn't say anything to make me believe Herm is staying. In his mind, based on the question yes, but given an out. He will take it.

If Herm quits after this year, he will never coach a NFL team ever again. He'll stay for as long as it takes to rebuild his reputation (even if he can't win games, he doesn't know he can't win games). And Carl won't fire him and admit defeat.

As unbelievable as it sounds, Herm Edwards will probably coach the Chiefs in 2009 unless Clark fires CP. And he isn't firing CP.

Seek
11-26-2008, 10:26 AM
If Herm quits after this year, he will never coach a NFL team ever again. He'll stay for as long as it takes to rebuild his reputation (even if he can't win games, he doesn't know he can't win games). And Carl won't fire him and admit defeat.

As unbelievable as it sounds, Herm Edwards will probably coach the Chiefs in 2009 unless Clark fires CP. And he isn't firing CP.

What reputation will he lose. I don't think he will be HC of an NFL team even if he stays in 2009 and fails. So what is the difference if he bails out to become a HC of a college team closer to his home, in which his son attended school at giving him some ties to the school.

chief31
11-26-2008, 10:39 AM
What reputation will he lose. I don't think he will be HC of an NFL team even if he stays in 2009 and fails. So what is the difference if he bails out to become a HC of a college team closer to his home, in which his son attended school at giving him some ties to the school.

He believes that he will win games next season. I think he will stay unless he starts out next season looking horrible. Then he could be gone early next season.

garciakcfan
11-26-2008, 10:40 AM
I really hate to be the one but, stay the course... But I do have to say that herm didnt throw two horrible passes this weekend and trip on a piece of grass and fumble.. But I am pretty pissed right now

Seek
11-26-2008, 10:44 AM
I really hate to be the one but, stay the course... But I do have to say that herm didnt throw two horrible passes this weekend and trip on a piece of grass and fumble.. But I am pretty pissed right now

That is one game. I don't think people are calling for herms head after Tylers one bad game which was still more productive than any QB under Herm so far. It is more of the 1-19 record the last 20 games, and the pathetic Defense that Herm has built.

Seek
11-26-2008, 10:48 AM
He believes that he will win games next season. I think he will stay unless he starts out next season looking horrible. Then he could be gone early next season.

I may be wrong, but I recall Herm being pretty disgruntled in NY and was more than happy to flee for greener fields. He will do it again.

I just don't think San Diego State will offer him the job, so the argument is moot, until then.

garciakcfan
11-26-2008, 11:05 AM
we're young get over it.. Running a horrible "pistol" offense because our qb cant go under center is not the answer.... he threw to bowe what, twice??? He should be building chemistry with him.... Im not impressed and would like to see more of Quinn Gray

tornadospotter
11-26-2008, 11:07 AM
we're young get over it.. Running a horrible "pistol" offense because our qb cant go under center is not the answer.... he threw to bowe what, twice??? He should be building chemistry with him.... Im not impressed and would like to see more of Quinn Gray
It would help if Bowe would catch the dang ball.

jerhart
11-26-2008, 11:16 AM

...I dont think this is bad? He spreads the ball around. Dont forget he connected with TG 10 times...

...he also connected with Bradley, Charles, LJ, Darling, Cox, and Franklin....

...There is plenty of time to build a relationship with Bowe.

garciakcfan
11-26-2008, 11:22 AM
I just find it funny that Gray comes in and connects with bowe right away.. we're paying him a lot of money!!!! He's our number 1 receiver and you throw to him 3 times in a game??? In the first quarter and then I didnt see him again.. I just dont like that formation and question chans play calling...

Three7s
11-26-2008, 11:23 AM
That's just plain ignorant. Thigpen HAS gone under center and thrown some darts. IMO, the only reason he's in shotgun most of the time is because of the pressure, which is natural. If the fact that he's always operating in shotgun is your arguement to a Thigpen hate club, then you don't have much to bank on.

My only beef with Thigpen is that he under-throws guys at times. Like last week to Charles on the TD pass. If he hits Charles in stride, it's an easy TD, but he underthrew him, so Charles had to make some moves to get in the endzone.

Bowe has been dropping balls as of late, btw. Including one last week that would've gotten us out of our endzone. Maybe that has something to do with the amount of looks he's getting? The fact that Gray came in and hit him on a couple of passes is just coincidence, and it was mop-up time for the defense.

As for Chan's play-calling, are you serious? No, really, you're serious? He's one of the reasons that our offense is averaging over 20 points per game over the month+! He's the LAST guy I have a beef with, and his play-calling has been good for the most part.

jerhart
11-26-2008, 11:26 AM
I just find it funny that Gray comes in and connects with bowe right away.. we're paying him a lot of money!!!! He's our number 1 receiver and you throw to him 3 times in a game??? In the first quarter and then I didnt see him again.. I just dont like that formation and question chans play calling...

What was the score, and what time during the game did Gray come in? There ya go.

garciakcfan
11-26-2008, 11:29 AM
That's just plain ignorant. Thigpen HAS gone under center and thrown some darts. IMO, the only reason he's in shotgun most of the time is because of the pressure, which is natural. If the fact that he's always operating in shotgun is your arguement to a Thigpen hate club, then you don't have much to bank on.

My only beef with Thigpen is that he under-throws guys at times. Like last week to Charles on the TD pass. If he hits Charles in stride, it's an easy TD, but he underthrew him, so Charles had to make some moves to get in the endzone.

dont come on here and start calling me names, alright?? I dont think he's anything special and want to see gray in there.. 2 gimme int's and a fumble caused by a blade of grass doesnt sit well. especially against a depleted secondary

jerhart
11-26-2008, 11:32 AM
dont come on here and start calling me names, alright?? I dont think he's anything special and want to see gray in there.. 2 gimme int's and a fumble caused by a blade of grass doesnt sit well. especially against a depleted secondary

Upset about the wrong thing.....

...did you see our defense play at all? That's what you should be upset about. We put up 31 pts....usually in most cases that will win you football games if your D is halfway decent.

garciakcfan
11-26-2008, 11:35 AM
did you watch the freaking game
??????????????????? they had 20 points off of turnovers!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dont blame that on the defense... Trent edwards hasnt had a rushing td all season and he had two.. Who the hell would of thought that?????? Not me and the other idiot 12 bills fans in my house

jerhart
11-26-2008, 11:37 AM
did you watch the freaking game
??????????????????? they had 20 points off of turnovers!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dont blame that on the defense... Trent edwards hasnt had a rushing td all season and he had two.. Who the hell would of thought that?????? Not me and the other idiot 12 bills fans in my house

soooooo....you think our D did fine?

54 pts. Franchise Record.

Three7s
11-26-2008, 11:38 AM
Ignorant is an adjective meaning that you ignore certain parts of some aspects. Not a name last time I checked.

Anyways, yes I admit he had one bad week, call the cops and get this guy arrested! Can't have a bad week in this city! Didn't Favre had a bad week when we faced them? I don't hear the Jets wishing they had another QB in! Man, what's even funnier is he still threw 3 TD passes! Dunno what more you could want out of a guy that's thrown 10 TDs/4 picks in 5 games.

If you want me to cover the fumble, basically he was trying to do too much because of the situation we were in. He'll learn not to do that as he gets more experience. Charles did the same thing.

Canada
11-26-2008, 11:39 AM
I think his point is that you can't expect a ton from your D when the opposing team starts on your own 30-35 yard line 4 times a game. I think we played poorly all over the field. Offense, defense, and special teams.

jerhart
11-26-2008, 11:42 AM
Remember our QB situation the first few weeks of the season?

Ya...I am more than happy with our QB situation as of right now. Why not just be happy with Quinn as a backup right now and leave the QB position for Thig to lose? Living in Minneapolis there are a lot of Viking fans wishing that they had him back and who would take him back in a heartbeat. So let's not be too picky on our QB...we have already made drastic improvement at the position compared to where we were at at the beginning of the season.

Seek
11-26-2008, 11:45 AM

Uh, he hit Bowe right in the hands on our second drive, which would have been a first down. Bowe is second in the NFL with dropped passes. Why do you think Thigpen is looking for Tony G, and Bradley instead of Bowe. Bowe is killing drives dropping wide open passes.

I watched the game. Buffalo pretty much didn't give a poop anymore and gave Gray/the Chiefs a garabage TD.

The PISTOL offense is because of LJ not, Thigpen.

Our defense is ranked near the bottom, how is that Thigpens fault. Teams are gashing us against the run and the pass. The defense that Herm built...

The whole point that we are young is Herm's fault. Two years of standing pat with old players and not doing anything to improve this team is why we are now young. Look at the all the free agents Herm signed that were completely and total bust. (Ty Law, Nap Harris, James Reed, MacIntosh, A. Jones, Donnie Edwards, Alphonso Boone. D. Williams, John McGraw etc.... If Hem was capable of signing any free agents worth playing, this team may be competitive. The difference between Atlanta and Miami, is that they are signing guys who can play and are making a difference.

garciakcfan
11-26-2008, 11:45 AM
Ignorant is an adjective meaning that you ignore certain parts of some aspects. Not a name last time I checked.

Anyways, yes I admit he had one bad week, call the cops and get this guy arrested! Can't have a bad week in this city! Didn't Favre had a bad week when we faced them? I don't hear the Jets wishing they had another QB in! Man, what's even funnier is he still threw 3 TD passes! Dunno what more you could want out of a guy that's thrown 10 TDs/4 picks in 5 games.

If you want me to cover the fumble, basically he was trying to do too much because of the situation we were in. He'll learn not to do that as he gets more experience. Charles did the same thing.

To step up and manage the game and get some wins!!!!!! thats what I expect and if he cant then let the next guy try.. Thats my point man, and I didnt come on here to argue today alright??? so get off my back and chill the **** out

Three7s
11-26-2008, 11:52 AM
To step up and manage the game and get some wins!!!!!! thats what I expect and if he cant then let the next guy try.. Thats my point man, and I didnt come on here to argue today alright??? so get off my back and chill the **** out
Sorry I hurt your feelings, I just saw something you posted that I disagreed with and pointed it out! Along with a few others.

Seek
11-26-2008, 11:53 AM
I think his point is that you can't expect a ton from your D when the opposing team starts on your own 30-35 yard line 4 times a game. I think we played poorly all over the field. Offense, defense, and special teams.

edit, Freaking computer just posted this while I was still typing.

Three7s
11-26-2008, 11:55 AM
I think he is blaming the whole season, on Thigpen when you can only look at that one game, and while he did cost the Chiefs 20 points. He still outperformed Herm's QBOTF (croyle) in any game compared his one bad game.

The d
I just can't believe his arguement against Thigpen. It's like he, and probably all other Thigpen haters, were just waiting for a game like this so that they could pounce on him to get him out of here. It's a freaking joke.

Seek
11-26-2008, 11:55 AM

I think he is trying to blame the whole season on one bad game by Thigpen. The defense still failed to make a stop. And while Thigpen had a bad game, it was still better than any game Herm's planned QBOTF ever played.

garciakcfan
11-26-2008, 11:59 AM
I think he is blaming the whole season, on Thigpen when you can only look at that one game, and while he did cost the Chiefs 20 points. He still outperformed Herm's QBOTF (croyle) in any game compared his one bad game.

The d

Did I say that??? Did I even imply that??? Do you read english??? I didnt even mention brodie and never really supported him fyi... You guys are all hot and bothered by this guy who hasnt gotten us a win.. Yes he's shown signs of potential but that can only get you so far... I wanted this game more than any other this year and im pissed.. We could have won that game and we gave it to 'em

Seek
11-26-2008, 12:00 PM

You should get some sleep then, cause you aren't making much sense other than you don't like Thigpen.

He isn't playing defense. The defense lost 4 of the last 5 games. Thigpen, helped lose one of the 5, and I am guessing because he was pressing because he knew the Herm built defense would lose it anyway.

jerhart
11-26-2008, 12:02 PM
Ya....All QB's have bad games...and that is that....name a QB who played who played a few seasons and did not have one bad game?

Tyler had a bad game. That is it. I am sure he is sorry about it. Quinn will have bad games also if he is too step in.

Garciafan, I think this is more personal for you being from Buffalo. Last year when we played the Vikings, I REALLY wanted to beat them because of all my buddies up here giving me Sh!t about our team. So I know how this game could be REAL important to you.

Now back to the topic.

Herm still needs to go. :bananen_smilies046:

Three7s
11-26-2008, 12:03 PM
Did I say that??? Did I even imply that??? Do you read english??? I didnt even mention brodie and never really supported him fyi... You guys are all hot and bothered by this guy who hasnt gotten us a win.. Yes he's shown signs of potential but that can only get you so far... I wanted this game more than any other this year and im pissed.. We could have won that game and we gave it to 'em
I understand that they had short field position for a lot of the game, but it didn't matter much. They drove on us at will. Starting at our 1 or their 1, they were going to score, it's as simple as that.

garciakcfan
11-26-2008, 12:03 PM
what about those 2 point convertions?????? Your wonder boy had a chance and couldnt convert.. I never said I didnt like him but we only have a few games left and I would like to see quinn gray in there for a game or two??? I say that and I get jumped on and now im starting to argue because you guys have nothing better to do than sit in front of the computer eating cheesy poofs looking to start ****

Seek
11-26-2008, 12:06 PM

lets see, we are in a Herm is staying thread, and you are bashing the QB who has had one bad game but did everything in his power to win the last four when coaching, defense and special teams lost those games and you are asking the QB to step up when he HAS...

I have given you more than one reason why Herm is failing, but you can't get past Thigen. So yes, I think you are implying that it is Thigpen.

Seek
11-26-2008, 12:08 PM
what about those 2 point convertions?????? Your wonder boy had a chance and couldnt convert.. I never said I didnt like him but we only have a few games left and I would like to see quinn gray in there for a game or two??? I say that and I get jumped on and now im starting to argue because you guys have nothing better to do than sit in front of the computer eating cheesy poofs looking to start ****

Did you see an open receiver????? I didn't. Fact of the matter I saw the Chiefs run a very similiar play trying to score a TD which was just as well defended. It was a piss poor play selection.

Three7s
11-26-2008, 12:08 PM
When it ain't broken, don't fix it. Also, I have a nasty habit of looking at forums when I'm bored at work. :(

jmlamerson
11-26-2008, 12:09 PM
Ya....All QB's have bad games...and that is that....name a QB who played who played a few seasons and did not have one bad game?

Tyler had a bad game. That is it. I am sure he is sorry about it. Quinn will have bad games also if he is too step in.

Garciafan, I think this is more personal for you being from Buffalo. Last year when we played the Vikings, I REALLY wanted to beat them because of all my buddies up here giving me Sh!t about our team. So I know how this game could be REAL important to you.

Now back to the topic.

Herm still needs to go. :bananen_smilies046:
Tyler didn't even have that bad of a game. He threw 3 TDs, 2 INTs, and a fumble. He had an 85.4 passer rating. At worst, that's an average game. He shouldn't have to play perfectly every game to keep the Chiefs close.

When a QB has to score 30 points a game (without a running game or OL, no less) and not turn the ball over to keep a game close, your defense is the problem, not the QB.

jerhart
11-26-2008, 12:10 PM
Tyler didn't even have that bad of a game. He threw 3 TDs, 2 INTs, and a fumble. He had an 85.4 passer rating. At worst, that's an average game. He shouldn't have to play perfectly every game to keep the Chiefs close.

When a QB has to score 30 points a game (without a running game or OL, no less) and not turn the ball over to keep a game close, your defense is the problem, not the QB.

100% agree.

Seek
11-26-2008, 12:14 PM

His Turn overs cost the Chiefs at least 10 points. It was a bad game, but still something from him to learn from.

Thigpen is probably one of the bright spots under Herm's term. Even though it was a mistake. There are people including myself energized to watch this team again.

garciakcfan
11-26-2008, 12:14 PM

Another one who didnt watch the game... Those turnovers led to 20 points!!!!!!!!! and thats an average game???????? wow is this really what this cite has become???? We're fighting a recession and people are losing jobs maybe you should be a little more productive on company dollars???

jmlamerson
11-26-2008, 12:37 PM
Another one who didnt watch the game... Those turnovers led to 20 points!!!!!!!!! and thats an average game???????? wow is this really what this cite has become???? We're fighting a recession and people are losing jobs maybe you should be a little more productive on company dollars???

Tyler's three turnovers turned into a TD, TD, and FG, 17 points, not 20. Maybe it was you who didn't watch the game.

Even without those 17 points (the defense eventually gave up 10 of them and Thigpen didn't let Edwards rush for TDs), the Bills still win.

Do you care to revise your statement about whose loss this was?

Three7s
11-26-2008, 12:37 PM
They led to 20 points because we have no defense. Usually how you grade a QB is the TD/INT ratio. If you have more TDs than INTs, then you're doing good. I still say he had a bad game, but that's just me.

jmlamerson
11-26-2008, 12:42 PM
They led to 20 points because we have no defense. Usually how you grade a QB is the TD/INT ratio. If you have more TDs than INTs, then you're doing good. I still say he had a bad game, but that's just me.

It was only 17, not 20, points, FYI.

The Bills margin of victory was 23 points.

Math can be done here.

garciakcfan
11-26-2008, 12:44 PM
Tyler's three turnovers turned into a TD, TD, and FG, 17 points, not 20. Maybe it was you who didn't watch the game.

Even without those 17 points (the defense eventually gave up 10 of them and Thigpen didn't let Edwards rush for TDs), the Bills still win.

Do you care to revise your statement about whose loss this was?

Ok lame take the three points but if you actually watched the game it was 40-17 after he fumbled and they scored.. Follow me now 40 minus 17 is what??? 23

so the score would have been a very very managable 23-17

But you are the guy who said he played average right??? lol what a joke

Three7s
11-26-2008, 12:52 PM
Ok lame take the three points but if you actually watched the game it was 40-17 after he fumbled and they scored.. Follow me now 40 minus 17 is what??? 23

Do you think we have a good defense?

garciakcfan
11-26-2008, 01:00 PM
below average at best, we dont get any pressure on the qb... We dont blitz ever(not the players fault) and we have no linebackers except DJ.. the best part of our defense is our secondary.. But they did stop them a couple of times and Im not 100% positive but I think early in the game we scored, buffalo punted and then thigpen threw an int or something... Not only that we did hold them to a few field goals where buffalo probably should have punched it in. Our defense has been put in very bad situations all year.. I just felt on sunday that they needed one turnover to take the game over early and we didnt get it..

Three7s
11-26-2008, 01:04 PM
I dunno I just think it's lame that a QB has to be spotless and have the game of his life just to give us a chance to win. You said it yourself in your post that it's 23-17 Bills if we don't commit the turnovers.

jmlamerson
11-26-2008, 01:04 PM

An 85.4 passer rating is average. Do you know what you are talking about?

The game would have been 23-17 in the Bills favor. They scored 14 points (2 TDs) after that. We scored 14 points (2 TDs) after that.

We still lose by six.

What about this do you not understand?

garciakcfan
11-26-2008, 01:15 PM
who cares about passer rating, what a joke of a stat... 3td 2int's and 1 fumble look at that line man and you have the gull to tell me thats average??????? And the situations after those turnovers.. the fumble led buffalo on their our 27 one of the int's got returned back for 6 ultimately 7 and the other int was around the 50 yard line.. Come on man wake up!!!!!!!

Our D stopped them we had momentum and it was killed by an int... MOMENTUMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That will swing a game in a heart beat

chief31
11-26-2008, 01:20 PM

He didn't allow 444 yards of offense by our opponent either.

Why does that excuse being 1-10? The Packers are tied with us for the youngest team.

http://www.weau.com/sports/headlines/28151789.html

They are 5-6 and a game out of 1st place. They went 13-3 as he youngest team in the league, last season.

The defense managed to allow 444 yards, while the offense gathered 462 and you question the offense?

He has managed at least three of the last four games. He can only play one position and he is playing it well.

I have to admit, I find it bizarre that anyone would pick out the one bright spot on this team, amongst all of the problems that we are having, and tear it down.

Bike
11-26-2008, 01:25 PM
Tom Brady couldn't win a game on this team. We give up too many points to give any offense a chance to win..

jmlamerson
11-26-2008, 01:54 PM
who cares about passer rating, what a joke of a stat... 3td 2int's and 1 fumble look at that line man and you have the gull to tell me thats average??????? And the situations after those turnovers.. the fumble led buffalo on their our 27 one of the int's got returned back for 6 ultimately 7 and the other int was around the 50 yard line.. Come on man wake up!!!!!!!

Our D stopped them we had momentum and it was killed by an int... MOMENTUMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That will swing a game in a heart beat

I can't tell if you really believe this or not. I can't see how anyone could watch tha't game last week and say we lost it because of our QBs play.

3TDs, 2 INTs, and a fumble is average. It isn't good. It isn't bad. It's average. Many QBs have worse games, many have better. If our defense was one of the 24 best in the league, we would have won the game. And its above average if you factor in that we neglected to sign a right side of our offensive line.

Our D never had any sort of momentum. Ever. In the entire game. Twice the Bills screwed up and were forced to punt. It wasn't our defense as much as the incompetence of the Bills's offense.

Our defense had no sacks or turnovers. They only forced two punts. They allowed 444 yards of offense.

Our QB threw three TDs, threw for 240 yards, rushed for 29, and turned the ball over three times.

The margin of victory was 23 points. Our QBs turnovers led to 17 points, 10 of which were aginst our defense. That difference is 6 points.

You're blaming our QB for the loss? Look, you lost money betting on the game. That's too bad, but you've learned a valuable lesson about betting on the Chiefs defense.

garciakcfan
11-26-2008, 02:01 PM
He didn't allow 444 yards of offense by our opponent either.

Why does that excuse being 1-10? The Packers are tied with us for the youngest team.

http://www.weau.com/sports/headlines/28151789.html

They are 5-6 and a game out of 1st place. They went 13-3 as he youngest team in the league, last season.

The defense managed to allow 444 yards, while the offense gathered 462 and you question the offense?

He has managed at least three of the last four games. He can only play one position and he is playing it well.

I have to admit, I find it bizarre that anyone would pick out the one bright spot on this team, amongst all of the problems that we are having, and tear it down.

When I compared the ages of the two teams we both averaged out at 27 on offense with the average being a little higher for green bay and our average age on D is 24 and GB 27 our defense has 9 out of 11 starters under the age of 25.. Dont compare us to green bay.. They went 13-3 and had a HOF qb and now a guy who learned under him for a few years... And they are 5-6 you act like that is some kind of great accomplishment.. Because they play in a bad division they are one game out.. How many times this year have you seen our defense in really bad positions??? And being put on the field endlessly

jmlamerson
11-26-2008, 02:03 PM
When I compared the ages of the two teams we both averaged out at 27 on offense with the average being a little higher for green bay and our average age on D is 24 and GB 27 our defense has 9 out of 11 starters under the age of 25.. Dont compare us to green bay.. They went 13-3 and had a HOF qb and now a guy who learned under him for a few years... And they are 5-6 you act like that is some kind of great accomplishment.. Because they play in a bad division they are one game out.. How many times this year have you seen our defense in really bad positions??? And being put on the field endlessly

Our defense isn't put on the field endlessly. They allow long protracted drives that tire them out. What is your excuse for them in the previous four games where Thigpen didn't turn the ball over?

garciakcfan
11-26-2008, 02:10 PM
I can't tell if you really believe this or not. I can't see how anyone could watch tha't game last week and say we lost it because of our QBs play.

3TDs, 2 INTs, and a fumble is average. It isn't good. It isn't bad. It's average. Many QBs have worse games, many have better. If our defense was one of the 24 best in the league, we would have won the game. And its above average if you factor in that we neglected to sign a right side of our offensive line.

Our D never had any sort of momentum. Ever. In the entire game. Twice the Bills screwed up and were forced to punt. It wasn't our defense as much as the incompetence of the Bills's offense.

Our defense had no sacks or turnovers. They only forced two punts. They allowed 444 yards of offense.

Our QB threw three TDs, threw for 240 yards, rushed for 29, and turned the ball over three times.

The margin of victory was 23 points. Our QBs turnovers led to 17 points, 10 of which were aginst our defense. That difference is 6 points.

You're blaming our QB for the loss? Look, you lost money betting on the game. That's too bad, but you've learned a valuable lesson about betting on the Chiefs defense.

Look ******* dont come on here spouting off **** you know something or someone ok??? A gambler?? who the **** are you to make allegations about me like that??? *********************************************** Ill be there next year for the home opener..... Ive seen you start stuff with canada on here and now you're doing it with me you've only been a chiefs fan for a year so go back to whatever bandwagon team you were rooting for before.. You make it sound like 2ints and a fumble is an average game... lol If qb's played like that week in and week out in this league they wouldnt have a job long.. The points came from turnovers ***** learn something about football you put your d in bad situations and field position and the other team is supposed to make you pay for it and they did..

jmlamerson
11-26-2008, 02:12 PM
Look ******* dont come on here spouting off **** you know something or someone ok??? A gambler?? who the **** are you to make allegations about me like that??? Ill be there next year for the home opener..... Ive seen you start stuff with canada on here and now you're doing it with me you've only been a chiefs fan for a year so go back to whatever bandwagon team you were rooting for before.. You make it sound like 2ints and a fumble is an average game... lol If qb's played like that week in and week out in this league they wouldnt have a job long.. The points came from turnovers ***** learn something about football you put your d in bad situations and field position and the other team is supposed to make you pay for it and they did..

Am I wrong, or wasn't it you who posted that you lost money on this game? If I am, I apologize.

EDIT: It was hardcorechiefsfan, not you.

jmlamerson
11-26-2008, 02:19 PM
Look ******* dont come on here spouting off **** you know something or someone ok??? A gambler?? who the **** are you to make allegations about me like that??? I will bet that if I ever see you at a game im gonna knock you out how about that for a bet??? Ill be there next year for the home opener..... Ive seen you start stuff with canada on here and now you're doing it with me you've only been a chiefs fan for a year so go back to whatever bandwagon team you were rooting for before.. You make it sound like 2ints and a fumble is an average game... lol If qb's played like that week in and week out in this league they wouldnt have a job long.. The points came from turnovers idiot learn something about football you put your d in bad situations and field position and the other team is supposed to make you pay for it and they did..

Thankfully, your writing is so bad, I can ignore most of your insults.

And you avoided my question. When our defense crumbled the previous four weeks when our QB was flawless, who was to blame?

Seek
11-26-2008, 03:27 PM
And being put on the field endlessly

LOL. Oh that is priceless. Yes, the defense is so tired they can' stop a team from scoring in the first quarter.

Seriously, if you didn't want to argue today as you so stated. Stop for a second and think before you post something so insignificant wrong.

Let me guess you are also one of the people who hated on DV for scoring to fast that the Defense was on the field to much, and then igored the fact that DV's teams had statistically a much higher TOP then Herms team.

Seek
11-26-2008, 03:51 PM

I think a large part of losing that game last week was the turn overs. It was like the wind was taken out of the team after the pick 6 and then again after his second Int. The fumble was just the icing on the cake, but I loved how he game back and made a play on the run to Bradley.

greg3564
11-26-2008, 05:44 PM
Offense, defense, special teams...IT ALL SUCKS!! It will continue to suck as long as Herm Edwards and Carl Peterson are running things. I'm not sure how anyone can defend Herm at this point. His pathetic record speaks volumes about the kind of head coach he is. You know the coaching is terrible, and I mean ALL of the coaching, when we have an up and down season like this one. Hot one week and cold the next. Even when we're hot, we still can't manage to win. The Herm Edwards/Carl Peterson era has run it's course and we need to move on.

Here's Herm's pathetic record thus far-

8th year record 53-70, won 43% of his games(WOW, impressive)

5 years as a Jets head coach 39-41, won 48%(Ooooh, now I see why we gave up a draft pick)

And the MOST important stat....3rd year Chiefs head coach.....14-29, won only 32% thus far.

Seriously, why do we reward anyone a job with that kind of mediocrity? There's just no way a coach anywhere else in the league gets that kind of job security.

Three7s
11-26-2008, 07:23 PM
Offense, defense, special teams...IT ALL SUCKS!! It will continue to suck as long as Herm Edwards and Carl Peterson are running things. I'm not sure how anyone can defend Herm at this point. His pathetic record speaks volumes about the kind of head coach he is. You know the coaching is terrible, and I mean ALL of the coaching, when we have an up and down season like this one. Hot one week and cold the next. Even when we're hot, we still can't manage to win. The Herm Edwards/Carl Peterson era has run it's course and we need to move on.

Here's Herm's pathetic record thus far-

8th year record 53-70, won 43% of his games(WOW, impressive)

5 years as a Jets head coach 39-41, won 48%(Ooooh, now I see why we gave up a draft pick)

And the MOST important stat....3rd year Chiefs head coach.....14-29, won only 32% thus far.

Seriously, why do we reward anyone a job with that kind of mediocrity? There's just no way a coach anywhere else in the league gets that kind of job security.
Carl Peterson is why. Herm got his first gig here as a scout. This is how Carl works, for the most part. He has his band of nitwits and just can't let them go for any reason. That goes for Gunther as well.

Chiefster
11-26-2008, 10:27 PM
I just wish Clark would give both Herm and Carl their walking papers at the end of the season.