PDA

View Full Version : Hey, here is an idea!

hardcorechiefsfan
11-29-2008, 12:27 PM
Why don't we root for Detroit to win a couple of games so the chiefs can be first in the draft? Of course the chiefs will probably show fire against Oakland and get totally motivated for the rest of the season so we will get a cruddy spot at draft...

This probably is kinda silly but the season is a washout even if they win the rest of the games

tornadospotter
11-29-2008, 01:09 PM
Why don't we root for Detroit to win a couple of games so the chiefs can be first in the draft? Of course the chiefs will probably show fire against Oakland and get totally motivated for the rest of the season so we will get a cruddy spot at draft...

This probably is kinda silly but the season is a washout even if they win the rest of the games
I do not think this will be a problem. Personally I do not want the first draft choice, to expensive, and probably be a bust.

hardcorechiefsfan
11-29-2008, 01:24 PM
I do not think this will be a problem. Personally I do not want the first draft choice, to expensive, and probably be a bust.
Its just that I was so mad at the chiefs for giving away a number one pick to the patriots last draft. I just want the chiefs to have ever advantage.

tornadospotter
11-29-2008, 01:29 PM
I do not know what pick you are talking about.

Sn@keIze
11-29-2008, 01:31 PM
Exactly what I was thinkin. Now if we knew how to draft that would be a diff story.

slc chief
11-29-2008, 01:59 PM
Its just that I was so mad at the chiefs for giving away a number one pick to the patriots last draft. I just want the chiefs to have ever advantage.

that was the 49ers that gave the patriots a first round pick via trade. i do not want the no1 pick overall. and i sure the hell do not want the chiefs to lose anymore games enough is enough. go chiefs spank the raiders. but i have a feeling we will still be incontention for the number 1 overall pick at the end of the year.

Three7s
11-29-2008, 02:06 PM
We're not gonna be #1 overall, not a chance. If anyone has seen Detroit's upcoming schedule, it's horrendous. I think they'll go 0-16.

slc chief
11-29-2008, 02:26 PM
We're not gonna be #1 overall, not a chance. If anyone has seen Detroit's upcoming schedule, it's horrendous. I think they'll go 0-16.

I PERSONALLY HOPE THEY DO GO 0-16. MAYBE NEXT YEAR WE WILL NOT HAVE TO SEE THEIR SORRY TEAM ON THANKSGIVING ANYMORE.

IlovetheChiefs
11-29-2008, 02:47 PM

I also have been saying the past few weeks that I think we might see the first 0-16 team this year with the Lions and considering their remaining schedule (all against teams with winning records). But since it's never happened before (Tampa Bay went 0-14 in 1976 when it was still a 14 game schedule) I also wouldn't be surprised if Detroit manages to win one in spite of themselves.

They have Indi and GB on the road, which are highly likely to be losses. They have Minnesota and New Orleans at home. One of those just may be a game they get an upset. Probably the best bet is Minnesota, since you never know with division rivalries.

If Detroit does beat Minnesota and goes 1-15, and if we also end up 1-15, not sure who gets the tiebreak for first pick there, since both teams will have had a win against a division team and they didn't play each other head to head this year.

Hopefully we beat up the Faders tomorrow and make this first draft pick a rather moot point after all.

chief31
11-29-2008, 07:03 PM
I would rather have the #2 pick. Especially if The Lions draft ahead of us. That way they can take any QB thoughts away from us.:D

IlovetheChiefs
11-29-2008, 07:22 PM
Talkin' to a 49er fan at work yesterday, he said the 49ers and the Chiefs are the only teams that need a qb. I said what about the 0-12 Lions? I don't think Culpepper is their answer. He said he doesn't think the Lions will draft a qb though, at least not in the first round. I would think it would be a possibility, but we'll see.

OTR Chiefs fan
11-29-2008, 10:27 PM
Talkin' to a 49er fan at work yesterday, he said the 49ers and the Chiefs are the only teams that need a qb. I said what about the 0-12 Lions? I don't think Culpepper is their answer. He said he doesn't think the Lions will draft a qb though, at least not in the first round. I would think it would be a possibility, but we'll see.

Who do the Lions have waiting in the wings? Nobody! I'm pretty sure they would go with a QB in the first round. At this point I think Thigpen has played well enough to have him start next season. That way, we could draft a QB in the second or third round and use our first round on defense. :11::D

theaxeeffect4311
11-30-2008, 02:53 AM
I would rather have the #2 pick. Especially if The Lions draft ahead of us. That way they can take any QB thoughts away from us.:D

Hopefully we won't do something stupid like draft a quarterback. Thigpen may not be a permanent solution, but he's done enough to give him a chance. Plus, with all the other problems the Chiefs have, we need those picks to help the defense and the O-line. I hope we draft Andre Smith or Michael Oher with our first round. Someone who will surely not be a bust and can be on the team for the next ten years at least.